GTA VI

please don't be set in modern day

Attached: 2irw4xy.png (500x370, 42K)

It will be modern day. Houser already said the point of GTA is a modern satire, like SA/IV/V

I actually wish they made early 20th century or 19th century.

>Numbered GTA
>Not set in modern day
Oh no, it's retarded

>modern satire
>SA

????

GTA2 was numbered and it wasn't set in modern day. Check mate, faggot.

It'll probably be more modern day shit, just like the last 3 GTA titles they made were.

is miami even dangerous enough for gta now?

GTA2 was going to be their first take on sci-fi. They couldn't get it right so they scrapped the idea partially through. And ex R* big name wants his first game on the PS5 a GTA like sci-fi game.

The 90s were only around 10 years before GTA:SA dropped. It will never be in the 80s or 60s.

>set in 2010s Seattle
>full of SJW shit
>trashiest music possible
>enemies are stupid nazis and le haters
>ful customization involving genders
>almost every friendly NPC is a stronkwomyn

get your ass ready

I am hoping it never even exists
hopefully rockstar goes bankrupt

just admit women are strong

Sounds like something Ubisoft would do

Probably correct.

I SWEAR TO FUCK IF IT'S LIBERTY CITY AGAIN AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH

Attached: 1562281369273.jpg (1300x1000, 197K)

this, i didn't like 4. i was hoping for san andreas that went different. rockstar just changed how the game is and went realism with it.

i bought five but barely played it. i even put the voucher in for like the balloon or whatever it was.

low effort

Attached: 1557634098191.png (500x600, 280K)

I wouldn't take that statement for granted. Houser said it in 2013 and according to a leaked document Rockstar was at that time considering many locations for future GTA and among those was 70s Las Vegas. The "Project Americas" leak (not the recent one that has been debunked) says that it will have multiple time periods, so who knows. My theory is that it will indeed have multiple time periods for the singleplayer, while the Online component will evolve exclusively around the present day.

I want it modern day. I don't understand why everyone wants it in the 70s or 80s. That sounds really fucking boring.

It's going to be 3 cities: Liberty City, San Andreas, and Vice City. These are the only cities that will be in all future GTA games :^)

Actually, it will be set in the future.
And it's going to be breathtaking.

Attached: action.jpg (960x600, 123K)

guarantee it'll be 2 or 3 protagonists
>straight man latino
>psychopath white dude
those two are for sure
if there's a third protagonist, it'll be some sort of black woman

Yeah we need smart phones to be able to order air strikes and take epic selfies

>88 mph
nice dog whistle

>88mph
Is that a BTTF reference?

Rockstar already had experience with cyberpunk. It was a generally accepted failure.

Attached: header.jpg (460x215, 38K)

I had a buddy swear up and down he got a look at concept art for GTAVI while working as a courier in san diego (two years ago). He said it was of a submarine and islands off the coast of vice city but with the leaks about drug running up through south america I just don't know if he's full of shit anymore.

Fucking obviously it is. Holy shit..come on!

>uh b-b-b-but this one exception back in the 2D era that has been long forgotten about!
Thanks for proving my point.

>modern satire
do you mean crime movie/tv parody?

Is it a time machine? Why did they do it?

it's set in 2077

Please stop. Just fucking stop. Shut the fuck up, dude. If you're being serious you're a dumbass.

This is how predictable the gaming industry has become.

No where in the US is dangerous enough since crime all across the western world is down staggeringly since the 90s and organized crime isn't really a thing anymore from the RICO act and similar legislation and how easy surveillance is for the police now adays. Even the worst statistics about places like Detroit with high murder rates are down to one or two neighberhoods where two groups of drug dealers have a feud and if you excluded them from the stats the city would not be that worse off.

A modern day GTA should really be set in an actual crime ridden shithole like South Africa, Mexico or Brazil but that would take Rockstar doing actual research and not just copying American crime movie tropes for their le satire.

