>less believable and enjoyable than the trilogy
>un playable races imo a huge missed opportunity here
>hardly any effect on what you say in the dialogue trees

The ugly
>every character has stiff animations
>gameplay loop can be easily exploited
>boring villain
>just boring characters overall

I think this game does deserve a sequel but it needs time and needs to be fleshed out before it can really hit its stride
Probably alot im forgetting but here

Attached: Mass_Effect_Andromeda_cover.jpg (266x374, 18K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ythY_GkEBck
kotaku.com/the-story-behind-mass-effect-andromedas-troubled-five-1795886428
youtu.be/D12n35evy0Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

the problem with andromeda is that it is boring

i 100%ed this game

ama

Why?

It had a lot of potential, but just feels really off, like a Chinese knockoff of the real thing. The best way I can describe it is like the difference between Dark Souls 2 and the rest of the series, like it was obviously made by a lower level team of developers and didn't quite capture the look and feel of the other games and just seems off. As someone who actually loved the original trilogy and has played through it multiple times and it's the only reason I have an Origin account, I was really sad to see what they did to Mass Effect, and even more sad to hear that it was so bad they just axed the entire ip.

The bad
>no Quarians!!!!!!!

It's the real reason I never played it and never will.

Attached: yihwze403bg11.jpg (1920x1143, 441K)

>good
I like space
>bad
It's fucking boring
combat is boring
story is boring
every team member is kaiden (kaiden, but black, kaiden, but a "woman")
everyone who is not kaiden have a personality of one word (QUIRKY, TOUGH)
EXPLORE NEW PLANEthere is nothing one them
GO WHERE EVER YOU LIKit's all the same
I know that Mass Effect stole everything that was not screwed to a floor, but at least it was interesting.

for some reason i became really attached to completing every objective on the maps, you hop in your dune buggy and drive around killing things. there are also some interesting driving and climbing glitches that made it amusing(these have been patched out since)

the less waifu fags the better to be honest

>new Mass Effect announced in a new galaxy, early gameplay looks good
>Bioware announces they have some of the core team members from Inquisition working on Andromeda
>everyone loses hype and just assumes it's going to be Inquisition in space
>"no guys, we swear! it's not just Inquisition in space it's completely unique, you'll see!"
>it releases and 95% of the side content on each planet is literally copy pasted from Inquisition, it's exactly the fucking same shit

I'm not normally a violent person but I swear to god I would torture and kill some top EA execs if I got the chance, they don't just do the scummy ass shit they do, they literally lie to peoples' faces about their products without repercussion

I don't think it got the right tone. It needs a constant theme of desperation and isolation, but with a young and naive cast who have to struggle to pull through it all without being ground down into cynical defeatists.

>gypsy ship turned into dlc that got cancelled and became a book
>animations that got slight improvements with some updates
>can't go back to the tutorial planet that actually looked pretty fucking great
>can't go back to explore whatever the fuck that planet was you crash the human ship into
>no cool shit to do
>biotics rek everything

Good: Core gameplay, movement, abilities. Probably designed by a white man.
The bad: everything else
The fucking god awful and terrible: The races, the characters, the story, the enemy faction

Wasn't even that bothered by the animations and shit desu compared to being forced to be alongside an army of LGBTQ trannies and communists

The map design reminded me of Ubishit games where 90% is empty with random quest icons spread throughout where most are generic quests with little meaning and a few are story line, or worse you have to do them in specific sequence to unlock more of the map.

Attached: 1464998660750.jpg (269x211, 8K)

They released a prequel book about the quarian ark in which...

The quarian captain conspires to release a plague in Andromeda that will decimate the other races so that the 20,000 quarians will be dominant. She gets found out and is forced to walk through the ship naked so the aliens on board can grope her and absorb the cure from her which she has been injected with and is crying and sweating out of her body.

