Here’s your rebooted roster, bros

Here’s your rebooted roster, bros

Attached: C8C866E9-FE0F-4365-8320-EE072DA0533B.jpg (1024x576, 154K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sourcegaming.info/2018/06/20/smash-is-special-part-1-sakurais-famitsu-column-vol-557/
tiermaker.com/create/my-smash-roster
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>top left
Literally who?

>why yes, I’m a cutfag. We need more secondary Nintendo reps.

Attached: 5C667DF0-1E3A-4FCD-8F74-91C541EAC1E5.gif (320x367, 2.4M)

>Cutting Wario
Terrible image

Looks great actually.

>chain chomp
Based

Wouldn’t that be LESS secondaries tho?

Who the fuck is that to the left of Dark Samus. Cut that no name shit

>Cut Ness and Lucas but put in Kumatora

Attached: L.jpg (615x456, 31K)

At least try OP.

Attached: 6F940CA0-0356-43BC-9636-69D64B90080E.png (1000x610, 910K)

Too much FE

>no Meta Knight or ROB
Kill yourself.

There's nothing wrong with the current roster.

Attached: 1562856817121.jpg (480x363, 17K)

The current roster isn’t happening again as per sakurai. This is for the next game. OP’s roster is still retarded.

>no wario
the absolute state of cutniggers

Attached: 1552519446964.png (648x600, 553K)

>mfw Zeldafag and Blastoisefag
I am 100% okay with this.

Nice. Cool additions

Playstation all star battle 2 needs your help bro they need the help of someone who could the most retarded roster ever.

These fucking reboot rosters give me cancer.

There is Corrin at the very least

The fucking problem is it's inevitable, the next game will have to have cuts if there is another Smash game. Sakurai fucked up with Everyone is Here.

The good
>Every character ever returns
>The literal never-evers all got in
The bad
>Corrin
>Incineroar

Cutfags are the equivalent of circumfetishests. They sit in a room jerking it to who or what content is going to be excised from the next game.

Flaws

>Keeping Mr G&W and IC, next game doesn’t need no retro reps, so let’s remove EB too.

>Kumatora over Ness and Lucas for that matter

>fatal frame might be a bit to obscure for a playable status.

>Literal who redhead

>Chun Li of all capcom characters

>Dark souls of all namco characters

>Literally who to the left of Layton.

Pic related is it fixed with the flaws.

Attached: 407F2158-BA04-4B7B-B409-D87A18284F4D.jpg (1024x576, 136K)

>The fucking problem is it's inevitable
Every smash game since melee is just built on top of the previous one so not really. Making small tweaks to framedata and models isn't hard.

>cutting megaman
>adding a proto man echo
>hmm.png

>Chain chomp
Less of a fighter than the plant
>Lyn
You're alright OP.

God damn it I always forget to remove the costumes.

>Dark souls of all namco characters
Dark souls is the most likely and deserving namco rep by far. We would get a DS rep before anything else.

Cuts are inevitable but not "lol let's have half as many characters"

>Implying sonic won't be in the base game
That's real cute.

Attached: 1561037403767.jpg (700x700, 153K)

>Fucking Lucina still in
>Sonic is relegated to DLC as are all third parties
>Kumatora replaces the MAIN CHARACTERS OF HER FRANCHISE
>Tingle
>Blastoise and Venusaur
>No Andy
>Kozukata
>The Regis are the final character
Look, as much as I would LOVE Season One, and half of the others, but this is outright plain quality BULLSHIT

>Lyn
I don't want my Vergil clone in Smash.

Why do you keep posting the wrong picture? Sorry guys, here's the actual reboot roster.

Attached: untitled_2.png (1200x675, 745K)

>my nigga added cooking mama and professor layton to the dlc pass
redpilled

You again, you’ve made some improvements but guess what’s coming

Flaws

>Pauline as a semi clone for peach
>Fawful over bowser jr
>Yoshi is fine, but fuck the babies
>Diddy and Dixie in one
>Chorus kids over karate joe
>keeping Mr G&W and R.O.B, the next game won’t have hardware reps
>Olimar and Louie in one character and a fucking plasma wraith, Olimar is fine representing pikmin alone
>falco would probably be a costume
>too many third party, sonic and Pac-Man are the only third party (namco do develop the next game and Pac-Man represents the arcade era and sonic because he’s sonic.

Flaws with costumes
> baby fucking Luigi
>Brittany...nah we’ll probably keep alph.

Pic related is it fixed with the flaws I mentioned.

Attached: 519D16F6-D660-47DE-BBBA-A7DB277B261B.jpg (1000x610, 195K)

No we wouldn’t or else we would have gotten one instead of Pac-Man

#FuckYouTingleFromZelda

Questionable decision.

Attached: smash reboot.png (1139x550, 696K)

Replace G&W and I’m satisfied

>reading comprehension
Obviously pac man is the most popular one, but he’s ALREADY IN THE GAME.

He isn’t in OP’s pic dumbass

congratulations, you did nothing but make it worse.

>replacing Mac with shitman
cringe

Worse, you should be expecting the worse for a reboot roster, it might even by worse than what I did.

