You can only play 1 Final Fantasy game for the rest of your life. Which do you choose?

You can only play 1 Final Fantasy game for the rest of your life. Which do you choose?

Attached: ff1.jpg (1130x720, 79K)

Other urls found in this thread:

romhacking.net/hacks/957/
mediafire.com/file/jjv80yb83ychmvt/ff5ace.zip
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

FFXI easily.

V seems like the best choice. Wish it had a remake with a difficulty bump like IV has

XIV

Tactics

Attached: 1542300416593.jpg (838x1024, 949K)

>Which do you choose?
I choose death.

Attached: 1559212873101.jpg (450x307, 14K)

>killing himself because he can no longer play all of the final fantasy games

FFXI if they start over from the beginning and release slowly like the expansions.

Or FFVIII. Triple Triad.

xiii

Attached: 93a89f6612.jpg (600x338, 24K)

XIV

7, only one I've played besides the 4 remake

Disidia 012 or My Life as a King

I would replay IV one last time, and then I would leave the series behind.

Attached: ff4_5.jpg (501x806, 86K)

This.

POST YOU FUCKING FOUR JOB FIESTA TEAMS

IX

Attached: mister_rogers_feature_2_1050x700.jpg (1050x700, 558K)

Ffxiv obviously. The rest are done and finished, ffxiv as an mmo continues to get new content

Gonna say III because I could fuck around with jobs a lot. Haven't played V tho.

X is my favorite but I can't see there being much replay value aside from making deliberately gimped builds.

IV. Pretty much what I already do.

XI

Attached: Bahamut_02.sized.jpg (640x514, 89K)

What happens if I pick Final Fantasy Versus XIII?

No not XV

Then you get to play none.

Please stop spreading the meme that FFVIII is any good.

You transform into a depressed Tetsuya Nomura.

...by which I mean just Nomura himself.

Same. Has the most fun world to explore and it's comfy. As the years go by I care for less and less entries of the franchise but IX remains in my top tier.

14/11
Or Bravely Default/Second unironically

>Final boss is literally A FUCKING TRE
Still don't understand the fandom for such a shit story

what's your favorite one?

Crystal Chronicles

the only Final Fantasy I've beaten

FVIII sticks in a lot of people's memories because it seems perfectly cultivated and designed to appeal to early pubescents.

>high school setting
>but magic super soldier high school
>you have a sword and a leather coat
>gun = cool, sword = cool, therefore gunxsword = headsplosion
>memorable cinematic intro
>plot is a meandering mess but every individual little slice of it fits neatly as its own semi self contained 'action episode' (ie: infiltrate the city! Go on a rocket to space! School civil war oh no!) it's a mess but it jangles its keys enough to keep you distracted.
>lousy plot's clunky exposition and stupid twists trick kids into thinking it's much more highly sophisticated than it really is (kids are insecure, and latch onto things they believe will elevate them to being more adult via association).
>on the same vein a crudely inserted love story also tricks kids into thinking its more mature, but it's barely fleshed out beyond the surface level so as not to put off young boys
>characters are all annoying high school anime stereotypes in some way

ffx just for wakka

X-2 or XII. Probably X-2.

Yeah but on top of all that it's boring as all hell.

even as a teen i couldn't get into the disjointed mess that is FF8. Its soundtrack is like its only redeeming quality

Any Lulu nude mods?

Attached: 359870_screenshots_20160612154333_1.jpg (1280x720, 237K)

I just bought ff9 on steam today

The soundtrack is so overrated too. X and VII's soundtrack blow it out on a track-for-track basis.

Is X-2 good? I own it but never played it more than an hour or two

Nice! I hope you enjoy it. Do be sure to go into the configuration and set the battle speed to max and skip the battle intro thing. As much as I enjoy 9 the early game battles can be painfully slow.

X, for sure.
Don't get the hate people have for the characters.

Hmm. Either V to be safe or LRXIII to be risky. The latter does have references to previous games, so it would sort of keep the memories of the entire franchise alive as a bonus. I don't have the guts, I'll go with V. It has more content and options to replay endlessly.

Attached: FFV_Essence.jpg (700x878, 660K)

The time limit in ff13 LR sucks otherwise it would be a damn good game

I'll go with XIV since it's still getting content and easily has thousands of hours more that I have yet unfinished.
By the time I'm level 80(6.0-90)(7.0-99) in every class I will likely have consumed many years.

