Does this emulate well?

Does this emulate well?

Attached: s-l640.jpg (440x640, 71K)

Other urls found in this thread:

u17105801.ctfile.com/dir/17105801-27775508-df070b/34723263/
amazon.com/Panlong-Converter-Adapter-Output-Monitor/dp/B00D875R5K
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Emulate the 3DS version with orchestral and uncensored patch.That's the definitive version.
Don't listen to people seething.

3DS version vastly outperforms the PS2 version in content and quality of life changes.

As people said 3DS is the way to go. But if you really want to play the PS2 version the only issue I remember people talking about is how there's a problem regarding shadows which against a certain boss you need to see them to know what to do.

Alright, fair enough. Will do. I have a hacked 3DS so that works.

Don’t listen to these fucks.
The PS2 versions emulates just fine, you’ll just have to put up with the text being a little funky.
It’s worth it for the superior visuals, music and VA.

>emulating 2 screen systems
Have fun squinting

>thinking you need to look at both screens at once

Attached: CCDB5C7A-6426-4386-ABCB-B996DEB303E8.gif (275x400, 34K)

>He plays in native resolution

Attached: 21.gif (355x201, 2.99M)

Shadows were fixed literally like 4 years ago on OpenGL renderer.

Yes, also don't fall for 3DS meme.
The new """content""" is just a bunch of fetch quests and photo mode, also they censored it, removed orchestral music and redubbed Jessica because they didn't want to pay the original stage actress and replaced her with a talentless literally who D-lister straight from the street.

Best way to play this game would be
>JP subs
>English audio
>Orchestral soundtrack

As it stands I don't know if this exact combination can be played at this time.

And less content, playable characters and random encounters.
At the end of the day it comes down to what you prefer. I would never trade in the visible encounters for the PS2 version.

It can't, what you want is basically a dub mod for JP 3DS version.

Yeah... the definitive version...

Attached: file.png (417x488, 407K)

>definitive version
top kek...

No it isn't. The minor additional content doesn't make up for the lack of the original's gorgeous graphics.

>Shadows were fixed literally like 4 years ago on OpenGL renderer.
I don't keep up with that shit

The 3DS version looks like shit, even if it's upscaled.
But it does have more QoL and fun features, so take your pick.

Either way, I just got done playing DQVIII on PCSX2 maybe a few days ago, I can vouch that it emulates near perfectly.
SW rendering is perfect, but it can't be upscaled.
HW rendering has a few quirks to be aware of though;
Water will glitch on occasion if you use a internal res beyond 2x. But 2x still looks pretty good compared to 1x.
Enable HW hacks and use Skipdraw 1 or 2 to fix shadows, this will become important at a very specific point in the game when you have to chase a shadow.
In HW hacks still, enable Round Sprite on Half, this will fix text having some garbage on it.

uhhh
which one is ps2
uhhh

Bottom, in case you are serious.
The 3DS has a map on the touchscreen, so no need for the compass.

Just finished on 3DS with the mod and it's really the best way, user.
Played the PS2 version last year and in the beggining the downgraded visuals were a thing, but after 1 hour, all was good.
The new content and QoL changes makes the 3DS version the superior one, patched, of course.

Yeah, not sure if the map is the big difference I'm noticing! How does the phone look in comparison?

Literally too stupid to emulate, all you had to do was use OpenGL renderer and enable the accuracy options.

3DS is a port of the phone version IIRC

Nope, the phone version is a port of the PS2 version.
It lacks the aditional content of 3DS.

>Visible shadow still there for the trees they removed

Attached: Breen_upset.jpg (620x819, 354K)

3DS port was entirely new
It copied some features from the older phone port like instant alchemy though.

The 3DS version has aggressive pop-in.

Just seeing if it's worth shilling out 15 bucks. My PC hasn't shipped from my old place yet.

Jesus, don't need to be a cock about it.
Just poped open PCSX2, flipped on opengl without any hw hacks, and while it does fix the shadows, the text is still borked and now there's some weird line on the right side of the screen.
The water seems fixed though as well unless I open a menu then it flickers for a bit as it opens.

Attached: ss.png (1600x900, 1.52M)

And yes, the accuracy option was on full.

I don't know, user.
I've heard that all the DQ games on mobile are not bad at all, if you're ok playing in a phone.

Be warned that Squeenix never updates their phone ports for compatibility. A lot of their shit from the early smartphone days does not work on current devices.

How are they in comparison to their FF ports?

No. All the DQ ports are really good, but VIII is the huge exception. You can barely see shit on the phone (not even sure if it supports horizontal mode) and trying to control the camera, while walking or interacting with NPCs or other stuff is a huge pain in the ass.
I wouldn't even play it for free.
If you have android you can try pirating it to see what I mean.

Cunt that's the one I wanted to play.

the bottom one still looks better than pokemon SS

Just emulate it if you don't have a 3DS. PS2 doesn't take any crazy hardware to emulate these days.

I've only got a macbook with me atm. Rig is across the ocean.

god this looks hideous. looks much better on real hardware.

I recommend DQ5 then.

Don't you have an Android device?

/vr/ called, it wants it's 'low res is better because your brain can fill in the blanks' meme back.

Yeah, but I can't emulate it on that, right?

Content is more important then visuals you fucking shit for brains

HAHAHAHAHAHAH

>minor
Get the fuck out shitposter

Imagine tolerating half the entire screen looking like utter puke just so you can see how low poly everything is

>playing dragon quest for visuals
Shittains like you are the problem with this board

You can play the mobile version for free.

Every complaint you have is fixed via a simple patch.

Imagine tolerating most of the entire screen looking like a blur unless you sit fuckall distance away from the monitor.

I can't fucking post today. God damn it.

Waht's a good APK site?

>also they censored it, removed orchestral music and redubbed Jessica because they didn't want to pay the original stage actress and replaced her with a talentless literally who D-lister straight from the street.
You can play the 3DS port uncensored, undubbed and with the orchestral music intact.

Nah the 3ds version is too easy.
PS2 version is king.

>Imagine tolerating most of the entire screen looking like a blur
use inputs better than RF or composite. Also stop using LCDs for standard def you simp.

Why the fuck would you want to play the phone version

Play the PS2 version because it's so much better looking and not as easy.

Watch the 3DS ending on youtube and pretend you married Jessica when you are done.

You are correct

3DS version has more content then just a new ending you fucking dolt

I've seen the text issue on other games. Try half-checking the texture filter option or full-checking it to see if that helps.

New dungeons in the 3ds version are of the same quality as the dungeons in DQXI.
Meaning they suck.

Isn't it better suited for the tiny ass screen?

>Praising quality of life

Lol these casuals

Attached: tumblr_nyqjhqnIFc1v0pigno1_500.jpg (500x483, 80K)

The blur comes from upscaling 720p. The different formats/inputs of video won't do jack against that.
I mean obviously component looks better than composite, but there's still some natural blur from upscaling.
Then of course if you get a screen that fits the resolution alright, you still have to deal with that fact it's fucking 720p in the first place and doesn't look nearly as sharp as higher res.
Though, there are ways of making PS2s output 1080p I guess.

Literally the worst version

You've got shitty phone controls, and you dont even have the excuse of the new content which is exclusive to 3DS

Follow the quote chain back a bit you silly goose, I already pointed that out.

It's one straightforward dungeon about the same as the one on the cursed island, and then a boss rush.

>Not wanting quality of life
Being a masochist doesn't make you cool

Instant alchemy pot alone makes the 3DS version more worth it. Who the fuck thought having to wait for each item you crafted was a good fucking idea.

Right, but how the hell am I gonna see the PS2 version on my android screen? I don't have a phone to monitor cable.

how hard is it to use a crt you dunce
>Though, there are ways of making PS2s output 1080p I guess.
there's not holy shit you idiot stick to your broken emulation

The PS2 version is already jam packed with content, and the 3DS version looks like absolute shit.

When was the last time you played Dragon Quest 2 NES?

Attached: sun crest.png (1080x945, 650K)

Oh. Don't mind me then.

Attached: 374.gif (500x205, 499K)

>People think getting to play as Morrie and Red is good content
>People think Deborah is a good addition to V

Attached: Cute CUTE.jpg (1106x1657, 110K)

Im saying the play the version of the game with more content

Don't play the PS2/Android version

The 3DS version looks fine you cherry picking tard. I have no idea how you can actually advocate against the version with more characters, endings, dungeons, and qol changes.

