Will you be buying one?

Will you be buying one?

Attached: switchlite.jpg (1600x883, 108K)

Other urls found in this thread:

techspot.com/news/80907-nintendo-has-plans-small-upgrade-original-switch.html
en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22448
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Nah I already have a launch model but it's a pretty good value if you don't have a switch yet, as long as you are certain you only want a handheld

not but I don't really have anything against it. You'll be fucked if the sticks start drifting though.

make a tv only switch and ill buy it

if i want to play games with noticable pixels ill play my 3ds instead

Attached: yes i am serious.png (720x404, 458K)

no?

Im actually buying two so i can play with my gf ^_^

I've played my switch docked like twice maybe.
I would have considered it at the time assuming it was fully hackable like the OG model I got.

If not at launch then maybe for Christmas. I'll hold off on buying Link's Awakening until I can afford both at the same time.

There's literally no reason to get one unless you're really poor.

I'd still advise against it just for the possibility of something like Xenoblade 2 happening again. That game should never be played handheld only.

I played xenoblade2 exclusively in handheld.

Good graphics are for faggots. If a game is good, it will still be good when it looks like shit.

Yup, with Metroid Dread (Metroid 5).

It doesn't even look that bad in handheld, honestly. All of the graphical fuck ups are limited to Gormott, which I guess just puts a ridiculous strain on the hardware because it's easily the biggest and densest area in the game.

Probably. Literally my only problem i have with this is the color options. I don't like the solid white buttons.
But other than that i was actually specifically waiting for a different version of the switch to come out for about year after it first released, but i didn't feel like waiting anymore so i just bought my switch about 6 or 7 months ago.
Been really enjoying it ever since. Sony boys can suck my BIG SWITCH COCK.

I don't get what the point is supposed to be

Probably once some special edition I think looks neat comes out. I mostly use my OG one for retroarch.

same as the 2ds. more kid proof and cheaper for low income families. it's also going to appeal to girls though, especially with these color choices.

>ending splatoon support
>mario maker 2 is just an expack to 1
>pokemon sucks ass
nope. I was so excited coming into this year to pick a switch up around the holidays and they just took a fat shit all over my intention to buy one.
the lite looks alright but if they're using the same shitty chinese hardware for the sticks I imagine they'll be useless inside of a month.

>I don't get what the point is supposed to be
It's lighter, smaller, more durable, and more affordable.
dummy

Attached: 1562911451220.gif (208x200, 3.24M)

ONLY if they make an F-ZERO

No it isn't supposed you make sense!!!!
You are supposed to post those sweet "OH OH NO NO NO NO NO NO" accompanied by a picture of a crying wojak with a *insert console brand you hate the most* hat!!!

Gonna get one even if just for Animal Crossing.

Yes. Been waiting for a cheaper Switch since it was announced.

>sister been egging me to buy them a Switch
>new Switch Lite coming out now
So what are the pros and cons of each?
I also heard there was a Pro Switch version rumored to ve around, whats up with that?

Honestly you're better off getting a 3ds and hacking it if you want something portable with a good library.

Attached: 1507501527779.png (377x284, 214K)

Oh, well in that case, sure. I'll be another switch. In fact I'll buy a handful of these little lites and have a Nintendo switch for every room in the house and car. And then buy some more when the next hardware iteration is released.

If you have a normal Switch, there is basically no reason to.
Its only a little bit smaller/lighter, and loses TV output.

Where is the Switch Pro? Are they seriously holding it back for 2020?

nah fuck paying out the ass to play laggy blurry shit on a small screen.

I didn't really care much about the portable aspect, I just wanted a nintendo system, I haven't had one since I got a wii and proceeded to play it like once for 3 hours every other month. I just haven't had the same draw to the games, but pokemon and splatoon really drew me in. I played assloads of mario maker at a friend's house but not enough to justify buying an entire wii u, but MM2 looks pretty much exactly the same, splatoon won't be getting any more support in a week or something, and pokemon... well, you know. I just don't see anything else on the system that I want. It sucks.

chances are it'll have higher dpi than the switch though

if i get a job that is

I want to see whether it's finally made out of nintendium again, because I don't trust those sticks

>I'll be another switch.
>In fact I'll buy a handful of these little lites and have a Nintendo switch for every room in the house and car. And then buy some more when the next hardware iteration is released.
Just stop making yourself sound retarded, dumb snoy boy

>people still think a "pro" version would make games made to run on a toaster look better

The switch lite will run better than the OG in handheld mode.

