So what do you think is the definitive Yakuza game, Yea Forums?

So what do you think is the definitive Yakuza game, Yea Forums?

Attached: 220px-Yakuza2.jpg (220x309, 24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ZhbrO6ppnN4
youtube.com/watch?v=uHW3Im9_c1k
youtu.be/CUX7ZhctDmo?list=PLU_iZ-e4vsqznFH6AUYrxke2SXPn21VbC
siliconera.com/2019/06/24/yakuza-producer-says-that-yakuza-kenzan-could-get-a-kiwami-version/
youtu.be/W61-AJIZFCk
youtu.be/o9hwuJ4nAcM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

bump

Wait for the remaster of 5 to come to the west so people can play it at a tolerable frame rate then ask.

That game is too long, totally fractured, and most of its content exists to pad the game out. It might be one of the worst Yakuza games, certainly inferior to Y2.

Judgment

game never ends and story is a mess
fuck that game

Yakuza 4 is still the best. Aside from
>lmao rubberbullets
everything it did was better than Y0.

>styles
>majima origin story
>makoto is the best female character of the franchise
>best OST
no competition

Attached: majima.jpg (1280x720, 252K)

>t. babbys first yakuza

2, PS2.

Its a great game though? It worked great as a fanservice title.

I had more fun with Yakuza 6 than i did with Yakuza 0.

I had more fun with Kiwami 2 than i did with Yakuza 0.

I had more fun with Ishin than i did with Yakuza 0.

I had more fun with Kenzan than i did with Yakuza 0.

Fuck Yakuza 0.

Attached: 21209079_1394917113890119_2090214110_n.jpg (500x670, 23K)

Should I play Yakuza 0 as my first Yakuza game? (pc)

No, first play Kiwami, then play 0, then Kiwami 2.

No, you either start with the first one in PS2 or fuck off

Still had a lot of fun in that one(If I ignore Haruka's choices in the story) but 4 is the one for me.

If you can emulate, i'd recommend trying the PS2 releases. Don't think 0 is a good representative of the rest of the franchise.

It is good but then you have all these babbies who play it as their first yakuza and claim it's the best without having played the previous ones.
It's the Skyrim of Elder Scrolls.

>4 is the one for me.
This nigga knows.
>best map, no point in having spread little content in little maps
>kamurucho has both rooftops and underground places
>best music
>revelations
>best side activities

0fags please go

HEY YOU

You just posted it.

Indeed
youtu.be/ZhbrO6ppnN4

Attached: gaze.jpg (680x447, 44K)

Yes, then Kiwami then emulate the original yakuza 2. K2 sucks fat cocks.

youtube.com/watch?v=uHW3Im9_c1k

I think 0 is the most well rounded, I don't necessarily know if it's my favorite because I also really like 4 and 5, but neither of them handle having multiple protagonists as well as 0 and in both cases the Saejima section of the game drags it down quite a bit, and I say that even liking how Saejima plays and liking the hunting in 5.

I don't considering a true Yakuza game if I can't sing machine gun kiss

Oh shit nigger that's a good one.
I see yours and raise you
youtu.be/CUX7ZhctDmo?list=PLU_iZ-e4vsqznFH6AUYrxke2SXPn21VbC

Y0 failed in what it tried the most, to establish Majima's backstory.
>b-but muh cabaret club plot twist
There's no good explanation why Majima became who he is in Y1.

Should I get Yakuza 0 or Kiwami 1?

Attached: 1516162179769.jpg (1920x1080, 173K)

I don't really agree, but even were that the case, I would still call it the most well-rounded game in the series. It's not perfect, and that's one issue I know some people have with it, but I think it's minor compared to issues some other games in the series have.

Sleeping Dogs, skip this shit.

Kiwami 2

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 98K)

No. I would start with Y1 or Y2 on the PS2.

I already played it
pretty good, I think I even 100% or I was very close to 100% completion
The ending is kinda meh since Weis internal conflict of being a cop or loyal to the triad has a very disappointing conclusion

>muh gta

Currently playing it.
Liking the exp system so far, but my biggest issue is that the completion list does not give you any rewards.
I mean opening every locker in Kamurucho is listed as 5 stars in difficulty yet gives you less XP than one meal in Sushi Gin.

