ITT: Bad Combat

Attached: botw-01.webm (852x480, 2.99M)

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/heIGxAbBJ-4AdyqsFMQHVg/
gamesindustry.biz/articles/2017-06-05-how-will-the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-change-the-open-world-paradigm
youtube.com/watch?v=U1UtRnGn5hc
twitter.com/jordy_j_s/status/1150183417985810432
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You mean: example of a rare faulty AI interaction

this, looks like the CEMU AI glitch to me

This was captured in-game on a Nintendo Switch running at native 480p.

>Weapon breaks

Attached: 1563058236830.jpg (398x376, 37K)

lighting in clearly wrong though, look how fucking dark the crates and log on the ground are. They're not supposed to ever bethat dark. Also pretty sure botw switch is native 720p handheld and 900p docked.

>rare

Why is Cemu so fucking shit?

Attached: botw-02.webm (852x480, 2.99M)

Imagine being outdone by a Chinese mobile knock off game.

Attached: 1535974930396.webm (842x472, 2.94M)

>Cemu
This was recorded on my Switch, sweeties.

>zelda is shit
>almost all hearts aka clearing 120 shrines
hehe

Attached: 1545383322374.webm (800x444, 2.95M)

I highly doubt that, I cannot reproduce this at all and the lighting looks very off.

>Clearly problem with AI

COMBAT BAD

So, witcher 3 thread?

Most efficient way to kill stuff on master mode

Silver goblins only use bows if you disarm them and they pick them up.

imagine giving your financial information to a chinese company

Is to fuck up their AI?

Most efficient way to kill things on master mode is to slow time dodge and use final master sword.

THREE YEARS later and OP is still fighting multi BotW hate threads every fucking day of his life.

Nintendo made one of the best games of all time and this pathetic loser simply cannot COPE. This will never not be hilarious.

Attached: 1562829649894.gif (500x500, 2.98M)

>OP reposts a flamewars thread
Let's see how long it takes for mods to not remove it

false, op is using cemu and has ai trouble due to using fps patch

t. experienced it myself a while ago

pic semi-related, I tried out cemu a while ago but decided to just pirate the game on wii u instead as the weird animation, ai, and physics glitches really bothered me when using the fps patch (and I couldn't really run the game without the patch)

Attached: CEMU Screenshot 2018.06.07 - 07.21.49.24.png (1920x1080, 3.21M)

>Nintendo made one of the best games of all time

Yes they did

It's called Super Mario Odyssey.

BotW isnt even a good Zelda game

It was literally recorded right off my Switch. I don't even have a PC capable of emulating via Cemu.

Attached: 1553056041564.jpg (3264x1836, 1.47M)

>not a good ___ game
HE SAID IT

Attached: 1535038136894.jpg (853x1000, 411K)

It's the only good 3d Zelda game

why does the lighting look so weird though? is it just the low quality video?
never had the AI behave this way on wii u

see
Just shitty webm conversion.

Attached: 1551862009642.jpg (2186x1836, 574K)

>BotW isnt even a good Zelda game

Hot opinion. Big if true.

downgraded from e3 2014

>played for 215 hours or more
I like the game way more than you apparently do yet you've played for almost double the amount of the time. The fuck?

>played for 215 hours

You must really hate the game.

nevermind that how in the fuck does this dude have 145 hours in mario odyssey

Combat is bad, don't play it. (Pic from source video).

Attached: 1548716558812.jpg (1280x720, 177K)

>attacks a distance weaponed enemy up close with two high-end weapons.
>don't play it, its shit!

lmao no wonder every one laughs at you.

the combat in botw is better than almost every other open world game. It's arguably the best combat in an open world game in general actually

It's not. Go find a bow wielding enemy in the game yourself and attack it just like this. It can't fight back at all. I know so because I farm the shit out of gold/silver enemies all the time.

Okay, so when Bokoblins are holding bows they try to get far away and fire arrows at you. In this case, OP is right by the Bokoblin and hitting it without starting a combo. Doing this, along with sneakstrikes is a good way to attack with minimum risk, although it's OP's choice to do this and isn't as stylish as the shit Japs do on YouTube

Stop being delusional and bending over backwards to excuse the awkward AI. Bow wielding enemies always behave this way when you attack them. You can emulate exactly what the OP is doing on the both Wii U and Switch consoles.

No, it's not.

>bow wielding enemies are a disadvantage in melee combat situations

We got a tactical genius here folks.

bow wielding enemies can still throw rocks/barrels nearby and they'll equip a different weapon if disarmed

Yes, I'm proving the people ITT wrong about it being bugged AI or "it's just been altered because it's on an emulator!!" What's your point?

Kek reading through the thread I'm finding myself siding with OP against the faggots that are defending the game blindly. I've played this game 700 hours and got 100% 3x and could tell right away that OP was attacking an enemy with a bow and they are brain-dead. I'm hoping Nintendo fixes minor things like this in the sequel even with the enemy AI being great in this game

And why can't this AI kite? Or switch weapons to a melee one? Oh that's right, BOTW couldn't figure that out.

>Cherry picking

Keep up the memes kiddo

>throw rocks/barrels
Prove this, I'm not OP, but I'm sure that this is wrong. Even if you get behind a metal crate and the enemies all have bows, they'll shoot arrows at it and get nowhere instead of throwing rocks

yes it is, hitboxes are extremely accurate; AI is generally decent (despite what OP may claim), and particularly shines for lynels and with packs of enemies where the AI is designed to flank; stealth is a viable option and decently implemented; environmental hazards are actually usable in combat and extremely effective if used properly; enemies can use the environment against you (hinoxes throwing trees, humanoid enemies throwing explosive barrels and stuff, moblins throwing bokoblins themselves, etc.). Not claiming the combat is perfect, it clearly is far from that, but it's easily one of the best combat system in any open world game by a significant margin.

