Is there anything that Valve can make right...

Is there anything that Valve can make right? They lost the Auto chess "war" big times against Riot and are starting to lose the store war against Epic.
How come they are so out of touch and can't make a single thing right anymore?

Attached: Underdead.png (354x272, 166K)

Every competent person was there to make games
They all left now since Valve doesnt makes games anymore

>Is there anything that Valve can make right?

No, and Steam drones are in deep denial

Attached: wwrb.jpg (800x800, 90K)

DONT INSULT VALVE! THEY GAVE ME TF2 AND PORTAL WHICH RAISED ME WHILE MY PARENTS NEGLECTED ME!!!

Underlords is a better game than TFT

>and are starting to lose the store war against Epic

Attached: 1448292415362.gif (351x291, 579K)

So how long until Epic beats Valve?

He is right, you know

I give Tim one year, after the "you get free crossplay when you use the pic epic store" feature

Attached: T R A S H E D.png (840x1073, 438K)

Valve needs to take the hint that Dotards only play Dota 2

This, they should focus on shit like optimizing their games. If they made tf2 run on toasters at 120fps more people would flock to it.

Attached: steam exclusive.png (1426x752, 101K)

who cares. Look at the twitch count dumbass

If they keep up the crossplay as they have, it's basically in the bag going forward. I'm waiting for the bombshell that borderlands 3 will be crossplay on egs. If that shit happened they'd probably win an assload of players just because of that. It's the way forward and steam gave up instead of pursuing it. I remember being excited for crossplay with ps3 and steam when portal 2 came out, but they never went anywhere with it.

but valve doesn't buy exclusives

Why do some people hate Valve so much?

they think they're bashing people's god gaben or something i suppose
i dont really know valve seems alright

I don't know what you want from Valve, they made a better and more polished version of auto chess, but I guess gameplay doesn't matter since everyone would rather play TFT

It's literally a mobile game designed for mobiles.

Valve's last good game was Portal 2.

They really should've released Half-Life 2 Ep. 3/HL3.

Nothing ever came out of that "F-Stop" concept or L4D3, too, and they don't even work on TF2 anymore after they started to have the community do everything for them.

Valve is a fucking mess. At least HL1 and 2 will always be good.

TFT doesn't let you see what each combination of heroes does before buying them and the item combinations are impossible to know before trying them or looking them up. This makes Underlords objectively superior than TFT, it doesn't matter that it's designed for mobile because the desktop experience didn't suffer for it

>because the desktop experience didn't suffer for it
But it does and it clearly shows.

>MUH TWITCH NUMBERS
mass zoomer Yea Forumsermin scum suicide when

Start making games again.

How else do you reckon people should gather the relative popularity of games that don't have public concurrent player numbers released? stands to reason that more people watching means it's more popular. This thread is just shitposting but still.

OH NONONONONONONONONO

Attached: Dead game.png (801x228, 143K)

>comparing everyone playing league to just dota underlords

Based retard

>starting to lose the store war against Epic.
Well at least you're starting to get a tiny bit more subtle, shill.

>he doesn't know what started this fad

It was the queue for beta testing TFT, retard.

they think valve owes them HL3 or some other single player games

>Half Life is responsible for putting Valve on the map when it came to gaming
>Still putting more effort into their garbage moba franchise than continuing Half Life
That said, you are fucking retarded if you think EGS is a success

Attached: 4387662344287698.jpg (228x342, 15K)

Because they dont have to, if someone wants to compete with steam they need exclusives and buying them is the only option

It's certainly not a failure with it's current userbase. Sniping dauntless and pushing it so hard (and launching it full crossplay on ALL consoles) has helped them get users.

They dont care about their fans and just do projects that are popular trends to make money

i'm sorry what now?

>Because they dont have to
okay, which invalidates the maymay image

Dota has no charisma, I don't even play MOBAs but looking at DotA and LoL characters I easily chose TFT to play.

aww yeah dude waifubaits!

>Dauntless

Attached: file.png (384x448, 277K)

>It's certainly not a failure with it's current userbase
That's the thing, there's not a fucking userbase outside of people who still play Fortnite or get the free games, the sales that EGS generates are copies bought by Epic themselves, Samurai Shodown's producer mentioned in an interview that they were asked to do exclusivity for a PC distributor in exchange for hundreds of thousands of copies purchased by the company and Epic is the only PC launcher with that M.O.

Why wasnt artifact f2p from the start did they really need the triple dipping revenue?

pretty fun for a free game desu. I usually play a few hours after a new update.

I'll probably play more once this pseudo-release "not a open beta" phase is over and they actually have a proper product.

I was going to try out tft too, until I found out that it was tied to the lol client. If they ever release a stanalone, maybe I'll give it a try.

Attached: pt.png (330x134, 49K)

It just works.

