Earth Defense Force

You're with this EDF thread for now, but I promise I'll get you home safely newbie.

Attached: edf chad.png (1400x569, 249K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1vU7XqToZso
youtube.com/watch?v=SdEvLRDJBBM&t=125s
youtube.com/watch?v=APHcNia4Nlo
leafierlemon.com/edf5/calc.shtml
youtube.com/watch?v=fSI7N0mAseY
youtube.com/watch?v=qqJNf2l9Xz0&feature=youtu.be&t=15
youtube.com/watch?v=1kUzC2y1ro8
weapon.edf.jpn.com/5_eng/w.html
youtube.com/watch?v=KF32DRg9opA
mega.nz/#!pJtAVYpZ!9QS2RbEZBn6Uea41mldrjgqjuCxYoJdk3xh1hTR8WRE
youtu.be/wjVRKdj_YPs
youtube.com/watch?v=UhE42Noj1Lw
youtube.com/watch?v=4PqDNhIXw-Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Where are my bullets?

>spooky night level
>see this

Attached: turning the freaking frogs into ghosts.webm (1280x720, 2.89M)

Attached: omega-yeet.webm (1280x720, 2.76M)

Attached: WATCH OUT WATCH OUT WATCH OUT RKO.webm (1280x720, 1.7M)

IT WONT SHOOT

>those mech health buffs
What the hell? Vegaltas in 4.1 doled out absolutely preposterous amounts of damage (the final Vegalta AX doing as much damage as an entire three man lobby) but were made of paper to compensate, now they have like five times the armor just for kicks.

I understand the green Weapon crates are to get new weapons or upgrades, but what are the red Armour crates for?
I'm stupid.

>Air raider gets nukes, lasers, mechs, air strikes, and a truck that shoots meter diameter grenades
>Ranger gets a motorcycle
I'm conflicted, that motorcycle is fucking cool

They increase your Armour (HP).

Have you read literally nothing in the game? Not even the menu that pops up when you beat a level?

they increase armor

how did you manage this?

>They ate my friend! Time for reveEEENGE

Attached: ZHmHih5.png (441x302, 58K)

You've never been launched into the stratosphere in EDF before?

50 million hours in MS Paint just for you
The new voice actors actually really start to give it their all towards the end of the game when everything's gone to shit

Attached: wow cool egg.png (800x450, 182K)

Its confirmed. They're Aliens.

Like humans, they use their eyes to see. We can use this against them.
They also have ears.

These dumbasses can't recognize ants?

no I have, I'm just wondering how it happened in this instance
Was it done with self damage or an enemy attack?

Also fun fact: I've been launched into the centre of the earth on this map.
I was in a GRAPE when a teleportation ship landed on me and it shot me through the ground
Eventually I was stuck swimming under the stage for the rest of the mission

Attached: Better with Friends.webm (1280x720, 2.95M)

Ranger is the true chad class: just you, your rifle, and sometimes a cool motorbike depending on the map

70% of aliens were eliminated! We suffered... Minimal casualties.

>people complain about the voices

The terrible and cheesy voice acting is done on purpose to sound like old sci-fi horror movies and badly dubbed japanese monster movies.

Attached: EDF classic.jpg (1280x720, 259K)

There's cheesy voice acting and then there's "okay so you want me to read this line got it boom done *picks nose*" It did grow on me, or it did actually get better once the director finally hammered what he wanted from them into their skulls. I swear some of the early dialogues were spoken by ESLs.

You mean tiny monster alphas?

It beats me how anyone can't tell it's all part of the charm

>IT'S A FENCERS JOB TO STAY BEHIND
>AAAAAAAAAAA HELP ME! HEEELLLP MEEEEE!

Attached: _81738062_risitas.jpg (1024x576, 36K)

You guys can fight for the losing side. But me? Heh, I am joining the aliens!

Have another

Some of the line reads are pretty bad yes
That said, EDF4 had Carrie Savage who made me want to kill myself every time she talked so I'm okay with the change to be honest
Dumb Egg Girl isn't nearly as annoying

Attached: 1505730026792.png (1400x569, 255K)

Being pushed out of bounds is a classic EDF pasttime. In 4.1 you could easily do this in the caves by exiting a depth crawler while on the ceiling, which would put you on top of the map unable to get back in. I haven't tried it in 5 yet.

Do any of you guys get pretty wild flickering on blood splatters? Sometimes I get wild triangles on stuff

>your rifle
>Not a shotgun to blast the fuckers back into space
ISHYGDDT

I'm not complaining about the voices I'm just riffing on some bad reads.

Mission 14 is rough. Those frogs soak so much damage...is there a secret to them?

>"Show us where the enemies are"

Attached: 1560390526989.png (600x448, 159K)

Like their limbs, their head has a health pool. Deplete it and they die instantly.

How could you shoot humans like that?

I have never played one of these games before, but I am intrigued by the ridiculousness of some of these webms. What game do I start with? Alternatively, which one is the best?

Attached: 1563059015523.webm (960x540, 2.89M)

That reminds me of the time an ant spawned out of bounds in a cave
We were watching it on the minimap just fall past before respawning at the top and falling again
We managed to kill it through the wall with blast damage, would have been annoying if we couldn't
Its made me always bring explosive weapons in caves afterwards

De-limb the fuckers with well placed shots or explosives. They cant shoot you if they are missing their fucking arm.

Attached: frogtoad.jpg (1391x1057, 530K)

>using a semi-auto AR

Attached: file.png (500x375, 456K)

Pirate 5 and play with piratefags to see if you like it. If you like it then consider buying it at some point, or not, it's up to you, but you can transfer your save file to a legit copy later.

>join random multiplayer match and people Ive never met before in my life all shouting EDF! EDF! EDF! in unison when stuff explodes

We are brothers.

Attached: manly tears kenshiro.jpg (500x466, 51K)

>*Turns on rapid clicker*

Attached: 95756575-young-handsome-man-with-beard-and-mustache-kissing-fingers-hand-gesture-for-perfection.jpg (1300x866, 69K)

Need Webm's to get a friend in

>We must cut down on illegal immigrants
>Random alien says "me so horny"
What the fuck?

Taking their gun arm off will prevent them from firing, if you're having trouble hitting them to begin with taking a leg off will ground them and make them much less mobile
If you're able to hit them accurately enough you can also just shoot them in the head to kill them instantly

5 is the best
it's 4 but with several hundred quality of life changes such as not having to dash cancel every time as Fencer anymore, being able to sprint as Ranger, being able to manually choose the position and direction of your airstrikes as Air Raider instead of throwing a smoke grenade and hoping for the best, etc

In the manual for the game it actually says 'Remember - Other players are EDF comrades too' and unlike most games that say things like that with this one it actually feels like it too

Attached: Earth Defense Force 5 2019.07.12 - 10.16.53.01.webm (1280x720, 1.87M)

Attached: Shaolin Soccer.webm (720x404, 2.96M)

requesting the spongebob "EDF we saved the city" image

Attached: EDF Deploys.webm (1280x720, 2.94M)

The only thing I dislike is damage falloff on weapons, everything else is great.

