ITT good games from your childhood that aged like trash

ITT good games from your childhood that aged like trash

Attached: studentblog1_photo1[1].jpg (1280x960, 917K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Knu3mIwdNXQ
nquake.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=qIsLkn89IoY
youtube.com/watch?v=4kth9SfY7p4
youtube.com/watch?v=dee0cPBXbGM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

okami aged?

I bet you actually aged like trash. Post a pic of yourself.

No. Still perfectly playable and better world and gameplay than 99% of games.

All the elements that made okami are ageless
All the problems are still the same.
Also I'm sorry you are 12.

>Okami
>Aged like trash

Please please PLEASE consider getting a vasectomy, the last thing we all need is another one of you running around in the future.

Attached: 1358727114586.png (500x375, 122K)

Okami has a crazy amount of hand holding, the game constantly tells you what to do and how to solve every puzzle. There's a cutscene every 3 minutes. Nowadays few people can stand this shit.

>games from your childhood
>okami
This shit came out when I was 20. What the fuck? How young is this board?

Not OP but I'm 25, Okami came out when I was in middle school.

>No. Still perfectly playable
yeah I know, I'm just surprised someone would say that it aged

>Nowadays few people can stand this shit.
That's ironic, considering how much acclaim modern games get, when they share the exact same negatives you listed.

Try replaying it faggot.

>childhood
I was in college when Okami was released, new fag.

>[insert any cinematic game here] has a crazy amount of hand holding, the game constantly tells you what to do and how to solve every puzzle
>gets GOTY
really makes you think

wrong opinion

Attached: file.png (1024x768, 1.41M)

gf bought it during the steam sale and forced me to play it since I made her play new vegas.

I haven't gotten very far, but so far I think it's cute and plays fine

>remove the second Orochi fight
>remove the boss rush at the end
>speed up dialog or make it instant so you can actually read and spam past it all
>On/Off the little bug guy who literally explains everything and reacts to fucking EVERYTHING

so funny all this is what every zelda had
Remove item pickup popups and general handholding is whats needed. Also up difficulty.

Attached: 1530427947007.jpg (1920x1080, 280K)

your gf has great taste

i got an actual headache from the weird noises the characters do when they talk so i couldnt even play past the tutorial, okami made me feel nauseous

>I have ADHD
lmao take your meds faggot

Keep the second Orochi fight, just make it significantly different from the first one

Those can be turned off in the HD remaster. First thing I did.

Still, it's not a very good game.

Sad. I got this game on sale the other day because I've pretty much run out of stuff to play and I hate most of the games I'm trying to 100%
I was hoping it'd be amazing but this thread dampened my expectations

Attached: 1562770355959.jpg (830x1200, 121K)

The game was popular back then because of the art style (which is not that impressive 10 years later). Apart from that it's a typical kids game for Wii.

Ignore the jaded cunts itt and just go for it mate.

I will. Hope it's good. Turns out most of the games I enjoyed when I played them on release are fucking trash that falls apart when you look past the spectacle of glitzy graphics or hand-holdy mechanics so it's hard to get excited about anything. I really hope Elden Ring comes out soon.

Attached: PicsArt_07-13-03.05.43.jpg (2066x1440, 264K)

Tried the Steam version the other day and you're 100% spot on.

The game begins with a short two-minute cut scene that explains the backstory. There was a town with a monster that caused trouble. Then a magical wolf defeated the monster and the town was saved. Great. Except after watching the intro you're presented with the same simple story extended for literally 20 minutes of irritating exposition dump.

The characters are super "quirky", particularly the little bug guy, which just makes it a real chore to get through as you smash A. It feels like they could have stripped four out of every five lines of dialogue, but instead they're determined to frustrate the player before they're even able to start playing the game.

After 20-minutes of spamming the A button, finally you can control the wolf dude. But only for a second. That stupid bug interrupts you every five seconds to explain gameplay mechanics that are actually entirely self-evident. He's worse than Navi.

This is literally one of the most annoying introductions to a game I've played.

re-played it early last year, the hand-holding is really irritating but else I still think it holds up. really depends what you're expecting out of it, if you're looking for a hardcore/ challenging adventure it definitely isn't the right game

Nah, it's a great game. Has its flaws but the game makes up for them in other ways.

