Game Freak Isn't Reusing 3DS Models In Pokémon Sword and Shield

nintendolife.com/news/2019/07/game_freak_isnt_reusing_3ds_models_in_pokemon_sword_and_shield

>Earlier this month, there was a theory the Japanese developer Game Freak was "recycling" 3DS models and animations in Pokémon Sword and Shield.

>Despite producer Junichi Masuda explaining how the limited Pokédex was tied to "higher quality" animations - when footage comparing the past and present pocket monster games emerged online, trainers worldwide began to question his previous statement.

>Now, though, a translated Famitsu interview has reportedly set the record straight. As explained over on the Pokémon subreddit, Game Freak had to rebuild the models from scratch, even if the animations still resemble the ones featured in existing games.

>In the same translated interview, Masuda and Shigeru Ohmori reiterated how the decision to limit the Pokédex would have happened sooner or later, as it was already difficult enough to migrate the full Pokédex to Sun and Moon on 3DS.

>Any Pokémon that miss out on a trip to the Galar region are expected to reappear in future entries.

What do you think of this news, Yea Forums?

Attached: dcx_doc75ty69w70j63b9vd4t2.jpg (620x413, 42K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uCGD9dT12C0
youtube.com/watch?v=GMX1ySwIUPY
youtube.com/watch?v=Xr0B9HVrCLg
s.famitsu.com/news/201906/13177936.html
famitsu.com/news/201906/13177936.html
twitter.com/JoeMerrick/status/1150046237804154881
twitter.com/JoeMerrick/status/1150517167718379520
twitter.com/_DJTHED/status/1149932815154159616
iwataasks.nintendo.com/interviews/#/ds/pokemon/0/2
docs.google.com/document/d/1T03wbj0XSpUb6ZVFuMbXWJNNFUq0t9oQyZBsNfTE8lM/mobilebasic
youtu.be/Xr0B9HVrCLg
youtube.com/watch?v=JD7wtgYg4tg
youtube.com/watch?v=_hxb7pOI-cE
youtube.com/watch?v=1Xl-gAq477Y
youtube.com/watch?v=47Ow07GxFNI
youtube.com/watch?v=HGYFNbQdfj4
youtube.com/watch?v=qqkIgAf5FAg
youtube.com/watch?v=8XA0ClmKH4A
youtu.be/TmWu-f6L0Mo?t=1576
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I think you're a reddit spacing faggot that needs to go back and kill yourself

This thread won’t be any different than the last one

It's the most profitable entertainment franchise on the fucking planet, they can afford to outsource the models beyond Creatures.

It makes me wonder how many more "news" sites are going to regurgitate this mistranslated reddit post.

youtube.com/watch?v=uCGD9dT12C0

I think Minccino's pretty hot.

>It'll still sell millions
I regret supporting this series in gen 6 and half of gen 7

Attached: 1559869852242_0.png (299x1457, 531K)

Either they're lying or grossly incompetent.

I regret raising a competitive version of about every Pokemon on the chance the Frontier returned.

They reportedly already bring in interns and freelancers to help with big projects like Pokémon.

I haven't played since Emerald, has there been any pokemon game that was actually challenging? I remember sweeping the game with no challenge last time I played.

Attached: 1534366558974.png (284x384, 234K)

They can. But they won't. They claim they remade the models. But they didn't.

Everyone's going to have a different definition of challenging. There haven't been any truly difficult games, but there have been those harder than Emerald and prior which you might find challenging.

I just copy-pasted the text for those who don't want to click on the article. It was already written that way, paragraphs and all. Why shoot the messenger?

Black 2/White 2 can be challenging.

It's also the only game to feature an easy and challenge mode.
Though ironically the easy mode is harder due to reduced EXP yield, whereas in the challenge mode most opponents and bigger and higher level teams.

literally They took so long to go full 3D originally because they claimed they were making both 3DS sized models and full HQ models and animations for future-proofing (which we know they did because there were both low and high poly count models for all pokemon as well as many unused animations in the game files), but now they claim they made all-new models for SnS?
That literally makes no sense. Either they're lying and are actually re-using the future-proofing models they made before, or they're grossly incompetent by NOT re-using them.

Here's another set on the house.

(You)

(You)

(You)

And one more for good measure.

