Is Fallout actual propaganda?

Is Fallout actual propaganda?

Attached: IMG_20190714_225230.jpg (800x757, 76K)

Other urls found in this thread:

fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Alien_captive_recorded_log
youtube.com/watch?v=geLiEiAiQJA
goodreads.com/quotes/411971-i-cordially-dislike-allegory-in-all-its-manifestations-and-always
youtube.com/watch?v=OD_TIrX7zu0
rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/trump_administration/trump_approval_index_history
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

If you consider joking exaggeration of real life political themes an agenda then perhaps.
But normal people can realize that it's just a game and that a giant robot that throws football nukes at communists isn't some kind of statement, but instead just a cool idea the staff came up with.

"Never read between the lines when you play a video game, take everything at face value"

If you are intending to look for meaning you will find it. You can treat fallout like English professors treat Shakespeare and just make up bullshit about how it's actually super deep and it's really all about sociological issues or you could take it as the pulpy parody of the Cold War era it's supposed to be.

You can literally bullshit your way into finding any message in anything ever made. I certainly don't remember any Fallout lecturing me about racism or consumerism. It parodied jingoism a bit, but it never felt like it was attempting to turn me into an America hating Communist.

Attached: scr00015.png (1920x1080, 773K)

do you think shakespeare thought his plays were super deep or just cool stories he thought up

Why do teenagers take away the most basic, brainless themes from entertainment and talk as if they are deep wisdoms

I get what you mean, but the only English teacher that properly explained the genius of Shakespeare didn't treat it like it had deep meanings. Shakespeare's genius because his plays are filled to the brim with double entendres.

Shakespeare was literally a pulp fiction writer who wrote campy comedies for the masses. Half of his plays have characters DEDICATED to being obligatory comic relief. That whole "brevity is the soul of wit" line that everyone quotes as being some deep commentary on writing was literally just a gag punchline to a joke about an old man rambling.

>people spending 4+ years of their life on a creative pursuit don't inject themselves into their work, intentionally or otherwise
not everyone has meaningless jobs user, if you tried you could find some sort of fulfillment to your existence

i bet he would have found that really funny
ironic

I seriously hope you're not implying that studying Shakespeare is a "meaningful" job.

It's called being philosophical. It doesn't have to have a meaning, but the fact that people tend to draw parallels to real-world conflicts subliminally just makes them patrician, so long as you're not being obnoxious about it.

What's the difference between making a statement and making propaganda?

Attached: IMG_0165.png (450x344, 67K)

holy shit he also can't read, we've got a winner here tonight

There isn't one

the only thing I paid attention to in this game story-wise were logs in vaults or some abandoned buildings

The original Fallouts are about human resilience and an exploration of a post-nuclear society, its not this insanely pessimistic, le wacky 50s, Red Scare parodying perversion that Bethesda shit out and now sullied the series with.

Only using the most literal definition where anything that promotes a certain worldview is "propaganda". Propaganda as it's commonly used is considered more sinister.

>racism is bad
If that's what Fallout 3 was trying to tell me they did so very poorly

Attached: file.png (800x571, 974K)

Being funded by the government or not.

Attached: 1547229803580.jpg (537x609, 57K)

Would've worker better if were like real racism, like if the ghouls were black people instead and tennpenny tower was white only, but Bethesda probably doesn't have the balls to put that in one of their games.

>Implying the "politic themes and critiques" in F3 aren't the most overhanded shit you can possibly have
>Implying people don't love FNV for exactly the reason it's apparently going over their head

Do you think any story with themes is propaganda?

I honest to god have a hard time believing ANYONE seriously sits down and creates things with deep, meaningful commentary on life the universe and everything and aren't just making something because its what they like.
I know that "the curtains are fucking blue" thing is drawn out and a joke but shit.

Not everyone is as dumb as you

The legendary 3 int build

Attached: 1539408519482.png (714x718, 494K)

If you look hard enough into anything, you'll always find what you're looking for.

You can find meaning on me taking a shit in your mouth but that doesn't mean there is one.

If I look hard enough I can find the supermarket my dad went to get milk at.

Actually it's called sophistry.

They aren't mutually exclusive, someone can use propaganda to make a statement. Propaganda would be a medium in which people make a statement. Propaganda doesn't have to come from a government or political organization. Anyone can make propaganda. You've probably come across propaganda tonight while browsing Yea Forums.

Retards actually think that yes.

Or maybe people can like creating things with deep meaningful commentary?

Should be titled >bethesda

>class disparity is bad
Give me one solid example of this in Fallout

Except Fallout is not at all subtle about its themes, the intro alone makes it obvious what the game is going for.

Any commentary along these lines (although I don't think fallout ever had much to say regarding race besides the obvious ghoul metaphor) has been largely ignored since Bethesda has been doing shit like implying the nukes were set off by aliens.

These images (including the original Gundam WAR IS BAD) one are so stupid because the entire point is to INTENTIONALLY use a cool premise and interesting action to draw in people who would otherwise not be interested in the author's message

Imagine making fun of someone for liking a book for its prose while feeling ambivalent about its message? It's so ridiculous, you're allowed to feel however you want about creative works

>entire plot about mutants being discriminated against
>hmmm, yep no message here

do you consider dr seuss books high literature?

Attached: 1521721494718 (1).png (625x773, 143K)

>racism is bad
Imagine thinking we still need to be taught this

>doing shit like implying the nukes were set off by aliens.
what

The strip being gated off from freeside by 2000 caps.

>playing video games for secret messages and morals
literally have sex

I think the image is making fun of nu fallout and how beth and it's fans see the series.

The President of the United States just told American-born Congressmen to go back to Africa earlier today. Yeah I think it still needs to be taught.

None of this shit was present in the 90s Fallout games, you cretinous turbopleb.

fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Alien_captive_recorded_log

17th recording.

It's less between the lines and more video games and frankly most media that strives to be entertaining over provoking are awful vehicles for messages.
Yes WE GET IT, WAR IS BAD, but we've also spent the past several hours having a good time engaging in that war.
Yes, the Empire is evil and oppressive and blah blah, but they look really cool. Vader leads an empty lonely life as a burnt sausage ina gimp suit but he sure is a fucking badass.
And that's just when what's portrayed doesn't directly conflict with the message to make for a more marketable product.
IE the X-men which is a long-lived tract about not disparing those different from you because we've all got something to offer. After being alive too long, our good guys have been twisted so hard that the message gets a little awkward when they've committed and overlooked countless atrocities all because it makes for a flashy hook/twist and then swept under the rug because they need to return to a status quo.
You're not shooting over our heads, you're shooting directly at it, but you built a gun that misfires.

Oh boy another NV secondary that never played fallout 2

Go back to Resertare

What's wrong, did I strike a nerve at your worthless English degree? Don't you have a burger to flip?

Yeah people just like to make cool shit without a message

Attached: 1502811367849-IMG_20170815_112401.jpg (4160x2340, 1.33M)

Neither are the stories lecturing you on the evils of racism and consumerism, you just have assimilated ideas of militarism, discrimination, and consumerism into your concept of America, so anything that opposes those values appears un-American to you.

>What is satire

Goldfish brain

Maybe Fallout 1. Fallout 2 was an incoherent meme filled mess of a game

Just as soon as you go back to R*ddit

Keep sniffing your farts and thinking it's perfume.

The villains of 2 are a massive critique of American culture

Too bad the other Fallout factions are so garbage they start to make the Enclave look good.

Let's watch the opening of Fallout 1
youtube.com/watch?v=geLiEiAiQJA
It starts with the iconic line "war never changes", and is all about the destructive nature of war
The themes of the games are clearly anti-war
The fact The Master is trying to make a super-race of ubermensch, and the follies of his attempts are rather on the nose with their political commentary

Attached: think.png (2688x2688, 173K)

>New Reno
>Gecko
>Vault City
>Broken Hills
>NCR
>Redding
All of these places show a return to normalcy but thrust into an alien environment, how is this a bad thing?
Fallout 2 is my favorite game of all time, don't fucking accuse me of not playing it then not arguing why I'm wrong.
Is it because you are too fucking autistic to separate Easter Eggs and pop-culture references from the actual game?

no?
did you even play fallout 2?

What country was Ilhan Omar born in?

You honestly think someone needs an english degree to realize video game and dr seuss books have subtext and analogies?

Probably gonna be the only time I'll ever get answers here.

Did anyone here actually play Fallout 76? What were the "propaganda" messages in the game? All I got was the thing about Scorch Beasts and The Brotherhood being there for some reason.

Attached: 1559575722615.jpg (481x548, 48K)

seething brainlet at English major chads

Considering he was a playwright that made plays for the average Elizabethan peasant they probably were just cool, funny stories. They're not exactly the big brained theater pieces english teaches make them out to be, they're for the common retard in a time where literacy was for the nobility.

How does that work if you analyze the plot of Fallout 1?
Is The Master performing transgender surgery on all the super mutants?

Fallout 76's message is that you shouldn't play shitty online games that look like they came out in 2007

Nope, I just think the average educated person is smart enough to realize that the writer chose those elements to help tell a compelling and interesting story to make a buck, not to cause social change.

Vault City?

You know you could have just not wasted a reply to this thread right? If you have nothing to contribute you should just shut the fuck up.

Nigger you serious?

Attached: Fo3_Tenpenny_Tower.jpg (1680x1050, 584K)

Propaganda is a statement.
Usually a malicious one.

Literally Fallout 76's pre-war lore is about how Companies doing Government Contract work are kicking workers and replacing them with automation, causing a shit ton of gentrification in the area.

Attached: 1501996068408.png (341x334, 107K)

Retards that never played the originals lol.
Fallout has always been wacky and humorous, especially 2.
Trying to find deep meaning in them is fucking stupid and something only zoomers who worship New Vegas do.

The Pitt

Okay. So what happens if you let the lower classes in?
What happens to the neighborhood?

>Racism is reddit!
spoken like a true poonanny

That wasn't the point of The Pitt at all

Class Warfare, but it's cool the good guys won. My Karma meter told me so.

They get what they deserve

Racial/class disparity results in horrific violence. You realize that class critique doesn't have to be 100% RICH PEOPLE BAD POOR PEOPLE GOOD right?

I half agree with you user.
Yes, I think people take the lore and it's themes too seriously in Fallout, if anyone here read the Fallout Bible they'd know that a lot of the stuff is very smart, but also incredibly stupid.

What matters in any fallout game is the narrative and characters propped up by the more fantastical elements in the setting.

One clever thing FO 76 did touch up on was how like IRL automation and outsourcing of labor combined with a futuristic bullet train redirecting travel raped the town you're in's economy and you get to see the remnants of that, including the remains of the protesters. It wasn't particularly insightful, but the idea that Beth-FO would touch on something like that at all stood out to me.

>class disparity is bad
Saying that lower class people will just kill all of the rich people and turn it into a shithole isn't exactly telling me "class disparity is a bad thing"

>You realize that class critique doesn't have to be 100% RICH PEOPLE BAD POOR PEOPLE GOOD right?
Too bad the game paints it exactly like that.

Retard.

Ah yes the "intellectual" mind of a socal amerimutt showcasing their talents

backpedling pretty hard from the first posts there but okay, you seem to have the extreme view that art has to either be shallow and just "a giant robot that throws football nukes" or propaganda trying to incite social change. don't know why you even are trying to argue this dumb take as you can find plenty of creators who outright state that they were doing both. go look up why romero had dawn of the dead take place in a mall

Attached: 2339_image_20431260_1689764817731700_7148949390942576043_n.jpg (640x349, 32K)

The point was that Ashur and the snake plissken guy weren't what they seemed, but it definitely portrayed the whole slave situation as bad, hence Ashur trying to end it with that vaccine.

