Remakes two Mana games

>remakes two Mana games
>not just remaking the objectively best one

Seriously, this better be the next thing they do.

Attached: ps1_legend_of_mana_p_4ddort.jpg (300x300, 35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DFWTB3qsL9U
youtube.com/watch?v=_HRzKkD20YM
gameinformer.com/preview/2019/06/11/decades-in-the-making
youtube.com/watch?v=Yax6GFJR3cU
youtu.be/wPFUrOa41YU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

*three

Would the remake keep its opening song? It better.

Artstyle to soundtrack, no other game has topped it for being so damn comfy and relaxing. The crafting, farming, pets, even golems etc is amazing. I still play it every year.

youtube.com/watch?v=DFWTB3qsL9U

Attached: Larc.webm (640x360, 2.72M)

The opening and every other song.
It had the best soundtrack in the series, arguably one of the best in the PS1.
Though I fear that they might pull a "lets remake this soundtrack as well" like they did with that KH rerelease.

Why does this need a remake? It's in English and still looks great. Seiken Densetsu 3 on the other hand is a popular game that never got an official western release and is one of the glitchiest games on the SNES, which is what they can improve now if they don't fuck it up.

Doesn't need a remake. Still looks good and is still playable on all Sony consoles.

Agreed, I'm playing it again right now. Glad to see after 15 years I still don't know what goes on half the plot.

>why
People who start off replies with “why” are brainlets. Top kek didnt read your post after that word

All you said, plus it had some deep themes and dialogue, which I always appreciate in a rpg.

Also favorite song in the game youtube.com/watch?v=_HRzKkD20YM

Why?

But Sword of Mana is the best Mana game

People don't like it.
The combat's not great, but it's better than turn based. And everybody loved final fantasy.
The story's not focused at all, but that's a big plus for me. Every game as a "central, main story line". This one has TONS of unique story lines, literally take your pick which is your favorite. It's comfy too. There's no big bad you got to worry about at all times, and you're not the most important person in the world either.

Music is amazing. Art style is amazing. Weapon variety is surprisingly massive, could just use a little modern tweaking to make the combat system really shine.
Game has a looot of potential, if they were to just remake it, like the other manas.

Nobody said anything about "needing" a remake.
I want a remake because I want to see the remake brought back to life with current visuals so people can appreciate it like I did so many years ago.

The only thing that would need "remaking" is the gameplay as it concerns the extreme ambitiousness of crafting and the dull late/postgame of just mashing the same attack over and over again

This didnt work because you just cane off as butthurt

>The combat's not great, but it's better than turn based

The fuck you talking about, it had the same type of combat 3 had, and 3 is getting a remake regardless.
Legend of Mana combat was decent enough, kinda like a beat 'em up and I had a fun time playing with my brother. Hopefully if a remake happens they make a better combat system and keep the multiplayer mechanics.

Square has an absolute ton of interesting one-off games that never crossed the pond like Live A Live and Treasure of the Rudras, those would be more interesting remakes in my opinion. Would be on board for a LoM remake though.

I love Live A Live but that will never happen cuz it's not popular enough.
Square Enix doesn't bother with anything that they dont think is gonna sell.
The fact Mana games are getting remakes is amazing, considering they let that series die years ago.

They're also remaking Romancing Saga 3 which is from another dead IP(in the west) so who knows.

anyone who prefers this over som or sd3 is retarded. legend was literally the game that killed the franchise and its all been down hill since.

Remakes are always soulless and miss the true quality of the original. No exceptions. Be glad they didn't touch the best Mana game.

Attached: 31879-resident-evil-gamecube-front-cover.jpg (800x1124, 135K)

I want to fuck Daena

In the case of SD3 I think it's perfectly fine considering they localized the original SNES version too. The fan translation is ancient at this point.

I want to fuck Sierra

I'm the only one that liked Dawn of Mana.
Gameplay was poorly executed by the overall idea wasnt bad. Story was decent and I enjoyed playing through the areas.
It also had the second best soundtrack of the series, right after Legend.
Its one of those bad games that I end up loving somehow.

