Game has optional superboss that is completely unfair

>game has optional superboss that is completely unfair
>it is clear that you won't get anything from beating it
>yet you painfully spent weeks trying to beat it
>when asked why you wasted so much time on this fruitless endeavor
>you turned around and said something profound

Tell us that wise profound thing you said Yea Forums.

Attached: 2488767.jpg (1214x933, 769K)

Because I'm good at video games and beat it in less than "weeks."

ur mom gay

"I had to show that nigga who was in charge"

It enemy
I kill

”Thanks, Dark Souls."

Patented skinner burgers!

I would say
"But Ancient Dragon is not hard."

>First try.

bitch was taunting me by having a hitbox

this boss isnt that hard
he just has so much health but very slow

Got nothing better to do.

Because I can.

Attached: LV45.webm (664x444, 1.41M)

>spent weeks trying to beat it

Attached: 1502724757520.png (800x584, 532K)

“I am the shadow, the keeper of light. If you want the sun’s power, show me your own.”

Attached: DullahanBattle.png (240x160, 21K)

If she breathes, she's a thot

Pretty sure you can't get the Ancient Dragon soul from the memory near Duke's Dear Freja without killing the Ancient Dragon first.

i dont know what sotf changed but the gauntlet of dragon faggots up to him made me hate him and his insane hitbox

Does it really take people weeks to beat Souls bosses?

I mean, I got stuck on Nameless King for a couple days but that's about it

Attached: russian-president-vladimir-putin-2012-billboard-650.jpg (636x421, 55K)

>"Because I've never been good at anything, Cindy. Because just for once , I wanted to push myself into doing something that was out of my limits. I wanted to give myself a reason to believe in myself. Because... I keep thinking the reason you said "No" that night is that I'm a complete loser. I lose all the time but if there's something I'm glad I lost is my mind over you. And now, it's finally over, I beat him. Cindy... Would you go on a date with me?"

Attached: images.jpg (407x300, 17K)

I dunno bro, he was pretty easy and all of his attacks were really slow and clearly telegraphed.
Even if the hitboxes are wonky, it's pretty easy to get a rough idea of where they are after a few hits.

What else was I going to do, it's not like I have any friends.

epic gamer moment

'Killing him on top of having all giant souls is how you get Vendricks health down to base 1x".

>In philosophy
>Professor asks me about the concept of evil
>Put on the spot, start panicking but remember a certain quote from Witcher 3
>"Evil is Evil. Lesser, greater, middling… Makes no difference. The degreee is arbitary. The definition’s blurred. If I’m to choose between one evil and another… I’d rather not choose at all"
>Professor looks stunned, class gives me a round of applause

People don't have the presence of spirit to change or adjust their strategy when it doesn't work.

I thought he was only there so you could jerk off to his feet

Attached: 2014-06-03_00006.jpg (1920x1080, 274K)

thats why its clear you won't get anything from beating it retard

>steal candy from a baby
>shoot the baby in the head
>both are bad so I don't care, pick for me

What are you talking about? You get the Ancient Dragon soul. Just from a different place afterward.

Wait a minute, you didn't have to fight him?

Attached: 1548363909022m.jpg (1003x1024, 64K)

this. people who are shit at adapting will stonewall at a game when their cheese or being carried by OP shit stops working.
i remember the lighting spear shit. i did it. but dlc fixed that shit by making most the enemies resistant to magic and cutting the cost

Attached: sipsip.gif (250x262, 981K)

Because if I didn't beat it my own ego would keep me up at night until I did.

>spent weeks

Nigger ancient dragon is a joke though, all you do is attack his leg 3 or 4 times the sprint away. How the fuck could you have trouble with that?

"git gud"

You underestimate how retarded a lot of people are.

>have crap pentium 3 no gpu pc that can barely run epsxe
>get to omega weapon
>set graphics plugin to high
>frame skip 0
>get 10 fps
>game runs at 1/6 speed
>beat omega weapon using nothing but inputting same 2 combos on zell's limit break

Attached: char_zell.jpg (166x186, 14K)

wow such a common dilemma.
Do criminals frequently pose these choices to random people?