Attached: 1563185725672.png (1920x1080, 1.6M)

I never even completed 10. Got my brain melted trying to figure out the perk tree (wall.. WALL), then got to Blitzball and couldn't win, and said I'll return later. That was 4 years ago.

Attached: FF.jpg (2637x1810, 645K)

>retards settling for playing the same game a million times just so they don't have to play a MUH MMO

Ask that here, and you'll get a definite "no", but it's my favorite game in the series. I play it and XII the most. People hate the camp so much that they disregard the rest of the game. If you liked the setting of X and would like to revisit, but with much less of the linear progression and a lot more shit to do on the side, then you might like it. There's also the job system and revamped battle system to enjoy.

I've seen people say the sphere grid system was bad but I honestly think it just needed a better method for zooming out and communicating to the player the sort of stat boosts each region of the grid mostly specialized in.

once you understand the sphere grid it's one of the best leveling systems in FF.

You just follow the path of the grid, then when it diverges you make a choice. It's the most basic of the basic

Blitzball is also my favorite minigame in the series

I never cared for its story or how it adds to X. But X-2 has easily my favorite battle system in the series, that alone makes it worth a playthrough.

Japanese version of VII.

>Final boss is a MOON SPACE WIZARD
>Final boss is a JESTER GOD

>>Final boss is a MOON SPACE WIZARD
Not even a moon space wizard, but the SOLIDIFIED, SENTIENT ANGER of a moon space wizard.

The time limit didn't bother me. I even liked it for the atmosphere and scenario. I think the problems of the game lie squarely in the non-gameplay portions and lack of content (The upper part of the map, when they were advertising the game, seemed like it should've housed another area. Probably covered in snow, but it's hidden behind clouds now.), because it was made fast at the closing era of the PS3. It has its upsides, since they didn't have the time to polish it, they also didn't have time or budget to ruin it with grand Square-Enixisms.

Attached: 51136mfh3sfLjjU1qgxaowo.png (791x755, 805K)

Why do you hate yourself?

>I never cared for its story or how it adds to X
I actually enjoyed learning about the origins and background of Yevon, even if it takes several playthroughs to get all the details. Maechen's stories were always nice as well.

XII or Tatics.

As much as I wish I could pick XIV and continue to receive new content that I can sink a ridiculous amount of hours into, I can't sacrifice the ability to play FFVIII whenever I want. I don't think I could live if I could never just stroll around Deling City again.

Attached: Chilling.jpg (1280x1081, 175K)

14 shadowbringers :^)

Does 14 count?

FFVIII is not good stop spreading this meme.

If you like III for the jobs you're going to lose your mind over V.

Attached: ex.jpg (665x1000, 144K)

I'm not spreading a meme, and I'm not for a second claiming that FFVIII is good. It's simply my favourite Final Fantasy and I love it warts and all.

I started a fiesta, but got bored and played through the Custom Classes mod, instead. It was fun, but easy. I didn't even realize Omega was supposed to be a superboss.
>depressed Nomura
>not burning anger Nomura

id rather kill myself desu, even though i like FF playing a jrpg for the rest of my life sounds like hell.

Attached: Gottem.gif (355x363, 2.01M)

FFV is the best FF!!!!!

Attached: sample_b4303dd065edca940f0023826770aaa7.jpg (850x362, 146K)

probably FFV so I can play the ancient cave hack for massive replayability

Tactics A2

Attached: gigachad.jpg (738x415, 18K)

I just got to disc 2 of FFVIII and I'm extremely bored. Does it really get any better or is it "what you see is what you get" at this point?

Before XIII came out, there wasn't a single bad main Final Fantasy game.
Even 9 or 8 were decent at worst depending on your tastes.
Go play At Tonelico, Legend of Dragoon or Crisis Core if you want a bad or mediocre game.