Okami was like the wolf link sections from Twilight Princess + excruciatingly slow Captain Obvious tutorials that literally never end.

It didn't actually sell that well but some hipsters liked it because muh traditional Japanese art style.

Okami aged like fine wine you retard

Pic unrelated right

>>On/Off the little bug guy who literally explains everything and reacts to fucking EVERYTHING
No. Issun is based. Here's a thread theme
youtube.com/watch?v=Knu3mIwdNXQ

>Yea Forums gets mad Okami is too easy and holds your hand
>Yea Forums also gets mad wonderful 101 is too hard and doesn't hand hold enough

Make up your minds you jaded niggers

If Issun is Issunboshi then why does he stay a manlet and doesn't get a qt princess to marry in the end?

Okami is pretty much the same as it was on launch, still suffers from the same issues that were apparent from day 1. Still great despite those flaws.

It's a good game that just drags on a little too long.
I even cheesed everything with dodge-cancelling double shotguns, and it still was fun.

Yeah, pretty much this
I dropped the game after 40 minutes, it was absolutely annoying

man I ended up waiting over a decade to play this game after seeing some of a walkthrough for it, sub-consciously building up expectations the entire time and when I finally got to play it it lived up to everything I hoped it would be. I loved it and it was one of if not my absolute favourite playthroughs of a game ever

Attached: 458664.gif (400x231, 974K)

It gets good about 6 hours in, just power through it. It's just how it is with Japanese games.

>buy okami hd for PS4
>It let's you skip cutscenes and dialogue immediately instead of waiting for ng+
Absolutely based

Yep. I quit in half an hour because it felt like a complete waste of my time

>Just waste 6 hours of your life bro

Okami is still the best Zelda game.

So what you're saying is, that it was way ahead of its time and should've been released in current year?
Cause that's what most games are at the moment

Okami needs some serious trimming, then it would be GOAT. The locations/levels/dungeons/mechanics themselves are pretty great for the most part.

this

>Yea Forums hates Okami now
Alexa, deploy nukes on my position.

There's nothing about Okami that aged in the slightest. In fact, the problems I have with the game now are the same I had when I played it on the PS2. Fucking combat.

Can you even die in Okami? lmao fucking casual shit

good to hear user. Haven't play since release but I'd still consider it one of my favorites. Artsytle and gameplay work great together, it was a blast running around and exploring the world.

Only if you enter one of the monster holes with no recovery items and shit weapons

you mean a typical PS2 game for kids, which is a huge part of why people were all "GOTY GOTY GOTY", "Zelda beater!" at the time
they all stopped singing its praises once it stopped being exclusive to PS2, funny huh?

Attached: DF56D9E6-76EC-4321-9416-A1DEA677A85D.jpg (385x300, 33K)

>i got an actual headache from the weird noises the characters do when they talk
I could never relate to this complaint

I admit I loved Okami way more in 2007 when I first beat it than when I platinum'd it a year ago on PS4 but it's still atleast a 9/10 game.

Attached: 1274474231267.jpg (900x636, 202K)

OP aged... well, probably not mentally.

Attached: OP.gif (500x500, 660K)

ITT zoomers who are pissed that they were born too late to appreciate video games.

>childhood
But yes, lot of the mechanincs were bareboned and the game itself was piss easy. Still very fun to replay though.

posting a secret preorder wallpaper

Attached: 1513821913962.png (1920x1080, 3.88M)

For the longest time, I thought I was the only one who ever played Glover for the N64. I used to change the ball into the crystal form and have him bounce it to shatter it in a million pieces for shits and giggles.
I still hear that evil bastard's laugh when going to the hub world.

>40h long tutorial
The fuck was Hackmiya thinking?

More like seething Kaminacucks who can't handle people not liking his game

Kamiya has made some of the hardest games out there, he literally said that experiencing folklore shouldn't be difficult. I do agree to some extent that I feel the game oversteps in its hints to the player, but I had no issue with the game being easy.

Whats it like being a bitch?