Ok, weird way to respond but, whatever

I am inclined to believe that to be honest. Rockstar knows that people want Vice City but at the same time they can't just do the 80s in Vice City again (they did it with VC and VCS who were thematically very similar), so adding South America or whatever + multiple time periods would bring an interesting flavor to a modern Vice City game.

>satire
How? GTA's satire is now reality. It also doesn't help that many of the devs are the kind of people GTA used to make fun of.

>88
based as fuck

That's kinda weird to think about. The equivalent now would be setting it in 2007.

Anyone else hope the protag is a female this time?

>tfw its gonna be GTA 2's 20th anniversary in October
>tfw when rockstar will never remaster it and port it to modern consoles and phones
I bet they won't even mention it. I wish they'd release a new top down gta, but that'll never happen. Even though it'd cost nothing to produce.

Attached: DitGTRNVMAAh1yg.jpg_large.jpg (800x1069, 214K)

Attached: cmbadv25[1].jpg (290x180, 23K)

They need to tone down with the tryhard wacky shit. Stop trying to be a wacky game or it will turn into Saints Row. Doesn't need to be completely down to earth but not every character has to be making wise cracks or inuendos. A few comedic relief characters alongside a few genuinely terrifying antagonists. Instead of everyone being a comedian with weird habits and interests. Personally, I would like to revisit Vice City, maybe with a swamp/bayou area and more surrounding cities

No.

Aww, sorry to hurt your feelings wittle babby. GTA VI will definitely take place in the 1960s Sri Lanka or what the fuck ever other stupid ideas you had.

>the point of GTA is a modern satire
so this is why the series has been shit since 2006

They should make next GTA set in early 00s London. There is so much fucking potential in it.

incel

You lack brain cells.

Game isn't even announced and you're already mad at an unlikely hypothetical

They've made american satire the heart of the series, no way it's not still set in america.

do you guys think the main character will be an independent smart black or native american woman?

I just want them to shit on the 80’s.

but london looks like shit most of the times
i really hated liberty city because of the weather and garbage illumination (london type)

If you think about it, playing IV would be like playing SA when it was released.

>unlikely

Well they don't have to make 1:1 London. There is a lot of cool stuff around which can be used for interesting locations.

London would be shit. Terrible accents, boring city and doesn't have the appeal an American city has

They would have to get rid of the cellphone and internet, however immersive it might be to need to find a pay phone to make a call would be I don't think even Rockstar is that devoted

Like what? What wpuld be interesting about a London GTA set in 2002? Sounds like a boring as fuck game already

a payphone would be a pretty good mechanic

I think they should release Bully 2 before the next GTA. the Bully leaks looked good and the summer camp/step dads mansion vibe seemed good, true or not. A lot of potential there. No guns or excessive violence. Making friends and getting up to mischief

I don't know they seemed pretty comitted to making RDR2 immersive even if it slowed the game down and could possibly piss people off

Playing as a white women wouldn't be so bad. Some Bonnie and Clyde story would be pretty interesting.

>boring city
You clearly have no idea what are you talking about.

You bring up many good points but since there's no way they're going to leave America it's going to be interesting seeing which direction they choose to go in for VI with all that you said in mind. I wonder if whatever they choose to do will come off as forced.

This. Its annoying getting texts and phonecalls and emails in V. Bring back the property aspect too. Start off in a shithole and your money actually has to go towards improving it or moving yo a better area instead of just being given a mansion

BE SET in modern day or will happen to it what happened with BF1 & 5.

>no 1820s GTA
Why even live?

Women are mostly shit in all forms of media as a protag. Especially the bad ass sassy one Rockstar will make for GTA

it would look to fake having a woman character that kills, steals and beats up people just for fun

Rockstar wouldn't step this low. RDR2's feminism shit is shit but tolerable but this won't happen.

>have
Been there plenty of times. So much fun being amongst pakis and niggers. It just doesn't have the appeal a city like New York does for a game. What do you think would make it so good?

