Thoughts?

Thoughts?

Attached: H2x1_NSwitch_DragonQuestBuilders2_image1600w-920x460.jpg (920x460, 115K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/W--fdDdz7oQ?t=513
gamesindustry.biz/articles/2019-07-15-uk-charts-super-mario-maker-2-scores-third-consecutive-no-1
gematsu.com/2018/11/new-dragon-quest-monsters-game-in-development-for-console-starring-erik-and-mia
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's fun, just don't buy it on Switch.

why not

story mode islands run just fine

yes you get drops in player created towns but the portability is worth it imo

Attached: XftuyvI.jpg (1280x720, 278K)

I'd much rather take a stable 60fps than portability.

>stable 60fps
>PS4
pick one.

Is there any way to start over on a town or do you just have to buckle your nuts and knock shit down manually?

Babs is a slut.

SLUT

It's very addictive. Currently going through story mode, playing in switch and it runs perfectly on portable.

Really like how much more lively NPCs are in this game compared to DQB1.
Like when after you build a toilet they start getting in line to take a shit.

But the only appeal is playing in bed

I just finished the first chapter and haven't had a single drop so far. I guess the Switch is better if portability is important to you though.

It's so fucking good Jesus fuck

8/10
I would it give it higher if it had better optimization. Its rlly fun

>tfw too lazy to make the town look nice

The inside camera is so much better it's like night and day. Putting a roof on things in builders 1 was aids in a cancer basket but it's really nice now.

Attached: 1536592969455.png (800x450, 382K)

Only complaint so far is no control mapping. Yeah, I can address that through the PS4's settings but I hate having to turn that shit on and off between different games.

Babs is a whore

Is it me or is planting seeds in first person kinda clunky?

I can be on top of the tile I want to plant and nothing will happen.

Other than that, I'm really enjoying it.

first person view is abysmal in this game.

i fucken hate minecraft

>can't visit other islands without ps+

Attached: 1458748921730.png (680x590, 417K)

Reminder for hacked Switch owners that Orchestral Overhaul is being worked on for this.

I really hate the fucking orchestra dude in charge of the music for the series.

Don't worry, he's going to die soon.
His replacement is pro-digital so hopefully the dark times will end.

I love orchestral music in most contexts but videogames always put in the most boring fucking shit. I know you can't go full classic with the time limitations but come on.

No its not that, the composer is autistic and doesnt want his music available Good

Moron detected.

Do your research before you open your mouth next time you fucking imbecile

It’s fun
This is my best friend

Attached: 2912DAA7-B60B-4BAF-AA59-B95BBFCB030D.png (500x555, 392K)

It fucking sucks, deal with it.
Oh, is that your problem? I don't buy music so I don't care much.

>The clearly edgy and evil looking kid with the same name as main villain of Dragon Quest 2 turns out to be...
THE MAIN VILLAIN OF DRAGON QUEST 2, WHO COULD'VE SEEN IT COMING, WHOA

Protip you cockmunching shitslurper, the music you get is just the same orchestral tracks but with fake, low quality digital orchestra samples because the composer is a fucking jew.
Your argument makes no sense and you're just a zoomzoom poster trying to stir shit, unironically get cancer and die you fucking waste of breathing space.

Monsters are friends!

Do you still have to abandon your town every level? Because as much as I loved DQB1, I fucking hated that shit.

You have an entire island you own that acts as your hub world after the first island
You still have to leave your farm village behind but you can come back to it at any time

FUCK Lulu.

Is it worth getting for the multiplayer?

You can go back anytime to any island

>ever buying a snoystation

>Build my first quiet town.
>Feel like a badass builder.
>See pic.
>Demolish my town and drown myself.

Attached: 1563113387807m.jpg (1024x576, 91K)

It’s okay I just got graveyard keeper and it is much funner.

You know you use a website to generate those?

I am considering getting it. Does it run good on the switch?

Use what?

>gaudy looking 2d sprites
They look like trash on minecraft servers and they're still trash here

FPS drops in certain areas

How is this game rated E for everyone? You can brew alcohol and there's an entire chapter about a death camp where builders are worked until they die or executed if they try to escape. You even get to visit the crematorium where their corpses are burned so their bones can be reanimated and added to the bad guys army.