>I bet I can get one more swing in this time

*Sigh*

Feels Good Man.

Attached: 1523595284631.jpg (600x909, 80K)

Co-worker said this about midir when I was telling him about how I was enjoying the game. I was shocked.

Partially because the amount of unfair bullshit a boss would have to be utilizing in order for it to take more than a few (solid) hours to beat them would be unbelievably frustrating.

Attached: 1511637087563.jpg (228x212, 11K)

midir was a cocksucker. felt like a raid boss but when you finally beat it, it felt good, and you get a sick katana for the weebs out there.
funny thing is i found the enemies to be harder than the bosses

I had little trouble with midir, less than any of the other "hard" bosses because midir is such a big scary dragon motherfucker that I respected all of his moves and never got greedy out of fear that he would ream my ass. It took a while, but I beat him in only a few tries.

Nameless King - on the other hand - nutted on my face 20+ times. But again, not for more than a couple hours. You'd need a learning disability to unironically take weeks to beat souls bosses.

>Thank fuck

Literally beat it on my first try, but i did use the cheese method but what else would you do really

midir has shit to dodge and i just waited for a certain attack to make hits so yeah, you have to really focus and not get hit. big scary shitter

nameless kings first phase just sucked because theres a big fucking bird blocking your view and you will eat a stab without seeing it coming. least they were nice enough to have a bonfire down the way. midirs run back fucking sucked

was this supposed to be a super hard boss or something? I remember having no trouble at all, died a couple times but that's it

just has a bullshit hitbox and these large enemies feel like a raid boss in an mmo because one hit you fucked

>repeat the same pattern 30 times and if you fuck up once you die instantly to a magical dragon fart

Attached: 1241241254215.gif (370x335, 1.98M)

Can't remember if i beat it or not. Was it necessary for the platinum?

Attached: 1561391590873.jpg (301x299, 20K)

easiest thing i've ever done in my life

just follow the tail and he's easy

Oh god his Sekiro run

>Game has hundreds of people claiming one boss is impossible
>It's the one boss you didn't even have trouble with

Attached: 1373076478462.jpg (525x684, 67K)

Traps are gay.

There's some dumb stuff like swipe attacks can catch your character's collision so you're stuck in a hitbox until your roll iframes run out and you get hit.

I'm so dumb. I've completed the entire area and didn't find the boss.

It's was april. Nothing comes out for another 3 months.

>spent weeks trying to beat it
Is this bait?

redditgamedunkey

The main game bosses are hilariously easy if you are a hexer. DLC bosses have a shit ton of magic resistance so they can't be cheesed but you can destroy every main game boss by spamming dark orbs from a safe distance.

My dick is the only hard thing here

Right? It takes me five minutes to beat it, max

Attached: 1561917977488.jpg (467x354, 183K)

desu biggie and smalls took a week the first time I played

It was the shockwave!

And my profs name? Einstein

Do you feel in charge?

YO, MORE LIKE SLAINCIENT DRAGON BITCH

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 40K)

Getting stuck for more than a few hours means you're bad at the game. Simple as. If it takes you "days" you're shit and should give up. The only time it is acceptable is if at the end of a session you stop trying a boss and wake up and beat it within your first few attempts the following day. Anything more and you're a irredeemable garbage journalist tier shitter. You can try to prove me wrong but you can't, and I won't read your replies or respond to them. Git gud fags.

Attached: 1384208861447.png (500x622, 233K)

I just like killing dragons. Idk what is so fascinating about it for me, just feels more enjoyable than killing other things.

What? Why would someone kill a dragon for no reason? You fucking soulless piece of shit.

I love you. Can i suck your tiddies

The only true answer.

this faggot was the gayest fucking boss ever
>two or three turns
>constantly healed, and a lot at once
>demi sucked the fuck out of your life
>fight took at least an hour
but god damn was iris the best fucking summon ever

autism.

>Hi I don't get jokes and have no fun because I'm touched in the head and can't read between the lines.

based

Attached: drink.jpg (622x424, 28K)

Because a fucking AI isn't going to beat me that's why

Post-patch Ancient Dragon was insanely broken, but didn’t take me more than a couple of days.