>everyone's cutting Wolf
but he's a great character, and doesn't even share moves with Fox like Falco does.

>Nook instead of villager
this is correct
>Kumatora instead of Ness
this is not correct

also Waluigi is going to be a launch character, though I still think he gets in as DLC into ultimate

>Sakurai fucked up with Everyone is Here.
Imagine thinking this.

You can always tell what kind of person someone is when they make a "revamped" roster and how they alter the Fire Emblem representation.

A lot if the shit you complain about doesn’t make sense at all and only makes the roster way more fucking boring.

Olimar and Louie in one character makes more sense than just olimar and you’d know this if you actually played Pikmin games.

Yes it does make fucking sense, it’s obvious common sense that is 75% likely to happen. A reboot would have a boring roster anyway.

I don’t care about pikmin but I know how a series should be repped in smash.

Ha! Ha! Ha!
Is funny because everyone knows who Mario is!!!
Hawwww...

I would love to have Venusaur, Charizard and Blastoise all playable in Smash. But why aren't the Regis on the character select screen?

God I fucking hate rebootfags.

I question that too, then again, I don’t think op made that picture.

>I don’t care about pikmin but I know how a series should be repped in smash.
You just contradicted yourself. You know nothing about the games but are deciding how it should be repped anyways. Your judgement is meaningless and you have discredited your entire argument with the rest of that shit.

>someone, not only, bothered to save my roster but they also started another thread for it
based op?
>Literal who redhead
Sami form Advance Wars
>Literally who to the left of Layton.
It's the Protoss Probe (builder)
It was a semi-joke that I made after making the rest of the image. I did 9 dlc characters since that would, hypothetically, fill in a new row; but, that left the roster at an odd number and I also thought I might as well use up the space.

Attached: smashdlc.png (1920x1080, 2.8M)

No shit. But that doesn't fucking translate to "Sakurai must now cut more than half the roster".

Whatever, you’ll see when Louie is absent next game, mark my fucking words.

It's the Protoss Probe (builder

Again, literally fucking who?

Here's my attempt
>Since this is a reboot it's focusing on massively revamping characters over new additions
>Attempted to keep all the core franchises represented with a fighter, the only cut in that department was Little Mac
>Only kept one oddball rep, Mr. Game and Watch, as attempting to keep all of them or even some of them massively inflates the roster size, new ones and returning ones would be prime additions for future entries
>Kept all the major fan demand characters, Sonic, Megaman, Bayonetta, Ridley, K. Rool, and Banjo and Kazooie as losing those would put a bad taste in the playerbases mouth and make the already hard sell of a smaller retooled roster even harder to sell
>Replaced Falcondorf with Skeltal Ganon from BOTW 2, would change if that ends up not fitting once we know more about BOTW 2
>5 character DLC that is all new additions to the series, 3 Nintendo series that have gotten big since Smash Ultimate (if applicable), Geno to sell the rosterfags on the game, and one attempt at a bombastic guest character like a Sony rep or James Bond

>"W-Where's (Major character from a major series) why didn't you add them"
Someone has to wait and come in next entry. Stuff like Diddy, Metaknight, Peach, Zelda, or Pokemon Trainer are prime picks for the next entry. Whereas some stuff like Rosalina, Greninja, Sheik, Ike, or Palutena will probably never make it back into the series without fan outcry.

Attached: Smash Reboot roster.jpg (3264x2744, 1.92M)

Tingle for smash

Regardless of how you feel about third parties, these 3 absolutely need to be in subsequent smash games

Attached: SuperSmashBros_PacMan.jpg (1280x720, 150K)

>>Keeping Mr G&W and IC, next game doesn’t need no retro reps, so let’s remove EB too.
>>keeping Mr G&W and R.O.B, the next game won’t have hardware reps
Where did this sudden hate for retro reps come from? They are the most unique characters in the roster and there is no reason to cut them.

>zombie ganondorf
Pretty damn based. No newcomers other than that is a shame though.

Cut/rebootfags need to die or just go back to their delusional shithole they came from.

Attached: angry doga.png (1000x1000, 227K)

Actually, Sakurai himself stated that, if they were to make an actual new game, it would require to cut two-thirds of the roster.
sourcegaming.info/2018/06/20/smash-is-special-part-1-sakurais-famitsu-column-vol-557/
This time, Sakurai went with a "semi-port" where they actually went with Smash For WiiU's engine and assets, with simple additions.
But if they ever decide to start from the ground again, it'll have cuts, that's certain.

Theoretically everyone would be a newcomer as they'd have completely reworked movesets, Ganondorf would just have a physical change, too.

Smash 4 was also a "semi-port"
Brawl was the last time they made every character from scratch

>who?
>no relevance to Nintendo and, despite everyone liking the original arcade game, little to no dedicated fanbase
Objectively, Sonic is the only one even close to a must have. Megaman could be replaced by another NES character like Ryu Hayabusa and PacMan, while a cool retro pull with a fun moveset, could get cut fairly quietly. Even Sonic could easily be replaced. Remember, Sonic fans will be primarily 40+ by the time the next Smash comes out.

...why add a probe from SC2? Like really why?

