Does this suffer from drifting...

Does this suffer from drifting? My joycon started drifting after nearly 2 years and it's made every game basically unplayable.

Attached: pro controller.jpg (600x600, 29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Z7um_1jr2vg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yep. I replaced mine after about 7 months of playing splatoon daily.

My right joycon drifts and I've only had a switch for about 15 months. It started doing it before 12 months. I don't have a pro controller, but am considering one. I hear the dpad is garbage and occasionally misreads inputs. You would think such a flaw would be fixed ages ago.

both joysticks do and dpad goes all over the place. nintendo's controllers are completely trash this gen

Maybe, just maybe, you should try taking better care of your shit instead of being a disgusting fucking child and perpetuating this drifting meme.

Jut replace the analog stick of the joycon, it cost like 10 bucks. I honestly don't recommend the Pro Controller, there's really nothing special about it except the battery life.

This. I've used the pro controller since launch and I haven't had any problems with it.

I have 3 sets of joycons, only one of them ever started drifting and that was fixed by cleaning it. Take better care of your shit.

I've had one for the last year and a half. They are very well built. With copious use and dropping it a few times it's still as good as it was the day I bought it. No drift or anything. Gyro feels absolutely amazing after you get used to it after a few days. Seriously the Gyro is really good for PC FPS/TPS as well. I cannot overstate this. For me since I'm disabled it's just a flatout better then M/KB for most games

Stick drift happens, it just does. If you have a joystick on a controller it can happen, you don't need to be throwing controllers.

My Vita got it, one of my PS4 controllers got it and not others, the only one that has never gotten it is my wired microsoft controller

haven't had a problem with drifting on my pro controller but dpad is ass of course. joy cons are already drifting though

the level of reality denial coming from Switchfags lately is a sight to behold.

My left joycon started drifting but it was fixed with some cleaning. Never had any trouble with the pro controller though.

>I personally never came across this issue, so clearly that means that it isn't an issue despite how highly documented it is

Attached: mg21929340.100-1_800.jpg (800x600, 17K)

nigger I've been playing Nintendo consoles for 3 decades and this generation is the first time I've ever had any trouble with a controller. I have 2 sets of joycons and 2 pro controllers and ever one of them has problems with them. The controllers are garbage quality get over it

OP here, just tested the calibration again, and the left joycon works perfectly when in handheld mode. Is that normal for drifters?

>since launch
That doesn't mean anything. For all we know you could have only 10 hours of usage while the people with the problem could have over 1000.

For me? No. It's been fine for me personally [thankfully].
But both of my sets of Joycons drift, and unofficial Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Pro Controller has been sticking and drifting recently. So there's that.
Sadly it's your only choice of controller if you don't want drift. Or you could get a good controller converter so you can use any controller instead.

I'm starting to wonder if it's an issue with the switch itself. My Wii U pro controller had some drifting going on today when I was playing Smash and those things are solid quality.

Apparently contact cleaner spray can fix drifting issue. I'm going to try it.

Wait you had a converter for the Switch to use the WiiU pro controller, and it started drifting? Or am I not reading that right.
Should this be looked at as a system failure?

The compressed air trick actually works for the joycons if you want to try that.

>nigger I've been playing Nintendo consoles for 3 decades and this generation is the first time I've ever had any trouble with a controller.
You clearly didnt buy the n64. The analog sticks are hands down the worst in gaming history. And it's no excuse because at the same time the Sega Saturn had a reasonable analog stick controller when the n64 was released that didnt have NEARLY as much issues as the n64 analog stick.

Attached: Png.png (420x420, 144K)

Do you virgins not have a bottle of this in your shed?

Attached: ecc.jpg (1000x1000, 92K)

Yes, i have a USB dongle that lest me use a Wii U Pro controller on my switch. And it was drifting slightly.

Could it be an issue with the USB dongle?

youtube.com/watch?v=Z7um_1jr2vg

*does nothing*

I've managed to go through 3 pro controllers, each involving the left control stick drifting or physically breaking the the connection to the board. Only really played Mario Kart and some Smash also, so it feels like a build quality issue.

It fixes drift. Not my fault if you're not willing to try it and instead pull your controller apart and break it

if you're lucky it might

its a temporary improvement in most cases, but not a permanent solution. i've been spraying this shit and compressed air daily because the drift just keeps coming back

Really? I had drift after a year, I used the contact cleaner twice in an afternoon and now my drift has been gone for months. Are you letting it dry properly? Also don't bother with compressed air it wont help

Yes the d pad is shit, worst one ive ever used next to knock off controllers

I have never had a joystick drift in any controller aside from an N64 controller that had to suffer through the original Mario Party. I've gone through two left joycons and a right joycon already.