>8
>decent

links for those that are interested:
japanese anxient cave hack: romhacking.net/hacks/957/
english trnslation: mediafire.com/file/jjv80yb83ychmvt/ff5ace.zip

tries to mimic the lufia 2 ncient cave inside ffv. all loot is randomised (can contain jobs, armor, weapons or items), everything is on a timer per floor to discourage grinding and the final boss is FFIV Zeromus

>final boss is X
A.
Why is that a problem?
There's more to a game than what the final boss is

final fantasy 1.

cunt boss

Attached: Omega.png (972x876, 200K)

You can pull that reductive shit with any game.
>Final boss is literally A FUCKING TIMELOOP
>Final boss is literally A FUCKING DEAD POLITICIAN
>Final boss is literally A FUCKING CLOUD
>Final boss is literally A FUCKING MOONMAN
>Final boss is literally A FUCKING TREE
>Final boss is literally A FUCKING CLOWN
>Final boss is literally A FUCKING PTSD-RIDDLED VET ABDUCTED BY ALIENS
>Final boss is literally A FUCKING THEORETICAL PHYSICS EXPERIMENT
>Final boss is literally A FUCKING SELF-HELP METAPHOR
>Final boss is literally A FUCKING DAD
>Final boss is literally A FUCKING TRUST-FUND KID
>Final boss is literally A FUCKING BATTERY
>Final boss is literally A FUCKING FAITH-HEALER

>what is FF2
And before you say it, I'm a huge SaGa nerd myself. No, it having good ideas that eventually spawned SaGa doesn't excuses such shit gamepaly.

>9 decent
gain taste user. 9 is fantastic

Why the fuck are you trying to preemptively defend IX, which is near-unanimously considered one of the top offerings of the series?

Attached: 67d484dc29da6bda415eca4b2fab1b6d.jpg (720x1000, 120K)

Probably FFTA2 if I'm being perfectly honest

You can literally just follow the lines.

In this one, it isn't even true. Exdeath /was/ a tree. A magic tree that turned into an evil sorcerer. He can't logically be reduced to being just a tree.

Either way it's a stupid exercise. I would play a game where the final boss was a shrub if the story being told was compelling enough.

Attached: ni.jpg (1008x566, 116K)

FF IV because the SNES, GBA, DS and PSP versions are all different so it's going to be like having more games

Attached: ff iv.jpg (1920x1080, 254K)

The characters were definitely worth a playthrough. I actually had some decent laughs when I played through it the past month.

FFXI is the only answer.

Attached: windurst.png (1280x800, 953K)

Why no FF XII?

Which final fantasy have you given the most playthroughs this year?

>no one said 6 yet
Sad!

Attached: d295540a2a19738e63a1e1242a6701d0.jpg (827x1169, 224K)

Exdeath is still amongst the best villains from classic Final Fantasy, along with Kefka. Everyone else (aside from maybe The Emperor - so Garland, CoD and Zeromus) appeared out of nowhere near the end of the game and had little to no connection to the characters.
Compare to Exdeath, which 1) appears like 10 hours in, 2) is directly responsible to the Crystals being destroyed, 3) is directly connected to pretty much every major character in the game, 4) kills one of the game's main characters and 5) actually succeeds in merging the worlds and bringing forth the power of the Void.

It is.
Shit, forgot about 2.

Jenovah/Sephy.

Logic says 14 because more content, but my heart says 13

>Before XIII came out, there wasn't a single bad main Final Fantasy game.

Attached: 1504748756459.jpg (460x368, 27K)

Easily FFV

This if it's not cheating.
Otherwise FFIV.

XIV in terms of pure content and variety of content. Really, too obvious a choice, you should have excluded the MMOs.

Classic Final Fantasy is 1-6. Even then Sephiroth isn't THAT good of a villain, he has a cool design but is otherwise pretty boring.

The patricians choice

Attached: 1520077776017.png (540x600, 388K)

VI is one of the biggest memes ever.
VII was insanely popular despite not actually being that much better than VI (and was a step back in some ways). VI was the natural locus for all the hipsters who needed a game other than FVII claim as favorite.

Not surprising that in a thread about people who actually play the games in the series a lot, VI isn't the overwhelmingly favorite one might predict.

XIV. Unironically the best story of all of them now that Shadowbringers is out. Nearly came when you use his axe to finish off emet-selch

Pure kino.

Attached: 20190703181142_1.jpg (1920x1080, 86K)

If this retarded shit is the best reason you have to hate the game then it sounds like a pretty good game to me.