If both of my pairs of joycons just stop working I'll just get one of these, having to clean them constantly for them to start acting up again a week later is fucking annoying. Gonna give it a month or so though to see if the lite also has joystick problems

Will it actually fit in a pocket this time? If no, then no, I’ll stick to the one I have now.

Depends how they handle digital games between systems. It probably won’t be pretty, though.

The new lite is alot cheaper and more portable but lacks the docking feature of the standard. The same rumor that leaked the lite said there's going to be a pro version. It would make sense they would release this version first for the new Pokemon.

I already have a Switch I never play, what the fuck would I want with a second?

>buying a shittier version of a console I already own
Hell no, I mostly play docked so I would just be wasting 200 euros

Probably one for my little brother or something.

Nah I want to play Weebblade Chronicles 2.

What if a monster eats your dock

So never ever?

Nop.
I have no interest in nintendo.

This, make a pro TV switch that's at the very least able to run games like botw at full 1080p 60fps.

Attached: 1562662094954.gif (480x300, 785K)

Yes but I wish they launched with a pink one. I'll just wait for the animal crossing one I guess.

Since release I have been waiting for the model 2/ Pro version because Nintendo always does that shit. Rumours for a pro version sprouted up last year along with portable only version. Now this has come out Nintendo have stated no new versions for the near future. It's going to be a long wait for me.

I'll probably wait and buy the upgraded original Switch instead

techspot.com/news/80907-nintendo-has-plans-small-upgrade-original-switch.html

Attached: Switch.png (544x727, 157K)

I'll probably wait for the next revision and then take a paperclip to my OG Switch

Attached: 1524529557529.jpg (690x408, 59K)

my only issue is the D-pad being obliterated like the analog stick for the older 2DS for fighting games

Attached: Seagreen.jpg (1920x1080, 228K)

I haven't bought a switch but my 3 friends who did have all had joycon sticks start drifting badly making some games unplayable. I wouldn't even consider buying a switch where you cant replace the sticks easily.

>buying a downgraded undockable system

for what reason?

Probably not. No tv out is the laziest shit ever considering the psp could fucking do it with just a cable. Seems like it's feature stripped just to keep those docks and the base model from being irrelevant.

Attached: 1555777221353.jpg (189x266, 9K)

Nah. Have a Day One launch model that is still going just fine.

No. I generally prefer larger screens, so the original model is good enough for me.

If the drift isn't there, yeah, for family.

No i want the opposite: a cheap console/docked only version that comes with a pro controller. Release one of those for £200 and im down.

Attached: FDB60CDF-8D1E-483B-95FE-3FD0D5B6C5A6.jpg (638x616, 24K)

200 bucks and it cant even dock? What's the point in buying this one over a normal switch bundle for 300? There is no reason why they couldnt have made it dockable, then i could see the appeal. The damn thing is still hard to fit in your pockets and hurts after long periods of use in handheld

Well if $300 is too much for you for some reason it's an option

but really $300 is not too much

Yes. My girlfriend and her guy friend both have neon Switches, which I bought for them, and I myself have the Mario one. I'll be getting the Lite (the Pokemon one, of course) and maybe even another special edition Switch in the future if there is one.

You're not a Japanese salary drone playing Pokémon or Monster Hunter on a lengthy commute as an alternative to throwing yourself under the train.

This
I'm not interested in a portable console, I hardly played my 3DS Poptart as is. I would rather just have a TV only Switch that can play games at a better resolution that comes with a pro controller.

Attached: 1550375786074.png (464x452, 187K)

Not unless they come in a better color.

