Official from Nintendo site. I thought the lite could use joycons

Official from Nintendo site. I thought the lite could use joycons

Attached: 918E516E-0907-4D64-979E-21B8F78E4F0E.jpg (2048x991, 544K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/MiWYo2dixsY
youtu.be/i3CQ6rQYSts
nintendo.co.uk/Nintendo-Switch/Nintendo-Switch-Lite/Nintendo-Switch-Lite-1595961.html
youtu.be/jZOPC6J4fAA?t=291
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

what does HD rumble even feel like? I never used a switch before. How does it compare to regular rumble on other controllers?

Pretty sure you can still use them, they're just not included with the console. (The version built into the console are not called joy-cons).

Touch the cone of your speakers and play samples of different instruments like kickdrums and basstones

It's basically that.
It's just finer frequency of vibration than coarse frequency

So the Lite doesn't have gyro aiming?

it means that it does not include them out the box, it is still compatible with them however.
very few games use it, only one that really sticks out in my head in bing bing wahoo where it's used pretty effectively to convey the feeling of a motor engine when you're on that moped thing in newdonk city. mario also uses it to locate a few hidden moons via extremely sensitive rumble like a metal detector to locate a moon underground. So the technology is good, but it's so rarely used that I don't know why they bothered; I'm assuming it's hard to integrate it into games or something?

Ir motion is the infrared on the control. Gyro is in the console

You can connect Joy-Cons to it, but they aren't included, nor can you charge them from the Switch Lite. You'll need a Joy-Con Charging Grip or a third-party charger to charge the Joy-Cons.
Also, the Switch Lite doesn't have an inbuilt kickstand, so you'll also need to prop it up when using Joy-Cons.

Super Mario Party also uses it extensively, but it doesn't support Handheld Mode at all, so it won't run on the Switch Lite.

That's a list of stuff it comes with, they just engrished sshesshed it badly.

Also if you cant touch your speakers, just put a piece of paper over your mouth and make low pitch sounds into it and you should get a similar effect.

never played super mario party. Looked pretty shit to me

It's fun if you have three real-life friends to play it with.

there's only 4 boards and they all look shit. I'd rather play the old mario party games.

Fair enough.

It probably doesn't even have bluetooth

youtu.be/MiWYo2dixsY

Bags of sand

So why exactly can't the lite just use a dock? I thought both had the same hardware.

It's a very fine, subtle rumble that can be tuned well. Can even make sound effects with it.
youtu.be/i3CQ6rQYSts

Lite uses a new chip optimized for handheld play.
It's not like OG Switch chip that has to underclock to run in handheld and not overheat.

>I want a slightly smaller switch with less features
WHO ASKED FOR THIS SHIT

I'm going to guess thermal issues. It's probably just disabled in firmware.

>prop it up
PROTIP: Just get one of those little foldable stands for framed pictures and sit your device in it.

Smwller form factor so probably smaller heatsink and fan.

You know the haptic feedback you get on cellphones when using the on screen keyboard? It's exactly that but with a more forceful vibration or a vibration that can be programmed in higher or lower intensity rhythms. It's really nothing unique.

>I thought the lite could use joycons
Nobody ever want's to use this shit ever again

Tabletop mode? That'll be
$20 for a kickstand
$80 for two joycons
Aren't you glad you saved money?

Attached: 61oDXxMwLiL._AC_.jpg (794x724, 43K)

Joycons are a retarded gimmick, so I'm ok with this.

That Senran Kagura ad with the guy squeezing a balloon in his other hand while pressing in on a digital switch has the horny kiddies thinking it's something more.

It doesn't support extra joycons you moron. Did you even look at OP's pic?

The Switch Lite is just a DS replacement so it doesn't really matter. I always use the pro controller anyway, not having joy cons isn't a big deal.

>buy thing that is cheaper because it has fewer features
>wow, I have to pay for those features? THANKS, NINTENDO

are you fucking retarded? Also, it's not like you can't just do this shit.

Lots of people (mostly japs) who want a dedicated handheld.

Docked mode runs the GPU at a higher clockspeed (and thus, higher temperatures).
Removing support for docked mode likely lets them use a smaller, lighter cooling solution.

