EDF

You're doing your part to fight off the french, right Yea Forums?

Also Wing Diver is a slut

Attached: 1562866234425.jpg (705x1000, 164K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TfMSSGydndQ
youtu.be/4PqDNhIXw-Q
youtu.be/H4Hpqf2MfGo
youtube.com/watch?&v=4PqDNhIXw-Q
youtube.com/watch?v=cRmES6IJk_o
youtube.com/watch?v=fSI7N0mAseY
youtube.com/watch?v=PKjJ4z_KO-E
youtube.com/watch?v=GhgUfX-g3Ag
youtube.com/watch?v=vnnhZ8BD0u4
youtube.com/watch?v=EmquHWLfjRU
youtube.com/watch?v=qqJNf2l9Xz0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Wish there were more base missions

Attached: EDF5_2019_07_14_21_33_53_366.jpg (1920x1080, 1003K)

Shut up, faggot.

Post webms and memes

>firing heavy mortars
>red drone flies in your face while shooting
>blow yourself up
fuck them, they aren't a problem besides shit like that

no way fag

Attached: 1516152545751.png (1324x929, 1.94M)

first, learn what spamming means
second, new releases aren't held to the same rules as old

Why is Iron Rain supposed to be bad?

>waah stop taking space for my twitter screencap smash and mmo threads!!!!!!

Attached: 1563182170201.jpg (640x955, 300K)

Starting a hard lobby and starting on mission 40.
name: vee
password: rage

Generals are where games go to die
go bitch in the Risk of Rain thread

>we want the western audience

>Wing Diver is a slut
They actually have lines about how pissed they are that they have to wear those uniforms because everyone looks down on them for it lmao

>Two threads a day about a brand new extremely niche release that'll die in a week when everyone forgets

snoyfag mad his games are only relevant when it gets a pc release

edf5 has much better gameplay than 4.1 but some things just arent the same

Attached: Untittled.jpg (754x318, 78K)

What EDF is supposed to be good? They are all fun but technically speaking they are jank games. Only Insect Armageddon is trash on all fronts.

A civilian was able to fly and shoot in an outdated non-combat flightgear with a full body suit. They only have themselves to blame.

There are always seething retards here who hate when people talk about videogames.

If it's any consolation the song was worse in Japanese too. It's just not an iconic tune like the first.

apparently Iron Rain is so jank garbage that its worse than Insect Armageddon

So are all females in the EDF wing divers?

Yeah the old chants were better, I think D3 Publisher working on the localization themselves might've made the dialogue too much literal from the Japanese script, no more Aksys and XSeed in-between.

Some Fencers are also female.

5 is my first game, what was the old song?

Yes, like a good and proper society the roles are gender assigned, bless Japan.

m-mommy

Attached: 1561911201092.gif (404x347, 1003K)

youtube.com/watch?v=TfMSSGydndQ

EDF5 is a good game, though. There's a lot of depth in learning how to fight against the aliens at harder difficulties with a wide variety of weapons in four classes while using terrain, buildings, and to your advantage. Bugs, performance issues in some of the larger set piece stages, and generic graphics don't bring the experience away from good if you are looking for what it offers.

Iron Rain really was bad. There were so, so many things wrong with it. Every time I start listing a couple as the 'worst offenders' I can't help but think of a dozen more things. If I HAD to suffer just naming one, it would be the collision models on every living entity in the game - they were un-rotating, huge blocks that forced every single encounter with an enemy at close range to feel atrocious and made dead bodies totally un-navigable. Also meant clear misses from enemy projectiles hit you anyway, almost invariably knocking you down, opening you up for more hits, etc etc, see? I'm doing it again. A damned deluge of disastrous design decisions.

>To save our mother Earth from any alien attack
>From vicious giant insects who have once again come back
>We'll unleash all our forces, we won't cut them any slack
>The EDF deploys!
That's the early missions chant in EDF 4, as the game goes the chant evolves according to the situation they are facing.

Any pirate wanting to play a bit with fellow anons?

More reasons than can be easily conveyed in a Yea Forums post character limit
Primarily:
- VASTLY reduced number of weapons
- Almost all the weapons feel samey and boring
- Air Raider literally does not exist
- Items (healing, grenades, revives) cost money to use
- Vehicles cost money to use and you only get a VERY limited number of them per battle
- Pitifully small enemy count in missions, downgraded to downright laughable when compared with the absurd size of EDF5's mobs; there are seriously about 20 enemies per mission in Iron Rain
- Customization costs money and still isn't actually that good
- Weapons are shared between classes, making them feel generic and boring - no cool Wing Diver brain weapons or Fencer ICBMs here, sorry
- The game is fucking ugly despite the 'better' graphics, every building in the desert area for example is a dull gray block with square holes poked out of it for windows
- The game isn't 'dark' or 'gritty' at all, it was just marketing BS used to excuse the dev's inability to code large-scale battles: Your AI teammates will quip and make 'hilarious' jokes literally constantly, there's even an EDF j-pop radio personality
- The AI is terrible and useless and will do things like shoot the pylons that kill anything near them if you shoot them, then blame YOU for shooting them
- You have to fight other humans at several points and it feels as shitty and unfun as that garbage idea sounds in an EDF game

Etcetera, etcetera

Basically half the reasons that game is shit is because the devs who made that game are the guys who made fucking Rumble Roses and that's not the people you hire to make a large-scale insect exploding army men game
They had no idea what they were doing and covered for it by marketing the game as 'gritty' (that's why you can't call in airstrikes, not because we couldn't code them!') and 'serious' (we can't write tongue-in-cheek dialogue that actually works, have cliche anime stereotypes instead)

>First time playing this series
>beat mission 100
>101
>this will be easy
>mfw green ants

I did NOT expect that kind of surprise holy shit

Official pairings are in, boys:
Ranger x FemFencer
Air Raider x Wing Diver

Same thing happens in 5, I actually really like their attention to detail with changing even the generic lines to better suit the situation in x mission, gradually turning into a depressing mess like everything else. The whole end section of EDF 5 gets really dark, much darker than 4.1.

Oh yeah, and don't forget how literally every fucking thing in that game knocks you over or staggers you, from an attack landing on you to a Hector stand-in taking a step near you, removing all control of your character for like a solid 3 seconds

Iron Rain sucks fucking balls and it needs to be forgotten, the only halfway passable idea in it is Prowl Rider and even he's basically just Wing Diver but with grappling hooks and a sword instead of a jetpack and lasers

Are they? I've never seen one, the only non-standard Fencer I remember is the fucking inexplicably scottish one who wants to go monster slaying in that one mission towards the end

>- You have to fight other humans at several points and it feels as shitty and unfun as that garbage idea sounds in an EDF game
What the fuck? Whoever thought that was a good idea in planning phase should be fired from the team. That literally misses the point of the games and turns it into a generic 3rd person shoot

Okay, get this:
AI companions collecting armor and weapon crates while following you.

Where did you get that? All fencers are male, unless you mistook some voice line from a Wing Diver as coming from a Fencer, or your game bugged up hard in making a Wing Diver voice clip coming out of a Fencer.

But you fight humans in EDF 5 also. Humanoid aliens, but still.

is he the guy with the red fencer bragging how he killed 7 drones haha?

That sure would make collecting crates as a Ranger much less of a drag.

>Humanoid aliens
user...

they look JUST like humans

They look just like us, I can't do it

>large health pickups are actually lunchboxes

Attached: 41199804_p1.jpg (700x475, 264K)

>drag
just use bike bro
youtu.be/4PqDNhIXw-Q

Yeah but I was talking about how the EDF4 chants had a better flow and rhyme to them.

I don't even use lunch boxes, but i would buy a health pick up bento box. swag as fuck

What weapon should I bring as a ranger other than Rifles/Shotguns?
Missile launcers do fuck all, rockets are pretty weak too, so that leaves me with either sniper rifles or grenade launchers depending if I'm fighting flyers/bipedal aliens or hordes
Unless I'm missing some weapon variant that is actually good

The Kindred Rebellion fight you in giant stompy walker mechs that are like shitty knockoff vegaltas, they also take forever to do their preset dying animation so you empty another half a clip into them half the time before you realise they're dead
Also, when they appear or disappear from the mission according to the storyline, they literally just spawn in/despawn visibly in front of you, it's fucking pathetic

In multiplayer you don't have any AI companions with you but they still talk and appear in cutscenes
Yes, the game has actual cutscenes, not just 'oh shit a giant monster is over here look at this shit for a second' like in 5
This (like most things in Iron Rain) becomes annoying because your AI teammates do things in those cutscenes that fuck you over, like rushing an enemy position and alerting them to your presence because Kindred Rebellion Bad so now you have to fight everybody

It's like that other guy said, you can't just list ONE thing with that pile of shit game, it's EVERYTHING
Literally EVERY DECISION IN THAT GAME was fucking wrong and bad and it makes me want to fuckin die because my friend bought it despite me telling him not to and then convinced all my OTHER friends who had never played EDF to buy it too and now they all hate EDF because they think every game is like Iron Rain
I had one of them ask me 'so when do we unlock that dude who calls in like the giant robots and shit' and I had to explain to him that the answer was 'fucking NEVER' and none of them have given a shit about the series since
Iron Rain actively harmed EDF as a franchise

Might be a different guy but he is one of the red Fencers iirc, yeah

>We will call her Mother Monster
Holy shit how they come up with such elegant and creative names?

when do you usually get the bike?