Imagine being too dumb to understand fucking Bethesda writing.

Attached: littleintellect.jpg (161x312, 11K)

So things weren't all that great before the nukes huh. That's actually pretty intriguing, thanks for being about the only other guy who answered my question.

Attached: 1555441210278.png (660x489, 513K)

explain then

personal vs political message. a statement connects to people's emotions individually. propaganda attempts to spur action for agenda-driven motives.

Who keeps making these terrible images?

Attached: file.png (376x401, 86K)

Whatever you say, retard.

Attached: 1445705018693.png (840x1182, 93K)

Idk mate, I’m not saying that they’re the deepest things of all time but if you watch a movie like Burning or Synechdoche New York, it’s clear that the directors were trying to do more than simply tell a compelling story. The meticulous amount of detail that goes into every scene can not possibly have been accidental.

it's a
>video game that I enjoy has lefty ideas like "don't be racist" or "don't be a rich ass hole" and that gives me cognitive dissonance so I will pretend it's all nonsense thread

why do you faggots do this? I can enjoy death wish and dirty harry why can't you fags stop being fags

Attached: 1496727359144.jpg (1920x2502, 363K)

Propaganda has a message with political implications

It's never wasted if you have fun doing it.

The quest is depicting the longstanding dehumanizing effects of racial/class discrimination, as well as the kind of head-down herd mentality that allows people to let their leaders get away with atrocities. Most of the Tenpenny towers residents are fine with letting the ghouls in, but they keep their head down until the LW spurs them into action. Similarly, most of the ghouls don't want to massacre the inhabitants, but they go along with it because they're too scared of speaking out against Roy. The Tenpenny residents are welcoming, but the longstanding dehumanization employed against the ghouls strikes back against them, as Roy and his lackeys have a similar dehumanized view of them as a result. Essentially, it's critiqueing the kind of liberal idea that if legal discrimination is removed that everyone will just magically get along and behave themselves, as well as criticizing the kind of cowardly groupthinking that lets strong-willed leaders push their countrymen into accepting evil.

The Three Dog broadcast might be a commentary on the folly of the media, but honestly I'm pretty sure that one is a fuckup.

"everyone deserves the ability to protect themselves, regardless of their worth to me" vs "i value my self-preservation too much to endanger myself by arming someone who might accidentally become a threat to me" is politics

Statements are ideas you agree with, propaganda is the gay incorrect shit

According to the formulation of logic that Wittgenstein bequeathed to us, "The sense of the world must lie outside the world. In the world everything is as it is, and everything happens as it does happen: in it no value exists -- and if it did exist, it would have no value." A message of course being something that has value, and the evaluation of messages being strictly the province of ethics -- with these two facts in mind we move on to Wittgenstein's next propositions:

"If there is any value that does have value, it must lie outside the whole sphere of what happens and is the case. For all that happens and is the case is accidental. What makes it non-accidental cannot lie within the world, since if it did it would itself be accidental. It must lie outside the world.

6.42 So too it is impossible for there to be propositions of ethics. Propositions can express nothing that is higher.

6.421 It is clear that ethics cannot be put into words. Ethics is transcendental. (Ethics and aesthetics are one and the same.)

>but they go along with it because they're too scared of speaking out against Roy
Aren't they all feral anyways?

This but unironically

>no mention of ghoul discrimination
fucking smooth skins are all the same, only caring about those savage mutants

I didn't play Fallout 76, but I read a bit about the 'setting' here and there.
The only thing I vaguely remember is... The games lore or 'excuse' for having Super Mutants in the region was a local branch of West Tek dumped a bunch of FEV in the water supply a few years before the bombs dropped to experiment on the Human Population. I think they did this with the help of some grocery store? I'm not completely sure.

I specifically remembered this because from day one I thought it was fucking stupid there were Super Mutants in the area and I knew there'd be some dumb fucking excuse.

>The quest is depicting the longstanding dehumanizing effects of racial/class discrimination
They literally aren't human. The thing that caused the dehumanizing effect was motherfucking radiation, which canonically causes dementia and propensity to unprovoked violence in ghouls.

ITT: Americans conflate philosophical questions with politics

Man I wish we would get that reaource wars rts thar Avellone wanted to make.

spreading your ideology unintentionally vs intentionally

Attached: schniff.jpg (272x185, 7K)

We all know why they're there, it wouldn't be a fallout game without them right?

Or the Brotherhood.

Attached: 1549413348310.png (512x512, 531K)

>the factions that are the most stable and good are the most like America and the most capitalist
>one of the areas with the most stability has the most class disparity
>the most interesting and powerful characters are usually fighters themselves
>the factions with the most stability and power aren't unwilling to fight to secure it

Attached: 1427761470922.jpg (1024x768, 94K)

>You do the right thing and let the black nignogs into the nice safe place to live
>Nignogs then murder everyone there
>You kill the murderous nignogs and are immediately branded a bad guy

WOW it's just like real life

Fallout 1 opens with the video of American soldiers executing Canadians on the street. The whole background of Fallout is centered around the world being pretty fucked before the nukes.

I think pipboy is subtle commentary on consumerism. the mascot is always reminding you of the "happy" pre war era. its like the vault dweller had a mickey mouse wrist watch.

It's not our fault they wouldn't stop shitposting.

I wasn't being ironic

Bethesda isn't that complex they just want epic explosions

OK real question: can any normal ghoul go savage without warning? Like, either at a certain age, or if they get exposed to even more radiation? Then that shit would be scary.

>pipboy

There are super mutants because it’s West Virginia, they’ve always been there

>humorous and dark satire making observations about the pitfalls of society
>telling me uncomfortable things is propaganda!

No, you idiot.

Oh sorry. Pip-boy. Pedantic autist.

Those exact kind of people. I will say, being a person who listens in to average peoples conversations as part of my job, pick a random person and you'll more than likely get someone self-involved without full understanding of the world around them. But boy do they have opinions! And some of them NEED YOU TO KNOW about them.
I'm glad I was always a quiet person, because I would hate to present myself like that to other people. It's pretty obnoxious.

how a leftscum going to win the civil war when they look like this

Attached: 32.jpg (1920x1280, 392K)

It's Vault-Boy retard

Attached: IMG_20190714_092910.jpg (996x661, 108K)

And who is vault boy the mascot of?

I don't think it's really explained but given that there's so many pre-war ghouls I don't think it's inevitable.

>Sawyer wanted to make a medieval RPG with a focus on the historical accuracy of weapon and armor design
>Obsidian made him make a high fantasy Baldur's Gate clone instead

Vault-Tec, retard.

Pipboy and Sons?

Real-World: The Fallout franchise
In-game: Vault-Tec

>I certainly don't remember any Fallout lecturing me about racism
Well, it's between shit like humans, ghouls, and super mutants.
>Set calls the Vault Dweller a normie
>Humans using the word zombie as a pejorative towards ghouls
>Ghouls using the word smoothskin as a pejorative towards humans
>Legion killing ghouls on sight

>Fallout 1 opens with the video of American soldiers executing Canadians on the street
Fucking Leaf here, have you met a Canadian before? They probably deserved it.

Only the French ones.

I'm currently playing the first game, just finished saving Tandi from the Khans. The role-playing and writing are really good, but the combat is a fucking slog. How good is Fallout 2 in comparison?

And he, the mascot, is used in the pipboy. Making him...a mascot like was originally said.

english majors and the people whose works they study are less than human. looking for non-obvious meaning in the written word is beyond idiotic and is the academic equivalent of palm reading.

Attached: absolute disgust.png (226x228, 119K)

I meant the orange haired pip boy in fallout 1 and 2. dont acktchually me.

Combat is improved in 2 and roleplaying aspect is fantastic, although if you're looking for main-quest stuff being interesting than in my opinion 1 is the best.

I wouldn't consider any of those preachy though, if anything it's just realistic as racism will always exist.

Vault-Boys use isn't limited to just the Pip-Boy, retard.

2 is more of the same. If you don't like combat in 1 you wont like it in 2. It's better but not that much better.

Except they're both bad. If you let the Ghouls in, they'll slaughter everyone inside, meaning that the Tenpennies' racism towards the ghouls was justified.

Never said it was. Ask yourself this, is Vault Boy a mascot yes or no?

She was born in Mogadishu you mongoloid

This is after you broker a peace and allow Roy and his followers into Tenpenny's tower. He first kills Tenpenny, and eventually they genocide the rest of the humans.

Pretty much this.

Yes, this is not subjective.

They should stop teaching it.

play fallout 1 and 2. pip boy is a separate mascot.

Well there you go then. Vault Boy is a mascot as was said here. Never said he wasn't.

>it's a criticism of racism bro
Quote from the wiki, straight out of Roy's mouth:
"I already got a plan. They think I'm a monster. I'll show them the real monsters! We'll unleash our feral brethren on them; all those bigoted sons-of-bitches will get torn apart. Trouble is getting past the damn subway access door! You see, there's some kind of escape door that leads from the Tenpenny basement to the subway tunnels. There must be some way to get that open."

Few of the people inside actually think the ghouls are monsters, the racism subject is very weak. Besides, the guy outright tells you he has plans to murder everyone inside, so if this is how you're trying to tell people that racism bad then you've done a horrible job.

People think Starship Troopers is propaganda.

>I wouldn't consider any of those preachy though
How convenient, faṃ
>if anything it's just realistic as racism will always exist.
Yeah, but you don't see this between humans in the games. I don't recall a white character calling a black character a nigger or someone calling a character of Shi descent as a chink

Based retard

Combat gets better once you invest more into a combat skill and get better weapons, a few perks too. At the beginning it can be a slog, but you'll start to appreciate it more once you get its chops down.

I think it's best summed up by the guy above, you can bullshit your way into finding any message there is.
Yes, Fallout does parody some things and it does have commentary, but I don't remember too much about racism. In general it's more about trying to survive in a hellhole planet and picking between idealism and practicality, good nature and hostility. Hence the image above about giving the retard a gun.

Like shit if you can see a criticism of racism in Tenpenny Tower, to which it would be summed up as "we're gonna kill all of these not-racist people to show those racists", you're either baiting or actually retarded.

Its ironic propaganda

>reading comprehension

This is how it goes with every Fallout, even 4. Beginning is pretty slow, just try to let it set in.
Though with 4 you'll want a couple hundred mods and a lobotomizer to forget how awful the story is, and the lack of RPG mechanics.

>Finland or whatever country that is
I sleep

Attached: chuds fear this.jpg (2048x1536, 729K)

Based social reject who thinks talking about things is something to be scorned

>anti intellectualism
Kill yourself

It's intended as anti-propaganda.
But the narrative reverses itself to being actual propaganda.

>How convenient, faṃ
None of those examples are heavy handed nor do they convey any sort of underlying message.
>Yeah, but you don't see this between humans in the games.
You do in Fallout 2.

Attached: scr00002.png (1920x1080, 1.57M)

I'm just impressed at how Fallout, despite being twenty years old, still manages to get all these threads about what its deeper meaning is.

Does that just mean it's awful and vague or only for the highest IQ players? Considering these threads, it's probably both.

kek, they look like such weak faggots. They would get blown out by some random fudd militia.