So you can't use it to play tabletop multiplayer?

If you get a separate controller you can.

You can, you just have to buy Joy-Cons (and a way to charge them) separately from the system.

But people on the thread are saying you can't because of the image.

I bought a switch just because of that ad.
I like the console now, but that game DID NOT felt like a pair of tittes at all.

You're also on a board that has a loud anti-nintendo shitposting group. Needless to say do your own research.

those people are retards

>Tabletop mode
just buy a normal switch

Just wait another two years for a "new! Switch XL".

If they don't want to play it on a the dock then just don't? Don't they really want something smaller so they can just stick it in their pocket? Is it so hard to carry around a bag?

...Is it so hard to accept that some people may want a different thing than you?

I just don't get wanting it to be "portable only" when you can make it "portable only" just by not using the dock?

No, you literally cannot connect extra controllers to the switch lite. Thats exactly what the OP image means. Switch lite will not work with bluetooth controllers whatsoever.

A) Why pay an extra $100 for a dock you won't use?
B) Why pay an extra $100 for worse battery life?
C) Why pay an extra $100 for a larger device with less durabilty?
D) Why pay an extra $100 for a display with a lower pixel density?
E) Why pay an extra $100 to not have a d-pad?

absolute retard

So why not just make the regular Switch $100 cheaper?

Because it's still a flimsy piece of shit with a bad battery and screen. The original Switch includes handheld play as a mere option for a device built around multiple modes of play. The Lite is built around handheld play and is optimized for it.

I'm not retarded. I'm correct. Its factually true that the switch lite does not support any extra controllers whatsoever.
Fan costs money. Dock costs money. Bluetooth module costs money. Joycons and HD rumble cost money. How do you think prices get cut, you fucking dumb retarded cunt who doesnt deserve to live?

>I'm not retarded. I'm correct. Its factually true that the switch lite does not support any extra controllers whatsoever.
retard. pic related.

source:
nintendo.co.uk/Nintendo-Switch/Nintendo-Switch-Lite/Nintendo-Switch-Lite-1595961.html

Attached: Annotation 2019-07-15 203032.png (856x90, 21K)

No, you're wrong.
youtu.be/jZOPC6J4fAA?t=291
They explicitly say that external controllers are supported.

Don't ever waste my fucking time like this again, you piece of living trash.
I cannot fucking stand people who have the audacity to be both wrong and arrogant.
I hope you outlive your children.

Thanks for spoonfeeding me. I didnt feel like googling it so I pretended to be retarded.

>pretended
Sure you did.

In situations like this, you'd actually be better off not even replying any further.

Is it worse or better than the taptic engine on iPhones? That shit is orgasmic.

wait... this shit WASN'T a meme?
WTF LMAO
HAHAHAHAHAHA

look 4 posts above you

It's a vibration fine enough it can basically play some music, in the new Kirby game joy-cons play the classic Kirby stage music when you play through one classic bonus level at the end.

Not my fault you got extremely mad and then did exactly what I wanted. Dont blame me.

Dude, just leave the thread. He BTFO'd you and trying to save face by literally calling yourself retarded isn't helping.

It has to be able to use them, or else it completely locks people out of Super Mario Party entirely and the multiplayer for Pokemon Let's Go.

>you fucking dumb retarded cunt who doesnt deserve to live?
OW THAT EDGE

>he BTFO'd me
He spoonfed me. First day here?

Why would you think otherwise? Of course there will be games the lite CANT play. Thats why its not a fully priced switch

Implying that you're a literal infant who cannot search for information on your own isn't helping your cause.

Like rumble but more tickle-y. They feel like tiny more intricate rumbles.

>He spoonfed me
No he BTFO'd you.
Spoonfeeding is when someone asks for something and is given it without trying like asking for a source without reverse searching first, getting BTFO'd is when you're proven wrong which you were hence why you pulled the "I'm retarded!" card.

Except the lite does support adding joycons and other controllers through Bluetooth. The pair of joycons just aren't included is all

>tfw using a element on an iPhone and you hear and feel those satisfying clicks
Oy vey.

depends on the game

It's different, but if you never told me about it I wouldnt have noticed it was there
(Except that kirby thing)