Be me

>Be me
>child
>Have grandiose ideas for creating best games ever
>Want to become game developer when I grow up
>Get older
>Realize I'm most likely to work at some soul crushing AAA company that'll gut my job the moment I've outlived my usefulness
>Don't want to make games anymore
Did any of you ever have these delusions until you realized how fucked up the gaming industry is? The only way it can be fun is if you start some Indie studio with your friends, and even then your game will likely just die in steam green light.

Attached: IMG_2097.jpg (700x688, 152K)

It doesn't need to be a career. Work on something as a hobby.

You have to chug xl barrels of pure estrogen to keep up with the rest of the indie game makers. I gave up on my dreams when I realized I can retire in 25 years with good financial planning

Back in the 90s it would've been the shit when it was just small teams of nerds innovating with brand new concepts and less corporate influence

sounds more like you discovered you're a retard and are still in denial about it

This.

Attached: header.jpg (460x215, 32K)

It's slowly making its way back to that. People just need to stop chugging corporate jizz so they die off.

That's not a very good way to kill yourself. You'll lose the side of your face, jowl, maybe your eye. But there's a very good chance you'll survive shooting yourself like that.

You need to aim upwards, press the barrel into the soft area of the roof of your mouth. This way the bullet will travel up through the gap in your skull into the brain, exiting the back of the head. You'll die instantly.

Be a hobbiest homo.
What's with all the depression posts regarding game dev recently? All these idea guys piss me off

Its as if Making a Good game requires actual work and dedication or some shit

Stardew Valley and Minecraft exist.
You can be 1 guy and still make a game.

greenlight doesn't exist anymore. Now you pay steam $100 and they put it on the store. Period. That's it, 100% all that's required to get on there. There's bare minimum QA (if that wasn't obvious) so just do it. Bonus points if you make up a sob story about your little daughter learning to code in the description of some clone of another game. I made nearly $10,000 that way.

>making games with ideas of how successful they should be financially

user, you should be making games because it's fun and you want to do it. Do you start every drawing hoping it'll land next to a Da Vinci in a museum somewhere?

I fucked up Yea Forums.

I went to /pol/ again and spergged out.

What do?

Stay there

Stop reading the "news" and stop looking for blog-news from outrage merchants and clickbait peddlers.

This. Fucking summer kikebook newfags aren't even aware that one of our own Yea Forumsirgin autists made Minecraft by himself and became a billionaire as a result. All it takes is innovation and persistence.

I'm not the creative type so I just bankroll financial institutions with infosec work and mod old games like AoE2 in my free time.

Attached: 1531597068955.png (658x667, 517K)

I decided to take up writing as a hobby instead for that reason. If my creations entertain me then that's enough, maybe adopt the same philosophy with games and you'll find satisfaction. Plus, you never know, you may create something worth putting out there someday.

Attached: baby birds.jpg (867x560, 186K)

I draw because nobody else draws my fetish and it doesn't exist in the real world.

/pol/... what are you doing here?

People who choose to work in AAA are fucking idiots, or sadists. Usually the latter.

I used to live near Valve when I was a young teen around the release of HL2. It was my dream to grow up and eventually work for them as a level designer. I downloaded hammer and got to work immediately, but when I finally grew up, so did valve...

Attached: 1539023374727.png (400x416, 204K)

*masochists
Learn the difference.

>steam green light

Attached: 1461123954915.png (278x259, 118K)

It's both in the case of AAA. The managers are all sadists.

Managers are sadists in every industry. Only in the AAA game dev industry are workers voluntary punching bags.

Why does it always have to be "either I immediately get to my dream or I don't bother at all" mentality?
Have you considered that it takes time to go from getting experience making games and eventually doing what you want?

I guess, i learned Qbasic and made text adventures, eventually moved onto the rpg maker software. Started doing shit with Flash and Java, but at some point i just lost interest.
Maybe i should learn how Unity works.

I didnt realize how much AWFUL DEADLY BORING math I needed to learn. Nor did I realize that a missing comma or fucking semifuckingcolon could ruin a 100 hours of work. FUCK THAT.
I just want to play videogames.

>Nor did I realize that a missing comma or fucking semifuckingcolon could ruin a 100 hours of work.
Where did you find a compiler that just eats your source code if it fails to compile?

Attached: 1483761019956.jpg (193x255, 18K)

shut up nigger

>thinking you'll work for a AAA company off the bat.

LOL, no dude you start off making like kids for the 3DS and work your way up