Get ready for lots of criticism and bullshit you won’t agree with which doesn’t bother me.

>Since this is a reboot it's focusing on massively revamping characters over new additions

There will be newcomers base game and that’s obvious

>>Attempted to keep all the core franchises represented with a fighter, the only cut in that department was Little Mac

Might be the only point I can agree with, even then Mac would represent the arcade era of Nintendo.

>Only kept one oddball rep, Mr. Game and Watch, as attempting to keep all of them or even some of them massively inflates the roster size, new ones and returning ones would be prime additions for future entries

First major criticism, i’d rather have none at all, a reboot has no time to prioritise a shitty oddball character, especially if it’s Mr G&W

>>Kept all the major fan demand characters, Sonic, Megaman, Bayonetta, Ridley, K. Rool, and Banjo and Kazooie as losing those would put a bad taste in the playerbases mouth and make the already hard sell of a smaller retooled roster even harder to sell

Sonic is obvious, megaman is 50/50, Pac-Man will mainly stay if namco develops the game which probably will happen, bayo might get in cause of Bayonetta 3, but she’s still 50/50... However I wouldn’t be so sure of banjo because he’s dlc, I’ve got a feeling no fighters pass characters will return next game, unless they’re dlc, I don’t think Microsoft will allow a character from them to be base game.

>>Replaced Falcondorf with Skeltal Ganon from BOTW 2, would change if that ends up not fitting once we know more about BOTW 2

I hope this happens.

I’m not going to get into the dlc.

Pic related is my personal version

I would replace the characters I cut with peach and Zelda I Doubt they would be cut.
Another FE character
Another Pokemon character.
^ these last two can kinda contradict my first point, if they were newcomers.

Don't cut Shulk.

Forgot to link pic

Attached: C87CBABC-1708-4203-9BF2-E2F01A67201F.jpg (1024x861, 158K)

It’s obvious common sense that a reboot wouldn’t prioritise them and they’d be cut, also most unique characters my fucking ass.

So do portfags, they’re the ones setting themselves up for disappointment.

>It’s obvious common sense that a reboot wouldn’t prioritise them
How exactly is that common sense?
>also most unique characters my fucking ass.
Name one other character that plays like G&W or ROB

basically anyone who's trying to guess the next smash when ultimate isn't even done with dlc is really friggin dumb.

There's no newcomer outside of Smash that can outweigh favored old characters leaving at this point. The game and it's marketing will focus on highlighting the redesigns to the mechanics of the game and the movesets of the characters, treating the reveals of each as a major deal with similar fanfare to newcomers now.

Mark my words. If the reboot comes to fruition you're getting at most 1-2 genuine newcomers in the base game.

A bunch of this other shit is retarded too
>Thinking that Sakurai will make a Smash game with no oddball characters
>Thinking Banjo and Kazooie would be hard to get when all parties involved have explicitly stated that it was an easy deal
>Bayonetta is a 50/50 when Nintendo is spearheading her series

So it's just you having a personal bias. Okay, zoomer.

Mr. Game and Watch is arguably THE most unique character in Smash.

I remember as a kid looking at the Brawl roster before I got the game, and Mr. G&W was the one who stood out to me the most. I thought he was like a mascot or something, I had no idea how he was a playable character.

What kind of shit childhood did you have that you never played Starcraft 64?

Agreed. If discussing the next Smash, ruminating on how characters will change rather than who gets added or removed is far more interesting. Characters like Mario, Samus, Toon Link, Ganondorf, and Kirby are somewhat overdue for a real change.

>Samus getting Morph Ball Mode as a mode change that changes her specials, size, and speed
>Toon Link using items exclusive to his games like the Deku Leaf or Skull Hammer
>Ganondorf moving further from being a Captain Falcon offshoot, gets some unique full-contact magic stuff

Stuff like that. Perhaps controversially, I think Kirby should switch from copying neutral specials of all fighters to getting a more generic power that changes his neutral special and maybe one other move. Fire for Mario or Bowser, Fighting for Mac or DK, PSI from Ness, Ice from Ice Climbers, Spark from Pikachu, etc. Even at 20 generic powers with 2 moves each that still only 40 moves compared to the 70+ he utilizes now, which would probably cut down on a lot of Kirby's debugging time.

Cutfags are mentally ill.

Attached: 1562395293561.png (838x1220, 2.03M)

I agree with everything but these

>Thinking that Sakurai will make a Smash game with no oddball characters

It will be prioritised in a reboot that they aren’t needed

>Thinking Banjo and Kazooie would be hard to get when all parties involved have explicitly stated that it was an easy deal

That is as dlc, who’s to say it’ll be easy to get him into a reboot, I don’t think he will, he’s dlc for a reason, to be a one off.

>Bayonetta is a 50/50 when Nintendo is spearheading her series

She’s most likely going to be in, but there’s also a chance they won’t.

No personal bias, just common sense for things to be prioritised in a reboot.

>Same autistic guy replying to everyone in the thread crying about old characters
My fucking sides, this is why Smash threads on Yea Forums are always good people watching.

>Mr. Game and Watch is arguably THE most unique character in Smash.