>chat input: aaaaa
A+

5 is a smooth start, it fixed a bunch of old annoyances and added a lot of depth on the gameplay mechanics. 4.1 is still excellent and has some absolutely wonderful B-movie acting that I prefer to 5's performance, but it's a lot more primitive.

youtube.com/watch?v=1vU7XqToZso everytime

>wingdiver joins the match with over 1000hp

Kicked that nigga. Get out of here with that cheat engine shit. Its only been out for like 3 days.

Here
This is absolutely correct, 4.1's story and acting is better but 5 is mechanically superior
I'd say to play 5 first and then if you enjoy it enough try out 4
4's even a direct sequel that makes numerous references to a previous invasion, so it almost fits thematically, too
THIS is party number TWO.

Why is this one 50 bucks? Wasn't the previous 30-40?

I've already got 900+ hp as wing diver just by finishing the campaign on hard mode.
Stop being a casual.

This one's better, therefore it can cost more.

i think a drone wedged itself under me as a teammate blew it up, the game wigged out and it launched me to the alien mothership

Open lobby

Name: Yea Forumsdf
pass: rage

Starting at 31 Hard

>Yea Forumsdf

I chuckled

Attached: 1559760341947.gif (498x432, 793K)

EDF was $30 on launch sale, $50 normally, then $20 years later when 5 was announced.

Does 5 have the issues that 4.1 had where the mouse is super fucked and half the keys, including the arrow keys, were hard bound?

How do you play multiplayer with a pirated game?

pirate or non pirate?

If you do i think it's mission 39 on easy, it's the one after the big fight in the plains where the grim reapers come to save you, you can run it with a air raider and farm tons of health. Kill everything but one of the teleportation ships that only drop black ants, then have both grim reaper squads join you and park a titan next to where the ants drop, The reapers will kill the ants and the titan has a huge crate auto pick up area.

Non pirate

Pirate room, room name "video games", 30 Hard, open lobby.

autocannon B is absurdly overpowered even in hard. it one hits the frogs with plenty of room for error and has a two second reload.

Attached: 1556164665319.png (450x393, 90K)

A welcome concession compared to older games' weapons being inaccurate as fuck to diminish their long range effectiveness. Pretty much everything now is reliably accurate, even the worse weapons.

Anyone else get burnt out by not being able to kill these fucking monsters and failing missions? God damn it.

4.1 had a whale cannon that hit instantly, costs 200 credits which is nothing, and did loads of damage. Dunno if it's in 5 yet.

>is there a secret to them
play air raider and instakill them

>gathering drops as during mission end dialogue
>wing diver pins me with lasers and KOs me
back to singleplayer

5 has similar things, but are on a timed reload, which is better in case you somehow fuck up

goddamn croaking these toads is the most satisfying shit, what a great new enemy

Attached: 1550783666470.jpg (320x240, 6K)

I unironically love Pacific Rim
The second one was meh but had a couple good fights
Does this make me a brainlet?

>20 of the eart's population is dead
>that's not TOO bad...

They look just like us!!! I can't kill them!

I miss the 2025 dragons, these flying toads aren't as good looking.

no but at least they make more sense
Giant Insects evolved into Dragons!
Why?
uh...
OH SHIT THERE'S A GIANT DRAGON AND ITS GOT MORE HEALTH THAN ALL OF THE OTHER GIANT INSECT BOSSES COMBINED! KILL IT KILL IT KILL IT!

When will they allow fencers to use all four of their weapons at once?

>Assaulting the Outpost
>Just stand under the base bro
>Just attack the weak point bro
>Don't worry about the lasers bro
I CAN'T EVEN WEBM THIS 30 SECOND CLIP BECAUSE OF HOW SPASTIC THE LIGHTING IS FROM ALL THESE FUCKING LASERS AHHHH

>got EDF 5 on PS4 a month ago cause I didn't think it was going to come to PC any time soon
>friend kept telling me it was gonna happen but I wrote it off as 'gonna be a while' due to how long it took 4.1
>mfw the announcement came earlier this week

Even more flustered that I can't spare the cash to get it now.

Attached: pure anger.gif (500x375, 756K)

You know what, I hadn't thought of that, I changed my mind now, this is better.

>he cant use 4 weapons at once
cute

Attached: EDF5_03-30-17_010[1].jpg (600x338, 177K)

You're supposed to destroy the laser cannons

OH WE- OH WE- OH WE ARE- OH WE- OH WE- OH WE ARE THE- OH WE- OH WE- OH WE ARE THE- OH WE- OH W-E OH WE ARE- THE VALIANT INFANTRY~

get in here

Attached: 480_20190714184748_1.png (1920x1080, 1.12M)

jesus christ i am getting fucking anal raped on mission 43 on hard.

if any piratefriends are here i'm sorry my game disconnected when fighting the elite ayy lmaos

Attached: 1560765565571.png (584x585, 437K)

Saving Europe pt. 2? That's IMO one of the hardest missions in the game.

Which, the 200 lining the inside protected by the ring?

Yes

>piloting Barga against Anguirus
holy shit yes. Almost done with the game on Rnager on normal.
That's how it works right? You go through the difficulties consecutively?

Attached: 616511.jpg (600x600, 40K)

I was unaware a mission could have a sexual orientation until I got to mission 40. Like they ran out of ideas so they put everything in one mission and decided the entire map should aggro on you from the start. I'll have to come back with a cooler head since I can almost beat it, but I can't handle the infinite ant waves AND the red drones.

Attached: Last words were reportedly several curses about elite drones ability to stun lock..png (1005x258, 34K)

>You go through the difficulties consecutively?
Hah.

>unlock Blood Storm
>3 cave missions back-to-back

yeah, the two squads you get at the start just are even remotely enough on phase 2.

>Arcane six barrel cannon
>Starts with 5 shots

Started on Normal huh? That's fine, I guess. Different strokes and all that. I started on Hard, but that's just me haha.

Attached: gigachad.jpg (1068x601, 65K)

I wish they would fix the camera turn speed when you're drifting with tanks. It's like the camera can't keep up.

What music do you all listen to when you're saving the planet?
youtube.com/watch?v=SdEvLRDJBBM&t=125s

skipping to farm the higher difficulty weapons killed my enjoyment of 4.1, I didn't want to repeat that with 5.

>playing air raider
>get to the first underground mission

Attached: 1555733416850.jpg (1151x662, 220K)

I don't have any advice to guarantee a win besides to do your best to keep them alive just because you need all the distractions you can get to keep the aggro off you, and to bring something to take down the towers from a distance. Anytime you can get a shot in on a tower you should because every one you take down makes things that much easier. Don't ever stop moving, either.

Its what the devs expected
If you play through one difficulty on normal, you'll unlock enough stuff on other classes to have a fairly easy start on hard

Mission 28 on hard if someone wants to join me, just search Yea Forums

Still waiting for them to add super weapons that take up both slots; I just want one fuckhuge Gallic cannon to.

I can't stop using the blasthole send help

Entirely fair, I did the same thing

However so far the difficulty progression on Hard seems pretty reasonable. If it gets much harder, I don't think it'd be an issue to rewind a mission or two to farm up just a little more gear or armour.

I'd recommend it, it's good challenging fun.

Attached: 1561062998674.jpg (768x1024, 163K)

Nah. but only true EDF fans have beaten every game and every mission on every difficulty.

>rocketlauncher can fire 6 per second
>only has 2 shots
>takes 4 seconds to reload

>ranger's assault rifle is stronger than any rocket launcher
only time I use anything else is a missile launcher for flying swarms.
Free bike is fun though

Is Storm 1 the alt universe Doomguy?

