Spend days going down a deep dungeon

>spend days going down a deep dungeon
>kill the final boss
>a hidden tunnel opens up that leads directly to the surface, skipping the entire dungeon altogether

Ain't that some bullshit

Attached: map.png (1893x1443, 96K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eU2Or5rCN_Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You still had to kill all those metroids tho

Had you found that passage when you first arrived, and taken it, would you have been able to beat the final boss?

How's not having to backtrack the entire game just to reach your ship bad? It makes the boss battle more connected to the actual ending without 15 minutes of anticlimactic walking around. The planet couldn't destroy itself anyway because it appears in Fusion so no self-destruction timer.

Yes because i'm not a fucking casual. Players who can't have a ton of areas they can go gather to make it easier and practice their skills on if they need to git gud first.

>jeopardizing the entire mission because you want a better challenge

Your mission isn't to kill the final boss, it's to KILL ALL METROIDS.

But you play as Metroid.

This isn't about Metroid 2 in particular, but every game that features a shortcut from beginning to the end of the dungeon. Feels pretty cheap, especially when there's a self destruct timer and you can just take the easy way out.

what game is that

Etrian Odyssey II

Secret path can only be taken by Metroids

Not him, but ideally a map would have a bunch of minor shortcuts that make traversing the individual areas much faster. Dark Souls has some good examples of this, as does Symphony of the Night and Bloodstained, and probably dozens of other games.
Other than that, you could just have final boss take place where the game actually ends, removing the need to backtrack entirely. I can easily understand why it would feel frustrating to have what was a hard and arduous trek be reduced to a 30-second elevator ride just out of convenience.

Fuck you, you stupid bitch. What game is it really?

Halo 3

AM2R

I think it's Bloodstained. I don't play metroidvaniashit.

AM2R you idiot

What about blight town in dark souls? There´s a fast way out near the boss and if you had the key you coud´ve taken that way to get in too. Though I suppose the long way there can´t be taken to get back so the shortcut kind of turns into the only way out

It's the employee exit. The minions don't give you crap for using it because, well, you just killed the guy who signs their paychecks. They're too busy stealing as many office supplies as they can before the place explodes.

>If you have the key you can take the back entrance

I fucking love this shit.

I actually had the key but somehow failed to notice the back entrance when I used it.

Why wouldn't the boss have an escape route?

>Though I suppose the long way there can´t be taken to get back so the shortcut kind of turns into the only way out
It absolutely can, and I think I did just that on my first playthrough because I was blind as a bat and had similar mental capacity.

>You idiot. Why don't you know about this fangame that Nintendo C&Dd out of jealousy like two years ago?

I'm pretty sure you can take the long way back through blight Town, it's just fucking hellish.

That's actually this trope being done right, you have two viable entrances if you pick the right thing.

You can get it pretty easy on vita. Its fun

meant for

Yeah but you do miss out on some pretty sweet items.

Really? Was sure there were some jumps with no way back up in some places

Skyrim is one of the biggest offenders.
Almost every fucking dungeon has a back exit that only opens after you complete the fucking thing. Even buildings have the "this door is barred from the other side" so you can't just sequence break through them.

You don't actually need the Master Key to use the back entrance to Blighttown. The Master Key lets you skip a good portion by opening the gate from New Londo to the Valley of Drakes, which is just a bridge away from that entrance, but you can easily get there by taking the path through Darkroot Basin from Andre's workshop to reach the Valley of Drakes, then it's just a short hike to the entrance.

Oh right that is what I did but I forgot
Would explain how I missed the giant hole in the wall.

Better than fucking AssholeVania where you get a powerup and have to spend fucking just as long getting out of the area as you came in. (e.g., form of bat, or double jump)
like they could just have designed the map in SotN to have a close easy way out that just needs that power up (a shaft that opens that you fly up with bat form, for example)

Oh, is this a Skyrim thread?

youtube.com/watch?v=eU2Or5rCN_Y

I side with the user who pointed out they do the opposite in some games like SotN and it's really annoying and doesn't add much to the game.

What OP was talking about always makes me think of this scene. You're a good man user.

Attached: 1558388266488.gif (512x384, 1.1M)

(you)