Attached: gelbooru.com 4744293 apron artist_request ass back bangs bare_shoulders barefoot blue_skin breasts c (640x905, 510K)

Who else hasnt touched underlords or TFT and is patiently waiting for when epic releases the best version

>most popular game on PS4 AND xbox one last month
yeah, takes a fat shit on memester hunter potions-while-running.
There is a userbase.
>the sales that EGS generates
no it's not. They're guaranteed the revenue up to a certain number of sales, so if they don't sell through, they get the money. The reported sales are accurate, unless you're saying they're just totally fudging numbers which is an enormous felony.

they let their esports have soul

Attached: 1540321556905.png (550x506, 257K)

Chink shills
It's amazing how they try to paint valve as le evil huge megacorporation and epic, who's in the pockets of the fucking Chinese and doing every dirty trick in the book to infest their spyware on all pc's, as the poor underdog

>twitch viewers = popularity
dilate

Attached: 1529365775597.jpg (598x415, 60K)

The dpc circuit has been pretty soulless though

>portal 2
>good

Attached: 1544253535944.jpg (1080x1042, 61K)

Man it's almost like League has a massively larger player and streamer base than Dota 2 does and the 'influencers' are going to go with the game that gets them more clicks.
I've played both, I think TFT has way more flaws than Underlords, but it was obvious the League version was gonna get more viewership.

Based contrarian 13 year old

and a ping pong king kong to you young lady

Underlords is basically a worse autochess though. I would rather play the original

Valve pretty much fucked up when they failed to seal the deal with the devs of autochess.

Dota already had autochess, and has nothing to gain from making a bootleg of the exact same thing.

LoL and epic didn't have autochess, so they had something to gain from making their own version.

>Wanting to play the original with its janky courier controls and awful item system
Nah man you're being a contrarian fuckhead, but go ahead and play it if you want. Not like the custom map went anywhere.

Basically this, my friend didn't move from the mod and I bet he's not alone.

yeah for my dick
doesn't mean i'd ever touch riot's trash

Valve is basically becoming EA at this point. They wanted to introduce paid mods and with the business practices with Artifact it's pretty obvious at this point.

But don't tell that to the cum guzzling Valve fags, their room temperature IQ brains wouldn't handle it.

In the past 5 years the only good thing Valve has done is add refunds.
>steam sales worse than ever before
>steam controllers are gimmick trash
>steam machines and steamOS DOA
>paid mods (gaben biding time for the perfect return)
>quality control is completely gone
>everything to do with VR

>In the past 5 years the only good thing Valve has done is add refunds.
And they didn't do this by themselves, they were pretty much FORCED to do it because it went against basic consumer rights.

It shouldn't be seen as something detrimental, they had their time, they'll still hang around, new groups will be relevant, that's usually how it goes everywhere.

How's their vr headset?

> They wanted to introduce paid mods
care to tell people again why free market is a bad thing?

>steam sales worse than ever before
ok
>steam cntrollers are gimmick trash
don't use them?
>steam machines and steamOS DOA
that's kind of the problem with how the company functions, there's incentive to work on new projects but after they launch there's no incentive to continue. I am 100% with you on this one
>paid mods
if a mod creator wants to get some money for his work he should. todd getting money for mods is a big no though
>quality control is completely gone
I don't know why you think a larger portfolio is bad
>everything to do with VR
ok?

out of your 6 complaints, 4 are literally "I don't like it"

>because the desktop experience didn't suffer for it
the Dota 2 art style is already pretty bad, but underlords looks even trashier on a desktop

Riot attracts a bigger audience and everyone knows their name. When they make a new "game", everyone wants to play it. Valve used to be like this too, back in ~2008. Then they decided to stop making games after dota 2.

The talented people that made valve beloved left the company ages ago.
Same thing that happened to blizzard, capcom, square, etc.

This is a case of TFT being a genuinely better game. Underlords is an almost direct rip of an older version of Autochess with some minor changes, and a very good item change. TFT at the very least has its own racials/classes and completely different units. The problem with Underlords is by the time it came out, everyone was sick of AutoChess. It has some pretty bad balance problems that makes you always build towards pretty much one comp by the end of it, making it too repetitive.

They also were one of the primary backers of Vulcan. Steam Machines were rushed too early in the grand scheme of things. Valve is one of the biggest supporters of Linux ports in gaming, they don't like that PC Gaming is pretty much bound to Microsoft thanks to DirectX.

Gaben stopped giving a fuck

Store exclusives are not the same as platform exclusives.

Attached: monopoly.png (2117x1835, 957K)

Underlords has a slightly better item system than TFT. That's about it. It's otherwise just a rip of the map that has been played to death, with even bigger balance issues.

>super mario is not exclusive to Nintendo because you can buy the games at Game stop.

These EXACT same images, in this EXACT same order, in the older thread.
Someone with over 90 IQ should look them up in the archive to confirm.

Nintendo and Gamestop are the stores.
WiiU is the platform.

Valve and Gamestop are the stores.
PC is the platform.

Valve is not PC. These are different things.

It's not exclusive to the "Nintendo Store". And the sales contract for selling Nintendo games through retailers that aren't the Nintendo EShop is very different to Steam keys that you buy from other sites. Namely, Steam doesn't get a cent from buying a key from, say, Humble. And no, they're not grey market keys.

>your social credit score has increased by 1

why? he's done these threads like 500 times
and i'm not even exaggerating

>all these riot shills
Dilate you tranny mutts.

They've been doing the same thing since the launch of the EGS. An inability to speak basic English makes them conflate store exclusivity with platform/launcher exclusivity.