Will we ever get late 90s-early 2000s Sonic back?

Attached: sonic.jpg (768x433, 32K)

With the Adventure remake, yes.
We're all gonna make it, bros.

And how do we know they're not just gonna botch it like they always have for the past handful of years

Attached: 1560828831084.png (516x564, 469K)

We just need to hope, user.
Eventually we'll make it to those promise lands.

I don't want remakes though! I want something new!
Why does everything have to be a goddamn remake?!

Attached: 77806ff8206225b91f8946f652586aa3.jpg (640x480, 40K)

late 90s and early 2000s Sonic had so much potential. I really hope we get it back.

Because Lost World and the Boom games sucked.

boost shit is good too

Sonic fucking sucks and if you like it you're a faggot furry, underage, autistic, or all three. Literally have sex.

Attached: 1546458173681.png (451x369, 301K)

8PBP

based

Attached: a2648e759927d0616118796f1a0ac61a.gif (390x339, 139K)

Why would we want it back?

Sonic is at it's best when it;s just copying DBZ.

That's what I mean though. We should get the good late 90s-early 2000s Sonic back, not this nu-Happy Tree Friends Wrtiers shit.

Who the fuck thought it was a good idea to bring them in?

>Introducing Sonic Adventure, it's just called Sonic Adventure, but it's a remake and we removed every character except the characters in le Genesis games because... le LE!
>And introducing a new character to the game... CLASSIC SONIC!
>Also Chaos has been replaced by... ZAVOK!

Attached: ban8r.jpg (620x543, 25K)

Your new thing was Forces. Remasters are all the rage. You're going to play Sonic Battle Remastered and your gonna like it.

What Sonic game copied DBZ?

Everything Super Sonic and the shonen story lines of Adventure games

DBZ didn't invent Shonen. Chaos emeralds don't work like dragonballs. Super Sonic can't shoot ki blasts or lasers, but headbutts to kill all super bosses.

bump

No. The Sonic Team that made the adventure series no longer exists. Most of the people involved with the development of those games have already retired. Sonic Team is a shell of it's former self.

Well that sucks.

No, and it never should be back. Unleashed was a massive improvement from Adventures', Heroes' and 06' fuckups. The only game that comes anywhere close to that bad again is Forces, and it honestly does so partially by repeating mistakes the Adventure games did.

06 is nu-Sonic.
Heroes is the last good Sonic game.

i miss when they were creative

Attached: 1554047972083.gif (500x500, 1.32M)

2006 was just Sonic Adventure 3 with even less dev time, it had the same structure and made mostly the same mistakes on a grander scale. Sonic Heroes was a mess with some of the worst character writing, overly basic gameplay with almost every level gimmick introduced in the first stages even before getting into the four repeated campaigns, and a plot that, despite barely existing, still fucked up characters for years. It's playable, but it's a bad game and a clear indicator that Sega didn't know what it was doing.

Reminder that Classic fags got a perfect love letter plus sequels while Adventure fags will get fucking nothing

Attached: 592BAFD7-3165-4AF3-880B-59970820AF5C.jpg (220x244, 26K)

creative doesn't always mean good

Hopefully one day

With sonic teams current writers, nope.

Bump

Probably not but I hope so if we'll get a SA1 Remake.

Attached: 179549pt6.png (600x565, 418K)

NO MORE REMAKES!
THIS HAS BEEN THE DECADE OF REBOOTS AND REMAKES!!!

bump...

Please fire Iizuka.
He ruins every Sonic game.
He has continuously shown that he has no idea what the do with the franchise.
>the decision to tie Mania & Forces together
>"yea just use the old levels"
>making Lost World when no one asked for it
>getting rid of all the devs from Generations
>Team Sonic Racing when All-Stars transformed exists

>Generations
>Colors on DS
>everything else is shit
>Rush had so much potential but MAH BOTTOMLESS PITS, MAH WATER LEVEL, MAH SHITTY EMERALD SYSTEM
These are unironically the best games in the franchise though.

Attached: 1558645808229m.jpg (1024x1024, 128K)

Mania using the old levels was both because it was an anniversary game and because the original idea was Sonic 1+2+the original 4 levels in Mania. I don't believe Iizuka was responsible for getting rid of the Generations team, and he was only the producer of Lost World (Kishimoto was the director).

well I guess i'm a retarded fucking idiot huh?
Is that what you wanted to hear?
Do you feel better about yourself?