Why isn't there a single RDR/GTA style open world game set in ancient Rome?

Why isn't there a single RDR/GTA style open world game set in ancient Rome?

Attached: newsreader.jpg (1280x720, 90K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Q6qV9gjU4yg
youtube.com/watch?v=QxtN_eJI6nw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>gta/rdr
both of those rely heavily on vehicles/horses for the core gameplay loop.

So? They had horses back then

no guns

because Roman culture isn't exactly what you'd call 'acceptable' by modern standards and developers are afraid of offending anyone by portraying them accurately despite that fact it would be far more interesting
if there was a game like that they'd pull an assassin creed and remove as much controversial content as possible and only keep surface level appearances

Imagine being this retarded.

Attached: 1562721263738.gif (500x452, 987K)

I didn't hear any SJW complaints about the TV series and it seemed honest enough.

the show is 14 years old

>because Roman culture isn't exactly what you'd call 'acceptable' by modern standards
Is this some retarded mutt thing? Are sharts even aware that videogames are just a form of entertainment and that it's not necessary to draw parallels with their own surface level mongoloid identity politics?

Attached: 1541612703097.jpg (384x395, 19K)

No this is a Yea Forums thing. All games must be a fat 56% "white" guy screaming NIGGER over and over or it's SJW trash.

excuse me, but you are going to need at least a few characters to say that slavery is bad, women are equal to men, and that roman rule of egypt is white supremacy

TRVE ROMAN VIDYA FOR TRVE ROMANS

THIRTEENTH

Attached: 1466408862143.jpg (679x660, 89K)

I think it's a mutt thing. You have to be asolutely retarded to get offended at a videogame or movie when it doesn't agree with your own personal views and frankly only Americans fit that bill.
It's americans that bitch about "toxicity". It's americans that bitch about muh "racism" and "white supremacy" in Mordhau.
Fuck off and nuke yourselves already because your society is doomed to implode in on itself anyway.

Because there are few enough games set in ancient Rome to begin with and most of them are terrible and RDR/GTA games have extremely long and costly development cycles

Attached: romefag.png (441x416, 167K)

You forgot all the gay shit that triggers retards who give money to their pedo preists.

*makes circular arm gestures*
GAIUS
JULUIS
CAESAR
*points finger upwards*
has hereby decreed all open world meme games an enemy of Rome and anyone seeing playing them or producing them shall have their children sold into slavery and they shall be flayed alive in front of the Senate for the amusement of all citizens except prostitutes, actors, or unclean tradesmen. This month's video games, free of open world drudgery, have been provided by the Capitoline Brotherhood of Gameplay, true Roman Games for true Romans.

Attached: 1543638068184.jpg (763x696, 106K)

Attached: 2456345682345624573457.jpg (1280x720, 92K)

based

good post

the show was long before it was the left being offended by media not agreeing with them
yes it is, for some reason young americans think that problematic media creates problematic people. they're no different to bible belt preachers 30 years ago saying rock and roll and D&D is corrupting the youth

TRULY BASED POST FOR TRULY BASED ANONS

Is there ancient Rome games that aren't some grand RTS? Only Ryse comes in mind.

>problematic media
THere you go. The fact that you said "problematic media" already means you also subconsciously start to question this "problematic media".
There is no such thing as "problematic media", at least not in the sense we're talking. It only becomes problematic when you start censoring and changing things, because that's when you start being dishonest.

The show is as old as most of the posters on this board

There's a lot of city builders. Caesar, Civcity Rome, Glory of the Roman Empire etc.

Gladius

The show aired long before 4th wave feminism and the sjw Twitter movement

The show is as old as the Baths of Diocletian

Isn't that one AssCreed game close enough?

it will be Ubi next assassin game and then the idea of it will die for a decade or so

the first season was so good, and then they were like, let's make another one i guess

That wasn't it at all, they made the first season then HBO said 'cram 5 seasons worth of this show into one season'.