(You)

Heh... keep the change, kid...

no, there might be a couple sticking points but the games are far too easy to completely break apart. In gen 2 you could just use a musclewizard Kadabra to kill the entire game, and in every game, you can just abuse x items to win

I think they are lying. The models and animations are the exact same. Claiming they remade them is either false or they actually did and still managed to make them the exact same and not remotely improve the models or animations in the process.
Both outcomes are damning.

Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon had some retarded difficult fights. At the point where your team should be between level 50 to 55 they throw in this boss fight with an uncatchable level 60 Pokemon that has a special ability that raises it's stats to a level 70 pokemon. Even when I brought in my level 100 team it was still a bitch.

Did you have exp share on for the game?

>Redoing high ass poly models.

Horseshit. Also GF don't do models, it's creatures.

Attached: why pokemon lag like a bitch.png (524x467, 68K)

that's just being badly made in general

Or the futureproofed models didn't work out for the switch version for whatever reason and they're having to remake them as close as possible so that the animations still work.

>This was meant to be displayed on a 240p screen
Christ.

I hope they aren't ever going to reuse any models within the game either and have individual identical models of the same thing for each area they appear in just like Sun and Moon

That would just be more of a reason to support having to re-do the models. You obviously can't except the game to use high-poly models without any performance loss, and down-rezzing a model isn't quite as easy as just pressing a button.

Optimizing a model is a thing.

Redoing them to be exactly like old ones smells like pure bullshit.

How would they not work? They made Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee. They already showed us that they work.

So you're telling me they redid the models from scratch but didn't bother to update them at all from the 3DS counterparts? That makes absolutely no sense.

Why are GF such pathological liars? I just don't get it

Which means they never fucking once TESTED the models they claimed to be future-proofing and were so incompetent they squandered what had to be actual tens of millions of dollars having to make all this from scratch a second time. That's the sort of stunt that would get a lesser studio permanently shuttered by its publisher.

Not GF as a whole, just Masuda. He has literally become Japanese Todd Howard at this point.

Of course it makes no sense. Have you looked at Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee.
The models work. These models aren't remade.

The models from the 3DS are literally already used in the Switch game Pokemon Lets Go Pikachu and Eevee.

They're on switch now.
If the 3DS could still chugg along with these, then the Switch can use them just fine

youtube.com/watch?v=GMX1ySwIUPY

Apologize now

Do the nips have anything to say about this or is it entirely manufactured controversy from Polygon?

Attached: 1563045987549.png (467x516, 320K)

>low poly models for world are on files together with a full set of walking animations which are 100% compatible with current models.

They are lying out of their ass at this point.

Attached: 1560313688932.jpg (385x299, 12K)

>Links to nintendo fan site to reddit to famitsu interview
user c'mon.

Highlights from Article
– With the shift to the Switch, the amount of time needed to make the graphics more beautiful and the animations more lively has increased
– Another aspect is the fact that the Pokemon series has reached over 1,000 Pokemon (including form changes)
– Because of this, apart from the graphics, balancing for new Pokemon with new abilities has become very hard
– This is the reason behind the decision this time, and they have judged that it will be hard for all the Pokemon to appear, even in titles going forward
– This was a decision that had to be made sooner or later, Masuda said
– Even in Pokemon Sun/Moon, bringing in every Pokemon was something barely manageable
– With Pokemon Sword/Shield and the need to redo models, they had to make a decision
– Ohmori says that despite this, the Wild Areas and story will have quite a bit of content to make up for it
– Regarding whether Pokemon may be added in future updates, this is currently uncertain
– Even if not in Pokemon Sword/Shield, Game Freak plans on making those Pokemon shine in future titles going forward, via Pokemon Home
– They do not want the players’ past Pokemon to feel worthless
– Inspecting the option of reusing Pokemon receiving new graphics through Sword/Shield in titles going forward
– With the inclusion of gimmicks like Mega Evolution and Dynamax that affect all Pokemon, this would mean even more graphics production and balancing, so making it happen would be hard
– It’s not about adding more Pokemon in as they receive graphical upgrades, but rather a change towards bringing in Pokemon from Pokemon Home that fit the game
– Game Freak are thinking of adding some gameplay elements to Pokemon Home

And No Man's Sky had multiplayer on release.