>what is Red Dead Redemption

I remember before IV was released people in my class were saying it was going to be set in medievel times

Not going to happen, this guy is right: Rockstar aren't an SJW company, people have criticised them for "treatment of women" before and they've just been like "fuck off".

Butthurt yank detected, lmao.

I want it to be in San Francisco (San Fierro) or Las Vegas (Las Venturas). We had our HD Los Santos and I demand more!

Las Vegas is way too boring for a full next gen GTA game. San Fierro would be very cool though.

Las Venturas mite b cool

Why do you care, it'll be fucking bad. The money they made from 5s online has forever killed how the series will be.

They literally just did sunny California. I would guess they'll do a different setting this time. I wouldn't be surprised if they did go back in time again, or went to a totally new city.

I keep thinking DC would be interesting because you could parody the functioning of government (still keeping it bipartisan and mocking both sides because otherwise Rockstar would lose fans). But whether they'd do this I dunno. Perhaps going back in time will be what they do again, because it gives them a chance to present a whole new setting again.

Or of course they could go to another country maybe but I believe they've always said that GTA is inherently about America so they wouldn't want to move it. Of course things could change and surely they will want the next game to be fresh so, you never know, maybe they could change that rule.

But yeah, maybe going back in time again would be the most likely scenario, but I dunno. I'm sure that if they do make another GTA game, though, then they'd want to keep it fresh and do something new and sufficiently different from Los Santos / Los Angeles / Southern California in general in the current day.

>GTA set in early 00s London
We already had a game set in early 00s London.

Attached: The_Getaway_PS2.jpg (256x359, 24K)

It won't even have a single player.

I just want good music to be on the menu again. Everything after Vice City went downhill.

spoken like a true incel

Music in general hasn't been good since the 2000s.

GTA 2 takes place in 2013

Well, you have a point.
What about Chicago or New Orleans then?

Please
PLEASE
be more like iv than v

Attached: 27E777D1-AE7E-41C8-B755-DEA98F815F30.png (579x610, 368K)

faggot confirmed. i dont even care if its bait.

Why didn't they set any game in not!Detroit yet? And I don't mean any of the futuristic shit, but rather one about TODAY's Detroit.

>Grand theft auto: clown world edition
Kino.

>It will never be in the 80s or 60s.
I must have hallucinated playing those two games that were set in the 80s of not!Miami then...

>I just want good music to be on the menu again. Everything after Vice City went downhill.
>Not playing on PC with custom radio channel to play your own music with

itll be set in three eras(30s,70s,2010s) of the same city, gonna be TIGHT

San Andreas took place in the 90s and came out in 2004

That's Red Dead

Attached: 1562734872883.jpg (1280x853, 484K)

GTA has never really been about satire. The series was always meant to be seen as a serious narrative, it's just thst they were incapable of writing it with any sophistication.

The newest Watch Dogs is set in London isn't it? So that's one reason of many why I don't think they'd do London - another reason being they've always said that GTA is an American-based series - although of course there were early GTA expansions set in London but that was a long time ago. I guess nothing's impossible and they could change their "America-only" policy but yeah, I dunno, it's probably not the most likely setting for the next game. I would love it because I'm British but it's probably not hugely likely.

They could be interesting. New Orleans in particular because it has such a unique culture but then again is it known as a crime city? As for Chicago, obviously the Al Capone era of crime in Chicago is famous, but that's probably way too far back for GTA.

So I dunno, those cities could well be interesting, but who knows. I think whatever we see from the next GTA (if it's ever made at all) will probably surprise us. Something new, something that people wouldn't expect, in order to keep it fresh. They've upped the stakes so much - the three-protagonist structure was a big surprise at the time. And GTA IV and GTA V were massively detailed open worlds with lots of variety and loads of detail and they took years, and millions of dollars, to make.

That's just my guess really.