This game blew my mind. I played it with headphones and I haven't been so immersed in a game since Alan Wake came out...

This game blew my mind. I played it with headphones and I haven't been so immersed in a game since Alan Wake came out. The combat made you feel like a hero, and the voices made you feel like you were insane. It was just all so great.

Attached: hellblade.jpg (1024x576, 78K)

Senua was KINO movie

Attached: senua.png (1920x1080, 2.52M)

I mean it really was. 0 replay value but god damn was it an AWESOME 7 hours.

finished it month ago and it was worth it, such a great game

i got it in the monthly bundle. Almost didnt play it but installed on a whim

bravo, tameem

Play more games, underage. It is very hard to immerse yourself when thousand of voices go on like "it's too hard, whad should she do, she is lost, she is confused" constantly while she is in linear braindead corridor (with occasional nice art direction.) Crappy post-rock at the final showdown didn't help either.

I enjoyed the music, I've played more games than you and I'm probably older than you. The whole point of the voices is to be naysayers. Even in a linear corridor they'll say youre lost just to make you doubt yourself. Stop being a bitch who hates everything.

This was an excellent movie-game. for $12 I'm happy with it.

>This game blew
Fixed

The combat was pretty shit, even by NT standards.

The game was a decent walking simulator though. The perspective puzzles were fun, though I have to say they'd have been more fun if The Witness hadn't already done that concept way better.

>Ninja Theory game

I bet OP is full of shit

Suggest a better game then. I think if you enjoyed Alan Wake, this is another great game.

Well, for movie-game it is okay, but it is not immersive at all.

The combat was perfect for a film where youre supposed to feel like an unstoppable celtic warrior on a vision quest. Was it great multiplayer dark souls tier combat? no. was it fun? yea.

Is it possible to fuck up your hand completely, or it was a mere ruse?

It was captivating, then. I felt like one of the voices along for the ride in her head. Maybe i'm the odd man out, but i've always enjoyed the brink of death get up and keep fighting games where you really can turn the tide. The sea of corpses fight really got me excited because I felt like I had already lost but also felt like I could make it. Not having any health bar indicator is a nice touch too because every hit could be the end.

You're not supposed to be unstoppable, and the game didn't make you feel unstoppable. You're sorta-kinda competent and you fight like you're sorta-kinda competent. Which isn't a very fun way to play a game but there you go.

It's a ruse, but I didnt look it up til after I beat the game and I was CERTAIN I was fucked after I died twice in the pit.

unironically based

You know you could run+attack, right? try a few dash lunges and then focus smack a few norsemen and you feel pretty good. I think this combat is what god of war should have had.

I thought Senua was overrated garbage, uninspiring """puzzles""" and combat. It had a good atmosphere, but it didn't have a videogame underneath that atmosphere.

True.

You had about 3 attacks and none of them were especially impressive. You don't have to try to play up the combat like the game was built around it, it wasn't, which is why there was so little combat in the game overall.

But the combat that WAS there made you feel helpless but also like you could just make it out. You were unstoppable in that nothing could overcome you.

Feeling like you just barely escaped with your life is not "feeling unstoppable", you get that, right? Hell, you're supposed to die repeatedly for narrative reasons, hence the black goo of unoriginality that creeps up your arm.

Youre not supposed to die at all. The goo is supposed to slowly creep up anyway. Perhaps determined would have been a better word than unstoppable. You are supposed to feel desperate and determined. Like youre on the edge of helplessness and like you want to quit but you just keep going because you're almost there.

I loved it, only hated the level where you can't see too well.

That was the best. Knowing they were RIGHT there. Hearing them. It was creepy.

That was probably my favorite part, those monster things were freaky as fuck.

Ninja Theory makes really good games if immersion is your goal.
The combat in them is fun—though not terribly complex—but the characters and world and story and animations and music are stellar. Heavenly Blade and Enslaved have a lot of cool moments and I'd recommend them to people who liked Hellblade; further, don't let the whiny minority on Yea Forums dissuade you from trying DmC.

Attached: 1561075537607.jpg (1200x900, 155K)

remove the boring puzzles and add more combat and you're golden

should remove the combat instead. it's so boring.

>let epic negative 4chin mindset

really? for me it was really fun
parrying is satisfying af

Stopped half through, since it was boring and repetitive shit.
Especially the puzzles where you had to allign signs. Same shit all over again

Believe it or not, I'm passionate about games that are worth it. Hellblade is ridden with unnecessary AAA tropes.

I'm glad you enjoyed a videogame user.

imagine being such a brainlet you can't follow a story