Rhyming regroup with group will never not irk me

It's all situational
Sniper rifles are good for picking off high-value targets like artillery frogs or hitscan laser cosmonauts from far away, grenades/grenade launchers are good against packs of enemies, C4 is good for a few goofy meme strats using the bike, even reversers are situationally handy for keeping allied soldiers/vehicles alive in a pinch

Is EDF5 a prequel or something? Why are they reacting to the Aliens as if it was the first time it happened? EDF4 recognized the events of the previous games.

How do I choose only 8 chat wheel options when they're all so good?

It's the start of a new continuity.

Alternate universe.

I think the localization went too literal with the Japanese script this time around, at least that's what I presume.

they're scientists

Yup, I already know how to use snipers and grenade launchers, I'm just wondering if there's anything else worth trying.
I also use a 16 ammo missile launcher for the long legged drones since it wrecks 1 and a half of their legs in one volley

>mfw the discount will be over before I get my neetbucks
>all my friends playing are slightly less poorfags
[EXTREME EARTH SHATTERING SCREAM]

Attached: 1540446303597.jpg (600x598, 25K)

No it didn't.
EDF4.1 is a sequel to 2017, it's also the only time there's been a direct sequel. None of the other games happened in 4's timeline, only 2017. That's why they say 'this is party number 2' and not 'this is party number 4.1: the shadow of new despair'
5 is a new timeline and this is the first time the aliens have invaded Earth, which is actually the standard for EDF.

Really? Then why the EDF exists at all from the get go in EDF5? The EDF was exactly formed because all governments allied themselves to make one force against the aliens.

how do* they
It was localised by chings. Pay attention in the localiser credits, not a single native name in there. Which is unbelievable, considering a lot of things but especially considering they got native English speaking VAs to voice it, and none of them must have said a thing about the grammatical errors.

They're basically indistinguishable!

They did, there's a couple of things like that in there
To be fair to them it's also probably to differentiate them from Death Queens, since that was kind of a confusing point in the last game.

Finish the game.

>Then why DOES the EDF EXIST at all from the get go in EDF5?
please

so when are we getting an EDF game that is basically parallel universe crossing with hectors and frogs and ufos and mechs and aliens and shit?

EDF6
They also did an April Fool's of EDF6 being set on the moon, and I bet it's because they're actually thinking of doing that or further.

Can't they all chip in for a copy to gift you?

Why parallel universe? Half the fun of the cheesy alien invasion are flying saucers descending from the sky.

There's this one based on EDF2017's smol health pack. It's more like a covered bowl instead of a bento box though.

that's what you get for not managing your finances properly

D3 Publisher cutting the american companies from localizations sure had its side effects. Games come out faster after the Japanese release now but odd English scripts and lack of physical releases are the payoff.

>when you forgot to post your pic like a retard

Attached: 43441380_p0.jpg (576x432, 231K)

youtu.be/H4Hpqf2MfGo

Release when

>NO PETS ALLOWED

It's a promo for Japanese Starship Troopers tv series I think.

I wish they'd go back to it. I feel like EDF 5 still had the soul intact, but the all-too-frequent ESL shit was really grating.

Just got this, how decent is it?

Attached: 1007040_20190715094649_1.png (1920x1080, 1.28M)

Mission 90 is ass and tripods suck.
Also why do people get so autistically upset when someone suggests moving these threads to /vg/?
Having a static general sounds comfy.

Attached: 1557357653720.jpg (500x559, 45K)

>0 damage stars
oof, my family man, onto the reject pile with it

well doesn't have to be parallel universe, but more 'all these different kinds of aliens invading at once' , with a bonus of early missions if they both spawn in the same mission they will attack each other, but in later missions they work together to buttfuck you over.

its the best youll have until you get the eagle G1
it really isnt very good though

He called it spamming, even though the anons were waiting until past the bump limit with the thread on page 10 before making a new thread.

Plus /vg/ has a different user base and half the anons in this 30 unique IP thread probably wouldn't be there. The /vg/ split was an awful idea, to be honest.

Into the trash until the damage is upgraded

one of mission pack DLC will have some great one

You forgot constant knock downs, online beign terrible, half of classes are useless and that money grind is millions times worse than it seems
I think we'll still miss few

>1 shot every 5 seconds

>0.21 ROF
Don't bother, but I'd rather use a sniper with lower damage but more DPS than big damage with shit DPS

>Having a static general sounds comfy.
No it doesn't, generals can morph into the most autistic concentration camps ever conceived.

>This (like most things in Iron Rain) becomes annoying because your AI teammates do things in those cutscenes that fuck you over, like rushing an enemy position and alerting them to your presence because Kindred Rebellion Bad so now you have to fight everybody
You also teleport to other place right after cutscene where you wasn't before.
>Literally EVERY DECISION IN THAT GAME
Read weapon flavour text when you'll get a chance, it's beautiful.
Also SN Apocalypse was a good gun.
But yeah, that's about it.

Okay, what the fuck is the point of armor
I swear, it doesn't do jackshit

If I get hit even with maxed out armor I still take damage to my health bar

Attached: 1562887415356.jpg (353x357, 40K)

Attached: 1544627250404.webm (853x480, 2.51M)

This. Every general will eventually morph into the shitposting dumpster of some discord, and I don't think mods care to moderate it.

when should I jump to hard difficulty?
I've been playing on normal up until about mission 40 and I'm having trouble finding more rooms

Posts like these should remind us all that the average EDF soldier is actually fairly intelligent.

Armor is health niggy

>ROF 0.21/sec
>Reload time 4.0 sec
When this happens, does reloading after every shot actually make it shoot faster?

You should play on Hard from the start to the end in this one.

>when should I jump to hard difficulty?
I played the dozen or so missions on normal, jumped over to hard, and never looked back. Glad I did, because I honestly was thinking the game might be too brain dead.

when you stop being a wuss

Is everyone on Yea Forums brain damaged

Attached: 15541626574480.jpg (570x487, 64K)

>it took EDF PC release to reveal that Yea Forums is dumber than regular EDF trooper
I find that hilarious.

read the tank description, they are PMC used to fight terrorists around the globe

Have you seen how many people can't figure out what weapon levels and stars mean? This place is crammed to the brim with idiots.

The canon in some EDF games are that in the beginning you are just the Japanese military, the JSDF, before the world unites and the EDF is formed, in EDF5 the EDF existing as a PMC before is a new lore.

1 slot open in the lobby currently on mission 45.

pirate?

>brainless shooter
>PS2 graphics

This is just borderlands or L4D with bugs. Brainlet game

Buyfag.

>Joined a JP lobby because it was the only open lobby doing the mission I wanted to do
>Should be OK, JPs normally autisticly know what they're doing
>The Air raider is using Mortar, Laser Guide Kit and SGs
>Leave on mission 11 because I don't want to carry such a person through all the spiders

I'd throw up a lobby but I have problems when I host games

Yea Forums is dead :(

Not to ignite console wars, but I don't think it was the case with PS4 release.

Wait what happened?

I could have sworn I seen a webm last year where instead of the frogs, it was giant rangers with big heads. I'm not crazy, right?

He reflected the plasma back to the hector. Pretty sure you can do this with the plasma cannon frogs in 5 too.

>yeah bro, they're just a PMC, with gigantic bases all around the world, including an underground one full of giant missiles, a park full of bikes, tanks, planes, mechas and other vehicules, have a squadron of men with giant armors and women with energy jetpack and a satellite with a huge death ray
>but really all they do is fight terrorists and stuff

What the fuck is wrong with the world of EDF.

Ah, ok. I thought he somehow did that with the Jackhammer.

He reflected the blast, but the game couldn't follow the animation from the robot firing the blast completely from that distance, so it looked like he deflected before the energy blast barely leaving the cannon.

Terrorists in EDF must be fucking crazy, lots of them are willing to believe that the ants were sent by terrorists at the start.