>Making games is too hard guise.
>Monolithsoft did a open ass game in fucking 2009 on Wii.

What is baffling is that those retards don't even try get someone to help them instead of doing stupid ass shit every single game.

Attached: Bionis%27_Leg.jpg (2000x1124, 560K)

>via Pokemon Home
THE PAID SERVICE THAT BASED ON PRECEDENT WILL DELETE ALL POKEMON YOU KEEP THERE IF YOU FORGET TO PONY UP IN TIME

Its been all the same shit since LGPE was announced

How did I know the last one would be inkay?

this comes from reddit and all the comments on the original post already proved him wrong

Attached: D-ltZjNXYAIYYCG.jpg (325x400, 24K)

>You obviously can't except the game to use high-poly models without any performance loss, and down-rezzing a model isn't quite as easy as just pressing a button.
>implying they care about perfomance
Gen6 and 7 are prove enough they are willing to make the game as shitty as possible for stupid reasons. They are the same models, and the game will lag on portable mode, you will get the worst from both worlds.

>Weather pops.
>Game hit like 15 fps and turns take like 30 seconds.
>Even worse on double.

Attached: 1558829782456.jpg (900x1200, 258K)

I desperately need this game to be bad enough for the general public to get outraged at Gamefreak. It's the only way to save the series now.

It sounds to me like Game Freak is stretching the truth in order to save face. Like, yes, there's obviously going to be tons of new animations for things non-pokemon and the whole dominax or whatever it's called, but the fact that we've seen a lot of pokemon reusing animations shows that they are obviously recycling quite a bit. The fact of the matter is that they've been doing the bare minimum for years and now people are fed up and calling them out on it, and they don't have a really good excuse because up until no one made a fuss about it, but it's too late in the game for them to make any drastic changes. The funny thing is that once this game sells millions (which, c'mon, it will no matter what) they're going to continue doing the bare minimum even in the next game because at the end of the day all they give a shit about is money.

hehe

Attached: 1560470617114.png (292x57, 5K)

People aren't bitting this tho.

But GF need do a real huge fuckup to make the cum guzzlers not buy the game. Game bad PR for sure but still not on that level.

If that's true (it isn't) then that's even fucking worse. Why would you waste time and money recreating the exact same animations and models again?

This is what the people using this to defend Game Freak don't get. Whether it's true or not it still makes Game Freak look like complete retards, because they either lied about having to remake the models, or they remade the models exactly the same as before with no improvements.

The more I see of SS the more I wish Monolith Soft held the Pokémon IP instead.

Fucking Double Fine could do a better job than GF at this point.

Exactly this. People can try to defend this all they want, but the best you can really do is choose between the better of two evils. They've fucked up no matter how you look at it.

GF have 1/3 of franchise and the rights to make a mainline game.

Not going happen unless Nintendo buys that part. Pokemon is a massive legal clusterfuck.

I regret nothing. I want to see this fucking franchise outlive the human race.

>make the graphics more beautiful and the animations more lively has increased
All footage says otherwise but ok.
>Pokemon series has reached over 1,000 Pokemon (including form changes)
now remove 200 of them since you removed Mega evolution. Also you still have the models.
>balancing for new Pokemon with new abilities has become very hard
You kept the stall gods after the cut. You don't give a fuck about balance.
>and they have judged that it will be hard for all the Pokemon to appear, even in titles going forward
Nobody expects to have every pokemon able to be caught in a single region. The dex was for imports so people can keep their collection going.
>This was a decision that had to be made sooner or later
True. But not right now since you have the assets readily available to you and shown that you are using them.
>Even in Pokemon Sun/Moon, bringing in every Pokemon was something barely manageable
Because it was a 3ds game. A switch cart has much more space.
>With Pokemon Sword/Shield and the need to redo models,
But you didn't which is clearly shown if countless comparison videos.
>the Wild Areas and story will have quite a bit of content to make up for it
Mainline pokemon has never had a story worth a shit.
>whether Pokemon may be added in future updates, this is currently uncertain
If we take your lying ass as gospel then never.
>pokemon home
Pokemon Prison.
>Don't want past player pokemon feel worthless.
Well you did with the exclusion of the national dex over your lies.
>New graphics.
But they aren't new.
>With the inclusion of Dyanmax
You bitch about having too much to animate but you make for reason to animate by removing things you have available to make new shit.
>Bring pokemon from home to fit the game.
Can't bring them from prison if the dex is gone.
>We are giving Pokemon Prison a prison yard.
Sounds like they think this is coming to a impasse.