The last Furi boss and the Path of Pain in Hollow Knight were the hardest videogamings I've ever done tbqhwy. I'm not a fan of hard games but those were fun.

Attached: 1561863130601.jpg (300x225, 45K)

I found Nameless (Solaire) King's second phase more consistently beatable than his first. Something about the arena just fucks up my depth perception and I get hit like a retard.

"If I beat him, he was too easy"

>post-game superboss drops a useless item

Attached: 1563056191451.jpg (498x341, 41K)

Weeks is a stretch but O&S and Freide did take me 3-4 days each. And for mages and pyromancers nothing should require more than 2 tries.

you're not retarded, the absolutely atrocious camera is

I think most people just got killed by his aerial breath attack a couple times really early on in the fights and just went fuck it and declared him hard

Because the conquest and triumph of a good challenge is its own reward. Have sex and you'll see.

Surprised Freide fucked you up if you played the other souls games first. Did you play Bloodborne?

reminds me of Master's Test in mh4u with the 3 apex monsters

and Caravaneer's Challenge
>it wasn't that hard

>That was surprisingly easy.

Yep. I breezed through BB, it suited my play style well. Lawrence (final phase) gave me a lot of trouble though. With Freide, the long combo chains and finishers are what fucked me up.

Dark souls isn’t about being automatically good though, it’s about persistence and willingness to learn from mistakes. You’re post isn’t really appropriate ina thread about dark souls

Took me 12 months to beat Orphan of Kos. Granted I quite after day one and 5 attempts, then came back a year later and beat it in 3, but still.

im done

im a true gamer

>a year to beat Kos
Holy shit, just use Augur backstabs for the first phase and do the next one out in the water.

>friend said it took him 107 tries to beat Nightmare King Grimm
>beat it in like 4 since it was literally the same patterns only faster
i'm not even that good

Which Dark Souls is this from? Looks kinda badass

Yeh

Videogames whole appeal is to give you a sense of accomplishment. That's the one thing they offer that you can't get from any other medium. Or frankly, even most hobbies, you just look back one day and realise you don't suck at it anymore.

So, as empty and hollow as it was, I chased that sense of accomplishment you get from beating Tac Challenge 6 in Vanquish, or beating Ninja Gaiden Black on Master Ninja.
And by god, I got it.

Attached: unnatural selection.png (245x237, 71K)

Interesting, Maria kinda trains you for Freide but fair enough she hits really hard. I like that fight quite a lot, despite not liking the DLC in general. Big weapons mess her up with stagger though.

100%ing Superhot made me feel happy for several days

I just did the stay between his toes and switch when he picks them up cheese and killed him.

To be fair, most real hobbies give you a sense of accomplishment. When you build something well, you are reminded of the work you put into it every time you use it.

Took me a couple of days to S rank Madara as Guy in Ninja Storm 4, because it was RNG on when he would substitute during a combo. Frustrated me more than any Souls boss because it seemed like his substitution patterns were completely random, leaving it all up to luck.

Took me like 5 trys, you're just bad.

>Does it really take people weeks to beat Souls bosses?
i assume they arent spending every waking hour playing or even playing every day

My man.

in 2019 there are no excuses for not using Re-shade

Attached: DarkSoulsII 2019-07-15 00-38-06.jpg (1920x1080, 715K)

You're just as bad as OP, spending time and effort trying to impress internet strangers.

>...
>Fuck you
Dedicated to Pontiff, nameless and midir

Ds2 was unironically the best souls.

Looks too dark, which seems to be the problem for most reshades

If you didn't beat O&S on your first try you are bad at video games and should probably find a new hobby.

Dark Souls 3 is the easiest game in the series though.
The Ancient Dragon is hard partly because it's broken. The hitbox on his attacks are ridiculous. You aren't just fighting the boss, but the shitty code.

Eh, I liked the more washed-out, lighter palette. Fan shaders have a hard-on for just bumping the saturation and contrast, which looks good in screenshots and that's about it.

Doesn't address fundamental issues with level intricacy or asset placement.

>Your mom wasted time on you, we're even

Attached: BE72D14B-16AB-4C41-ADE9-F1B4354AA5C5.jpg (576x384, 9K)