>there's not holy shit you idiot stick to your broken emulation
Alright now you're not even bothering to google.
A softmodded PS2 can force the internal res to 1080p on a chunk of games, I know because I fucking have one.

also
>crt
No thanks, I'd rather not have a constant buzzing in the background and occasionally be able to see the screen flicker.

>People think getting to play as Morrie and Red is good content
They are
>People think Deborah is a good addition to V
She is the best choosable wife, so yes.

gsmode switch doesn't change internal rendering resolution and the ps2 flat out doesn't support 1080p, only up to 1080i and only in about 4 games.
>I know because I fucking have one.
clearly you don't know a thing about the shit you have then
>No thanks
enjoy your games look far worse than mine I guess

>Im saying the play the version of the game with more content
>Don't play the PS2/Android version
Why the fuck would I play the 3DS version? It looks like dogshit. I'd have to be a total fucking retard to ever listen to you. Nevermind!

>minor
Yeah two new party members, a Jessica ending, new gear, equipment that changes character skins, photo missions, unique plus world map monsters, and a ramped up boss refight dungeon are "minor" additions. I'll admit that the 3DS has some heavy downgrades to fit it into the system but once you're going with it, it's hard to put down. The only nagging issue is the soundtrack but that's not because of the downgrade but because Koichi Sugiyama is a giant fucking asshole who needs to die as soon as possible.

Attached: WVW69kFUuTACps4vq_thumb.jpg (404x244, 41K)

Pfft, enjoy fanwankery diluting the feeling of closeness with the original characters that the stories were crafted around

Attached: 1c9.png (462x1050, 327K)

Is the VA good?

Same difficulty, you've already been BTFO'd by that one user. Did you ever give him his 20 bucks?

The retarded shit you read on here, laughing my fucking ass off

It's fine; fits in with the cheesy world of Dragon Quest like always

>Why the fuck would I play the 3DS version?
Two extra characters
More story scenes were added
Extra ending
Extra Dungeons
Alchemy pot is now instant
Alchemy pot can now make multiples of the same item
Enemies on map
Fast forward mode that speeds up battle animations
New monster arena challenges
New Costumes
New Recipes
New Equipment
New Monsters
>b-but the visuals arent as good
Brainlet

Visuals arent why you play Dragon Quest

>The only nagging issue is the soundtrack
Which can be fixed easily via modding

>Same difficulty
>Metal slime farming has been completely butchered
Yeah nah

Sounds casual as fuck my dude.

>play the version with more content is retarded
The retarded shit you read on here, laughing my fucking ass off

>getting more game is casual
In what fucking universe

>>Metal slime farming has been completely butchered
How?

The VA is exactly the same sans Jessica. It was redubbed because of the new scenes.
You're right but I'm a scrub who bought it and played it on a New 3DS.

You could just not grind. Making it faster to break the level curve isn't making the game any easier, enemies have the same stats and they actually made Rhapthorne harder.

All the new stuff is shit.

3DS version if you're a Fortnite zoomer.
PS2 version if you're a boomer.

You can just turn the camera around in areas until metal slimes appear.

>more characters
>better alchemy pot
>more story
>faster battles
>shit
Fucking

HOW

AM I BEING BAITED?

You mean you no longer have to spend 20 hours hoping that you'll get Kings on the Slime Hill and you're actually able to kill them before they run away because of Red? What a fucking travesty of game design.
Yeah we get it the 3DS version blew your asshole out and you gotta take it out on anons wanting to play VIII. How about you fuck off now?
Yes.

Right, but they're adding SHIT into an almost perfect game already. And they're making it look shit as a cost?

Am I speaking to Masuda from GameFreak or something?

>but they're adding SHIT into an almost perfect game already.
You literally haven't explained why any of the new content is bad other then "its shit lol"

What a dumb comparison, if it was Gamefreak they'd be removing features

I don't see an issue with that. I tried using Yangus's whistling in DG and it has been inconsistent as fuck. Makes getting to Lv80 easier since Memories Lane is ballcrushingly difficult

VIII PS2 was in no way "almost perfect". The entire post-game was a mess of having to sacrifice BiS items to the alchemy pot and farming Kings for way too long. We're not Masuda because you stapled rose-tinted glasses to your face.

My only gripe with 3DS version of DQ8 is that new party members make poor Yangus absolutely obsolete.

>sacrifice BiS items to the alchemy pot
And how long did it take for said items to cook in the alchemy pot

>Not running Hero, Angelo, Yangus, Red

IIRC the only real sacrifice you would have to make is a Sun Crown for a second Timbrel of Tension
Yangus' best Club requires his best Axe but
>>>>>Using Clubs

Play the 3ds version if you can tolerate the added content not being anywhere near the same level as the vanilla content. Also monsters being visible on the field makes the game a cakewalk.

There's reasons to switch em all in and out, even in the Memory Lane bullshit rush. Morrie is straight up busted though.

Have you alchemy the Metal king spear to get the Metal king boomerang. Nothing major but it always seriously irked me that I couldn't have a full collection of BiS weapons for every character.

Oh yeah, that
Not much of a use for boomerangs if you went all in on Spears imo.

The super Saiyan look of Max tension is still US PS2 version exclusive isn't it

Attached: dragon_quest_viii_sc9.jpg (630x473, 41K)

Yeah, still exclusive. Not sure why Square Enix didn't keep the change despite Toriyama throwing it in for the niche audience in the US

Yeah, it isn't in the 3DS version. Even as a younger fan of Dragon Ball I always thought the reference was out of place.
I know that but it's more the "I want to complete the collection" aspect rather than the usability aspect.

Fuck whoever came up with 180 alchemy recipies.

>The 3DS adds retarded shit that's so low in quality it fucked the code and split the fanbase
>They don't even add in the cool Super Saiyan Rose.

>I always thought the reference was out of place.
It sure as fuck didn't help the "Everyone looks like copy of someone from Dragon Ball" malarkey

>The 3DS adds retarded shit that's so low in quality it fucked the code and split the fanbase
No one actually complains about the added content in the 3DS version, thats just shitposters

Stop living in a bubble. You're replying to someone that doesn't like the added content either.

Im sure you didn't even bother playing the 3DS version for longer then a few hours

I mean, alright?

DQ8 was censored on 3DS? What did they do?

Yes but the game is incredibly mediocre.

I think it's meant to be a gag. Like a fun nudge at the fact Toriyama is so well known for Dragonball.

The japs changed one outfit

A change most people don't see because most people play with with orchestral/uncensor patch

No

Its really not

A ton of people use it as an actual knock against the series and actually act like EVERY character is ripped right from Dragon Ball

Censored Jessica's outfits, sexy stuff in general and altered some scenes. No hand stabbing or forced dog food eating scenes anymore.

The earlier DQ games are great ports, but DQ8 is notoriously bad. I don't know if it runs better on newer phones, but I'd still only get this one if portability is your highest priority.

>split the fanbase
Are you high? No one is torn on the new content except PS2 cultists and Hero x Medea fags.

>Censored Jessica's outfits, sexy stuff in general
Don't over exaggerate

It was one singular outfit

Think you responded to the wrong guy bro

>Hero x Medea fags.
To be fair Jessica is a shit character that doesn't have anything going for her besides her design

She is a complete killjoy

Why do people hate him?

Attached: sugiyama-12.jpg (700x598, 176K)

Yeah. Sorry about that, guv.

It’s a pissing Dragon Quest game how deep do you think these characters can be? I’ll take a sexy sorceress over a fucking pony any day.

it was in pal version as well though

Because he is the goat

Is there a way to get the uncensored and orchestral patch unto a legitimate DQ8 3DS cart? Or is hacking the 3DS the only way?

Game cartridges are read-only so no

>It’s a pissing Dragon Quest game how deep do you think these characters can be? I’ll take a sexy sorceress over a fucking pony any day.
Im not asking for a deep character asshole

Im asking for likable ones. I don't care how hot your character is, once they become annoying bitches thats becomes more important then how that makes my dick feel.

jessica is ugly af imo so I don't care much for. all other features are dlc/ng+ tier, not warranting a re-release with shittier visuals.

Attached: 1559193677497.jpg (640x360, 43K)

You could try injecting it into your SD card, but straight up hacking is much easier

Well look at this little runt. A real woman is too much for him to handle, apparently

>is there a way to use illegitimate content on this legitimate version of the game
Stop asking dumb questions

Also 3DS is super easy to emulate now with Citra.

>PS2 game
>DLC

Bitch =/= Real woman

You sound like one of those tards that love Yukari in P3 because she is "Realistic"

Jessica goes out of her way several times to suck the joy out of situations. Actively telling the crew to stop enjoying small victories because "REEEEEEEEEEEEE MY BROTHERS KILLER!!!!"