>satire is propaganda

Attached: 96DA881513C34952B79FEF4A1C228660.jpg (556x1114, 393K)

People like you are why capeshit and fortnite are so successful

That's just a human mocking another group's way of life

>I sleep
I don't

Attached: despair.jpg (564x328, 138K)

Some of the writers certainly inject their own, yes. Plenty of others just treat it as a game.

Tribals are their own race, unless this is white.

Attached: scr00004.png (1920x1080, 1.56M)

What race is chud a slur for?

defend it from what

What's the matter. Can't take them on yourself, lil /k/uckold?

especially stupid honkeys

A statement is something you make that you truly believe. propaganda is a statement you make that you do not believe, but wish others to.

i don't think it's propaganda, it's too free form with its storytelling and allowing you to choose sides. it's just a basic political framework to tell stories in and have fun gameplay

Kek pretty easy, shit even a mall cop could take them on. God I can't wait for my contract to be up so I can get into contractor work for the big bux.

Not him but most people set the state of their discussions into either good or bad things.
Generally because it's way more interesting than talking about something from a almost mechanical nonbiase perspective. Both hurt and support discussion in different ways though and shouldn't be used exclusively.

chud is for generally right-wing whites, usually used by the antifa types

What? Tribals are still human. Joshua Graham even refers to himself and Daniel as being part of a tribe

Cannibalistic Humanoid Underground Dwellers.

>putting your life on the line to protect oil for people who don't care about you

the most cucked thing I can imagine, really

Funny enough he never mentioned anyone by name

I do like my country and figure I can give it my time and energy for an education in skillsets for an industry that will always be in high demand and pay well. Its not my fault your afraid of death. The war industry sadly will never go away, so I may as well take advantage of it.

Some (but not all, like the White Legs) tribes are native American, even though they share the Caucasian model because Beth is lazy. Chosen One is a mutt tho' since canon Vault Dweller was white.

When the Mormons referred themselves to a tribe, they meant it in a biblical sense, like the Jews.

>retards LARPING that they played Fallout
>retards LARPING that they played games in the 90s and pretending that they didn't explicitly shit on Republicans
OH NO NO NO NOOOOO AHAHAHAHAHHAA

Attached: 1562706133591.png (1024x768, 464K)

thanks for the reddit gold, kind stranger! you win the internet for today!

Attached: le woosh.png (935x380, 17K)

Are people with dementia or bouts of unprovoked violence or both, not humans, in the real world?

this, holy shit how many americunts are in this thread, the reason you are so fucking hated online is because of how much you read into stuff, stop trying to get offended by everything and you might actually start having fun
if its not fun, why bother living?

>dude Fallout isn't political!
Fallout 1's opening cutscene literally shows the American military gunning down a Canadian POW while waving to the camera, before showing an ad demanding the viewer to buy war bonds

Fallout 2 literally had a Dan Quayle stand-in, who was VP for George HW Bush in the early 90s. This is the equivalent of adding Mike Pence into a game, along with all of the dumbest shit he's ever said, and making him objectively evil

Fallout 3 had a quest where you gain good karma for murdering the objectively evil rich man and his rich tenants because he discriminates with housing. If you murder the ghouls, even after they murder all of the other rich tenants you gain bad karma. This is literally what far-left extremists believe in (that we have to murder the rich people through a violent revolution)

Attached: 1445683719969.jpg (800x804, 56K)

Not all commentaries are propaganda.
That's really all I have to say about anything.

genuinely obsessed

the two p words arent the same user
those being Propaganda and Parody
consider a hobby have sex dilate so on and so forth

How does a tribal know about the United States Republican Party?

So if I literally put Trump in a game, complete with all of his quotes and the dumbest shit he's ever said, and make him objectively evil and the right-hand man of the main villain, that isn't propaganda, that's parody

Okay. In that case virtually anything "political" in games is actually parody, not propaganda.

Mee takas ylilaudalle vitun vammanen paska.

perustettu ja punapilleröity

Zoomies and foreigners don't remember George Bush at all, they think Trump is special in all of the treatment he gets

Attached: ynhc37m3uun21.jpg (800x640, 57K)

strawfag

>retards LARPING that they played Fallout
Said the faggot posting a screenshot they didn't take to someone who posted their own screenshot. Get real.

>muh war bad

Im so sick of this. War can be a good and just enterprise. People (real men) willingly and happily went to fight WWI. Then our countries got subverted with cuck shit, LGBT and postmodernism and now everyone is a coward pussy

It's not a strawman, Fallout 2 literally has Dan Quayle in the game working for the Enclave, only his name is slightly changed (it's Daniel Bird instead of Quayle) and he says all of Quayle's dumbest quotes.

So if I literally put a stand-in for a real life political figure and portray him as a dumb and evil then that's not propaganda that's parody. If that's true then there is no meaningful distinction between the two, you retards keep moving the goal posts
>this game addresses political issues
>well it's not political because they don't reference real life politics!
>well this game explicitly name drops real life politicians
>that's not political because...uh... it's parody! not propaganda!
>but it portrays him as evil and stupid
>DELETE THIS

War is the ultimate cuckoldry. You're fighting not for your own reasons but for someone else's. Imagine lacking so much agenda as a persona that you'd willingly stoop so low, being willingly treated like a marionette to maintain rulers in their cushy spots.

fallout throws jabs at everything. in the end the war and destruction happened not because of some specific ideology but because humans themselves are deeply flawed.

self sacrifice is a masculine heroic feat. calling it cuckoldry is pretty numale.

Every war after WWI has been for (((them))).

Fallout 2 explicitly shits on a real-life Republican and portrays him as evil and stupid while not shitting on a Democrat. Fallout 2 also explicitly shits on Scientology, which was another real-life controversy and issue at the time.

If a game today did the same shit, include a character named Mike Pence only called him "Mike Dense" and made him say all sorts of retarded shit everyone would be whining about how overly political it was. The only reason why no one complains is because this website is filled with zoomers who didn't actually play any games in the 90s and don't remember how much people fucking hated Bush and the Bush administration

Don't forget
>John Henry Eden is an A.I. who read all about US history and its presidents
>Is a crazy racist psycopath that wants genocide

Exactly what I was talking about. Word for word this is exactly what they want you to think. The post modern liberal cuck.

if i agree with the game it’s political
if i disagree with the game it’s propaganda

>People (real men) willingly and happily went to fight WWI
Yeah I imagine they didn't regret that
Who wouldn't enjoy dying from coughting your lungs, being eaten by rats or drowing in mud
keep playing your shooters senpai

if people hated bush then how did he get elected? sounds like sour grapes of a minority voter. also I'm not american so I'm not intimately familiar with the politics. that bush administration vc being in f2 is pretty interesting.

there's self-sacrifice and then there's dying from believing stupid jingoistic propaganda

Damn I didn't know the President was so cool

I don't know about the first time
But Bush stayed in power because he made thepeople belive that invading random countries and spying their own citizens was going to keep them safe from another 9/11

He literally lost the popular vote but won by electoral college. It's the same shit that happened with Trump, there was a massive controversy over it and everything, particularly with the Florida ballots, to the point where there was a literal Supreme Court case over it

Why are you commenting on American politics if you don't know shit about American politics? Why are you commenting on the Fallout franchise if you don't know shit about the Fallout franchise?

DELETE THIS

maybe the pipboy has a wikipedia

The very first one was just a meme image making fun of people buying Gunplas, but then some retards took it seriously and are now using them for any series wheter they have a message or not.

they still make me chuckle

Attached: gundam thunderbolt fans in a nutshell.png (599x312, 130K)

And hes an abortion of science.

/vpol/ zoomers on suicide watch

fallout has the subtlety of a sledgehammer with its political themes but gamers can't see it because most of you have absolutely 0 critical thinking skill

truly apolitical kino

OBJECTIVE FACT

If your media's goal is to explore and grapple with complex concepts and engage with difficult ideas, and your consumer base only sees the flashy graphics and catchy music, then YOU HAVE OBJECTIVELY FAILED TO CONVEY THOSE IDEAS.

Which means that it is YOUR FAULT the audience doesn't grasp the concepts you think you're addressing.

And if you think you're having a complex philosophical conversation, but no one is listening, then YOU'RE NOT HAVING A CONVERSATION.

Meaning you SUCK AT DOING YOUR JOB.

There is literally no possible way you can argue this fact.

The only thing you should take seriously is liberty prime
TACTICAL ASSESMENT: RED CHINESE VICTORY: IMPOSSIBLE

nah, you can spell something out very plainly and still have people completely miss it

people kill themselves all the time because they missed one too many warning labels

Why are you commenting on American politics if you don't know shit about American politics?
All I've done so far is few inquiries.
>Why are you commenting on the Fallout franchise if you don't know shit about the Fallout franchise?
because I wasnt aware it this politically charged of a franchise. then again I never played much fallout 2 and most of my perception of the series comes from the first game.

>"look between the lines"
>the only thing you ever find when looking there is "propaganda"
based schizo

>you can spell something out very plainly and still have people completely miss it
Then you have failed at explaining.

But more importantly, you also don't have the right to watch people fail to understand what you're trying to convey, and then pat yourself on the back for doing a good job grappling with complex topics. Because you literally failed at doing that.

>people in the media always rightfully judge your actions objectively especially when they don't have the full picture

Dumb retard. The radio guy's reaction is exactly what would happen in the real world

All games with a setting/story is propaganda. Arguably pure gameplay games too is propaganda, such as Tetris and pong

Why doesn't Midwest Brotherhood of Steel just forcibly take over the world? They have shitloads of technology and firepower, and enough ginormous tracts of farmland under their control they could feed and rebuild the wasteland several times over.

Attached: IMG_7499.jpg (779x1026, 84K)

That’s just wrong
Most of the population simply doesn’t have the cognitive capacity to understand complex philosophical concepts. Give an average normie A Treatise of Human Nature, do you think they will actually grasp it? Does that mean Hume failed as a philosopher?
Note that I’m not implying Fallout is high-brow media, but rather that your main premise is fundamentally flawed.

This is a good time to say that Fallout 1 was better than Fallout 2. The latter had WAY too much referential humor compared to the first. Also fuck the Temple of Trials.

>Dude just make your themes hamfisted and obvious lmao

Attached: 1561435262381.jpg (479x296, 30K)

>his
Shakespeare was a woman, my English teacher told me so.

Because not everyone wants to be famous or wants to rule everything. Would you honestly want to rule everything? Imagine every single problem on Earth being your problem. lol. Fuck that.

>war improves humanity through conflict
>without consumption, there will be no jobs
>class disparity is the innate result of power law
>racism is the innate result of diversity
>pax americana has made the world a more peaceful and prosperous place to live

statement is the umbrella term, but its propaganda if its wholly biased or misleading.

tthough anyone else will tell you that its propaganda if its making a statement at all or a statement i dont like

Attached: asdddadd.png (609x167, 17K)

Does anyone have the image of fallout rat debating the main character?

remember how vault boy was supposed to be satire of american propaganda mascots and is now in itself just a mascot to sell merch

I always find it weird when people are like "NO ONE HAS EVER TREATED A PRESIDENT LIKE THIS BEFORE". I remember watching people walk out of class to go call Bush a Nazi babykiller.

this is what happens when you grow up without being challenged and demand to be coddled your entire life

>Every war after WWI has been for (((them))).
>after
boy I think you're confused.