Ancient history is for dorks

ATIIA OF THE JULII I CALL FOR JUSTICE

youtube.com/watch?v=Q6qV9gjU4yg

You sound like a stupid gay bitch.

they had it planned for 5-6 series, from caesar all the way to jesus, then it got cancelled while they were making series 2 and they had to time jump and compress everything so it got weird.

Hit a nerve did I? DORK!!!!

>they had it planned for 5-6 series
Fuck, it still hurts.
Instead we got stage 4 cancer trash Game of Fags.

Attached: 1983474.jpg (600x600, 42K)

Assassins Creed Odyssey
Greece is just stolen rome anyways, you know it to be true

The only real solution is to nuke NA and Israel.

Attached: 12893628913.gif (300x168, 1.6M)

That's what hurts the most.

Attached: rome 2.jpg (294x282, 36K)

Rome is Greece aesthetics without self serving gods and whiny bitch heroes. Who needs that gay shit.

>tfw high fantasy in ancient rome game

>ubishit open world trash #647
Ya but that game isn't really fun to play with its half-assed mechanics.

Why would someone wait to play another ubisoft generic open world game

This desu. Horses hadn't been invented yet.

You mean Rome is a competent Greece

Attached: 10 years in ms paint.png (500x534, 451K)

If you want your shitty meme to be funnier, hint at who it is, all those busts look exactly the same.

Specifically vast open spaces between important dense areas that can traversed by horse, and also are set in a time and place where those modes of transportation was common even for the average person. I’m pretty sure a realistic game set in ancient rome would have the player rarely leave rome, also what kind of person would fill the outlaw archetype?

Enough so half of the ones taken as prime portrayals of specific figures are actually just “suspected” to be that particular figure

Why would you have to be an outlaw straight off the bat?
It'd be way cooler to be a soldier who works his way through the ranks, who lives in some shack in Rome on his off-duty days where he interacts with citizens and catches thieves, solves problems etc. and have some kind of respect meter which unlocks more career options such as the ability to join a gang if you're a bad boy or the possibility to become a senator/consul.
But a game such as this would be too ambitious so we can only dream.

Because people could not deal with a realistic depiction of ancient Rome.

Attached: bored.png (932x692, 45K)

Why not? Because it hurts their fee fees?

Yes. Onions would write "news articles" about how problematic the game/setting/idea is and investors would go apeshit not realzing said onions get free review copies and the people reading their shit don't buy games anyways and that they all do infact not make them any money.

Riding the horse in rdr2 is boring as fuck though. It’s so slow and there’s no momentum to it. It’s the first rockstar game in which fast traveling is something I had to do all the time

Do you guys recommend this show?

How haven't these people been shot yet? Jesus fuck fix up your country mutt.

As far as big budget games go this affects the whole world.
Look at Assassins Creed or Battlefield.

Well, yea. battlefield has a mutt publisher and Ubishit's biggest market is America so of course they need to pander and be "politically correct".

based

Attached: 1518192369479.jpg (1778x1000, 241K)

> course they need to pander
So does every AAA game.

Yes, it's great

Ya, nearly every AAA game needs to pander to mutt "standards" (which are hardly standards but I don't know which other way to put it).
There are a few exceptions here and there but those games have yuropeen publishers, not mutt ones.

Attached: hitman.jpg (1920x1080, 108K)

Lucius Vorenus had a hard life

I want a game where I can kill Samnites

Attached: samnite genocide the best day of my life.jpg (1200x1830, 419K)

Good post

Capcom either needs to revive Shadow of Rome or let someone else get it

But then that means no more zelda games. You do know "Open World" does not mean "An ubisoft inspired game"

>But then that means no more zelda games.
And that's a good thing!

Zelda can go suck some octopussy.