>can still throw rocks/barrels nearby
Only if they have no other weapons. They'll just keep shooting arrows otherwise.
>and they'll equip a different weapon if disarmed
Which clearly isn't happening here. The bow wielding enemy AI is just retarded, user.

Bullshit. OP webm has been around longer than you have been shitposting.

I might be getting mixed up with bokoblins that have no weapon now that I think about it. Not played the game in 2 years, so...

Attached: 1560763849367.jpg (1213x362, 119K)

You're forgetting Lynels

Attached: 1553446914415.webm (1254x656, 2.42M)

That's wind waker

Attached: 1493149861295.jpg (700x913, 110K)

context behind this image?

you're complaining about the zelda equivalent of a goomba. The common mooks that are meant only to pose a challenge by surrounding you and aren't built for 1-on-1's. If you want a proper enemy designed around 1-on-1 combat then fight a lynel.

This shit

Attached: 1502490094579.webm (1280x720, 670K)

>Which clearly isn't happening here
>>>if disarmed

>hitboxes are extremely accurate
BotW combat is shit, even by open world standards.

Attached: 1499778137082.webm (1280x720, 2.16M)

flurry rush bugs were patched years ago user, this webm is ancient.

Why are fans of BotW so afraid of admitting its faults

ITT: the same, few bait webms reposted for years of rare glitches that 99.99% of players would never encounter

I haven't played any Zelda games since ALttP and don't really play action adventure games in general, and I'm aware I missed the boat on this one by a few years, but holy shit the combat in this game is good.

The AI certainly glitches out sometimes (I've experienced enemies doing dumb shit maybe once every few hours). But the weapons are just so satisfying to use, especially the boomerangs which still make me smile every time I catch them. And it rewards you for being smart even if you aren't fast on your fingers. I can take on a bunch of high-level enemies by freezing them, taking them on one-by-one, shocking them to drop their weapons and using them against them.

>I cannot reproduce this at all and the lighting looks very off.
It's easy as hell to reproduce. Just sneak up on an enemy, use the sneak attack, then quickly walk around to in front of the monster as it gets up and turns around.

>user gives his info to the Chinese government
>due to glitch in the system he is accidentally registered as a citizen and given a social score
>because user doesn't live in China and the government cameras used to spy on the Chinese people cant find him he has done nothing wrong to lower his social score
>because of this user has a perfect social score and is a more model Chinese citizens than the actual Chinese citizens

you dont have to defend it so autistically

Yeah I think OP is bitching about the bow thing because there isn't much else to complain about when it comes to combat but he did make me hope for all enemies to get the ability to wield bows and other weapons during combat

it has faults, but these threads have long overstayed their welcome honestly. People stopped caring like a year ago, I don't know why threads still pop up daily about this game as if it's any kind of news to anyone.

It's mostly just one mentally ill schizo

OBSESSED FOR THREE YEARS

boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/heIGxAbBJ-4AdyqsFMQHVg/

Get help.

Attached: 1562274889134.jpg (576x507, 49K)

I've only been able to do it consistently with moblins, never bokoblins as they turn around too quickly usually.
give all enemies lynel AI. problem solved.

Why are you so afraid to admit that BotW is one of the most acclaimed video games of all time?

Attached: 1562982934663.jpg (1223x959, 141K)

Jesus Christ.

>give all enemies lynel AI.
I think Nintendo would never do that unless it was for just silver and Gold enemies or maybe the sequel should just put in a lot more enemies that edge out the Bokoblins by the endgame and make it rare to find a Bokoblin because there are a lot more stronger enemies now

lmao that guy is going to shoot up a school soon.

>it’s been almost 2 years
Can’t wait for the salt to start over from the beginning when the second one comes out. Here’s an updated image, you’ll need it.

Attached: 711749F7-D5B2-447D-87AC-363B1F2A5ED6.jpg (791x1024, 105K)

only children play this game anyway

>165 results found
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I like how you assume I hate the game.

>Searching by imagehash
Based retard

Has it already been 3 years?

nice.

>BotW is one of the most acclaimed video games of all time?
It isn't though. It didn't sell very good, doesn't have a better metascore than anything Rockstar shat out in the last 10 years, userscore isn't even worth mentioning and the amount of GOTY awards is dwarfed by other games such as The Witcher 3 too. Keep living in your delusions though, if that helps you coping.

Doesn't excuse the damage sponge

>It isn't though.

Attached: 97.png (1080x1522, 957K)

gamesindustry.biz/articles/2017-06-05-how-will-the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-change-the-open-world-paradigm
cope

>arguing with scorefags
You seem to forget these people are under the impression of
>thing I like gets good score = 10/10 GOTYAY AHAHHAA user BTFO
>thing I like doesn't get good score = score isn't indicative of quality anyways, who cares?

>Still a worse metascore than GTA V and RDR 2
Your point?
>Literal who website
Good job

Attached: 1484181811347.webm (1280x720, 2.76M)

>iframes ended the moment the cane went down
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE THIS IS UNFAIR

>you're complaining about the zelda equivalent of a goomba
So it's okay for an endgame variant of a common mob that's supposed to be harder to have no changes to its AI or strategy? Doing more damage was the best they could do?

Also I think even the regular bow Bokoblins should at least be able to put away the bow and swing at you instead of standing there like a moron if you get too close.

it's a lead dev of TW3 praising the game.

I was gonna post Dark Souls.

>roll roll roll slash

fucking dogshit game

yikes

>to have no changes to its AI or strategy?
their AI does change, they see you from a greater distance and react more aggressively (e.g. low-tier bokoblins if they see a bomb will curiously approach it, high-tier ones will immediately throw it back at you)

Doesn't change the fact that it gets dwarfed by other games. The Witcher 3 has the most amount of GOTY awards and the highest userscore of all time, GTA V and RDR 2 both have a higher metascore. What does BotW have exactly? Oh right, nothing but some Bingtendies defending it on Yea Forums for free.