How were the rich people bad then if their original fears were justified and not bigotry?

this
well put

Everyone who posts these kind of memes fucking sucks because they haven't even actually played the actual first fallout games where they didn't push this right into your face like the most recent ones.

Absolutely delusional. You freaks try to claim the same thing about GTA, Do you really want to claim the game about mass violence and shootings? Fitting.

Give me some example /pol/tard, prove me that you don't live in a fairy tale you retard.

That was true for the originals, but the bethesda ones are literally "wow cool wasteland"

Have you even played F3? He is right. Typical, You don't know shit.

>thinking GTA isnt political
it is agonizngly obviously satire on American culture (including politics) you spoon

Here we go. It also teaches me mindless killing is fun, Is that part of your political message too?

The Father didn't care about politics.

Attached: The Father.jpg (800x450, 62K)

no its a fucking video game

So I guess Team Fortress 2's Mann vs Machine mode is communist propaganda then, if we read between the lines:
>RED team against BLU robots
>robots are powered by money and only have one directive, to destroy the RED team
>anyone picking up money will distribute the amount to all teammates
ahah, get it? robots are dumb capitalists who only function with money in mind and red team is the good communists fighting the mindless who look barely human

Still waiting for your argument, Retard.

>5th s0 y division

Have sex

These boys is saving the world by spreading the word of god,teaching folk to be self sufficient/building trade lines and demonstrating plain brutality

Attached: 29093075_180336675931403_261095941006688256_ni.jpg (1080x1080, 66K)

There's a line to be drawn between intellectualism and overthinking, unfortunately English teachers tend to do the latter. well, to be more accurate, every teacher of the official language in a country does this. it's literally grasping at straws to pad the classes

I agree but GTA is over the top, not subtle at all and clearly comedical, sometimes it isn't even applied that well by today's standards like the republican cuck joke in GTA IV

>I take my video games very seriously

holy fucking shit
i would off myself if i would think that way

Your ma said after your dinner.

One thing I think Fallout is seriously missing on the post-apocalyptic political commentary front is feudalism.

Like this is a society where in FO1/FO2 times the wasteland was basically ruled by power-armoured, energy-weapon wielding organised armies that the local population simply had no way to defend themselves against. And also a society where food and arable land is quite scarce.

This is an instance where it was FO2 that dropped the ball. The Enclave's goals in FO2 made no sense whatsoever. It would have been a way better story if the Enclave's aim was to enforce serfdom on the wastelanders so they could harvest food and resources for them while they rule as a kind of post-post-apocalyptic aristocracy rather than kill them all because evilz.

I think they managed to patch up that issue a bit in NV, but I do agree that the Enclave makes no sense. They never really felt like a threat outside of that one Darth Vader wanna-be, who was more or less just a deep voiced final boss.
Come to think of it, every final boss after The Master basically was that.
FO3 doesn't count, that was hardly a boss battle. You can splatter him in one shot.

go back to r/antifastonetoss

Attached: 1487195704538.jpg (1920x1312, 168K)

People who intentionally try to make things all deep and shit are just narcissists who think they are gods gift to the world.

Reminds me of my teenage years, Embarrassing.

I think that readling too much politics and caring to much about politics breaks your brain.
To the point where you start to too see politics in harmless things, hence "everything is political" meme.
No, not everything is political, it's just you personally see politics everywhere.
Chill, faggots.

Attached: 5e2.jpg (554x439, 38K)

Fallout does have some themes and some messages, some are more on the left, some are more on the right, but in general it's more satire and parody.
The few times they directly made a political statement it was usually backed by some form of comedy, which made it hilarious even if I disagreed with it.
The only thing that Fallout tries to push onto you without any form of comedy at all is war bad. I'd throw in their statements about human nature but they play that for laughs a lot as well.

making a statement = something i agree with
making propoganda = something i do not agree with

Generally what I like is Tolkien's remarks on applicability (good) vs allegory (Bad). goodreads.com/quotes/411971-i-cordially-dislike-allegory-in-all-its-manifestations-and-always The jist being allegory tells you what to think and applicability gives you something you can think about on your own terms. That then helps to inform my view on the role of politics in a series. Good politics is addressing a timeless question and more of a philosophical one, bad politics and propaganda is addressing a very temporary phenomenon. Nobody gives a shit about what Aristophanes had to say about some Athenian faggot whose irrelevant even to historians of the classics, what people give a shit about is the applicability of Lysistrata to modern gender relations. Which is why people will get mad at some hurfdurfdrumpmaga allegorical metaphor but if you address questions of nations mixing and changing then you have something applicable from Sumer to 2019.

It also helps if the political statement is more than just a fucking ms paint "my dude is cool, your dude is whack" comic. Address the opposing view in a tangible way and not just as a strawman.

For statement vs propaganda I like

propaganda is a dirty word so if you disagree with an artistic statement you can label as propaganda to trick less critical minds about the topic of discussion right off the get go

>racism bad
>war bad
Woah... I don't think I can understand those very complex points... What does that even mean????

>BUT user EVERYTHING HAS POLITICS!! SONIC 1 IS ABOUT ENVIROMENTAL ISSUES AND ANIMAL CRUELTY, NOT JUST A DUMB PLATFORMER!!

why are left wingers like this?

Dear god, look at that awful squat form.

I don't agree with MGS's anti-nuke stance but at no point does it feel like a smug writer is shoving his worldview down my throat when I'm playing those games.

racism isn't bad

the world and story is obviously a satire on modern america

The right is just as retarded. Extremists see what they want in everything.

Yes it is, you should hate someone for who they are, not what color their skin is. That's entry level hate.

Jesus christ so many WRONG answers
How has the word Propaganda lost its meaning this hard? Its not inherently negative at all, Propaganda is just another word for PR or Advertising. It doesnt have to be political in nature, misleading, or malicious in nature at all. You witness propaganda every day, probably right now in this thread. Before WW2 propaganda was used casually, but since Goebbels was the "Minister of Propaganda" the word has gained this sinister tone.
I suggest you all read Propaganda by Edward Bernays

And the gameplay is obviously a criminal/murderer simulation. Games are about gameplay right

Yes user but one side is mocked and the other is taken seriously.

>race is just a skin colour

Attached: 0611633F1DE44C85BC34A895356CD988.jpg (1600x1066, 313K)

This is the biggest misconception out there. MSM is the vehicle through which propaganda has been delivered for literally centuries and yet MSM is mostly not owned by the government. All those newspapers printing wartime propaganda during WW2, they were private. Was this not propaganda?

the extreme left is only taken seriously by the left and same goes with the right. the people at mass only start taking them seriously when they get violent.

>hate someone for who they are, not what color their skin is
Say no to ageism and carefully examine every argument a 5 year old makes. Don't dismiss their opinion because of their age.

Not necessarily.

Lord of the Rings is widely interpreted to have strong monarchist, agrarian and Christian themes and no one mocks that despite it being a very conservative interpretation of a popular work. In fact it's a very mainstream interpretation.

It's only when you start coming out with shit like
>Teletubbies is gay agenda propaganda
That people start mocking it.

What Yea Forums leftard makes these fucking stupid images? I too can interpret themes from media according to my own agenda. Its utterly useless though.
The only one here that is even slightly addressed in Fallout is consumerism and "Americana".
It says nothing about war being dehumanizing outside of "war never changes" which is a morally ambiguous statement, a statement accompanied by "all progress is through war". Not to mention you, the player, are constantly waging war to achieve your goals. Thats fucking stupid and whoever wrote this is fucking stupid.
As for "class disparity and racism" please fuck off back to your neo-marxist tumblr page.

How can war dehumanize when it's the most intrinsically human act?

>game requires you to butcher people in droves
>has literal gore animations
>"but war is bad"
For the record I dont actually believe Fallout is anti-war, but if it was then it would be highly retarded and hypocritical.

>The right is just as retarded.
These years the left is out-retarding them though.

>waaaaah why is everyone reporting on left wing nuts and not right wing nuts >:((((((
>IT AIN'T FAIR!!1111!!!1!
Because the frequency of retardation is higher on the left wing these days than on the right wing, that's just the reality.

Attached: 1323742968265.jpg (800x600, 329K)

Niggers belong in Africa. Period. End of story.

so? are you autistic? you can still compartmentalize things and analyze them however you want. just because it's a game doesn't mean the story doesn't exist

It was very obviously referring to the 4 main story-paths of Fallout NV respectively and the "war is dehumanizing to those who fight it" one is very obviously referring to Caesar's legion. The Legion have basically been engaged in total war constantly without rest ever since they were founded and despite the legionnaires ostensibly being the ruling class of this society they actually have no real freedom at all and in order to be a legionnaire they have to be completely washed of any sense of self or individuality. The only thing that really seems to separate a legionnaire from a slave is that a legionnaire has subordinates of his own to abuse. And this system seems to be profoundly psychologically damaging since virtually every member of the legion you meet seems to be a total psychopaths, with the most reasonable ones almost exclusively being close to the top of the hierarchy.

And it sort of echoes this theme with the NCR in that for the most part it doesn't seem like the NCR really gives a shit about their soldiers or their well-being given how many camps are under total siege, falling apart or annihilated with no outside support despite the NCR being a very wealthy country by wasteland standards.

If there's one thing that Fallout NV for certain reinforces as a theme it's that political and military leaders (usually, there are in game exceptions) see their troops as an expendable resource rather than as human beings that are worth caring about. It's definitely a left-wing, but it's for sure intentional to the story. This is literally the whole point of Boone's side-quest, that despite his loyalty and service to the NCR all he has to show for it is PTSD and a shitty apartment in Novac even after being forced to commit a warcrime in its name.

Also in FNV it's possible to finish the game as a pacifist without exploiting bugs and with minimal skipping quests. It was definitely intentional to this game that the player character is able to choose if they want to kill or make peace (as much as is possible anyway)

propaganda=being subtle about your statement

>People (real men) willingly and happily went to fight WWI.

You know they sold false promises right? Nobody is going to willingly and happily walk into a war where you're constantly bombarded with motor shells for days on end where you're huddled up in some dank, wet trench with 20 other people along with the corpses of your buddies with the ever looming threat of mustard gas hanging over your heads.

Sonic unironically is about anti-industrialization, tho. It’s why all of the industrial levels look like hellholes, all of the enemies are mechanized animals, one of the major villains is a mechanized version of you, etc

I bet you didn’t realize that Star Wars was anti-technology, either

People like you who belittle Shakespeare are some of the saddest creatures on this Earth.

WWI was literally the most bullshit war ever fought and had previous generations thought "Actually, nah fuck this war shit" we'd be better off and infinitely less cucked today.

They went off to fight for their country and came back to find it had already been robbed from under them.

