Unpopular Opinions Thread

Unpopular Opinions Thread

Chrono Cross was better than Chrono Trigger

Attached: Chrono-Cross-Wallpaper-2.jpg (1024x768, 204K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xU5tQIDMAEw
rave.dj/ZFW55e2CR7AayQ
youtube.com/watch?v=7a-4m1O7og4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Chrono Cross is the 3rd best game of all time

If you say OOT is top three I'll give you a swift kick in the nuts

I don't care about your blind contrarianism or made up rules, i play games for enjoyment & can objectively decide which ones are good & which ones are bad based on my own personal experiences with it.

that's nice

I agree, but I understand why people don't
Chrono Cross could have been one of the greatest story in a vidya. Sadly the rushedness of the final product didn't let a lot of the themes and plot elements really shine through, but when you think back on it and take it all in it's a really good story, just pretty badly told.

Chrono Cross is the greatest game of all time

I agree, but I also played it first so I didn't have the rose tinted baggage coming into it like most people.

Attached: Chrono.Cross.full.539627.jpg (1040x730, 299K)

Agreed. CT is overrated.

Overstays its welcome. CT doesn't.

Greatest love story ever told desu
Literally crossing space and time taking turns saving each other.

Agreed. In fact, Chrono Cross battle system is the only one that aged well for a turn based combat model, its still super fun to this day.

Cross hands you a new protagonist to play with half way through the game, it's awesome

Welp, might be time to play Cross again for the 20th time

This, it's really a shame
For me though the art, music and atmosphere alone are more than enough to carry it

user this is a Chrono Cross thread, not a Xenogears thread

Attached: download.jpg (320x240, 15K)

I still have to play that game
Last time I tried emulating it, it kept crashing during the village attack and I couldn't be assed to find out why

I think the story is told perfectly fine, it's just that if you're looking for a direct sequel you'll be disappointed

i was lucky enough to play Trigger first and Cross second. The good thing about Cross is you start to see the dots connect at the end and it sorta becomes a revelation as you start connecting dots in the story. Never seen a game do that.

I just want to know how they did texture filtering on a PS1 on that game.

Some elements just didn't have time to fit in the events of the game and had to be infodumped on you by balthazar near the end. A lot of the cool stuff happens offscreen and is only briefly alluded to.

Trigger is my favorite game and I played Cross for the first time a couple years ago. Even if you're warmed up for the fact that it's not a direct sequel, it still pisses you off at the lame attempts at references to it. Still a good RPG though.

Yeah, the infodump and offscreen shit keeps it from being great in my opinion. Trigger showed you everything, Cross expects you to swallow too much without actually feeding it all to you.

>game starts out with a fantasy setting before taking a sharp turn to scifi
Any other games for this feel? All I can think of is Xenoblade 2, but I need more.

Definitely give it a go sometime, it's pretty enjoyable despite its flaws. Though at the same time it hurts playing this and Xenosaga because you can clearly see how botched the games got in development, especially XS.
I played it for the first time on Vita earlier this year with the 2.0 patch and it worked like a charm.

Attached: download.png (480x480, 470K)

Threadly reminder that the ghost kids aren't the ghosts of the CT cast, they're from other discarded timelines

>>game starts out with a fantasy setting before taking a sharp turn to scifi
Chrono Trigger

This doesn't help Cross's case. I'd rather have no reference at all than a bad one.

I have a real deep love for Xenosaga 1 mostly because I think it's the perfect jrpg in terms of combat and character customization, sadly there aren't fights hard enough for it to really shine.

correct

People who like Chrono Cross, FF12, and Legend of Dragoon aren't contrarians. They were exposed to lead as children and now are low functioning retards. Some are affected enough to not be able to urinate and defecate on their own.

Marie Rose was a positive addition to Dead or Alive

Attached: e1b0b00daf40b7a7c58a19c1f81e9721a.webm (1080x1788, 1.11M)

Aren't they Schala and Janus? That's kinda lewd

That would be hot but I don't think Serge is supposed to be Janus.

I really dislike that theory, I think most of the people that pushed it just didn't play Radical Dreamers. It just makes no sense for Serge to be Magus.

>Chrono Trigger
No, that doesn't count in my mind. Trigger's entire foundation is time travel, its only natural you'd go to some futuristic sci-fi place. Unless you're more referring to Zeal and how mystical it is, in which case I guess you sort of have a point.
With Chrono Cross and Xenoblade 2 it sort of comes out of left field. That's what makes me like it so much.

Attached: download.jpg (1280x720, 157K)

Most games inspired by wizardry, and wizardry itself, have that trope. Final fantasy was one of the first japanese propagators of that trope.

WHY CAN'T WE LIKE MORE THAN ONE GAME FOR DIFFERENT REASONS?!

no one said you can't, but you should be able to like one more than the other

It was kinda fucking awkward how they reveal that Lynx is Serge's dad at the end through some random npc dialog

Like "oh btw Lynx was your dad"

Your opinion is unpopular because it's a bad opinion.

