Game has dual-wielding

>game has dual-wielding

Attached: 1551551667325.webm (1280x720, 1.72M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/vifYelSTlMo
youtu.be/VlCQ2pBob5Q
youtube.com/watch?v=uLLv8E2pWdk&t=288
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>It's another Yea Forums pretends to be a midieval combat historian and submits footage of beta HEMA larpers as """evidence""" of something.

>Cant spell medieval
>Implying a defence of duel wielding

Attached: Imply.gif (500x500, 1.65M)

>Can't spell can't.
>Thinking I looked at your webm.
>Thinking a webm of betas is evidence of combat.

Why is the dual wieldy boy fighting with his back against the wall? Might as well just fight with your stomach on the ground as well. I'm guessing OP isn't very good at playing as less tanky characters. Git gud, friend.

Too accurate, HEMAfaggots are so pathetic.

>Can't.
>Defense.

dual wielding is retarded, hence why nobody did it back in ye olde stabby days

>It's another "Yea Forums ignores every piece of historical evidence that exists because it makes medieval combat look less like Game of Thrones"

>NO STOP YOU'RE MAKING ME FEEL AWKWARD BY SEEING SOMETHING I'M NOT USED TO
>ONLY NON-WHITES ARE SUPPOSED TO DO FUN THINGS
>STOP I FEEL LEFT OUT!

Attached: crying soyjack.png (785x731, 205K)

>ill just stand still without even trying to parry or dodge in A FUCKING SWORD FIGHT

Attached: annoyed.jpg (753x634, 46K)

>Thinking im OP.
>Thinking that the only thing that matters in a conversation is the person not the point.
Please go. youtu.be/vifYelSTlMo

Attached: back to reddit.jpg (500x614, 123K)

What evidence? Larpers? Dress swords with accompanying weapon were used from 1500 on.

>Larpers
Where exactly do you think HEMA comes from? No, seriously, I'm legit curious, what do you think they're doing in that video?

>Wojak.
>Caps.
Get rocked.

>it's another "faggot thinks he knows better than everyone else" episode.

>Where exactly do you think HEMA comes from?
D&D

?
It comes from larping.

How do you beat a zweihander in single combat?

>Leaked image of one of these posts

Attached: 500 IQ.png (94x112, 30K)

Run up to it or get a longer spear or sword, its heavy and difficult to move. They were never meant to be used in duelling.

Spear shits all over it.

You swordniggers are probably Americans and weak.

>"hehe I gently rubbed against your leg, I win"
This is fucking retarded and I'm not even defending dual wielding.

>What evidence?
The illustrations and surviving journals detailing combat methods and surviving logs regarding armor and weapon specifications you dunce. But go ahead and cover your ears I guess, I'm sure a katana could cleave plate mail too

No it doesn't. You do realize that these people are actually reading historical treatises about this stuff, right? Like, they're actually reading the manuals that medieval onwards sworsman wrote on how to fight with a sword. What the fuck do you think HEMA stands for?

Do you think Kendo is gay too?

>Fencing manuals and historical texts don't exist

>How do you beat a zweihander in single combat?
throw stuff at them, run away. it's huge and only good for one charge then they get tired out.

>fighting with paper swords

Show the evidence that supports your theory.

>Like, they're actually reading the manuals that medieval onwards sworsman wrote on how to fight with a sword
Wait, seriously? That's actually pretty cool. I always thought they were just playing live action DnD or whatever.

It comes from larpers. A larpers reading a shitty missive is still a larper.

At least in kendo, the swords aren't floppy, weightless nonsense. Of course you can't deflect foam. It just bends around and keeps going. There's no painful vibration in your hands from the collision, no weight that needs to be leveraged and counterbalanced. They should at least be using short staves or wooden swords. Don't get into shit like this unless you're prepared to get banged up.

>game has scythes

Attached: 1544510355392.webm (640x360, 2.82M)

Johannes Liechtenauer's Zettel
Additional glosses written by Sigmund ain Ringeck, Pseudo Peter von Danzig, and Jud Lew
Fiore dei Liberi's Fior di Battaglia

That whipping shit is so fucking gay. If the average larper wasn't such a pussy, it would actually be fun to bash each other with foam weapons at events.

The only real option is the ACL.

HEMA is essentially White people Kendo, dude. It's a bunch of people reading old French/German/Italian texts on sword fighting and martial arts (most Anglo texts on this subject were written in French) to figure out how fighting with a sword was actually done and then... doing it.

Most don't use foam.