Legend of Mana needs a remaster, not a full remake.
Just redraw the backgrounds and sprites, but keep the core gameplay intact. Except maybe the tempering part. That could use an overhaul.

Agreed a Remake is not needed, especially because I don't trust nu-Square to not fuck up Legend of Mana. But a "Final Mix"-like remaster to give the combat an extra polish would be sweet, even if only to give the players an option to flee battles and to remove the i-frames issue.

I want to fuck Daena and Sierra in a threesome

I love how Tempering is still questioned to this very day.

There's nothing wrong with Tempering. The tutorial could be a bit better, the 4th card slot should be visible and an option to look your gear's stats inside the Forge would be nice, but otherwise it's easily one of the best item crafting systems in any RPG ever.

The Faerie/Dragon/Jumi quests were awesome. Throwing down to save all the dead Jumis and revive them with your tears

I never really thought about the waifus in that game but I would go for Sandra or Pearl myself.
For the longest time I thought Elazul was a girl so thats out of the list...

It doesn't need a remake, just an HD port.

gameinformer.com/preview/2019/06/11/decades-in-the-making
>10. The producers want to remake the entire series eventually, so there may be something for Legend of Mana if Trials of Mana sells well. They also want to eventually make new Mana games that channel the series' origins better.

I literally see no reason for a "remaster". Not just for this game but for any other.
A remake is a complete overhaul to make the game look like a current gen release.
Now a remaster barely changes anything, you might as well just go play the original.

Daena has huge furry titties and puffy pussy

The SNES remasters are done by a third party. We're likely to get more stuff that was never released outside Japan because it only costs SE minimal marketing dollars.

I liked it when I was young too, man.
But I don't think I could stomach playing it today.
It was pretty badly balanced. You were too strong. No reason to really use any of those extra moves you can equip. Which were each a bit clunky and difficult to land any way.
And I beat the game once back on the original ps1 and everything.

If they just tweaked a few stats, and tinkered with the animations a bit to be more satisfying and punchy, you'd have a really interesting and beat em up on your hands.
There's a lot they could do with it today though. I'm just worried about replicating the old art style and all that today. I actually really like the way the original 2 they've remade so far looked much better than their remakes.

>I thought Elazul was a girl
I had this confusion when I first played as a kid too. Also, Monique was pretty hot and weird.

Attached: Monique_(LoM_Artwork).png (502x600, 576K)

I want to get fucked by Larc

>tfw you walk into the fountain area and Diddle's playing
>tfw he stops playing and rides off
youtube.com/watch?v=Yax6GFJR3cU

Biggest problem with combat is how easy it is to get invincibility frames. Once you got Instrument Crafting, combat was over. All you needed to do was to craft a powerful spell that pushed enemies away and the long invincibility frames would make you literally unkillable as long as you kept chaining it. If you were too lazy to craft Instruments, lots of easily acessible Skill commands like Evade could also grant you invincibility frames that allowed you to breeze through the strongest attacks in the game unscathed.
Fix this problem, add an escape option and the combat would be 10x more enjoyable, even if still a bit exploitable.

Still, it's great that SE is letting them do the original versions. The new SD3 translation got extracted as well which means it's now playable on emulators and real SNES hardware, this is way better than being stuck with a shit fan translation like with Fire Emblem Thracia 776.
I would also love official translations of the SNES versions of FFV, DQIII, DQV and DQVI in this manner.

I'd rather see them tackle a game that was never finished and wasn't given the opportunity to live up to its true potential

Attached: salsa frontier.jpg (650x650, 95K)

>The new SD3 translation got extracted as well which means it's now playable on emulators and real SNES hardware
It occurs to me that this means there was likely a translation that was finished or partially finished and just never released.