This game is redpilled as fuck, ever notice how the rooms you make for female townsfolk are ALWAYS kitchens?

Seig heil faggot

A website. Applies a grid to an uploaded image so you know how to build it using cubes.

Does anyone know of any enemies that drop Sugar Cane Seeds besides Spoilspores? I'm the poor sap from the last thread that got a bugged quest counter.

Because happy cartoony fun time
And ESRB fags don’t play the full game

That and the one gay character in the game is a giant degenerate who spies on men showering and crossdresses.

I guess I'm a piece of shit because constant 60 fps doesn't really matter to me. I'd still get the Switch version even if I'm never actually taking my Switch out with me and only playing handheld in a recliner.

Attached: 1443888034441.jpg (400x300, 66K)

Anything with "dragon quest" in the title is always good, and this game is no exception.

It good, lots of QoL improvements on the first one, and they expanded on the things that made the original more than just a Minecraft clone. I particularly like there being shit to actually do on the main island.

It’s kinda embraced the Harvest Moon side of things without feeling beholden to it. Now it just needs to let me marry waifus, improve enemy pathfinding, and improve combat and it’ll be perfect.

Switch version is fine, I don’t get the hype. It’s technically inferior but this isn’t exactly Crysis.

Good thing, besides aesthetic, it's nothing like minecraft

I get that if you’re playing a shooter or fighting game or something, but for this the ability to work on my projects on trips is worth too much.

>docked is 60fps with drops (PS4 drops frames as well)
>portable is 30fps

care to explain?

>so many good games that came out this year
>mfw this one might be my favorite so far
God damn I'm only in the mining town so far, but the max level comfy and satisfying objectives make this game really hit it out of the park. I even love the mini medal puzzles.

Attached: D1ix6PjVYAA5_8R.jpg (1200x1200, 115K)

>First game
>E for everyone

>”I’m still trying to figure out what a ‘puff-puff’ is. I’m working on some ideas and I’ve got a couple of big ones, do you mind if I bounce them off of ya?”

gladly

>docked is 60fps
No it isn't. Docked actually feels worse than portable for some reason. I've been playing both modes and docked hits like 20 fps on Isle of Awakening once you progress far enough to have giant structures built. I can't go anywhere near my pyramid town without dropping frames hard.

I don't regret getting the Switch version because playing these kinds of games in bed is maximum comfy but don't defend poor optimization.

Get fucked cunt

Attached: Screenshot_20190715-122159__01.jpg (1080x1276, 383K)

Not him but the only dealbreaker for me was the demo. It ran okay in portable but not okay in docked.

It's clear when it's in handheld mode that it runs better since it's 720p.

Kinda wish there was a 720p mode for docked for smoother framerate, but we don't know it may be patched in.

Its not really an optimization problem but they for some reason decided to go for 1080p docked compared to the first game's 720p. With framedrops this bad I dont understand how they thought it was fine to increase the resolution so much. Handheld is much much better at least in my experience.

Does he have a change of heart or he stays evil?

"Why not? As long as you never ever touch end-game or do anything ocmplex and fun and miss out on a lot of content then it's fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine."

Huh, sure, whatever you want to do. Enjoy the literal single-digit FPS.

I haven’t had those problems but maybe I haven’t built enough yet. So far it’s 99% fine, with occasional small drops

kill yourselves

So is this a sequel in name only? How does Bildrick and the events of DQB1 connect?

Play the game faggot

I mean it isnt unplayable, you just notice the drops in towns with a lot of assets. You literally can only look at the towns anyways.

Attached: hnMzZMR.jpg (1280x720, 318K)

>but maybe I haven’t built enough yet
You obviously haven't, as this is an unavoidable problem. It's not even about line of sight, the game slows down to literal single digit FPS (game speed too, it's bound to FPS) if the map is complex, even if you're staring at a wall.

There's a comparison on Twitter of a player walking through some sort of Hub that you probably unlock later on, Switch version takes 1minute+ to go from one side to the other compared to PS4. There are also plenty of jap playthroughs on youtube where you can see the game going single digit to 12fps on cities.
I guess if you casually play the game until you reach the end there won't be too much trouble, but if you want to invest hours beyond that it'll become unbearable.