The footage, if anything, is about superiority of polearms (and polearm sized swords like a greatsword) against sidearms and not about dual wielding. It shouldn't come off as a surprise that polearms are superior to sidearms anymore than PCs are superior to smartphones - in a context were the advantage of the latter, namely being able to have it always with you, is irrelevant.

A shield.

>taps your leg

I guess i'm dead lmao

The virgin HEMA vs the CHAD M1
youtu.be/VlCQ2pBob5Q

Attached: CA6A3C32-5A3D-4DF1-BDBF-37EEAE12FA10.jpg (786x1017, 86K)

What the hell is this garbage

Because it sure as hell ain't Anime

Attached: always.jpg (600x696, 30K)

Literally who? How many fights did he win? Is he an authority to corroborate the OP? Does he give matchup analysis?

Even if it's not foam, there's very little weight present. You can see just how light all of that is. Wear pads, and use sticks. At least the wood would be pretty accurate, if not weigh more than a sword of similar length.

Of course it's russian

What do you think it is then?

Attached: 1533337356733.jpg (298x295, 15K)

You don't seem to get this: Most HEMA gyms use real steel.

Fateshit is the literal definition of anime retard

Garbage.

That's not how you use a claidheamh mòr.
The weight of it would not allow him to get away with half of what he's trying to do.

Attached: FUCK.gif (421x229, 3.34M)

That's exactly what HEMA gags are. They play with paper swords with a handful of reference material and zero training and they don't use proper dress or weapons and they expect people to take them seriously.
This is like reading Jeet Kun Do and then strapping on a bunch of Tae Kwon Do sport padding and having a go with other fat/skinny fucks with no muscles and no training then claiming afterwards to be an expert on street fighting.

are these supposed to be trained to use those weapons?
looks like 2 random people in armor who then start hugging like boxers, fall to the ground and who ever is on top just punches the other

even hema are a bunch of larpers because they arent actually fighting for their lives which was the whole point of sword fighting back when

Attached: bella 3.jpg (545x571, 21K)

>posting in a thread without viewing any of the OP
>being the FIRST post in a thread without even looking at the op
Get the FUCK out

>stops pussyfooting around with weapons and goes in for the grapple

history nerds, how effective would this be in a one on one encounter with two men in armor?

Make me weak faggot.

That's cool. Why did OP post this garbage then?

So anime you mean

its literally shit*

>graze opponents shoulder with sword
>point scored gg

Explain this, nerd

extremely
wrestling formed the basis of medieval combat

I'll fuck every single one of you french faggots, one stick for you ass the other for your pusy

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 55K)

Dab on it with spears.

Attached: 1407248193669.jpg (800x600, 152K)

please tell me those aren't katanas that some people in the background are holding

In 1 on 1 it's a guaranteed victory. In a battlefield you will just get shanked.

>you unlock 2-handed dual wielding

Attached: IMG_20190608_083549.jpg (640x937, 90K)

in a 1on1 fighting for your life and your butterknifes is useless theres really not much else to do

>HEMA is essentially White people Kendo, dude.

Kendo and Olympic Fencing are more comparable. Both are evolved from martial arts, but today are 100% sports where the emphasis is on clearly defined rules and scoring systems than trying to train historical martial arts that would have been used in real combat. HEMA guys are basically training as if they were training for real swordfight from historical sources, even though obviously none of them will actually use their skills for that.

All five people named are 14/15th century fencing masters.

Liechtenauer covers the longsword predominantly, and is considered to be an entire tradition of various fencing masters in the Holy Roman Empire (medieval Germany). The Zettel is a poem which he wrote that contains teachings of how to fence with the long sword. Ringeck, PPvD and Lew each wrote their own additional glosses (basically their own interpretations, and it's also likely that fencing manuals grew by adding what would have been common fencing techniques at the time).

Fiore dei Liberi was an Italian fencing master but also had contact with and spent time in the HRE, his manual covers a few different weaponsn in a system called "Armizare", roughly meaning skill at arms. He starts with dagger and wrestling, and later expands to the sword in one and two hands, spear, and poleaxe as well as a few other miscellaneous sections.

Anything other than a spear is embarassing.

pretty effective in a 1v1, getting your opponent on the ground is basically an instant win, they won't be able to effectively fight back and you can just shove your sword into the gaps in their armor as they try to get away from you

>dual* wielding

Same difference

this shits dumb, it always ends up in wrestling.

Attached: inevitable.jpg (1077x1055, 153K)

God what a fucking idiot. Blocking with a sword? If those were real swords and I was the one dual weilding I'd fuck that faggot up so easy.