>almost all weapons could make infinite combos by just repeating the first strike instead of doing the canned combos
>special moves were all useless
>bosses had to access the CD to do special attacks so there was always a 'stop and go' feel to the battles as they were invulnerable while the game was loading

Just tweaking the battle system to be more like a fighting game instead of the jank it was would improve the game immensely as everything else was on point.

Not entirely sure if this was true but I remember reading that there was a planned US release but deemed it not worth it because of time and how buggy SD3 is. There are multiple features in the game that flat out don't work like critical hits and Duran's shield, plus they cut out 3-player mode between SoM and SD3. Not sure if the Switch rerelease changed any of this.
I doubt this new translation is that old though, it doesn't really look like what Woolsey would have done from what I've seen.

Is it possible to emulate and play the Mana games with someone online?
I know you can probably host a room for another person as I did it for some SNES games but does Retroarch have like a online room that people can create and anyone online join?

I loved this game so much.
Yet I couldn't get into SF2 at all despite it having a higher budget and production values.

Scarlet Grace and Romancing SaGa 3 are soon, Frontier 1 is next one after them.
They'll give the good treatment.
Despite its buggy and rush development it's one of the most beloved entries and the creator has expressed much interest in doing it.

I only hope that it keeps its unique 2d art style.

Attached: alk.jpg (1280x720, 101K)

While not related to any series, I'd say it's not a stretch to expect Live a Live to also be a potential candidate. LaL's director already pitched it to SE a few years ago, if Mana/SaGa remakes start bringing up profit this wouldn't be surprising in the slightest.

Who was in the wrong here?

Attached: 71-097.png (640x448, 106K)

The player using that pet.

Jaaaag hörde eeeen nostalgisk såååång någonstans långt booort

Escad drew such a shitty lot when it came to the writing in the game.
The more you actually think about it, he is literally right about everything, but he just HAD to antagonize Daena because reasons. And Daena is a fucking saint who did absolutely nothing wrong, ever.
The real villain was Matilda. Bitch just wanted to watch the world burn. So glad her plans within plans fell apart at the last second and Irwin cucked her in the afterlife.

Attached: Matilda.gif (640x448, 1.78M)

DUB A DUB

It feels so weird how you wouldn't be able to tell by looking at them, but the Mana series has an actual goddamn continuity between them, and LoM is pretty much the one game which brings it all together.
Hell, it even explains why the games have different world maps: The face of the planet gets rearraged after major events such as the Mana Tree dying, which just seems to keep happening.

It took me a while to realize that Deathbringer in LoM and Thanatos in SoM are the same guy (I guess Thanatos just refused to actually die after what you did to him). So after you pretty much wrecked the empire, he comes back and reforms it and everyone is just straight-up brainwashed like all the people in his cult... aaaaaaand that's as far as they go with that.
But then I gotta ask: Does that mean he and the Masked Mage from SD3 are the same person, rather than the two just being kinda similar magical skeleton men?
If that is the case, the fucker really REALLY refuses to die.

How could they remake it? Any graphics they do will be far uglier than the beautiful art in this game.

>In ToM, the Dragon Emperor's lair was in the Glass Desert, and is confirmed to have bottomless pits
>In SoM, the only desert in the world has one fuckheug bottomless pit with the moon palace floating in the middle of it
>The Dragon Emperor's lair just collapsed in on itself and created an ever-expanding hole

>In ToM, Altena loses its access to magic and won't be able to stay warm in its harsh arctic climate, but Angela insists they'll pull through, somehow
>In SoM, the arctic region has a completely abandoned castle
>They didn't pull through

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

This game is so comfy too bad that you have to figure out everything and if you fuck up the buildings(maps) you have to start from the start which sucks. So you have to rely on a fucking guide that kills your enjoyement.... Why can't people make games like this anymore though I have no clue, one of the best soulful game I ever played.

>The Mana Seeds in SoM are the fairies that didn't make it in ToM

The locales in this game, the music, the fucking soul. Why is it so perfect?

Its sad that the only actual good game Square Enix puts out now are remake of their old Square Soft games.

We'll still have to see if the remake is actually good unlike SoM's but at least it looks much more promising.