>Mining town
>Have some chests in the Smithy
>Have them sorted by metal/ores, blocks, other shit and more other shit
>Blacksmith keeps putting shit in the wrong chests
STOP IT!

Crafting tables can pull from every chest in an area, there's no reason to sort things in this game.

I been trying to find a bad video of japanese lets players that have mega structures but so far it all looks like it hovers around 30 fps.
I really dont want to get this kind of game on my ps4 since it feels like shit to play comfy games on it.

How complex is the building? Can I only build hills or prefab vehicles?

>some sort of Hub that you probably unlock later on
That was a players built up Isle of Awakening, none of the towns in the story are anywhere near that big.
t. I beat the game already on Switch

It was more so I could easily find blocks and furniture so I just sorted the rest while I was at it.

If you mostly play in handheld, its definitely worth it to get it on the Switch as the perfotmance is quite good. Docked is a bit iffy but if you're mostly a docked player there's not much reason to not get it on ps4.

Ok, so "Don't ever touch this feature of the game and it's 100% ok" (by 100% you mean low 20's fps anyway)

Better than minecraft
You can build all sorts of furniture and shit, putting certain things in rooms will designate them a type of room and residents will use it as such. Lots of options for building materials and decorations.

>it feels like shit to play comfy games on it.
This is perhaps the most unbearable and subjective buzzword of all time.

Not him but you seem real personally butthurt

Just feels weird when people recommend a version that has some nigh unplayable sections over the version that is vastly superior.

Drew dis

Attached: DQB2.png (1200x1800, 755K)

personally, i'm loving it so far.
definitely an upgrade on the first one, and i was afraid it wouldn't be. lots of simple but important QoL improvements.
I tried the demos on PS4 and Switch and ended up buying it for Switch. It looks similar enough on both systems, and the Switch really only has performance issues while docked and in the open field. i'll mostly play handheld.
like the first game, though, it's very slow.

No one is recommending the Switch version, they're just saying they're playing it. PS4 players are the only ones shitposting as usual.

Damn, you clearly played the switch version and didnt just watch some docked videos of very specific large towns that were probably built during handheld play anyway.

Its just for me the ps4 is a huge slab of a console that i like playing story heavy games like GoW and KH3 etc.
These kind of build/party games just dont suit it.

He’s subjectively describing something so I dunno why you’re blasted about it

Cute

Bought a used PS4 just to play it, it's a complete upgrade on the original and probably the best block builder available.

I finished the first one on Switch, but the performance was just so bad in the demo for 2 I couldn't tolerate it. There's shit on the PS4 that chugs, so I don't even want to know how frustrating it would've been to push through that on the Switch. Yeah there's player islands that will always lag but I'm talking about level 4 Furrowfield with 15 characters running around fighting 30 ants among farms and shit. That's normal gameplay and I really doubt it's enjoyable under 20fps.

They mention Malroth in the opening cutscene, there's really no twist.

Same. I got the PS4 version because of the demo, also because I already had the first on it as well. I figured that it would do well on Switch. It makes me happy to hear it selling.

It's nice user I like it

Well, I had minimal framedrops through all of chapter 1 and my isle of awakening fuckings-about. I’ll report to Yea Forums if shit gets bad but so far it seems like standard play doesn’t cause big problems.

Can anyone help? On the farming island, the villagers are ignoring some farm land, like not tilling, watering, or seeding. I built it off the previous patch of farmland, and each is fenced with a gate connecting it. Is it just outside the village zone?

>probably the best block builder available.

Off topic, did anyone play that Not-harvest-moon-harvest-moon block builder? How was it?

I love this game but I wanna waifu someone and raise a family

>first person view is abysmal in this game.
It's good for precision work and doing certain things easier (like jumping and placing a block directly below you).

Does the music change when you stand there? That's the cue I used to find the village border.

I'm almost done the second island and I just found out you can sprint.

It might not be in your town boundires, or there are no seeds to plant, if your companions run to you when you go over there then you're out of the town zone

Check by the music. If the music changes when you’re standing there, it’s outside the village. Or maybe it’s above the scarecrow? Otherwise they might just not have gotten to it, they’re not exactly focused workers.

This is pretty standard for Dragonquest and Level 5 games.
They look familiy friendly, but touch on darker themes all the time.

