BallisticNG THREAD

GET THE FUCK IN HERE, I CAN'T HOST BUT THE OP FROM YESTERDAY DIDN'T POST A THREAD

Attached: file.png (1280x720, 139K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/dXQ5j3kb
discord.gg/ballisticng
youtube.com/watch?v=URQtrOLFk5A
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>What the fuck is this?
A great wipeout 3 fan game that just happens to be better than the original and that anons on Yea Forums have started playing together
It's pretty cheap too
>How do I play?
We'll have lobbies up in a second, but we are running extra tracks
>How do I get the tracks
Go here pastebin.com/dXQ5j3kb (embed)

This shit better not die before we get a host

Thanks for saving the thread.

Bump

Wew almost missed the thread. I'm up.

I'm playing other shit, but godbless you for helping actual good games to survive in these dark times.

Bump, we need a host

yes we need a host

Attached: bng1.png (720x1500, 935K)

Will Diavolt win again?

Attached: bng2.png (720x2700, 1.43M)

Attached: bnv2.png (634x396, 105K)

For me, it's Tenrai
>explodes

Cmon ballisticbros.... We need some racing action

Attached: dragproto.png (1087x675, 1.15M)

Attached: file.png (640x400, 230K)

If someone hosts I'm up for a shorter session, yesterday was mad fun, 4-5 hours of BNG

Attached: wyvern gang.png (1030x548, 507K)

Last time I had to leave the gang because I was missing a track. I reinstalled all tracks again, hopefully it'll work fine.

Attached: 1563082850779.jpg (622x621, 61K)

SERVER WHEN

How does this compare to WipeoutHD/Furu and Redout?

Attached: 130064743283.jpg (500x375, 21K)

Redout is more like F-Zero but good aesthetic without the shitty furry characters. As for Wipeout this is like the first 3 games, pretty different from HD/Fury, there is a modern physics mode but no campaign for it.

It's more comparable to Wip3out than hd/fury. Reout is a bir more floaty like this is and less punishing for wall hits, the sense of speed is fantastic as well.

Holy shit I can't type I need hug or a host.

There's a physics mode that plays a lot like Wipeout HD/Fury. But the main physics mode is similar but more bouncy and dynamic, with a great emphasis on pitching, air brakes that slide you and slow you down more, no gay wiggle rolls.

Attached: bng - pr002.webm (480x360, 2.48M)

Switch port when? Too scared to compete with Crash and Mario?

>with a great emphasis on pitching
fuck
>no gay wiggle rolls
fuck yes

Ehh, might as well try it at some point. Seems it's only 7 bux or so

Attached: 130064743284.jpg (640x480, 47K)

Your webm made me remember my gold medal run of pr0x002 and my lines are so all over the fucking place comparatively. wtf.

I mean as along as you don't hit any walls.

Mine probably looked just as shit or more so when I was starting out but precision 2 is unironically one of my favorite tracks in the game so I played the fuck out of it

Attached: bng - arrivon peak.webm (480x360, 2.74M)

Diavolt mains are there to make others miserable, I don't think they even care about winning

He's exaggerating the emphasis on pitching. Sure there are a few tracks it helps with but it's usually not necessary unless you're playing on a badly made custom track where they didn't bother differentiating between floor collision and wall collision, which causes the game to think slopes are obstacles.

D-does it run well on penguin os?

unironically decently

There are a few places where you'll find bugs that aren't in the wangblows version, but yes it runs well

I think at this point someone needs to go pull a host out of the d******.

I wouldn't call it exaggerating because pitching saves time by preventing hard bounces, lets you skip many chicanes or cut some corners, makes cornering easier and more consistent in general and has other benefits like easier overtaking and jumping over quakes. But yes it's not necessary to be decent and can be incorporated into your gameplay gradually, not something you need to worry about immediately

Attached: bng no pitching.webm (640x360, 2.86M)

I'd love to join you guys but it's midnight here, there'd better be a lobby during the week lads.

Attached: 1563047714442.png (640x400, 161K)

>tfw no host

Why don't you host user? Latency isn't a big deal unless you're neck and neck with another racer

Everyone will have at least 300ms because Brazil and my upload is literally 1mbit.

Bump

ded

Nah. I think most people are just lurking and waiting for a host. I'm on the same boat as . It's too late for me today but I'll gladly join during the week.

Looks like we're out of luck bros. If we want to get brits and muricans together it's best to host around like 2-3pm EST saturday. We need to get an official race day schedule

Redout is on the Switch, I wonder how well it sold. Seems like a good fit, Lord knows Nintendo isn't going to give us our F-Zero fix.

hi guys, sorry I'm unable to host anymore as i spent most of the day actually hosting from within the bng discord. however I host multiplayer Monday every Monday at 6PM CDT from within the official discord if you'd like to join tomorrow.

>ballstick ng and blood bowl get shilled in the sale threads nonstop
>get both thinking I'd refund them
>both are super fun with anons
fuck dude, I got reverse-bamboozled

I don't use discord much but what's the address?

how the FUCK do you get platinum time trials in the green night stage?

i host on the official discord:
discord.gg/ballisticng

this one?
youtube.com/watch?v=URQtrOLFk5A

Oh shit, we playing tonight too? Give me 10 mins and I'll hop in.

Need a host

no. there a few ramps maybe you use omicron? it's in the second or third part of the campaign.

That's a space stage user
You almost don't need air brakes there at all, just use normal steering. The uphill section where you smash into the floor is best taken wide so your ship has time to adjust itself to the angle of the floor. Take the pitlane and use boost on straights in chunks of about 40% at a time (any more will be a waste since it stops speeding you up)

got video?

Let record one

Great, right when I'm gonna sleep.

why is hyperion the best?

Keyboard overlay turned out too small, but 1/3 on the top left and right are air brakes, WASD is steering/pitching

Attached: luna trial.webm (480x360, 2.86M)

It has decent enough handling, shield, and speed, so everyone flocks to it. And also because of finnish spurdo jokes.

Attached: hyperion.jpg (413x159, 12K)

Also, forget what I said about the pitlane there is no point taking it every lap, just use 30% health for afterburner on each lap and you should be good. The lap time I got was a bit over 41 seconds, so it would meet the goal with over 6 seconds to spare

i have literally never not bottomed out trying to get the boost at 25s

That's probably cause you take a straight line to the boost pad, if you check the webm you can see that I move slightly to the outside of that corner before going back in. That way the ship adjusts its angle and doesn't bottom out. Even with if you bottom out though it's not that big of an issue, about a 0.5s speed loss at most

thanks for the video ill try it next time

Pic related

Attached: lines.png (702x595, 624K)

why does the ship sometimes bounce up like a jump at random?

Because you hit a bump in the road and were in the air. Your ship doesn't grip the road, so a slight incline will act like a ramp.

It's not random it depends on your pitching and the track. The ships always bounce after landing even a soft one, you have to learn to control and minimize it. You can also get extra bounce after air braking hard on an uphill segment of a track, not quite sure how it works but it does.