Am I doing something wrong, here?

It seems to me that I'm spending 90% of my time in fights retreating.

For example, this mechanic of air launching people feels like total cheese. I think it's fun to press triangle and web zip to enemies or swing into them when you hold down R2, but this mechanic of hovering 10 meters above the fight while you punch enemies is bullshit. All the enemies have lines about how unfair it is whenever you do it, and I agree. Since when did Spider-Man's powerset include flight? And the game encourages it so heavily, too. Looking at the skill tree it seems most combos in the game require this hovering shit to initiate, it builds focus the fastest of all attacks in the game, and it's the most consistently safe way to get damage in. But I don't feel much different when I use it than if I were spending all my time running around the edge of the fight and throwing webbed enemies into walls one-by-one. It's just really cheesy but the game is built around it.

And you learn very quickly to rely on the air combat to do damage because Spider-Man takes so FUCKING long to punch people, holy crap. Compared to the goons you fight, he attacks way slower and way weaker too. Doesn't this bitch have both super-strength and super-speed? Please try using like maybe 0.01% more of it to floor these cunts in less than the default 4 hit combo, goddamn. He feels like a skinny 65 kilo manlet trying to punch up by 2 weight classes in a fight, not a superhero. You yourself get laid out by a single punch. Air attacking is crucial to getting good damage in otherwise you only have time for like one hit before needing to dodge.

Attached: spider man box.jpg (600x600, 90K)

Especially when these big roidrage cunts show up, then you gotta run for the fucking hills so you have enough time to web him and beat on him using these extremely slow and pissweak combos before his buddies show up and gang back up on you.

And when these fools with the riot sticks show up you gotta tread fucking lightly because apparently they've got the strongest riot sticks in the universe because not even a web strike can break their guard. And not only does it not break their guard, they also counter. Why can't Spider-Man get a counter punch? Some two-bit thug with a stick knows how to counter punch and Spidey's been doing this for 8 years now. I save my impact webs for these bitches but there's only 3 of them and they don't recharge very quickly.

Does this get any better? I think I'm pretty early in the game because I only have impact webs and the gadget wheel looks pretty empty, so I assume that I get better tools as I go? These Fisk sites and random encounter fights are pretty tedious, though. Spider-Man feels like a cowardly bitch to me.

What am I doing wrong, here?

>Am I doing something wrong?

Well, first and foremost, you bought it. So yeah.

>moonswinging in 2018

Attached: 1548087481977.webm (1280x720, 1.39M)

Web of Shadows still is the most fun to play cause of the combat desu

do people actually care about this?

Spider-man games have never had a nice combat system. PS4 one was total non-sense. You fight tons of people and you're supposed to "launch" them in air and juggle when you could just web them in the ground or throwing them off a skyscraper. Punches have no weight and enemies took to much to be KO'd by the fucking Spiderman. Batman did it better and the "bahman combat" is just a meme for faggots that never cared to bring thr combat to high levels

Attached: 1553152850260.jpg (654x655, 21K)

>Since when did Spider-Man's powerset include flight?
since forever
you can still win without air launching but it takes longer. maybe just git gud at this pathetically easy game

This is Yea Forums
Do you not see the other autistic topics? Not around for the Tifa debacle?

>complain that combat is cheesy and unsatisfying because of how long and slow it is to do anything
>"hurr you're just bad at it, just take the long way around"
you sound stupid

well you're complaining about autistic shit so i dont know what you want. this is a game for kids

>this combat feels unfun
>"hurrrrrrrrr why are you being so nitpicky and autistic lmao just turn your brain off bro"
fuck off

>Batman did it better and the "bahman combat" is just a meme for faggots that never cared to bring thr combat to high levels
Turning off the spider senses in the batman games makes it fun, I wish it was an option to do it by default instead of locking it behind NG+

I remember that you just have to select hard difficulty? Leaves out those and makes enemies faster and harder

>These Fisk sites and random encounter fights are pretty tedious, though. Spider-Man feels like a cowardly bitch to me.

>What am I doing wrong, here?

You don't like the game.