It really sicks that you can’t look around while seated, dunno why they did that. I appreciate that you can use it to rotate items though.

Basically everything I wanted
Comfy handheld for life

Happened to me sometimes, destroy a piece of fence and then rebuild it and the worm guy should trigger.

Brah they tell you in the tutorial

Does SE releasing a Day 1 patch in the West indicate they may address the issues with the Switch release?

Also if your town has leveled up and shit you can notice that the XP bar vanishes when you're outside of the village area.

Coo

Bretty gud

Honestly there is so much dialogue I just mash B

>build kitchen a few blocks above ground
>NPCs store cooked food in a chest on the farm below

Took me a long time to figure out why I didn't see any food in the kitchen chest.

look at this dude

Attached: 1506494915582.jpg (717x474, 41K)

As long as you don’t recreate the Las Vegas strip you’ll be fine

>Go to glide
>For some super retarded reason you have to press A/O to do this instead of just pressing jump again in the air
Why?

>those dream malroth message sections that can't be skipped and linger for 10 seconds a few words

Attached: 1329928574357.gif (160x90, 428K)

>Reee Stop having fun!
Faggot

>townfolk actually need to take a shit in this game
>it produces building materials
neat

I think that's a large number of people who are going to be disappointed. I played the demo and don't have a PS4 but found it ran subpar for the switch

I'm assuming their logic is
>it's a tool
>press the tool button in air to activate the glide tool

>Get to the third island
>A Lonely Youth starts playing
Kino.

>Portability so you can bing-bing-wahoo on the go.
Cringe.

Worth playing this if I haven't played the 1st one?

I'm on the fence about buying it.
Can you build towns or anything on your main island?

It has everything the first one had plus more, so yeah.

Actually a problem

Having flashbacks to
L I T T L E M O N E Y

Yes, the entire game is about bringing shit from other islands your main one in order to make it a bustling metropolis.

The real question is: Is it worth $60?

>Residents finish bulding the pyramid
>The top part is misaligned from the rest of it

Attached: NargacugaRage.jpg (720x960, 31K)

The main island is the only place where you can build big towns. The story towns have tiny boundaries so building anything that isn't required to progress will clutter your towns too much.
The boundaries on the Isle of Awakening are fuck huge though. Basically entire sections of the map all count as their own area for the purpose of npc interaction so you can build where ever there.

Every time some mong cubicle hamster who never has to travel for work makes a post like yours, I laugh.

Attached: 1563154720338.jpg (1500x884, 195K)

Oh shit that’s it. Thanks anons. Do we get expanded area later? If not I kind of wished the borders were more defined.

Is this a good game to own digitally or physically?

Is it multiplayer? Building was always my favorite part of Minecraft so I'm interested, though I'm also curious as to what the RPG or combat aspects of this are.

Attached: 1553815682685.png (481x273, 103K)

Much, much better than DQB1 in this regard, people actually do shit in your towns on the main island, monsters actually attack them, there are quests and objectives for them too

>use the divebomb Attack to cheat my way up a mountain
>can’t build on it
Lame

>Being an adult with something that looks like a leap pad.
LMAO!

>you can jump minecarts and land on other tracks

Attached: 1559758240227.jpg (320x257, 20K)

Good shit user

I don’t regret it, main game content is bretty gud

Every time I see a lonely manbaby with a pussy deflector, I laugh.

Sure.
But both are worth playing. First one would be harder to come back to after the QoL changes in DQB2 though.

Yes, you can build a fuckton and alsmost anythign on the main island.

Attached: D4A7057D-A94D-4054-9D26-867C652243CF.jpg (1785x1022, 483K)

the first island is basically the sandbox, you can build everywhere
everything else is for a story area/exploration

SILKY SMOOTH 24FPS

Yeah

Attached: 1457731549931.png (400x480, 166K)

Silky smooth 0fps on PC

Okay, thanks user. Guess I’ll get a bit less attached to building on those other islands

What did you expect? They're sluts and muscleheads. Just tweak it yourself.

man if this got a PC port I would bust a nut

The only multiplayer is inviting friends to visit your main island. They can help you build but they don't get to bring/take back materials.
I don't know how the multiplayer is on PS4 but on Switch I used the local wireless option to connect to a friend in the same room as me and the game was a slideshow.
I play Smash Ultimate over local wireless with the same person so I know it's not our Switches. The game is just optimized like shit.

brehs..