I knew there was something off between BOTW1 Zelda and BOTW2 Zelda

I didn't know her hair was puffier

Cope.

Attached: 1545431065639.png (1122x529, 88K)

>What does BotW have exactly?
>INB4 d-doesn't count!

KEK

This isn't bad combat. This is Phil getting a taste of his own daily dose.

Attached: 1499920620989.gif (500x281, 278K)

>image hash and not filename
Seethe more, please.

>Oh right, nothing but some Bingtendies defending it on Yea Forums for free.
Wouldn't a greater indication of quality come from the fact that so many people defend the game "for free" as opposed to being paid to defend it?

Attached: 1552716321101.png (357x371, 130K)

It's the best Zelda since MM

absolutely seething you got called out I see

That's a hit box and programing problem though, not a combat design one.

combat is literally all about hitboxes

>hit box and programing problem
he literally turned his back to the enemy

This happened to me on switch

no he didn't, the animation locked him into that position

That's not the point, dumb ass. If you search by image hash, you find every instance of the image posted and not just the filename, and even then a lot of people save the same filename as the image that they post.

hollow knight shilling

Not even fucking close.

Damn someone on Yea Forums talking about how valuable their time is while at the same time trying to argue against the fact that Botw was massively well-received by Reviewer, developers, and gamers and whos only logic is to bring up a couple of games that were equally or better received, which number in the tens out of hundreds of thousands of games.

Anti-Nintendo force is strong today.
What happened? Was a new game announced today? I missed it.

SPIN

Usually it's Sony fanboys, they must be bored because they have nothing to play. No games coming out this year.

It's literally denial. The same kind of denial that happened when RE 5 came out. No-one wants to think a sacred franchise is going to shit. So people pretend like it's good, and then over-compensate by elevating it to "best game ever" status. All so that no-one can publicly voice the one obvious truth: it's shit.

ah yeah it's really likely that more than even 3 people were posting that ancient webm huh?

euro hours are littered with salty sony boys, they've had no major releases for ages whilst switchads just got mario maker

>No games coming out this year.

And none next year either. PS4 is a dead system.

what? no, he rolled back making the character turn his back to the enemy and before the i frames started he got backstabbed

Up to this day PS4 is still just a Bloodborne Machine and I won't stop saying it.

you cannot be serious, just look at that shit and tell me that it makes any sense to get backstabbed from that?

>bugged enemies are bad combat now

Attached: 1388430825398.gif (264x198, 1011K)

>he rolled back
no he didn't, he didn't roll once.

>euro hours
I would like to respond you with ''fuck off, Burger'', but you are right. PS and FIFA are popular here. As a matter of fact, I have a friend who only plays FIFA lately (weeken league, or whatever it's called) and he refuses to buy it on PC. Which reminds me...
You are wrong. FIFA 2020 is coming out in a few months.

Attached: 1562785035085.webm (604x340, 2.93M)

mate I'm euro as well, the taste here is absolute garbage. It's all fifa like you said, all anyone fucking plays is fifa

You can see the character trying to roll just before getting backstabbed, I've already done this and I know how the game works.

>thinking over the animu garbage is "good combat"
>completely missing the point of what the devs where going for

whether that's true or not it's still retarded that it'd instantly lock you into the animation like that, it looks janky as hell and the visual information the player receives does not at all match up with the internal combat system. That is not good combat design, I don't give a shit how much people praise it.

the mental gymnastics one has to do like this autist just so he can shove this shitty game's monster AI on an emulator

Is this the first one? It's currently 10 euros on eShop. Worth buying? I've never played VC series, but I do know that 2 and 3 are Japan-only.
Also, if someone know, what is the difference between normal VC4 and Complete Edition? Is it just vanilla game with all DLCs (than can be bought separately), or is there something else, like boosted and nerfed units etc.
I apologize then.

I agree with you that being instantly locked like that is stupid and doesn't make a good game experience, but in a trial and error point of view you learn to not roll back but foreward or sideway which can be useful with some other enemies.
The combat as a whole is undeservedly praised and is mostly a dance dance revolution kind of gameplay, but personally I like it

to be far the webm quality is shit and he's right about the resolution

If botw2 doesn't have more variation in enemies, weapons and moves, I seriously won't give a shit about it.
They better do something about the weapon degredation too.

>They better do something about the weapon degredation too.
Yes. Leave it.
I agree with everything else in your post.

trial and error is objectively poor game design

they can leave it for all I care but they should do it in a more compelling, fun way

>MM
Can you be more predictable?

i don't understand how you guys manage to get the game to be so beautiful, i installed a bunch of packs and shaders but the resolution scaling fucks everything up and i can see the quality of the textures changing around my character while the landscape is a blurry brown and grey sludge. HOW

based welkin

Where are those opinions shared among people that matter, nearly every major reviewer has left massive praise with some grief over some of the things left behind in the transition into an open-world game and most seem to want more considering how positive people felt about them making a sequel.

What the fuck is even going on

Attached: Xenoblade 2 combat.webm (640x480, 2.28M)

you can forcibly increase LoD, shadow resolution, and internal resolution of the game. I also used some shader pack that I tweaked (mostly very subtle tweaks to saturation and contrast)

Attached: CEMU Screenshot 2018.06.07 - 06.09.12.11.png (1920x1080, 3.91M)

>native 480p
BotW doesn't run natively at 480p.

yes, the combat and ai is dogshit like a lot of things in the game

Attached: botw-ai.webm (640x360, 1.54M)

>GAME 2 HARD XDDD NEED UNBREAKABLE WEPAON

BotW is piss easy though

Halfway through the video, after the weapon breaks, the monster stands up and it is very apparent that it is not loading any actions

Not enough shit on the screen, i can still see the grass kinda

>pre-alpha footage

>you think people would do that? just go around posting the same shit posted by other people over and over again?