>Get ready to bait him by pretending to get ready to block
>Guy slashes
> I quickly step to the side
>Run up to him while holding his weapon down with my right sword
>Cut his throat with my left

It's common sense. These larper fags don't know anything.

Attached: f13847572446.png (758x923, 592K)

You're stupid then. It would be objectively better if you didn't post.

great sword is the ultimate chad weapon followed by warhammer

>duel wield heavy claymore
>get rushed by chad SHIELD user and annihilated

Because seeing White people play with swords makes a lot of faggots on here very uncomfortable for some reason. It's an incredibly weird combination of self loathing and desperately trying to be too-cool-for-school. I don't get it, because it's cool as fuck and academic historians absolutely love the HEMA community because, as it turns out, "living archaeology" is a really important thing. The Russians have a big event every year where they make their own armor using traditional methods and swing steel around at each other.

Most sword fights weren't actually all that long. Assuming both men are fully equipped that means they're wearing
>clothes
>cloth padding
>leather padding
>more cloth padding
>chain padding
>more cloth padding
>plate
so what would usually happen is they'd swing their steel around and try and knock the other guy over. "Half-swording", or grabbing the sword by the blade, would be common here as both parties would have like four layers of gloves on. At some point they both take it to the mud and pull out (or try and pull out) their stilettos. This is a sharpened steel rod that they use (or try) to jam out the other guys eyes. After this, you just take his armor off and stab him. If you can't get at the eyes, you jam it in any crevice you can hoping to punch through all of the crap they're wearing.

Fencing as a martial art is essentially this principle, just with a longer stick.

It's the only way to realistically get past armor unless you have some kind of hammer.

Great.
Now does he give detailed matchup analysis? Does he break it down in a way that support the OP's claim?

obligatory post of proof that zweihanders are shit
youtube.com/watch?v=uLLv8E2pWdk&t=288

Comparing any melee weapon to a spear is basically cheating, you mother fucker.

>one of humanity's greatest weapons is just a really pointy stick
There's something funny about that

reminder that decent armour renders literally any non-blunt weapon useless.

reminder that Lindybeige claims:

>no one used swords, axes
>no one used horses
>no one used throwing knives
>no one used double strap arm shields
>no one used scythes
>no one used mail coifs
>no one used torches
>Pikemen didn't fight each other
>no one spoke French during the French revolution
>no one spoke Latin during the Roman Republic
>battle of Zama didn't happen
>Romans carried one pilum
>Vikings weren't real
>berserkers weren't real
>climate change isn't real
>stagnant social mobility isn't real
>castles were defended by three soldiers
>butted mail is better than riveted mail
>operation market garden was a success
>Napoleon was literally Hitler
>The Churchill was the best tank in WWII
>The English won the Hundreds Years' War
>British naval guns on Malta could launch projectiles into space
>brodie helmets were superior
>English accents are superior
>English is the best language
>Normans weren't French
>imperial system is better
>dunkirk was a british victory
>british officers don't duck
>the bren gun was like a full auto sniper rifle
>boer concentration camps were refugee camps
>the French are German

>even hema are a bunch of larpers because they arent actually fighting for their lives which was the whole point of sword fighting back when
wrong

Klopffechter were a thing

What a massive retard, I bet hundreds of thousands believe him because hes a guy on youtube pretending to know what his doing.

To be fair, the Normans have a very mixed ancestry.

>Matchup analysis
There is discussion of how different weapons, attacks, and positions (called guards) are useful against one another, yes.

>"Against the grip of hand and also the throw,
With this guard, I know well how to ward.

I am a good guard, in armor or without armor, and against a spear or a sword thrown from the hand, I am confident I will not be harmed, because I know how to beat them aside and thus evade them."
From Fiore's sword in two hands section.

>OP's claim
Which is what exactly? A single line of greentext about dual wielding along with a webm of a bunch of guys messing around with nylon weapons and everyone getting beaten by the greatsword. Reach being a huge advantage is common sense.

>Napoleon was literally Hitler
- corporal
- manlet
- probably gay
- continental european
- btfo by teamwork and jolly old england
- one killed himself, the other should have
Based, fuck the little corporal.

half the things you listed there are intentional misrepresentations or just outright lies

If you follow the reply chain, it goes to the OP's retarded claim presenting a video of play fighting as evidence of something.