Shield reflection is still a thing, yesterday I reflected a shotgun frogs shot back at him and blew his arm off
Reflecting is not as good in 5 as it was in 4.1, they do reduced damage
BUT you can still reflect all of a #MotherMonsters acid all everywhere, its really REALLY good defensively

>What the fuck is wrong with the world of EDF.
More like what is right with EDF worlds

EDF 2017 has phrase about Walking Fortress X3 failing to attack mothership, then I read that in 4.1 Balam is MINITUARIZED version of Walking Fortress X3.
So to get it straight, they build huge ass robot to PUNCH THE FUCK OUT OF MOTHERSHIP in 2017.
God bless EDF

>mission 100
>camera shake on

Attached: 1477629203148.jpg (495x600, 63K)

Lysander is bad in this one because it was absurdly powerful in 4 and there was a cheese strat involving equipping two of them and switching between them rapidly to avoid the blowback and shit out damage

Use the burst-fire line or the Eagle, they do a lot more effective damage in the same timeframe

Overly aggressive nations are terrorists too.

What if EDF is the military junta, ruling the world with an iron fist and omnipresent propaganda?

During the mission where railguns are first deployed there's this line

>if there's no alien invasion, will this be used on us?

F i n i s h T h e G a m e
i
n
i
s
h

T
h
e

G
a
m
e

Eagles have some of the best range for a sniper too.

>never bother with plasma weapons cause they all suck you dry
>bored
>try upgraded grit gun
HOLY SHIT

whats your weaponfu?

Attached: 256-2567674_copy-link-angry-bowsette-noises-hd-png-download.jpg (840x577, 213K)

It's really good against drones because it does solid damage and is also basically hitscan, yeah
Good gun all around really, even if there's probably more specialized guns that are better

I have a legit room started.

Room name: "Enter Room Name"
Passcode: "passcode"

Hard. Mission 21.

laser guide kit air raiders are the most useful

Giant sea creatures when?

Attached: 15507316830970.jpg (640x480, 109K)

So I wasn't sure about getting 5, but then I saw ranger can equip vehicles now. What kind of stuff does he get? Anything fun?

Ranger was always the class that clicked most for me, but I always felt something was missing.

maybe if someone actually bought a lock on weapon

MASSIVE PRAWNS SCHTU

Giant enemy crabs?

Free bike. The only vehicle you'll ever need.

Tanks, bikes, helicopters I think.

It takes the slot of a boost, which can be stuff like increased run speed, pickup radius, etc.

Railguns, the tank with a satellite dish sticking out in the front, helis and bikes.

He also gets claymores and remote bombs too.

40 missions ago.

Everything you listed there is completely 100% viable Air Raider equipment
Mortars are even the higher skill option compared to air raids because they come out slower so you have to predict the enemy's future position instead of just getting a near-instantaneous airstrike

He gets several of the most fun vehicles in the game
Aside from the generic Blacker tanks and the Eros/Nereid helicopters, he also gets the railgun now, along with the EMC (gigantic two-story laser cannon tank) and the fucking bike which is actually ABSURDLY good in this game
youtube.com/watch?&v=4PqDNhIXw-Q
Ranger vehicles are really good

And I think I'm sold. I mostly play solo, so Air Raider was just more frustrating than fun, but I really like vehicles.

Oh fuck
>NPCs singing how there's no one left to wait for them home.

Ranger gets bikes, which handle a hell of a lot better than 4.1 but don't have a sidecar anymore.
Some standard tanks.
Railguns, but they're weaker compared to 4.1
EMC, which is a giant death ray on treads.
Helicopters, but beyond level 1 he only gets nereids and brutes.

well i don’t see you with one so who’s fault is that!

I can't find a single thing about it. I thought it was a fencer on the map you first see the frogs, but they were giant rangers with big heads. It makes the dialogue make a lot more sense, but I can't find a single thing on it. Not one single thing. Someone tell me this was actually a thing.

pirate Yea Forums lobby?

Air raider is actually viable solo now. His gunship strikes no longer cost points and can be spammed.

Some other user was asking about it. Maybe one of you should make one unless youre the same user.

What does the first thing mean?

Attached: EDF5_2019_07_15_17_31_16_353.jpg (1920x1080, 877K)

>Ants, Spiders, Bees
>GIANT MONSTERS!!!

>Alien Frogs
>THEY LOOK JUST LIKE HUMANS!!!

Do they not have bugs and frogs in the EDF5 world?

English motherfucker
Do you speak it?

>mfw I'm too self-conscious to make a lobby and afraid to suck

Attached: 1554184150062.png (485x801, 438K)

4.1 brute Force on inferno with 4 people online requires more tactics than all 4x games put together

Air Raider's also massively improved in this one, all of your Whale strikes/some orbital lasers and cruise missiles are essentially free and reload without requiring kill credit, turrets reload without you having to have the toolbox equipped, you can manually choose the position and direction of airstrikes on an overhead map, he got a lot of quality of life changes
Everyone's improved pretty dramatically in 5, I think you'll probably enjoy Ranger's new shit a lot

Fencer equipment is super fucking heavy so it actually takes you a while to get up to top speed when running, and also takes a while for you to slow down and stop again after you let go of the button
That reduces the time it takes for both those things to happen by 25%

Is 5 worth full price or should I wait for a sale?

True EDF soldiers don't care if their comrades aren't that good
We all stand together

So the speed reduction is completely unimportant since you can just dash everywhere?

It's literally on sale right now. 20% off as a launch celebration.

It applies to your inertia from dashing as well, but it's not that important, no

Two main weapons of an EDF soldier are guts and bravery. You seem to be lacking both.

>start co-op with friend on hard
>first mission is a beach with a billion red ants

YEAH

Nobody reads manuals anymore. Even though it's digital, I still took a look through it.

>join a JP lobby
>he's a ranger
>I'm a ranger
>two more japs join
>both go ranger
>become an unstoppable four-man deathmarch that never ever lets up with voiceline banter
>somehow manage to coordinate on the fly as well
>blow through mission 37 all the way up into the 80s without a single failure
>it's time for Barga vs Gamera
>they let me pilot the mech
>cheers when I knock the fucker down, screams whenever I fall over.

Shame I was too tired to continue much longer. Whoever those japs were gave me the best fucking time I had with EDF. Ranger rooms are the best.

>51
>Small group of guys doing a night raid on some transport ships
>Huge monster that not even a bunch of tanks with air support could even scratch shows up
>"Shoot at it, don't let it leave unscathed"
Is he trying to get us killed?

Spot open in this lobby still on mission 48 now.

Piratefags what level are you on? Might make a lobby.

Thats what the trailers hint at

>THATS THE POWER OF PHOBOS

Does it feel like the campaign lost steam half way through?
the assault on the ground base and the open plains battle were great, the first Barga mission after liberating 228 was also good. after that it's a bunch of small ops that feel pretty meh

Attached: vRKLkhP.jpg (671x960, 79K)

i've never played any EDF but given how 5 is on steam i'm probably gonna buy
one question though, is the dlc necesary at all? or is the base game good enough?

Attached: lootBox.jpg (350x280, 36K)

It's on sale, 20% off plus subscriber discount if you're a Humble Monthly subscriber and buy on the HB store
I could pick it up for £29

Attached: 1541287552562.png (720x480, 363K)

He actually does leave if you hurt him enough
He also gets staggered whenever he takes a certain amount of damage, which instantly interrupts any attacks he may be doing or about to do
Unloading onto Arkelus/Erginus until they get pissed off and leave is actually 100% the safest thing to do in those missions

DLC's joke shit and the extra missions aren't out yet, just get the base game.

Attached: 1555444085587.png (1402x1052, 2.68M)

>doing mission 41 offline
>doing normal because i'm a sissy
>using an EMC for a laugh
>actually get to summon 2 of them, essentially waste the first on killing trash enemies
>use the second on the weak spot core, it doesn't die
>going oh shit, swarmed by enemies
>barely manage to survive after a good helping of luck
>snoot the core once and it fucking explodes
I felt so trolled, it should've died to the EMC for good measure.

The only dlc worth getting are not released yet and the first mission pack is out in about 2 weeks

If it's like 4, disregard everything but mission packs. The rest are immediately obsolete memeweapons and vehicles

You'd have a better time just walking closer and shooting them with an assault rifle or trying your luck with rockets.

all current DLC are useless weapons which become obsolete after 10 stages or so.
Mission Packs are good, (only one will be released in a week) but even without them you'll get hundreds of hours. Mission Packs is for time when you will want to fill miserable and toyed by developers

>set up an AFK farming setup on mission 40
>alt tabbed getting that armor while I work
feels good

thank you for the asnwers, base game it is

Attached: FUN.jpg (579x426, 33K)

The DLC is just very early game stuff and outright meme shit, it's safe to ignore. The mission packs are coming later and those are essentially ultra hard missions with ridiculous scenarios intended for extreme post-endgame challenges, it's not for everyone for obvious reasons.