>muh wub wubs and wacky Majima
Big yikes from me bud

Kenzan's my jam.
>Story is pretty interesting and it's neat to see Musashi's rollercoaster of a life.
>Characters are great, Itou and Kojiro in particular.
>Pretty much everything they did was brand new coming off of 2 and it was like a clean slate for them to try new things.
>Tons of areas to wander around in including that awesome maze of a wheat field, Gion, the waterfall area, the shrine, and the suburbs.
>Tons of funny substories, especially the UFO-sama one.
>Lots of great boss fights.
>Lots of great gauntlets, especially in the burning Tsuruya.
>Lots of new minigames, in particular horse archery, jiraiya, kakashi, frog racing (Even if I wasn't a fan of it), melon cutting, and kabuki off the top of my head.
>Amon is my favorite one of the series.
>Lots of pretty brutal Heat Actions.
It has a lot of problems in the missable department and the gameplay has major problems with the enemies blocking virtually everything whilee dropping you to the ground constantly, the final boss being one of the worst in the series with a gauntlet that kills any tension after one of the best boss fights in the game, and those horrible sumo wrestlers, but coming off of 2 to it was pretty magical.

Attached: He was floored.webm (960x540, 2.28M)

>Port NEVER EVER

>kiryu doesnt kill people

Chance for a Kiwami though, and it's one of the few games that needs one.
siliconera.com/2019/06/24/yakuza-producer-says-that-yakuza-kenzan-could-get-a-kiwami-version/

Attached: Wait, is he seriously going to try this.webm (854x480, 2.88M)

I dunno.
I own 1, 2 and 3. They're still sealed.

Kiryu doesn't, Musashi and Ryoma do. Kiryu's not even in that webm. Or this one.

Attached: 早い!.webm (854x480, 1.18M)

>he doesn't like Yakuza 5

Attached: 1375545975691.png (717x359, 603K)

>kiryu and majima worked for a crimiminal organization for decades doing dirty work
>never killed though, killing is bad
I don't get it

absolute state of 0fags

Came here to post this

>paying for games you'll never actually play
based wagie keeping the industry alive while I pirate it all

Batman rules
killing people is bad but leaving them crippled or comatose is a-ok

What about the freeway shootout where Kiryu caused many cars and a couple of helicopters.
That happened twice.

bullets and explosions only kill in cutscenes senpai, they are merely a minor annoyance in gameplay so no need to worry about those guys

Rubber bullets.
Rubber explosions.

Gameplay's not canon so don't worry about it. After Kiryu leaned out with the revolver in 0 and 1 they just backed off, the Jingweon decided they actually wanted lunch so they also backed off in 2 instead of Kiryu hopping around all those trucks kicking them underneath the tires, and the helicopter in 6 never happened.

>kamurucho le empty the game

Don't listen to the salty boomers, start with 0, then Kiwami 1 & 2

I honestly wonder how Kenzan would get to the west first, via fan translation or a Kiwami-tier remake. I'd be happy with either or.

Kiryu just popped off a couple of warning shots and scared them away. Just imagine Kiryu is a closet chunni who imagines cool scenarios and the series "Kiryu never kills" rule makes more sense.

>hating on Y0 this much just because it blew up
contrarianism is a disease, I swear

>t. my first yakuza is yakuza 0 on steam :D

Kiwami 2 cut shit from the original, right?

>doing the exact thing he got accused off
Have you no shame? Being a contrarian is nothing respectful

That is correct. A whole section was cut off as well as some songs from the original OST.

Some sidequests were removed or replaced, as well as .
Because of that one district being removed they also changed one of the missions.

That sucks shit, what district was removed?

There's a couple substories missing (One of which was one of the few uses of pocket tissues in the series).
The Marietta and Adam's substories were replaced with Four Shine and Clan Creator (K2) respectively. The buildings are still there though, the Marietta is right next to the Shichifuku parking lot even in Judgment (and as of 6 they have a new spot also on Nakamichi) while Adam is at the top-left of the Hotel District.
The 10 hostesses were removed from Shine, Jewel, and Prime.
Shinseicho was removed and anything story-important (Like the puzzle for the access code) or substory-important (Like Granny White) was relocated to Sotenbori and redone. Small things like the acupuncture clinic were also placed into Sotenbori instead.
A couple of songs were replaced.
The first Ryuji fight removed the guards standing around during the fight for some reason.
Amon's reasoning still follows his K1 reasoning which means he's not canon to the rest of the Amons either.
Several combat arenas and smaller side areas were removed or changed, Amon for example fights you in Millennium Tower instead of the pier and his moveset is completely different.
They removed YF6 and thus Amon is also missing his weapons from that arcade game.