The only good things about Dawn are the artstyle and the soundtrack. But yeah, the gameplay was bad. Square shouldn't have marketed this game as an Action RPG. This is more like a 3D action adventure platformer.

I remember it not being as good as Secret but had a pretty good time with it. Is playstation emulator the best way to going about playing it again?

Yeah. Game is also available at PSN if you have a PS3, PSP or Vita.

The LoM IQ ceiling is too high for zoomershits to comprehend with a remake.

Wasn't it designed that way after Ishii saw Half-Life 2's Gravity Gun? The whole "weapon that throws random objects into enemies" match it. Too bad it worked awkwardly in DoM, as well as bullet system and stun system.

But they will never do that bro, even if the game is released again they wouln't improve the sprites at all.
Just look at all the remasters they are releasing, FF7 or FF9 they don't give a shit about improving the backgrounds, fan have to do the job by themselves using AI.
Even FF8 will have the same treatment, you can already see in the trailer that they aren't showing any baclgrounds map because they won't change anything.

Nah, zoomers would claim that the Jumi are a Steven Universe rip off.

My main beef is that it is so hard to navigate the levels, and not really the combat.
It's also not the only PS2-era game where the devs figured that they can make huge levels, but haven't figured out that the player needs help navigating said levels.

Honestly all they should have done is use the KH combat, instead of that weird version of Zelda OoT combat that we got.
Still, at least to me it wasnt unplayable, but I understand why people hated it.

Finding all those golden enemies was overwhelming because of this.

I'm sure someone has done it, but Dawn of Mana doesn't deserve such dedicated fans.

But user, do you really think current visuals can surpass the gorgeous spritework the original had?

Seeing the videos for Trials of Mana makes me think they could do it with enough work.

It doesn't need a remake, you idiot. The original game has perfect art and sprite design, and a remake would just be a run of he mill 3D game.

SMITHING SAYS HI MOTHERFUCKERS.

QUICK CLAIM YOUR PET BEFORE OTHER ANONS CAN

SKY DRAGON IS THE FUCKING BEST

Attached: gfs_50597_2_1048.jpg (320x240, 18K)

yea then they might fix the awful combat that puts you to sleep

oh shit, it's on PS4 too?

Did anybody else really get into the absurdly autistic never explained in game smithing minigame? I remember fucking around on gamefaqs back in middle school reading guides on that shit, recipes with dozens to hundreds of steps to craft absolutely insane weapons using total bullshit mechanics that exist just because some coder over at Squaresoft had too much time on their hands and not enough oversight.

It was crazy. I loved that part of this game. Hell, I loved the whole game, but that part in particular stands out even to this day. People having to do fucking experiments and simulations to try and figure out what the fuck the crafting mechanics even were, just total nonsense.

Yes, there was a Yahoo group (remember those?) that basically looked through the Ultimania as well as the game files themselves and found an almost zen-like enlightenment of both the Smithing and Robot shit.

You thought this post was funny

I'd be suprised if anyone who had access to the game's source code today would even understand Tempering or where to even begin changing it

>best
>started the down fall of the Mana series

Because of true, unfiltered soul

that means naturally LoM was the peak, dumbass
spent many hours just crafting weapons, and used them to fight with my friend in the arena. both of us using our save files to fight and play the game on nightmare was the tightest shit

Attached: freya vs sierra (lom).jpg (500x500, 229K)

>Picking op meta pet as your favorite

Lol fag. Jk i love the Dainslaif pet myself so i cant really talk

I will hear that fucking Workshop music in my head until the day I die.
youtu.be/wPFUrOa41YU

Why?

Yeah not many things were actually found out about the smithing

If i remember correctly, what WAS discovered was that maxing out all the affinities gave you a triple damage bonus to the attack stat, unless your weapon's material is Dior Wood, then it's something like 5 times or something retarded like that, though Dior Wood was very hard to get, and it becomes obvious why whrn you make weapons with it knowing this. People were creating weapons beyond the attack value damage cap of 999 (the damage would be higher i guess but couldnt show it). It was crazy

It doesn't need a remake. I just wish it was available on platforms other than the PS1. Sure I can use an emulator, but would rather not.