Oh fuck off, the most unique? What are you smoking?

>cutfags are mentally ill
>of course Gioorno will show up in Made in Heaven
OH NO NO NO NO NO
or more like at this point
>of course Joseph, Lisa Lisa, Kars, SuziQ, Holly, Polnareff, Josuke, Okuyasu, Koichi, Rohan, Yuya, Mikitaka, Tonio, Reimi, Yukako, Giorno, Mista, Fugo, and Trish will all return in Stone Ocean

not him but who do you think is the most unique character?

I know this is bait/shitposting but..
Top two rows are believable
Bottom two rows aren't
>Random unpopular legendary trio from an older game
>Kumatora but no Ness
>Spring Man
>Fatal Frame girl
>Literally who cares about Advance Wars
>Don't even know who the fuck the last person on the right is
>Chun-li but no Ryu
>Is that a touhou character in season 3 last slot

I like how half of this list is just thinly veiled waifufaggotry

go /out/side some more, you pathetic incel

>not trimming the fat in order to improve on outdated moveset of 64 and melee vets

>who
the absolute state of zoom zooms

There is absolutely no way that Dark Samus comes back but Ridley doesn't, neck yourself and never post this again

Attached: D-mgbsYW4AAji3Y.png (512x512, 260K)

>waah
>some one said that some random sidescroller from thirty years ago isn't very relevant anymore
If this was MvC, or whatever, maybe; but, Nintendo has no obligation to give third party retro reps a permanent slot. Megaman 2 is one of the better NES games but it could just as easily be replaced by Ninja Gaiden, Marble Madness, Bubble Bobble, or Excitebike

I agree with the Ridley situation, but some cutfags/rebootfags will probably post that picture again, after all for some bizarre reason fucking smash reboot threads seem to be a daily topic atm.

>Nintendo has no obligation to give third party retro reps a permanent slot.

I use this as evidence to prove why Konami might have no reps next game. Same could go for Capcom and hell even Microsoft/Rare

That's literally not what he said at all. He said, if they were to completely rework the game instead of building upon Smash 4, we wouldn't have 2/3 the roster we have now. He said nothing about cutting characters for the next game in any capacity. Stop lying to people, cutfag.

t.

Attached: ostritch.jpg (468x538, 104K)

Im not a cutfag but here is my take on a reboot roster.

Attached: reboot roster.png (480x220, 173K)

So true

How about this: keep all current franchises playable, but limit it to one character per franchise. Newcomers would all come from new franchises.
(Hero & Banjo go in Perfect Representation)

Attached: Representation.png (980x554, 864K)

What the fuck would a protoss probe even do? Mine you to death? Start the construction of a Photon cannon and see it get destroyed easily?

Have sex, your taste is shit

Besides 2 characters, I would still pick this up, feels like a brawl 2

>>Spring Man
What's wrong with him?

I see the logic behind this but i still don't see why there are 4 mario characters in a roster of 30. Drop yoshi so wario or feh can get a second rep. Drop game and watch for duck hunt or Wii fit since they would fit better as a hardware rep. Disagree with banjo making it back in a roster this small, especially when there's no Simon or ryu who are just objectively better.

Also, geno as a dlc rep over someone actually big from squeenix makes no sense to me. Rpg is a dead series from a franchise with plenty of reps. Let the stupid puppet go.

>I don't understand why Mario got the most reps in a Nintendo crossover
Then you are beyond help

You don't actually think ryu hayabusa is anywhere near as iconic as megaman do you?

Fucking terrible. That would stifle the one reason to play this game.

>Disagree with banjo making it back in a roster this small, especially when there's no Simon or ryu who are just objectively better.

All three are shit, hope they are the first third party to go next game.

Yes, but this is a crossover game. Mario does not need 4 reps, in a crossover game. Three is perfectly fair considering most franchises are getting 1. Look at the flak games like mvci got for giving mcu shit an unfair amount of roster spots just because they were more popular.

What's wrong with ryu and Simon? They're iconic, have unique movesets, great music, and cool stages. Literally the perfect newcomers. Literally who would be better?

>Look at the flak games like mvci got for giving mcu shit an unfair amount of roster spots just because they were more popular
That's not why they got flak for it tho. Its because people were mad the X-Men were removed because of executive and business medling even tho they were fan favorites.

Here is the Smash 6 roster

Attached: smash6.jpg (1216x551, 209K)

People were also mad that most of the roster was mcu instead of more obscure comic stuff.

>Mario
>Luigi
>Bowser
>4
???

It says right there it's to try and pacify people who care about Smash's roster. Trying to counterbalance the cut with getting one of the big fan favorites remaining

I don’t think third party companies need more than one franchise next game.

Again, no. People were angry that they removed fan favorites and replaced them with shittier versions like Ultron replacing Magneto. Another thing that made people mad was that there were barely any newcomers and most of the roster was recycled.

Good for you, it's never gonna happen though. Third parties are the series biggest draw at this point because Nintendo stopped producing iconic series with any regular consistency.

>Yoshi counts as a Mario rep
>But Wario? He obviously doesn't and should get more than 1 rep
Dumb trashleypedo

yikes

My version, idc that I’ve cut so many, there for certain won’t be that many 3rd party though.