How do you change outfit? Do you unlock more as you play?

>All residents have been killed? What are we fighting for?
Shut it, Zero, we're fighting for Earth.

The french deserve it

>Firing arc is so awkward that you're guaranteed to blow yourself up unless you're on a flat surface with nothing within 50 feet of you
What a shit fucking weapon

beat the game once and you can change back to the starting skin if you want. It wouild be cool if they made more skins though, or made the next game have customizable armor parts to amek your dudes look unique.

>first mission with Greys
>there's a second wave of them

Attached: 1552699079594.jpg (832x868, 44K)

Arcane has sucked in every EDF game. It takes forever to fire all its missiles leaving you wid eopen to get hit, and they often blow up in your face on terrain or other soldiers walking in front of you.

>can tank city destroying explosions with ease
>has killed thousands of aliens
>wing divers want his dick, grim reapers are his bros
Storm 1 is pretty top tier as far as vidya heroes go

Am I wrong in feeling that ranger's rocket launchers seem really lacking in 5?

I used to use them a lot in 4 but I hardly use them now
I usually just go piercing AR/Shotgun and a Sniper.

No, the rocket launchers really suck this time around sadly. Your rifles will put out way more damage, and if you need to hit long range shit or ltos of enemies just take a sniper or missile launcher.

You're correct. I'm waiting for a portable nuke and I don't think I'll ever get one or if I do my rifle will just be better.

Attached: xgEjSCk.jpg (631x330, 39K)

I mainly use them for long range AOE
You can blast 5 or 6 ants with each rocket
Snipers are shit

>no one uses open mic
Why not?

>Playing one of the later missions and one of the AI rangers starts singing
>Farewell my comrades the end has come, it's over now, my lover and whole family are gone!
>Another one responds
>Still I will fight the endless stream, there's no one left back home for me!
>Immediately afterwards
>Is there someone waiting for you at home?
>That's what the drill sergeant said too
I fucking love this game

Attached: 1548019159776.jpg (540x721, 130K)

Room up
Starting at mission 38 - hard
join

Attached: edf5l1.png (874x59, 32K)

>Dash Cell/Add Booster 2 gives two extra jumps and dashes, allowing three
>Multi-Charger 2-2 doesn't give extra; you only get two dashes and jumps
I was wondering how I suddenly became so bad at counting.

Attached: 1484413208515.png (429x410, 10K)

>hey look those deroys have long legs
>THEY HAVE MASTERED THE ART OF INVASION
I love you, EDF.

>mission 31 cave mission as solo air raider

Attached: Phantasy Dream.png (1280x896, 7K)

>FROM NOW ON WE'LL CALL THE LONG LEGGED AND SHORT LEGGED DEROYS LONG TYPE AND SHORT TYPE

Attached: calartssponge.png (1530x1006, 1.96M)

which stage/difficulties can I farm upgraded ghost chasers?

Sometimes, if you're lucky, you can catch Sarge singing

>minion burster burst
What a weapon. Shreds everything.

>5 has the same problem as 4.1 and locks up when you select to create a new save profile on linux
I guess I'll be missing out on most of the multiplayer.

youtube.com/watch?v=APHcNia4Nlo
Literally the Virgin vs Chad

>the civilians can evacuate themselves, focus on killing the aliens

Attached: 1531545641402.jpg (536x619, 407K)

Too bad the range is total shit and it has no ammo capacity, otherwise I'd use it over the Stork

>Mission 39 is right after
I'll pass

Is it normal that all audio behind your character is muted almost completely?

That foggy level with the Deroys spooked me good.
>Running down a street with the squad
>Watching the rooftops because I knew a Deroy was nearby
>Out from the fog without a sound, right where I was looking, comes its big fucking spiked foot at mach 10

Need 1 more for Yea Forumsdf Pass is rage on mission 34

How do wing divers dash?

L3

rmb

I get that too. It's like the game thinks it is using Surround Sound (for only a certain set of sounds) even if all you have is Stereo, resulting in both your 4 o'clock and 8 o'clock specifically being muted.

Right click

lmao i didn't know the released a dub

based

Attached: 534.png (903x713, 326K)

There are times where I get clipped into the rocks while farming mission 87 inferno. I just restart as there was no way I can go collect the weapon crates.

>mission 43
>it's the ending of the Wicker Man
fuuuuuck

leafierlemon.com/edf5/calc.shtml

Wait until 91 hardest or inferno if you want to know the true meaning of beeeeeeeeeeees

>mission 91
>it's (You) vs every ayy and insect in the cave

Attached: 1559672665673.jpg (358x358, 53K)

the fuck is happening on this site?

I mean the final assault on the hive, did i fuck that up? Is it mission 89 then? I'm a ps4 fag, finished with the game months ago, i'm glad to see a new batch of people enjoying themselves.

Any Yea Forums lobbies up no pirates

The MLRA has saved my ass so many times against flying enemies
It's too bad it's worthless against most everything else, because I'd keep it around at all times otherwise

>get to Beijing to defend it from the aliens and bugs
>can't tell the difference between the civilians and bugs

Attached: 1483942585445.jpg (574x695, 95K)

i beat stage 33 but i cant make a game for stage 34?!??! what do

HAIL EDF

Attached: Clipboard01.jpg (1174x627, 629K)

shoot the big ones

>telling the difference
>he doesn't level entire blocks because "BUILDINGS PROVIDE COVER HURR"

Attached: [laughing harder].png (525x809, 822K)

How do I beat these fuckers? I can only take on a few before they shred me to pieces.
Playing Ranger.

Attached: EDF5-9-22-2016-44.jpg (1920x1080, 547K)

Any guarenteed ways to reduce lag? I could barely play the first 2 levels, already put it in windowed and turned off gsync what else can I do?

Use gun

Yeah it's 89. There's also that mission where you fight 5-6 queens.

High altitude is the winner this game. All missile launchers on the fencer need a lot of upgrades to be useful, but the HA takes the biscuit. It has options as well with the jump jet. Pair with a spine driver or pile bunker and use it to soften up hordes and spike during the reloads. Pair with arm hound and get fully mobile intano circus and lastly go for double and when in mid air from a dash jump on the other weapon use the air time to get some seconds of reloading in. Arcane loses out on everything and the last version even loses to the HA in theoretical dps as well.

youtube.com/watch?v=fSI7N0mAseY

Shoot armor to break it, then shoot the ayylmao inside.

They don't look anything like humans!

New Hard lobby up, doing mission 23 onward
Name: vee
password: rage

does it work in caves

asking cause i just got it but am on cave mission

>aim heavy mortar up at dropship
>fire
>out of fucking nowhere a drone flies overhead, intercepts the shot and kills me with the explosion

Attached: Tama.png (750x419, 378K)

They are disgusting!

That one's pretty easy, even on higher difficulties where they add death queens because the enemies are basically pods, so you take them out one at the time.

EDF!

If its the first mission you find them you gotta use buildings and pray they don't surround you too hard, after beating a few of them the mission ends in retreat. Don't try to run away, they will catch up. I used a fast firing semi-auto shotgun to burst down one at a time and take cover in the buildings to reload while having as many AI companions to spread the aggro as I could.

