Anywhere I can buy one for cheap? Heard people's stories of getting one for around 30 bucks...

Anywhere I can buy one for cheap? Heard people's stories of getting one for around 30 bucks. Online listings are in the hundreds and local game stores in my area don't even know what this thing is, let alone have it in stock.

Attached: shopping.jpg (416x416, 17K)

Back in 2016, maybe, but these damn things are so rare, not even including those overpriced SD cards

Already have a memory card since I own a vita but lately my hands are cramping around the damn thing and I want to play games comfortably on the couch like Persona 2 and some ps1 classics. Muramasa is a beautiful game that should've been ported to ps4 so I need to see it and play it on the big screen it deserves.

Funny enough, I have one of these, but would gladly trade it for the handheld since I sorely under-estimated how comfy it is to play a handheld sick/hungover in bed. Thing is, I can't necessarily constitute buying another Vita since all I want to play on it is P4G.

Grass is greener, I suppose.

Attached: 1257370111487.jpg (700x525, 39K)

Why would you buy it tho?

>Heard people's stories of getting one for around 30 bucks
That was a few years ago when brick and mortar retailers were clearing unwanted stock.
You missed the boat lad.

This shit is purely to play P4G on a tv and nothing else. The Vita's portability in comparison alone makes this worthless

>redditors have no issue with trading close to anything online
>Yea Forums is such an autistic cesspool and Yea Forumsrigins can’t even interact outside of the message board
Classic

Couple years ago it was easy. Stores couldn't give them away at $20 new. People wisened up after they got hacked, and you can attach an external hard drive to the TV models.

I bought one for 30 bucks and played soul sacrifice delta, ys memories of celceta and a bunch of other shit on it. It was a good deal for the price, especially if you're stingy like me and don't need the portability factor.

I'll take the cat instead.

I think they patched a lot of shit, so if anyone is getting one don't update it. Like you could pretty much whitelist any games and play them on the TV version, even if they weren't supposed to be playable. Funnily enough all of them have worked perfectly for me, but I guess Sony/publishers would've needed to do some testing for the game to get whitelisted. They probably didn't bother with some gamesm, because the tv version pretty much flopped.

Maybe it's the fact that the whole premise behind Yea Forums is anonymity, while reddit has SOME semblance of accountability.

You're taking a gamble either way, but don't kid yourself thinking it's worth the risk.

>hundreds
What the fuck, I thought the MSRP was literally 50 bucks?
Make sure to get one of those SD2Vita cards while you're at it.

I got one off Ebay for $7 because I lucked out and someone put the name up as "Veeta", so I put a bid as a laugh, knowing I was probably going to get a cheap knock off and a good laugh about it, but it was the real thing.

Ouch, I'm sorry to hear that the price has jumped up so much now. Maybe you should look and see if some of those PS1 games you want to play are on the PlayStation Classic, they're kind of cheap atm. Maybe you could find a PSTV for a decent price at a local used video game shop.

>MSRP
Yeah, if you have a time machine to when Vita TVs were getting sold at clearance prices at retail.

>bought one for $20 in 2015
>never used it so gave it away
If only I would've known.

I got one plus an 8gb card for 30 bucks a while back. But I never use it

Attached: IMG_20190707_104956.png (476x316, 148K)

Some people just prefer to play on a TV versus a small screen. There are lots of good Vita games you could play, especially if you don't have a PS4. And it allows you to play some good PSP games with better scaling than that A/V cable for the Portable probably could do.

I just did a 20 second google search and learned the price skyrocketed due to the hacking scene, jesus christ.

I have a TV that has a 1 to 1 setting for scaling/zoom, so using that and setting my PlayStation TV to 720p makes games look pretty crisp. Even for PSP games.

It's actually a pretty nifty add-on/hardware.
Too bad it wasn't advertised right, too expensive (at launch), and stuck with the proprietary Memory cards.
I bought mines for $70 CDN, no controller added. I got my money's worth.

You can still whitelist everything and as far as I know every Vita fw is hackable now as of a few month ago

I bought it to play Senran Kagura Estival Versus.

960x544 sounds like it would look ass on a 1080p screen.

PS TV runs at 720p upscaled. It doesn't look bad but it can be a little soft at times

I got so fucking lucky last year when I found one for $20. I should have invested in PSTVs, these things are expensive as hell now.

Sell your PSTV, get a used slim off Ebay for $80, and use the extra money to buy more vita games. Theres a shit load of great games worth playing.

I hate myself for not buying one when they initially discounted them to 30 dollars
They are SO EASY to hack and be able to play any game on the big screen

Attached: angry nepu.jpg (555x547, 54K)

Have 2. Hacked 1, need to buy a memory card for the other and hack it. I bought the first for $40 like 2 years ago w/ 8gig memory. 2nd one i got to have a spare. 2nd one i got it for $100 not to long ago. I didnt want prices to go higher

(You do have spare consoles right Yea Forums? You wouldnt be dumb enough to think your console is going to run smoothly forever do you? Even if it does run you a good 10 years, do you wanna pay the price of a replacment console 10 years from now? Itll be high as fuck for a pristine one or used to hell and back. Nows the time, a lot of people get upset because this requires money, buying things you wont need immediatly and a lot of people can barely be assed to pay for thier games to begin with.)

Attached: 2019-05-26-204656.jpg (960x544, 84K)

This, if you have to pick between a PS3 and a PSTV for hacking purposes, the PS3 is overall the better choice. Get a Vita for Vita games and a PS3 for everything you want to do at home.

It was the perfect storm. Since the PSTV flopped, Sony was trying to get rid of these things bargain bins, while right around the corner there were hacks coming through to make it the ultimate emulation device. People snatched them up, and now even fucked up used ones go for $150+

Jesus. I bought one of these for $50 just because it came with a Dual Shock 3 and Dual Shock 3s were $60 and it STILL felt like I made a bad purchase.

I messed with it a little but ended up just putting it away. It's going on eBay for sure now.

I like my PSTV, it's a pretty good emulator for all sorts of junk via the store ports. I trade the memory card back and forth with my vita all the time since I have a 64gb one.