I'm this close to playing through all generations of pokemon games...

I'm this close to playing through all generations of pokemon games. Personally I'm a 31yo boomer who only played Pokemon Blue and Silver back in the day. I'm planning to go

Yellow -> Crystal -> Emerald -> Platinum -> White -> White 2

Maybe skip yellow and crystal as it's the gens I already know.
What about stuff like FireRed or SoulSilver? Worth to play them? How about instead of playing Emerald I play one of the 3DS remakes of Sapphire/Ruby? Anyone with input on these games? I trust Yea Forums more but I'll post in /vp/ as well, just in case

Attached: file.png (686x282, 20K)

Skip Yellow and Crystal and instead do:

Fire Red -> Emerald -> Heart Gold -> Platinum -> White -> White 2

While I love the original gen 2, theres not much reason to play it over Heart Gold other than nostalgia, and Fire Red is just a straight upgrade in every sense over gen 1

Listen to this user op, unless you want a huge nostalgia trip, the first two gens are overall outclassed by their remakes

Yellow is worth playing because it's one of the "harder" games in the series. By the Elite 4, your team will be in their mid-40's without excessive grinding and you'll be facing Pokemon in their 50's and 60's. In contrast, our team will also be in their mid-40's in Crystal but the Elite 4 will barely have any Pokemon at a much higher level than you. They're still not hard games, but the original Elite 4 are worth fighting.

Pokemon "games" aren't worth playing, just do a couple battles, maybe get an evolution or two, then realize the rest of the game(s) would just be the same shit on repeat, and start jacking it to the characters like everyone else.

>all generations
>no gen VI or VII via citra
idk if dumb or based

anyway, I made a similar folder couple of months ago so my bf can play the games after we played Let's Go together, I picked Emerald, Heart Gold, Platinum, White 2, X, Omega Ruby and Ultra Sun.

The remakes are worth playing outside of ORAS, and you can honestly skip White 1.

Did they ever do an emerald remake like they did with R&S

No, third versions never get remade because the remakes should already have the improvements the third versions brought to the table.

Attached: file.png (978x648, 1.36M)

Yeah, the remakes of the games are great. If you want to do it by the best version of each generation I'd do
Firered/leafgreen->heartgold/soulsilver->emerald->platinum->black/white->black2/white2
Don't bother with the 3ds games, emerald is far better than ORAS anyway

>should
This is also why Emerald is recommended over ORAS, because ORAS are a big step down.

Everything after Black and White 2 was a mistake

You'll miss some QoL improvements doing this though, if you want them to just get progressively better do
Firered/leafgreen->emerald->platinum->hgss->black/white->black2/white2

what am i looking at? never played the originals nor the remakes. is this cut content that was included in the originals but didn't make the cut in the remake?

>marathoning pokemon games
it's like you want to commit suicide

I really enjoyed X/Y and thought the characters/story of Sun/Moon were enjoyable enough to justify the experience, but I understand why a lot of other people would pass up S/M.

The best post game in any Pokemon game was cut completely. Gamefreak said it was because kids have less attention span nowadays with mobile gaming

Emerald had added content called the battle frontier which is 7 different battle facilities with different gimmicks, like one where battles are only three rounds each and decided by judges if there's no KO, a standard bracket tournament, a dungeon crawler, etc

this content wasn't brought over in the remake and instead copy-pasted the battle masion from pokemon XY, which is just normal battling

go for heart gold or soul silver they're regarded as the best games in the series
i'd also consider playing GAIA. It's a rom hack of fire red with a brand new story and all the pokémon up to gen 6 with megas and great sprites.

One of the coolest things in Emerald was a huge post-game area called the Battle Frontier that hosted a handful of very challenging arenas, each with very different and unique gimmicks attached to them, from the standard battle tower format, to a format where you only use rental pokemon and can draft new pokemon between rounds, to a format that's more like a dungeon crawler to manage resources and reach the top of a pyramid.
In ORAS it was one of the most anticipated features, but they only included the island it's supposed to be on, with that little model tower and a sign saying the battle frontier is being constructed, which was just a massive slap in the face to the fans.

this is it. Tho, I would download Citra and play X/Y and Su/Mo as well if your going to play through them all.

The worst part about this is they couldn't even be bothered to at least model the tower and just port the maison content to it, they literally just copy pasted the battle maison entirely

Back in the day, when postgame content was made specifically NOT for every player to experience.