They went to WWI because they were lied to. After actually going to war they regretted it to the point of literally making art around it

>What is the Lost Generation

>It was very obviously referring to the 4 main story-paths of Fallout NV respectively and the "war is dehumanizing to those who fight it" one is very obviously referring to Caesar's legion.
Its "very obvious" that you project your experience onto everyone. Chris Avellone himself has said he was not trying to dictate a specific morality or philosophy to you. He presented multiple different ideplogies fairly and let you the player decide what is moral. There is no right or wrong. Caesar himself identifies how pro-war America caused the end of the world through their expansionism
And yet he himself wants to wage war of conquest to bring stability to the wasteland. This isnt a moral dilemma, its hegelian dialectics. Like he says.
>The Legion have basically been engaged in total war constantly without rest ever since they were founded and despite the legionnaires ostensibly being the ruling class of this society they actually have no real freedom at all and in order to be a legionnaire they have to be completely washed of any sense of self or individuality
This is all completely meaningless outside of your own projection of what is moral and just. Caesar does not believe in individual freedom. Nor do many people. The game certainly doesn't lecture you on it either.
>blah blah blah heirarchy is exploitation blah blah
Again, please stop projecting.
>If there's one thing that Fallout NV for certain reinforces as a theme it's that political and military leaders see their troops as an expendable resource
No the game does not reinforce that. You chose to interpret it that way. You can choose to follow a path, or make your own and become a leader yourself.
>It's definitely a left-wing,
No it is fucking not
Fuck you and your retarded political projections.
As Warren Spector said, the goal of a good RPG writer is not to dictate to the player. Its to present the player with unbiased reality and let them choose. Avellone follows this philosophy very closely. Fuck off.

Why are gamers so dumb and miss extremely obvious themes and aesthetic choices? No wonder games aren’t considered art, lol

>American-born
Imagine thinking that actually matters

They can't, for any sort of tribalism to be killed it needs to be rooted out each and every generation.

>implying that racism is bad
Can you even argue why favoring your own racial kisnmen over other races is supposedly bad or have you just been indoctrinated into thinking
>racism=evil

Being born on a piece of clay does not make you inherently a part of any group of people. What ties you to a group of people are ethnic (aka blood) and cultural ties. Some shitskin somalian is not member of my people regardless of his or her passport.

Fallout 76 actually has social commentary in it
It has labor strike frozen in time as the nukes killed people where they rallied
But the better thing it does is the automated middle management place, even the paper pushers had been automated by robots and lost their jobs
Only people left in the power structure were the rich families who lived up in the mountains, looking down on everyone

Leo Tolstoy is among those people.

Chris Avellone is an idiot if he thinks he can write something and afterwards think he has any power on the text
Intentions are meaningless, only what can be read from the text matters.

>Intentions are meaningless, only what can be read from the text matters.
That's what he just told you fuckwit.
HE wrote it as fairly as possible to let YOU decide who is "right" or "wrong".
You interpreted it as being "left leaning".
Others didn't.
>t. National Eugenicist

When someone makes a statement they don't care if people agree with them. Statement: Hitler did absolutely nothing wrong.

Whereas entire purpose of propaganda is to draw masses to agree with your point of view. You don't just present a thought people can discuss, like some people might assume I am a nazi for stating that Hitler did nothing wrong, or just a troll, or uneducated and etc. Whereas with propaganda you want to dictate others what to think of it.

Who?

Attached: D911E79XoAYnUww.jpg (922x566, 55K)

>Statement: Hitler did absolutely nothing wrong.
Based

Attached: happy hitler.jpg (639x794, 129K)

>like some people might assume I am a nazi for stating that Hitler did nothing wrong
Wrong, they'll think you're based, but also redpilled.

>I bet you didn’t realize that Star Wars was anti-technology, either

Why would I care about that? I'm not a fucking retard that loves to smell his own farts, like you.

Do you get paid to listen in on peoples phone conversations?

1/2
First of all this "pick out sentences from the argument and attack individual pieces rather than the argument as a whole" shit is fucking gay and reddit. Especially because once you start doing it there's no real way to respond except in kind. I strongly encourage you not to do this gay shit in future. It wastes huge amounts of the character limit, it degenerates the argument into pure pedantic nit-picking, and it's literally a cultural import from reddit. Don't do it.
>Its "very obvious" that you project your experience onto everyone
Only here's the thing, that wasn't a comment on Fallout NV and how there is one objectively correct interpretation, that was a comment on OP's image and how it's a valid interpretation because the dehumanisation of soldiers is a theme that's presented to you in the game. It's not THE theme, but it's a theme, just how democracy being deeply flawed is a theme, or how ruthless capitalism being the most effective method of development is a theme. The game does not dictate a specific worldview to you, this is true. But it does present you with themes for you to interpret for yourself, and I'm saying OP's interpretation is a valid one.

>This is all completely meaningless outside of your own projection of what is moral and just. Caesar does not believe in individual freedom. Nor do many people. The game certainly doesn't lecture you on it either.
Obviously, hence why Caesar's Legion is a completely anti-individualistic society. How does that contradict my argument that life in the legion is dehumanising for the legionnaires?

2/2
>blah blah blah heirarchy is exploitation blah blah
That's not what I said. What I said was most (not all) of the political and military leaders in the game treat their troops as being expendable, which is true. Even a lot of the time the courier is treated this way, like when the NCR agriculture guy sends you on an absolute suicide mission that he doesn't expect you to return from without giving you any indication of just how dangerous it's going to be.

>No the game does not reinforce that. You chose to interpret it that way. You can choose to follow a path, or make your own and become a leader yourself.
Yes it does, once again see Boone's quest. This is definitely a theme the game presents you with.

>No it is fucking not
That was a typo on my part, the full sentence was supposed to be "It's definitely a left-wing theme, but it's for sure intentional to the story."

Go back to Europe

we need more memes like this

Dr. Seuss is unironically a great writer. His ideas of ambiguity between what's right and wrong puts to shame most of "more serious" literature. There are not many writers who have successfully written sympathetic villains as well as Dr. Seuss wrote Onceler and also made him go through a redemption at the same time in such a short span of time and all of it is believable.

As human society matures, we have finally realized that there actually is absolute morality. And thus, all ideas that opposite are just wrong and deserve to be excluded

Yeah you’re just a regular retard, lmao

I already live in Europe you mongrel.
Fuck off with your retarded civic nationalism.

Ethnonationalism or bust. No shitskin will ever be my kin.

Attached: puukko pepe.jpg (353x357, 116K)

based

öyh öyh

>I suggest you all read Propaganda by Edward Bernays

is this propaganda?

>dude games shouldn’t be hamfisted about politics, they should be more subtle
>wtf do you mean this game is political? Unless the game literally, objectively tells me that it’s political you’re just reading too much into it

Attached: 0EB92F4F-9C51-4E65-A57A-840672A3425E.png (211x239, 9K)

/pol/fags BTFOed

Attached: genGAR.png (256x256, 124K)

>t. tapwater goblin

Attached: hanavesigoblin.jpg (1080x1664, 205K)

Give me one reason class disparity and racism is bad

Seething bootlicker.

Nigger, I'm not belittling him. Hamlet is a fucking hysterical play. I'm belittling the morons who think that his work was some deep, intellectual wankery when all of his works were just really witty, clever shows for the common man.

did it go to feelings with persunuorella lmao

just for you user

Attached: 1.png (1280x720, 200K)

Do you have any actual arguments to why I should accept a somalian shitskin as my kinsman instead of viewing him/her accurately as a member of a competing population, and thus my enemy?

Just because it's for popular audiences doesn't mean it can't be deep and intellectual.

Your language sounds like baby rattle with Down Syndrome.

t. brainlet

Video games aren’t even close to subtle about the subjects they deal with and you STILL don’t get it, LOL

fixed typo

Attached: Untitled-1.png (1280x720, 200K)

>FFVII - pro-environmentalism, anti-corporation
>Tales of Vesperia - pro-environmentalism, anti wealthy elite
>SMT Strange Journey - pro-environmentalism
>SMT in general - anti-organized religion
>FFVI - pro-environmentalism, anti-industrialization
>FFX - anti-organized religion
>MGQ - intolerance is caused by organized religion
>Tales of Symphonia - anti-racism
>Tales series in general - anti-discrimination
>Sonic the Hedgehog in general - anti-industrialism/pro-environment (save the animals from the evil machines)
>BOF II - anti-organized religion
>Grandia II - anti-organized religion
>FFT - anti-organized religion
>Valkyria Chronicles - anti-racism against Jews, anti-imperialism
>Spec Ops - anti-American interventionism/exceptionalism, anti-war
>Mass Effect -pro- (genetic)diversity, LGBT
>Fallout -anti-American jingoism/ultranationalism, anti-nuke
>Fallout 2 -explicitly anti-Scientology, anti-American jingoism, anti-Republican
>Civilization (in general) - anti-Republican
>Oddworld in general -anti-corporation, anti-industrialization, pro-environment
>Doom - anti-corporation
>Ratchet and Clank - pro-environmentalism, anti-corporation
>Mind Forever Voyaging - anti-Reagan
>Alter Ego - anti-conservative
>Bioshock - libertarianism and Randian utopianism ultimately fails and turns into a dystopia
>Halo (in general) - basically an allegory for post 9-11 fundamentalism
>MGS1 - your genes don't actually matter/define you
>VtMB - anti-Bush, anti-Republican, anti-elite
>Lunar Eternal Blue: anti-organized religion
>Assassin's Creed (in general): anti-organized religion (Templars are evil), religion is also a lie
>Arc the Lad- anti-organized religion
>GTA (in general) - le both sides are bad
>SMTIV - individualism bad, collectivism good
>RDR - pro-feminism, anti-racism
>Fire Emblem - anti-ultranationalism
>MOTHER 3 - pro-environment, anti-industrialization
>Catherine - pro-LGBT
>Fear Effect - pro-LGBT
>MGS3- pic related

Attached: 7A2899B1-8B02-4D46-B4A8-547BA06189C7.png (2048x1397, 1.36M)

sorry xir
*tips fedora*

Don't insult our elven tongue you non-Finnic subhuman.
youtube.com/watch?v=OD_TIrX7zu0

There's only one race, the human race.
And man oh man it fucking sucks so I'm not sure this argument works.

Give me one reason I shouldn't shoot you and take all your stuff. Pro-tip: you can't.

Attached: stirner.jpg (613x771, 49K)

Give me one reason why anything is bad

That's Goblin language no matter which gurgling angle i look at it from.

cringe

>There's only one race, the human race.
Even if that statement was true (which it bloody well isn't, as our species has enough biodiversity between different populations that the concept of race is entirely valid), it still does in no way mean that I have kinship with any other human group besides my own ethnic population, let alone the entire human "race".

I am only concerned with the survival, and wellbeing of my own people.

Attached: your own people.jpg (564x641, 93K)

Fucking cuck sjw games, Yea Forums really is full of trannies.

That's true, but his plays were not intended to be as such, and there's nothing wrong with that, either. His strength in writing cave from incredibly clever wordplay and mass appeal, not MUH DEEP MEANING shit.

This thread is all kinds of entertainment.

Attached: Europe Fixed 2.png (2988x2187, 2.59M)

i want to make a game with a lot of hidden meaning and symbolism but with all of it being towards the characters and in-universe plot instead of some dumb bullshit where it's supposed to teach the audience something

>lefties can't answer the question
Like clockwork.

What's the moral of the story in fo76?

Attached: ally.jpg (1600x1200, 227K)

Based stirner chad

But there is lots of deep meaning

His plays probably weren't intended to be ultra deep 2intellectual wank, and they aren't. He probably just intended to write the best plays he could that would also appeal to his target audience (which wasn't necessarily always commoners, King James I was a huge fan and patron of Shakespeare, he had broad appeal with most classes of society), it just so happens those plays turned out to be really, really good.

this but unironically

Attached: 250px-Officer's_Ushanka.png (250x216, 60K)

>that image
>he can't into 4d chess
Lmao go back

fixed

Attached: reading between lines.jpg (800x757, 102K)

propaganda = propagade information, so a documentary is propaganda too

but thats not how the word is used, of course. the common use is for spreading misleading political views.
so the difference is the same as the difference between freedom fighter and terrorist.