Forgot the picture (again)

Attached: 2628DCD6-F25A-4BC7-88B1-38D6CF2A42A4.jpg (1024x464, 99K)

>People were angry that they removed fan favorites and replaced them with shittier characters

I can’t wait for this to happen with smash, imagine the salt.

tiermaker.com/create/my-smash-roster

>"Nintendo stopped producing iconic series with any regular consistency."
>Nintendo releases a new IP
>Literally every time Nintendo fans go WAAAAH THIS IS NOT MY CHILDHOOD, THIS IS TRASH. WHERE IS NEW METROID? WHERE IS NEW F -ZERO? WHEN MOTHER 3 PORT? WHERE IS NEW ZELDA?
Gee, I wonder why. Splatoon is the only exception because of the power of pedobait.

>Third parties are the series biggest draw at this point

You don’t know if it will be for the next game, neither do I, but something’s telling me that I won’t be. Most wanted first party will become the new biggest draw.

Nah it's because they're half-attempts bordering on shovelware like Sushi Strikers and Dillon's Rolling Western or never properly supported or promoted so that they can grow like Pushmo.

There are no big first parties left. There is no addition or set of additions to the game that can make up for the loss of the Ultimate roster. The next game will fail if it tries to focus on it's meager newcomer offering over game features and revamping mechanics and outdated character movesets.

Retaining the favorites will be more important to fans and buyers than any newcomer.

But what about ARMS? Sure, it wasn't like most other fighthan but the developers actually cared and it was a solid game and was on par with vanilla Splatoon 1. And what about DaemonXMachina? Game is coming out this years and its getting next to none traction because it ain't their favourite Nintendo childhood franchise. A lot of this IP's have potential but they can never reach it because the mayority of the fanbase just wants the same shit over and over.

Nobody wanted ARMS because it was a Wii era wagglan feverdream the majority of people just wanted to leave behind two Nintendo console ago and Daemon X Machina has had reception issues because it's demo runs and plays like trash.

You're ignoring that the Nintendo fanbase was perfectly receptive to Splatoon, actively want Retro to be creating a unique IP, praise creative uses of common IPs like Cadence of Hyrule and Mario + Rabbids and regularly ask for every dead Nintendo franchise to make a comeback. Your strawman is weak.

>There are no big first parties left

Oh but there is, even if you can’t accept them and call their fans, fags, they’ll have to get in one day.

>There is no addition or set of additions to the game that can make up for the loss of the Ultimate roster.

Maybe not to you, but for some others, there’s lots that could make up for it, for example...most wanted first party.

>The next game will fail if it tries to focus on it's meager newcomer offering over game features and revamping mechanics and outdated character movesets.

Agreed

>Retaining the favorites will be more important to fans and buyers than any newcomer.

Not all fans would be happy if certain favourites come back.

You're actually l, no meme, legitimately delusional if you think that Waluigi, Dixie Kong, and 3 shill picks can make up for losing the Ultimate roster, full stop.

I consider wario a spinoff, but his games legit have their own stories, a completely separate cast, and mechanics. Yoshi games use marios main cast and are not different enough for me to really consider it a spinoff.

>because it was a Wii era wagglan feverdream the
It was always said you could play without motion controls
>and Daemon X Machina has had reception issues because it's demo runs and plays like trash
And yet after they released a video saying all the improvements they made with the feedback of the demo the audience is still very small.
>You're ignoring that the Nintendo fanbase was perfectly receptive to Splatoon
Again, pedobait magic
>actively want Retro to be creating a unique IP
You mean when everyone was saying that what they were gonna do was Star Fox Racing? Because that ain't a new IP
>praise creative uses of common IPs like Cadence of Hyrule and Mario + Rabbids
Rabbids yes because they liked Soleani and it was literally just Xcom, many people still hated the rabbids tho and I've never heard anyone discuss Cadence of Hyrule.
>and regularly ask for every dead Nintendo franchise to make a comeback.
So they are basically asking for the same shit that they had before like I said they were? Glad you agree with me

Why? Also that doesn't explain Simon because he's a konami rep.

I don't know a single person outside of this board who wants geno. I know waluigi fags. I know funky kong fags but not a single geno fan. I'm pretty sure that Geno simply wouldn't pacify people mad that we lost fucking snake

Yeah and I'm sure you definitely didn't say this exact sorta shit about Ridley, Rool, and Banjo before their inclusion.

>keeping Lucina
>adding another fast sword FE character
>KANTOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>Dark Samus over Ridley
>Kumatora over Ness or Lucas
>Ice Climbers still there for some reason
Chain chomp is kinda funny, but only because it shits on the guy asking for king boo.

>Piranha Plant
>FE
>Jigglypuff
>3 Links
I can go on

Why do retards want Lyn so bad? Another fucking sword user from FE. Why not a fucking mage, manakete? a fucking mounted unit?

Of course it does, Simon is cut, snake stays as the Konami.....no nevermind, we get the Konami rep we deserve, bomberman.

Because waifufags

Of course the Bomberman autist is the one making these unpleasant threads

The most JUSTed man on the board.

