Can you actually, logically tell me what "soul" pertains to...

Can you actually, logically tell me what "soul" pertains to. Is it just something you're nostalgic about from your youth, do you mean effort put into visuals?

Attached: 1559899591680.png (1024x768, 404K)

Fine art vs production art. Google is your friend. Enjoy.

Something with clear effort and thoughts and feelings put into it, which is why AAA games are soulless as the original idea was lost at some point during development and all the effort was farmed out to soulless chinks or Indians

Attached: soul soulless sims 2.jpg (2598x1212, 308K)

Lurk moar faggot.

OLD GOOD
NEW BAD

effort and love, those little details that were put in not because they had to but that they wanted to to make the game better

I've lurked and had people cream over shit like Sunshine and yet shit all over Galaxy 2. Or those who get pissed over tiles (that are reused) in SMB3 yet are changed, and again, are reused for All-Stars. Making me think most of the soul v. soulless shit is just coming from literal/try hard boomers that are basically

Attached: 1561897639085.jpg (640x480, 45K)

When the passion and artistic vision of the creators is apparent.its way even though I think the game is overrated I say The Last of Us has soul. It was clearly a Labour of love and it came across.

An expression of a creator's vision vs something that's approved by focus groups and boards of executives for LCD appeal and churned out for profit

Soul is anything made with passion and dedication

Where the FUCK my Sonic the Screensaver ™ bros at??

games are made for money
granted they always have been
but now it far supercedes the original purpose of making games now
it was to have fun
we lost that fun along the way
that was the soul

Attached: hint box.gif (500x377, 284K)

Soul, aesthetics wise, is bright vibrant colors and high contrast, and with 3D games it's matched with high quality textures yet lower poly models.
Soul, development wise, is a team of devs showing clear passion and investment in the project they were working in.

Attached: Malenz.png (1920x1080, 3.3M)

I'll be frank: You should not take "Soul vs Souless" seriously. It is a nonsense phrase used to troll and be contrarian.
It is literally "Old good, New Bad", it has nothing to do with passion or dedication. Anyone who told you this are either deluded, or lying.

Soul

Attached: A3DD314D-EBFE-483F-B12A-7A06A8F0494E.png (640x400, 403K)

Soul is basically what Kant and Hegel would call the "Sublime". It's not really something you can describe or put into words; indeed, it's not something one SHOULD put into words.
It's more of a feeling, similar to colors or sounds. You can't explain soul to the soulless. You can only feel it.

So autism?

That user is telling you to lurk because you clearly think this exaggerated meme is to be taken seriously. "Soul" has mostly devolved into trolls using it to put games they don't like down while promoting others.

Just dropped in to call you fag

Fag

Stop jerking your brain off, you just sound like an asshole

I never got it, but shit you nailed it.

Do arcade games have soul?

Search "Survival Hypothesis".

Misuse by idiots:
Proper use:

How do you define what's "fine?"

Use Google. Stop begging for spoon feeding.

Or fuck, get off your ass and go do college and ask there.