Attached: 2897416.png (644x644, 971K)

exactly

I got more hours in oddysey by collecting over 3000 moons and practicing speedruns

backstabs in ds1 are instant, he turned his back on the enemy when it wasn't locked into an animation, and it backstabbed him one frame later. looks janky as hell but that's what'll happen every time of you turn your back on them

Which game?

>insect vore malcom
bug eating niggers

Attached: HE.png (320x320, 136K)

The damage control

youtube.com/watch?v=U1UtRnGn5hc

fuck zelda, overrated shit franchise

Attached: s-l640.jpg (477x640, 66K)

I miss Jak and Daxter

>CEMU
>Bugs
Nice cope

It's not so bad when you start playing. You're focusing more on that stuff than the character's anyway. What's really bad is the overabundance of voices in combat.

>Theres no other way to play games than to spam one button.

What game is this?

NOOOOOOOOO NINTENBROS, M-MUH CEMU

>he turned his back on the enemy
if you say so, doesn't look at way at all to me but what do I know, right?

Honkai Impact, there's a general in

bruh I've played the game in cemu, see and it's not a flawless emulator, there's games that still don't boot at all in it. BotW still has some minor issues, the most obvious perhaps are the missing smoke particles at the top of death mountain.

How did an abbreviation, two words and a webm trigger so many people?

NINTENDOFAGS will defend this!

This reminds me, BotW reminds me of Jak and Daxter with the shield riding stuff, makes me wish we would get anothter one but then I remember what Naughty Dog has turned into.

Why are you not finishing the combo, what point are you making user? I get the combat is pretty lacking, but just acting like a retard and blaming the game is pretty gay.

it wasnt hollow knight, nobody ever shilled it. get over the fact that people like a game you suck at

Imagine having this shit taste

It gets replies, thats all the reason to post it.

OH NO NO NO NO NO NO LITERALLY MAKING SHIT UP THE ABSOLUTE FUCKING STATE OF NINTENDOFAGS

Attached: 1450219215221.jpg (638x599, 68K)

The point is that the enemy doesn't do shit

Thanks

>2018
Yawn, those are also my screenshots you posted you fucking nigger. CEMU works flawlessly

Shouldn't the post say bad AI then?

>Yea Forums image filename
Nice try dickface

Oh look, another one of these "the game gives me a million ways to kill an enemy, so I chose the most boring one" threads.

It's worth 10 euros. Pretty decent game

>zero social score is worse than bad social score
>user is marked for culling
>extradited to China
>harvested for organs

You shouldn't need to nerf yourself to make a game fun.

>I dont like zelda because its well known and well recieved
>posts well know well recieved series

Attached: soyrage.jpg (233x217, 9K)

Why do Bingtendies always end up derailing the thread with their schizo breakdowns instead of contributing to the thread?

they are my screenshots, here's another I took

Attached: CEMU Screenshot 2018.06.07 - 05.23.39.19.png (1920x1080, 2.97M)

Every single day until Botw 2

Attached: seconds.jpg (700x913, 122K)

Botw wouldn't get shitposted this hard if fans didn't out it to be the best thing since sliced bread. The game has flaws, and has probably the worst design in terms of bosses (all the blight bosses look the game and final ganon is a robot like the other ones) and dungeons compared to the other zeldas, even SS has very unique dungeons and boss fights.
Botw is better in almost every other aspect, and botw2 has an opportunity to build on it's short comings. I'm betting it gonma get meme'd on even harder when it comes out

Attached: harpy.jpg (850x992, 254K)

You may not like it, but this is what GOTY looks like.

Attached: botw-03.webm (852x480, 2.98M)

it's very likely he instinctively rolled away (because thats one of the first balders you can fight in dks1 so he didn't know what it could do), and the frame after he inputted the roll the enemy backstabbed because like that user said, backstabs are instant and the ai has frame-perfect reaction time
you can see his character kinda do something after the second stab which would be the opening frames of his roll before it gets cancelled by the backstab

"wow the literal dark souls of zelda" nintendo fags

that glitch was fixed not long after release, I remember when it got patched as it prevented you being able to freeze the stationary ruined guardians entirely

Is this is some kind of Chinese MMO ?

if that's the case that's still stupid, it looks janky as hell and is unironically unfair on the player too.

But MUH SALES and MUH SCORES. Funny how Sony fags barely ever do that. Nobody goes TLOU IS BEST RATED GAME EVER SHUT UP, you need to go full bingbingwahoo to think that's an argument

>not long after release
How long? I didn't own a Switch until a year later.

DAMN YOU FUCKING BTFO'D THE ENTIRE TENDIE COMMUNITY

Never have I seen a more appropriate usage of the word "cope".

Cope

Not even close. I would argue even the AssCreed garbage tops it, maybe even HZD. Witcher 3 is light years ahead of BotW in terms of combat and yet it gets criticized.

>coping

Attached: rolf.jpg (380x254, 26K)

>15 second cooldowns
Yikes

itt excellent combat systems

Attached: Link (1).png (1200x1200, 122K)

this is manipulated, the switch is just as exploitable as cemu

few months, I haven't been able to clip them underground since and the ruined guardians/turrets aren't freezeable at all anymore

The thing is - Nintendo fags only play nintendo games and therefore know fuck all about gaming. When someone praises Witcher 3 it's because they played everything else and they know it's objectively the best game of all time.

unironically works on my wii u machine

>the switch isnt as bad
>because its as bad

Attached: png.tiff.exe.hei.rar.zip.jpg (960x960, 86K)

But wasn't BotW's combat garbage nonetheless? Glitch or not the AI is braindead and the constant slow-mo mechanics makes it even more boring.

so what happens when witcher 3 praises breath of the wild?

it's unironically the best combat in an open world game, mainly because of proper use of environment as a weapon.