Attached: norks.jpg (1984x1280, 457K)

>super mario bros is an allegory to the working class since it features two members of the prole (plumbers) standing against the burgoise (bowser)

holy cringenola, batman.

Intention doesn’t actually mean shit, though

People are influenced unconsciously by their environment. You can make something with political meaning without explicitly intending it to be political. Most people think like this, they just do whatever “feels right” without thinking about where that actually comes from

>commies nuked the entire world

Attached: SKEPTIC-FACE-1-300x175.png (300x175, 86K)

Based

All that is sacred is but a tie and a fetter. There is no race, there is only my sovereign ego, unshackled by your petty Platonian cave shadows: neither your volk nor your wealth exist, for they are spooks of the mind, and I will not bow my ego to the incoherent screechings of toddlers and dedicate myself to meaningless sweet nothings of racial destiny and/or justified hierarchy as you have.

Attached: Stirner+posting+memes+based+on+the+anarchy+egoist+philosophy+_c76d4ef27117f685a6b2ba3d86dca06a.jpg (480x359, 45K)

>this is what leftycuck trannyfaggots actually believe

Attached: D5kJaILX4AIucji.jpg (900x1200, 172K)

Romeo was deep in side something if you know what I mean.

I just picked a random picture so my post would get attention (which it did, from (you))

You mean anti-intellectualism and normalizing your stupidity so you feel better about it?

no it's pulp fiction
this
>huuuur you can't have parallels to the real world in fiction without it being a political statement
you faggots are so fucking autistic you cant even distinguish between fiction and reality anymore

what really matters is the intent of the author of the work, death of the author is total post modernist sophistry, the only people to go "everything's political" are the ones looking for an excuse to justify shoving in lazy pandering and forcing their views on the consumer rather than just leaving t hings ambiguous and encouraging people to think for themselves

Because i have better aim, And if you fuck up i will murder your family.

Daniel was a fucking pussy.

>I (smarter than gamers)
fucking kek this it's literally just people projecting their own biases

>a made up territory redistribution map in which Macedonia exists
Very unusual and weird.

We'll just have to see about that, won't we?

>There is no race
Sure thing nigger lover.
>I-I was just pretending to be retarded!
Lmao go back.

Sure, Sounds fair.

If you're born in America you're american end of story. She has more right to be here than you because she's actually accomplished something with her life.

literally the entire thing boils down to whether or not the inclusion of this stuff was there to entertain or to affect politics, if it's for fun its good if it's for politics it's bad

dumb fuck

>If you're born in America you're american end of story.
If you're born in America and you hate it, you can fuck off back to the shithole of your ethnic origin, end of story.

Lmao. I should move to finland and fuck a finn just to piss you off.

Since you enjoyed my travelling pics have another one

Attached: hurr.jpg (1200x1600, 180K)

>muh epic nihilist sophistry
yes yes we all know you're just an insecure sham of a person looking to justify his retardation with flawed logic

President Richardson tells you in Fallout 2 that China launched the first nukes after they started losing the Resource War. They also started the Resource War to begin with by invading Alaska.
So as far as Fallout is concerned, China bad.

I think you can trace all modern attitudes about politics to this generation being completely unaware of how things were before.

Attached: D9_ppH7XkAAO6FA.jpg (317x317, 24K)

The weather alone will make you uncomfortable, Why die in some foreign lands just to piss of some people?

Or you can change it in your image. Change is the american way.

>literally attacking the Hegelian dialectic
if these people would've been in control we'd still be living in caves

I love nothing but myself.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 559K)

I'm a leaf, our weather is similar.

How the fuck do people play Fallout 1/2 in 1080p? Not only does it look retarded but it's impossible to fucking read anything.

>Or you can change it in your image.
My image of it is nuclear wasteland, i guess that means i am the most American man on this planet then.

That's what they are doing, By kicking your brown ass home

>fucking kek this it's literally just people projecting their own biases
this happens all the fucking time now
lots of people legit became fucking retarded thanks to the way social media works

Attached: twitter.jpg (620x1221, 180K)

>I'm a leaf
Say no more

This.
Literally mental masturbation for high schoolers for their highschooler medium.

that guy was a commie btw

>"very near and dear to many tran's"
>"tran's"
clown world, what can one do against such ever increasing insanity, maybe we really do need another cataclysm, a plague perhaps i guess California is already on it

Thats not at all what sophistry means, you sophist fuck.
Sophistry is intentionally deceiving people by clever use of false argumentation. You know, like you are doing with that short sentence, and one idiot falls for it immediately.

But you're a failure with no power to see your image through.
They don't have the guts or the strength or the smarts to fuck with the constitution. Set achievable goals next time.

Hey we have tons of filthy fucking finns, only fair you take some of us.

>But you're a failure with no power to see your image through.
So are the Congresswomen considering the polls and stats. :^)

Maybe maybe not, honestly I don't really care. Only retards obsess over politics.

1 million of your cousins are going home, Pedro. You can attack as many ice buildings as you want, Won't change anything

The President is also objectively evil in Fallout 2, so...

>Maybe maybe not
Uhuh.

I'm a leaf you dumb burgerstan clapper. You guys won't do shit because you never actually change anything. You're a bunch of teens whining on the internet.

China literally pyrrhic victory'd the entire world after US power armor platoons stormed the capital.

Remember, the Great War was literally all China's fault. They demanded the US hand over what little resources they had left. The US told China to rightfully fuck off. China invades Alaska, the US fights back and shits on their faces. US invades China, and China presses the button.

All attempts to enact rational laws about property have put out from the bay of love into a desolate sea of regulations. Even Socialism and Communism cannot be excepted from this. Everyone one is to be provided with adequate means, for which it is little to the point whether one socialistically finds them still in a personal property, or communistically draws them from a community of goods. The individual's mind in this remains the same; it remains a mind of dependence. The distributing board of equity lets me have only what the sense of equity, its loving care for all, prescribes. For me, the individual, there lies no less of a check in collective wealth than in that of individual others; neither that is mind, nor this: whether the wealth belongs to the collectivity, which confers part of it on me, or to individual possessors, is for me the same constraint, as I cannot decide about either of the two. One the Contrary, Communism, by the abolition of all personal property, only presses me back still more into dependence on another, viz., on the generality or collectivity; and, loudly as it always attacks the "State," what it intends is itself again a State, a status, a condition hindering my free movement, a sovereign power over me. Communism rightly revolts against the pressure I experience from individual proprietors; but still more horrible is the might that it puts in the hands of the collectivity. Egoism takes another way to root out the non-possessing rabble. It does not say: Wait for what the board of equity will—bestow on you in the name of the collectivity (for such bestowal took place in "States" from the most ancient times, each receiving "according to his desert," and therefore according to the measure in which each was able to deserve it, to acquire it by service), but: Take hold, and take what you require! With this the war of all against all is declared. I alone decide what I will have.

let's not pretend cheeto is polling well.

>video game chatacters cant lie
theres also a terminal in fallout 2 that says the war was started by rogue AI in charge of the nukes, obviously in reference to i have no mouth and i must scream.

thanks based anime retard, thats literally every generation

Attached: Remember+the+golden+rules+for+dealing+with+leafs+_e06476aa318b94227204d35f47793d51.jpg (1000x684, 173K)

underrated

Fallout never says racism is bad.
It shows what happens when you let a bunch of dumb savages take over, they butcher people and eat them.
Super Mutants are analogues for the American Black.

Statements are direct, to the point, doesn’t pick sides, and are made for the purpose of discussion.
Propaganda are things you would find on Occupy Democrat’s facebook and what ever the Right Wing equivalent is.

t. boomer

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 155K)

He wasn't evil, he was clinging onto the remains of a dying empire and was doing literally anything he could to extend it just a few extra years.
It's not like he raided the vaults because he hated the people inside, but because he knew that if he didn't; none of his soldiers would have the resources to survive.

The wanderer is the one who nuked the platform and everyone/thing on it.

Cheeto is polling better than Obama during his respective period in office in all irony, and you can thank the aforementioned Congresswomen for helping him by acting 10 times more retarded than he does in what seems to be a competition of who can act the most retarded.

Dismissing the differences between races as just the color of skin, Is in fact racism.

>Take hold, and take what you require! With this the war of all against all is declared. I alone decide what I will have.
Says a man who paid for his newspaper every day like a good boy.

If you're under 25 you're not human yet.

>that time when reddit got mad over this comic and made their own version

Attached: vegeta.jpg (555x522, 20K)

Also to how they are completely unaware about what politics constitutes and how it applies to them in their daily lives.
Modern takes on politics is a crap shoot by confused pseuds.

MOVING THE GOALPOSTS
>this game has a theme that is political or is applicable to modern politics, look it’s pro-environment anti-industrial and anti-corporate and corporations are currently polluting our environment because the president and Congress removed environmental regulations, it’s relevant today
>that doesn’t count, it’s only political if they explicitly reference modern politics!
>okay, but this game basically namedrops a political figure that was literally in power and who is still alive today, and portrays him as stupid and evil
>t-that doesn’t count either! Unless the game dev literally says “FUCK REPUBLICANS THE POINT OF THIS GAME IS TO SHIT ON REPUBLICANS” it isn’t political!
>meanwhile putting gays and brown people in games is too political
I genuinely cannot tell if half of you are underage, retarded, or just being disingenuous. None of the this shit is that fucking complicated to grasp.

Probably not.

I’m completely racist, but how the fuck is that racist?

Attached: 1489894988684.png (608x543, 153K)

> Obongo
> Killing at least 2 brown families every day with drones.
> Chucking spics into concentration camps when they try to cross the border.
> Goading niggers to rise up and riot, presenting them for the savages they are.

Obongo was based as fuck, no wonder he polled so well.

And i'm not even american either, There's still 1 million court orders to remove them. Antifa is now an actual Terror org over attacking that center, Retards. Unlike us we are not tied to a group or name, We have no hierarchy or leaders. They just painted a huge target on their back, Been fucking up since day one. Fighting ghosts

>money is a spook
>ownership is a spook
>laws are a spook
>but i pay for my newspaper

Didn't even pretend to believe his shit.

you're a spook

I agree. He even acted even more meek than Trump whenever he met with Putin. Obongo needs to come back.

Lot of you niggers should inquire what "propaganda" means.
And yes, Fallout is propaganda.

Most people on Yea Forums you're talking to are like 15-16.

Something like 50-60% of people that responded to various polls were 15-18

>overthinking
If you have sources for your claims it's not "overthinking"

You critique society yet participate in it. Curious. I am very intelligent.

Attached: 1537590076961.png (500x500, 27K)

Just telling it like it is.
Le fanny portrait anarchist man didn't believe his gospel, and didn't try to live it, and never attempted to spread it. He was literally shitposting, and however many decades later people STILL fall for it.

False equivalency, lmao. Antifa’s worst crimes are punching a few people and causing property damage

Meanwhile you have retards influenced by /pol/ and right wing ideology shooting up mosques and actually murdering people. There are literal terrorists who wrote manifestos whined about leftists and libruhls (see the Unabomber, Anders Breivik). But it’s Antifa that are clearly the biggest threat

Removing illegal immigrants isn't the same as deporting a fucking elected official.