In return they added a bunch of new substories and consolidated some others into one long one instead of multiple short ones, Sotenbori has far more areas than it originally did, the Riichi Heights guard can't make you miss a substory (He just doesn't fight you anymore if you talk to him too much), there are no missable Heat Actions or substories, Amon is now unmissable no matter the choices you make in substories, and there's tons of new (Compared to 2) minigames, some of which are OC and some of which are carry-overs.

Attached: YAKUZA KIWAMI 2 E Shichifuku St__.jpg (1920x1080, 613K)

>just started playing Kiwami 2
>leader of the Tojo clan is a woman
..... really?

What the fuck is Yakuza 0 even supposed to be?
So I'm some dude framed for murder or whatever just chilling at a batting cage, racing slot cars, dancing disco then telling schoolgirls not to be sluts, working on some tv commercial then teaching some chick how to be a dominatrix all the while beating up random assholes and being thanked by receiving used dinner plates.

Attached: 1607455.png (500x334, 178K)

Le quirky and wacky Japanese anime :)

Welcome to Yakuza. The side content is always there to give you some levity from the serious main story. Don't think about how Kiryu or anyone else actually does them in a timeframe because it will never fit with the main story. If I remember right I think they said the Elise stuff in 4 took several weeks and Real Estate in 0 has a time skip of what seems like several weeks if not months. In the former's main story they had to uncover the conspiracy within a week or so at most and with the latter's main story the game takes place within a couple of days at most. Snack Bar in 6 seems to imply the friendships are done within a couple of months as well but in that game it kind of makes sense for the story to take several weeks so it's not as egregious.

Attached: One of the better boss fights in 6.webm (640x360, 2.92M)

It was a district in Osaka called Shinseicho. It wasnt terribly huge by any means, but it was such a missed opportunity not having that district redone in the Dragon Engine, especially since they had to redo the puzzle for it in the remake due to its absence.

Attached: 528617-yakuza-2-playstation-2-screenshot-shinseicho-another-smaller.jpg (720x480, 46K)

At least they ended up making it more involved and longer, Granny White at the river feels better than her just standing around in a parking lot, and the acupuncture clinic feels like they fit it in naturally with Sotenbori. Still doesn't excuse removing it though, I really loved the tower looming in the background, imagine how it would have been if you could enter it in realtime (Though they probably would have done a cutaway regardless like in Okinawa's secondary bits).

why remove it?

either budget or time constraints

Probably thought it wasn't worth the effort to make an area like that in what is already clearly a fairly low budget game when Shinshicho was never that important in Yakuza 2 to begin with. There was nothing in it that couldn't just be put in Sotenbori somewhere, it didn't offer anything other than a little change of scenery.

small studio pwease understand

Was it tomorrow this supposed new info on Shin is supposed to be revealed or no?

I thought it was July 10, but I'm sure I got that wrong.

The next Shin thing is in August which is probably just going to be an announcement of footage being shown at TGS. The thing you're probably thinking of happened a couple of days ago and it was just them announcing Ichiban's main girl.

Attached: Eri-Kamataki-next-yakuza-ps4-actress-audition-winner.jpg (2464x1640, 1.5M)

Well, here's hoping, I guess. If we do get something, I hope it's more than just "lol prease rook forward to it!"

I just want to see how that smug not-kiryu fights

>Ichiban's main girl
Say what now?

Ugly as fuck

His Hana, his helper basically, the really important girl for the story.

>played 0
>played Kiwami
>playing Kiwami 2 now
Uhm when I get to play as an actual Yakuza?

It's not that I'm a collectorwhore, the backlog just too real.

Attached: 1417586705785.gif (500x281, 706K)

He was a yakuza at the start of 0 and kiwami

Me-zawari da
youtu.be/W61-AJIZFCk

I think he is asking when will he be able to play as a Yakuza for the entire game.