Attached: 6paZtzn.jpg (960x540, 137K)

>make shitty little 2 tile high shacks for my villagers
>want to use windows
>realize I need to build a taller wall
>put windows in, add a flat roof
>build another building on top of the roof so it's 2 stories tall
I feel an awakening

This is actually a good way to more effectively build your tracks since you save on building time, tracks and can travel over certain obstacles and buildings (without cluttering them with tracks).

Attached: besvxt0zqf7z.jpg (566x400, 29K)

Imagine being such a dope that you think people who want portable want it so they can play outside on a public parkbench

Imagine taking quinten seriously

Huh. I had thar furrowfield shit happen to me on switch and it barely dipped. Maybe it's just the game engine that's shit. Honestly, it will drop hard for like 1 or 2 seconds then I never see it again for another hour or so. It might be related to how blocks are loaded into memory.

Attached: birthofasupervillain.jpg (1385x748, 95K)

*Interrupts your crafting*

Attached: latest[1].png (181x137, 29K)

>mfw autistically tweaking out my commieblock houses for hours

Attached: 1482246422200.jpg (960x422, 24K)

>people already on 2nd or 3rd story island
>still on farm island
Farming live is comfy

Yeah because people are totally carrying this shit out to the bar, dumbasses lmao

Keep grinding, maybe someday if you kiss enough ass you can get a job that has a view beyond blue/gray fabric

Oh fuck really
I gotta try that

>Malroth spends several seconds charging up an attack for one of these little shits
>Misses

Thanks for the free wheat, nerd

If it runs decent even when shit's going on the dips must be the same thing that cause the PS4 to have trouble. I think it's the water shaders personally, but I'm not 100% sure. Go to the Furrowfield bog on PS4 and it starts to stutter here and there, and on Switch you can get sub 20fps if you look at certain areas of water just right.

It my be low, but it’s very, very stable

After the 3rd time I build 3 block high walls of solid iron around the bench.

>save and quit as the npcs are finishing up the golden bar
>load my save in the morning
>get flooded with new inventory messages for a good minute straight
>bar is finished but all the materials are in my inventory somehow
So uhh, what should I build with 1k+ gold brick blocks? This is a nice bug.

I noticed playing on switch, the framerate reaches like 40-50 most of the time in handheld mode. Docked it seems to be 30 max but hovers around 25 or so most of the time.

Honestly, it could be worse. I got one of those bendy arm things that I stick my Switch into next to my bed, and for some reason an iPad charger with standard USB C cable can power the switch enough so that it stays at 100%. So I just play it laying in bed with it in my face and the joycons separated.

god that looks disturbing

Autismcraft with the awful Dragon Ball character designs.

>tfw brought my Switch to a geek bar in my city
>bunch of girls ask me what I got
>me and 3 girls play Mario Kart 8
>one of them a slightly chubby asian with tig ol bitties and a bit of acne problem
>she keeps hardcore flirting with me all night
>turns out she likes trashy anime like me
>she wants to come back to my place
>we watch some Eromanga Sensei
>night ends with me cumming a fuck huge load on her glasses after she was sucking me off for 10 minutes calling me oniichan and shit
>she gets a cab home
>forgot to get her number
Gonna see if she shows up again this weekend now that I got some time off again

Attached: chiki_tiki.gif (212x225, 90K)

>geek bar
really should go scraping for some easy fat dork pussy one of these days

are there more impossible puzzles like this?
>8:33
youtu.be/W--fdDdz7oQ?t=513

>Surround entire farming town in brambles

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA EAT SHIT MONSTER NIGGERS GET FUCKED GOOD LUCK FAGGOTS I’M BEHIND SEVEN BRAMBLES SUCK MY FAT BUILDER DICK

>Spoilspore spawns between wall of a building and several layers of brambles
Oh no

There is too much niggers in this game

There aren’t enough niggers in this game

>They think anime browns are niggers

Damn I’m jelly

A huge golden dick the residents have to look at when they wake up each day

>monsters actually attack them
So there's no reason to bother spending your time building the town is what you're saying because it'll have the same problem as 1 where it either gets blown up or attacked by ogres or giants so the only thing you can build your walls out of it Obsidian?