>nintendofag coping hard
keep playing at 900p 30 fps you soicuk

dragons dogma says hi

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Attached: 1516004397439.jpg (988x1059, 159K)

I actually played at 4k30fps via cemu.

Nope, BotW combat is decent at best and trash at worst.

Attached: botw-04.webm (852x480, 2.97M)

that doesn't actually contradict what I said, it is still the best open world game combat system out there.

Why do people like this game?
I watched a friend play through the second half and it had a terrible, annoying, and cliched story.
And the gameplay is a neat idea, but it is implemented horribly. It's a strategy game that scored almost exclusively on speed with ample ways to cheese through it's "difficulty" that somehow are far less interesting and more boring than grinding through a jrpg strategy game straight out of the mid 90s

I won't say you have a shit taste, but BotW's combat is far from being "the best".

move the stick to get up user, you can do it!

Skyrim, Witcher 3, most WRPGs really.

It isn't though, BotW combat is trash.

You can't criticize and enjoy a game at the same time?

really? as the only other open world game that comes close is MGSV

Is the amount of time you spend gathering, editing, and shilling all of this content really worth the gratification you get from it?

>the best open world game combat system
Is this what Ninties really believe?

Attached: 1561399493259.jpg (660x1024, 81K)

What's the differences between the Wii U and Switch version?

>Even close
MGSV easily surpasses BotWs combat and so does Terraria. BotW has lots of strengths, combat isn't one of them.

Even if it's chinkshit, I'm unironically looking forward to it. But why always compare it to BoTW?

Attached: 1549773454979.jpg (320x320, 19K)

>criticize
OP is just shitposting webms, he isn't even saying anything in any of his posts. Just dumping them for (You)s. I could understand wanting to discuss something critically, but this doesn't even count as thinly-veiled discussion, there's no discussion going on at all.

Even the likes of HZD completely shit onto BotW's combat.

Attached: VuRtR.jpg (1024x768, 163K)

>Terrariafag is in this thread
why am I not at all surprised
Terraria isn't a 3D open world game, it's an entirely different genre and plays nothing like these games. Go waste another 2000 hours in Terraria you turbo autismo

Attached: geralt fighting boss.webm (854x480, 2.98M)

Terraria is an open world game, you have no arguments.

HZD combat is mediocre junk, it's the cookie cutter approach and not a particularly good implementation of it. It does almost nothing with the environment for its combat and has even fewer enemy types than BotW does

While it may be trash, can you guys name any games that do open world combat better or are you just shitposting for the sake of it?

MGSV and Terraria

it is 2D minecraft.

Yes and?

MGSV is worse than botw, Terraria barely even has a comparable combat system plus

>But why always compare it to BoTW?
Because it's copying most of its aspects, even down to the menu GUI, what else should I compare it to, Dark Souls?

Attached: 1536985731581.jpg (2560x1440, 716K)

Imagine having to lie just to shit on botw
Game has plenty of faults, but instead of focusing on those you make up fake arguments, good job.

This is only confusing to brainlets and people who've never played the game.

>Defending faulty Hitbox/Hurtbox
So this is the power of Snoy... wow...

So why BOTW? What is it about this game that makes anons go wild and start shitposting after 3 years.
Genuine question, it doesn't seem like a bad game.

it has nothing in common with botw nor mgsv aside from technically being open world. What next, are you going to lump dorf fort in here? How about real life while you're at it?

Haven’t played BoTW yet and not those guys but I’ve been playing Dragon’s Dogma and fucking loving it.

Attached: 1AE45CEC-64D6-450E-A2AE-DCBD5CCF401D.jpg (700x800, 189K)

MGSV is miles better since it actually encourages getting creative instead of letting the most braindead option be the most effective one like in BotW.
>Terraria isn't comparable
Not an argument. Both are open world games, Terraria has better combat.

>It does almost nothing with the environment for its combat
It does a lot of interaction with the environment, saying shit like this just shows me you never played it. HZD combat is fast and precise, with decent use of slow-motion, not the garbage 8yo dodge mechanics from BotW.

>since it actually encourages getting creative
what

basically a bunch of anons tried to frame this as the next tortanic, but it backfired massively when it turned out to be a huge critical and commercial success, even going as far as to have rival developers praising it to high heaven as some kind of masterpiece. Whether you agree with those opinions or not, it made all previous posts predicting it to flop look moronic.

What the fuck? Odyssey as one of the best games of all time? If you're a baby maybe. The handholding is ridiculous and there's no challenge. It took me one weekend to get 999 moons and none of it felt interesting or difficult.

It's one of the best kid's games of all time.

>the attack physically missed him
>because of the obtuse way rolldodges are implemented (hitbox stays in the spot you started dodging, iframes activate, when the dodge is done iframes disable and then the hitbox position updates to where your dodge ended), it still technically hit his hitbox so he took damage
>even though the attack physically missed him
It's bullshit and you know it.

Being an open world game is the only requirement you ever asked for

>native 480p
retard?

>Not an argument
yes it is, crying that it is not an argument does not make it so.
>Terraria has better combat.
no it doesn't, Terraria does nothing special for its combat at all, it's quite literally zelda 2 tier.

git gud

No other game has a group of autistic fanboys getting mad every single time you say anything negative about BotW.
>yes it is
No it isn't.

It looks mediocre

it was implied to be 3D open world games, since that's what 99% of people think of when they hear the term. Who the fuck even calls 2D sidescrollers "open world"? That's not even a thing

>No it isn't.
yes it is
if you're going to be this petty, so am I

>No other game has a group of autistic fanboys getting mad every single time you say anything negative
my sides

Shouldn't be a problem as BoTW IS mediocre

Attached: 1536489640293.jpg (1800x1578, 427K)

No it isn't

yes it is

>when you have to pay more money to unlock hard mode but its just generic enemies take longer to kill garbage

Attached: 1559084834552.webm (853x480, 2.85M)

Not true. I'm a fucking huge nintendo fag with all the consoles nintendo produced starting from the NES and I also game on PC and PS4. While I have quite a few favorite from Nintendo, it's not exclusively that. In fact, here's my top 15 in no particular order just to prove you wrong.