People would like for the game that "really makes you FEEL like Spider-Man" to actually bother to anchor him to objects and have proper swing mechanics rather than automated, half-hearted shit.

Learn to dodge better, the flying ones are the only ones you really have to stay above ground to fight

The game design in general is poor.
Ememy variety is lacking, boss encounters are scripted to a ludicrius extent, missions are often tedious rather than engaging, etc. It was made to wow you once for the sale and nothing more.

3/10 made me reply
it's a decent game, stupid but fun combat system (in ultimate) that's miles better than bamham. That said, i really feel like this game is more of a tech demo for Spiderman PS5, and the DLC is the ultimate sony jewery, it adds virtually nothing gameplay-wise and could have been in the game since the start.

also fighting ultimate cybermafia in dlc was a fucking pain in the ass

Dodging better doesnt fix the basic issue that all your attacks do like 0 damage, do not stun enemies, and take forever to come out. So you'd better get real fucking comfy spending several minutes love-tapping enemies to death until you get bored and just start air cheesing them to get the fight over with already. Or just web them up and fling them into a wall, retreat, repeat, retreat, repeat, retreat, etc. Always retreating. Always cheesing. Combat is lame. Give me more of Cutscene Peter who can disarm like 3 guys at once and actually do damage with his strikes. I feel like some random joe cosplaying as Peter in real gameplay.

>the game encourages it so heavily, too
Literally only need to to do this when you fight people with melee weapons. I don't like this either, just use gadget on those cunts instead. Juggling enemies is anti-fun for DMC retards.

jesus christ the game is easy as shit, you're just a retard

user maybe don't try to do all the optional objectives when you're low level? I don't know what to tell this was never an issue. You level up heavily in story missions, so don't go on optional missions if you feel like they're too hard for you. This shouldn't be a problem, you created it for yourself somehow

I spent like no time in air during fights, most of the time i just dodged,Did a few punches and spammed gadgets. You dont need to spend ages beating up fat dudes and armored dudes, just web them and stick them to walls.

Its real simple combat, flashy but not very intense. Its only slighty better than bam ham because of the mobility and verticality but it could definitely be improved.

Attached: 1556521202686m.jpg (949x1024, 67K)

>Spiderman isnt ripping and tearing through enemies
Spider-Man is (nearly) always pulling his punches and disabling people rather than beating them to a bloody pulp. Also in game your damage will increase as you level, but it shouldn't take you more than 3 seconds to KO most grunts anyway.

>complain that it's boring and cheesy
>"you just think it's too hard lmao"
Retard

>Spider-Man is (nearly) always pulling his punches and disabling people rather than beating them to a bloody pulp.
Bullshit, I can rip car doors off their hinges or manhole covers out of their placements and throw them into people's faces. That's murder.

He IS stupid.

>feel that they're too hard
See

Chipping away at a rock that doesn't move or fight back is also 'easy', dipshit, and just as unfun.

Thats a video game user. I was just saying that to be upset that spiderman is playing like spiderman and not batman or daredevil is silly.

His schtick with most fights is being an untouchable mobile glue man, and without his webs he just becomes a defensive mma circus perfomer. Hes capable of lifting at least 25 tonnes but he doesn't want to kill people user.

GIT GUD SCRUB

just spam web bomb and impact webs

Not him, but the fights are easy as shit and most are breeze. It takes like 4 taps to KO most thugs (around 2 seconds) and the gadgets are even faster. How far into the game are you?

>It takes like 4 taps to KO most thugs (around 2 seconds) and the gadgets are even faster.
Maybe if you're playing on the easiest difficulty, for me it takes 2-3 cycles of the 4 hit combo to actually ko thugs.

>actual fucking brainlet
Dude just web them and stick to them a wall, disarm riot stick fags or throw shit at them. The games pretty fucking easy and you even slow down time when you dodge right.

user this game is easy as piss on the hardest difficulty. If your having a hard time i dunno what to tell you, litteraly no fight in the game is hard, and it gets even easier as it goes on and you get more moves.