>muh visuals
>When talking about Emulating a game
How to spot a braindead consolewarrior

>Muh gwafix!
It’s a generic 16-bit RPG world blown up in to 3D and makes the game a slog to traverse until you get the sabrecat. Visible overworld encounters make the 3DS port infinitely superior.

For anybody that's looking to emulate the 3DS version: the game is pretty damn laggy on the overworld unless you have a pretty strong pc. You can download an unofficial build though. This is what I've been using: u17105801.ctfile.com/dir/17105801-27775508-df070b/34723263/
You should download the generic_sandbox version. If you need the rom go to 3DSISO they have the uncensored+orchestral patch version of the game available.

God the top looks like shit. How can anyone honestly play this version?

>Jessica
>A bitch
Someone’s mom clearly never gave him a cuddle.

>Enjoy small victories when the world is still in danger
She’s the motherly figure of the group and keeps everyone focused on the bigger picture. She’s arguably the second best character in the game, right after Yangus.

>notwhati'mimplying.jpg

those extra's are weak/not good enough to make me want to re-buy the game. Good for a first-timer who doesn't care about hideous visual down-grades.

Give the game another replay

>Enjoy small victories when the world is still in danger
>The world
She doesn't care about the world. She only cares about killing her brother's murder

Jessica isn't a motherly figure at all in the slightest

>playable Red isn't a good enough reason
Out

What's with Square Enix and making "definitive" versions of games on weaker hardware with graphical downgrades?

Congrats you fell for the visuals meme

To separate the weak from the chaff

Because the DS line has always printed money.

They put games on the most popular system at the time and that's often handhelds, what's hard to figure out?
DQ8 was on the PS2 because the PS2 was popular
DQ8 remake was on the 3DS because the 3DS was popular
DQ11 was on the PS4 first because PS4 is popular
etc

>ITT people literally caring more about graphics and visuals than gameplay and content
What the fuck.

Japs arent autistic about visuals like everyone else is

nu-Yea Forums in a nutshell

>game releases with a distinctive art style
>LEL lets rerelease it and made it look objectively worse
Why do Nintendies defend this shit?

This is what ive been saying this whole time

You don't play Dragon Quest for fucking graphics you retarded nigger

Content>Visuals

>distinctive
Holy shit. Are you fucking for real?

>game releases with a distinctive art style
The art style didn't change you mong

You don't play anything on a shitty handheld for visuals

Attached: c28.png (996x868, 599K)

I played a few jrpgs with enemies visibly in the overworld and you had to dodge them or else you would get in combat. I just cant go back to completely random encounters anymore

But what if the added content is also bad and changed some core gameplay feature to make the game way easier?

You don’t play PS2 games for visuals, either.
>480i

The remake has that
Only a few areas are so narrow that you can't dodge through

I can handle random encounters because I grew up playing rpgs with them but visible encounters are always better.

Nintendies need easier games.

Sure is a good thing that isnt the case with DQVIII

the 3ds remake? cool maybe ill try it sometime

The added content is great.
>Way easier
Don’t be hyperbolic. The game wasn’t hard to begin with and you aren’t forced to grind metal slimes. If anything, the visible enemies on the overworld make low level runs more viable.

>DQ11 was on the PS4 first because PS4 is popular
No. The development for the switch version started first but due to the tablet's limitations and lack of experience by Enix the other version released before.

Yep. It added a couple side dungeons and extra party members too.

>PS2 cucks seething their interlaced shit slab lost another exclusive
Feels good to be a GameCube chad tbqh.

I think it was also in an attempt to make the entire series playable on the 3DS.
Dragon Quest I-III were released together with XI on the 3DS, VII and VIII got a remake, X is streamable and IV-VI and IX are on the DS.
I remember an interview were Yuji Horii mentioned that was a goal to achieve to make the whole series accesable from a modern platform.

why are people saying they want IX remake then?

>Why do people want a remake of a game that loses most of its content once you can't play it multiplayer
Gee Billy I wonder

WHEN ARE THEY GOING TO BRING THIS TO THE SWITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope they make it look like dogshit on switch cos it doesnt matter.

Fuck off faggot nincel, don't think i don't remember you and your ilk in re4 threads way back calling the gc version the best because of some fucking chickens and a couple other worthless shit. And your faggot asses are still doing it today with the pii version.

They could literally just port the same straight out with the same visuals, just uprezzed and I wouldn't care.

I just want to be able to play the game with people online

>Fuck off faggot nincel
>wanting a version of the game with more content makes me a nintendo drone
Excuse me what?

I don't even have a strong allegiance any one console

Idort master race

Attached: +_93071929b58ccae336955e5ef8c5fa52[1].png (1366x768, 161K)

Does the GC version have more content? Then its the best version. The console its on doesn't matter faglord, the content does. I don't even like, or care about RE4.

Why do you niggers always have to make everything about console wars.

I didn’t know facing bosses underleveled made the game easier. You can avoid those too, right?
>Gets btfo’d the entire thread and tries to derail with gay shit
Pathetic and retarded.

I see you bitch, you can't fool me.

What?

He’s off his meds. Don’t pay attention to him.

Literally who plays Dragon Quest for the fucking graphics?

Attached: dragon quest ix.gif (205x305, 1.53M)

I wonder how good you could make IX when you upscale the visuals

I played DQVIII upon release and I thought the gameplay was pretty dull. The random fights were just a mindless chore and the boss fights weren't particularly interesting either. The best part of the game was the visuals, it was neat to explore the colorful world and jessica was hot. I definitely liked it more than any previous DQ game.

I'm thinking of playing DQXI now or maybe replaying VIII. Does XI have more strategic gameplay? What's the dungeon design like in comparison?

There's a hard mode, but all in all, it's not that much different.

DQ isnt for you

Maybe stay far away

DQ XI is piss easy with it's normal difficulty. You can play on hard mode but literally all it boils down to is grinding more or getting good boss RNG. There is no such thing as strategy in these games. You either get lucky during a boss fight or grind enough that it doesn't matter if the boss uses his bullshit moves.

>Kill the game's aesthetic and soundtrack for a few new monsters and censorship! It's worth it!
Funny how Nintendies sperg out over Majora's Mask remade for a few subtle changes but are okay with DQ8 being completely butchered on handheld. Like I get if you want to play it on 3DS or on the go but how could you recommend anyone emulate the 3DS version over the original, superior game?

t. brainlet
Most bosses have a status weakness like how Cpt. Crow in DQVIII is weak to Jessica's charm attacks, which interrupts his Psyche Up spam.
DQXI has a difficulty option that caps your level based on story progress (and it tends to be on the low side) so you actually have to strategize.

>Kill the game's aesthetic
The aesthetic is the artstyle which is still intact
>soundtrack/censorship
Can be modded out

>just new monsters!
See everything in

that's a stupid question because there's only 1 PS2 emulator, PCSX2, and it sucks and will always suck. Most games are playable from start to finish but there isn't one that plays without issues like textures or shadows disappearing or completely random frame-rate dips even on the best hardware.

There are emulators for the GameCube, Wii and Wii U that started much later and are way better than that PCSX2 in every fucking way. In fact, even RPCS3, which is a PS3 emultor, is waaaaayyyy better and smoother than PCSX2.

Attached: 234235.jpg (355x265, 29K)

Yes, but it doesn't play well cuz the game is shit

>PCSX2, and it sucks and will always suck.
PCSX2 is a good emulator

Get a better PC

>there isn't one that plays without issues like textures or shadows disappearing or completely random frame-rate dips even on the best hardware.
t. has only fully emulated a few games

Most every game with any kind of problem can be fixed just by changing one setting

I'm fine with MM3D aesthetically. The things that suck dick about it are zora swimming, ice arrow changes, and boss changes. Plus there is next to no new content like DQ8 a game that still looks closer to the original than MM3D does. Dumb shit.

I forgot about then option to speed up battles.
I can’t imagine playing 8 at default speed desu. Talk about a fucking slog.

>Filler content is better! Who cares if it looks and runs like shit! Who'd want to play the original over a broken android port?

Attached: file.png (1013x324, 513K)

95% of issues with PCSX2 can be solved by fucking with settings
Only thing I've seen personally that I haven't been able to solve is the sound bug in Super Robot Wars MX where the first half second of every voice line gets repeated

>more characters
>better alchemy pot
>faster battles
>filler content
Are you touched in the head?