It's the best Zelda game since Ocarina of Time. Give it a shot on the HD version if the noises make you nauseous. The intro can be a bit long, but once Kamiki Field is purified it opens up in a myriad of ways.

idk man i played it when i was a kid and played it pretty recently when it came to steam and still enjoyed it.

Its literal zoomers with shit opinions. I played Okami for the first time 5 years ago and thought the game was fantastic.

Fuck off underage with your facebook memes.

I never understood it either. It's like people who found the voices in Banjo Kazooie annoying, it doesn't make any sense.

I'll never understand opinions like this. Played through this game last year again and I never felt like it was annoying at any point.

The second Orochi fight was a good device for the game, it just needed to be far more different than it was. Orochi should have, for example, been able to combine some elements for new attacks. The boss rush was also enjoyable as it gave some additional substance to the Ark of Yamato and dealt with all the demonic souls that were heading north.

whats the point of battles if they dont give you anything

They give you money and demon fangs. They're also fun.

That only little kids would ever play this game.

So Hackmiya thinks that kids are stupid?
What a fucking retard, no wonder the game sold like trash.

>there are no items worth buying because the game is so easy
>never bothered to get demon fangs
>not fun because every fight is mash square to win
meh. this game could have been fun.

Walking on water was great, and there are plenty of weapon combinations. Suplexing demons to the moon and back was a blast.

People will call you a faggot for shitting on their childhood vidya, but this is very accurate.

One time I was at a gamestop with my gf and bought her a copy of okami (the wii re-release) and as I picked it up, some other girl there (by herself) came up to me and was like "that game's really fun! you're gonna have a great time with i! i love it!" or something like that, and I was like "yeah, i know, it's fantastic, isn't it? i already played it, i'm getting it for my girlfriend, she's right over there" and she was all disappointed and shit, i felt bad for shooting her down but i felt like i had to, did i do the right thing bros?

they are annoying nigger

>typical kids game for Wii.
kys zoomer go play the ps2 release
>Elden Ring
You are a dumb nigger. You are the dumbest blackest gorilla monkey nigger I have ever seen. Go play Brigador, Underrail, Rain World,

I guess you never played skyward sword.
Actually even twilight princess has a really annoying intro area that takes a couple hours.

lmao at all these ocuckmi fags mad that op dislike it. pathetic creatures

Attached: 1555460230098.gif (290x189, 2.9M)

After playing it through a second time, it became very apparent how annoying Issun is. And he never lets up, he just continuing to explain the entire game to you

shite bait m8

Okami didn't age. It was always way too long with too much exposition for the story it was trying to tell. It's like if you made the story of Zelda pretentious while also making the gameplay even more shallow.

The art and music and "atmosphere' is all on point, but the act of actually playing this game is painfully boring in my humble opinion.

Attached: 1361538994225.jpg (746x272, 32K)

>okami is too easy!

I'd wager none of you could beat Devil May Cry on Dante Must Die, Viewtiful Joe on Ultra V-Rated, Bayonetta on Infinite Climax, or The Wonderful 101 on 101% Hard without copious item use let alone get top ranks.

>Okami is too easy
>YEAH WELL THESE OTHER GAMES ARE HARD SO FUCK YOU

Are you okay there, user?

I S-ranked all of DMD mode, but I happen to like Okami too. It's a different style of game.

Having a stroke there every game must rape my ass with a rusty razor or its not a good game-kun?

Playing through this game for the first time and as much as I’m loving it for so many different reasons, the humor of the game completely throws everything off for me, specifically in regards to Issun’s writing. All of the perverted and outright misogynistic moments just feel so low-brow and out of place juxtaposed with how elegant the world is. I’ve still put in way more hours than I’d like to admit on this game though, and I’m definitely gonna be putting in some more.

1v1 me in quake
server's up
nquake.com/

Don't have an autism attack, dude. Yeah, it is a super fucking easy game. If you told me they literally didn't bother putting a game over screen into the game because they believed nobody would ever see it, I would believe you. Even the best games have flaws, and Okami's is that it is piss easy. Okami is one of my favorite games ever, but that doesn't mean I don't wish it wasn't a mostly braindead game the entire way through.