In the 2nd DLC there's a mortar with both huge blast radius and damage.

But it floats slowly and takes a whole minute to reload. I guess it's a Leviathan missile that doesn't require an air raider to guide it.

That's like how stardust weapons are one of the best for wing divers, but they carry the huge risk of killing yourself with it the moment anything is in the way.

So what is a good Fencer setup? I'm at Mission 20ish or shortly after you start fighting froggers that totally look absolutely identical to humans. I'm using the shotgun cannon/hammer and shotgun cannon/Stake driver right now.

>open area
>giant frogs
>double Blood Storm
Hehehe

use it with the tool that lets you unload the whole payload on a single tagret

Attached: 20190714171032_1.jpg (1920x1080, 478K)

Ha

Attached: 1532755413603m.jpg (1024x719, 136K)

Imagine some shitter who manage to aggro every one of them at the same time

newshit still somewhat early in the game making room
starting from mission 12

room name: Yea Forumsdf deploys
pw: rage
buyfag lobby

Attached: image0.jpg (720x720, 31K)

Someone please fucking tell me who voices Sarge because I swear to fuck he sounds like Optimus Prime sometimes.

If EDF is a PMC, where is the US/Russian/Chinese/French/UK/Jap Armed forces?

Attached: 1552864521443.jpg (1024x862, 96K)

Of course not, they're pretty hard to use on flat ground as well. They pop out of the tubes fairly low and drop a couple of feet before firing 100meters into the sky, if you're running to the sides one can hit the ground at certain parts of the running animation cycle. Running on rubble and it's a 50% chance of self explosion, launch during the latter two thirds of a boost jump and you'll die as they keep your momentum and smash into the ground with you. I swear they've even hit the ground when standing still as well. I don't think there's another missile in the game that takes your momentum with it. You'll have to try pretty hard to alive with them before you learn to maximise their application on the enemy. Arm hound might work in caves though, they're accurate and fast but don't do that much damage.

the us forces died in 2020 from obesity in the canon

it's fully sorry.

Generally you'll want shotgun/melee weapon then two long range weapons
I like the Blasthole Spears and heavy cannons

The risk is what makes them great. I miss the old 150mm whale cannon, huge aoe but likely to wipe your team regularly.

are you fucking serious

Attached: 1007040_20190714191721_1.png (1600x900, 1.9M)

Their bullets are stuck and they lost all their magazines

After I picked up the cannon shot and the gallic heavy cannon I never took either off

Blasthole/Cannon Shot
Gallic Heavy Cannonx2

Literally works for every single encounter. Kind of made things a little boring since I never wanted to change my setup, piercing and huge damage is just too good to give up

Enjoy the pink floyd laser show.

Oh ya, that's a good mission

Anyone know if there's a way to edit a save file for this? I already put so much time into EDF on ps4 and I really dont like the idea of having grind all that progress out again

It's literally impossible. There's just too many cannons on the second phase...

Maybe in this world there are no more regular armies and EDF is the only armed force on the planet.

Credits say its Michael Szuc

Use a sniper. It made it much easier for me.

My Lysander takes at least 4 slow ass shots to kill one cannon. I don't want to but I guess I'll drop to normal just to get past it...

>sandlot is an EDF conveyor now
Zangeki no Reginlev 2 when

>join lobby 15 seconds late
>they don't restart to add another player
Fags

Anyone know where I can get the multiplayer crack on its own? I already have the game installed.

>red drones
>"not this shit again, at least their projectiles have flight speed"
>have lasers instead
But why. At least they're extremely rare so far.

I thought Yea Forums had shit taste in video games, how come you guys like this game

use not a lysander

Because its niche and gimmicky and shit and no one likes it despite how amazingly awesomely fun it is

>mfy ayylmao flamethrower unit

Attached: 46464684.gif (500x338, 1.32M)

>mission where my best bet to win is to keep the NPCs alive to draw aggro as I kill
>faggot WON'T STOP FUCKING WALKING RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY SHOTGUN BARREL AT POINT BLANK AS I'M FIRING IT

Attached: 1559589555324.png (808x637, 36K)

US or Russian forces were probably the ones that used the tactical nukes on the ships

You mean laser unit.
Yeah, they are bullshit

Wouldn't recommend 4 second. Wing Diver's lack of mobility is going to bring tears to the eye going back.

Haha, nope. Trust me, the flamethrower's way worse than the laser sniper.

Besides chaining dashes into boost jumps, how can I maximize my speed as a Fencer? I want to become the fastest.

Attached: 1515305934108.jpg (1200x960, 653K)

Starting a room, mission 23 on hard.
Name is Vidya Defense Force, password is rage.

nope, I meant flamethrowers user.
They don't hurt much but they're blinding.

Robots > Frogs

Prove me wrong.

Attached: edf dance.webm (1280x690, 2.94M)

Is EDF a series that's worth playing for the single player? 50 bucks for EDF5 is too much for me personally.

There's cracked multiplayer apparently (though I don't know where to find the crack on its own)

Assuming he isn't doing insane shit and has the caps on. Wing diver wouldn't be breaking 1k plus in the early levels.

Its not the amount, its the fact its showing up at all. Unless its changed from 4.1, the character should be auto lowered to the max before match start.

Plus nobody wants their save corrupted because some faggot needed a shit ton of armor and all the weapons in one game.

How do you play Air Raider?
He doesnt have a gun and everything is on a long cooldown.

Eh, get it on a sale if you're only going to play solo.

>frogs are cute
>flying frogs are cuter
>dismemberment mechanic is neat
>tripods are better than robutts

Multiplayer, turrets, or a limpet gun.

the robots were slow and shitty way less interesting to fight than the frogs/ayys in 5

Crawlers and turrents + tight tunnel. As long as you can set it up you're good.

>Long cooldown
Some of the airstrikes reload in three seconds or less.

he starts with a limpet gun and your turrets "reload" passively.
also mecha suits

5 changed it from 4. If you beat it on hard. It counts as beating it on normal & easy for that class too. Hell of a lot less tedious now and really no reason to start on normal unless you want to take it casual and build up armor.

Please join

Attached: EDF TUUBES.png (680x425, 206K)

Pirate or goodboi?

Non-pirate.

>that top left soldier

Attached: 1505700044449.jpg (600x528, 39K)

drop the limpet, replace it with turrets. get one of those beacon based airstrike weapons that reloads quickly like the autocannon or some shit like that, the rest is up to you.

Attached: EDF5 Screenshot 2019.07.12 - 18.38.26.24.png (1920x1080, 2.69M)

>Carrying team as Fencer, exercising my FAST
>They regularly drag me down, I'm happy to do my best
>They die, disconnect without a word
Feels bad man

Fencer animation cancelling still in?

Bullet Girls Phantasia on PC confirmed?

quitters are shitters who refuse to adjust their loadouts/tactics, you're better off without them

the game got a crack with fully working online multiplayer so every poorfag can play, where are all the Yea Forums lobbies?

Attached: 20190714185211_1.jpg (1214x683, 348K)

Use the double spine driver

The Hectors could be dealt with in close combat by automatic weapons as you could shoot their chest and they'd get a massive case of lordosis and miss all their shots, this way they could have threatening weapons but still be dealth with. The Frogs and Ayys don't, which makes them bullshit, especially the latter Ayys with lasers, flamethrowers, and rocket launchers. They also love to spam back rolls to get out of your effective range which makes them annoying as fuck.