The 3DS version isn't based on the android port

Stop spreading misinformation

Yes 2 filler characters and some quality of life changes doesn't excuse everything else about it

Oh so you're just shitposting

Carry on

If the alchemy pot is instant doesn't that mean you have unlimited money?

By everything you mean the graphics? Lmao get fucked Snoyboy.

Wow, that actually looks terrible. I was leaning more toward the 3DS version but side-by-side, I can see just how drastically worse the game looks. I think I will be going with PS2.

Attached: SergeantMajorGross (pondering).png (631x559, 445K)

No because if you sell too much of the same item its value goes down. Supply and demand, you know.

The picture on the left is the Android port, user is a retard

The base game already had measures against that, if you sell an item you can make from the pot too much its value will go down.

Actually it's not, it's from a comparison video on youtube. I just cropped out the border they added.

Attached: file.png (1024x415, 672K)

Objectively incorrect. Dragon Quest 8 was meant and designed as a big console title played on TV. The large scope world, the beautiful soundtrack and the overarching story with voiced party members and NPCs.

If you emulate it the game looks absolutely stunning and the music sounds amazing trough nice speakers. Playing DQ8 that way is one of my favorite JRPG experiences. Handheld cucks will never experience truly immersive quality or any quality at all.

>If you emulate it the game looks absolutely stunning
Nigger it's a PS2 game. One of the better looking PS2 games sure but it's not such a huge loss. The extra characters are great and Memory Lane is a good challenge if you want some total bullshit thrown at you.
t. played both instead of crying on a liliputian bondage forum

Man thats so cool

I never noticed that

>One of the better looking PS2 games sure but it's not such a huge loss.
>Not a huge loss
If you unironically think that then you're lying about having played both.

Attached: file.png (1181x335, 617K)

>designed
>beautiful soundtrack
The soundtrack it was "designed" with was different then the version you played. The orchestral version was english only

Sorry I'm not bawling like a bitch over some textures? It's a good game in 480i and it's a good game in 240p, and you've been crying about this shit ever since the remake was announced I'm sure.

One of the core concepts of the original game was that there are only 3 party members next to the hero. This is something very unusual to do for Dragon Quest ever since they introduced being able to recruit more party members than there are slots.

It's obvious why they did it, that way you always have everyone that is able to fight and travelling with you in combat. It's not immersive when people are not fighting that are travelling with you. There is no extra weight, you are 4 people, one unit. You just grow extra bonds with those party members. Two unique looking NPCs which were made party members is something for the retarded handheld audience which doesn't care at all about immersive gameplay since they play something as garbage as a handheld to begin with. Not to mention we are talking about something as shitty as JRPG party members and not Devil May Cry characters. The party in the original fullfilled all jobs that were necessary, there was never a need for NPCs with unique looking models to become party members.

Obviously

This nigs are still using the same images even to shit on the 3DS version

Notice they never actually talk about the new content either, just visuals. And if they do talk about new content they don't go further then "its shit".

3ds version is better

>Two unique looking NPCs which were made party members is something for the retarded handheld audience
Red always felt like she was supposed to be playable. She always felt like cut content.

Not to mention you don’t get them till near the end of the game/post-game. Retards complaining about the 3DS content clearly haven’t played it.

Have sex

works good on my ps2 slim

So this is the argumentative power of the 3DS audience.

3DS is the worse version. The visuals are atrocious. Let's not pretend you're playing Dragon Quest for the thrilling RPG mechanics.

How to spot a VIII-only nigger. What the fuck did you play all the prior games for?

Please stop using this shitty Yea Forums meme

>Let's not pretend you're playing Dragon Quest for the thrilling RPG mechanics.
DRAGON QUEST ISNT SOMETHING YOU PLAY FOR VISUALS

Fucking this

VIII is my favorite game but the VIII-onlies are the fucking worst

Please get the fuck out

Dragon Quest VI showed why just the Dragon Quest core mechanics along with all the traditions that the series can offer are just not enough to make a good JRPG.

Dragon Quest V showed that the thing that makes a Dragon Quest game great is something unique that can't be found in other JRPGs.

DQ8 is very light on RPG mechanics. It doesn't have a job system or other things found in previous games.

In the PS2 era, there were tons of more complex JRPGs like Nocturne. DQ8s selling points were its beautiful OST and visuals.

You dont go to DQ for complex rpg mechanics

You're missing the point entirely faggot

Exactly. You don't go to DQ for RPG mechanics. Which is why the 3DS version is worse.

He is not wrong, retard. The quality of life features along with extra party members are a far weaker addition than you would think because the simplicity of the original was already perfectly beautiful.

>You don't go to DQ for complex RPG mechanics
Yes, this is why the 3DS version is worse than the PS2 version

I've been playing it on my OnePlus 7 Pro and it plays wonderfully. No hiccups. Inputs are very thoughtful for one-handed use. It's pretty great if you don't intend on playing horizontally or with a controller.

Attached: Screenshot_20190715-120144.jpg (1440x3120, 1.24M)

no
You're comparing apples to oranges

Battle systems are mechanics

More content is not.

Just checked to compare but its amazing what you can do just by uprezzing the models.

You literally don't need to touch any aspect of IX besides uprezzing it for a modern port

Attached: dqix.webm (967x734, 2.08M)

The original already had the perfect amount of content.

It's funny because they put absolutely no effort into the port but gave you some useless shit and a new waifu ending because they knew that would be more than enough for retards to eat it up.

>saying no to more content
What the absolute fuck is wrong with nu-Yea Forums

What the the hell happened to this place

People, LITERALLY, prioritizing graphics over content because
>nostalgia
>consolewar faggotry

Because I'm not retarded. Dragon Quest 8 is already 60 hours long just to beat and probably around 80 doing all the content. The post game content also is absolutely perfect and rounds up the game nicely.

Because of retards like you developers don't give a fuck and create garbage content like pretty all the side content in FFX.

>The original already had the perfect amount of content
According to who?

>Useless shit
Increasing the battle speed, making enemies visible on the overworld, and making the alchemy pot instant are not useless additions. The original game was a slog, and the 3DS port made a lot of great improvements to help mitigate the problems that came with Dragon Quest’s first jump into a truly 3D world.

Be completely honest faggot

Did you even play the 3DS version of VIII

>gave you some useless shit and a new waifu ending because they knew that would be more than enough for retards to eat it up.
That's exactly what they did with V and Yea Forums touts it as the best game in the series
Also why the fuck would you be opposed to new content? I'd sooner play VIII 3DS than a 4k port of the original version that I've already played

Attached: Dragon.Quest.V.full.184992.jpg (827x832, 600K)

Stay far away from DQ VII

>That's exactly what they did with V and Yea Forums touts it as the best game in the series
Fag don't pretend waifus are the only reason everyone loves V the most

I did and it bothers me that the only content that matters, the post game dungeons were at the end of the game because I got bored before getting to them.

I also am getting quite bored by Dragon Quest VI at the moment. The game is so fucking bland and the job system is one of the worst I have ever seen.

>LITERALLY
Yes faggot. I prioritize the game preserving the environments and overall aesthetic the artists worked hard to do on weak PS2 hardware over a butchered port that probably could've looked just as good as the original had they put in any effort and optimized it. Not to mention it has a better soundtrack and uncensored content. So yes, I LITERALLY prefer the original if I'm going to be emulating or playing it on a TV/Desktop. Port is alright on the go though.

So you're an ADD zoomer with no patience that shouldn't be playing Dragon Quest

Got it

>Not to mention it has a better soundtrack and uncensored content.
Which can be patched into the 3DS version

I don't think the trees were removed. I think it's terrible draw distance that makes them invisible and once you get close enough they pop in. The 3DS remake of 7 is similar.

PCX2 Runs dragon quest 8 perfectly! I am about 50 hours in but stuck at the moment!

That's good but secondary to the main drawback. If the modders restore the actual textures/geometry of the environments it would be better.

no random encounters completely ruin dragon quest games and dungeons. takes away all the tenseness and having to be prepared and bring items. everyone who says other wise is a casual zoomer fuck

Attached: dds.jpg (450x350, 14K)

So you just asked your question with the expectation to spin the additional information I gave you into some narrative. Wow, truly have I never seen that move on Yea Forums. Amazing rhetoric, not expected at all. Brilliant.

You’re still going to have to fight them, unless you want to be horribly underleveled when you reach bosses. Also you can’t unrun a lot of enemies and they’re hard to avoid dungeons.

Didn't prove me wrong

if entire forests just phase in when you come within 10 feet of them then they would've been better off removing them completely.