Attached: xen_pinup_alpha_delta.png (598x1011, 492K)

For me, it's Dr. Suvi Anwar

Attached: 54645758679.png (500x600, 344K)

She cute but I don't like lesbians

Attached: 1343200232088.jpg (320x459, 24K)

>Happily played ME123
>didn’t like ME3 story
>Finished the 1st planet
Uninstalled

True fans didn't even play ME3. I knew it would be shit before it even came out. The writing was on the wall with ME2.

MEAndromeda* story

I was lucky to play it with the fixed ending, the experience was still quite positive for me compared to andromeda v_v

Reminder that Shepard is still fighting indoctrination on the Citadel in orbit of Earth
There is no star child, that's just going on in Shepherds head.
I hope he wins and can save Earth lads, but I think it's over. For now, he fights in his head, and Earth crumbles

>True fans don't play the game

youtube.com/watch?v=ythY_GkEBck

>stiff and dull side characters
this alone is enough to make the entire game pointless

I want to FUCK Vetra Nyx!

True fans boycott bad shit in a desperate but futile effort to right the series' course. I and others called out ME2's flaws and warning signs for years, but were ignored. Then the fanboys were shocked when ME3 was a piece of shit precisely because of the flaws in ME2 piled on with all new ones.

I'm a fan of GOOD Mass Effect games, not bad ones.

I don't think ME3 has any good endings, but I will agree that taken purely within the context of ME3 itself, it has plenty of high moments and genuine drama.

Attached: samara_tera.jpg (1280x944, 161K)

>True fans didn't even play ME3
what a retarded thing to say, the game itself was good it was the ending that sucked.

>memes
>Clara's tight bod
>???

Is there ever going to be another mass effect?
One that is good?

Attached: d736anwiaa721.png (589x767, 277K)

> have a magic thingy that allows you to perfectly understand species in the another fucking galaxy we never saw before
which by luck are equally armed anthropomorphs!

>every team member is kaiden (kaiden, but black, kaiden, but a "woman")

this

no ;-;

No, the game was shittily written from the start and it sidelined Mass Effect's most distinctive feature, it's CORE feature; the dialog wheel and conversation.

It was a game made for action fans, not RPG fans or Science Fiction fans or even Mass Effect fans.

Attached: 067.jpg (210x230, 8K)

there's more that sucked than just the ending.
i will say enjoyed a good lot of the gameplay, tho, not enough to rectify the story going full retard.

When are they releasing a remaster of the trilogy for fucks sake

Attached: rr7udvmq91a21.jpg (514x767, 85K)

The dialogue in Andromeda is so shit. Every funny option hurt. Also the plot is just a rehash of me1.

imagine gatekeeping mass effect

Never.

Imagine only wanting good games and consistent quality.

Attached: 1525859757568.gif (268x420, 2.9M)

After the whole andromeda thing very unlikely to happen at all. Especially when it's still very profitable to sell the barebones trilogy collection with players having to still buy DLC separately.

Attached: 1544364174047.png (1372x1200, 1.31M)

Watch out

Attached: tali_stroll_opt2.gif (320x240, 3.32M)

Attached: tali_stomp_opt2.gif (320x240, 3.34M)

>>great gameplay
like MGSV, the combat mechanics are good, but the encounter and level design is garbage, so combat just ends up being boring.

1: Not by Bioware... It's just a matter of time before EA takes them off life support.
2: Not as long as EA owns the IP.

Attached: wew lad.jpg (1200x1600, 252K)

EA re-released the old CNC games a couple of times.

user'S LIST OF BEST SQUADMATES
GOD TIER AND MAI WAIFU
>Vetra
BEST BRO WOULD SHOOT GUN WITH
>Drack
WEIRD CHEST
>Jaal
ASARI WANNABE
>Cora
YOU'RE OKAY BUT NOT COMING WITH ME
>Liam
GET BACK IN THE FUCKING POD
>PB

I want to caress PB's chiseled jaw and feel her whiskers scrape my palm

Attached: Peebee_trailer_mug.png_revision_latest cb=20161203185616.png (693x390, 259K)

Why was he the most popular squadmate in the OT?