My favorite part of these is the reminder of just how weeb the average poster is here. All those newcomers are so fucking stupid. Don’t even get me started on that dlc

But i didn't. I wanted ridley and krool because they're based. Didn't care for banjo but knew people who loved him

>I wanted ridley and krool because they're based
So you are just a bandwagoner? Got it.

The ones in the first tier are who I consider absolutely essential to a reboot. The only bit of bias is keeping Lucina alongside Marth, because I main Lucina. But I think she would be okay as a pallete swap considering Awakening's popularity and she's best girl so whatever. Next few tiers speak for themselves. Honestly considering there are only 23 unique characters in the first tier, that combined with some newcomers from the on the fence and should be in tier would be a great roster of 40ish. It's also roughly organized by how much I think that each character deserves a spot in the reboot/ popularity, but I don't know everything about every franchise I listed. Absolutely open to feedback, because I'm honestly not a cutfag, but coming up with a reboot roster was just fun.

Attached: my-smash-roster-1563221634.png (936x1563, 2.44M)

>No Ridley or Rool
You and anyone else who wants this can eat twelve dicks laced with razor blades.

Not very good desu
>Kumatora? If there’s one series rep it should be Ness
>Tom Nook instead of the villager
>removing Robin for Tipless Marth
>removing Corrin
I don’t like her but fuck she’s got a good moveset
>tingle

I’m not even that guy, but I feel like Konami should have a mascot looking rep over a human character.

But castlevania has better everything than booberman . Better characters, music and move set

I had to hide this so i could stop cringing.

But that’s your opinion, as times gone in I’ve personally started to find castlevania to become less deserving, same for street fighter and square only because they’re stingy.

>smash 6 rolls around the corner
>everyone is back
>comes with a big chunk of newcomers, with a good balance of boomer and zoomer picks

Attached: 1542368220512.jpg (1073x1209, 539K)

Fuck off, portfag.

RIDICULE ALL ROSTERS WITHOUT SNAKE

IF YOU CUT SNAKE, YOU FUCKED UP

IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHY SNAKE IS NECESSARY, YOU ARE EITHER
A. A ZOOMER
B. A NINTENDO ONLY GAMER (so, uncultured)
C. BAD AT SMASH
D. ALL OF THE ABOVE

SNAKE IS THE FIRST GUEST, THE BEST GUEST, AND THE GUEST WHO MATTERS MOST.

RETARDS

Good man.

Attached: 1549406874845.jpg (1010x1200, 351K)

Htf has street fighter become less deserving?

Well damn, at least tell me why you think it's bad, or worse than any of the other trash in this thread, and if you're talking about the would be based part, that shit is a meme dude.

and fuck off too, cutnigger
i'm glad sakurai is the one making the game and not you retards

Attached: 1531855926379.png (666x708, 938K)

Fuck snake, he was cut before, he’ll be cut again with the Belmont’s.

All three fully evolved starters is a fucking stupid idea that shows the person cares more about PATTERNS than actual game design.

Squirtle/Ivysaur/Charizard keeps them to a theme while using the one out of each of the three that can be most naturally applied to a moveset within the context of Smash, keeps them varied AND represents the most popular.

All three fully evolved drops literally every other positive (variety, popularity, applicableness to Smash) in favour of just pushing the theme slightly more specifically.

Sakurai will be doing cuts next game and not a trashy port.

It’s probably all the fucking characters and the position you have put some of them is laughable, i shouldn’t need to give examples as the should be obvious.

who are you trying to fool? nintendo will just sell you a $60 port of ultimate for their next console and you'll buy it and defend it like it's a new game.

Idk honestly, but imo it doesn’t belong in smash as much as it used too.

I won’t I’ll refuse to buy it and will rant about it everyday on this board.

There will be cuts, but it probably won't be scorched earth-tier.
It's no different from something like KOF, where Boss Team, Orochi Team, Rugal, etc show up in Dream Match games but haven't been in a canon entry since their respective games though XV might be a canon Dream Match/Everyone is Here

Incineroar is a great addition. The only reason anyone would be salty about them is because they're a whiny bitch who doesn't like modern Pokemon and can't seperate that from his inclusion in Smash. That or a Grinch fag that never got over it.

Incineroar's moveset and personality are incredibly well realized in Smash, bringing across the heel wrestler concept wonderfully with all his unique post-hit taunts and in general the brutalness of animations like a well timed Alolan Whip or a Back or Up Throw.

His moveset is unique among the roster, mixing a new form of "counter" that lets him make big momentum swings with a grappler moveset not only fits the heel wrestler theme but is very satisfying to play. His moveset is also extremely faithful to his origin game, not only taking from the signature moves he has, but also the moves one might associate with him that aren't necessarily just his.

His games are multimillion sellers and solely the two major releases (Sun/Moon and UltraSun/UltraMoon) he's been in have outsold various entire franchises that have multiple reps like Star Fox and Metroid. The Pokemon audience, which obviously has extreme overlap with Smash, absolutely 100% recognises him.