>having to be prepared and bring items
If you play smart you never need items

>it has some extra content so it's better than the original :)

Attached: MM3D.png (900x335, 622K)

>Content is more important
Which got censored.

Mechanically MM3D is inferior to the original, but that same isn’t true for the 3DS port of DQ8. The additional content is just the cherry on top.

I feel like DQ7/8's remakes did it well enough with how they are usually placed in ways that you cant skip them in dungeons. DQ11's method was shit

How is this game worse than the original? Genuinely curious.

This is truly a day of refreshing and unexpected responses. It's as if the rhetoric power of Yea Forums hits me all at once. How can I stand against this power? How can any human being even begin to dream about having any chance? I didn't prove him wrong, all the heavens have backed his claim and yet I dare to be foolish enough to question it? No, I forfeit. No human should interfere in the battle of gods.

Only thing you pointed out is you're a massive fucking autist who can't get over two incredibly minuscule things in favor of massive improvements over everything else.

Zora link swims like normal link, needs magic to do the fast swim
Geometry is different in some areas. One notable example is a stray fairy in snowhead not being obtainable the same way it was in the original because the jump is impossible. You have to tediously glide down the temple as Deku link to get it where the first game just required a jump from a certain platform
Deku link can't spin and then hop on water to go farther
The bosses were changes for the worse. Specifically Odalwa. Also have stupid looking eyes as obvious weak points now
Game is brighter and doesn't quite the original atmosphere

There are plenty more but those are the main issues

>this one port was bad so this means the other port is also!
excuse me what

Thank you I've never beaten the original because I was a dumbfuck kid, so it was the only version I've really played.

No, she didn't. She was just another part of Yangus' past we never really get to see. The only past event we need to know about him is how the full event of the bridge crossing happened because it related to the Hero. That and he came from Pickham.

Yangus got his own side game as a child to answer all the Red questions anyway. She was always supposed to be the one that got away from Yangus, was inspirational to him as a child that he looked up to but now that he is a grown man on his own he sees her not as an idol anymore, but just as a part of growing up.

Almost every change to the 3DS version feels like it was added externally by people that fundamentally did not understand DQ as a whole, or 8 specifically.

Which one of these bad boys should I pick up first?

Attached: Screenshot_20190715-142620.png (1440x2880, 812K)

IV is objectively the only superior version there.

Attached: Screenshot_22.png (470x353, 353K)

fuck 3ds its fugly as shit
avoid

I really hate this thumbnail but the guy is pretty clear and concise with his reasoning and isn't an obnoxious retard about it, which is rare for youtubers.

Wahhh! Wahhh!

This. Yangus was essentially a grown child in his 40s that resisting growing up and being a man. By meeting the Guv and sticking by his side Yangus grows up thru the course of the game.
Red is supposed to symbolize that last vestige of comfort he harbors inside of his childlike view of the world. When you meet her in the game that is when Yangus definitively realizes he has grown into his own man. What was once the perfect woman for him in his mind is now solidified as the fancy of a child.
Not dissimilar to Bangers and Mash with Jessica. Not dissimilar to Angelo and the Abbot.
The entire game was about growing up and realizing the things you fantasized about as a child were childish, but they hold a special place in forming the adult you are now.

Red just joining up with you undoes all of Yangus' character growth and runs contrary to themes you see for EVERY character in the game.
Red joining - wish fulfillment BS
Marrying Jessica - wish fulfillment BS

The same faggots will ruin 11 when the Switch version comes out and they bust a nut over marrying Jade, a literal cumdump for monsters. They from a conceptual level don't understand DQ. They think they do, but they don't.

None of them

1-3 are best on snes

Play the DS versions of 4-6

7-8 on 3ds

Get over yourself, sport. It’s a video game; it’s not that deep.

Holy fuck are you reading into what clearly isnt there

Stop getting high off your own farts

>Who cares if the port is mechanically better the original tells the paper-thin story better!
Autism desu.

I always thought the no party chat argument in IV was weaksauce. Then I played DQH2 and fell in love with Meena and Maya and the way they acted.
Realized I needed alot more of them in my life.

luddite non-arguments.
You act like stories don't have themes and that a consistent one isn't preferable. Eat shit.

You invented a theme that wasn't there

PS2 is a truly unique experience and much more immersive.

3DS is just another Dragon Quest game.

The theme is there thru the entire game. Remember the king that was sobbing over his dead wife. He was living in a fanciful childish version of what a king should be. He grows up.
Same with Charmles.
Same with Jessica.
Same with Angelo.
Same with Marchello.

Every character change or growth present in the game is the character acting like a petulant child into adulthood until the Hero comes along and shows them how childish it is and they grow the fuck up.

You missing that over the course of 100 hours is extremely telling.

If your only argument for one version being better is the presentation of its Saturday morning OVA-tier story, you shouldn’t be calling an entire userbase retarded. Most people who prefer the 3DS port do so for the improved gameplay, not the story. I haven’t seen anyone argue that Jessica and Red’s changes in the story didn’t feel out of place.

>Ice town is literally about an upset child getting revenge on adults for not understanding his broken child feelings
It is all over the game.

And your defending a version that said they need to make DQ for people that don't like DQ as it is. Tourists and newcomers don't really hold weight when enthusiasts are bickering.

What the fuck does this even mean

No one gives a fuck

I think the instant alchemy pot is a change that alone ruins the feel of the game.

And yet you respond. I notice your bullshit became really curt and smarmy once someone actually discussing the game started posting.
You have no arguments left. Just kill yourself.

Imagine being this fucking retard.

You got blown the fuck out m8. He actually played the game and thought about what was happening instead of complainging about quality of life additions.

>I think the instant alchemy pot is a change that alone ruins the feel of the game.
What the actual fuck

>implying Dragon Quest 6 is good

>emulates like absolute shit
>can't play it on a console, HDTVs make PS2 games look fuzzy/blurry and washed out as fuck even with component cables
>never got ported to anything else like VP1
>series is dead so it'll never be ported or remastered anyway
It fucking hurts, how the fuck do I play it properly?

Attached: VP2.jpg (704x1000, 98K)

Look back to his posts faggot

He didnt even reach the new content

>literally all but OP's reply are seething
Hey, bud, can you hook me up with winning lottery numbers since you're currently calling it?

when you go full retard

Attached: 1507282178409.jpg (1678x1883, 299K)

amazon.com/Panlong-Converter-Adapter-Output-Monitor/dp/B00D875R5K

get a fucking CRT.

If you conceptually don't understand how someone would prefer to work for his reward, even slightly, I don't know what to tell you.
Making a second Timbrel of Tension or making the Sage's Stone felt like real additions to my arsenal. And waiting an hour while I dungeon delved was fine.
It turning into a vending machine robs all of that.

DQ games have perfect timegates for you the player to internally think about and actuate yourself. The alchemy pot facilitated that feeling that has existed since 1.

>for people who don’t like DQ as it is
Source?

top isn't original hardware, both shots are from emulators

coping

How would I reach new content on a game I didn't play. I don't need to play it to know they missed the themes of the game wholesale. The fact they were added run contrary to the themes. I don't need to experience them to get this. It is apparent from the outset.

Prove it.

Attached: real idiot.jpg (960x540, 32K)

there was no widescreen support for VIII out of the box.
The FFXII demo had it strangely, but the actual game didn't support it natively.

Walking around for a set distance isn’t rewarding, it’s mindless busywork.

Acquiring the materials needed to create items is working for my reward, walking around isn’t.

I wasn't walking around aimlessly. You have to walk to the dungeon. You have to walk to the unique monsters, you have to walk to explore the world.
You do all this while playing the game.
You do enjoy playing the game right user?
You don't just enjoy skinner boxes right user?

>there was no widescreen support for VIII out of the box.
but there was.

>PS2 version is better because it wastes your time
based retard

It isn't proper widescreen. Its terribly upscaled. That is why the top image looks so insanely blurry.

Try playing the game without moving your character.

Yes it does.

>>If you conceptually don't understand how someone would prefer to work for his reward, even slightly, I don't know what to tell you
And getting the needed items to get your reward ISNT work putting the work in?

I’d rather play the game with the items I need immediately than having to wait some arbitrary amount of time for “immersion”.

Even if that's true, which it's now, what's the problem?

Attached: pcsx2 2019-07-15 13-01-44-91.png (956x538, 170K)

PS2 version doesnt have a 5 second load for every fight

No because meaningless fluff like wait times truly add to the game’s immersion. I wouldn’t expect a brainlet retard dumb poopyhead Nincel to understand that.