A Legend of Mana remake would almost certainly be inferior to the original artistically. But there's a shitload that can be improved in the actual gameplay department. Make combos worth using instead of whacking the enemies with the first hit over and over to stunlock them. Make instruments worth using beyond for iframes to cheese boss attacks. Reduce iframes on the player and bosses in general. Add some actual tutorial/guide for smithing so you can make sense of it without a gamefaqs guide. Reduce some of the overpowered shit like the pet that literally makes you invincible if you stand near it. LoM is a game I love dearly but frankly it's not very good, gameplay wise.

I have simple tastes.

Attached: LoMRabite.png (760x621, 551K)

javascript:quote('470428481')
Literally this

It's available on PS3, PSP and Vita but not PS4.

A redone battle system would be fantastic but if it's gonna look anything like the Secret of Mana remake that's gonna be a pill too hard to swallow.

For me, it's the succ

Attached: 71123752_p0.jpg (800x1024, 96K)

>but if it's gonna look anything like the Secret of Mana remake that's gonna be a pill too hard to swallow.
The SD3 remake already looks leaps and bounds better than the shitty Secret remake. If they improve on that even more for the LoM remake it could end up being pretty good.

I rented it but stopped playing by the time I fought the big fat guy boss a third time. Did not care for that game at all.

>downfall
>when it was the best by a mile
Thats not how it works retard.

The new translation is awful, just play with Sin of Mana patch you lazy fucks

Name a comfier vidya home. You can't.

Attached: 15148253.jpg (1102x945, 613K)

>remakes
they're remaking one of the games, which looks excellent imo, secret of mana was excreted from their assholes. It looks like they had shelved a 15 year old remake for ps1 and then found it in their attic somewhere, dusted it off and tried to pass it off as some sort of novel game. They got so much shit they actually went back and 'tweaked' some of the models, which really they just add a subdivision modifier and called it a day. for a mobile phone game, it looks passable, for a $40 dollar PC/console game it's an embarrassment. They should really take that shit off the market and try again.

>want to play this
>also want to play 100 other JRPGs on the SNES and PS1

I need more free time, that era was too strong for JRPGs.

I should finish this game but I have no idea where I left off or what I was doing so I'm hesitant to pick it up again. Last thing I remember doing is the hotel mystery

Same, I know how you feel

Any general tips for starting this game? I heard it has some weird progression system were you put stuff down on a map to explore it.

It's not that hard to understand. Each part of the world map is an artifact. You get one, sometimes two, and put them where ever you want. For the most part it doesn't matter where you put them, but sometimes, if the mana levels are right (the circles with the floating spirits above them) you can do something extra there, or find new pets.

Don't stress about 100% or missables (there aren't even that many missables anyway) on a first play. Just go where you feel like going and do stuff as you find it.

Here are some comparisons for those wondering about the new SD3 translation.

Attached: 1560541675095.png (770x1344, 225K)

Attached: 1560542065232.png (1538x3142, 155K)

Blackpearl > Pearl

Attached: Lady_Blackpearl_(LoM_Artwork).png (685x888, 678K)

i am so fucking ready for this to come to pc

>Tried to do No Future mode back in the day
>Gave up when I was approaching an hour of fighting one of those 2 plant bosses because the HP was tied to their spawns

No Future is probably the most bullshit difficulty in any RPG, let alone games in general.

I dunno if a remake would work for this. It's art style is a huge part of the reason it's so good, I don't believe that it could translate to 3d.

Although I think it could be interesting if they decided to add in some of the cut content. Wasn't there supposed to be multiple endings? Proper ones, I mean.

Kathinja is the best girl, she could make my dick turn to stone or explode any time.

Attached: SO HARD FOR YOU BABY.png (646x1016, 684K)

whatever you say centaur boy