Attached: 1483683908103.gif (245x245, 589K)

The Kotaku article by Jason "I'm kind of a big deal" Schreier about the development of MEA is depressing reading, and explains why there will never be another good ME game again... Ever.

Attached: 1527311165509.jpg (640x853, 163K)

He's the one who feels most like an actual brother in arms and friend to Shepard. Liara comes close but if you don't romance her it feels forced where-as the banter between Shepard and Garrus, the personal story and bragging about "reach and flexibility", and the mentor/protege followed up by a sense of both being great leaders who have built up mutual respect from shared experiences, makes them feel like genuine friends.

I think Garrus leading a team between ME1 and ME2 and Shepard doing the same in the trilogy enables them to relate to one another in a special way.

I can't believe i'm asking for a link to a kotaku article, but, sauce pls?

>chill voice
>compliments on how cool you are
>actually impressed by your actions
>"might as well enjoy the ride"
>don't go haywire if you do something that he does not like
>2 best scenes in ME3 feature him
that dude is a bro

>having to still buy DLC separately
this bothers me to no end. i pirated to trilogy and was going to buy 1+2 on the steam summer sale but I found out how retarded the dlc situation was.
i hope the texture mods work on cracked copies, i plan on doing a modded run of the trilogy later this year.

He had actual character development.
The writing in the OT was all over the place, but Garrus, Mordin and to some extent Tali is consistently well written.

The villains and setting were excellent, but it was hard to care when your squad was so boring and the towns were so stale.

The new 'soft camera' interaction system was atrocious. Why would I play a AAA singleplayer RPG to suffer through this garbage fake MMO camera.

The outlaw town, the frost planet research center, the desert oasis, all these places were great in concept but had nothing to play around with. All the cool towns felt like posting boards for quests.

Gameplay is best in the series, easily. A lot of fun even with them butchering squad controls (ie there are none). Being able to jump around brought the combat to life in a lot of ways.

One of my favorite 7/10s for sure. It's the opposite of Dragon Age 2, which had great characters but horrible combat. For people who loved Mass Effect for sci fi and pew pew it is a 100% buy

kotaku.com/the-story-behind-mass-effect-andromedas-troubled-five-1795886428

>Read 'em and (literally) weep

Attached: 1b4.png (215x301, 95K)

>I think this game does deserve a sequel but it needs time and needs to be fleshed out before it can really hit its stride
Nobody's gonna care. You had the chance to make this big opening into a fresh new setting and you botched it. Nobody's going to give Andromeda 2 the time of day. All people will think, if you go along with it, is Mass Effect: My face is tired 2. You're inviting the memes, before your game is even released. Do what Disney ought to do with Star Wars and retcon the thing people have a problem with your franchise first i.e. ME3, by setting it right and by right, I mean right. Don't have Jacob be a nigger, because you can't think of a better thing to do with him and don't make Samara, Grunt and Miranda be 3 minute cameos. If you're smart you're going to realize that Maggie Baird, a.k.a. Samara, is the mother of the biggest zoomer star right now and use that to your advantage to sell your fucking game to zoomers for shitloads of cash, while also fixing your image.And Jack had 2 minutes of dialogue total in ME3. That included the optional dialogues and the secret ones. That's inexcusable for an LI. Which, for that exact reason, she wasn't an option on the WiiU version. Don't be fucking cheap, Bioware. If you can waste five fucking years on Andromeda, you can waste 3 years, which is double ME3's development time and make something people asked for, for once.

I do think that some of Garrus' character was sacrificed by shoving him into ME2. They even poke fun at this in the Shadowbroker DLC. Working WITH his team, while he is an independent leader in his own right, would have been more interesting than reducing him to a squadmate again. After all, what was the point of his player-influenced arc in ME1 if he was just going to be a squaddie again? Too bad.