>Tales of Legendia (PS2)
>Undertale (PC)
>Soul calibur 3 (PS2)
>Dark cloud (PS2)
>Terraria (PC)
>Don't starve (PC)
>Grandia Xtreme (PS2)
>Disgaea 4 (PS3/PSVITA)

>Pokemon SoulSilver (DS)
>Splatoon 1 (WiiU)
>Splatoon 2 (Switch)
>Legend of Zelda Oracle of Season (GBC)
>Kirby Super Star (SNES/DS)
>Castlevania Order of Ecclesia (DS)
>Muramasa the demon blade (Originally Wii, but PSVITA version is superior, I'll still include it in the Nintendo side just for you)

Now tell me again that I only play nintendo game

you've posted this exact same post before I swear

This is inexcusable, only literal fortnite epic zoomers could defend it.

Attached: 1555249076407.jpg (172x159, 11K)

Well, you may fool anyone that hasn't played this masterpiece.

see

Your image makes no sense.
What you said applies to multiple fanbases, not exclusive to BOTW you fucking dolt.
If you had any reading comprehension you could easily picked out I haven't played the game.

Only issue I v'e ever had playing BotW was (literal freezing when fighting White Moblins on the Hebra Mountains. The game just froze and I had to wait like 10 seconds to continue the fight. Apart from that, the game runs so smoothly on my TV with game mode that it almost looks like it runs at 60 FPS. Deal with that, snoys

Attached: 1494125523528.gif (555x555, 555K)

>MGSV is miles better since it actually encourages getting creative
>Make everyone stand still, kill them or sneak past them
Whew, that sure took a lot of thinking.

Why do you make things up to defend a shitty game

>ruined guardians/turrets aren't freezeable at all anymore
They are for me, I played the game two days ago.

The fact that people are still feverishly talking about it 3 years later changed my mind that it actually is a masterpiece.

>posts overrated sony trash franchise
at least post ratchet and clank

lmaoooooo

More like people are feverishly shitting on the game for 3 years after the hype died.

they aren't. To be clear, I am not talking about moving guardians you cut the legs off of, I am talking strictly of guardians that are stationary the entire time - such as the one outside the ancient tech lab in akkala.

>hitboxes work fine
>animations are good and clear
>there is good feedback from the hits

why is this bad?

You can't see what's wrong with it, I'd say you're the ideal Nintendo consumer.

Attached: 1543944931677.png (465x455, 444K)

can't you see? the AI of this dumb mook enemy is dumb, therefore it's all completely terrible!

OP is so mentally ill and traumatised by BotW being one of the best games of all time that he literally cannot cope.

Complete mental breakdown. All he can do is scour the internet and try find something he flaw the game on so can try and convince himself not to commit suicide.

And this is the best he can come up with. Cherry picked combat cheesing.

LMFAO you'd think after three years of humiliation and seething he would just give up. But obviously the trauma is too much for him. This is his life now.

Attached: 1553022511029.png (593x580, 621K)

No, even aftee the hype has long died down people are still calling BotW a masterpiece and its still topping GOAT lists.

Its funny that you can't handle it.

i mean could had been shit like this then i would agree the combat is absolute dogshit but zelda has amazing hitboxes, animations and specialy feedback when you hit and is hit by enemies

Attached: Muh souls.webm (960x540, 2.86M)

You're playing the "hard mode" wrong if that's how you're fighting enemies. Sorry I had to be the one to tell you even though the game makes incredibly obvious.

it is literally what Yea Forums would be like if it were around for OoT's release. These threads are truly magical.

I know. I went to the tower right outside the castle that has 3 stationary guardians. I can freeze them, just tried it again.

>playing only and exclusively bing bing

do you have a screenshot of where you're talking about?
kind of want to try this myself, might be an oversight

This is stupid, you can do this to any game

Attached: 345467765.jpg (300x218, 11K)

It's like the worst aspects of MMO and Monster Hunter games combined.

Attached: image1.gif (360x221, 1.39M)

What is it about nintendo that sends people into a three year long rage?

I could play dmc3/4 or ninja gaiden or god hand and do nothing but hit one button over and over and make it look like shit, too.

>it could have been shit like this
But it is, the combat is superficial as fuck. It's made for children.

Attached: 1558531084644.webm (1280x720, 2.95M)

it's fine for what it's trying to be :)

>twang!

Attached: 8199094.jpg (450x495, 38K)

it's actually easy to follow if you've been playing the game, since it gradually guides you through how it works. You're not even alloweds to break/topple an enemy until like 3 chapters in.

Basically what said applies; that webm is pulled completely out of context so of course it'll look like a clusterfuck to anyone that hasn't played it -as is the case with most RPGs, really.

what makes a good combat user?

indoctrination
Sony indoctrinated 2 whole generations of people into hating objectively good gameplay

>You're not even alloweds to break/topple an enemy until like 3 chapters in.
That just makes it sound even worse. Why the fuck would you be happy that core mechanics are locked off for so long for the sake of an overextended tutorial?

you can turn the battle voices off, in fact I strongly recommend you do so. I have no idea why the japs love that shit, it's autistic as fuck.

The combat has plenty of problems but From-tier hitboxes isn't one of them

>But it is, the combat is superficial as fuck

Attached: Zelda Casual 2.webm (1280x720, 2.84M)

twitter.com/jordy_j_s/status/1150183417985810432

This looks pretty cool.

technically you can topple if you find a blade with that ability, but rex+pyra can't do it until later on.