These people are terrible at lying.

If by "models" they mean the models' textures, then sure. But I doubt they remade the actual models. If they did, it's not really noticeable or necessary, as the 3DS models were already high quality enough and that time should have been spent improving the gameplay and the graphics in general, even if only a little. The animation excuse still sounds like bullshit.

As bad as gamefreak is, its still better than monolith soft for me.
The ones that did DQXI would be my best bet.

I'm sorry I ever believed anything would change for the better.

Just let it die, they can’t even compete with a bootleg or fan projects

>furry shill

fpbp

They're fucking LYING

How about no

>Pokemon were removed because we are putting in high quality animations.
Well clearly, since Game Freak wouldn't lie that must mean it is true and the evidence to the contrary must just be our eyes lying.

Attached: 1387129468802.png (469x474, 314K)

>man, game freak is the devil
>i'm just gonna buy two copies of the game and thats all to boycot them

>Ohmori says that despite this, the Wild Areas and story will have quite a bit of content to make up for it
He's fucking joking, right? Most of the excuses listed there are merely disappointing, but this shit actually makes me angry. I'm actually insulted.
The STORY? The same story that, in XY and SM, stopped us every five fucking feet to listen to obnoxious characters blab on about shit no one cared about? That story? The story that has not only gotten progressively worse and even more uninteresting throughout the years, and has never actually mattered, but is now ACTIVELY intruding on our ability to play the fucking game by interrupting us every 2 minutes while traveling on a route?
THAT FUCKING STORY?
And yes, I'm fucking mad. I'm having an absolute autistic sperg shitfit on a Taiwanese floor tiling forum over the fact that these morons think their train wreck writing is somehow going to save this.

Attached: 1562942838712.gif (600x450, 1.32M)

Increasing every stat by half is way fucking more than 10 levels

>Models aren't new
Why the fuck does the game looks so shallow and the animation so barebones then, if they had already 80% of the bare work done for the models ?

>Models are new
Why the fuck are they redoing the EXACT SAME work they did one generation prior ? Did they seriously not think about future gen games also being in 3D ? Weren't the 3d models of the last generation or two explicitly full of unnecessary polygons because they were planning to reuse them on more powerful machines down the line ?

Both side of this just scream incompetence to me.

Even worse that NPCs still use same animations from XY.

>As bad as gamefreak is, its still better than monolith soft for me

Attached: 1536652762143.png (400x449, 160K)

Why are Pokemon youtubers all like this?

>monolith soft.
>Bad.

Are you aware that did way more than Xenoblade right?

Attached: 1551834856370.jpg (1280x720, 183K)

>lying to defend a billionaire company spitting on it's customers
1 bug as been deposited into your ass

Attached: file.png (548x779, 518K)

They had to gigantamax the models. That takes time so it was easier to reuse the old models as template for the new ones to get faster to the gigantamaxed one.Small indie studio, you understand.

Attached: newmodels.gif (560x560, 3.99M)

Then fuck the mainline. Have Monolith make a side game like they used to do on Gamecube.
Make monolith make a better pokemon game that will make people want to just have monolith make pokemon forever.

I keep forgetting Pokemon is made by four sweaty guys in a basement working on toasters, it's truly a miracle they managed this and we should all buy their games to show our support.

That just means they are incompetent then.

If they just had the manpower and funds of the chinese...

Attached: 1563008200217.webm (844x480, 1.96M)

Actually lying. My bet is they're so retarded they think making less shit textures is the same as making a brand new model.

Are you retarded?

Not recently
Well I just remembered I guess project x zone too.

Great now you made me want them even less

The issue is that main pokemon games are the content.

Spin offs are almost 100% ignored because this, on top of that TCPi is the one giving cards not Nintendo.

Based

People need to understand that Gamefreak is small indie studio

Attached: 1563034997877.gif (294x244, 539K)

>mfw they're lying

Attached: 1eaiv4.jpg (300x300, 20K)

Nintendo co-own TPC

Project X Zone 3 when?