People advocating the 3DS version and saying its better than the original are on par with people saying woman's soccer is just the same as men's soccer.
It just isn't. Yours is inferior.
I'm glad you enjoyed it, but it isn't even on the same level as the original. They went out of their way to remove all actual incentive to actually play the game.

Its like being forced to wrestle a guy with no legs and saying it was just like a normal match. It clearly wasn't and you are deluding yourself.

The battles just last three times longer on PS2 lol.

its upscaled. That is why the top image looked even more blurry than it really was. The image was disingenuous.

ps2 doesn't have screenshot functionality, no aritfacting from a capture device, black borders is an emulation bug

he's still coping

faster battle speeds more than make up for that

>Two false equivalencies
>One blatant lie
>Zero compelling arguments
Sad!

>visuals over gameplay

Attached: 1490156921139.jpg (467x470, 111K)

I like how no one in this thread has been able to provide a legitimate argument for why the PS2 version is superior other than "muh grafix"

It would look more blurry on PS2 mate, and you were already caught lying so your posts are what are disingenous.

>black borders is an emulation bug
The state of your delusion.

Attached: pcsx2 2016-11-04 01-00-52-79.png (1920x1080, 2.36M)

how is stating facts and pointing out jewish behavior coping?
The game wasn't capable of proper upscaling. I don't know why you'd be so upset at someone pointing out that fact in response to your terrible low hanging fruit image meant to spread disinfo.

The graphics are immensely important for the game. It's a trade-off between some added content which doesn't affect the fact it's a 100+ hour game, for vastly superior visuals throughout. Anyone with taste would pick visuals, autists might replay the game for the additional content in the ugly portable version.

Ummm WAIT TIMES
PROPER STORY TELLING OF GRADESCHOOL LITERATURE
And SONY is BETTER than SHITENDO

shadows seem bit light there.

But user! 3 second load times for battle!(which is easily more then offset by faster battles) But censorship and worse music!(which can be patched into the 3DS version). But having to wait an hour to get one item from the alchemy post is immersive!

I bet you're the type of person that plays Dwarf Fortress with a tileset.

>which doesn't affect the fact it's a 100+ hour game,
>faster battles
>not having to wait on alchemy pot
>not effecting the game time
Imagine being this delusional.

You aren't pointing out any behaviors user I was seeing if you knew what you were talking about and you aren't. There's no difference in emulating the game or playing it on a PS2 except emulation doesn't have 10 year long loading screens.

It upscales as perfectly as any games does too.

Attached: pcsx2 2016-12-24 04-01-54-81.jpg (1920x1080, 202K)

When I stand on a hillock and look out into the distance at the wilderness, a big selling point of the game, I want to see a vast wilderness. Not empty landscape that they couldn't even recolor to remove shadows from assets that now don't exist.
And I enjoy playing it on a screen that isn't 3 fucking inches large.
And I enjoy the story of 4 close allies saving the world
And I enjoy the laizze faire meandering pace of the game
And I enjoy hearing the ding of the Alchemy pot as I'm riding my sabercat to the casino.
And I enjoy the actual hunt for metal slimes in DQ and always have. I hated how 9 let me just autoscroll til I get one. I want it to be a surprise.
And I just hate jaggies on 3ds games.

>there's mediocre extra content and some QoL so that justifies them literally raping the game's visuals and atmosphere!
Until they make an uncensored Switch port with all the 3DS content added in, I don't give a shit about being able to play as Morrie

>PS2 has battles as fast as you want, you can even disable battles
>turbo mode as much as you want
Okay so you want to play the game less instead of more now? PCSX2 has you covered.

Attached: pcsx2 2015-07-04 00-21-23-17.jpg (1920x1080, 155K)

>And I enjoy playing it on a screen that isn't 3 fucking inches large.
>And I just hate jaggies on 3ds games.
Emulation

If it was just original PS2 vs 3DS then 3DS would be a strong contender but the emulated version where you can raise the internal resolution to 4k is just stunningly beautiful. Not to mention that you can fast forward on emulator too along with other quality of life features.

out of the box on original hardware the upscaling was literally done with a flawed system because widescreen compatible CRTS were not a household thing yet.
So the upscaling was done incorrectly which affects the image. Which is bad any way you slice it.
You probably think interlacing looks just as good as progressive scan too.

Needing to play with that fucked up 3DS slide pad is reason enough to never touch that piece of shit. If I play a JRPG I want a comfortable controller.

But why would I emulate a version that made QoL changes that I just don't like?
I'm not a graphics fag like the rest of them. The shitty graphics are a problem but I really don't like the changes they made to the game non-graphic-wise even more.

>I got bored of this game so developers should stop putting in extra post-game content where it's not most convenient specifically made for me and only me, pathetic developers should know exactly at what time I get bored of a game and exactly what type of content I deem worthy instead of expecting me to beat the game to get to the post game content and who thought of putting post game content at the end dumb fucks it's not like post game means post the ending or something lol dumb devs

Nice bug on the borders, not present on original hardware.
>It would look more blurry on PS2
it's not blurry at all interestingly enough

god that looks like shit blown up to 1080p.

>I don't care about art and music, I just want more hours of grinding to fill my meaningless life
Unironically kill yourself

The only DQ game where post-game content mattered at all and wasn't complete fanservice was XI because it wasn't even really post-game stuff.

Here's an actual pic of dq8 on ps2. It's not GREAT but not nearly as bad as that comparison makes it look. I'm guessing the top image is actually emulated but i dont know for sure.

Attached: dqviii.jpg (3992x2994, 3.87M)

Video games aren’t art.

Holy shit these handheld cucks are annoying. These 3ds ports suck ass, get over it already.

>game adds more content
>LOL YOU JUST LIKE GRINDING
kill yourself

Even just base PS2 looks a lot better but yeah.

I just wanted to make you look dumb and I think I succeeded.

What...?

>I write a badly constructed greentext

oh lord

>not a CRT
stop shitposting.

emulater niggers are always so illiterate

play on a crt
>I'm guessing the top image is actually emulated but i dont know for sure.
yeah, it's emulated.

What bug and how is the PS2 version not blurry lol. You're fucking nuts.

I played through DQ8 on ps2 with a CRT a few months ago and it doesn't look like that awful shit.

You think you made me look dumb because you think all widescreen support was done the same, in 2004, before widescreen was a household option?

>not present on original hardware.
it is there on ps2 hardware but tv overscan hides it. but it's true that ps2 emulation gives nice bullshots. there will be hundreds of smaller issues around every corner like sprites scaling wrong or like in that picture, shadows not rendering properly.

What makes someone stop enjoying video games and settle for a small 240p screen I wonder.

What version is the iOS one

Should I get it on my phone?

lcd and component doesnt do justice. crt and composite looks alright.

You said the option wasn't there and it was. You look dumb.

The game already had tons of content, lack of content was not a complaint anyone had about it. Adding some low quality DLC tier extra stuff is not a positive.

The way text is always misaligned and you can see the character box per letter is enough to make me never try emulation.

>Yea Forums is one person
I just said the upscaling was shit and it was.

no

This argument can go both ways too you know. Random encounters could also be seen as a detriment for difficulty because it forces players to fight, thus over-leveling you when you are just exploring. It also directly puts you more in control for difficulty. You could play the entire game choosing only to go into 1 or 2 encounters and making it harder, similar to zero xp gain items. Forcing players to level up through random encounters can be seen as "casual" as well if you follow my thought process. Either way, we both know zoomers can't stand turn based combat to begin with because it takes too long.

The game emulates perfectly.

PS2 and no. It is notoriously shitty among the DQ community.

>running isn't an option in combat

You keep telling yourself that.

>perfectly
>smudgy misaligned text everywhere. In a jrpg.

You couldn't follow replies and called others dumb. Your opinions are null and void.

>The game already had tons of content
Doesn't mean more isn't welcomed you absolute waste of breath

>press f9 to solve any nitpick you have and get your PS2 version
Why are you arguing?

Nah that's basically how you sound. Like a huge faggot complaining about post game content that comes inconveniently to you at a time when you got bored of the game. And this content you deem as "the only worthwhile content" is post game content you find, unsurprisingly, at the end of the game.
>Because of retards like you developers don't give a fuck and create garbage content like pretty all the side content in FFX.
The funny thing is that extra content is completely up to you. It doesn't even hurt the game. As you put it, the original already had a "perfect" amount and you got bored before even reaching the post game content. What's the issue exactly? That it doesn't come conveniently at a time you want and it isn't worthy of existence because only you deem it so? Hence, read my greentext.

you need to set TC X offset value to something specific to fix the text but I cant remember. it's just ridiculously shit to setup and when you think everything is ironed out some other visual error pops up. you have to be full in denial to call it perfect.

