Smash ultimate

what’s some advice you would give to new players that have just started playing the game

Attached: 5978A8F8-A3CB-4DD0-9B64-22AC56C5C357.jpg (1200x675, 109K)

learn to parry and if you have a small penis play a zoner

Stop playing with children's toys

>another smash thread
>ANOTHER
>SMASH
>THREAD

If you want to smell
>get a better controller than Joycons
>practice basic movement, attack methods, and defense options (short hops, dash dances, reverse aerial rushes, spacing, parries, etc)
>practice bread-and-butter combos
>don’t train with cpu’s
>learn to read habits
>practice offstage options
Just watch Izaw’s art of smash vids
Or just play for fun and shower everyday

never be predictable.

Don't roll across the stage, rolling is situational. Spotdodging or parrying is usually more optimal.
Don't spam smash attacks unless you're ganondorf

Depends on what you want out of this and where you want to go with it. If you're looking just for fun, fiddle around with modes and rules until you find something satisfying; if you're wanting to become "good" in the competitive sense, watch some video series (esp. Izaw) and practice fundamentals in neutral play.

Watch the timing of when people jump.

Don't pick your main based on tier lists. Pick based on who interests you and who you enjoy playing as.

I think Izaw’s art of smash videos could be a good place to start, both character guides and general gameplay guides but I haven’t watched many for ultimate to confirm their quality

Generally just practice spacing (distance in neutral between you and your opponent, don’t just constantly rush in) short hopping, reverse aerial rushes, bread and butter combos, ledge trapping, edge guarding, and not getting mad it’s just a game

Just have fun

Dont use items like smart bombs and beam swords in Smash, and deoderant and showerheads in real life.

This, I also would recommend joining you're respective mains discord server. They have a lots of useful graphs, videos, and information specific to you're character

at least it's actually about the game and not another "he's in!",waifu, or consolefaggotry thread

what do jigglypuff's down and forward specials do

Play some faggot that can spam shit (Samus/Ness/King.Krool)

there are tons of characters who requires 0 brain to play and can destroy even the most skilled one.

Remember this is a fucking mario-party tier game when even the most casual retard can win agaisnt you doing the most retarded shit.

also if you want to be a faggot then put the wifi and play ganondorf and spam forward A.

Down special is rest, it kills very early, but you have to be right on top of your opponent
Side special is pound, it throws out a punch that does lots of damage to shield
There is an in-game list of all the moves btw
Go into training and pause the game and I believe the button is x to open the list

>t. quickplay shitter

If you want to win and get better don’t do this

I'm very glad that the threads tonight have had people with good incite and not just "he's in" shitposting.

Attached: 1520164905286.jpg (362x447, 62K)

Don't shield.

Savor unlocking characters. Because that's the only thing that resembles a fun single player in this thing.

Close, but no cigar.
Don't SPAM shield.

Mix up your ledge getups

Keep rolling to a minimum

Practice combos in training before hopping into quickplay

Always be keeping an eye out for your opponents bad habits

Play WFT to be a cool guy

Attached: 6c60141e4337aceb2ed2a5a1fdcbe1a2.jpg (579x582, 120K)

Don't be afraid to go offstage, there's no worse option than just letting your opponent recover

Attached: IMG_4149.jpg (325x231, 11K)

The online is hot fucking garbage just like smash 4.
Stick to single player, then move on.

This unless you're playing pic related, then just side-b/ledge trap
Also make sure you know how far you can go before you can't make it back. Nothing worse than dying at 0 for being to greedy.

Focus your attacks where the enemy wants to go, if you try to attack where they are then they'll already have moved by the time your attack goes off. Simple but huge.
Can confirm. I fucking love zoners.

They're pretty great but kind of overwhelming for a complete beginner. Definitely something you're going to have to watch multiple times to completely understand. Smash takes a REALLY long time of competitive play and trial and error to get to a decent level of skill.

>mfw I haven't practiced a single combo ever and yet have 5 characters in Elite Smash

Attached: 1563005917231.jpg (480x480, 24K)

Go to your online quickplay preferred settings RIGHT FUCKING NOW
And switch the rules from time to stock.
NO ONE wants to play a time match.

I dont care what other rules you set, but keep in mind picking duel and leaving items on is extremely gay. The fastest character will get all the items and once they get AT and pokeballs as well it will snowball, other person wont be able to grab items while avoiding them.

Just play who you want, dont be afraid to give other characters a chance. I used to only use Wario, after a while I picked up Samus on a whim and started doing well with her. Recently I started with Sonic and he is my main now, suddenly he is my most competitive character out of the 3.

Try accidentally b siding under the stage when you were trying to b up

Elite Smash isn't about skill really. It's about knowing you're own limits and luck. There are enough online shitters that you can beat up for elo, it's about finding that one determined motherfucker who just sucks ass and getting free GSP off of him and leaving matches you don't win. Also there is the whole latency issue that makes projectiles way better than there offline counterparts. Combos become a lot more important in offline tournament settings.

Combos are fun but kind of a meme unless you're playing a combo heavy character. Neutral is god in this game. And I fucking suck at neutral.
Also if you're playing heavies and shit it's not like you need any.
Multiplayer above 1v1 with stock is pretty cancer

Watch the other player and try to pick up on their habits. Look for things like where they usually double jump when coming back to the stage, what do they do when they try to get back up on the ledge, how do they try to approach you, ect. Then, look into what your character of choice can do in those situations. I'd also recommend practicing in random arenas over quickplay. There's no ranking system to discourage trying risky ideas.

That's just a miss input. Shit sucks, but there isn't much you can do other than making sure you're holding up

Don’t try to be competitive unless you want the internet to ruin your private life.

>Don’t train with cpu’s
There’s nothing wrong with that when the online is shit.

Low level cpu's are fine for practicing combos. High level cpu's might make you develop bad habits though.

Attached: 6F9309D9-45CA-4942-BA00-D5506FB6790C.jpg (1200x630, 52K)

Time favors characters who can kill early and therefore more often, especially in 3 or 4 man ffa where if you are a lighter character with fewer kill options you end up with no kills while all of yours get stolen by the opportunistic ike and ganon.

3 stock is best. There is a reason everyone picks it, there is a reaso. everyone has always picked it since we were kids playing 64 and melee. Whenever a time match comes up, all the other match settings are also default. It's easy to tell no one leaves it time on purpose or ever wants to.

Take this bros

Attached: smash temp.png (3000x2579, 361K)

is there a way to turn in the air

Return it.

Quit playing. You will never get better you virgin. Your penis is small nigger. Just stop playing. You are shit.