I'm planning on buying a Switch next week, haven't played Nintendo games in ages. What are some great games for the system to pick up? Already planning on getting Mario Kart 8.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Attached: 1516318638735.gif (413x243, 51K)

It's too much for a nintendo only machine

Can someone explain to me why people thought we were going to be getting a pro switch model? People were already complaining about the price for the current Switch being $300. Why do they expect people to stomach a slightly stronger system for even more money? Did they expect a pro model to be equal to the PS4 pro and Xbox One X? Then they clearly don't understand Nintendo at all, it would be weaker then those systems, and only maybe stronger then their base models. So why does anybody expect a pro model to happen?

for a sibling yeah. she's wanted to try BOTW since launch.

Yes. It's pocketable. That's a huge thing for me. I never liked the original switch size. My brother has one and all I could think is.

>Man this shit looks half-assed.

"That will be $400 plus tip sir"

>and only maybe stronger then their base models
What were you even thinking when you posted this?

Don't think so, the standard Switch already serves well for a handheld

>takes the main feature from the console to save you $50
This is the most retarded lite variant of a console nintendo has ever made

>It's pocketable
Barely. Switch Lite is still bigger than an OG Vita.

>Poptart 3ds
God I hope they make a switch poptart.

Which is much still smaller than the Switch.

Check this out.

Attached: f14057458806.jpg (2048x1152, 173K)

how?
it would just be circuit boards in a plastic shell"dock"

no screen saves a huge amount of cash alone

Color choices seem pretty shitty; I think I'll get a gray one.

Now check this out.

Attached: 3ds-vita-dimensions-580x308.png (580x308, 102K)

My switch is hacked but I want a second one for online, I decided it would be best to wait until the version with better hardware.

If they can manage to put a IPS screen on that thing, I will buy one. I kid you not, IPS screen makes a world of difference and everything on the original Vita was beautiful because of that screen.

But this is fucking nintendo. They will always cheap out on hardware so I expect some yellow tint bullshit. So I won't be buying one.

This. If I didn't already have one, and money was an issue, I'd just get the cheaper model.

It's already ips no?

All I know is it has a glass screen

Attached: f14033239826.jpg (640x711, 188K)

You don't understand Nintendo at all if you even for a second think they are trying to compete with Sony or Microsoft at all. A pro version of the Switch:
1. Will only happen after the main model gets a price drop, and no the lite doesn't count as that.
2. Likely around the start of next generation with the PS5 and Xbox Two by Four or whatever.
3. Nintendo works cheap, they wouldn't release a model that is over $300. Unless the Switch reaches corruption levels such as a 80 million install base. Then Nintendo would return to their Wii corruption years and do it. And fail again probably.

So yes, a Switch Pro, released around this time, while the base model is still $300, would cost more, and not be comparable to the PS4 Pro or Xbox One X at all.

>something like Xenoblade 2 happening again
I still don't understand what people didn't like about the game. As far as I could tell it looked fine the entire time.

Saves you $100 actually. Current Switch is $300, Lite is $200.

there is a special pokémon one coming out. too bad sword and shield seem shit so far

"Sir, the base model Switch is $300, and logically, this system is stronger and better in graphics and framerate, so its more money. $400 plus tip please."

And still not comparable with a base PS4 or Xbox One. It's a handheld.

Screens are cheap, mate. It's a tiny 720p lcd screen. Not a 4k super amoled.

could’ve saved a dollar a day and had the difference already

Fuck no

I'd love an atomic purple see-through one, or an orange spice one, or a purple majoras mask themed one. Fuck, why is nintendo so shitty when it comes to color choices?

Yes.
Because once I homebrew it not only am I playing GBA/N64/GC games but PS1/PS2/Xbox/PC games on top of that.

Attached: 1549411125715.png (370x370, 16K)

Attached: 936z4x909h931.png (1641x852, 294K)

less laggy than docked in games like botw

Only after folks manage to hack n get pirated games running

Attached: D88VZulUcAIxptB.jpg (927x1200, 109K)

bros, yellow or gray?

its for chiIdren and japanese

I don't own a TV and like playing handhelds when I'm stuck on a train for an hour so yes.

No. I already have a switch.
It's literally just a switch but worse in every way.

That would be nice.