>The Frogs and Ayys don't
Shoot them in the arm

No, instead you get multiple dashes in a row that you upgrade with gear, and can jump after a dash boost to do a fuckhuge long jump

Did you miss how you can shoot the arm holding the gun off?

You are wrong. It's very easy to stagger the frogs and ayys to death with just a ranger's rifle, the only ones that are troublesome are the heavy infantry aliens and they don't hit very hard.

still have room for one more on mission 13

nah but you can get skills that lets you do triple jumps and scale entire skyscrapers with ease

Attached: 1562971545186.png (599x658, 270K)

Switched to Eagle G1 and used it secondary to my G&M-A23. I love those heavy bullets so much. Did clear on hard.
>tfw the victory music kicks in

Attached: 1007040_20190714195442_1.png (1600x900, 1.99M)

>Arguing between soldier and different soldier
>Not arguing between jetpack waifu and WALKING GODDAMN TANK!

About to join

Fire the Requiem Cannon!

>queen bee stagger "animation" is just her ragdolling for two seconds
lel

>we cannot turn back, we can only fight to the last man
Made me fight those bugs as hard as I could

Attached: 1461692680582s.jpg (205x249, 13K)

>WALKING
Only if they're shit at Fencer

Devoted following, much like musou fanboys.

Hey guys heres a pic of me and my cute wife saving the earth from aliens while were on our honeymoon!

Attached: ss_a6c3edd5b2edf43bc353f6278c7667d67bbc425a.600x338.jpg (600x337, 61K)

This is the Wing Diver. Say something nice to her.

Attached: Wing Diver.png (850x1206, 1.42M)

Redpill me. How does 5 stack up against 4.1? Been looking at it but haven't pulled the trigger yet, and I've heard literally nothing about it so far.

I want to cum in you.
Pirate lobby? 20-30?

>Why'd you join the army?
>Oh, some reason.

>voice transmission mentions the EDF by name one time in a multiplayer game
>"EDF!" "EDF!" "EDF!"
like clockwork

Man the WDs are just straight up mean to each other when they're talking.

Tell the truth, Yea Forums. Do you glance at her ass most of the time when playing as her?

>spend the entire mission dodging and strafing while calling airstrikes at my feet in order to buy time for my team mates

Attached: 1475198837418.jpg (551x865, 372K)

I haven't tried Fencer in 5 yet. Do you still dash cancel like in 4.1?

>Are you a Onions Sauce or a Katchup person?
The fuck kind of question is that?

>Why'd you get married?
>FOR JUSTICE!

You play 4.1
It's that but better polished and with perfectly normal humans

I'm honestly disappointed in how little I do, my attention is firmly on the bugs

They fucked up the song, but everything else is 100% better.

Dismembering frogs/10

I use anime wives as bug bait

Attached: bait.png (1884x1060, 3.85M)

Nips. The silly dialogue makes a lot more sense when you remember a lot of it is probably literal translation from Japanese.

>What do you like on your sunny-side-up eggs?

only on downtime

Did the same thing, joined open games with ridiculous players with my 700hp characters to get access to the level 91 weapons and then got bored shortly after because you still can't play in the high levels with 700hp and the great weapons made the earlier levels boring and I have no self control.

youtube.com/watch?v=qqJNf2l9Xz0&feature=youtu.be&t=15

They fly faster than Wing Divers

What's the best strat for mission 39? Two ant mothers and fucking red drones. How???

>the edf song is literally about getting massacred by bugs
At least they're self aware.

Attached: 1481801456745.png (128x128, 27K)

Still waiting for Sandlot to make a Robot Alchemic Drive sequel.

Attached: Mobile Fortress Balam.jpg (1920x1080, 549K)

Use gun

Shoot stuff.

It show up, but it should be highlighted red.

I am about 30 missions in and have only been playing Wing Diver.
I feel like mixing it up but don't really want to go back to earlier missions to figure out the other classes.
Am I ok playing a new class for the first time on like mission 30?

Look at this tiny ass web. Some cute mini aranea must have made this.

Attached: 20190714214746_1.jpg (1920x1080, 452K)

And if that doesn't work, use more gun

Go squad up with the grim reapers when they arrive, don't agro the queens before that.

Holy fuck YES!!!

Is this just spamming dash, or is there some fuckery going on that I should know about?

Not exactly, but there is this
youtube.com/watch?v=1kUzC2y1ro8

FUCK I WALKED INTO IT FOR SHITS AND GIGGLES AND ITS TOO TINY TO SHOOT I'M SLOWLY DYING AND CAN'T DO SHIT ABOUT IT

Attached: 1547843701178.png (258x365, 69K)

I play in Japanese. Fuck understanding what I'm doing.

it's spamming a combination of dash, jump, and their twinspear weapon. The weapon causes you to dash forward when you use it.

AAAAAAAA SAVE MEEEE

I miss the Wing diver's laser ponytails bros....

Most of it is. In Japanese, they do the same "they look like humans", "I can't shoot them" thing. So it isn't just a goofy localization.

Cycling horizontal boost, vertical jump, and weapon shot. Boosts work very well off of each other now, so it's great to have one weapon that does boost, like a blasthole, and one that does jump, like a dexter shotgun/cannon shot. you'll also need secondary equipment that grants extra boosts/jumps

You fucking bellend user

Attached: Laughingalmondwhores.jpg (700x466, 52K)

Are you a onions sauce or ketchup person?

I miss her subtle tiddy physics

Always have the eyes on the prize.

Attached: wing diver butt.webm (658x606, 1.83M)

how demanding is 5 compared to 4

No way, bug.

I want to _be_ a grim reaper!

Attached: 1555448935569.jpg (2048x1193, 327K)

tfw ants are invading my home. But they have increased in number since I started playing EDF.

is there a way to force a custom resolution? I'd like to play couch coop with a bro on two screens and relive the 2017 days before multiplayer health scaling bullshit

>brother is a ranger
>gets swarmed and dies every mission
>on 44, where the dropships are in a circle, have to kill all the ships myself
>rez him
>only a few ants and 1 red frog left
>have to get the door
>he died to him

goddamn I think ranger is shit

nah ranger is good, at least solo

I just bought this. What class do I play if I want to be a run and gun shotgun man?

now at mission 40 - hard
1 spot open

So yea cheater. I've had a few myself in my games with double the armor of ranger max yet not red.

Your friend just is

wing diver, the rapier is basically a continuous automatic laser shotgun

Does anyone have that Gigachad version with the Air Raider, I need it.

Anyone else have shit framerate? I have a fucking 1080 and I get drops, run other games just fine.

Attached: 1560829682835.png (1000x815, 676K)

that is a table of what level items drop in which level at which difficulty. you use that in conjunction with

weapon.edf.jpn.com/5_eng/w.html

where it would show the weapon levels.

so if there is a particular item you want to farm for, get the weapon level, then refer to the stage/difficulty and just farm weapon crates there

Thanks doc

Any but air raider

>friend cant play due to terrifying fear of spiders
Fuck

God the devs new exactly what they were doing for this redesign

I think blowing them to pieces would help with that

why

Attached: 20190714220937_1.jpg (1920x1080, 588K)

Because fuck you.

can you draw fags give us an edf monopoly squad

Attached: dts.png (500x333, 67K)

bro just dodge

I was never too hot on the Wing Diver's meme weapons in 4.1 but they're alright in this game sometimes.