Running from every fight is tedious as hell.

Yes I could, you're the one who jumped into the conversation. That or you're just samefagging which is likely.

Attached: pcsx2 2016-11-04 00-53-26-80.png (1920x1080, 2.7M)

>smudgy misaligned text everywhere. In a jrpg.
Works on my machine.

Is the start of the game supposed to be so boring?
Feels like I need to grind for an eternity before the first cave.

that's the entire game

So the extra content is only worthy and improves on the original because you say so? Alright.

when the new content is riddled with thematically mismatched stuff and takes away from what was initially there in the form of the actual fucking landscape, yeah it isn't always welcome.

This game isn't for you

Hahahahahahahaha How The Fuck Is Caring About Screen Size And Resolution Real Hahahaha Nigga Just Hold The Screen Closer To Your Face Like Nigga Open Your Eyes Haha

This is like saying that the Baldur's Gate "enhanced editions" are better than the original games because the porting studio added in some fanfiction-tier quests involving tranny NPCs.

>B-B-BUT IT'S MORE CONTENT!!!! HOW CAN THAT POSSIBLY BE A BAD THING?!?!

Again, kill yourself

>running isn't an option in combat
Not nearly as in control and you know it. I can't begin to tell you how many times I've over-leveled in a JRPGs just by exploring areas. Being able to avoid it to begin with is better than just running every fight and losing resources/based on RNG.

I just jumped in and said the upscaling was shitty. And you thought I was someone else while calling people dumb.
You had a litany of people calling you a retard. You just want to think its one person to make yourself feel good.

>samefag grasping at straws

Attached: pcsx2 2018-08-15 07-12-43-42.jpg (1920x1080, 305K)

>I can't tell you how many times I did something stupid and had full agency the entire time.
uh huh, tell me more.
When the game has a specific type of monster specifically designed to jump you levels, but is rare and unexpected, being able to pick and choose when they appear is just dumb. It takes away from the game in ways I don't think you can conceptually wrap your head around.

DQVIII babbies are bickering again

>spends 8 posts accusing him of samefagging instead of proving it
fucking clown shoes man. Put up or shut up.

Yes, because the content is there for the people that play it. It's a win win for all parties involved. Players that want the extra content, it is there for them. Players that don't, won't go through it anyway. And hey, surprise, it's post game so it doesn't even affect your little main story. The only way it's not an improvement is if you don't want the extra content and are a little selfish bitch cunt like you, who wants developers to cater only to you and no one else. You said the content was perfect in the original correct? The 3DS is all original content + extra (for anyone that does not want it remaining completely unaffected). Seems liek an objective improvement to me.

I don’t think you can wrap your head around not abusing the camera mechanics.

>I want absolute control over every aspect of danger or mitigation of it. Thats what adventuring is all about right?
The entire point of the games just flew over your head.
DQ is a risk assessment simulator with an old asian man asking how much risk you'd feel comfortable with.
You answered "none."

>all he's doing is screeching about the best way to play the game
>obviously samefagging because he has no actual points

>still shitposts instead of proving it
fucking kek

>specific type of monster specifically designed to jump you levels, but is rare and unexpected, being able to pick and choose when they appear is just dumb
So remove that type of monster or only make that type of monster be a random encounter. This is your problem. You view it as an extreme everything or nothing at all. I'm just trying to argue that both systems have negatives and positives, but being a centrist always gets you fucked in this faggot ass website.

Where is my option to play with much superior visuals then, faggot? But your all inclusive bullshit already breaks apart, right? Because you don't care about better graphics, you don't care about better resolution. Since you don't care it doesn't matter, right? Fuck off, retard.

This guy is purely running on "SOUL VS SOULLESS, NEW THING BAD, OLD THING GOOD".

Both systems have negative and positives yes. The negatives of the 3ds version far outweigh the positives.

In your opinion.

Ahem

I'll say it one more time kiddies

VISUALS

ARENT

THE REASON

YOU PLAY

DRAGON QUEST

Literally the only person who actually understands dragon quest in the entire thread.

Fucking hell retard you moved goal posts. We were talking about extra content being an objective improvement and all of a sudden you are talking about fucking graphics. Is your brain damaged?

I cant take emu faggots seriously because they probably turn off speed limiter to grind and also use save states mid dungeons.

So...
VI remake when?

Attached: dragon-quest-vi-large_1b.jpg (779x600, 269K)

>DQ is a risk assessment simulator
Come the fuck on nigger

You're completely acting like the risk stays there when you're overleveled and overgeared

Dragon Quest has always been a casual JRPG series meant to appeal to the masses. Neither of you understand shit.

>or make it a random encounter
which is what the PS2 version did and is why it is superior in that regard.
The 3ds version destroyed the metal slime aspect of a dragon quest game. How do you not see how shit that is?

Then explain why you play it. 8 on the 3ds tonally destroyed many of the things DQ is specifically known for. THe things that set it apart from the rest of the genre. It destroyed them.

Nah, not to me. And the original post I replied to, which I don't know if it was you or you butted in, was about zoomers specifically. And I already gave my argument why it can be seen as casualized from the other side.

>I cant take emu faggots seriously because they probably turn off speed limiter to grind and also use save states mid dungeons.

Found the virgin

But extra content isn't objectively an improvement.

Dragon Quest 8 is the first where you do. You may not notice on the 240p screen but the developers made DQ8 differently to the other DQ games before it.
I don't care about the extra content but I don't have the option to play the original content along with the superior graphics which is objectively a downgrade to me.

Metal Slimes are still “random” unless you abuse the camera to spawn them and are incredibly fast and hard to catch. They did them justice in the port, barring once technical shortcoming which is easily avoided.

>I can't take people who value their time seriously
Meanwhile there are grown men playing this game on a 3DS.

>8 on the 3ds tonally destroyed many of the things DQ is specifically known for
The story is still intact and the gameplay is improved
>set it apart from the rest of the genre.
Dragon Quest doesn't exist to "set itself apart". It IS the golden standard of JRPG. The thing all JRPGs copy.

Yes it is. I already explained why. It's a win win scenario for all players involved. Your argument is a win for you and a loss for everyone else. This is why mine is objective and yours is subjective.

>I'm very mature because I cheat through games made for children

And you've none nothing to prove that the extra content in VIII 3DS isn't an objective improvement.

Could be be because you've never actually seen the new content

Is there ANYONE here who's actually played a DQ game other than VIII?

Based.

Win win except for people that have standards and don't want to play on a 240p screen with shitty controls.

>they probably turn off speed limiter to grind
I never do this, that's cheating

>also use save states mid dungeons.
I always do this though haha. Doesn't directly affect the game, so it's okay.

The same people arguing in favor of the 3ds port are the same who will argue in favor of the switch port of eleven just to marry a slut.
You know you can disregard their views because they think one addition they personally like doesn't mean all the other objective downgrades aren't present.

Yes, your extra content is nice in 8 on 3ds, but it comes with a host of baggage that others don't like. They are correct not to like it. 1 plus but 6 minuses doesn't make a thing better.

Snoyboys have only played 8 and 11.

cope

If you have played one DQ game you have played them all.

What a sad retort. Neither of those things are cheats and you own a portable gaming system made strictly for toddlers.

In that case they should have played VII too

I've played literally everything except 10. Every mainline game, every side game, every manga and anime adaptation.
I even had the 3x3 game on the DS. I even played Swords to completion.

Im one of the people saying 3DS version is superior and ive played every mainline game in the series. In fact im replaying all of them in order with a friend of mine who is new to the series right now.

Graphics being the reason to play a DQ game is absolutely bumbfuck retarded

>6 pros with 1 con makes a thing better
FTFY

How many MUDs have you played to completion?

Yes because 8 plays just like 1

Its not like EVERY GAME IN THE SERIES didn't add/change mechanics going forward

Not that you'd know that

Nah they’re graphics whores. 7 didn’t have stunning 3D visuals at the time so It was shit.

who said I own 3ds? braindead retard who cant beat a ps2 game without cheats is even sadder.

And where do you stand on this debate

Stop shilling VII. No one wants to play a 200 hours JRPG.

>the switch port of eleven just to marry a slut.
The Switch port of XI is superior is because it adds the 3DS exclusive quests that didn't make it to the PS4/PC version.