It's kind of a running joke that all EDF DLC except possibly for the (optional, super-hard) mission DLCs is joke DLC which is intentionally bad and useless on anything above Easy mode
Do you need things like a bike covered in pictures of anime girls and with a ridiculous borderline suicidal laser-sword on the front of it to enjoy the game? If so, buy the DLC
If not, you're fine

Attached: 20190713152243_1.jpg (1920x1080, 586K)

>it's also the only time there's been a direct sequel
Incorrect. EDF 2 (GDF) is the sequel to EDF 1 (Monsters Attack!).

I stand corrected
Still, the timeline being reset is not a new occurrence

Didn't the 4.1 weeb decoys actually have extreme range that made them situationally useful for weird cheesing shenanigans?

Is dash jumping while strafing faster than doing it while going forward as a fencer? It seems like it is, but I don't know if it just looks like it is because of the POV

Yeah, they're actually decent in 5 too
You're probably not going to get much mileage out of them on anything above Hard but they are still ranged instead of placeables so they're actually kind of useful
Still not really anything you need to give a shit about paying money for, though

>the fucking bike which is actually ABSURDLY good in this game
Maybe I'd believe you if you could aim up

Objectively 5 ends on a better note than 4.

Why do you need to aim up

Yeah the middle bit is definitely meh. The last bits are too hectic to care about how humanity is on its last legs.

lysander is absolute garbage in this game, they nerfed it to the ground after how good it was in 4.1

BEAM!

youtube.com/watch?v=cRmES6IJk_o

AREN'T YOU JUST A CIVILIAN?

How do I kill big monsters as a wing raider?
I've been using the sniper laser for a while but it's been ages since I stopped finding upgrades and I thinmk it is lagging behind

>4.1 brute Force
>not the 2nd to last mission with all the dropships in a circle
figuring out the perfect strat for that mission was some of the most fun ive ever had in a game

>fags who play in an open room and kick anyone that joins
can somebody explain this
what is the negative to having more people in your game, and why can't you just set a password?

Attached: 1535711624320.jpg (500x276, 43K)

wish they got more art. stronk armored gf a best

Attached: tab131.jpg (800x600, 57K)

>Mission 22 online
Something about this mission makes people go full retard. Only mission thus far I had to solo on easy so I can just skip it.

Attached: I hate you with all my hate.jpg (640x480, 43K)

To hit the enemies that are all above the bike guns line of sight

Lances

Rapier from point blank

I only guess when that happens is they are holding the room open for someone.

>You can summon tanks in bases
>But not in caves.

Attached: 1410889968563.gif (198x200, 1.2M)

they probably look at your armor and weapon setup, laugh their asses off and kick you out

OHOHOHOHOHOHO

I was at the max allowed for the mission last time it happened so that's not it

What's the matter, too deep for you?

>can summon tanks in the base we keep the tanks but not random ant cave

One time a soldier says: "If we weren't using these weapons on the aliens, would we be using them on people?"

answer: theyre retarded and you're better off joining another room anyways

Like what
Flying enemies sure but you can just get off the bike for that since they die to a stiff breeze
And since you have the bike you can do that safely from 50 miles away because you go faster than they do

I get kicked because they think I've hacked my armor or something. That's fine, because there was a 100% chance I would have to rez 2+ of them within a minute.

Nah fags, I just farmed offline and have played for 70 hours since release.

Eat my dick, you casuals.

then they are probably retards who don't know how to change room setting
just look at these threads. People don't get armor, stars, equipment description, literally everything. They are fucking retarded.

>Some Fencers are also female.

I am going to need a source on that.

Ants
Spiders
Frogs
Pretty much everything

TWO ARMS, TWO LEGS, TWO EYES...
THEY'RE JUST LIKE US!

Lance, stardust cannon, the occasional super plasma cannon.

>hitting a frog dead center with a shot from the BIG plasma cannon

Attached: 1449479862323.gif (312x322, 208K)

Don't want to open my game right now, which one is that one again?

All three of those things are ground-based enemies that are incredibly easy to kill with the bike tho
Frogs can't even cling to walls like the insects can which I would cede as a potentially reasonable point for the other two, so what are you even talking about

It's really worth it flying pointblank to a queen ants and kaijus to get 1 or 2 shots before having to flee to replenish all my energy?

Frogs and Ayyys are a different story

I can't even recall that one so it can't be that bad. I have learned however that the concept of aggro is unfamiliar to everyone except for the people that beat the main game on hard already for some reason.

>Some dude actually buys idolshit DLC.
>Destroy his shit the moment I see it.

Attached: 383956935728757347.jpg (1920x1080, 177K)

the menu themes are bangers and underrated

>that popping+SPLOOSH sfx

Attached: 1559752031830.jpg (474x335, 25K)

I'll play with you, I've just started the game

which one do I start with. Never played EDF but looks fun.

kaijus yes cause it's piss easy to evade their attacks.
queen ants usually better anything with range, just get high dps whatever, preferrably with energy tank

start with edf 5. you really don't need to play the older ones.

Is there some conf file where I can lower the graphics? I already lowered everything in the game menu, but there is only like three settings you can mess with and I already lowered them.

I have a 7th gen i7 and a gyx1080, and I’m just looking to get high frame rate over fancy effects since the effects aren’t that nice anyways.

You can absolutely dodge a queen even when in front of it. Remember that the non dragoon lances barely cost any energy so you never even have to replenish yet they still do plenty of damage up close.

>everyone talk about how great the free bike is
>meanwhile I can't even figure out how to steer the thing without going completely sideways and crashing
>ramming into the slightest obstacle like a light pole will instantly blow up the bike

Attached: 1456641730183.jpg (236x236, 21K)

>big
You mean heavy, right?

Cute bowsette

a 1080 can almost run EDF 5 on 4k, what's the problem?

>Sniping the frog legs while they are moving.
>Causally walk up to them with my shotgun.

Attached: 1470880721659.gif (500x385, 496K)

Mission 47 is underrated

>round up survivors while sneaking around ayys in armor
>all while this is playing youtube.com/watch?v=fSI7N0mAseY

>non dragoon lances barely cost any energy
true
> yet they still do plenty of damage up close.
Not mine, maybe I've gotten unlucky with its new tier or something but mine is pretty terrible

5 is a reboot and is literally the last game mechanically but with a fuckton of quality of life improvements
Go back and play 4.1 later if you decide you really love the series and want more, it's on permanent super-sale now to celebrate the release of 5 anyway

You'll figure it out, don't forget that the mouse actually affects where you're leaning your weight on the bike though, that's a thing I think a lot of people missed

>knock frog on his ass
>think he's dead
>he instantly gets up and blasts the shit out of you

motherfucker

Most the game runs fine and smooth, but there are parts like the mobile walking fortress where the frame rate hits the shitter
Also
>anything at 4k being smooth
Maybe compared to console performance

Grey Ayy encounter music is underrated. It means you are in some serious shot that can quickly wreck you.

I think there's some fuckery with gsync or something. Sometimes I get slightly lower framerates (45 ish) for no reason. Minimizing the game then restoring it makes it run properly again.

Also I had this problem with FH4 too so it's something on my end.

>everyone says how hard they are
>with my friend so missions seem harder vs offline solo
>still obliterate the stupid armored fucks in seconds with an upgraded dual spear
you guys hyped them up

Who here team killed his entire squad because they referred to the giant Hornets as "bird like" creatures? I did.

It's probably hard because you have shitters who aggro 5 of them at the start or something.

Those ones are NOT the difficult ones
The difficult ones have two layers of armour and hitscan laser weapons that drain your health at an extreme rate

You'll probably still fuck 'em up pretty bad though because that's literally melee Fencer's job

>but wait; there's more
it's the theme of the game. It gets more and more retarded the further we go and we're only at 50 or so. I love it

>Play around on mission 82 with a shotgun.
>The Ayy don't even see me walk up to them with a shotgun when they are all shooting at the yellow robot.
>Shotgun is a D35

Attached: 964636435.jpg (1186x1026, 163K)

You can pop a wheelie to aim at enemies that are in the air. It’s not the most accurate, but it can get the job done.

I've got a gsync monitor too, updated drivers (which is bullshit that never does anything) and force disabled vsync on nvidia inspector stopped weird frame drops for me.

armored aliens don't use lasers, laser cannon is carried by regular
armored use flamethrower and rocket minigun, I think

How?

