About to play rdr

Anything I should know? Thoughts?

Attached: 71W0shS7ylL._SX466_.jpg (466x536, 57K)

It's a good game. Have fun.

grand theft auto with horses

If you played RDR2, hoo boy will this game seem really shitty in comparison. Prepare for everything to feel outdated.

RDR2 is just a massively improved version of this game, I'd play that instead

>no spoilers so far

Attached: 6LfxAc0.png (1920x1080, 1.78M)

John Marston dies at the end.

Haven't played rdr2
Thanks a lot faggot

I played this and it was extremely boring to me
Hope you have more fun with it

what is there you might ever need to know about a 3rd person shooter by rockstar? just play the fucking thing. it's not simon's quest. just play it.

He gets killed by Edgar Ross from the FBI.

You did missions for him before.

It's one of the best game of its generation and a massive improvement over GTA IV (i also prefer it over V).

It feels outdated when compared to RDR2 but that's only natural. It's still a fantastic game. Have fun user!

Like clockwork.

Attached: 1562873264256.jpg (672x758, 157K)

These are fake

Your son kills Edgar Ross as revenge.

You play the son in the prologue.

This is also fake

It actually plays better than Red Dead 2, fuck the controls are so delayed I didn't realize it until I played another third person shooter.

Don't play the PS3 version first. Objectively the worst verison to play.

Dutch your gang leader commits suicide as you approach.

After you are allowed to return to your family.

RDR2 is worse with shittier controls and a focus on dumb half baked realism elements. Atmosphere is more bland too

What if you don't own an xbox

2 has more responsive shooting than 1 though

Great game, far less tedious than the sequel.

This so god damn much. RDR2 has prettier visuals but everything in the gameplay department as well as the controls and even just common interactions are so much more responsive and less time-wasting in this game.

This man is wrong
This man is also wrong

Here is the right opinion: RDR 1 and 2 are the best games Rockstar has made in a solid decade (probably 2), and if you love 1, you'l love 2. Play through both at your own leisurely pace, don't try and rush them. They're both honest 10/10s.

>prologue.

you're dumb

This man is wrong. RDR1 maybe, RDR2 is a bloated piece of shit when it comes to all things interaction and is only ignored or condoned by how terrible it is because of its production values.

I love 1 and think 2 is a boring piece of shit

You can't swim so don't try it.

Stick to the main game don't bother with undead nightmare unless you're playing multiplayer. Undead is a buggy shitfest with godawful writing and unskipple, like pick up x amount of flowers, fetch quests.

Attached: 1562643318826.jpg (960x720, 135K)

Honest opinion: if you genuinely think RDR 2 is too slow or too boring, you should go to your doctor and ask to be tested for ADD.

I played RDR at release, put hours and hours into it. I still think RDR2 is a better game, and theres nothing you can do about it.

They made John look like such a badass on the cover

RDR1 is a spaghetti western, RDR2 is a more modern style western
RDR1 is also a really good game, enjoy it.

How about test yourself for having shit taste. Also you're using the go-to bandwagon reply of blind fanboy faggots like clockwork.
Realism is not about waiting for long-ass animations to finish without requiring input from the player, forced walking sections, or feeling like your character is stuck in quicksand the entire playthrough.

They are lying, OP
RDR is an amazing game, have fun and try to play RDR2 after you finish

Not really.

This man is right, both games are amazing

literally everyone already knows how RDR 1 and 2 end, it should practically be on promotional material. hell, if you couldn't predict the fact that we'd play as john at the end of 2 you might be actually clinically retarded

Don't play on hardcore mode.
Everything is twice as expensive and you get way less money from looting and selling.
Also you die in only ~2 shots.
Not to mention deadeye no longer regenerates and health regens slower.

I like playing on hard mode in games occasionally, but Rockstar somehow made the least fun one possible.

Play Undead Nightmare after. Expected it to be shit but it's pretty good.

wrong

holy cope. Get over it already ;)