The FF results are in. Just shy of 500 votes, this is the result. Anyone surprised...

The FF results are in. Just shy of 500 votes, this is the result. Anyone surprised? What didn't make it into the top 5 that really should have?
1. FFVII
2. FFIX
3. FFVI
4. FFX
5. FFXIV

Attached: Podium.jpg (738x451, 56K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=g2WEq2QOt-E
youtube.com/watch?v=mrZKn8Lu_FY
youtube.com/watch?v=vRV0jtAj0Ns
strawpoll.me/18318841/r
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

10 is such a fucking meme holy shit. 8 is better than 10, fucking fight me.

Sounds about right to me.
X is shit tho, and MMOs don't count

Attached: lewd.png (825x513, 470K)

>What didn't make it into the top 5 that really should have?
FFXI. It’s still the definitive “Final Fantasy feeling” game, and there’s no reason to exclude it if you’re allowing online games on the list anyway.

Why would I fight you? My top 3 is 7,8,12

Thought OPs pic was Marlboro

Why does FF9 get so much praise? It's fucking shit, the soundtrack is terrible, the combat is so damn slow, the character design is ridiculous and childish, and the world is so stale.

>combat is so damn slow
you got one thing right, i guess
youtube.com/watch?v=g2WEq2QOt-E

Attached: steiner.jpg (210x240, 19K)

>the soundtrack is terrible
Never go full retard. Uematsu himself considers it his greatest work.

Mostly because it was a return to form back to the 2d games but in 3d.
and the last good FF game

Take FF X and FF XIV definitely don't belong on there. Put 5 and 4 and their place

IX fags are seriously the most insufferable faggots around. They're like the hardcore nintendo fans of Final Fantasy fans with their bing bing wahoos.

>terrible soundtrack
Yeah, no.
>the combat is so damn slow
Only an issue if you play the PS1 original. PC and mobile got an option to make combat animations go faster.
>the character design is ridiculous and childish
>in a fantasy game, you have to make realistic character designs
Eat shit.

9 is such a slow, joyless piece of shit. A completely unnecessary 'return to form' if there ever was one.

Stop defending it.
youtube.com/watch?v=mrZKn8Lu_FY

I literally can't even describe to you how much of a nostalgia wanking milquetoast faggot a person has to be if they like FF9 so much. It's a step backward and probably the most overrated game that I've ever known of. You're right about everything you say about it.

Seething.

7 = normalfag
9 = nostalgiafag
6 = people with excellent taste

Is this pure salt I'm tasting?

6 was so fucking boring.

Cope

Attached: Screenshot_2019-07-14 9Dc8vwu jpg (JPEG Image, 1058 × 1960 pixels).png (1315x556, 940K)

FFVII is far more popular. Literally no one cares about muh reviews except reviewers themselves.

> Popularity is relative to quality
Nice cope

popularity/sales =/= quality
If you were to refer this logic to movies. You would claim Avatar to be the best one ever made.

Perfect.

What are these results from? Is it mainline numbered only? Pre- or Post-merger? How many people voted? Significant difference calculated? Confidence interval? What is even the standard deviation? This is a very poor representation of the data.

Attached: 1522107653750.jpg (405x341, 20K)

Less Sales + More Critical Acclaim = Objectively Better game

Been trying to play through it lately, but I never feel like playing this over something like Persona 5 on the one end of the spectrum of rpgs or Dungeons and Dragons on the other end. What does it offer that either of those don’t?

>posted this once in another thread
>now other retards post it in an attempt to smear the WHOLE soundtrack
youtube.com/watch?v=vRV0jtAj0Ns

Attached: disappointed tifa.jpg (964x954, 206K)

>a fucking MMO

>A fucking MMO is the closest thing to feeling like FF we've gotten since XIII came out
Sad state of affairs indeed.

Good Story, Characters, Music, Art Direction, Pacing, Villains, Memorability

Poll from the previous thread. There were 500 votes.

How do I get in to FF6?
I've started it like five times over the years and never get past leaving Figaro castle after Kefka burns it before I'm bored.
This isn't a problem I've had with any other game I've tried in the series 3,4,7,9,10,10-2,12,15, tactics, tactics advance and woff
Does it just take off after that or should I give it a miss and try 5 or 8 instead?

Fuck me, I love 9 so goddamned much.
Is there any other game that comes close to its tone? Or sense of adventure?

I crave it.

Attached: tdJ9kAV[1].jpg (640x480, 37K)

>feeling like FF
This isn't a thing. They're all supposed to be different.

Attached: ff1 to 15.jpg (741x493, 255K)

Holy shit Yea Forums has shit taste.