Do villagers go totally silent when you take them back to the main island or do they still interact with you?

No

Nigga if you really hate it just build a deathtrap moat

hot sex dlc when

>Spent 30 minutes on a single puzzle
>Puzzle where you could just wait until you get the jar to complete it instantly
Holy fuck this guy is bad

Things that never happened for 100 alex

Not him but getting head from some 6/10 fat chick one time isn’t really what I’d make up about myself if I was spinning tales

Run through the town with a torch in set fire to everything.

>look at timeline
>30 minutes pass before he solves it
Holy fucking shit is he literally retarded? Gonna watch just to see his thought processes.

>Holding torch
>In barn in front of haystack
>”Light (A)”
>Impulsively hit the button

And that’s how I destroyed 25% of my town with a single button press

What? You can burn haystacks? You can light your town that is made of wood on fucking fire? Heh I may have to pay the farming village a visit once I'm done with the mines

Yeah I was surprised too

Attached: AA766A82-33EE-4F3D-953E-A0A7C486AD0C.jpg (1200x675, 440K)

BRB, recreating a meme.

Attached: disaster-girl.jpg (600x450, 44K)

GOTY

Unironically though, this game is so fucking good

The first one lost me because you pretty much had to restart in each new area. With the big hub world you can get creative and each story island gives you some fun progression with different biomes. The only thing I don't like is the dialogue can be a bit exhausting.

How's Builders 1 on the vita? it doesn't even reach 300 MBs seems like the perfect little game

I mean that's not bad, same as just joining someone's server in MC

What kinds of things are there to do aside from building, also?

The random attacks are getting annoying, like in the mining town nothing really happens.

>Oh no an attack!
>Stop what I'm doing to go get rid of them
>They're dead in seconds anyway because NPCs also join in

>getting distraught over Beadz tier copy-pasting
A fucking greentop is more impressive than this shit in 2011+8

it's a miracle that emulation works at all

Attached: yuzu_2019-07-12_16-55-41.png (551x412, 202K)

wish it was on pc

FYI to anyone wanting the switch version, it's suddenly $50 on amazon

Damn, the PS4 quickly turned into the Switch Xbox One

Haven’t played the vita version but I absolutely loved it more than I ever expected

Now PS4 as well.

How do I stop playing this fucking game?

Yeah I feel like even the farming town ones posed more of a threat. They haven’t managed to touch a single block of my town.

???
What did he mean by this

There’s a patch of rotten mud right by my house on the isle of awakening and it spawns zombies and muddy hands and I built a little ranch pen around it so now my character has a monster ranch

I don’t know
Help

That’s adorable

Fuck weebs
*dabs*

gamesindustry.biz/articles/2019-07-15-uk-charts-super-mario-maker-2-scores-third-consecutive-no-1
Top 5 lads, 67% of sales were on switch

I was surprised by how many if my friends picked this up, I only know one other guy who got the first one

Hopefully DQXI does well too and square doesn't withhold the new monsters game they are working on from the west.

Can monsters swim in this game? I was thinking about filling my ditch with water

>the new monsters game they are working on
user, I...

Considering DQ11S just got the biggest marketing push the series has ever gotten its possible it does well and finally breaks through.

They are, staring Erik and his sister.

I was disappointed she didn't join desu. For a second I thought Erik was going to get gold'd and she'd replace him until you figured out how to fix it.

gematsu.com/2018/11/new-dragon-quest-monsters-game-in-development-for-console-starring-erik-and-mia

Would have been cool, so long as she kept divide.

THERE'S TOO MUCH FUCKING TALKING. JUST SHUT UP AND LET ME BUILD. STOP GIVING ME BLUEPRINTS. HOLY FUCK.

Also when does multiplayer start?

JRPGs suck, minecraft sucks, this double sucks.

After first island

After the farming island. you get asked to make a river back on the main island and sometime after the before the second island you get told about multiplayer.

My town is garbage looking haha

That terrace is pretty damn comfy.

Excellent. I'm rebuilding the tree how much longer of this shitshow is there? Do the later islands give me more building freedom? Is there just as much talking?

