These are every GOTY winner since 1990, which one was the most undeserved Yea Forums?

These are every GOTY winner since 1990, which one was the most undeserved Yea Forums?

Attached: 1990 to 2019 GOTY's.jpg (1525x1200, 2.74M)

>thinking Astral Chain will get GOTY
anyways Street Fighter & Chrono Cross

The Walking Dead

Metroid Prime

Walking dead because It’s not even a game, just an interactive movie

Why is there such anti-Metroid spam on this board now? Is it just a summerfag thing?

Definitely Chrono Cross and The Walking Dead

Goldeneye
Chrono cross
Windwaker
Okami
Bioshock
Fallout 3
Uncharted 2
Skyrim
Dragon age
Wither 3
Uncharted 4
God of war
Are all undeserving, Idk about astral chain.

Resident Evil 4, how the hell?

Confirmed never played Chrono Cross

> Defending TLOU & Walking Dead
Opinion invalidated

TLoU

Astral chain

T. Snoy

>SFII didn't deserve GOTY

You absolute faggot

Attached: B11FCB71-8B85-49E3-978F-D8A02945CF77.jpg (828x554, 74K)

this 100%

I love Prime. I'm just pissed that GOTY of year 2002. is Metroid Prime and not Mario Sunshine.

But seriously, though, Chrono Cross is pure garbage. The only good thing about it is OST.

>if you dont think Nintendo wins you MUST be snoy

Chrono Cross is a masterpiece, Trigger fags only hate it because they are to retarded to understand the plot & seethe that their favorite characters will killed off. It's literally pleb filter

this threade is obvious bait but
>super metroid
>metroid prime
>wind waker
>uncharted 2
>the walking dead
>dragon age
>uncharted 4
>god of war
looking back to this decade most of these gotys are absolute shit

> Likes Witcher 3, TLOU & Fallout 3
The absolute state of Trannies

Funny thing is, I played Cross before Trigger and hated it. You can imagine what was my opinion on Cross after I finished Trigger.

I played Chrono Trigger after Chrono Cross & was disappointed in how it was inferior in almost every regard

>Chrono Cross is pure garbage

Objectively false, one of the best turn-based systems of all time

never played fallout
tlou and witcher arent my goty but theyre decent enough and there wasnt any good games that came out in their years desu

Windwaker

at least the other games are finished

TLOU
fucking rigged
im still mad

Attached: pollsclosed.png (640x1222, 250K)

I liked Sunshine, but you're dreaming if you think it's better than Prime on literally any level.

Yes, user. You have
>weak attack
>medium attack
>strong attack
Attack with weapon so that you can use the element. Truly, this is absolutely original combat system. Too bad it didn't go mainstream.

Dragon Age Inquisition

>Street Fighter 2
>Half-Life
>Skyrim

Nice oversimplification

Correct me if I am wrong.

in green the games that deserved the GOTY, i disagree with the majority, but i still think they were GOTY material

in red the ones that didn't deserve the GOTY at all

Attached: 1563145386949.jpg (1525x1200, 977K)

Name another system like it?

Smasher

> 1993 (Mortal Kombat) - Should have been Link's Awakening
> 1997 (GoldenEye 007) - Should have been Final Fantasy VII
> 2004 (Half-Life 2) - Should have been Metal Gear Solid 3
> 2005 (Resident Evil 4) - Should have been Shadow of the Colossus
> 2007 (Bioshock) - Should have been Super Mario Galaxy
> 2008 (Fallout 3) - Should have been Persona 4 or TWEWY
> 2011 (Skyrim) - Should have been Portal 2 or Dark Souls
> 2012 (Walking Dead) - Should have been Journey
> 2014 (Dragon Age) - Should have been Bayonetta 2
> 2015 (The Witcher 3) - Should have been Undertale
> 2016 (Uncharted 4) - Should have been INSIDE
> 2018 (Soi of War) - Should have been Super Smash Bros Ultimate
There, this objectively correct

Astral chain since nobody has played it yet.