I tried to do the same but I had a bug with the mining shit on that planet with toxic shit? I don't even remember couldn't find the last spot because it was fucked in between two different nodes.

I'm still mad

Attached: 1562533602276m.jpg (1024x730, 67K)

>checkpoint save system

What is happening?

It was lazy as fuck, refugees landing in another galaxy could have been kino. (Think Battlestar Galactica in the 00's) shipboard politics, factions, and your choices determining which alien races in the new galaxy you ally with as you disrupt the balance of power in a new galaxy.

Such a fucking waste. But EA doesn't make RPG's.

This is one of the only games I just couldn't stomach finishing. I think I only got through 1-2 hours before figuring this was too shitty to bother with. I'm glad I pirated it instead of buying.

youtu.be/D12n35evy0Y

>People still make rule 34 with ME2/3 characters after nearly a decade
>Very very rare MEA rule 34, and it's always bad
How did they ignore that very basic lesson?

>great gameplay
I didn't get especially far because the game let out an ear-splitting beep that could have killed my speakers, but I recall the gameplay being pretty shit even by later Mass Effect standards. Didn't they gimp the number of abilities you and your team could use? Wasn't the nu-Mako a buggy piece of shit? Didn't it take like five fucking minutes to fly anywhere with the ship?

Attached: 1457614195846.jpg (720x690, 72K)

"Your file says you're a borderline psychopath with thinly veiled xenophobic and ethnocentric beliefs... Would you like to travel to the Andromeda galaxy, where we surely will face a "first contact" situation?"

Attached: Untitled-1.jpg (640x404, 107K)

>Didn't they gimp the number of abilities you and your team could use?
Four "favorites" with four slots each that you can change on the fly but with a cooldown.

3 slots each. And you ended up never changing from one set of skills to the other, because of that cooldown.

>I don't think ME3 has any good endings
Destroy is almost perfect and I mean it was the logical conclusion all along so I don't get why people rag on it, the only bad bits are
>woops it kills other synthetics too
which was clearly added to make you pick synthesis considering how hard they shilled that bullshit, and
>damages the relays and citadel
which happens in any ending and would have to be retconned into minor damage to keep the universe chugging anyway

you want my honest unpopular opinion I can stomach 3 as a whole with some minor headcanoning, even considering some of the dumb shit in the rest of the plot

3 isn't a complete travesty but it's the lowpoint for sure. There's some nice moments and the combat is probably the best in the series but the dialogue felt canned in a lot of it

>all these talifags again

Reminder that Jack has a bigger ass than Tali when put in a sode by sode comparison

>anyone over Liara
you people, you make me laugh

Attached: l7q81g2mmns21.jpg (768x768, 116K)

Having a race that paints the bad guys as not evil would be problematic.

>combat is boring
It's the best in the entire franchise though.
Verticality, no more corridors, it's no longer just a cover based shooter.

>3 isn't a complete travesty but it's the lowpoint for sure
oh absolutely, I'd definitely consider it the weakest of the trilogy, I just don't have the massive hate a lot of people still do for it.
it's a shame because a lot of it's shitty stuff like kai leng or even the ptsd stuff could have been good if done differently
I always romance Liara since the story makes a lot more sense that way, and she is the only one you can romance through all 3

>Destroy is almost perfect and I mean it was the logical conclusion all along so I don't get why people rag on it, the only bad bits are

It still fails because the logic is very flimsy and not explained at all.

>Haha, that synopsis... Surely user is shitposting.
>Look it up
>It checks out
... Wow

Attached: 1479256776.jpg (650x366, 131K)

How would the quarians paint the bad guys as not evil?

I actually think it is pretty interesting, mainly because the book has no human characters in it. An entire story told through alien perspectives is worthwhile. I haven't read it though.

Attached: tumblr_mefj5gNWpQ1r4hjxyo1_500xen.png (360x270, 162K)

>it's no longer just a cover based shooter.
no?
The boosts only helps to reach cover faster, you try using it as an actual dodge and you'll get locked into drawn out instakill animations from the rock monsters or the floating orb guys.