>Unless the game dev literally says “FUCK REPUBLICANS THE POINT OF THIS GAME IS TO SHIT ON REPUBLICANS” it isn’t political!
yes literally this fuck off
>meanwhile putting gays and brown people in games is too political
yes because the devs explicitly say its political

you absolute retard how you could sit there and claim others must be underage when you have the critical thinking skills of a toddler is beyond me but it's sure as hell infuriating

>bowser from super mario is an allegory of fascism
this is how you sound. unironically have sexual intercourse, incel

>It's a 'brainlet boils down complex themes to 'thing I like good, thing you like bad' and then has the gall blame others of having cognitive dissonance'
Why do you faggots do this? The #1 issue with these threads is that retards like you will gladly take the "NUCLEAR WAR BAD" message from something like Fallout, but completely discard the message about how America's paranoia lead to their preparation of the vaults that have repeatedly saved humanity in the game. Or "DON'T BE A RICH ASS HOLE", but ignore that rich assholes built all the post-apocalyptic technology and built all the important cities that your characters need to use to survive.

The reason people are fed up with you is because of your political cherrypicking. You'll compare mutants to refugees, but won't acknowledge the requirement of their forceful assimilation of perfectly healthy humans.

Because that gives YOU cognitive dissonance, and oh fuck we can't have that. All games are actually spouting MY brand of lefty propaganda, and I just have to twist it around to find out how!

Attached: 1512708938221.png (325x166, 90K)

Why do americans resent intelligence?

>*something I never said*
>"THIS IS HOW YOU SOUND"
You are silly.

You're accusing someone of having the critical thinking of a toddler. Yet what you're doing is literally the opposite of critical thinking.

Relying on and taking someone's word is distinctly not critical thinking.

Refusing to acknowledge race is just another form of whitewashing.

>Relying on and taking someone's word is distinctly not critical thinking.
i dont think you know what critical thinking means also death of the author is bullshit

>but completely discard the message about how America's paranoia lead to their preparation of the vaults

What the fuck are you talking about that is nearly the exact opposite message fallout sends. America's paranoia is the cause of the war. And rich assholes by and large didn't build all the good places, they build the shitholes you fix, by getting rid of them.

>i subconciously see allegory/commentaries i wanted to see.

agian, have sex

You're fucking dumb. The problem with this line of thinking is that you're just cherrypicking for your stupid uneducated political viewpoints.
The problem is that you're describing political THEMES. You can find political themes in everything, and they don't necessarily have to have real world counterparts.

Your insistence that everything is based in the real world and not the fantasy worlds they are found in is entirely you projecting and entirely you missing the point of 99% of all fictional stories ever made.

Please, fuck off you brainlet. English Literature Studies is already filled with more than enough of you pseuds.

Attached: 8d6.jpg (645x729, 48K)

>Antifa’s worst crimes are
At first it was
>protesting peacefully
then it was
>engaging in physical assault
then it was
>waving guns at police in a campus
then after the faggot was shot dead like the trash he is it was
>planting bombs, but they didn't go off!
now it is
>actually firebombing a government building
So it's only a matter of time till murder starts by this escalation formula.

Also in Eastern Europe and any ex-Commie country, anyone who calls themselves antifascist is met with natural skepticism since it's often a smokescreen and perceived as such, and you Commiefaggots are stuffed into the ground to hug the corpses of Nazis together in the same hole.
All in all, nobody gives a shit about your excuses anymore, the last place on this planet which tolerated you, the West, is now also on guard against you. You faggots are done with.

Were they tied to any organization like you clowns? No, Lone wolf attacks. Your group on the other hand is sinking the ship with everyone on board, Can't even do a terror attack right, Autists are better than you lot.

I saw this from the front page and I have to wonder what metric you're possibly using.

Obama, going into his reelection year, had an average of about 48% approval rating, based on numbers taken from poll aggregate RealClearPolitics, which has an admitted and statistical slight conservative bias. Trump, in the very same position, is hitting his highest approval ratings right now at 44%, reported from the same source.

And that same conservative-biased source is showing that Trump is trailing in the polls behind Biden, Warren, Sanders, and Harris, but there's only one poll out there by NBC News and the Wall St. Journal, so take it with a grain of salt.

But I have to ask, what metrics are you using?

I do know what critical thinking is, I also actually understand death of the author. While I doubt you even know who Barthes is: until you inevitably google him that is.

>What the fuck are you talking about that is nearly the exact opposite message fallout sends. America's paranoia is the cause of the war.
What fucking Fallout revisionism are you reading? The cause of the war was China demanding other countries well above their belt weight to hand over their shit and invading Alaska.

>something i never said, again
Again, you are silly.

As they should. Extremists of any kind should be suppressed.

>America's paranoia is the cause of the war.
>He still thinks America launched first
Let's assume they did (they didn't, but let's pretend), their paranoia also built the things that you use to survive in the wasteland, not to mention all of the vault and the vault tech.

The message is the double edged sword of being paranoid about something to the point where you create your own problems.

>Fallout has nothing to say whatsoever
You're not seriously this retarded, are you Yea Forums?

Attached: 1560554964326.jpg (298x363, 49K)

but you really got mad at the pic which implies that you unironically believe that video games have some sort of deep allegory/commentary.

One more time, have sex, incel.

Right right.
rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/trump_administration/trump_approval_index_history

>umad
No.
>you believe that X
No.
>u incel
No.

Stop strawmanning. If you want to say something, say it. I'll respond. Just stop trying to tell me who I am, how I think, or how I feel. I know better than you.

>hurr theres no deep meaning

You are the half-educated kind of faggot schoolkids who think the only literary device in the history of ever is symbolism.

Literary criticism isn't about finding non-obvious meaning, it's about dissecting the obvious meaning and why it's obvious.

No jew, You can't just flood my country with extremist muslims, Without even bringing it to a vote. They to have the audacity to call us the terrorists.

He's saying what he believes you are. A retard

*Then have the audacity to call us the terrorists.
Niggers.

But they wouldn't be allowed because they're extremist. You're both retards in my eyes.

meanwhile far-right incels radicalized by trump winning, Yea Forums and 4+Yea Forums have been shooting up and burning mosques, synagogues and black churches, i think the far-right has a higher body count than antifa still

>But they wouldn't be allowed because they're extremist.
Absolute mongoloid.

Stop sniffing your own farts and taking video games seriously, incel.

Antifa isn't an organisation. Just like, throwing it out there.

No the message is that everyone being scared of their own shadows caused the doom of everything. There is no point that vault-tec is ever considered good. They literally run experiments that killed everyone in multiple vaults.

They're not going to engage with the ideas on display, you know it as well as I do.

>with extremist muslims
>extremist muslims
That doesn't make sense, Islam is extremist by definition. It was literally invented and written by a man who waged over 50 war campaigns of aggression and expansionary conquest, enslaved people of all races, put a market value on black people as beneath all other races which the Hadith itself write.

"Far right" is a political ideology.
Antifa is an organization.
Don't pretend to be retarded now.

>unironically engaging in bargaining to excuse your own crimes
There's no excuse commieincel. You will be put into the ground alongside the naziincels. End of.

>Antifa is an organization.

Who is the head of antifa?

He is saying he thinks that I think that X. And thats wrong.

>stop taking video games seriously
No. I like video games and I like examining how they are made, and why they were made in this particular way.
Plenty of interviews with writers and developers show that often they did in fact take their work seriously and gave it the big think before committing something to the final version. Its not all bing bing yahoooo +1 up!

Retards don't know that, You have to ease them into it. Just look at what their religion preaches.

Define the term alt-right. Because right now the Democratic party is fucking tearing itself apart and calling many of its own party members "alt-right" because they dare to criticise Antifa and Ocasio Cortez.

The guy that attacked an ICE detention center the other day is a modern day John Brown.

>Its not all bing bing yahoooo +1 up!

Even sonic the fucking hedgehog was a specifically designed to be environmentalist. If a bing bing ring game is political then everything can be.

CHESS IS AN ALLEGORY OF RACISM AND HOW WHITEYS AND BLACK FOLK ARE IN CONSTANT STRUGGLE!!!

HOW CANT FUCKING GAMERS SEE THAT OBVIOUS COMMENTARY ABOUT THE ISSUES THAT ARISE FROM MODERN ETHNIC RELATIONSHIPS!!!

In my shit on any extremist society they would be. Honestly you're both the same to me.

look, whichever way you turn it ignoring the word of the author is the death of truth, we have take the authors word otherwise we cant judge the work and works can never be successes or failures considering you cant take into account intent at that point

Depends upon the chapter.

>we have take the authors word otherwise we cant judge the work

Why?

>In 2010, Nate Silver of the website FiveThirtyEight wrote the article "Is Rasmussen Reports biased?", in which he mostly defended Rasmussen from allegations of bias.[77] However, later in the year, Rasmussen's polling results diverged notably from other mainstream pollsters, which Silver labeled a "house effect."[78] He went on to explore other factors which may have explained the effect such as the use of a likely voter model,[79] and claimed that Rasmussen conducted its polls in a way that excluded the majority of the population from answering.[80]

>After the 2010 midterm elections, Silver concluded that Rasmussen's polls were the least accurate of the major pollsters in 2010, having an average error of 5.8 points and a pro-Republican bias of 3.9 points according to Silver's model.[69] FiveThirtyEight currently rates Rasmussen Reports with a C+ grade and notes a simple average error of 5.3 percent across 657 polls analyzed.[81]

>Jonathan Chait of the New Republic said that Rasmussen is perceived in the "conservative world" as "the gold standard"[82] and suggested the polling company asks the questions specifically to show public support for the conservative position.

>Rasmussen has received criticism over the wording in its polls.[89][90] Asking a polling question with different wording can affect the results of the poll;[91] the commentators in question allege that the questions Rasmussen ask in polls are skewed in order to favor a specific response.

>Talking Points Memo has questioned the methodology of Rasmussen's Presidential Approval Index, which takes into account only those who "strongly" approve or disapprove of the President's job performance. A New York Times article claims Ramussen Reports research has a "record of relying on dubious sampling and weighting techniques."[92]

I don't know, man. Seems like your source is pretty sketchy.

Dems are alt-right.
They're right wing, and they're the alternative to the republicans.

Therefore, they're the alternative right.

In Ireland it was a convicted pedo by the name of Pat Corcoran. They are in a group with a name, It doesn't matter about what you think.

Attached: 549785479843897.jpg (1170x1113, 289K)

>call everyone including center left liberals far right extremists
>"RADICALIZED"
wow good job actually producing an argument

One problem.
Civil War was waged by two entities filled with actual war-capable manly men.
In present times the Conservatives are built for war and equipped to wage it in totality, while the Democraps are filled with soi, low-T, mentally ill and sensitive trannyfaggots and faggots, and buttugly women who can't get no dick and spend 24/7 on Twitter, all in all an atrophied population.
It would be one-sided slaughter.

I did but sure what you mean. Do you how the vault reeeeally wants you to rebuild?

Rasmussen also predicted the current president where as 538, New Republic and New York Times all got it very wrong.

because without intent there is nothing and the work is nothing but a vessel for human thought and emotion, without intent it becomes anything and everything

Because it's bad for you, user. Yes, you specifically, the person who wrote this.

>worship of the written word
>she has, written on a slide in middle school presentation style

Do you have any more SJW pedo pics?
I'm compiling these for giggles. They've been on a roll lately.

>Going Out on a Limb: Romney Beats Obama, Handily
>Romney 43%, Obama 40%

They did pretty well in the 2008 polls though.