You know actually I genuinely haven't bothered checking, it's entirely possible you're right
Either way, those things are almost as fucking bad

they are pain to kill that's for sure, but laser one is the nastiest.
not to mention that you can't see shit when those fire

Pull back on the stick while you’re moving, but don’t try to steer it or you’ll eat shit and don’t try to wheelie for too long either.

Yep. The laser ones are bad because they like to focus on you for some reason.

Is it me or did they give wing divers a bigger butt in EDF5?

I'm 40 odd missions in and am still yet to get a better bike than the initial free bike.

THEY HAVE MOUTHS TOO

humanoid AI tend to gravitate towards to those who deal highest DPS around it seemed to me. certanly different behaviour than regular monsters

Is it me or did they make wing divers into bigger sluts in EDF5?

To remove the weapon cap you need 70% completion online. I'm planning on doing 2 runs on Hard and 2 runs on Hardest.
My Hard runs might be solo just when I don't have friends to play with. Which classes are best for Solo Online? Or am I better off just jumping in with randoms?

Attached: 1562857700632m.jpg (607x1024, 116K)

It's all RNG when it comes to weapon drops.

But what about when you're on inferno and 100 spiders start blowing their loads of sticky white stuff at you?

Does the trick of playing 2p splitscreen still get you double armor drops? Also what are the best missions for farming armor?

They complain constantly about how nobody respects them because of the outfits they're forced to wear now so not really

But there's no regular bike that gets a fuckin laser, so it's unique at least.

>solo online
just saying that solo online will buff enemies as if 4 people playing
have fun

almost
meaning it works until things happen

You're better off doing 2 man runs since the game penalizes you for solo online by giving you 4 man scaled enemies to fight by yourself.

So im about 10 hours into edf5. Its my first edf and I really feel like im not getting any progression in weapon and support item drops. Do I just play more or play harder difficulties?

Well they just need to put on some fucking pants

you need randoms in online. your AI teammates do way less damage in online and can't really be depended on outside of the bigger vehicles

Solo online is literally fighting 4 player scaled enemies on your own.
Don't do it.

FUCK DEROYS
>blinds you with 50 million laser cannon shots
>shoots you through buildings
>lose half your hp spraying at them
>just fucking WALKS AWAY when you finally kill all the bits on it
>aggro the rest of the map chasing it down
>ends up on the other side of the map outside of the play area sitting behind a building doing fucking NOTHING
FUCK YOU

>Why did you join the EDF?
>Cause I'm pretty!

double armor trick does not work in 5

Yes.

>Do I just play more or play harder difficulties?
If you are implying that you are playing on normal (or god forbid, easy), then yes you are getting worse drops. I saw some user say in one of these threads that he got mission 80 something on normal and didn't have better than a level 16 weapon.

Okay, I know normal is really easy and that the drops from it are woefully inadequate but dear god i wasn't expecting to the jump to hardest to be so damn harsh, let alone inferno. Am i actually going to have to grind down hard so i can beat just mission 4?

>Scaled as if 4 player
Fuck that then. Randoms if needed it is.

Attached: 1562365769554.gif (500x516, 866K)

I'm doing 40. Do it on easy or normal, clear everything but don't get the fencers, blow two drop ships but leave the one near the Grim Reapers, then summon a tank under the last ship and go get the Reapers. They'll kill everything while you sit in your tank and collect armor.

Obviously not as fast as actually playing the game, but you can clean your room or whatever while you keep an eye on it to make sure you don'r die or flip over.

Attached: farming.webm (1280x720, 2.88M)

>tfw killing 3 of them with 1 combat bomber

The idea is to get armor from a normal run so you don't get roflstomped in hard.

Also if all you want is armor there's nothing wrong with grinding missions on easy.

You're supposed to beat the game on Hard then use that gear for Hardest then beat hardest before going to Inferno
Hardest is literally NG+ and Inferno is NG++

imagine the smell

Just post more wing divers.

I'm not surprised. The jump from normal to hard was actually surprising once you get past the very beginning. On normal I felt I could just face roll on my keyboard and win, and I have died quite a few times and had to retry quite a few missions on hard.

I don't give two shits about armor, i want to be able to kill a pylon in less than 3 magazines on inferno.

EDF nooblet here
I don't get the stars next to the different weapon stats. The ingame manual states that these can be customized, but there's nothing in the weapon select menu that would allow me to do that. Is this "customization" just referring to upgraded versions of the same weapon?
Also, a "full" star next to it's stat means that this is stat is already at max and the empty ones still have potential to go up through drops?

Also, is it really necessary that all classes just flat out suck at the start of the game? Trying to play fencer or wing diver is just painful early on. At least you get stuff for classes you don't play at the end of a successful level, but this is just a bit too much. Not sure if I can stomach the slow ass fencer, similarly to the awful call-in vehicles I have right now. I really hope the later ones don't control as badly as these.

Attached: 1.jpg (1920x1080, 584K)

so frog are easily the greatest enemy the series has ever added right
i cant think of anything that comes close

any time a weapon drops with better stat rolls than what you have, it gets applied to your weapon. When there is a solid white star next to the weapon, it is fully maxed out.

There are missions where you can farm weapons without needing 7000 armor or something. 87 is a popular one.

>The Grim Reapers are NPC Fencers who actually don't fuck around, they dash and use spears
Nice.

I like EDF but they're pretty much the same games and I get tired of the repetition before I can even finish one let alone 5 games.

Congradulations, you're a sperg

On inferno, forgot to mention.

Attached: 20190714013719_1.jpg (1920x1080, 377K)

It doesn't state you can "customize it". It saying "customization" is referring to the differing stats you can get based off enemy drops. It's poor wording probably because of chinks in charge of localization, and I think everyone who didn't read that part in the manual and just plays the game figures it out since after every mission it shows you what stats were increased.

Yeh I had been dicking around on normal learning the game and characteres, Guess its time to run it back on hard with fencer

>do a couple missions on Hard online without realizing it
>get level 14-18 weapons that will make most of Normal a breeze

Attached: 1007040_20190715114323_1.png (1920x1080, 2.8M)

that's the true EDF experience

typically you have to wait until you can fire again before you can reload

There's still a chance of getting something with inferior stats in every regard so it gets thrown into the trash. Fortunately it's relatively rare.

Play the game on hard until you get a decent weapon loadout then steamroll it on normal. Really any early mission that doesn't swarm you with AASBs is doable on hard.

>the songs are worse
>but wing divers now sing too
well fuck

>hear WD scream

Attached: holdoni'mcominkjsadksdhj.png (597x714, 500K)

Is there a way to mod the 4.1 song in?

to be fair though, this is only a first invasion. a really deep one that fucked shit up, but 4 was after numerous invasions prior where the world was driven to the brink multiple times over. it can only get darker if 5's continuity reboot sticks for future games.

I was on the base shooting off the turrets when it stood up. Now Im stuck and cant get up.

SEND HELP

Attached: 20190715013824_1.jpg (2560x1440, 836K)

>The way frogs shudder and bleed as they get stunlocked and skinned alive by miniguns

Attached: 1414208394075.jpg (336x578, 40K)

Technically not EDF but sandlot had a lot of ideas in Zangeki No Reginleiv that made it into EDF like melee weapons beyond what pale wing used, dashing, severable limbs, and credit-based weapons. Luckily they didn't also use this game's weapon acquisition system.

Attached: Freya_sword.webm (800x450, 2.85M)

Then they shouldn't have come to our fuckin' planet.

park to the side of the drop point. Your tank has a huge pickup radius, there is no need to be right on top of the drop site, unless you intentionally want to flip your tank

looks like the tank is shitting ants

I somehow haven't flipped over yet. I have it going on my other monitor while I'm working.

I think there's a limit like 4.1 so probably no point in going past 3 hours or so.

BUT THEY LOOK JUST LIKE US
I CAN'T DO IT

Fencer is actually probably the fastest class in the game, he just requires lots of technical knowhow to get the most out of his abilities
youtube.com/watch?v=PKjJ4z_KO-E
Key to making him actually manageable instead of a slowass piece of shit is knowing that you can cancel your dash recovery with certain weapons or by deflecting with a shield

You might also be using bad weapons/using the wrong weapon for the job; there's a level 9 gun for Wing Diver (Dragoon Lance DA) that does over 1500 damage and penetrates, which is MORE than enough to blow anything and everything you should encounter in the early game apart instantly
That makes it good at killing big individual targets like pylons or heavily clustered enemies, but it's not a good choice against enemies that are spread out/a long way away.

Either way yes, everyone gets a lot stronger as the game goes on.

your first playthrough is meant to be on hard
normal is for when you find that one mission thats just way too much of a bitch to do on hard so you skip it and continue with the rest of the game
easy is for people with cerebral palsy

But the trailers for Iron Rain makes it look so good. But I see Yuke's so I guess they're the devs for that one?