>guy from reddit who posted this story claimed his source was from a podcast
>people found the podcast and the guy claims he read a japanese magazine to find this out
>there is no real source so no magazine anywhere mentions anything about remaking models

So Creatures and guess.

Gamefreak. Isn't that simple mate, but I wish that was.

Attached: 1549977267835.jpg (856x898, 235K)

I love how the response to this was "it's a shitty chinese gacha game that steals your personal info". As if that's not the entire point, that a shitty chinese gacha game stealing your personal info doesn't somehow have more effort put into it than the most profitable entertainment franchise on earth.

That Famitsu interview is the same one from LAST month. It seems some ass-blasted Switch owner re-translated it, hoping word would spread and ultimately serve as adequate damage control for the shitshow S/S are shaping up to be.

Attached: 1316833692975.jpg (414x320, 11K)

Honestly, the 3D models were the one thing that would've made the transition absolutely fine. They were too high poly for the 3DS, so just make the textures nice and nobody would care. They should put a lot of time into animation diversity and stuff like battle stances, that's where the games have always sucked.

Not even a small indie studio should be this bad at prioritizing things.

Attached: 1563098949876.jpg (810x1533, 506K)

Uh, isnt this it
s.famitsu.com/news/201906/13177936.html

Yes, and its even funnier because the "redo models" shit is just a mistranslation.

You can't expect them to be miracle workers to output the same quality as other studios.

Attached: 54.webm (1920x1080, 2.49M)

They have made the transition, wherever the claim they are redoing models is taken o ut of some retards ass. Everything they have shown us is reused assets which is totally expected as the 3DS models were made with future-proofing in mind. They even reuse the 3DS animations which honestly is pretty pathetic for the NPC's but kinda understandable for the pokemons, assuming they actually touched them up to be better on the Switch but that's not gonna happen.
They are just gonna redo the same dumb s hit they did with Sun&Moon and when people finally get their hands on the games and datamine them we'll all laugh ocne again and just how fucking retarded GameFreak is, as we already know anyway.

Creature was a independent company that just makes models for pokemon.
GF doesn't own them. They just get a paycheck from them most of the time.
They used to do shit for the Mother Series and Smash.

When is this coming out?

>They used to do shit for the Mother Series and Smash.
Which would make their lies even more hilarious if I haven't already been pissed off by them in the first place.

>Game Freak had to rebuild the models from scratch, even if the animations still resemble the ones featured in existing games.
if thats not the biggest bullshit i've ever read.

Yep and there are Switch owners, right now, acting like this is NEW.

Attached: slowpoke.png (1120x312, 26K)

small indy studio. please understand

Attached: 1539323167611.webm (672x378, 2.38M)

I won't be repeating the same things already said in this thread, but my concern is this: Why can't they shut up? Why do they need to keep doing interviews when they know nothing they say will help their case? Why can't they put Masuda on a fucking leash and muzzle for one single goddamn week?

Either lying or incompetent, they lose anyway. They should just stay low for once and just release the game.

Attached: 1496258358366.gif (192x224, 51K)

went through a translator at the spot in question and got this
Omori: we had a lot of discussions with Masuda about this.Even at the time of the Pokémon San moon, it was quite a tough situation (to be able to bring all the Pokémon together), but the hard turns into a Nintendo Switch, and we had to make some choices from scratch.However, I think that it can be understood if you can play"Pocket Monster Sword Shield" (even if there is a limit to the Pokemon that can be brought) wild area and story, such as the contents of the play becomes a considerable volume.

How dare you tell me i'm eating shit, YOU CAN'T STOP ME FROM ENJOYING IT!!

November 15th, so almost exactly four months from now

Yes, I too can use google translate and babel fish.

They know that people going buy independent of negative fuzz around.

I'm still wait for them say something wrong then TCPI comes to damage control.

Yes this is how people were getting the translation that the models are redone from scratch.
No actual translators have looked at this yet, probably because they don't have to since we know for a fact not a single model in SS was redone.

Inkay is my favorite evolution for because you just turn that nigga upside down

They only have 143 people though, and half are working on Town. I don't get this indie studio meme. Wouldnt that be defending them? They pretty much are working on indie studio numbers

>No actual translators have looked at this yet
Interview has been out for a month. See

What if Sword and Shield are actually a throwaway low budget entry while the real switch game is a year or two away?