I think you mean oled user

Attached: nintendo-switch-lite-comparison.png (1024x728, 258K)

>pocketable/true portable
lmao no, not with those joysticks sticking out like that

why does she have glue on her fingers

Waste of cash.

Attached: 78f.jpg (465x382, 21K)

no way it’s glass where is source?

Why yes, I'll be getting one for my wife's son. The kids will love it!

Attached: 1562772715740.png (662x478, 22K)

Vita has joysticks...

Yeah I never trusted putting that in my pocket either.

Ideally you put it in a carrying case/pouch and put it in your purse. It's 2019 user, not being a gay faggot is racist and shit.

Not that guy, but there' no harm in pocketing a Vita. The sticks are really strong. I even use my back pocket.

Attached: DSC_0617.jpg (1080x1920, 468K)

I wouldn't be considering it if I hadn't managed to sell my PSTV but now I'm pretty much guaranteed getting one.

I dont know what to get besides the obvious choices of Mario Maker and Smash for multiplayer longevity. I don't want BotW. It was a Wii U game, I played it on the Wii U.

I usually carry my portables in a briefcase. Because I'm an adult, bing bing.

I did it a few times, but I was always pretty uncomfortable. So I just got a case for it and stuck it in my backpack.

so removing the screen makes the price skyrocket?

ok there buddy

Attached: what is going on.jpg (687x665, 67K)

That doesn't look right

The pic of the lite isn't even right
What the hell is this image?

No because Nintendo is updating the original model with a better CPU.

t. 16 year old shitskin with autism fingers

MIGA!

dios mio....

>begins spouting /pol/ memes
kys, poo child
Don't ever post your autistic habits on here

>better CPU
And the same clock speeds. Literally nothing.

No im still waiting for the pro version

>I'm not interested in a portable console
Then why own a switch at all? The exclusives play fine on tv, but if you don't care about those you may as well play switch games on pc

fix the fucking joycons and maybe. i hate how tiny these shitsticks are

If you can afford $200 for a game console you can afford $300.

Nintendo is going to make having an account on multiple consoles stupid convoluted, aren't they? I'll probably pass for that reason, otherwise I would get mine because I travel a lot for my job and get a lot of use out of the Switch in handheld.

I considered getting one to hack, but then I'd just be better off getting a shitty used switch I can actually use on my TV.

that looks like it would be even more uncomfortable with how tiny docked joycons are. if they can give some humps on the button so it doesn't feel like you're holding a piece of paper with nubs on them

>If you can afford $200 for a game console you can afford $300.
Yes but there are obvious differences between the two, a consumer will either like one or the other more.

I was about to but then I realized now that I lift weights the OG switch weight doesn't bother me anymore

maybe, but there's a lot of people that just want to play pokemon or animal crossing and it's still easier to plop down 200 rather than 300 for that.

No, it's actually not too bad. Main thing is just that your secondary console(s) will need constant internet access to use any digital titles.
en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22448

I just want a handheld, not a gimmick that plugs into a TV I don't own.

They took way too long to make a model I'll actually buy.

That's fucking dumb.

Why can't Nintendo make a console that doesn't look like a cheap toy? Even Chinese sub $200 phones look nice.

Sounds like you're just picky

>The state of cumskins in 2019.

This is my country now :p

Not them but the screen on the Switch is literally dirt cheap. A curved AMOLED on the One Plus 7 Pro is $70 bought from Samsung, the Switch's screen is probably around $30. It wouldn't have any significant bearings on the cost.

>This is my country now :p
>*dies from aids as a mixed nobody*
kys underage vermin

Attached: 1552276665089.gif (403x360, 112K)

just make the stronger one for fucks sakes

they're saving that for botw 2

Why? The whole thing works fine for someone who just has multiple systems and wants to use them, the limitations are there to keep people from sharing their digital games which is pretty par for the course.

I'll wait for the new upgraded switch next year. My prediction....

E3 next year will have Sony and Microsoft officially anoununce the next generation console, both will have an even higher pricetag when they launch. Nintendo will annoucne the Switch Pro/Plus whatever at the same time. Nintendo will beat launching the upgraded Switch to market before the new consoles are released in the fall.

