This is a thing

youtube.com/watch?v=LhPhF_4g6Hw
This is a thing

Attached: gelfling dark crystal.jpg (970x546, 97K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SPyoiOTdHio
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

looked pretty junky when it was shown off. like ps2 graphics

Poor timing, in my opinion.
The 1982 original work is somewhat of a cult classic that had a really rough development history and was meant to be a small piece of a MUCH bigger world/story.
It never really went anywhere or fullfill it's intended potential.

Now they want to resurrect it with this Netflix prequel but why the fuck would you release a game on this new body of work when you haven't even remotely had the time to ESTABILISH this shit first for a new audience?
Why are they so greedy?
At least wait first, see how the newer audiences react to the neflix series, THEN maybe try your luck with a game.
Why are modern corporations so short sighted?
It's like they set themselves up for failure, only thinking about short term gain.

Attached: 7647551.jpg (1280x720, 231K)

what

Kids don't have netflix

At least DC fans get some recognition.
Even if it is a crappy Netflix series that'll be subpar at best.
They could've just waited till the show was out instead of releasing the game all at the same time.

Attached: 1525218676690.jpg (495x495, 108K)

Kids watch their parents netflix on their tablets/phones all the time.
But even if that's true, than it's even worse.
If the game is meant for kids, then what kid is going to remember an obscure and weird puppet focused movie from '82, and in addition to that have no clue about the new elements from the netflix show?
It becomes an even messier shitshow like this.

>Even if it is a crappy Netflix series that'll be subpar at best.
Worst case scenario, at least it'll look good, they promised they're gonna use 0 CG and only puppets and actual sets/pratical effects.
That's already a step in the right direction.

>Game is meant for kids
>It's a SRPG
Next you're going to say that Tears to Tiara or Utawarerumono are for kids.

Yeah it feels even more random than most nostalgia gimmicks because very few people would even remember it. Plus it's not hard to see why it didn't work out back in the 80s. The original Dark Crystal has the tone of a whimsical fantasy adventure but the imagery is just plain horrifying. Even the "cute" Gelflings are kind of creepy looking and only moderately fuckable.

They're not?

>all gelfling chicks have blond hair and pale skin
>all gelfling boys have black hair and dark skin

What was henson trying to say with this?

Attached: m64-Im sorry Mario. I never expected you to see those videos. Koopad.com was supposed to be behind A (640x480, 108K)

Both games are Hgames orginally and then got a PSP release later.

Attached: f4ac0daf5b1d7899865cf36d5a282d2c.jpg (1090x800, 358K)

>Dark Crystal
>SRPG
Fucking why?

If any game needs exploration and adventure it'd be Dark Crystal.

HHHHMMMMMMMM

Wasn't he a farmer boy that lived with the elders?
Because DC netflix is about a rebellion?

what does gelfling pussy look like?

But that's retarded. Dark Crystal was a good movie because of a fun setting and cool lore. Who the fuck asked for politics?

Probably cold moss and dirt.

Cute and puffy

_ ____ __ ____ ____ _____ing
>mantouchinghischinandthinking.jpg

>2019
>wondering why politics are in shit.

Just be lucky some skeksis doesn't say "we'll make thraa great again!"

I'd like a Labyrinth game that takes a lot of creative liberties while mixing in elements that we've already seen from the movie and tells a new story of the Goblin King bargaining a new deal with a youth who doesn't understand what they're getting themselves into.

Attached: David-Bowie-Jareth-Goblin-King-Labyrinth-movie_dezeen[1].jpg (936x770, 371K)

Labyrinth srpg would have been fun given all the different characters and david bowie music.

Me too, but it must have lootboxes and a season pass or i won't buy it.

Remember the Labyrinth manga?

I get that, but if any franchise should be apolitical it should be dark crystal. The world is super alien and the two big advanced races merge at the end of it all.

What the other user said.
If you want to guess go to deviantart.
I mean, it was pretty political despite the simplistic story.
The skeksis were ruling over and enslaving the people of the land.
Did you not watch that part where the oracle told him the future or where the hypnosis part happened?

Attached: f856b73b009b08a0e7785b87c25a89cd.png (1200x1569, 1.29M)

too late - David is dead

David Bowie would need to voice the villain and he's dead.

I'm sure they can find a David Bowie impersonator to voice the 3D animated character who looks like 1980's Bowie

In the world of CG, nobody ever dies.
youtube.com/watch?v=SPyoiOTdHio

>to voice
but can he sing?

It's just not the same user.
Not to mention, the labyrinth was never ending and the girl only found her brother because the Goblin King wanted her too.

>Singing boss battles
God yes.
I'd buy that in a heart beat.

Thats kinda the appeal of it. The story is generic so the visuals are what sells it. It managed to at least pay for itself in the box office so it wasnt a disaster per se. It pretty much became a cult hit for the same reason Carpenters The Thing didnt sell all that much: E.T was released the same year so competition was ultra tough.

And one of their fan decided to make them a race in a certain other SRPG.

Attached: Khris_2.jpg (350x658, 93K)

the fuck

Attached: 1539936296177.png (388x388, 277K)

Isn't the netflix going to fix that?

Attached: Maudra_Fara.jpg (300x450, 29K)