Who else grew up playing this kino?

Who else grew up playing this kino?

Attached: precursorlegacy.png (811x960, 1.25M)

I only owned the second one, I didn't like it very much.

I didn't. First played the series back when the HD collections were released on PS3. When I grew up, I only played Ratchet and Clank and not Jak when it came to the Sony platformers with a tiny sidekick schtick.

Jak 1 is my favorite. It feels like a more open Crash Bandicoot. Bosses are few and kinda suck but the rest of the game is great.

Jak 2 is very good but its bogged down with pointless hub city where the only good vehicle to drive is the hoverbike. The actual platforming sections really shine but the gunplay is way worse than Ratchet and Clank

Jak 3 is just Jak 2 but better in every perceivable way. Driving around is much better is the most blatant improvement.

Attached: 306067_532335760142989_1273074992_n.png (393x395, 234K)

yeah it turned into a GTA clone. First one is fucking great, really cool environment, characters and movement

I did eventually get around to playing all three of them years later and I agree somewhat. The first game is too easy, too short and too basic. But what exists is polished to hell. Jak II and 3 are bogged down with too many other mechanics I didn't enjoy. Still, they were fun when you actually got the chance to platform.

make naughty dog great again

Attached: 1359270076098.jpg (554x527, 38K)

agree with you on the bosses. what's your favorite level? rock village is ultimate comfy for me

>rock village
mein niger

same dude same. I also like Boggy Swamp a lot.

for real I read an interview with one of the devs where he says "yeah, we will never make a better game than battlefield"
why couldn't they keep making kino

still one of my favorites

>make new buddy platformer for new console to be the first one out of the gate in this big genre
>GTA 3 takes off and leaves buddy platformers in the dust
>retool the game to be a GTA3 clone
Nothing is more pathetic than the jak trilogy.

this post perfectly resonates with how I feel on the trilogy

really it just shows how cucked the company was from the start. it just took a while to become apparent

i loved the music, zeppelins and ambiance but fuck those rats man

Bluepoint remake when?

>make an easy 9/10 3D platformer with charm, fun movement, and overall high quality
>ditch it and turn it into edgy future guns that still keeps aspects of the original but completely misses the core of what made the original special

I will never not be mad about this. Fuck Naughty Dog. I will not forgive this complete bullshit betrayal, this soulless sellout maneuver, this garbage. There are very few times that I can say a company outright took a dump on something I enjoyed to the point where it personally offended me, but this is one of those times. My anger will persist forever on this particular issue. Jak 2 and 3 will never be acceptable.

Attached: kirbEEEEEEEEE.png (1344x1400, 695K)

They're still good games but yeah they really felt soulless in a sense compared to Jak 1, and if you want to compare them to how Ratchet and Clank turned out, where the series kept its soul even when games like Deadlocked happened, it becomes extremely evident that Naughty Dog were chasing the GTA hype.

It's a cryin' shame what happened to this company.

And it becomes even worse when video games started transition into "movie games" and thus Uncharted was born and since then ND is now focusing on making "cinematic experiences". I blame Evan Wells and Cuckman for this.

The comparison to Ratchet and Clank really works out badly for Jak IMO. It's not even about soul, Ratchet simply does the platformer/shooter hybrid gameplay so much better.

same brother

This is a cycle in Naughty Dog's legacy.
>Mario and Sonic are successful platforming mascots.
Naughty Dog jumps on the bandwagon and created Crash

>GTA3 becomes very successful and puts cartoony platformers to shame.
Naughty Dog jumps on the bandwagon and developed Jak 2.

>Gears of War becomes on if the most popular third person shooter at the time.
Naughty Dog jumps on the bandwagon and created Uncharted.

While their games are good. ND lacks creativity and always seem to jump on the bandwagon when something becomes popular in the video game industry.

Was last of us a bandwagoning thing? What other walking dad sims were out before lou?

nu ND games look so shit compared to this one :(

He makes some points without providing evidence but I agree with them so whatever

Attached: 3f4a8a5524ec903cf17f46726f636c90.jpg (666x374, 62K)

He divides by zero

Attached: dfdda8daf2e18ec6babfe8ac5675fa74.jpg (666x374, 78K)

no actually, TLoU was the one time ND took the initiative and were the trendsetters

uhh

thought so. too bad they lost me the second i watched ellie walk through a flashlight and nothing happened. AI didn't recognize her. but if I got touched by the same flashlight the game went apeshit. what an immersion breaking experience.

maybe I'll give the game another try someday

Just so you guys know, the eye bug on PCSX2 is going to be fixed pretty soon™.

Attached: Jak and Derpster.webm (932x500, 2.78M)

lmao why would you want this fixed? This is hilarious.

It's not funny for a lot of the NPCs and often the eyes are just bugged and don't look like that, they'll be some random color or shape instead.

But yeah, looks silly sometimes.

Attached: pcsx2 2017-05-11 05-06-14-89.jpg (1280x720, 112K)

Ratchet & Clank games were better by every measurable metric.

this one was great since Jak's eye is supposed to be closed during this cutscene

Attached: pcsx2 2017-05-11 05-15-21-07.jpg (1920x1080, 180K)

no racing game
worse story
worse main characters

FUCK JAK 2 WAS FRUSTRATING!
It's like they forgot to add healing items and checkpoints in all the levels.

>no racing game
It's okay, we have things like CTR, Forze, Burnout and F-Zero
>worse story
I play video games for gameplay and atmosphere over story
>worse main characters
fair but Ratchet and Clank are never bad characters, unless you count the recent soulless remake that still had great gameplay that takes a shit on everything Jak games have done.

Attached: 1561248146528.jpg (200x200, 12K)

My man!
Though I'd like to add that Jak 2 is too hard and that Jak 3 is too easy.

jak has better atmosphere and that's a part of story telling you retard

>jak has better atmosphere
Sometimes. Not always.

>that's a part of story telling
Sometimes, not always. It's not like DKC2 has much of a story but its very atmospheric for a SNES game.

>you retard
Sometimes. Not always.

I suggest you cease your coping with regard to Jak's myriad of problems and Naughty Dog's failings as a company. I still like Jak user.

Attached: 941045_1043556242331779_2984339401683096434_n.jpg (594x242, 18K)

this is a fair point. Jak 2 is def the more challenging game.

>races past your shitty series on a zoomer bike
psh

I liked the true ending and how that affected the main plot through the later games.

love this area as well, the volcanic crater music is relaxing. any other mountainous/cave levels in platformers like this?

Attached: volcaniccraterjak.jpg (1280x720, 93K)

>all this coping
sorry user. I really feel bad for the jak fanboys. ya got dealt a shitty hand

true but ratchet really isn't better despite having more games. it's just not as cool.

Crash was specifically designed to give the PlayStation a platformer mascot though. They simply filled a hole that existed in the PlayStation lineup

It was a pretty derivative platformer, though.