Attached: 1551844156701.jpg (1600x700, 308K)

At launch. Would only use it in handheld anyway so it's a pretty damn good value for me. Hyped for portable DOOM Eternal, specially now that idTech 7 has native Switch support so it'll probably run a lot better than DOOM 2016

I'm going to wait and import the inevitable Switch Lite Slime edition that will release exclusively in Japan, thank god there's no region lock.

Attached: New-Nintendo-2DS-Dragon-Quest-Liquid-Metal-Slime-Edition.jpg (1200x675, 52K)

fpbp

if they fixed the joycons probably

DIGITAL FAGS ABOLUTELY BLOWN THE FUCK OUT LMAO

I can just download the save from the cloud and play with my cartdridge, OH NO NO HAHAHAHAHA

That's a big shame. I'll hold off on until they come out with the stronger one.

No, I only use the switch in docked mode and only play exclusives on it. I honestly can't imagine a situation where I would play my switch on the go besides maybe on my porch. I imagine if you can jailbreak it into having more than 5 worthwhile exclusives then it would be worth buying.

>noticable pixels

Do you fucking hold it right in front of your face?

Yes
Roast me, vigins

I don't have a Switch nor a TV to play one on so theoretically this thing is tailor made for me yet I still won't be buying it because too many features were cut and it has a smaller screen. Now if that screen has better pixel density that would be a plus but still not going for it.

No, already have the og one

I'd settle for a remaster of GX at this point.

i grew up on games, when i see something isnt aliasing right its fucking noticeable, those are noticeable pixels

you must have bad eyesight if you need it close to even see that, enjoy your ugly games that the rest of us see clearly

Why the fuck do you want a dedicated tv console just for mobile-tier first party Nintendo games? The Switch doesn't even have enough good first party games to warrant buying a tv console just for its exclusives. The whole appeal is being able to play exclusives as well as third-parties on a portable console. Without that functionality only retards who enjoy only playing boring as shit baby games would buy it.

Yeah. I still think it's too big, but I always said if they made a pure portable model I'd jump in. There's a few games I'm interested in playing, and it should run well enough if it's connected to the charger, since the dock doesn't have any extra CPU or GPU power.
That will be model 3 or 3.5, and it will release about a year before they drop Switch support.

>Prime Day will give you $10 off on preordering one
>Amazon US doesnt even have listings for it
Sasuga

>i grew up on games
So did I retard and Switch games look just fine in portable. Hell, they look better than they do on my tv or my tn monitor thanks to the ips display. It's very crisp and looks great if you have the screen at waist level as intended.

Enjoy your autistic opinion which nobody else has considering the lack of anybody complaining about this besides yourself.

>i grew up on games
Sounds like you grew up on 3D graphics. Poor thing.

>The Switch doesn't even have enough good first party games to warrant buying a tv console just for its exclusives

so what your saying is the switch isnt even worth owning then...right?

Gamestop isn't taking preorders yet either. Something's up on Nintendo's end here.

Maybe it becomes available on the 16th.

Nah, I think he's trying to say standards are different for home consoles and handheld consoles. The Switch as a home console kinda fucking sucks, but it's an excellent handheld system.

It's worth owning if you buy it for Nintendo exclusives and ports to play on the go. If you only play it for its first party games then I don't see much of a point in owning one, no. I see even less of a point if you can't play those mobile-tier games portably though.

>The Switch as a home console kinda fucking sucks
This. PS4 has demanding and well-received exclusives, and due to their hardware demands it makes sense to have them on a plastic brick that you need to use at a tv. The Switch's first party games sans BOTW can run at 60 fps on a tablet and in docked mode, so what would warrant them taking the Pii U route? Nintendo makes non-demanding games by choice, not necessity.

ive been playing since commodore 64
bet you dont even know what that is

but nice try

Home consoles in general suck. The only thing they're useful for is a Walmart PC for FotM multiplayer games. Many of the best games of the last 15 years have been on portables.

you people must watch youtube on your phone and thinks it looks amazing

Attached: yeeks.jpg (328x448, 13K)

Yes

The sales for this are going to be fucking massive lol

Nobody is saying it looks "amazing", just that it doesn't look bad given the form factor. Sorry I don't need a 27 inch monitor or a 4k tv to see and enjoy a game, grandpa.