See

>Dude just web them and stick to them a wall
What did I tell you about the fact that running around in circles as you throw guys and wait for web shooters to recharge being boring and lame? Read posts.

Excuse it however you want, there is a massive disconnect between what Spider-Man should logically be able to do with his powers and strength and what he's actually capable of doing in gameplay (except for the murder attacks which don't count) and its pissing me off. Like the game turns on a hidding setting that gimps the fuck out of the player prior to the start of gameplay and there's no way to turn it off.

Ah yes, the TRUE Spider-Man game. No running away or bullshit like that. You fight face to face like a real man.

Attached: downloadfile-29.jpg (500x400, 58K)

You're joking, but I prefer it.

I liked it a lot too. Didn't play any other Spider-Man games.

I dont get why Spidey doesnt just clock this guy in the face and end the fight immediately. Surely his suit of armor and durability warrants unzipping a bit more of the super strength than what normal thugs receive. Like, you spend his boss fight in the ps4 game dropping construction equipment on him. I'm pretty sure my fists could hit equally as hard, if not harder.

Why the fucks do brainlets these days interpret the word 'tedious' as 'hard'? I see the same thing in BOTW threads, whenever anyone complains about weapon degradation being a fucking chore people tell them to 'git gud' like that has anything to do with anything.

In the game from the pic(Spiderman 2), his attacks consist of charging forward with his horn. Therefore you just let him hit the wall and you attack him while he's dizzy. You could also throw web into his face if I remember correctly.

>What am I doing wrong, here?
You're playing the game wrong by not using the shit that it's telling you to use because of your own idiotic rules. Guess I shouldn't play Batman and attempt to punch anyone further than right in front of my face either.

This was how Peter used to beat him.
Now Aleksei has a strong face too so whatever.

I wish I could do that, when Scorpion showed up I kept thinking to myself "man I wish I could just KO Rhino with a punch to the head so this fight wouldn't be a 2v1, he'd definitely live through it."

>you're wrong for not liking these fundamental mechanics of the game!

Considering the entire combat is based off of you using them to keep yourself away from enemies and juggling others, yes.

Fucking Nintendo having the A and B buttons/functions in reverse positions relative to the playstation and xbox controllers, it fucks up my muscle memory every time I go play Smash with friends.

That's Spider-man 2? I don't remember the HUD looking like that at all.

No, see, this is what children believe. Adults understand that not everybody likes the same things. Please leave this website until after you turn 18, drone.

It is, HUD does look little bit off but everything else is the same

Attached: downloadfile-34.jpg (474x355, 26K)

You are literally playing a game that expects you to use a mechanic, are going "Why do I need to use this mechanic", and then complaining when the game isn't balanced around you not using the mechanic. Sable soldiers later on will be literally impossible to defeat if you decide to keep up this retarded limitation you have on yourself unless you spam finishers on every single enemy you encounter, and even then you'd probably lose your mind because he hits them into the air or slams them into the ground as he floats there for a bit to do it.
It's the equivalent of not absorbing people in Prototype because you morally believe you shouldn't kill people like that and then wonder why you're dying in seconds.

This is what I remember the game looking like though.

Attached: sm2.jpg (480x360, 19K)

I just finished the 2nd DLC last night and the Hammerhead fight wasnthe most obnoxious fight in the game. You have 20 dudes shooting you while hammerhead rams you faster then you can even see him. Took me forever to fucking figure out what to even do.

This is the oddly terrible Spiderman 2 for the PC. For whatever reason, the PC got a completely different, original Spiderman 2 game, rather than a port of the PS2/Xbox/GC version.

I never knew that. What makes it so much worse?

I didnt buy the game so Im not complaining, but I mean, Spiderman 2 had actual web-slinging, you had to stick it to something

Are any of the dlcs worth playing?

>you had to stick it to something
PS4 does as well. The webm is from before they patched some more weird things like church steeples and certain sides of buildings. You cannot swing at all unless there's something to attach to, although tree swinging looks a bit weird. Air swing kicks in combat are the only things that don't require a connection point because they wanted to keep that move available no matter what and not have it swing from the sides of buildings causing you to look really odd when kicking.