Top 5 should be (in no particular order):
>FFV
>FFVI
>FFVII
>FFIX
>FFVIII or XII depending on your taste

I’m aware of that, it’s why I’m playing it. I was just saying that it’s in a more awkward position with the options that are available nowadays.

>All this FFIX love lately
I mean, I want it to succeed but this smacks of nostalgia

The first Xenoblade kind of gave me the same feel as FFIX.

seven forever overrated simply because of when it was released

only got the combat thing right

What data is this from?

>All this FFIX love lately
I kind of brought that up last thread but I'm surprised how popular it's gotten in the past 2-3 years or so. Got included in all the ports, got a full toy line upcoming. Makes me wonder if Square might even do something for its 20th anniversary next year.

Why is VI that high its overrated as fuck
You don't unlock the main mechanic of the game (Magicite) until the game is already a third of the way over

You can't pick your party members in IX until the game is two thirds of the way over.

I've only played I-VI, XIV, and XV

Why should I give a fuck about what these random 500 idiots think? I didn't vote in no poll

>That one dude who hates 9 so much he needs to spam it

Have you ever seen anything more sad?

holy shit, that's a wide gap

Attached: drink.jpg (845x1200, 123K)

You don't have to care. It was just to get a sense of what the result would be. RPGSite actually did a large poll with thousands of votes last year and it had the exact same top 4 FF games. This is what the majority of FF fans think though, clearly.

I didn't see the poll, so fuck you.
Also V's a lot better than X.

I think people forget about a lot when it comes to these games, both in their strengths and flaws.

I didn't make up the list, faggot.
strawpoll.me/18318841/r

>MMMO's don't count
Tell that to the greatest FF story in the last 15 years, amigo.

Attached: Mayhap.png (1920x1080, 1.45M)

>Counts the "-2" games and Lightning fucking Returns.
>But not The After Years, any of the various games with "FF7" in the title, Tactics, CC, etc.
Fag.

12 exists.

ah you wanted to vote dirge of cerberus ofcourse, sorry for excluding it

Yes, and Shadowbringers is better than it.

Sounds about right... i wouldn´t put XIV though. Tactics or even XII should be on that spot.

I liked Shadowbringers' story and think 12 is a bit of a mess, but I'm not daft enough to say that it was better. Even a bad Ivalice game has better writing than 14.
...Unless you're Revenant Wings.

>Square still won't patch in the Switch/Xbox changes for the PC version.
rrreeeEEEEEEE

For me it's XIV, Tactics, VII

>6
More like contrarian hipsters

Tactics was ok. Nothing more.

Closest i can think of are FF VI, CT and FF XII and Tactics. Maybe Ni no Kuni and DQ XI if you streach it and squint your eyes...

Ff7 compilation has only shit games. CC was terrible and DoC was even worse.

ok
MMOs don't count

Attached: aeris smug.jpg (467x700, 69K)

8 has Junctions so that's a nope chief
It got 8 votes out of 500
strawpoll.me/18318841/r
>soundtrack
GOAT
>combat
definitely shit
>character design
charming
>world
definitely stale

10 might have a poor story like 8, but at least the gameplay is salvageable

Attached: ff trinity.jpg (766x623, 82K)

IX should be lower, the artstyle is nice but really isn't a top tier FF game.

strawpoll.me/18318841/r
why the fuck would I have included spinoffs retard

How dare you put VIII on XIII's level you absolute fuckface.

they're both shit

7 = nostalgiafag
9 = contrarians
6 = muh 2D>3D

that being said, 7 is still the best

what makes XI better than XIV
genuinely asking

It stands out as the FF that goes backwards. Doesn't do anything new or groundbreaking, just plays it fairly honest in every aspect. It was created as a 'love letter' to fans of the old style and plays like an old game only with modern technlogy.

Nostalgia.
All people refer to is ephemeral "YOU HAD TO BE THERE" and "IT DIDN'T HOLD YOUR HAND."
Truth of the matter is no one plays XI today because it was antique 2 years after release

Because Tactics is the best FF, fag.

At least 6 got that high up. What a great cast and game. Also a great villain. Ultros

I have really fond memories of Crystal Chronicles, I'm looking forward to playing that again. Hope they do something to fix the "one person is the chalice bitch" issue.

It's not an FF, it's a spinoff FF.

ngl I used to rank VIII highly but I've replayed it a month ago and it was extremely disappointing and its flaws way worse than I remembered

>FFVIII
>"shit"
>game has its finger in multiple titles outside of its own from its characters and enemies (Eden and Quetzalcoatl recently added to XIV) to its main minigame

definitely done something right

>Also a great villain. Ultros
But was he a tree?
Exactly.