Attached: 20190714204450_1.jpg (2560x1440, 1.05M)

Is there a Yea Forums room open?

Which is the most hipster class? We all know fencer is the most normie class

search Yea Forums
1/4 Hard mode

>MLRA
>radar support equipment
>stork rifle
wow look it's nothing.

Label who should be what.

Stop making these threads gyro

Ranger

>We all know fencer is the most normie class
The most normie is raider. Like 90% of players are playing it because it takes no skill to throw a airstrike and call in a giant overpowered mech.

Dilate

But also this. We need to move to /vg/ already

3/4

youtube.com/watch?v=KF32DRg9opA

>Guy making it rain
Air Raider
>Guy getting money showered on him
Fencer
>Microphone guy
Sarge
>Guy praying
Wing Diver
>Guy on floor
Ant
>Guy in jail
Frog
>Guy in back
Ayy

air raider getting rained on by fencer
soldier in jail on the board and behind
wing diver on the mic and praying.

Those niggers should be priority number one anytime you see them, they're basically instant death if they get in range

fuck it is better

run in windowed mode, or try forcing vsync off through nvidia control panel or etc

Give me a quick rundown on the non-mission DLC

Sounds good, I'll screen this and go for it later user. Also Sarge is a ranger iirc, right?

joke stuff

How the fuck is Fencer for normies? Their IQ is too fucking low to even play them.

Joke items and some other stuff that gets quickly outclassed.

Just like real life.

ah fuck

Attached: qfZkFMe[1].png (1920x1080, 3.14M)

okay thanks, can safely avoid that, then

Waifu pillow swords and idol statue power boosts

>assault beetles that home in on enemies
>they actually don't
?

theres alot of stuff that doesnt work as it says
like shotguns
they say it penetrates but it doesnt
same with some of the other weapons

>King Spider has basically no gravity once airborne and can effectively be stunlocked with ease after it's knocked off the ground

Yeah, slightly different armour from the grunts

still going at mission 17 now with 1 slot open

How the fuck do I blow up transport ships as Air Raider?

Use your vehicle!

fuck me that was a slog

Attached: btfo.jpg (1920x1080, 1.04M)

>''i killed 8 of those last time, time to break my record!''
>gets 1 shotted

>they say it penetrates but it doesnt
This is a damned lie. The spread and damage falloff at distances hurt its ability to kill the thing behind what it just killed, but its pellets are definitely continuing on

>we will change this guerilla's codename to "Storm"
>and you, are Storm One from now on

Attached: 1515878599289.jpg (933x356, 194K)

>Armored Vehicle rape AP1

Attached: 1544527462809.jpg (659x609, 365K)

>join a lobby
>ready up without looking at the mission
>5 seconds pass
>other people in the lobby still aren't ready
>leave
wow, this game is fucking shit.

Good job anons, don't worry, there's no other mobile base takedown mission in forever.

The frogs will win

Attached: kek.jpg (700x690, 140K)

>armored ayys
why are they so fucking nimble

Just installed the FitGirl Repack because poorfag, the multiplayer crack is using the Steamworks Spacewar method. Will this shit get me banned?

Attached: spc.png (633x151, 6K)

Because they're the lightly armored ones

not for me they arent
unless its some weird form of penetration where they disappear soon after penetrating a target

yes, gaben is headed to your house to execute you right now

steam accounts are free, if you're paranoid, just make a new one.

You can toss singing anime girls onto people and vehicles to annoy them

Attached: 20190714181838_1.jpg (2560x1440, 1.02M)

>everybody's focusing the smaller turrets
>genocide gun powers up and destroys a whole street
>everybody starts shooting the genocide gun
GGs that was fun

use a throwaway account user

They disappear at the end of their effective range, which for shotguns is much shorter than everything else as I recall

ok then my game is fucked or something because they dont penetrate for me
or else i would have actually used them

I can't see how anyone can enjoy killing frogs, they're too similar to humans. This isn't the same as killing insects or mechs, or godzillas. My conscience has to draw the line somewhere.

I played pirated 4.1 with the Spacewar thing all the time and never got banned

Just pretend they are the french and it makes it a lot easier

At least the other aliens don't look anything like humans

AHHHHHH EHY WON'T THESE RED DRONES DIE

they'll destroy earth if you don't. this is war

>throwable singing anime girls DLC is more than double the price of the other DLCs
those japs know their audience

Attached: 1557951066457.jpg (1024x1004, 100K)

So this is what the alien mastermind looks like...

This?

Attached: Genocide gun.webm (650x364, 2.93M)

What's the best class for making xenos fear the wrath of humanity and why is it air raider?

Just like us, we should have known

Is there some kind of trick to playing multiplayer on a pirated version? I'm not able to connect to a friend's game.

Attached: 143675500828469.gif (300x200, 501K)

>twin spear sucks balls
>get an upgrade that make it fire 1.9 times a second
>now it's godly
heh

>I've seen aliens deploy giant walkers to destroy Earth on animes, but I never thought I'd see this in real life...
>animes

any pirate lobbies up

So this is basically 3D risk of rain?

>Air Raider has good taste
>Air Raider has such power central command got afraid and tried to lock it away
how can the other classes compete?

Attached: 1308907864411.jpg (568x726, 41K)

steamworks fix
both of you need it

>So this is basically 3D risk of rain?
Isn't that Risk of Rain 2?

mega.nz/#!pJtAVYpZ!9QS2RbEZBn6Uea41mldrjgqjuCxYoJdk3xh1hTR8WRE
put this in your ass

>3D risk of rain
user I have some good news.

That's some silky smooth recording, what software did you use?

It's not a rougelike

It was because of them, George was eaten. You must avenge George.

>start mission with about a dozen ai teammates
>"accidentally" aggro 4 mother monsters
>down to 2
oops

No it's Dynasty Warriors with guns and ants

>Air Raider used to be the patrician class, main focus was vehicles
>takes forever to call down vehicles now, meanwhile air strikes are stupidly spammable and the entire class feels like easy mode
Is Fencer now the patrician class?

His name is "Air Raider". Why would vehicles be his main focus?

>Crimson in the background

It's the little things

is there a list of the weapon drop ranges on missions?

RAD with a real camera and online play and really online plays the only important part. this would be a game i would play forever.

obs
It's free. Just make a ''game capture'' in the ''sources'' tab and specify which window it needs to record

>vehicles come from air drops
>raider implies mobility
>it's probably an awkward nip translation anyway

I miss hectors having the buggiest fucking arms, just getting in close and watching them flail around desperately. Even better was sticking one with a decoy or getting your vehicle punted across the map by them.

To be fair, when rotation is translated as
>swirl
i think its reasonable to think its a bad translation.

Protect all Wing Diver squads.

>raider implies mobility
user...

Attached: file.png (428x90, 3K)

Thanks user

Attached: 15386313665852.gif (500x311, 158K)

any good ways to destroy the teleport ships as air raider without a limpet gun?

Attached: 1558864833339.jpg (1920x1080, 505K)

Tanks or Starfalls

Two open spots now, mission 19.