Vagrant Story, Lightning Returns, The Last Remnant, BoF Dragon Quarter

As a VERY highly respected individual in the gaming industry, I can personally confirm that Astral Chain is the greatest game ever made. It’s just.....perfect. Nintendo definitely won this console generation, sorry Sony.

Smasher/shitter

> BOTW & WW doesn't deserve it
> Fucking garbage like Witcher 3 does
Kill yourself

Genuine Classic
>super Mario world
>super metroid
>chrono trigger
>ocarina of time
>metroid prime
>wind waker
>half life 2
>resident evil 4
>the walking dead
>the last of us

Good
>okami
>bioshock
>uncharted 2
>skyrim
>witcher 3
>breath of the wild
>God of war

Overrated garbage
>link to the past
>street fighter 2
>mortal kombat
>chrono cross
>super Mario 64
>goldeneye
>soul Caliber
>mgs2
>fallout 3
>red dead Redemption
>dragon age inquisition

Attached: mortal-kombat-11-shang-tsung.jpg (1920x1080, 139K)

Bioshock easily. It was good but it boils down to a smooth shooter with a good story but didn't change much in the genre

>Witcher 3 is better than Mario 64
Hey lil zoomer, go play fortnite

So you're attacking it for being original? You do know what year CC came out right?

Horrible bait

The Walking Dead. I think this was only popular because it popularized the genre again for the normies/west.

The one about the bearded man with the difficult past who has to protect a little girl during a zombie apocalypse

What exactly is your problem, user? I described how simple it is. You sarcastically answered with "nice oversimplification" but weren't able to correct me. Meaning, the description is spot on. You expect me to say it's good just because it's, what, 20 years old? Ok, it is. It is the best combat system ever. Happy now? Good. Now explain why no other game (even those published by Square) used this "superior" combat system. It was too good to be used again, right?

half life 2

It also has full customization of your elements, single use casting, the element field, a risk reward with melee due to accuracy which means you can't just spam heavy attack, did away with MP entirely so you aren't just going in doing Ultima as many times as you can, so yeah it was an oversimplification

Being a zoomer is no excuse to just go back to old games and call them trash

>zoomer
I was wondering when you'll start using it. I guess it's supposed to be an insult. You obviously have no arguments and can't stand the fact that people have different opinion. And you can't answer a simple question.

I literally just answered it, try reading

I asked you, if the system was so good, why didn't Square use it again. Also:
>attack with weapon so you can cast a spell

You really don't see a problem here?

Why would Square recycle a wholly unique turn-based combat system like that? So unique that it's what a GOTY caliber game is known for? You don't see a problem here?

Of course. It's so good, it should be reserved for one game only. A game that is a GOTY. And you know why, because if we use it again, than the combat in Chrono Cross won't be unique anymore and CC won't be GOTY anymore.

^^
This is what you just wrote.

Those are some big logical leaps and not what I said at all

I agree with most of this but the criteria seems inconsistent, many of the OP GOTY were a big deal that affected the tastes of many players and what was "in". Like im behind Journey being way better as a game than Walking Dead but way more people cared about the latter. Its kinda sad. Also Undertale sucked.

Wind Waker.
God of War.

>God of War series only gets critical acclaim once it removes everything that was fun about it

God of 4 by a massive amount. should be worst game of the year.

also Tellltale's The Walking Dead. I can understand why normies and game journos would love a cutscene simulator.

Uncharted games are ok, 6-8/10 depending on taste, but not GOTY material.

Same goes for Soul Calibur (very niche AND came out in a strong gaming year) and TLoU.

Attached: DaringSynthesis.jpg (1200x603, 138K)

Ok, even I'm a Nintendofan, but I doubt that Astralchain is gonna be game of the year

>HL2 is closer to Super Mario World than the modern day

Attached: 42q3425211.png (601x601, 830K)

Halo should be on here. Much more than M*troid.

Not related but I would love to see a smash spinoff only featuring GOTY characters.

street fighter 2 created a whole new genre you retard