What vidya did he play, Yea Forums?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 110K)

UMU I'm ruining this thread, with no survivors

Attached: 1496278642292.png (276x263, 60K)

GTA sucks first off. Secondly rome sucks. What are you going to do just fuck kids until the end of the game as a greasy hairy manlet?

>fuck kids until the end of the game as a greasy hairy manlet
Ceasar's Rome up until The Five Good Emperors is not the same as Post-FGE until Roman collapse.

IT WAS A CONSOLE OF ROME!

Attached: 1562564216767.jpg (400x254, 11K)

>snoys still mad that Nintendo btfo every open world on their first try

all mockery of trannies and their open wounds shall be kept to an appropriate minimum

Chucking javelins

Because Americans care nothing for history, it's why Rome was canceled after 2 seasons despite it being an incredibly well done series.

Jesus, so much retardation in one post... First of all Rome was a British production first and foremost. Second, it was only meant to be one season and got extended to two. It was literally never cancelled.

Imagine being this dumb

HE WORSHIPS DOGS AND REPTILES!

HE BLACKENS HIS EYES WITH SOOT LIKE A PROSTITUTE!

HE DANCES AND PLAYS THE CYMBALS IN VILE NILOTIC RITES!

Attached: 1494401087435.jpg (1280x720, 153K)

APPROPRIATE
MINIMUM

most of the set burned down in an accident and HBO decided to cut its losses

that's retarded, everybody loves ancient Rome
there's not a single person on Earth who doesn't

Wasn't one of the AC games set in ancient Rome? Gameplay is a little different but the overall expereince flows pretty much the same.

>Why would you have to be an outlaw straight off the bat?

What part of Grand Theft did you miss? What part of Red Dead Redemption did you also miss?

GTA is satire of pop culture and is all about wacky criminal enterprise gone wrong.
RDR is in the name. Outlaws seeking redemption.

Just call it Assassin's Creed Rome or Consul-Punk Rome or a new IP because the features you just posted aren't even available in either GTA or RDR.

I'm going to say the word grandfather! I'm going to say Gom Ja...

Attached: 3446465.jpg (400x216, 12K)

HOWARD DELENDA EST

It was the opposite. It was meant to be longer and got cancelled. That's why season 2 was so mediocre

wouldn't it be delendus or something

Imagine what the online would be like
youtube.com/watch?v=QxtN_eJI6nw

Attached: 78c.png (832x968, 420K)

Yes, it would.

BY ORDER OF THE TRIUMVIRATE, ALL MOCKERY OF JEWS AND THEIR ONE GOD SHALL BE KEPT AT AN APPROPRIATE MINIMUM.

Attached: file.png (1087x619, 1.4M)

>no one has posted this already

Attached: sup consul.jpg (1654x854, 263K)

Plenty of people hate Rome because they see it as "muh evil empire" without realizing it opened up social mobility considerably and raised the standard of living for Europe considerably

Attached: 1559682907495m(2).jpg (1024x768, 121K)

Attached: 1559684031986m.jpg (1024x910, 98K)

what the fuck was this bitch's problem?

that's from the HBO rome right? that show was so fucking good, such a shame it only lasted a few seasons.

cause rome sucks and is boring

this is desu the best line from the best character of the entire series

Velites and Aquilifer a cutest!

>years of /agdg/ and "how's your game going" threads
>none has attempted this future cult classic

Attached: 1550032450767.png (374x360, 73K)

Attached: 1545415325747.png (635x365, 78K)

Assasins creed?

>Byzantium
>Roman

Attached: main_1200.jpg (1200x800, 191K)

Pray it won't be made by Americans or it's going to be another "You're a Christian persecuted by teh ebil Romans" shit.

This is your Gaius Julius Cesar tonight.

Attached: 1559919994413.png (512x875, 426K)

>Christians
>An oppressed collective
Umm,no sweetie...

>You are this server's Helen of Troy

what about
>horses
>chariots
>elephants (in rare circumstances)

i fucking love this man