Makes sense. Thanks anons.
Still trying to figure things out. It's a bit overwhelming with all the different stuff you can equip and the weapon select menu really isn't good.

Dual Spear? Those didn't do shit to them when I used it.

Gotta beat the campaign so I can use the prologue armor. The aerodynamic t-back is making me super embarrassed to play WD.

>play as ranger
>getting cornered by group frogs
>see a soft glow on the ground
>see a nuke fly into their backs and vaporize them
>frog ragdolls fly towards me
>hear a muffled "EDF!" in the distance

you can select which appearance you use after you do that?
cos I gotta say I like sky dancers suit.

You're probably over thinking it. Equipment and things are pretty straight forward. All the stats are right there in front of you, and it gives you a pretty detailed explanation. Anything else can be figured out with experimenting.

Isn't this a reboot of the timeline? So that part of "From vicious giant insects who have once again come back" be inaccurate?

Still, new songs are shit, I am disappoint.

Are you talking about the flying aggressors? They use wings to fly like birds so the comparison is pretty adequate.

Yukes are the devs and don't be fooled, it is shit, as has been THOROUGHLY explained in this thread.
I'm pretty sure it's also dead as fuck already, especially since most of the hardcore EDF autists who keep games like this alive for years flat out hated it.

ye

I mean, they ARE being attacked by giant insects at least, but somehow no one knows what an ant or a spider is in this universe.

They look like they hate the water...

BUT THEY DON'T

playing with Yea Forums is fun

Attached: 20190715162340_1.jpg (1920x1080, 760K)

>die on top of fortress
>it gets up and walks away while I'm still on it
>no one can rescue me
Word of caution make sure you die on the ground.

Are there any MASSIVE mechs in this?

I'd love to fuck up aliens evangelion-style

Attached: eva.gif (320x218, 417K)

>flying aggressors
This is probably the best one

>no good assault rifles from lvl26 stork to high 40s
>unless you want carpel to kick in
haha fuck you
shotguns are better anyway

also, we just got handed to us on the SPIDER Sniper level
I've got the voices in Japanese because I've already played through in english on the PS4
The guys are talking about Nobunaga

youtube.com/watch?v=GhgUfX-g3Ag

I think there's two, but you wouldn't be doing anything evangelion style, they're super slow and weighty, made for slugfests with not-godzilla

it also has same attack as on your gif
and purple color in DLC mission pack

Attached: file.png (1280x720, 1.31M)

Don't worry too much about it. You can get through most of EDF without knowing the first thing about the game and just picking whatever gun you think feels the most fun; your teammates will make up the difference.

Yes. He's actually in the very first mission, in the hangar section where the Sergeant teaches you how to shoot. Giant Unloader 'BARGA'.

Oh shit is that what they're talking about? I haven't played with the JP voices yet and I always thought the fucking obscure Napoleonic battlefield reference out of nowhere was bizarre, that owns

Attached: 20190711100011_1.jpg (1920x1080, 460K)

oh god these commentators are kinda cancer
fug

It's more like Pacific Rim than NGE

Any piratefags want to play or host a lobby, I'm on 39.

All these screenshots helped me find my go-to color scheme when making a character in any video game from now on.

Attached: 1563062268803.png (626x754, 95K)

>Deez gian' anhkors weel be called BEEG ANHKORS deestroi dee BEEG ANHKORS

It's explicitly Pacific Rim in 4.1 and onwards at least, they even mention in 4 that Erginus 'came from the Pacific Ocean'
He was LITERALLY just fucking Godzilla in the old games though
You can still see a couple of holdovers from those days in Erginus' SKREOOOONK laser breath attack and stuff like that
youtube.com/watch?v=vnnhZ8BD0u4
youtube.com/watch?v=EmquHWLfjRU

>slow giant robots didn't exist before pacific rim

I love that shit, and how they are saying the frogs are the exact same as humans. The dialogue in this is a fucking 10/10

Attached: turbo.png (1906x849, 321K)

>my brother and I are on Mission 59
>normie friends want to play now that their normie weekend is over
fug, I don't want to do the shitty boring early stuff again just when the game is starting to get full wacky.

Should I just be a bro and help them catch up? They'll get destroyed on these missions on hard without any armor

>hasn't played RAD

that made me laugh for a good minute

>all those pain and death sounds of the Wing Divers
>even in english
boner please no

Attached: 1007040_20190715092350_1.png (1920x1080, 2.64M)

>getting cornered as a fencer
It only happen when trying to dash through the fucking invisible wall around the arena.

Please, nigga. I made that schoolgirl friend MC has go into poverty when I crushed the entire town and het gay shop

Attached: RADASFUCK.jpg (274x184, 17K)

Air Raider should be able to sprint

Sure, try a different class that you normally don't play

Attached: 20190714211051_1.jpg (1920x1080, 397K)

>I can't read
They straight up tell you that he originated from underwater in the Pacific ocean. He's Godzilla in the old games, he's a Pacific Rim monster in 4, and he's just a random kaiju in 5.

4 ends with the alien so utterly baffled by the human resistance that they get scared and never come back that's pretty positive.

I can't read, but initial post was about mechs, not kaiju. So we have a draw.
Man I miss missile spam from fucking godzilla in 2, that was fun.

My eyes start hurting every time i play this game, wtf?

How do you unlock it?

do you wear contacts

Blink more often and turn on your lights.

fun part that all danger is actually from regular and especially red wasps
huge ones are there just to be scary damage sponges

play a different class for that sick mission%

By playing the game.

>MLRA-30
>can lock on to 30 targets
>only gets 20 missiles
>needs air-raider support to be used at a reasonable range
what the hell is r&d doing?

Attached: 1485567694887.png (230x328, 11K)

>Play EDF 2025 for the first time
>Get to the Retiarius mission
>Hearing all the Wing Divers stuck in the spider webs

Attached: 2dd.jpg (600x600, 40K)

Turn off camera effects or camera shake, or both. That might help.

Maybe even try wearing some glasses if it gets too bad.

Attached: 1555542576186.png (375x466, 162K)

No contacts, also never had this with any other game. Friend suggested i turn down the brightness of my screen so I'm gonna try that. Really weird, i thought i was getting the flu or something but i just noticed that after a day of working in front of screen, not having any trouble, and then playing edf and it started acting up again.

Christ that one was awful too

>JohnnyRico

Guess I should'a known I wasn't the only one with that name.

>It's not a world war!
>IT'S A SPACE WAR

I'll try those things too, thanks user

>THOSE BOIISTARDS
>THEY THINK THEY CAN COME TO OTHER PLANETS AND DO WHAT THEY WANT?
>THEY NEED TO BE PUT ON A LEASH

Don't you slide off after it walks away or can you actually ride it?

We're talking about a R&D that requires multiple copies of the same weapon they probably jam them together to make it stronger.

Attached: 1156907304487.jpg (400x300, 23K)

how to mission 39?

these fucking red drones and mother monster fucking me and my friend without a room to breath

>NO PETS ALLOWED HERE

>SOMEBODY SHOULD TELL THEM

>don't worry, our battlesuits are resistant to acid!
>AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-

securing and holding an advantageous position on the map solves everything

Get more people.

so is air raider part of the air force or EDF?

Finished lineart for the monopoly squad. Back to the grind it is.

Attached: edf1req3.png (1667x1414, 1.23M)

>We can solve this through peaceful negotiations, not bombs and war!
>one mission later
>Everyone that's attempted negotiation has died. It's not that the aliens can't speak, it's that they want us dead.

Brutal Battlefield?

I'm afraid it's in the name, user.

Perhaps some Yea Forums shitters would be willing to help, if you and your friend wanna make a Yea Forumsdf lobby.

Not me though, I'm still recovering.

Attached: vipercustom4.png (1920x1080, 2.41M)

>allow upgrades so getting duplicates is worth it
>nerf the base guns so you have to grind even more even if it doesn't make sense
Was this really a QoL improvement or to just add 100 more hours of grind?

>ant acid is literally cheeto puffs
It's been years and I still can't get past that, why is this shit so funny

>DREADFUL BEASTMASTERS

Attached: 1007040_20190715095539_1.png (1920x1080, 1.08M)

Finally having shotguns that don't take 6 seconds to reload is nice but getting there is fuckawful.

4 ends with less than a thousand human beings left on earth. The sum total population being
>storm team
>omega team
>Aircraft carrier lionic
>WHALE
>Spritefall operators
>the few refugees among them
5 ends with hundreds of millions still alive.

No you're stuck up there.

Room: Yea ForumsDF
Password is the usual.