It's still on the shit side. Party members are just there to shout dumb shit in your ear, it's the same boring ass cover-ability-shoot-OKAY WAIT...-repeat.
In the first game it pure dog shit, but it's fine if you are invested in the story, in the second and third it's fine, it's whatever, but it's not the main driving force.
There is nothing in MEA to compensate shitty combat, so it becomes far more noticeable, and so it seems way worse.

I enjoyed it.

Cora was a good love interest if you looked past her dyke hair and Jaal was a decent sidekick

>Asariboo
No thanks.

>The infinite possibilities for stories in the Mass Effect universe will never ever be explored because of how hard they flubbed the ME3 ending and how hard they flubbed with Andromeda as a whole
Holy fuck it hurts. They could literally make an entire game set only in the Citadel with you playing as a C-Sec officer or something and it could be amazing. What a complete waste of a beautifully crafted universe.

Attached: 065c9b311a31d7f57b543881a40296f3a52f8acb7465ab0f64d5090c78a16bba.jpg (4000x4000, 1.01M)

I would have paid good money to play as a newly-hired human cop on the beat with my senior grumpy, yet secretly kind-hearted and sarcastic Turian partner

Limitless ideas and many different genres that could be covered.

Battlefield like game (originally this is what the multiplayer in ME3 was, but it was a separate game entirely with vehicles)
An RTS
A dialogue exclusive game like Wolf Among Us
A linear game where you plays a biotic with crazy and destructive powers
I always felt like Dead Space would have worked in the Mass Effect universe
A Freelancer game where you are a captain of a ship and it is totally open-ended in a sandbox

Only the Krogan was the single tolerable character. The turian was alright, but sometimes annoying. Pilot falls into this as well. Every other companion is fucking annoying or just a pain to listen to.
I wanted to blow my fucking brains out every time I talked to the engineer. His voice actor was the worst by far. Suvi and the Doctor were just non-characters. They never had anything relevant to say except for like 2 cutscenes. The new alien races were fucking dumb and unoriginal. I can't even remember what the bad guys motivation was.

>They could literally make an entire game set only in the Citadel with you playing as a C-Sec officer or something and it could be amazing.

No it wouldn't, they already did that with Dragon Age 2 with you spending 80% of the game inside the city of Kirkwall.

Bioware is run by fucking incompetent morons.

Attached: Kirkwall-Concept-Art-dragon-age-origins-16328156-2560-1175.jpg (2560x1175, 2M)

>if you looked past her dyke hair

I did something better than that

Attached: corahair.gif (250x370, 1.89M)

I wish the turian wasn't just a female Garrus. Give us a turian squadmate with a different outlook and personality and job role.

looks like shit

Attached: 1545916462839 - Copy.jpg (576x900, 98K)

This femshep is cute

I wanna kiss her

My point was that there's enough substance and depth in the universe to make it possible, not that Bioware could actually pull it off.

it fits well with the game then, she doesn't have a dyke haircut anymore and that's all that matters

I anything I really liked the gameplay, on the hardest difficulty there was a lot of mobility, which made it feel way better imo.

Yeah the core gameplay was pretty decent actually, too bad they had women writers to ruin the story

Agreed, he's just being a nasty bitch though.

I find it fun to imagine the different kinds of games they could make. Or hell, I wouldn't mind more novels if they were written well. Karpshyn's novels are decent, but they could go further to really get into the nitty gritty details of life in Mass Effect.

Attached: 141cb03e0865d449aa05324722c2d614--mass-effect--characters-alien-design.jpg (474x691, 40K)

>tone based meaningless dialogue options
>on the fly class and stat selection
>combo based combat, all of which can be done by the player character alone
They should just drop the RPG if theyre going to hollow it out like this.

Attached: 1415656156791.jpg (480x480, 40K)