>except for people that have standards
Right, so people that don't want anyone to have the extra content because you don't want it, aka, being a selfish little cry baby bitch. It doesn't affect you whatsoever. The original content is perfect, by your own words, nothing will change it. Extra content that is inconsequential to you applies 0 effect total. Imagine an exact PS2 cclone of DQ8 on PC. Everything is exactly the same. Graphics, controls, music, framerate, everything. Exactly the same. The difference: one is with all original content + extra content and the other is one with only original content. The one with extra content is objectively superior. Objectively. If you agree with this then stop arguing with me right now. If you disagree you are one dumb bitter jaded elitist selfish fuck.
>don't want to play on a 240p screen with shitty controls.
This is a COMPLETELY different topic than what we are arguing about. I am solely focused on extra content. Not graphics or controls or screens or resolution. You are dead set on winning this and you won't.

>im 12 years old

People who're actually fans of DQ do

What

I did play half the Dragon Quest games including 1 and the interesting thing isn't the gameplay that minimally changes. It's things like the family theme in 5 or that you are entirely alone in 1. That's why people shit on 6, the gimmick with the dream world was boring as fuck even though the rest of the game is just like all the other Dragon Quest games in quality.

Kinda unrelated but VII looks sooooo good in 3D on the 3DS
Its one of those few games where it looks way better in 3D than 2D

just load a save state dude you embarrassed yourself enough already.

Personally I like 8 on PS2. while graphics aren't why you play DQ it is a huge part of 8.
My favorite game in the series is 7 though.

Notice I like the extremely long, possibly too long, versions of the series.

>just load your game fast dude I-I don't care

The topic is about whether the PS2 or 3DS game is superior. Your own cute battle you fight in your head is irrelevant.

Works good for me

Attached: mhxx.jpg (1920x1080, 726K)

I'll take not 240p graphics over some minor gameplay tweaks and extra content in game already filled with content

7 was shit because of the tablet hunting which the 3ds version fixed. Make this exact thread but about 7 and you will have universal support for 7 on 3ds being the superior objective version. The hate in this thread isn't anti-nintendo or anti-3ds just because. 8 just didn't need a remake that changed things like 7 did.

He will always be Gabo to me.

>The PS2 version is better if you emulate it
Then it isn’t the PS2 version. It’s an emulated version, and you’re admitting that the PS2 version can’t stand toe-to-toe with the 3DS port on original hardware.

>240p graphics
Emulation

This topic is about my greentext which was in reply to a direct comment you made about extra content. Nothing more. You misunderstood the argument. Hey, it's okay buddy. We all make mistakes sometimes.

MUDs, they are a video game genre. If you are arguing graphics mean nothing then you should have completed a ton of MUDs at this point.
Which have you completed?

Oh, you don't even know what a MUD is because graphics actually do matter to you as a gamer.

It’s 240p on a screen barely any bigger than your dick.
And 480i is worse than 240p. Interlacing artifacts are horrendous.

>240p graphics stretched out
Not any better.

yeah, because the upscaling will magically create more details, right?

PS2 version is superior even without emulating.

Holy false equivalency batman

Do you know what emulators are you spastic fuck? And even on PS2 it looks miles better.

see

>stretched out
Display at x4+ resolution

You're arguing resolution, not details.

And since the details are gone it looks like shit. It's just stretched out.

>Upscaled screenshot that has artifacts despite being a png file
No.

So you haven't completed any MUDs in your life then?
Got it. Go on telling us your nuanced views of graphical importance in games while not playing the one genre, or even knowing of its existence, that would exemplify your claims.

Holy false equivalency batman!

That's what I don't get about Yea Forums. Everyone does those stupid "muh arguments muh internet honor" battles and somehow it doesn't matter whether it's related to the OP or not? Obviously all that is written is according to the original argument, there are no sub arguments.

well because it's related
what is passable on 3DS isn't acceptable on big screen

This thread makes me want to find out how Yea Forums reacted to Dragon Quest IX being a DS game

Attached: 878268-12.jpg (256x192, 21K)

It is implied that you would have a kno

it's more about one version looking good and the other looking shit

When you render the game at HD resolutions, with fast forwarding and whatnot, it no longer becomes an accurate emulation of the original console and game. It becomes its own entity.

It is implied you would have a knowledge base pertaining to a topic you are advocating for or against.
Be retarded somewhere else.

I loved it until I played it. The color palette wasn't pleasing to me and I never gave it a fair shake.

Those are just virtual D&D sessions practically
Which are gay as fuck and not fun so you can fuck off with your command prompt 100% text "games"

Not really

Once you up the resolution even DS games look mighty impressive

Too newage for my tastes. The entire structure of the game was not designed for outside japan and it all suffered for it.
The only way to actually "play" it as intended nowadays is emulated with a hacked game due to street pass being obsolete now. Which is fucky in itself.

You think SE will ever make remake or at least remaster of VIII? XI was very successful.

Keep telling yourself that. Cope harder.

this is true but not because of the visuals. they arent the same game if you bypass crucial game design like restricted save points and slow grinding by emulation tricks. you cant save in dungeons because it's do or die. and the grinding is slow to incentivize the player to clear content with the bare minimum character levels. no one likes grinding right? cheating in emulators destroys the entire jrpg design. end of story.

>Lost another thread
Why do we let Nitendies walk all over us, bros?

As with everything there is more the MUDs then just visuals, or lack there of

Just because I dont like MUDs doesn't mean its because visuals.

Then how many open source roguelikes have you beaten?
If graphic don't matter to you you should have a wealth of knowledge pertaining to genres that don't care about graphical fidelity at all. But you don't. Makes any claims you assert seem empty and uneducated.

>lost
keept telling yourself that 3DS version doesn't look like shit, Nincel

Except all 2D elements including fonts are really blurry making for a bad experience. This also goes for the PS2 version but coming from a larger original resolution it's not that bad.

Emufaggot SEETHING

You console war shitters need to stop breathing

PLAY BOTH

Didn't Horii say he wanted to remake III next?

You know those are PC exclusive pretty much and we’re in a thread about a Japanese RPGs, a genre that eluded western PC gamers until the later half of this decade.

>game like Spyro gets ported with better graphics
>Yea Forums throws a tantrum about M-MUH SOUL
>game like DQ8 gets ported with worse graphics
>Yea Forums throws a tantrum about M-MUH GRAFIX
There really is no winning is there?

Really? I thought it was really cool. All those subtle effects the dream world had on the real world and vice versa. And seeing the parallels between them.
Was pretty cool. Also you have two whole separate worlds to explore. 4 really with the ocean and underworld.

I will admit it didn't reach its full potential though. Lotta stuff felt half baked. Which is why VII is way better

4channel is shitpost central.

Im not even the same user you are bickering with
Just wanted to chime in with your taste of games is fucking garbage
While I personally dont think graphics matter, aesthetics do. Its why stuff that went for realism ages extremely fast meanwhile stuff like KH2 still looks pretty good because they went with a dedicated art style
Ive never found any of those cmd games fun, not because they lack graphics. but because that shit is boring, even similiar-ish WRPG stuff like baldurs gate or fallout is fucking aids

yes, and the thread topic is about emulation, which is something you do on PCs.
Stop trying to avoid the discussion. You made a stance, then when asked for references that would elucidate your claims on your stance you were uneducated.

Which is something you CAN do on PCs, and not everyone settles for inferior simulations of console hardware. So get fucked.

Read the fucking OP post you ass. The thread is about PC shit. This is a PC focused Dragon Quest thread.
PC talk is perfectly fine.

The majority of the thread hasn’t been about emulation. Context is important, strawman-kun.

are you mad because he asked you a question about something PC related in a thread talking about emulating on PCs?

For what reason?

240P

2 4 0 fucking pixels

TWO HUNDRED FORTY

240p in 2011
240p in 2017

240p was already a decade outdated when the PS2 got released in 2000.

See

The entire thread is about the merits of 3 options. Original/3ds/pc emulation with the PC emulation being the OP topic.

You fuckers are just upset someone started probing around your other gaming related interests, or lack of them, to contextualize your shitpost stances. And thru that probing you were found to be uneducated on the subject you were advocating for.

AND THE WINNER IIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSS...
DUNDUNDUNDUNDUNDUNDUNDUNDUNUNDUNDUNDUN
THE NINTENDOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OOOOH ANOTHER LOSS FOR SONYPONES HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN AGAIN
WILL THE CURSE OF THE SN.OY EVER BE LIFTED? WELL THERE'S ALWAYS NEXT TIME