Attached: latest[2].jpg (730x850, 144K)

That was fun tho
maybe because I had a legendary group of 4 friends with GBA

There are some things XI does a lot better, but it sure is janky as fuck, even on release. There was a true sense of server community because the world was always out to kill you. FFXIV might as well be single player.

Popular and nostalgia doesn't equal great

You make a pine argument there, chief.

>most of those are from FFXIV threads
What was the point of this again? MMO shitters aren't FF fans.

God what a fucking shitty villain.

Literally
A
FUCKING
TREE
I dropped it at that point. O know you're trying to be a little memester ironicfag thinking that's funny but it's not. It's fucking stupid.

No I specifically posted it in Final Fantasy general and (brace yourself) /r/finalfantasy

/r/finalfantasy doubled the votes

didn't say it was great user, just stated that it's influence on other titles is greater, so it had to have done something right.

It also originated in a FFXV thread so wrong either way.

Its awesome, he has a similar origin to Aku, which just makes me like both better.

Attached: latest[1].png (1017x765, 354K)

FF6, FF8 and FF9 are all style and no substance. FF7 too for being what is probably the first modern style AAA game.

XIV is nu-wow but reskinned as final fantasy. it's just as shitty as wow has become.

FF1 was nu-Ultima

it reminds me of dragon quest honestly

>It only counts if an arbitrary number is on the end.
>Please ignore that several FF games with numbers on the end originally weren't and the designation is entirely arbitrary.
Faggot.

The result of a heavier Sakaguchi influence and stationing a great team of developers on Hawaii. Realizing the vision that Sakaguchi had, what he considered in his mind to be what FF is all about. Love it or hate it, if you look at all the artwork and things that went into FFIX, you can see there was real passion there.

>He doesn't like fighting trees.

All that matters is what it released as

Let's not pretend that any of the games not listed in that poll would even come close to the top 10 anyway.

V sux

Why do people dislike 10?

>The FF results are in. Just shy of 500 votes, this is the result. Anyone surprised? What didn't make it into the top 5 that really should have?
Surprised no FF4 considering how frequently it's spammed for ports

10 would be a perfect game if Tidus weren't in it. This is my unironic opinion, it has the best world-building in any Final Fantasy since 7.

FFV, best class system, best baddie, best main dood BUTZ, best waifu Faris. Just another reason this world needs a plague to filter out the TASTELESS FUCKS

The only reason anyone believes 7 is the best FF is because it was the first fully 3D game in the series
They're the same people that will say Mario 64 is still the best mario game

One day I'll figure out where this meme started.

What meme

No, the amount of content in VII blows away any other Final Fantasy. Every character of your party is memorable unlike say FF6 where most of your party is bland and forgettable. And VII allows a wide degree of choice in combat and build variety with Materia

What the fuck is wrong with him? Trees are alive, he soaked up a shitload of evil from cunts like you and became a cunt that wants to return everything to the void

>never played heavensward

Wakka. Lulu, blitzball, Yuna being worthless, Kimarhi being REALLY useless, all the al bhed shit, the first 20 hours being boring as fuck, HA HA HA HA HA, etc

>literally 'guys its great after 100 hours i swear'

Fuck OFF

How the fuck is FF14 considered best at anything? I swear you guys play the worst shit just because there isnt anything good anywhere else

You dont HAVE to slurp up shit just because its the only Final Fantasy to make money in 20 years

It is though, in a 400 hour game it gets good about 20-25 percent in

Story is great, instanced content is great, build variety is great, don't know what more you want

You know what meme.

>Story is great
Debatable, I think it's atrociously paced and dull as dishwater.
>instanced content is great
The early game stuff sucks dicks, but after that I do really enjoy a lot of the trials/raids/dungeons.
>build variety is great
The only build variety is in materia slots. There is no build variety, are you mental?

I played more Blitzball than the regular game

>I think it's atrociously paced
generally an issue yeah
>dull as dishwater.
not HW onward
Build Variety because one character does every job

t. typical ff7 fanboy

It makes sense within the blatant environmentalist context of FFV-FFVII. A tree is basically THE symbol of nature, and Exdeath represents a complete corruption of that idea.

I still think HW sucks. It's better, but still piss poor. Haven't bothered with the story since. And that isn't build variety ya dingus, that's class variety.

You get to play 60 of those hours for free.

No one plays live FFXI today because it's a different game. People do play classic FFXI though, there are 2-3 popular emu servers.

People do play FFXI as it is though. A lot of people play both. The current devs aren't constantly adding small content to an empty crowd user. Just because you may not like it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

That's also not to say the private servers aren't a large portion of the playerbase if you compare raw population numbers.

>VIfags right now

Attached: 1560771694679.jpg (960x540, 204K)

Attached: FaceApp_1563151191946.jpg (960x540, 220K)