The worst part is that's almost a cool fucking line
>How rude, pets need to be leashed
>Lets teach em the rules

Its crazy how much a difference getting upgrades can have on some weapons.
>blood storm for fencer, somewhat hard to use at like 2.5 seconds for a single lock on
>got it down to .8 seconds and it wasn't even capped

Now I just need to get lucky and find upgrades for the FG8 gattling

When do you notice it especially? Is it during the lighting effects when a huge bright laser is shot and everything darkens except the laser like in ? That's one of the effects that stands out in this game, I'm sure other games do that, but it stands out here.

So, me and my friend are gonna start the game today. What classes should we roll? Keep in mind that my friend is a fucking dumbass, although we played some edf 4.1 before. I was thingken maybe of picking up air raider so I can unlock the vehicles, but what about my buddy? In 4.1 I mostly played fencer and he mostly played ranger

>tfw no melee class
God dammit, just let me fuck up some ayys with a sword

Attached: 1447040647745.jpg (500x356, 57K)

you idiot

Just pick Fencer and punch/blasthole them. It's about as melee as it gets

No one wants to finish Brutal Battlefield. Someone come join. Public pirate lobby. Bring missiles or a sniper and it'll be over quick.

Well if he's truly a dumbass and has played ranger before why not just stick with that? Does he want to try something new?

Got a great example of that kino right here

The lighting in the particle effects is underrated big time, not just from this but from other light sources too.

Attached: godzookers.webm (1920x1080, 2.07M)

>Monster Zero
Why would they do this?

>disrespecting mini gundam
fuck you

what room?

Reminder that pirates are playing DLC missions right now

I’d rather support the developer/publisher since they make fun games.

Oh wait this isn't the walking fortress mission. Guess I never beat this one. I'm just gonna join the Plain of Conflict (37 hard) lobby since that's close, though this chink ragequit last time when he died.

if he's a total dumbass have him play ranger, they get vehicles and the shotguns are super fun so it's not boring to play, it's just not very 'unique' compared to the other classes.

I don't know yet, I'm asking because maybe in 5 ranger got nerfed or something, or maybe there's a better class for him to play so he would be less of a deadweight than he usually is

huehue. so funnay XD

Isn't there more still alive scattered across the planets?

Did you get a good dose?

Oh, dear, I think something's wrong with the dose you took...

Attached: 1553800233953.gif (512x469, 1.26M)

>Being a cuck
People like you are the reason why the industry is in such a sorry state.

just how much damage does this faggot godzilla take?

jesus christ it actually took me a sec

Attached: 9798798897.png (383x236, 81K)

never mind it ran away
shit mission

well, I thought it was funny because this was the first time playing with complete strangers and we all had the same colour scheme
I don't know why though

reminder that buyfags can also unlock the DLCs with the steamworks fix and turning wrappermode off so it doesn't launch as spacewar

I was also pretty disappointed

>chink ranger thinks he's invincible and runs into a group of frogs and drones, dies, ragequits
Every time. Fucking bugmen.

I admit that so far in the early game i've bumrushed enemy forces, but it helps draw attention away from my teammates and so long as I don't try to fuck with the betas much I can keep myself alive for a good while.

Well, i first started noticing it after playing the game for multiple hours straight. But just now, i started playing from mission 3 to play with fencer for a bit, and my eyes started to hurt instantly. Turning off camera effect and screen shake did help, but i still feel strain from playing the game.

Brutal Battlefield, normal or hard, public pirate lobby

No. That was the whole point of the Earth Eaters. It wasn't some inefficient shit like dropping bugs in a city but freezing well more than half the planet to death.

The sheer visual carnage and immense amounts of info you have to process all at once is probably a bit too much for you, then.

Always take breaks, at least 15 minutes every hour. Try to look at something green as it relaxes the eyes.

I forgot to add, am i truly the only one encountering this? Even fucking yotsuba B is less straining compared to playing EDF. Also, i played 4.1 a lot and never had these problems then.

Well shit I don't remember that, I though the Earth Eater were only there for massive fire support and to teleports soldiers wherever.

Yes, you're weird. The fact that it's just this game specifically is the weirdest part. Has this occurred during multiple sessions over a few days? Maybe you just need some sleep.

wouldn't chinks playing edf be a case of virtual fratricide

I join lobbies in red drones missions to help.

Attached: 14830.gif (500x281, 860K)

You make it sound like they could possibly care about that. They kill eachother all the time.

How do you access all the shortcut chat options when you press T and does the appearance of your character change depending on your armor rating?

Attached: 1490718266342.png (284x461, 69K)

Join up faggots
mission 22 hard

>immense amounts of info you have to process
Sure it's more than just "shoot the weakspot" but I wouldn't call keeping track of a few cooldowns and energy bars while checking a minimap "immense".

>Has this occurred during multiple sessions over a few days?
yes
>Maybe you just need some sleep.
I have severe secondary insomnia, for which i use meds that knock me out for 10 hours. So I'm pretty sure I've slept enough every night since I started playing the game.

Do you mean the wheel? Left ctrl. And no for your second question.

Not gameplay info, I meant for his eyesight the sheer amount of shit blowing up and goring all over the place.

I mean being able to access all the different kind of chat options.
And how do you change your appearance then? Sorry for asking all these questions!

>Alt-Tab while in lobby
>GPU crashes
Ebin.

Is back up.

Haha yea. They don't have webbing like us on the hands.

Attached: 1527428652799.png (646x595, 280K)

I think you have to press the left direction key. Your look change according to which missions you're on though I think I've read you can unlock the option to change outfit once you finish the game.

I see, thank you.

>can change outfit later

Costume mods when?

I miss Hectors

Any easy way to edit save? I would like to carry over some of the grind from PS4 instead of starting at 0

no

Is there any anticheat then? Can I just steamroll the missions that way?

Most of the time the fully upgraded versions of guns are actually slightly better than their 'base' design specs in the description
The MLR30 is supposed to have a magazine size of 30 missiles but can actually carry 49 at once when fully upgraded, for example

frogs and ayys are far better then hectors

Just finished the Sniper Team mission, and at the end, the female operator says something like
>Survivor confirmed. It's you again.

Does this mean.. no one else but you (the player) survive in most battles before that?

Attached: index.jpg (242x208, 9K)

yes
youre practically a grim reaper for your squads

Pretty much EDF tradition at this point. I believe Sarge and some of your starting squad guys are meant to be consistent survivors throughout the campaign, but pretty much everyone else is either expendable or dies horribly.

Well I don't know what to tell you. If you know an optometrist who's a fan of EDF maybe he'll know more on what could be specifically causing it.

I still think it's the brightness variations the game abuses during explosions and such (). Try playing missions 30-31 and see if that triggers it especially as there's many brightness variations and focusing on color changes.

user......most battles are a lost cause against the ayys but (YOU) always makes it out alive and win where everybody else lost and (YOU) are Mankinds last and best hope to win this war

What are some good weapons for fencers early on? From what i gether the swords and hammers are all shit, and the spears and shotguns are good?

>tfw no PC
>can't play this with other anons or at all

Attached: 69983085_p0.jpg (3541x5016, 1.83M)

Mission 53 hard here, still using level 2 Blood Storms lmao

upgrade them and then be sad that most of your missles suck dick or need an AR to use.

I feel dumb. I've been playing offline mode until lvl35 so far. Just noticed that levels aren't unlocked in the online mode. Should I just have played the game in online mode from the start and just solo?

>B- aim on sniper limpet gun

Attached: n moment.gif (500x300, 984K)

Why did (you) join the edf?

Attached: 1560972114148.png (922x466, 1022K)

No, because it's harder if you're in online mode, even if you're solo.

Soon you'll get This is a private transmission

Is there a better feeling than unlocking a new Jackhammer?

Attached: 1344787895980.jpg (478x474, 26K)

Cannons, shotguns, missiles, and mortars are all good ranged options. Obviously some of them are for a more stationary loadout. All melee weapons have a purpose. Hammers are defensive and shortranged as they give you damage reduction, swords are great for very dense, linear swarms and pretty alright for drones and spears are all around good.