Attached: ayy.jpg (800x662, 87K)

Except everyone agreed so is it actually an unpopular opinion?

yes
it's also my favorite game of all time

im so sick of arm chair game devs

>tfw no PS4 port

do you often butt into a random thread to quote some posts and say something retarded ?

>IF YOU CAN'T MAKE A VIDEOGAME YOU CAN'T CRITIQUE VIDEOGAMES

How is this unpopular opinion ? It’s well known everywhere outside of Yea Forums,the place where hating games make you cool kid.

I don't know if this is unpopular or not but I wish Capcom would stop releasing mainline Megaman games and just release Legends 3 already.

Because CT is the more classy pick and is routinely in the top 5 RPG's of all time list while CC falls lower but is still regarded as a masterpiece

Sorry but you are only allowed to talk about Chrono Cross in here now

>walking up to fight the dragon god
>all those screams of discarded timelines from chrono fucking with it
absolute kino wish we got a third game with the same team there presentation was top notch stuff

That would be way more work, no chance.

This is unpopular but also correct.

Well him and the ghosts, killing Lucca and Robo yet not showing what happened to Crono and Marle was also dumb.

The DS port of Trigger reactivated the plot line of Magus being Guile anyway.

ghost Chrono and ghost Marle were there too

Those were ghosts imitating them. They appeared as children yet had their teenager outfits even.

Chrono Break was a planned game for the PS2 but development went as far as

>Let's make a new Chrono game for the PS2 called Chrono Break
>Oh we can't get the team together, never mind.

Chrono and Marle die in an uprising.
As a sequel to a time travel story, Cross is kind of required to shit all over the original cast.
And so, by stopping Lavos, Lavos became infinitely more powerful.

>Chrono and Marle die in an uprising.

Which makes no sense because they had strong magic powers by then. Crono should have been destroying entire armies with Lumanaire.

Well fuck you, they die.
Lucca then dies in a fire.

Kid is one of the best vidya girls of all time. They don't make heroines like her anymore.

youtube.com/watch?v=xU5tQIDMAEw

DAT OST

>2 best characters in the game
>Lose Kid as a party member early on and don't get her back until much later
>Lose Harle as a party member and never get her back

the game just wants you to suffer

Attached: 62434508_p0.jpg (1254x885, 1016K)

>Chrono and Marle die in an uprising.
nice fanfiction

Losing Harle is tough but it is a great story moment

The game having a pointlessly giant character roster always pissed me off because everyone gets so little characterization and development. It would've been great having more scenes with those two fighting and throwing retarded insults at each other.

I like Chrono Cross a lot but man too many party members.

Yeah, that really is one of the big flaws I have with the game. It gives you a huge pool of characters to chose as party members but they're all so shallow.

I dunno, I like collecting them all

I don't mind a big character list, but the fact the characters are barely there is what's shit.

rave.dj/ZFW55e2CR7AayQ

I mean they stay shallow because you don't use them. They all have unique dialogue and stories

I used them all, on multiple playthroughs. They don't have much of either.

Literally beyond god tier. One of the most cohesive yet fantastic soundtracks in vidya.
youtube.com/watch?v=7a-4m1O7og4

HAHA TIME TO EMULATE CHRONO CROSS AGAAAAAAAIN!

Fuck me I wish I could play on my PS4/TV

>he doesn't have a vita for the best ps1 experience outside of a 240p native res crt

Attached: smug.jpg (900x810, 55K)

I do, and I own it on Vita as well. I just want a big screen experience don't bully me

>DS2 is the best soulsborne game
>HL1 and 2 are both massively overrated
>BG1 is terrible
>LoZ SS is great
>FO3 is good
>CoD BO2 is one of the best shooters ever made
>P5 is better than 3 and 4
>RDR2 is a bad game
>Super Mario Odyssey is the pinnacle of Mario
>Devil’s Third was a good game
>Thief isn’t a fun stealth game, nor is Splinter Cell
>MGS4 is a great game

>he doesn't own a ps1/ps2/ps3/pstv

Attached: sumg.gif (340x340, 137K)

Come on man you can't just jump to other stuff to rip me for.

Do those new PS1 thingies have HDMI? Do you have pstv and if so do you like it? Is there a service you have to pay for on top of the device?

Only sony consoles I own are a PS2 and a Vita
It's all I need baby

Attached: kamina.jpg (859x717, 94K)

Oh and yes the PS1 classics or whatever DO have HDMI.
They're a pretty good investment if you find one for $20-$30 and don't mind putting in a minuscule amount of effort to put an emulation station on it.

A head for your problem?

Attached: 1453759715201.png (200x371, 85K)

Nah, I got an OSSC and some PS1 component cables. Holy shit it looks so good.

Well shit, I'm getting a classic during Prime Day now, watching mod videos now