This

>play XIV
>keep getting throwbacks to the other mainline games
>has a great story on its own too
>already investing far more hours into it than I could into the others

>near-unanimously considered one of the top offerings of the series?
Not even fucking close to unanimous.
FF9 has some passionate fans that massively overrate it and unlike FF8, which many outright hate, most people who don't love 9 just think it's OK or never played it because it was released so late in the PSX's lifetime.

>Crystal Chronicles

My man. Game's real comfy and also ridiculously grindy to get everything to it'll last for a while.

This actually makes sense. VII was the first final fantasy that a lot of people played so it has a special place for them. The people that were into the series previously then go all super contrarian and insist that VII -1 was actually the best. And this never stopped even after other games came out. They're the same people that insist turn based is still good when really it was just a limitation of technology and if they could have they would have good action combat from day one.

You'd hate Suikoden IV then.

>They're the same people that insist turn based is still good
is this retarded bait?

X because I still have to beat it

FFVII isn't turn based.

It's only bait if you're some kind of nostalgia fag that doesn't realize that turn based was a crutch for the limitations of hardware at the time. It's possible to make a game just as strategic while also being fast paced.
>Action combat is just hitting x over and over
>turn based is totally different even though I'm mashing the same attack bottom 90% of the time in a menu

Having a gcd and limited time frame on your turn doesn't make it not turn based.

Attached: HARNESS THE BURNING ANGER.jpg (502x515, 39K)

Where did this meme spring from?

FFTA

Recent triple crown with knight, time mage, ninja, and dancer. Just beat omega with blue mage, blue mage, beastmaster, and bard on a chaos natural run.

Thief, Black Mage, Mystic Knight, Monk

making some omega attempts

What's the best version of 5 to play?

snes

Final Fantasy V (J) [T-Eng][a6] is fine
RPGe is probably also fine

What's your strat

IX so I'll be forced to do the perfect game file challenge

Monk, Gimp, Nigger, Thot

It is pretty close to unanimous. You don't have to agree with a consensus, but that doesn't mean there is no consensus. Most people who have played IX consider it one of the better entries in the series. Most reputable rankings put IX near the top. It's fair to say that calling it the absolute best would be overrating it, but it's disingenuous to pretend it's not held in esteem. It's not divisive like VIII, and definitely shouldn't be singled out as a weak link.

Also, as an aside, why should I care what the people who haven't played a game think of it?

I've tried
>Reflect+Wait Until Targeting to avoid counters
>Reflect+One Unreflected Zombie to avoid counters
>Reflect+Diamond Armor to avoid counters

Chaining of surge beams is a bit much and maelstorm while sap is in effect isn't manageable

FFXI pre-abyssea

it is definitely up there

11 of course

=Monk, Mimic, Zerker, Dancer?

The next MMO they develop

FF4 the after years, on the psp. Mainly for 4, my favorite FF, but after years has a bunch of challenge dungeons for extra content and difficulty.

I bought the mobile port and it's so fucking bad. The controls are such trash. If I just emulate the psp port on Android, you think it'll be any better?

too bad mystics cant equip robes. would be easy af solo

See if the PS1 works.

>the story is far from being finished
How will they ruin it in the next expansion?

No Final Fantasy has a good story, that's why we like 5, the tone, party, and mechanics.

FPBP
I haven't played anything past 7 tho

You mean patch? I'm sure they'll find a way.

PSP is the definitive version but it has an annoying framerate bug. The guys at ffhacktics managed to patch it though

ff11's auction house alone was better than most ff games.

>It's possible to make a game just as strategic while also being fast paced.
It's not the same game though dumbass. also
>strategic
it's fucking tactical decision-making. Strategy is big picture stuff and obviously lots of games have strategy. Fucking Mega Man has strategy because you can decide what order to do the levels.
You can't improve Final Fantasy Tactics by taking away the turn-based dynamic. Turn-based decision making is critical to the game.

Final Fantasy IV blended real-time and turn-based in a way that worked really fucking well and set that game apart from all of its competition at the time. It had nothing to do with hardware limitations, everyone playing JRPGs most definitely wanted turn-based games. They wanted to make menu selections, telling characters to cast spells and attack and so on.

Attached: zirikele_falls.gif (356x410, 47K)

Probably 12, but I'm waiting on the 7 remaster