Played it a month ago

The only issue I had with it was the same issue I had when I played the ps2 version, and thats the lack of difficulty.

>outright misogynistic moments

Attached: 1525602479394.jpg (582x502, 39K)

>Super Handholdy
>Obvious puzzle answers
>Get tool in dungeon, use tool in dugneon, never use it again
>Boring combat
>Too many text bubbles

fuck zelda.

>Demon scrolls not hounding your ass isn't great
>More ink isn't great
>Drawing items and money towards you isn't great
>Walking on water isn't great

>that one section where you shrink to issuns size

Attached: IssunLarge.png (1275x1413, 2.44M)

HAA WAA

Attached: 1478139779079.jpg (418x322, 25K)

I kind of liked Okami overall but yea its start is pretty trash.
Also, the fact that you have to run for a few seconds in order to speed up to a sprint makes it feel fucking awful to stop to pick something up or dig. And whenever you pick up an item in this game you have to skip through the fucking item description. Again.. and again and again...

Kamiya is a hack man.

The music is beautiful
youtube.com/watch?v=qIsLkn89IoY

How can you dump on that?

Pretty sure that a dash puts you into sprint mode

Whatever

Attached: 1520273146021.png (447x701, 138K)

>remove the second Orochi fight
Thematically, it should be in the game. It just shouldn't have been the same fight.
>remove the boss rush at the end
It should at least be a gameplay mode
>speed up dialog or make it instant so you can actually read and spam past it all
Remove Issun and this wouldn't even be a big deal.
>On/Off the little bug guy who literally explains everything and reacts to fucking EVERYTHING
See above. Worst character.

>never bothered to get demon fangs
nigga figuring out each enemy's demon fang method and consistently finishing them off with a floral finisher is what makes the combat fun

It's true though, Issun was constantly hitting on all the women and going "dude boobs lmao" every chance he could.

It's probably funny when you're a horny 13 year old, but aggravating when you're trying to enjoy the game as an adult.

2006 was 13 years ago, bro.

>Viewtiful Joe HD Collection will never come out in your lifetime
youtube.com/watch?v=4kth9SfY7p4

WHY HAVE THIS GLORIOUS REFERENCE TO A GAME THAT NOT EVEN PORTED TO PC/8TH GEN CONSOLES
shit woulve been so badass
yeah sure emulation works but thats all those games have on offer right now really. dont wanna buy a PS2/GC for them

Same breh. I emulated it on PCSX2 in 2018 and it was magical

they gotta make 3 first so that they can release them as a trilogy

based

Thanks for the wallpaper bro

zoom zoom

>All of the perverted and outright misogynistic moments just feel so low-brow and out of place
Widen your pelvic axe wound

Attached: 1561729577473.jpg (750x1000, 173K)

I played Okami in my mid 20s. Just because youre some s.oyboy who hasnt even held hands with a girl doesnt make it "aggravating". Its funny stuff. Get over yourself you dumb nigger.

>Okami came out a few months before I turned 14
>People a decade younger than me will be allowed to post here next year

>People a decade younger than me will be allowed to post here next year

I'm pretty sure that they already are

I know, but I started coming here around 2011, at the time I was around 18 or 19 myself, so it feels weird that people a decade younger than me will soon be as old as I was back then.

youtube.com/watch?v=dee0cPBXbGM

I still have this music stuck in my head because I remember spending ages on that part of the game, because I had trouble figuring out what to do.

A lot of the complaints in this thread are the same my younger brother made when I showed him this game. He has attention deficit disorder so he couldn't even sit through the intro and he got super mad that he couldn't skip it. Oh well, zoomers gonna zoom

>overrated game doesn't hold up anymore
wew lad, what a red pill

I'm surprised they don't find Okami the hardest game of the decade considering sitting still for 20 minute exposition dump is practically impossible for zoomers. Can't imagine how they feel about literal textbooks like Planescape.

Planescape Torment's writing is actually meaningful, not just low effort padding, you silly weeb.

That wasn't the point, retardo.

yes!
im acctually playing it right now on an emulator

>i'm acctually really sad there's never going to be a better game