So who else here started playing BotW after the sequel was announced? I rushed through it back in 2017 so this time I'm actually taking it all in and even though the combat could be better I'm finding it comfy
anyone else /cozy/ here?

Attached: 243.png (500x500, 224K)

I'll thank you to stop posting pictures of good-looking people, it makes me feel bad about myself.

-TheDoctorsRaven1995

I booted back to play master mode which I pirated recently, but mario maker keeps distracting me from it now. Whenever I do play botw though I have a hard time putting it down, it's such a relaxing game.

Attached: 2019071519335800-F1C11A22FAEE3B82F21B330E1B786A39.jpg (1280x720, 158K)

2 years later and retards still can't understand that what makes BotW a masterpiece isn't the combat, that a game doesn't need good combat to be good, and that these webms of link stunlocking a single enemy ignore the fact that most enemy encounters involve at least 2 other enemies as well.

Attached: 1547372328422.png (706x674, 79K)

It took me a few second to even realize who was the Player Character

thanks user I'll check it out later. Weird that they apparently missed those, out of curiosity can you check whether you can timestop the one outside the ancient tech lab in akkala, as well as the ones underneath the lomei labyrinth in akkala? As those were definitely unfreezeable last time I played the game.

>it's actually easy to follow if you've been playing the game, since it gradually guides you through how it works
XBC2 has by far the worst fucking tutorials I've ever seen in a game, and I've played fromsoftware games.
With that said, it's pretty easy to learn the systems once you get there.
>You're not even alloweds to break/topple an enemy until like 3 chapters in.
Pretty sure Dromarch + Pyra can do that, and with Poppy you can launch.

>"people" actually fell for this obvious falseflag
Fucking pathetic.

>all the brainlets replaying to this post are the reason XC2 Torna combat was streamlined and heavily casualized
casual retards ruining things as usual.

Yup, can freeze those too. Can also freeze the ones under the labyrinth. Since they usually hide those turrets along with actual ruins I use the freezing mode to find them.

>XBC2 has by far the worst fucking tutorials I've ever seen in a game
how? it explains things pretty clearly and doesn't spend too long doing so. There's even some segments where it waits until you get it right before progressing to make sure you understand. XC and XC1 had far worse tutorials than that - main problem with XC2's tutorials is you can't view them again.
>Dromarch + Pyra
Pyra doesn't have topple until you arrive in Uraya, can't remember about Dromarch...been a while since I played.

that's bizarre, maybe the change was reverted at some point?
honestly no idea, I wish I had footage to prove it or that nintendo did proper changelogs.

Was that webm supposed to impress me? Lol, try again kid

Attached: 1558175165134.jpg (500x333, 36K)

This is not the fastest way to kill these guys though. Better weapons, armor, potions, and ice arrows would kill this guy so much faster. You are definitely nerfing yourself by playing this way. Secondly, I cometely disagree anyway. If the best way to kill an enemy was not the most fun for you, then who cares? Just do what you find fun. Botw is all about giving you that choice

So it's fine to try to be garbage?
Your entire rebuttal is "b-but FS games have bad hitboxes so BotW is g-good", lmao. Desperate strawman cope.

Not him and I overall liked BotW, but breakable weapons got annoying and it ended up being preferable to just not engage in combat if there wasn't a direct reward for doing so, because you often lost more resources than you gained.

>because you often lost more resources than you gained.
only in master mode, which tbqh you're meant to use alternatives to normal weapons anyway. Not that I wish to defend mastermode itself though as it was extremely lazily done.

yeah since monolith ia the main dev they gave her pyra fluffy hairs

>it ended up being preferable to just not engage in combat if there wasn't a direct reward for doing so
This isn't a bad thing

>but breakable weapons got annoying
I absolutely had no issues with this and I still don't get why people had it. Before I got the master sword I was mildly concerned over running out of decent weapons, but that never happened once. Once I got the master sword I never had any issues with weapons ever again. I never avoided any fighting either.

It's not garbage though :)

some people think that because you can easily dispatch enemies by mashing the attack button that that's what the game wants you to do and are unable to make the mental connect between that and the durability system, so you get a double whammy of people thinking the combat is braindead and having an absolute meltdown at the barely challenge given by the durability system.

The combat sure is.

Attached: 1449265607586.png (1440x1080, 1021K)

seethe more :P

Admittedly seething over here, but you can't say I'm wrong. BotW combat is pure shit, unless you're 12.

Attached: zoomda.png (1024x737, 1.09M)

no, it's just casual. But there's tons of fun shit you can do with it like the lightning boomerang

>combat

>no
So you're 12, that settles it.

Attached: 2533077-781105104.jpg (600x800, 137K)

not even an argument lmao you're crying over a children's game

Why do people want souls tier grindy combat from a field enemy in a open world adventure games? This shit literally only makes sense in your niche corridor walking sim.

I told you the rules:
either you acknowledge the combat is shit (because it really is);
or you're a zoomer kid who haven't played enough games to have basic critic sense.

Don't blame me, kid.

but it's not :)

Like I said, when you grow up you'll understand (or maybe not, but I hope you do).

>Critiquing combat
Is there an easier way to spot fat virgins who have no friends so they rely on AI to fill the gap. Maybe go out an improve your life

Use a sword in real combat and it won't last long if you don't care for it. Durability is a real thing faggot.

My "rebuttal" is the combat has problems but it certainly isn't the fucking animations/hitboxes that need work you retard
It's the AI and the stunlocking that needs fixing

>sword irl during those ages cost a man a years wages or more
>breaks in 5 minutes on the first sparring session

Attached: 1562096045352.jpg (700x700, 24K)

>Is there an easier way to spot fat virgins who have no friends so they rely on AI to fill the gap
How did you even come up with this ridiculous allegation? Almost sounds like you're projecting.

this game is awful

Can't wait for fotm Korean grindan adventure #678544!

it's cozy, but it sucks to play. if you want cozy, but also a game to play, just play animal crossing. i mean this unironically.