>back pocket.
Do you never sit down or what?

>ending splatoon support
when is this happening?

Just in time to launch a new rehash of it next year for all the new Mini owners from this holiday season.

why didn't they make a red one?

Waiting for the inevitable Animal Crossing or Zelda special editions, the only decent color for the launch is yellow

>TV only Switch
Buy a PC. The only good game it's missing is Mario Odyssey and Yuzu is coming along nicely

Grey*

great its fucking smaller, fuck me i have huge hands this is bullshit

Why would I buy an even more inferior version of an already inferior "console"?

Attached: shounen face.gif (462x326, 197K)

*looks at 2DS sales*
Don't you feel silly?

>A console for kids is meant for kids, who have small hands

Color me surprised.

Attached: Damn4thchaosemerald.jpg (257x260, 20K)

Should I be buying one?

Because the Switch looks like shit docked and can't even do 1440p. May as well get a handheld only version without the shitty gimmicks

I'm pissed as fuck because I've been waiting for teal and yellow (No arms puke green is not yellow) Joy cons for my switch all this time, and now they go and announce miniture brick undetachable ones as the mainstay for the lite, which means they wont make those colors now simply to keep them "Exclusive"

Attached: 1436134323484.gif (118x98, 7K)

What will be the big defect with these models?

>implying this isn't just to circumvent the paperclip exploit

just swap out the shells, it's not that hard user. you can even change the color the switch displays for the joycons

Why is it still called Switch if it's no longer both a portable and a home console

no

Attached: nintendo guy.jpg (2272x1704, 825K)

>Swap the shells
That only works for NORMAL joycons,. the lite is one hugeass shell like the back of a GBA.

>Portable only
>Doesn't come with a slot for a stylus for games like Mario Maker

Attached: 1562288443553.jpg (641x653, 31K)

I was hoping for the faceplate gimmick again

It depends. I was praying a new model would come soon so I could migrate my account and safely hack my launch unit, but playing in docked mode is one of the main attractions of the system for me.
Handheld is okay but the freedome to choose which way I wanted to play was always the reason I loved the Switch.

You still can? The only games the lite can't play are Mario Party, and Labo (both of which who the fuck cares).

Possibly, for portable Crash and Spyro

Dont.
It's true that the Vita 1000 sticks are much better than the 2000, and especially better than the switch, but it's still a moving part and can break. Vita 1000 sticks are 20 bucks a pop

Only if Lana's bath water comes with it

Nigger they couldn't even get the docked switch to output that. You would be lugging around an xbox huge box.

>Why the fuck do you want a dedicated tv console just for mobile-tier first party Nintendo games?

Nobody does, Nintendo should just fucking make games for Xbox and Playstation

Here's your (You)

By removing so many features I thought they'd get at least two or three hours of battery life making this a real portable. They removed docking for like a half hour?

Docking is gay anyway

Just forever dock the regular switch. There are plenty of people that do that.

BEZEL
E
Z
E
L

You can designate a console to be the primary unit which has access to games at all times. Other linked consoles can play eshop games only if there is an active internet connection. If connection is lost the game will stop after 5 minutes and resume once it is restored.
tl;dr buy physical

Using handhelds for fighting games.

Attached: tekken-background-19.jpg (1920x1080, 195K)

Maybe, i have gbc, original gba, ds lite, n3ds xl and switch and thinking of getting other versions os some handhelds, so might buy it for collector purposes. I wanna buy gba micro, dsi xl, 2ds or smol n3ds and might get this switch.

are there any major games that run noticeably worse in handheld mode? I'd be interested in getting one for games like xenoblade and bayo, but if their performance drops significantly then I'd just save some more and get a regular switch

Attached: 1519165835122.png (1434x1384, 1.91M)

The rumors are they're having trouble with heat dissipation and battery life. Probably holiday 2020 if they can get that sorted out.

No. Already have a docked switch.

>it's also going to appeal to girls
I'm not really that appealed by it, actually. Love the colors but also I like my Switch docked with a pro controller.