Metroid thread

Anyone wanna find some comfy upgrades and beams?

Attached: Samus work suit.jpg (792x890, 107K)

No need to

Attached: a4b7020a00414ad3f5023774c2bf2758.jpg (666x374, 68K)

I just watched the SGDQ runs of Prime and Echoes and now I really want to replay the trilogy. I'd rather wait for the inevitable HD remaster on Switch, but goddamn it, it feels like it's never going to happen.

My turtleneck fat and my chain so thin and im sippin light beer and my crew right here

Hmm, yeah I'm hoping for that too, Remaster, Remake, whatever, just some Metroid content on the switch besides the original nes game.

>mfw no morph ball or bomb placing sound in Super Metroid
I know it's sound design is great, but I liked the little toot whenever you placed bombs.

Attached: joshu.png (83x123, 10K)

If Nintendo had a shred of sense, they're release a Metroid with randomisation settings, a procedural generated mode, and pvp race and speedrun online

If they had more than a shred of reason, they'd do this and not fuck up the core gameplay or setting and aesthetics

>randomization
Go fuck yourself, games that are "Endless" just rearrange the maps alot, they suck balls, better to have one well made game rather than a piece of shit randomized mess.
>generated mode
same shit, fuckface
>pvp race
?
>speedrun online
You mean leaderboards?

Attached: no.png (350x348, 233K)

Don't get me started on sound effects.

>Super and Fusion had great sound effects for the Screw Attack and Speed Booster
>Zero Mission had a great Speed Booster, but the Screw Attack and beams were shit
>Other M was shit, generic movie sound effects for everything
>Samus Returns had the worst sound design I've ever heard in a Metroid game

Is it too much to ask for a Screw Attack that actually sounds dangerous?

Unsurprisingly, the sawnic poster has even less sense than Nintendo

How is Samus Returns, I'm thinking of playing it and then get Fusion mode

Yes, that would require Nintendo to live in the real world

Sucks, looks worse than a monochrome game due to the lighting being nonexistant.

Zero Mission is a 8.5/10 game when you ignore all map rooms and chozo waypoint statues.

Attached: 1541075834972.gif (204x248, 23K)

>Speed boosts behind you
>Nothin' personel kid

Attached: Samus.png (842x1292, 845K)

Good game, shit Metroid game. Takes your hand and holds it in a deathgrip for the entire game, the devs put some completely ridiculous anti-sequence breaking measures in.

There's a part where you need the High Jump Boots to progress. A tall, single-block width shaft. You can't wall jump up there because it's too thin. There are anti-Spiderball surfaces. There's a fan that sucks up your bombs and prevents bomb jumping. That's the sort of game it is.

They learned NOTHING from Zero Mission. The game is absolutely terrified of letting the player roam free, and uses locks and hard obstacles to stop them. What was that old case study of Super Metroid that talks about soft and hard locks? How blocking progress with a long gap is more organic than a set of Screw Attack blocks?

Shit thing is those maps pop up on screen anyway, and I'm pretty sure you can't skip most of them. Really a fail state there in an otherwise topgrade metroid.

If it wasn't for that bullshit I'd consider it an easy replacement of the original, but no, they just had to add that bullshit.
Also the new bosses are piss easy and sometimes just wastes of time.

Are you a zoomer?

Attached: metroid zoomer.png (669x506, 32K)

The only mandatory one is the first one that leads to long shot, but otherwise you can skip all of them if you're good.

>Tell myself I want to speed run Samus Returns
>get to Area 4
>lose all will to play

What the fuck is wrong with me? Wherever I force myself past that point I start having fun again. It's just that one area that feels like a drag

Am I the only one who barely uses the map in Metroid games?

Attached: Samus shoulder pads.png (960x399, 303K)

At this point I know the games so well I don't need to any more.

Heh

Really? Cool, I'll have to have a stab at that whenever I next playthrough

Most of them are pretty easy to work around but there's one that requires a precise bomb jump/ball jump on the edge of the hand
Check out any ZM speedrun to see how to do it

Attached: 1554157801093.png (1680x1186, 1.38M)

I mean even on a first run it's just much more fun and convenient to play through them without using the map.

FUUUCK I FUCKING SPENT MY FUCKING SUPER MISSILES BECAUSE I FORGOT TO PRESS Y FUIJVFRBIUEGRIEUBIUERGBUIERGUIBERG

Attached: WHAT THE FUCK JOSUKE!.jpg (480x521, 49K)

this but with power bombs

Attached: 1533561356227.png (415x332, 126K)

Neat, it'd be nice to try some of that stuff out for once

Attached: 1547598969152.png (1402x645, 358K)