Attached: 1562665987596.jpg (1920x1080, 546K)

>this fucking stealth mission
what the fuck

>The terrible and cheesy voice acting is done on purpose to sound like old sci-fi horror movies and badly dubbed japanese monster movies.

I honestly don't know how people could think it's not 1000% deliberate.

>air raider
>supposed to be the resident vehicle and air strike class
>the gunships are about the only truly strong options
>youre both more mobile and more deadly outside of your vehicle ./ mech
whats the point?

Attached: 1556820889362.jpg (670x767, 70K)

>Snipers are shit
How fucking wrong. Like, there is nothing else you use rangers for but snipers and shotguns and maybe epsilon railguns.

pirate or?

Honestly, Wing Diver should've been called Air Raider, and Air Raider should've been called something like Radioman or Observer.

>Two mortars
>Two force blades
Fix your shit

>Air raider
>The one doing air raids
>You don't play as a bomber pilot
How boring.

>play for 3 hours
>feel sick of the game
>do something else for an hour
>get the urge to start up EDF5 again

This cycle has been going on since yesterday.

that's old
I got 4 blood storms 8+ now

buyfag lobby

>>people complain about the voices
Who? How dumb do you have to be to know its intentionally shit
I mean watch this:
youtu.be/wjVRKdj_YPs
Its not even coherent english
"these is the primers which is attacking us and invading the mankind"

Snipers are shit in EDF5
They all have abysmal dps compared to pretty much every other weapon class
They didnt change their stats from 4.1 whereas all the other weapons got an upgrade to scale with the new enemies

to not know*

>waterfags

Holy shit do the Grim Reapers dance after every level? I didn't dance and they were partying.

What class is the best for anime-tier missile barrages? Does Ranger get a remotely useful missile launcher?

FUCK red drones

Attached: red drone.webm (450x252, 2.92M)

THIS.. IS THE EDF COMMANDER.

Air Raider has a mobile missile launcher that's dope. It can't take any hits, but if you sit back you can rain fire from half the field.

Rangers missiles are god tier
The ones that shoot like 20 small missiles at one target are super satisfying
Fencer has some good ones too

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE THE TINY ONE FOR ONCE YOU ALIEN SHITS?
all those missed weapons and armor crates...

Attached: Barga_Render.png (461x431, 312K)

two spots open mission 19

How to do mission 28? Shit is kicking my ass.

I wish vegaltas had more ammo

>not using cheats to instantly collect all boxes
Fuck desperately rolling around trying to grab the boxes before the mission ends because the NPCs killed the last enemy.

Ranger is mostly direct fire stuff and small-scale guided. Fencer gets big dick rockets but most of the really big ones need an AR.
AR can call in cruise missiles and summon a mobile launcher that spams them like nothing else, and also gets the Guide Beacon Gun which lets you lock on to one target multiple times.

Good to know the EDF universe doesn't condone crummy pokemon creatures.

Be thankful that those fucks barely appear, if at all, in later levels on the easier difficulties. I think you see them maybe one more time on normal.

Do higher level Nix get faster? Love the firepower and armor but they're pretty shit on mobility if you don't time the jumps just right.

I still don't get the appeal of the fencer, I've gotten to mission 35 alternating between the classes evenly and fencer is the only one that's consistently not fun to play as.

Some people dont like to cheat retard

>people saying limpets are useless
When you unlock the high-level limpet snipers they can take out drones and most enemies in a single shot. They also instantly kneecap frogs.

Yes, it also depends on which type you use. Flamethrower nixes are fucking fast by comparison to heavy artillery versions

>hasnt even gotten to the type b red drones

Nothing wrong with saving time in a grindy game. It's not like you're giving yourself infinite HP.

how?

youtube.com/watch?v=UhE42Noj1Lw

Because no other class has firepower or tech equal to that of the ayys

Huh? They must be vulnerable to water. I'm just gonna go down to the pub to grab a pint and wait for a rainstorm and this whole thing to blow over.

Ultra fast heavily armored big fucking guns, what's not to like?

Attached: 1544689134169.jpg (900x981, 604K)

only you pick up every health drop so you basically do have infinite hp

>not using cheats to instantly collect all boxes
Is the api up already?
Because i just finished the game on normal and don't want to do any mode other than inferno without insta box collection.

Why yes I do main Wing diver how could you tell?

Attached: xfb8ogv5rn301.jpg (1439x1786, 234K)

I meant collecting lootboxes at the end.

How do you play it?

by being a little scared bitch

Is a trainer already out?

playing it wrong clearly

I have and they're honestly not as bad as the earth eater laser. They're bigger, get launched less after being shot, and are worse at hiding behind buildings. And they feel about the same amount of tough.

Severe case of butterface.

If you can kneecap a froq with one shot you can probably just blow his head off if you aim it right.

MILK

Yes.

Damn that didn't take long.

Kneecaps have lower HP, and I like executing the frogs by putting a limpet in each of their eyes desu

The bigger the explosions, the slower you go
The highest tier flamethrower mecha fast AF

YOU WILL RUIN MY MISSIONS NO LONGER, TONIGHT THE EDF DINES ON TURTLE SOUP

Attached: 20190714235624_1.jpg (1920x1080, 690K)

>keep boosting through ayy legs
These guys are too damn tall

A part of me really feels the ranger needed a third weapon slot. To many many missions make you feel pigeonholed into weapon choices a little too much. Rifle/shotgun slot, sniper/rocket/missile slot, special weapon slot, gear slot. Granted it's not as bad as 4.1 where you would have to restart a level half way through because you couldn't reach one dropship or something, as most rifles can reach them fine for the most part.

why haven't you bought the day 1 DLC yet Yea Forums?

Attached: ss_acf41259485548ce618a6990e38feed62377ed1f.jpg (1920x1080, 288K)

Some of the textures in this game are very high-res (4096x4096).

Ultra kino mission
Just wait for the next barga one

Opening lines of dialogue and discussing peace will lead us to a diverse and progressive society user.

because i dont support jewish business practices

too bad the lighting still sucks

How to kill red drones? Nothing works on them. How are homing missiles missing?

>WE MUST CRACK DOWN ON ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS!
>UNDERSTOOD!

Attached: tbjrtgcyrp1smkl8oowo.png (1014x863, 1.35M)

>filename
Those are goddamned PISTACHIOS you nincompoop.

>WD thighs get all wet and glistening in the rain

Attached: 20190714220214_1.jpg (2560x1440, 1.16M)

Newfag

HNNGGGG

Anyone got webms of the Ranger cycle? Wanna see if it seems worth unlocking.

sniper or just get better missiles, check the speed and homing ability

shoot them with gun

Having to pick up boxes is stupid and bad game design

>worth unlocking
???

>First negotiation team gets exterminated
>B-but they're immigrants of peace we need to discuss not fight
>mfw they probably all get vaporized

Attached: 1560016370710.jpg (342x342, 56K)

shit taste
box autism is literally the biggest enjoyment for me

So the EDF series is another nationalist wankfest, like GATE was.

>play wing diver
>pull out phalanx
>fly up and shoot
>first hit sends them flying backwards so the rest of the lasers miss
Fuck red drones.

Is it not an unlock?

But those are literally lootboxes with random item inside. You support bad business practice

>>>/r*ddit/

Attached: illust_43852394_20190422_070759.jpg (689x800, 76K)

you dont have to unlock anything in edf 5 you just get it from drops
once you have it thats it
iron rain requires you to unlock shit

If you replace EDF with JGSDF It all makes sense

God damn I love blasting Immigrants with my shotgun

>ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION AND ILLICIT WORK?
>WE MUST EVICT THEM!