He's unique mechanically (as much as the 70th character to be added to a roster can be), visually, thematically and is in a game that reasonably deserves a rep. There is literally no valid reason to consider Incineroar a bad inclusion. Every other reason is just "I don't want more Pokemon" or "I don't like that barafags like him" or some shit.

incineroar is really fun to play as and is just really unique, even as a shillmon
reddit dog on the other hand

Smash 4 was garbage and cutting Snake was a major factor why. Even if you don't care about Snake as a character (which would mean you have shit taste btw), his playstyle is far too important to ever drop from Smash. He's one of the few trap-style characters and also one of the few Smash characters that requires a non-standard skillset to play competently. He is the definition of Patrician's Choice, and never forget the crowd reaction he got back at his E3 Brawl reveal (which you were probably in Elementary School for you fucking zoomer). Snake brought the hype that NOT A SINGLE CHARACTER has ever replicated, because Snake broke the ceiling that ushered in modern roster picks. Snake made the infiltration, never forget motherfucker.

Attached: 1559719260971.png (520x549, 225K)

>All these characters
I literally have 23 characters I think would need to be in the base game. the fact that you refuse to list example make me think you're just trolling.

Barring Plasma Wraith being an actual fighter for some reason, Gooigi being a shitty meme that i guarantee will be forgotten 2 months after LM3 releases, and Jill Valentine being unfitting, this is a pretty good roster. The only huge flaw is

>THE MOST PROFITABLE AND VALUED IP IN THE WORLD
>ONLY HAS 3 REPS
>THEY'RE ALL FROM THE SAME GEN

Pikachu and Pokemon Trainer are the only Gen 1 reps that we need. Pokemon is a huge franchise, but we need more Gen Reps. Having one for each gen is too much, but at least keep Greninja or Lucario because they're the most popular new Pokemon. Add Deoxys because it's well liked and the form shifts could make for an interesting mechanic.

Attached: 1445825833904.jpg (200x219, 10K)

The ones you want on base game are perfect, I’m on about why you had to put so many on a tier list rather than just creating a roster with those who you think will be base game.

i'm a pac-man guy, but i do respect you, snakebro
i feel the same for rosters with no wario or pac-man

Attached: 1558574444236.jpg (225x225, 11K)

For discussion, since I feel base game should have at least 10 more characters and a couple of DLC packs. I couldn't decide that by myself tho so I posted the whole thing.

I don't disagree, but Metal Gear is a finished franchise, and Snake is not exactly the most iconic video game character although he is definitely popular. I just don't see why he would be a must have in a reboot.

Plasm wraith is set to be a reoccurring character in the pikmin series.

Attached: EB90F66D-40D8-4CA5-8D8C-F5F5FFA645AD.jpg (2481x3041, 1.11M)

I don't expect this and I wouldn't want people to lose their characters but I thought fuck it I'll mess with the idea.
So here is a "reboot" or whatever you wanna call it for smash, no 3rd parties edition.
I cheated though and fused some characters back into one slot
If there were dlc I would add 10 more 3rd party only characters

Attached: Screenshot (12).png (1111x617, 570K)

And what should replace it., in your opinion? Also please don't tell me you're that Pacman/Sonic guy who insists that all other 3rd parties are bloat

>Smash 4 was garbage and cutting Snake was a major factor why.

Lies.

>Even if you don't care about Snake as a character (which would mean you have shit taste btw), his playstyle is far too important to ever drop from Smash.

I have shit taste then, you really think I give a fuck about a characters playstyle, half the characters play the fucking same.

>Snake brought the hype that NOT A SINGLE CHARACTER has ever replicated

Most third party characters have, the second third party character, sonic, literally fucking did.

>Snake broke the ceiling that ushered in modern roster picks

Just because you’re the first guest character, doesn’t mean you’re in for life, his absence in smash 4 proved this.

Deal with it, Konami will probably be cut next game.

>cuts are inevitable
>so let's pretend half of the roster is going to be cut instead of just a few 3rd parties and some clones

>Chun Li
Such heavy delusion.

Yeah just over 30 characters is good, but let’s not get into dlc yet.

Well I won’t be able to help you decide, we would only end up disagreeing.

>Gooigi being a shitty meme that i guarantee will be forgotten 2 months after LM3 releases
I gurantee you Gooigi wil be a racer in the next Mario Kart so that Luigi can have his own "Metal Mario like" variant.

This

It would be a terrible decision. We only need 1 Pikmin rep due to how small it’s playerbase is!

Nigga gooigi is being shilled as the new second main character of luigi’s mansion. He’s not going anywhere. He’s already been in two games now.

That’s trash

Based, Wario and Pac-Man are also essentials

Smash is about vidya history, not about pushing active franchises (unless you're Fire Emblem). Cloud was not relevant when he got into Smash 4, but people still celebrated because Cloud is such an icon. The same thinking applies to Banjo. Snake is an icon in more than one way, beside being an iconic character in his own right, he also represents the stealth genre and the history of early Sony. Snake is essential when it comes to video game history, and on that basis alone deserves his Smash spot. He's also the first guest, which is a historic moment in of itself.

t.Sm4sh baby

Your own post should tell you why your opinion doesn't matter. You don't even give a shit about playstyles in a versus game. And no, other characters have not brought the hype Snake did. Not only was it a shock that Smash had a guest at all, it was insane that it was a character from a traditionally Sony franchise and also an M-Rated game. Snake broke multiple barriers simultaneously, and shook the internet apart in a pre-social media age. You had to be there, and you clearly were not.