My other point, that I didn't have room to fit in was that my source was a polls aggregate and I warned against taking information from one specific poll.
They also got it very wrong for the 2012 election. It just seems like they skew Conservative.

There is no race, though. You can trace all "races" back to the same ancestor. There is as much biological disparity between two members of the same "race" as between two members of different "races".
Race is a meme perpetrated by bosses in order to get useful idiots like you to earn them money.

I wonder which group has more money. I'd bet liberals desu because of cali. Money matters, not who has more pistols.

>Money matters
Uhuh. In that case Texas wins.

Attached: SJW ~Civilized~ Society of California.png (698x899, 690K)

Jesus christ, Real life experience says otherwise. Stop drinking marxist kool aid, The term racist is still a new word, Coined by a marxist jew.

P sure cali's economy crushes texas.

Science trumps "real life experience" and always will.

Name me one. Who is expressly the leader and not one of many "organisers/activists"

I know you can't do this because antifa isn't even a horizontal organisation, it's a loose coalition of groups and individuals, some of which have degrees of organisation within them, some of which don't.

actual fabrication. The results on google are all the most spurious shit other than the independent article which only mentions him as a former civil servant.

You just wrote a whole lot of nonsense and should actually try reading Le Morte d'Arthur. You'll probably find it not nearly as egregious as you think, if you actually read it properly.

Here's a hint, it's it's own litmus test.

And in Alabama a pregnant woman gets shot by the police, loses her baby and is charged with manslaughter. Far-right republican dominated states are 1000x worse to live in than California.

not that guy but

>There is no race, though. You can trace all "races" back to the same ancestor.
"we're all human there for there can be no races" kek ok i guess differences in bone structure and iq are a total meme then
>There is as much biological disparity between two members of the same "race" as between two members of different "races".
"if you go and compare random people of random races you'll see the differences become potentially minimized"
wow yeah cool that says nothing about the races as groups though now does it
>Race is a meme
i guess all of taxonomy is a meme too then cool

oh really? Because science say the negroes are dumber on average? Do you disagree?

The problem is that the vast majority of politics you see people extract from the games they play is cherrypicked nonsense.

People will gladly take the "RACISM BAD" or "BEING GAY GOOD" messages from the things they watch, but completely fucking ignore why those themes are in the game or what caused the factions in the game to believe the things they do.

Fallout is a perfect example. Hey how did the world become the way it did? Oh right, superpowers competing for resources. Is there a bad guy or a good guy in that scenario? It doesn't matter, and the game says it doesn't matter, because the world is fucked either way.

No let's just discard that and assume that America is the villain and that patriotism is bad. Grrr. Patriotism bad. Let's ignore the entire war and how America may be the last place with survivors specifically because they prepared for it.

Why? Because I can't make a single page MS Paint comic about the nuance of this game's story where I boil everything out and simply say "THING I LIKE GOOD, THING YOU LIKE BAD. I AM VERY SMART PERSON"

This is why more and more people are telling you fucks to keep politics out of their games: You're not responsible enough with it to make political intrigue, you just want to push the messages you like and pretend everything you don't like is irrelevant.

They have every right to tell you that these things aren't political to them, because they don't want to have to argue with you dumb fucks. Which makes sense, who the fuck wants to talk to you about politics when you just cherrypick all of your political opinions?

Attached: (you).png (500x375, 265K)

Cali's economy only crushes itself with misuse.
Money doesn't mean shit if you don't know how to use it.

The question you should be asking is who is less affected by a loss of money on a psychological level, who can make the most out of least. On all counts Conservatives win with their military economy philosophy.

Attached: Democrap Utopia.png (1230x997, 1.79M)

>actual fabrication.
Nope, We know m8, We dealt with him before.

Antifa are anti-white race traitors and deserve to be shot.
Mudslimes deserve to be shot.
Unabomber, Breivik, and Tarrant are all heroes.
Heil Hitler.

Attached: saint tarrant wallpaper.png (1920x1080, 1.8M)

I don't really care either way. I just hate science deniers. Not even the dude you were talking to.

>You can trace all "races" back to the same ancestor
imo it's safe to say there are races if the last common ancestor lived 55 thousand years ago.

Claiming something to be true and posting an image macro doesn't make something true.

Right, That's not the only fact that seperates us. Your delusional.

>Grrr. Patriotism bad.

Why is it that the difference between Patriotism and Jingoism apparently is lost on people on Yea Forums? and then you have the gumption to talk about nuance being ignored.

I don't care about your politics. I'm not even american, I just think money wins and in today's day and age drones etc win wars not pistols or "good old fashioned grit". I grew up rural, so don't lecture me. I'm almost certainly harder than you.

Nobody gives a shit about dead mudslimes and niggers.

>You just wrote a whole lot of nonsense
alright if you genuinely have trouble understanding that the authors intent is vital to the meaning of the work then i guess you truly dont understand the fundamental concept of media

Barthes is nothing but just another sophist postmodernist con artist with nothing to offer to the world but pretentious nihilism, at any rate just call me a retarded faggot so we can both move on i guess, have a nice day, i genuinely mean that despite our vehement disagreement

>Far-right republican dominated states are 1000x worse to live in than California.
So you are saying that far-right republicans are readier for war than you are in both military and psychological aspects. Okay, thanks for agreeing. Bad conditions make a hard people.

He has a criminal record with the garda, He was convicted and served time you absolute retard. You cunts really love to reach, Don't ya?

You're*. You're likely teenage and almost certainly uneducated. Again I don't care about your politics.

Because it's not about Patriotism bad, nor is it about Jingoism bad. Both of those things are necessary components in the story in the world that they lived in which lead to the results you see in the game.
But you don't give a shit, you just want to make shitty MS paint comics about the thing you like being good and everything else being bad. You're proving my point and you don't even realize it.

its nice all of you shitty right-wing white males are killing yourselves off quick since you cant get jobs or get laid and most of you are too cowardly to flame out

Don't fucking reply to me then, "oh it's not me but i dissaprove with-" Yeah eat shit.

>I don't care about your politics.
Neither do I.
>I'm not even american
Neither am I.
>I just think money wins
Military Economics wins, and it doesn't give a shit how much money you have.
The one who utilizes money properly wins.
>drones
Conservatives own them and control them.
>I grew up rural
I grew up Slav, I will lecture you. The only thing hard about you will be your butthole when i'm done with it.

Nice cope, niggerlover.

So what is wrong with someone telling you that they don't want to think of their game as political?
If you want to huff your own farts about how wonderful and deep your sixty dollar corporate product is that tells you that corporations are terrible, be my guest.

Why the fuck do you have to drag me into your shitty pseudo-intellectual circlejerk? To me, it's just a video game. The hidden messages you see in it are entirely you projecting your real-world expectations onto it.

Attached: Lyle.png (640x480, 308K)

The man called Patrick Corcoran sure did. In 2013. But random twitter users deciding he's associated in a leadership position with "the left" does not make it true.

It literally has multiple points where it all but says "Jingoism bad"

So you haven't read it then? because if you had I can't imagine that you would fail to miss the point this much.

AFA made a public statement about it, You have no ground to stand on, Just take the L and sit down.

You're probably not even voting age. Your opinion literally does not matter.

No one is stopping you from not interpreting it like that. There is no one knocking at your door holding your video game hostage and saying "TELL ME OF ALL THE POLITICAL THEMES SO FAR!"

You're wading in on online conversations where people are doing this and telling them "IT'S NOT THERE STOP DOING THIS!"

>It literally has multiple points where it all but says "Jingoism bad"
See, you're doing it again. Jingoism is literally created by the conditions of the wasteland. It's bad if you're interacting with other people, but that's how those societies survive the apocalypse with raiders around every corner.

>Antifa isn't an organisation. Just like, throwing it out there.
That's just like, your opinion man.
The excuse doesn't cut it anymore.
ANTIFA accounts are now being banned all over the Internet and your organization meme loophole is treated as a fart. It's over with.

Attached: 1559575494628.jpg (960x538, 47K)

Why is a third worlder trying to have opinions? I still bet I'm tougher than you. Have fun drinking yourself to death.

Show the statement then. Because AFA Ireland outright say it's a fabrication.

The jingoism is literally destroying them, in the fallout games where there is a direct theme of it within current events rather than just backdrop.

Try and stop me having opinions little powerbottom twinkboi. I can beat your ass up with my dick while blinded, drunk, and drugged.

As a moderate I hope both you and them get the boot.

>Moderate
Just call yourself what you are - Mediocre.

I don't have to you malnourished manlet. You quite literally do not matter.

Then how come every single time someone tells you that they don't see the politics in their games or they don't think it should be interpreted politically you get tons of fat faggots like this fat faggot right here telling everyone who refuse to interpret it that way as either being plebs, uneducated, or unable to speak on the manner?

This guy, right here, who owns a rubber horse dildo and once shoved a rubber fist up his ass has a show where he tells developers who outright SAY their games aren't political and political meaning must be drawn from the observer, he's the one telling game devs and players that everything is political and they don't know what they're talking about.

And then you come on Yea Forums and here are people making the exact same argument. What's the difference between him making that stupid fucking argument, and this thread?

Because as far as anyone is concerned, "TELL ME ALL OF THE POLITICAL THEMES SO FAR!" is exactly what is happening when someone goes to discuss video games, now. You can't have a discussion about games without the imaginary politics people are projecting onto it.
And why? They're just making everyone miserable by doing so. I don't see video games that way because I understand they're just corporate products and I have a healthy sex life instead of jamming rubber fists up my asshole. Why not just leave us in peace?

Attached: average_games_are_political_poster.jpg (620x400, 38K)

The middle will be caught in the crossfire, Watch what you say.

>atrophied nu-wester soboi
>calling Slavs manlets
Top kek, is that why they are beating you in every fighting sport?
You can't beat blacks in the ring so you call Slavs honorary whites in your stead.
Get the fuck out micropenis and come back when you've awakened that atrophied old-western blood in the gym.

fallout when it comes to its setting isnt really political. it's a dark twist on americana and most of the old world politics were wiped away in the nuclear reset. fallout 2 kinda poisons the well with enclave garbage and I hate the game for that. bethshit doesnt help either with the repurposed commie slayer bos vs fascist enclave drivel.

funny & well articulated

>The jingoism is literally destroying them
It's also how they survived for as long as they did amidst a backdrop of raiders and scavengers.
Again, it's boiling out the main concern with the game: They don't live in a world like ours. They live in a hostile wasteland.

it's more about a philosophical disagreement probably, these people genuinely can't tell political activism from creative fiction so every time someone argues they don't want politics in their vidya they can't understand why, also some actually want the political pandering we see today

Moderates are better than you. Extreme thought indicates low IQ.
No we won't, neither of you will do shit. We're the majority, you're a bunch of loud retards who will off each other until we put both of you to bed.

No it fucking isn't. Jingoism has nothing to do with self defence.

>barge in and say "THIS ISN'T THIS"
>People say "but you can see this here"
>NOPE NOT THERE

You are being a pleb by doing that, if you choose to do that that's fine. No one fucking cares, but if you try to demand everyone else is then yeah people get mad.

>Extreme thought indicates low IQ.
Too bad you need obsessive extreme thought to get anywhere in science and engineering you low IQ brainlet.

We crush you in hockey aka the only sport that matters. Eat a dick.

It's in the pic i posted, But you will refuse that right? Anything to save what little reputation you have left. If you are Irish antifa, Watch your back user.