>this game is awful

Hot opinion. Big if true.

because the setting isn't your typical JRPG fantasy trash and the gameplay is a welcome change from mindless turn based

struck a nerve ;)

I fucking hate this game, I hate the shrines, i hate the empty fucking fields, I hate the fucking combat and most of all I hate thats theres only 4 bosses before a QTE ganon fight

Do you really think, Yea Forums of all fucking places, is above posting the exact same shit over and over instead of making new content?

I bet you struggle to have a normal conversation with people as you can't use emoticons in real life to demonstrate sarcasm.

Attached: ie6h8k660kk01.jpg (1511x2015, 293K)

user I think you missed the sarcasm of my post

my balls

Attached: 1562804296053.jpg (640x640, 185K)

BOTW didn't reward exploration well since it was only spirit orbs, and eventually you realize combat has no rewards or reasoning to engage in it. Plus I think the glider was too fucking good, leaving no small exploration puzzles to solve or using the horse. You just spam fast travel and glide everywhere after a few hours, and even entering new areas is plenty of gliding around.

The plateau was really good, I remember people cutting down trees to cross the river. Anywhere else in Hyrule, no reason to ever do something like that

Thanks user, I think I'll just wait for the new one even though it's still ways off
I've got a backlog to get through anyways

no, it's more that the shitposters can't cope

Ironic coming from the guy who can't post without a reaction image. Its ok sweetie

I bet you never leave your room at all lmao

and I wasn't being sarcastic ;)

>blatant flame bait thread is still up
Mods wonder why people prefer off topic on this board

Did you intentionally go in and try to record the worst section of combat you could possibly force and capture? Whoever was playing didn't even attempt to land any combos or anything.

I literally can't believe that Yea Forums hated one of the best games of a generation, but that they're STILL so salty and upset about it that they can't go a single day without seething

Cope with what? I enjoyed BotW despite all the flaws such as the shit combat, I don't regret buying the game at all. BotW drone however will keep seething whenever anyone mentions something slightly negative about BotW until the end of times. Feels good to know that I can trigger these schizos by simply posting webms and images.
>STOP DISCUSSING VIDEO GAMES
Fuck off back to R*ddit.

Shame you can't care for your weapon in BOTW

If the most effective strategy it not to use combos why should you be expected to use combos?

You seem to be pretty upset with people that think your criticism is bad.

Nope, I just enjoy shitting on drones.

I'm telling you right now, I'm a NEET, but that doesn't make BotW's combat magically become good, kid. Get over it.

So, if combat is so good, where are the webms that show it?

no, but that means you don't know shit, get over it :)

>BOTW didn't reward exploration well since it was only spirit orbs
they're better than heart pieces, which were the optional rewards for exploring in past zelda games. At least with spirit orbs you get an option of upgrading stamina or health. Also, a horse moves faster horizontally than the glider in most situations.
>I remember people cutting down trees to cross the river. Anywhere else in Hyrule, no reason to ever do something like that
there's a shrine in the gerudo highlands that basically requires you to do that.

lol cope

>If the most effective strategy
You have arrows, bombs, and a sheikah slate full of magic to slaughter that guy in seconds, you you intentionally stalled and decided to poke for 5 minutes.

How come? I've spent all my time playing games, I definitely know more than you, brat. And I've also played BotW (emulated). It's 7/10 at most. Get over it.

Those were all posted two and a half years ago

>I'm telling you right now, I'm a NEET
Glad to know I was correct

cute :)

Congrats man, I'm glad we agree BotW combat is garbo.

>I'm a NEET
>I definitely know more than you

Attached: 1489981471268.jpg (337x473, 28K)

>I'm glad we agree
Cope

Epic comeback fella! Upvoted!

What game even? I'm interested and don't care what the chinks have on me

Honkai Impact, there's a general on

>thread is filled with outward webms

seething

>b-but still!
He turned around and got stabbed in the back for it.

Now this is bad combat.

Casual Pandering at it's finest.

Attached: Hold O to Win.webm (640x360, 2.66M)

it does not look like that's what he did at all.

odyssey is literally the worst mario game in over a decade

>not an argument in sight

okay kid

>odyssey is literally the worst mario game in over a decade

Big if true.

I love this game and also have a lot of fun with the combat, but I also admit in a lot of areas the combat is really shit because of how easily exploitable everything is. You really have to go out of your way to make it a challenge.

The challenge is in pulling off what you want to do well

>only noticed there was extra shit once warning: low semen popped up

>cherry-picked webms of stunlocked enemies.

How fucking sad do you have to be to post this shit for years on end? Is this the best haters can come up with? Fuck me lol.

Attached: 1529531556563.gif (207x207, 1.37M)

Personally it makes feel a glow when I know certain people are still utterly seething over BotW.

Ever notice how whenever someone posts an example of BotW's not so great combat it's with enemies that have an absurd amount of health?

any WRPG has bad combat.

Attached: wrpg-combat.webm (960x540, 2.87M)

also just one enemy at a time

has science gone too far?

with a strong weapon to stunlock it with. Really makes you think.

Why does this reminds me so much of Bloodlines club dancing animation?

falseflag

>I grind out best item in game for simple enemy
>I break enemy AI like all game
>Bad combat me mad
>Grr Nintendo stop have fun game
k

Try not to get upset by being told an objective fact. It's a bad look.

>NSMBU
>60 hours or more

>people not understanding what happened in that webm
the turn is instant, it's an animation problem and not a mechanical one

swords were extremely common back then, and even amateur swords never broke. worst case scenario is some chipping on the edge, and some bending. that didn't matter, because swords don't cut through people like butter. they cut the skin and crack the bone.

>I don't like the game but I have played it over 200 hours
I am confusion

Attached: Confused trump.gif (360x203, 3.05M)

>Not having armor