Attached: zelda_2_now_that_was_a_shitty_game.jpg (570x676, 96K)

how so

Lmfao ;) IT’S ME! I NEVER MISS A REBOOT THREAD.

You’ve probably caught my drift so my answer is obvious.... MOST WANTED FIRST PARTY! ;)

>muh playerbase
Nigga the series is about to get it’s 5th game and it’s a big main nintendo miyamoto series. It deserves another character.

>get the most comprehensive cast ever
>regarded by everyone as a historic milestone for games

>contrarians on Yea Forums now want to cut characters

You people are a bunch of retards.

Lol I know, that's the fun. Like I said I don't take this Cutfag stuff seriously at all, just like to debate

Need I remind you that it’s only because Sakurai and kojima are buds, If they weren’t it probably would have been someone else who got the hype snake got...oh wait it did...sonic crashed the internet, snake crashed e3, should be obvious which was bigger. FACE IT...SNAKE IS TECHNICALLY SAKUBIAS LIKE JOKER.

You are my ultimate enemy

>cut Ridley
No buy.

Attached: 1397601194040.png (490x401, 253K)

Why do all "REBOOT LOL" rosters suck shit?

Now this is just one retarded post.

Because you’re a portfag

Allow me to introduce myself. I’m a faggot/retard (according to other people) who believes that the NES shit and G&W will be cut next game.

snake should've been in 4 and every subsequent game just because he was 1st

Where is the announcement.........i’m Waiting......still waiting.......didn’t the 3ds game flop anyway?

I look forward to our many many many many many battles. One will win, one will lose,

thank you for introducing yourself faggot/retard
why will NES stuff and G&W get cut?

Pikmin 4 was in development at the same time, and 3 took a long time too, so it’s still coming.

Snake crashed both fool. Sonic was a great moment but he only re-treaded the road that Snake had paved. If you think Snake is Sakubias you're simply not old enough to be having this discussion. Metal Gear Solid had just wrapped up it's own golden age around the time he was revealed for Smash, that momentum translated to his reveal and it was massive. For Sonic, it was more like Smash saving him from his current dark age, which was great, but does not compare.

Attached: 1447061374441.jpg (450x338, 19K)

How is it, pikmin should have gotten it’s second rep in smash 4 or ultimate...wait it did...motherfucking Alph, like him or hate him, alt or not, he’s your second pikmin rep.

Here is the objectively best outcome for a pointlessly limited veteran roster
>fire emblem
didn't say it was realistic
>but big link
whatever dude, same character

Attached: cutn.png (1376x334, 368K)

Stfu, being first means nothing, his absence in smash 4 proved it!

One of the priorities in a smash reboot should be removing any Oddball picks, because it’s a waste to work on them, for most wanted first party characters.

This is my opinion, don’t accept it, nobody else has and nobody will, i actually enjoy it though, feels good to be different, the one that nobody respects ;)

>he should have been in 4
>he wasn't!
ok good observation dude

No fuck that image! It’s terrible.

Looks like Bowser Jr. counts as 8 mario reps

It's objectively great, very good spread of franchises represented. Hundreds agree.

;)

;)

ok fag

As do I

Fuck all the third party though! :-< they won’t be that many next smash, you delinquent!

>muh portfags

>All that waifufaggotry
>Kumatora over Ness or Lucas under any circumstances

Where are the newcomers? Also fuck DQ hero, Give us an actual good Squeenix rep

;)

;)

;)

>1. Mario
>2. Luigi (Unlockable)
>3. Bowser
>4. Peach
>5. Yoshi
>6. Wario (Unlockable)
>7. Link
>8. Zelda
>9. Ganondorf (Unlockable)
>10. Pikachu
>11. Mewtwo (Unlockable)
>12. Charizard
>13. Kirby
>14. DDD
>15. Meta Knight (Unlockable)
>16. Samus
>17. Ridley (Unlockable)
>18. DK
>19. Diddy (Unlockable)
>20. Inkling
>21. Fox
>22. Olimar (Unlockable)
>23. Captain Falcon (Unlockable)
>24. Ness (Unlockable)
>25. Marth (Unlockable)
>26. Little Mac
>27. Ice Climbers (Unlockable)
>28. Villager
>29. R.O.B. (Unlockable)
>30. Sonic (Unlockable)
>31. Mega Man
>32. Ryu (Unlockable)
>33. Simon Belmont
>34. Pac-Man (Unlockable)

would main regis.

Get rid of IC, R.O.B, megaman, ryu and Simon and I’ll take it

Smash is unironically about the characters, and Inceleroar is a shitty one. If Smash were a game whose roster was entirely comprised of Miis, you wouldn't give a shit about it. Therefore "how it plays" is hardly an argument in its favor. Give the good moveset to an actual good character instead

Attached: 1512099683305.jpg (744x855, 221K)