>multiple over 500 posts per thread, day after day after day
Feels good.

Attached: thumbs_up_BW.jpg (301x267, 44K)

What is with Sarge and his laser obsession?

Yeah, the Japanese have uncanny ultranationalist tendencies sometimes. Just look at the Space Battleship Yamato series.

>Look out for the red immigrants, they're tougher than the black immigrants!

Attached: 152364586597070.webm (1920x816, 2.74M)

edf 5 is top of the top sellers list on steam rn
its over 3x as popular as 4.1
strange

>Yeah, the Japanese have uncanny ultranationalist tendencies sometimes.
So in other words, they're act normal.

You know what the fuck I mean, you goddamn autist.

The series has been getting more popular over the years so its not that much of a surprise that 5 is doing better than 4.1

no i legitimately didnt
what do you mean by "is it worth unlocking"? you dont get to choose what you unlock its random

>later mission sitreps keep mentioning "elite strike force" because they want to avoid acknowledging that they're literally out of people to fight with

Attached: 1467065954353.png (424x501, 399K)

He was the very first person to discover the transport ship's weakness. He gets to lead this universe's Omega Team. He's the man who trained Storm 1 the Hero. He has the right to get uppity about his laser.
Speaking of transport ships, it feels like they barely existed in 5 compare to 4.

Rough, got things to do tonight still. Will probably do proper lineart tomorrow.

Attached: edf1req2.png (2048x1760, 1.58M)

It's a weird, fun, niche, title that's finally getting recognition. Nothing strange about that. Most people simply didn't know it existed, and it jives with the general tastes of PCfags more than consolefags.

Shit, I didn't even know about EDF until half a year ago, someone recommended 4.1 to me. Pirated it and was blown away. Bought 5 as soon as I saw it was available.

C'mon people, join up, get money, get benefits, what's not to like?

There is a chunk of dialogue I heard in game where someone is talking on the radio that goes something like
>we have overcome our differences of nations, language, skin color and politics on our world. Now is a greatest test towards peace. We can still open dialogue with the aliens and can resolve this through peaceful means.
>Its not that we cant discuss this with the aliens, they dont seem to want to talk, were like pests to them
>they will see things our way eventually

The implication is that there is no standing military because everyone is allies and earth is like Star Trek tier planet of peaceful prosperity, the EDF are like world police in this universe.

These level 40+ maps sure take a long time to load. I even have the game on my SSD...

>someone asks sarge to give them the laser
>NO, I'M THE ONLY ONE WHO UNDERSTANDS THE LASER!

Already fucking great.
>tfw Intel leader suggests sending all the unarmed evacuees at The Nameless One just to give the soldiers more time to shoot

Attached: Dear Christ.jpg (700x1690, 157K)

Fucking nice, user.

>So the EDF series is another nationalist wankfest, like GATE was.
In case you didn't realize Japan is ultra racist. Anything foreign is considered shithouse in comparison to Japan.

Its hilarious because the country is literally dying, 1.3M deaths last year and only 900k births, should be a ghost town in a few more decades if they dont completely undo their backwards ass culture.

You're forgetting that in the early missions, everyone thinks that it's state-sponsored terrorism.

That is technically unlocking. Are you really this stupid? I'm asking if the motorcycle is worth playing enough of Ranger to eventually unlock. I know you get weapons and vehicles from pick ups but you have to make progress to get better pick ups. So that is technically unlocking. Holy fuck.

Attached: 1562124544561-v.jpg (503x675, 36K)

>So the EDF series is another nationalist wankfest

Dude it's a joke

It takes like five missions for the EDF grunts to realize the giant saucers in the sky firing death star lasers at cities and sending in horrifying death drones are aliens rather than THE TERRORISTS

>FULLY DEVELOPED, OVERCROWDED, FIRST WORLD NATIONS NEED TO CONTINUOUSLY GROW EVEN WHEN THEY DON'T HAVE THE ROOM TO DO SO
No

>Shoot both arms off a grey
>"Phew not a threat for a few seconds ,let's blast his fuck buddy"
>Armless grey turns around and runs in front of the rockets I shot, absorbing the hits.
>His friend continued firing and turn me into a paste on the sidewalk.

There really is some magic going on with the ai in this one.

You don't even have to play ranger to unlock it though.

since the other user is being pedantic, the motorcycle is decently strong, takes practically nothing to request, but will spaz out at the slightest incline and send you flying

>1.3M deaths last year and only 900k births, should be a ghost town in a few more decades if they dont completely undo their backwards ass culture.

I heard they were slowly coming back from that in the recent decade or so. Maybe Abe's RAISE A FAMILY propaganda is starting to work?

good shit user

it's not strange, there's support for korean and chinese and is cheaper in those regions, a lot of buyfag lobbies are those people

Attached: abe_job_done.jpg (479x308, 36K)

forget it. You already called it with autism. The hyper literalist mind won't distinguish between a 'drop' and an 'unlock'.

Is it worth it? No. Just play. If you get a vehicle, run with it. If not, who cares. Vehicles are kinda shit generally because physics, but when they work, the they're powerful. You don't even need to play classes to get their gear, so use what you got and have fun rather than worrying much over getting this or that.

Why should they keep growing population wise?
The planet can't handle the amount of people on it currently and Japan is starting to embrace automation, Isn't that better than trying to artificially raise the population?

Attached: 1528486064821.jpg (1024x768, 121K)

There is plenty of space in Japan, its extremely poorly focused in its population densities which is just a failure of Japanese culture and design. Thats why economically they are a disaster and every aspect of Japan is devolving.

It very very slightly increased, not even close to enough though.

Here's an old video someone made of the bike back in the JP PS4 version.

youtube.com/watch?v=4PqDNhIXw-Q

That's a true point but don't you get more drops for the class you're playing? I'm fairly new to EDF.
That sounds perfect. Thanks.

This is unironically great

You need to achieve stable or growing population, Japan is actually shrinking and thats extremely bad news for an already struggling economy and country.

Fuck that looks fun. Appreciate it.

Attached: 1557682471405-v.jpg (367x479, 32K)

>nationalist wankfest
>involving a cast of characters from every country on the planet
>in a timeline where all of the countries of the world are allies
>in a game where nobody ever says the word "Japan"
hmmm

They then say that they are working together to discover who is behind it after discussing it, and then EDF says its Ayys and everyone starts asking them questions and seeking safety from the EDF headquarters. EVERYONE turned to EDF when the attacks happened expecting them to fix it because there is no other military.

You must be one of those "Japan must open their borders" assholes, without realizing it would ruin the country more than a decreasing population.

lol.

No, im just pointing out that Japan has had two decades of economic and social failure to the point where the last ten years have been called the 'lost decade'.

Its a stubborn and arrogant nation committing slow suicide.

>You must be one of those "Japan must open their borders" assholes, without realizing it would ruin the country more than a decreasing population.
>Largest booms in Japan were when foreign countries forced them to open
>Every single other period of Japanese history has been raping/being raped by China or being stagnated
Japs are overrated as fuck, if the US didnt save them post WW2 they would be as irrelevant as Korea.