>you'll never join the massive gangbang with your fellow burly miners

Attached: 🤙.jpg (1920x1080, 341K)

All the story islands are like that, not much freedom at all. You get much more freedom on the Isle of Awakening. Also whenever you go to a new story island you temporarily lose all your crafting recipes and have to basically start over with the new islands rules. You get them all back + all the new ones when you return to the Isle of Awakening though.

>Got back to that island
>Didn't build a thing I didn't have to because I wanted more materials first

I should have made a little wooden house for farming and shit at the very least.

Once you're done with the tree. It has 3 phases.
The Isle of Awakening gives total free reign, with villagers and small objectives to get you inspired.
The other islands will be pretty similar to Furrowfield in scope.

I wonder how many people actually played DQ2

I did. I played some of the NES version ages ago, but I abandoned it. Finished with the GBC version instead.

I only played the PS2 and DS/3DS ones. Tried playing the SNES version of 3 a while back but I hated how backwards a lot of the mechanics were even compared to other SNES jrpgs. I can only imagine 2 is worse in that regard.

>On the second island mining shit
>Only need 1 piece of silver
>Go exploring mines in the meantime
>Stumble across some hidden blue dye I missed earlier

Wonder how much hidden shit I've missed so far.

What put you off 3?

It has been a few years since I've played it but if I recall correctly you had to open a menu for even basic actions that other RPGs of that era handled with one button press. Just found that aspect to be annoying.

I never played but I love DQ2 doujin where 3 heroes are girls and they have dicks so I know about story a bit

Godamnit I know which one you're talking about.

Just hit L

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiice

Has anyone completed it yet? How long does it go after beating the third island? I just got there but want to build up my isle of awakening before beating the game, but I also know I'll want recipes from the third island first.

Do you prefer 2 or 3? I was drawn to 3 because you get to name your protagonist. 9 was my first DQ game and I loved that you could fully customize yourself in that one. Was bummed to see 11 returned to the old format of having a pre-made hero even though it's still a good game.

Add splitscreen and I will buy your game, right now it's worthless to me.

I hated how in 9 you end up basically being second in importance to the NPC angel.

3 is one of the greatest games ever made. 2 is basically them having all the ideas that make 3 so groundbreaking but not getting it right.

Ah, you should try pressing the X button or the L shoulder button instead of the A button. It's strange, but on the upside you can play the game with one hand if you stick with L.

Forgot to add that 2 is still good, its just like seeing somebody have an idea with no real plan to make it work then having him come back a year later like fucking look I perfected it. I can understand the menu stuff, its just from the era of having 2 buttons on the NES controller. you can play the entire game on SNES with your left hand, L basically does everything you need. Do not skip out on 3, its the granddaddy of everything JRPG and it holds the fuck up.

why is the brown guy so obsessed with shitting

Attached: DRAGON QUEST BUILDERS 2_20190714234506.jpg (1920x1080, 471K)

That's just another way of saying "it's just his opinion man"

>Villagers can build blueprints for you
Alright that's the last straw. This game sucks. I just want to build. I don't want a story, I don't want anymore cutscenes, I don't care about keeping some randos happy or some builders of ancient times, I just want to fucking build. I'm going back to the first game, fuck this.

Does this game have town limits like the first one? You had to build walls inside town limits or monsters would spawn over them.

Thanks anons. I will give 3 another try since 1-3 + 10 are the only mainline ones I haven't really played any version of at this point and I would like to play at least one of the oldschool ones to completion.

Cabbage based diet.

My only complaint are the excessive text dumps at every quest. You get a chat for starting it, succeeding and then again for actually ending it. It's a small gripe, but these last text blocks really start to add up.

Besides that, the game is so good that i legit got Angry at me because i just couldn't stop playing.

I hate the ones that you can't speed up.

>Like 10 words of text on screen
>It stays there for fucking ages for no good reason

Maybe he's Indian.

Why would I listen to a disgusting fucking druggie?
Even the man child knows to stay in school because drugs aren’t cool

I laughed hard than I should at this

There a website or google doc with the resources for this game? Some of these rooms are very specific and I don't want to waste my time if I don't even have the parts.

>HYPE OVERLOAD

Me