How do i beat the final cave mission i think its 33 or 34 the giant bees keep raping us

>Some EDF guy is talking about a secret weapon
>Command has no idea what he's talking about
You're the secret weapon.

outside of the sarge's team, the specific wingdiver team and fencer team everyone dies bravely in defense of our mother earth
>using limdick guns when you can just have DE202 protect you

Generally unless you're playing on Normal or possibly Hard, everyone except the Grim Reapers, the Spriggans and Sarge & co dies

If those characters 'die' in missions they actually don't die, they just fall to their knees and if you kill all nearby enemies they'll do a big anime scream and then pull themselves back to their feet and get half their health back

Storm 1 is basically Mr. Death though, yes
The Grim Reaper squad leader(? I forget) even says in one mission that 'YOU'RE the real 'Grim Reaper' around here'

Attached: ss+(2019-07-12+at+05.31.57).jpg (972x588, 163K)

That's just China being China

Attached: 1353700708139.jpg (284x226, 19K)

Actually the secret weapon was the air pollution around Beijing, which the aliens have no natural resistance to, to the point where it's as deadly as fucking nerve gas to them

Nice decal

Attached: 20190714071213_1.jpg (1920x1080, 579K)

By the end of the game they say >90% of humanity was killed in the war, and that if they come back we're fucked. All our infrastructure is gone, humanity is scattered, all that. We won a phyrric victory

It's one of the DLC/Preorder bonuses, actually
The Grim Reapers are a pretty boss unit actually, they're exclusively made up of volunteer soldiers who have lost everything and want to die on the battlefield, but they always somehow survive

Grim Rapers > Spriggan

BUG FUCKING SHITS

Attached: 20190715202259_1.jpg (1920x1080, 558K)

I want 4.1 Fencer dash cancels back. Id gladly trade the 10 jumps and dashes for them

Attached: 1560367776463.jpg (999x999, 98K)

The issue is that the giant insects release pollution eating microbes into the air when they die and some species specifically bred for eating plastics. So every dead bug cleans the environment for them. The next primer attack won't need spacesuits to breathe.

>they say >90% of humanity was killed in the war
That's probably EDF's doing if the average lobby is anything to go by

Attached: text book animal cruelty.webm (640x480, 1.1M)

How do you lose that much of humanity and still have a military functional enough to launch attacks?

>When they call you storm one

Hell fucking yeah. Last half of the game really sucks your dick

Why would you want one of your weapons forced into being a shield or a catapult? This way you just need a dash weapon and a jump weapon, that's many options each.

They don't

They never outright state it but Sarge & co being Omega Team is also a cheeky little detail
IF ONLY I HAD A 'LASER'...

>if they come back we're fucked
They have no reason to come back

I've never played any edf
give me a quick rundown on the fencer sanic shit, it looks like the most fun thing in the game besides the giant mechs
youtube.com/watch?v=qqJNf2l9Xz0
how do you do this shit?

Instead of trying to run away, face them in close range and simply dodge around them as they spew shit. Try to stay in an open area so that they stand upright and spray the stuff vertically.

I kind of almost love you for this, almost.

Tapping the block button to deflect attacks/firing with certain specific weapons during your dash's cooldown animation cancels out of it and allows you to immediately perform another dash
With enough practice you can literally fly as Fencer now and he's probably the fastest character in the game, all things considered

>play the game expecting to main Fencer
>try the other classes once or twice each to see whats up
>10 missions later I can't stop playing Air Raider
The constant fucking air raids, explosions, and vehicle drops are fucking great. Just got my first powered exoskeleton and Im fucking diamonds.

Anything especially good to use in them them? Mostly been running air strikes, one of those autocannon guns, and auto-turrets for personal defense. Had Depth Crawler drop so used that a lot up till now.

On inferno i never had to stop retreating or engaging and could kite mobs around as long as i could keep it up. Now i have to stop and pray that a bug chooses not to whack me in the cooldown. Not really a problem yet, but the safety and speed of that movement was fun, plus I can just deflect or spear anything, since those and the shotgun are the only fencer weapons i find usable

I liked some of their energy weapons, like the Maser Rifle that fires the huge fuckoff piercing beam.

I haven't played Wing Diver much in EDF5 yet, does she get stuff like that or the "Halo Beam" that fires balls that explode into a ring of lasers?

You could only do it in 4 because firing some weapons would cancel the dash recovery animation, allowing the player to chain dash after dash if he had a weapon with a firing animayion short enough.
In 5 they added a cooldown once you reach your maximum number of dash so younre forced to wait. Although you can now have multiple boost jump which allow you to reach almost every place in the game.

Close, that was the case in 4.1 which i said i missed, but now in 5, you get equipment that has chainable dashes and jumps. You start out with a few each but it ramps up to 8, 9, or 10 each, letting you essentially fly and do all kinds of things. No cancels involved in this one. Note though that if you play fencer and want to jump high, do a dash in a direction, let go of the stick, and do a neutral jump. You keep the momentum, but neutral jumps are 2x higher than directional jumps. Useful in chains

but that other user said they took it out of the newer one?
what exactly am I seeing in the video?
so essentially it still exists in the new game but gets arbitrarily capped at a certain point? where's the fun in that?
what exactly does the boost jump add compared to before?

>air raider aggros the whole map
>air raider kills the whole map
>no time to get crates
air raider

you can still cancel in 5, it just works a little different, and the javelin isn't the same, so you can't simply spam cancel a 300+ magazine dash weapon. Otherwise it works with some 10-20 odd magazine weapons, AND you get to straight increase consecutive dash chains, AND dash+boost jump.

Dash canceling just isn't quite as fast, or when it is, only for very very short bursts, but it's still there, and still important. Out the door dash canceling with the default blasthole spear is solid enough compared to everything else available for fresh classes.

Vegaltas/Nyx are absolute monsters in 5, so basically anything else that enables them is a good choice
Naming them after the god of death was an apt choice
Airstrikes and mortar barrages are obviously always a good choice but don't underestimate Air Raider's buff equipment either, power assist guns give a pretty solid damage buff and guard assist guns give a positively ABSURD 50% damage reduction, so they're both solid choices to make your mech even beefier
You could also bring a guide beacon gun if you're using a Nyx variant with missiles; they have the cheeky side effect of letting you lock onto the same enemy multiple times so they're great for chunking big enemies like pylons or transport ships

Those were the most fun weapons, yeah
I don't play much Wing Diver myself but they do generally get all the crazy weird energy weapon shit so it's a fair chance

I don't really play Fencer all that much either so I wasn't aware they'd changed cancelling beyond just giving you a bunch of free dashes, thanks for clarifying my mistake

You can still do it with the weapon in the video you linked but that's an endgame one. I'm not sure if you can do the same shit with the inferior versions.
Boost jump is just an upward jump. It allow you to reach buildings' roof, reach the top of alien pylons, escape from hordes of insects, etc. It was pretty shit in 4 but now that you can chain it in 5 it's great. You can cross enormous distance with a dash followed by a boost jump.

If you read
You kind of get the jist, but there is some value in the new system. Weapon diversity is something, youre not chained to the javelin launcher for optimal movement, and jumping at the right time during a dash give you 2x or 3x distance from a ground boost, allowing you to conserve the jumps and dashes.
In the video, he's got maxxed jumps and dashes, and he knows how to use them. The cap is annoying in chases and sometimes crucial moments, but once you reach peak performance it kind of doesnt matter as much. Still prefer infinite cancels in 4 though

Fucking red drones that hitstun you and just drain your health in a second. They sucked in 4.1 and they suck now.

>my mistake
check the video to the comment you're replying. That's 5, the dash cancels are even more bonkers than 4.1

not to rub it in. Just saying: Fencer is best wing diver.

>fusion blaster locked behind inferno dlc maps
>it's reloadable
what the fuck bro

For anyone that doesn't know, hardest hard and inferno are counted separately for completion. So if you want to get all 5 medals you need to do the map 3 times per class.

Attached: 20190715211021_1.jpg (1920x1080, 576K)

Actually I want to make an addendum to my fencer opinion; in 4.1 you can chain infinite dashes as long as you have ammo in thr javelin, but in 5, by the time you get the Double Jet Spear, the movement from that weapon covers the dash/jumps cooldown time. I forgot about that since i played on ps4 however long ago, but with that weapon the cooldown debuff is negligible and your movement is still wacky and kooky

Attached: HA HA HA HA HA.png (437x227, 100K)

Im just glad I dont need to do easy and normal now those put me to sleep

it still looks like he's doing some retarded weapon cancelling shit in that video though
if that was made redundant by the new dash/jump chaining system what is he gaining out of doing that still?

Because the dash in 5 is infinitely worse than 4.1, is utter trash early game, and still locks you into certain equipment (blast or twin spears, plus the required boost cells) because you don't conserve momentum otherwise and get your asshole turned inside out. In 4.1 you could become a god on the battlefield as soon as you mastered the dash cancel, but 5 has Fencer completely neutered until you get both sufficient boost cells AND a fast swinging spear.

is that the weapon the guy is using in this video?
can you explain how exactly you would use it to stay moving when you can't dash/jump anymore because of cooldowns?

Yeah but that's to fly. You can make some mad fast jumps at the price of having to stop for a couple of seconde without weapon cancelling.