Untitled

Attached: 28590845283_9bd5d77b7d_b[3].jpg (1024x905, 156K)

Attached: PlayStation2-launch.jpg (800x1150, 217K)

no games

There's nothing to innovate from. We've been using the same control scheme for 25 years. We've been playing the same series for almost just as long. Honestly I feel like VR, or a different kind of controller is the next step to taking video games to another level, but maybe I'm retarded, I dunno.

>Silent Hill 2 arrived about a year prior

it was a good time

That's the kind of thinking that brought us Wii era nintendo

18 years. Let it go.

reminder the ps2 only sold so well because it was the cheapest dvd player at the time

I'm thinking he's based

Attached: ps2.png (3001x923, 1.72M)

Gen 6 is the only gen Sony deserves to use goldface for.

and every subsequent gen afterward

and 5, and by the end of gen 7. Gen 8 they don't deserve it but got it by default due to nintendo and especially microsoft shitting themselves hard

it still would have sold well regardless of that.

>That's the kind of thinking that brought us Wii era nintendo

>implying that's a bad thing

The only thing that set it back was the underpowered console and lack of 3rd party support. The exclusives were quite good.

this has been disproven multiple times, there were cheaper DVD players at the time

Fucking nocturne. It was an experience not a videogame. It is unforgettable the feelings this game being out of you. Pure unfiltered rage. I laugh at dark souls ponies who call that hard

it really wasn't, nocturne has a pretty straightforward difficulty curve. Problem is it was a lot of people's first SMT before they were used to the mechanics. The last 2 layers of amala are the only real challenge

Okay, but you can't reasonably have it both ways. You could have literally perfect system but unless it has at least a significant degree of parity with "normal" consoles, you're not going to get the traditional third party support. Unless your console literally has 51% of the market share or more, it makes more sense for companies to hedge their bets and that's a big part of a consoles success. People buy a console for Call of Duty, and the decide which console based on the supplement of either Halo or Last of Us. You could always include the gimmick and tradition,but that really doesn't work well either. Xbox proved that this generation launching with Kinect as a mandate, but the market wouldn't support the price involved so the gimmick feature was made optional and thereafter received zero support. It's all a delicate balance of trying to be a slightly better option across a few key metrics.

Wii brought in some of the greatest games of all time retard.

You're right it brought Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 and the worst Zelda the worst Metroid Prime, hampered DKC Returns with obligatory waggle on a FUCKING PLATFORM GAME, and much more of the greatest games of all time.
You piece of shit braindead retard.

are you implying galaxy is bad?

I'm implying they are the ONLY real good thing that Wii brought.

The Galaxy games were worse than SM64 and Sunshine. Say what you will about Sunshine, at least Mario felt good to control in that game.

>worse than sunshine
lol

>felt good to control
in the fludd-less levels designed around his base movement, sure. Level design is far worse in SM64 and sunshine compared to galaxy, especially galaxy 2. Movement is great in SM64, I'll give you that

Eh, level design in Galaxy was a bit better, but it was also comparatively linear. But Mario felt stiff as fuck in that game.

Needs more Katamari

I'd rather Nintendo keep innovating, trying new shit every generation than make a console similar to what Sony and Microsoft produce. Haven't bought a new new Nintendo console in probably 10 years. I just find their products to be interesting. But they are still behind on a lot of ideas, mainly their online service and multiplayer in general.