they are sabres

>HEMA
>"training as if they were training for real swordfight"
>no full-weight weapons
>only weapon-on-weapon contact
>no full-force blows even against weapon
it's white people kendo, but it's not olympic kendo
it's the more traditional kendo which was with wooden (or dull metal) swords and weapon on weapon contact
HEMA, like kendo is a shadow of what it represents
kendo's ancestor was originally full-gear practice with a real sword, it turned into wooden sword because people kept dying during practice and then people got good with wood swords and it changed into a pointy bamboo mat because people kept dying during practice or wooden sword but only weapon on weapon contact
just like medieval combat practice was full gear, real weapons, serious injuries, then wooden swords, then eventually modern hema
both of these processes were caused by a similar historical route of melee combat becoming more obsolete in a slow manner and then a modern crash to pretend fighting
very few people want to train seriously like in the past, because that means risking serious injury or death

could we please not have this thread degenerate like the other one

lesson here is that shields are fucking OP

you dumb fucks messed up now the hema discord is aware and trolling this entire time lol

Romans did only carry one pilum into battle. The other of the two javelins was not a pilum.
And at least roman nobility throughout the ages spoke almost exclusively greek amongst itself, since romans were well known hellenaboos.
Not to defend lindy by any means, just to correct you.

>very few people want to train seriously like in the past, because that means risking serious injury or death
seriously training like in the past would also be a fulltime job of at least 6 hours of practice basically every day but Sunday.

The spear is amazing but you have to be super skilled with it, if by some miracle/botch the person avoids the stabbing or is able to deflect the blow and the spear is past him, the lancer is automatically dead.

Bullshit, they spoke both Greek and Latin.

It least in kendo everything from yore is basically taught and known as it was passed down as an ongoing oral tradition and sport grooming begins at a young age. HEMA shit is out-of-shape autists in their 20s and beyond that watched too much Berserk and Braveheart going out and buying a paper sword.

archerfags btfo

Attached: virgin archer.webm (800x450, 2.79M)

The spear is a weapon best used in formations, and discipline is what benefits spear effectiveness the most, not skill.

is he drinking her shit

If your fatass tried to "parry" or "dodge" like you see in your video games you'd look like a fucking buffoon and everybody would laugh at you.

>English is the best language
but this is true

Most people in the past who had the money and resources to train, like today, had a day job of some sort. About the only people who made a full time job of it were instructors.

Most of the historical training, both in Europe and Asia, were forms of two man and solo drilling. They also had duels, and matches of various sorts with different rules and degrees of danger, but the training itself did not involve fighting to the death or beating people up with wooden weapons. It was more like "practice this move a thousand times and maybe you'll be able to use it on someone actually out to get you."

Is there any weapon that can beat a spear in a duel?
Lindybeige would have you think a spear is unstoppable.

Why did they even feel like they had to test whether a solid metal plate is stronger than a fucking stick?

Attached: 1561565905633.png (252x235, 86K)

what does race have to do with anything? you sound like a shitposter trying to stay relevant

>Shoots your penis
Heh... no privates kid...

imagine actually complaining about cunts going out and doing shit that they find fun.

>spear is in the game
>it doesn't have the best stats

Honestly, never put much stock in "ye olde manuals" because the possibility exists that they were written as a gag. I mean, 500 years from now it wouldn't be unlikely that future retards will be thinking "how to make crystals" is a legit 'manual' and if you poisoned yourself with mustard gas then you're doing it wrong.

this shit is so cringe it's insane

>not autistically practicing parrying animations in front of your mirror for hours

>that one video where two russians in plate armor beat each other's teeth out with halberds

Attached: tujwdruul3m11.png (604x579, 457K)

im actually a sticc but nice try

>ya ill just stand still while this blade is coming right at me

Attached: this emotion.jpg (838x539, 86K)

Friendly reminder that the closest style of martial arts resembling actual weapon parry is shotokan karate.

>friendly reminder *weebshit*

depends on if you are a part-timer or a full-timer

>About the only people who made a full time job of it were instructors.
and various types of guards
and mercenaries
and levied soldiers
>but the training itself did not involve fighting to the death or beating people up with wooden weapons
of course there was no fighting to the death on purpose
>beating people up with wooden weapons
absolutely did
>"practice this move a thousand times and maybe you'll be able to use it on someone actually out to get you."
no

dual-wielding would only work if:

1). the person in question was fitting something unarmored
2). the person in question was near the peak of human physical condition

i do genuinely think it's possible but the conditions to be able to do so are near inhuman

Attached: hunter of hunters.jpg (669x635, 89K)

This may sound Unga, but the best melee weapon is not a knife or a sword, but a finely crafted well balanced Baseball Bat

>have shield
>use shield as anything but a shield

no.

It was featured in many medieval treatises as a legitimate means to defeat an armoured opponent.

No, warhammers are better blunt weapons

That's literally the opposite of what HEMA is about.