Yeah for a couple of minutes. I thought I would get to play as an actual criminal Yakuza

Would you want kiwami kenzan

Oh, I see. Interesting. Makes me wonder what Ichiban does, then. Hoping he's not gonna be some jobless freeloader like Kiryu.

The yakuza in Yakuza aren't criminals, they're noble good guys who fight for dreams.
And sometimes murder and shake people down.

they are supposed to rerelease 3, 4 and 5 on Ps4?

any news on fucking when?

I'm betting he's gonna be an investigative reporter.
Which means more hella sick trailing missions.

Provided they look at Ishin's changes to styles, follow up on those, and then make everything interconnected without any load screens or cuts, yeah. 2kat ended up being the only usable style come midgame and unarmed was unusable. I'd also want them to add more content obviously, and I'd love to see what they would do for a major minigame. In Ishin it was the Battle Dungeon so I wonder what Kenzan's take would be on a big one.

The series isn't about that, it's about being like a dragon, not being like a yakuza. It's not even called Yakuza in Japan, that's just for western marketing purposes.

Attached: Best revelation.webm (1276x720, 2.72M)

Does anyone we could keep a thread alive on /vg/? I hate waiting for a thread to pop up to discuss a game

>Unarmed
Actually, I'm curious. In the samurai games, how does unarmed style work? Is it just Kiryu's style from the main games? Or has it been nerfed or whatever?

soon prease patience have, twanks!

Nope, it's been tried before and never works.
These threads are seasonal, they're popping up now because of Judgement, but soon enough they'll be gone until Shin comes out.

I wouldn't mind being a reporter. Maybe we'll run into Hattori, that fuck.

this, filthy chinese and koreans are the true criminals

Goodbye.

Attached: faggot.png (1366x768, 108K)

Wait, what is it called in Japan?

those were chinese, the japanese dont count them as people

Ryu Ga Gotoku (Like a Dragon)

Ryu Ga Gotoku
Like a Dragon in english

Oof

Attached: 702EE55C-198B-4219-8DC4-CF8CAE8D2165.jpg (750x178, 112K)

Well that is much more kino, fuck the English translation then

The first game is my favorite. I still replay it every Christmas.

In Kenzan is was this slapping style where it attacked quite slowly, offered no protection at all in a game where every enemy could bypass your guards since they had swords, did horrible damage, and if I remember right it barely had skills despite learning from Komaki.
In Ishin they learned their mistakes. You now have the parry from 4 which also grants you temporary invincibility if you get the upgrade for it, you can use Heat Actions for oranges and plums, you can use all the typical Heat Actions unarmed usually can (Komaki Fist Reversal is in for example), it's its own mix of Kiryu's style, Kenzan's slapping, and its own thing, it's decently fast, if you have the right equips it can match endgame Sword (But not Pistol or Wild Dance), and it has a better Tiger Drop than Sword does. It requires heavy grinding to make usable in any manner though, if you don't have the damage upgrades from level 26+ you're dealing nothing to enemies.

Nope. It's been tried multiple times and never goes past a couple dozen posts. The most successful one happened when 0 PC was just released and hit only like 200 or 300 posts in a couple weeks. It was dying more than it was alive. Hell, Judgment just came out and those threads are a crapshoot if they die within a couple posts or within a couple hundred.

龍が如く aka Like a Dragon.

Attached: I think he'll be okay.webm (960x540, 2.9M)

They've already done so for 3 and 4
We're just never getting them.

Kiwami 2 is much better than Y2
prove me wrong boomers, you can't

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 115K)

It's a shame what 0 did to the fanbase.
Which is to say it made it elitist.

Anyone seen the movie?
How bad is it?
youtu.be/o9hwuJ4nAcM

It brought too many fucking newfags who keeps claiming how Majima isn't acting how they want him to be, among other things like complaining on which order they need to play to catch up the story.
>What do you mean I can't play Yakuza 6 without playing the other games first?
People kept shitposting about this so much that every discussion afterwards went to shit.

