Why couldn't Halo just end with this?

Why couldn't Halo just end with this?

Attached: image.jpg (634x474, 112K)

Because money

In my mind it did, Chief is still in stasis as far as I'm concerned.
4 and 5 are not canon.

Because people with millions of dollars need more, user.

That's the way I view it too, though I like to think Master Chief just spent the rest of his days hanging out with Cortana on some nice relaxing planet.

This. Halo 3 was the conclusion to the story, and I don't care if 343 say otherwise.

What are you talking about? It did.

It was meant to end at 3. It was poetic.

Attached: 4343.png (1442x365, 898K)

How much time passes until Cortana brings Chief out of stasis, anyway? Why couldn't they just do an Aliens thing where Chief is revived nearly a century later so that the universe is completely different? Then 343 could do whatever the fuck they wanted without shitting all over the original trilogy.

Attached: 1553140359537.jpg (680x510, 58K)

It ended with 3 they said as much back when. They only brought it back out because it's a franchise that will sell

$

I wish 343 just said that 4 was a spin-off "what-if" with MC waking up for another threat. Making it an official continuation just shits on the original trilogy and the original antagonists.

But how absolutely retarded is that final level. Just driving around on huge floating platforms that are blowing up for absolutely no reason. What was the purpose of a structure like that. At least 1 and 2 made sense

Because we Halo fans (not Yea Forums), wanted a Halo 4. Game left off with a cliffhanger to a Forerunner planet and we wanted to see what was next for he Master Chief. So we got our wish. Anyone who didn't want a Halo 4 after Halo 3's Legendary ending was never a Halo fan, to begin with.

Kind of made sense since it was a Halo still under construction.

The you niggers ain't Halo fans, we all were wondering when we were getting a Halo 4 even making shit up about it, we asked 343 about it in 2010 at Comic Con so we knew Halo 4 was finally coming after Reach back then.

>Halo 1 and 2 made sense
I wish people that never played a Halo game shut the fuck up and stop acting like they know anything.

Are you ok user?

>So we got our wish
more like a monkey paw...

Are you, stop pretending to be Halo fans.

It wasn't the best but the campaign was enjoyable for what it was, I enjoyed it only slightly more than Halo 2. I do wish it was another Halo CE or Halo 3 though. Halo 5 was the worse in the mainline campaigns but I still had fun paying it.

I just replayed halo 2 last year. Jesus fucks on this board are retarded

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Halo 2 had you fighting on a Forerunner Gas Mine falling into the planet's core and you claim Halo 3's Warthog Run made no sense, I can't help you. Halo 1 had Cortana making the Index digital.

Because it made too much money
If Halo 3 flopped you would've gotten your wish

it was god awful, I curse MS and 343 everyday for marching this proud franchise into an early grave

Another thing you retards need to realize before you shout Microsoft should have killed off Halo, what does Microsoft have that's worth playing that could fill Halo's shoes? Don't say new ips because that can go either way, I mean look at Bleeding Edge, if you think that will be good you need to commit suicide. If you think Gears a series that shouldn't have made it past the first game should be the one to take Halo's place you need to be shot. What does Microsoft have to replace Halo? Nothing.

It was better than Reach, at least on the campaign front, don't really see what you fuckers see in that campaign, it was probably the most dull, bland, and boring campaign this series has had with nothing both cockteases and position defense.

>don't really see what you fuckers see in that campaign
4 player co op and kino ost

That's not enough to save that campaign, it was terrible from start to finish. It's like all the action from Halo CE-3 was gone and we were left with that hollow shell of a campaign. Even the voice acting was bad.

it did to me i consider everything past it as non canon

>first beta: single player
>second beta: fire fight
>third beta: multiplayer?
>fourth beta?: all of the above in one?
>release?

Attached: 1514984985346.png (1280x720, 469K)

No I am, I just have a modicum of taste.

ODST was too good

ODST was boring.

you're boring

I don't like ODST so that makes me anything but boring.

>It was better than Reach, at least on the campaign front

neck yourself you retarded drone

This

Reach was the most boring campaign in the series, how shit is your damn taste. The first fucking level in the game was garbage.

Is it not?

Attached: 286B0E2B-598C-48C5-8B52-EA80C6FFF297.jpg (1124x1414, 402K)

Did you know that the last stretch of land you drive around in Halo 3 is the island on the mission silent cartographer in CE?

Just because we were excited when we didn't know anything doesn't mean 343's games were good. It takes a real fan to step back and question the direction of a franchise.

I've been doing that since 2009, I'm not really that phased today because I feel 2009-2011 was the worst period for Halo, I'm not much of a multiplayer fan even though Halo 4's mp is shit, the campaign was a definite improvement from ODST and Reach, I literally almost dropped the series because of those two games, if we didn't get a Halo 4 at that time I would have been done with Halo.