Attached: 1500232257667.jpg (600x338, 52K)

lmao no way

Always said Yakuza 2, until 0 happened. 0 has so much content I loved from minigames(disco, cabaret, pocket racing), the different styles, the substories(like MJ ones), silly characters like Mr.Libido, that fucking soundtrack and some memorable story characters. The only thing missing is a great coliseum

I still love 2 though and is on pair with 0. I dont enjoy K2 because I dont like the dragon engine.Content in K2 was great.
I would say 5 would be the best if the game was all about Kiryu with that quality of his chapters with more taxi driving crazyness.

for me it's yakuza 5

4 & 5 also did that. I remember newfags not knowing who was the main character of the game because Kiryu's chapter in 4 was the last part of the game

fuck this dumb sidestory

fucking Sega

5's was released at the end of last month in jip jap.
now we wait till they say shit.

>styles
Sure, I like the styles.
>majima origin story
Not really, 4 was his actual origin story. 0 really kind of shit on his origin a bit because it was less interesting than we were led to believe.
>makoto is the best female character of the franchise
lol no, that would be Hana
>best OST
also lol no, that would be 5

KIIRYYYYUUUU CHAAAN!!!

Attached: CD0D8E24-6F39-49F0-914E-F8F4B6D6845B.jpg (845x459, 61K)

>6 still has the best enemy gauntlets in the series
such a shame that the combat has the bouncing blocks

Not 2, since Yakuza is defined by its unfunny comedy sidequests.

>the hostess creator in 4
what the fuck were they thinking?

>unfunny comedy sidequests
So it's not just me? I always feel like a stick in the mud when I see how much other people like the comedic substories when I honestly don't find the vast majority of them funny.

Honestly the worst thing in the game and they even saddled my man Akiyama with the shit.

I mean they aren't sidesplitting,they range from soft exhale to sensible chuckle for the most part.

It’s a culture thing along with some jokes not translating well. If you speak jap they’re a bit more humorous. Some are still cringe tho

DoD style > akiyama > saejima > thug > brawler > DoD (dragon engine) > rush > slugger > breaker > beast > tiger > crane > mad dog > tanimura = shinada
dunno where i'd put the styles from kenzan, and i haven't played ishin.

Rush is actually the best, Akiyama's style a close second.

it's too limited compared to everything above it.

>Amon's reasoning still follows his K1 reasoning which means he's not canon to the rest of the Amons either.
?

Never had a fight I couldn't easily win with rush.

it's not bad, but it's lacking in moves.
you really just use the rush combo and weave/quickstep to win fights (sometimes the parry too, but it's usually better to just quickstep behind them)
the style only has like 2 finishing blows, and the quickstep attack is way too slow which is funny since it's the fastest style in all other regards.

The Amon is a clan of hitmen who have never been beaten by any of their targets or failed. Jo was hired to kill Kiryu but failed and spends the rest of the games hunting down Kiryu because he and his friends have been the only ones to ever survive the Amon Clan's assassination attempts. His sole purpose is to kill Kiryu (and eventually his friends) because he sullied the clan's name.
K1 and K2 Amon doesn't give a damn about any of that, he literally just fights Kiryu because he wants to fight someone strong, and going from K1 to K2 makes no sense because his brothers want Kiryu dead for some random reason that was never set up in K1 at all but Jo just wants to beat him to prove he's a stronger fighter and this only makes sense if you played the original 1 or 2.

K2 Amon going into 3 makes absolutely no sense because 3's Amon is obsessed about killing Kiryu to the point that he hired Minamida to make a device that would simulate actually fighting Kiryu from his memories so he could finally kill him without even trying, but K2's Amon just wants to have a good fight with Kiryu. 2's Amons work fine because they're embarrassed and pissed Kiryu beat Jo in 1, K2's literally have no setup and make no sense because you would assume they're all just really strong guys who want to pick a fight with Kiryu.

and 0's jo fight is non canon too right?

Jo's probably doesn't work but you could argue he was still in training considering how nonchalant and different his attitude is compared to later on. The dad should be fine though? He doesn't really conflict with anything and would actually strengthen Jo's reasoning in 1 for wanting to kill Kiryu.

>some
all but four songs, in fact
>bad fortune flower
>a scattered moment
>push me under water
>outlaw's lullaby
these are the only ones still in the game

>0 is bad
What a brainlet

SOKO NO KIRYU CHAN OBARINASAI

Attached: file.png (350x354, 155K)

i wish they'd bring back that red heat thing from 5.
having more uses for heat outside of heat actions and passive effects was cool.