Yeah and?
People translate most Famitsu magazines about Pokemon within hours of it leaking.

Nice.

>It makes me wonder how many more "news" sites are going to regurgitate this mistranslated reddit post.
This. How the fuck did this inaccurate bullshit gain so much traction? Is this the power of paid shills? Or is it just the case of drones desperate for something to validate their addiction?

They already lied about the animations and the Pokemon bank shit, why would you believe anything else they say?

>What if LGBT are actually a throwaway low budget entry while the real game is a year or two away?
>What if USUM are actually a throwaway low budget entry while the real game is a year or two away?
>What if SM are actually a throwaway low budget entry while the real game is a year or two away?
>What if ORAS are actually a throwaway low budget entry while the real game is a year or two away?
>What if XY are actually a throwaway low budget entry while the real game is a year or two away?

>Oxygen splash

Attached: 1540837427298.gif (538x572, 338K)

are we stuck in a time loop? This same exact thing was said about lgpe

Attached: 1542969718223.gif (260x146, 3.91M)

>blatant lies and shilling
Yep, looks like video games "journalism", or just "journalism" in general.

That would be Giga Sword and Giga Shield, of course.

Attached: D_Js1FmVUAAUpCo.jpg (1151x1400, 138K)

werent the 3ds models supposed to be 'futureproofed'

i think the problem is that everyone is starting to realize the main games have become the throwaway budget entries for years now

Attached: 1426155574800.jpg (640x480, 35K)

Every 3DS game felt like a throwaway budget game while the real game was being made. It'd be a galaxy brain move to deliberately sabotage two generations of switch games to bring out a fully open world MMO pokemon game, but this is Gamefreak we're talking about. Who knows at this point.

Attached: 1563080550994.jpg (745x4096, 500K)

Didn't the GF CEO said that he expected Switch bomb hard?

The interview that outlets cited a month ago and the "new" one apologists are currently using to cover Game Freak's collective asses are one in the same.

Attached: 1507524711087.gif (640x360, 1.61M)

Two generations.
They are currently running on 3 generations of sabotage if your cthulhu level of madness is correct.

Yep, funnily enough Sword and Shield would have hit full development around the time it started doing well.

>Apologists so desperate that they have to spam this blantant sourcless lie
lmao

You guys don't realize it, but it's already working. I've seen at least four people use the "all the models are being rebuilt from scratch" argument today.

Attached: 37235735.gif (334x251, 1.25M)

>guy uses google translate and Yandex translator to backup his arguments, but can't verify what was said himself
Yikes

>Joe getting BTFO by ResetEra

Attached: 1530319179661.jpg (1000x1172, 163K)

Holy hell is this bitch eight feet tall?

You don't even need to do that. You can clearly see they're exactly the same models

Who is Joe?

Its even better, he sperged out and got a warning after, not only that but he can't post on the pokemon reddit page anymore because everyone turned on him and he gets downvoted till his posts are no longer able to be seen.

>Nintendo delay games because it don't meet their quality standards and to avoid shit like Xenoblade who is plagued with memory leaks.
>GF get free pass because lol it's pokemon we can't delay merch anime and all shit coming.

I really want this bomb hard as hiroshima so Nintendo finally could go yank their ear for not making switches sell more.

Attached: 1537453901618.jpg (643x754, 325K)

>Its even better, he sperged out and got a warning after,
You got a screenshot? I want to see him go full autist.

Lovecraftian game design. And pic related happened to show up at the same time, not suspicious at all.

Attached: inkay.png (540x289, 79K)

The concept of generations ended when gen 7 reused gen 6's engine and then added new Pokemon in the middle of a generation. People used to disagree over whether or not LGPE is gen 7 or 8.

The cuck from Soirebii

It's not mainline, it doesn't count.

>he gets downvoted till his posts are no longer able to be seen
This news has made my day.

Attached: 1530312650481.png (268x259, 104K)

He edited his post but originally the top reply just said "REEEEEEE THEY SUCK"

Attached: warning.png (3194x1244, 154K)

HG/SS are legitimately more difficult because the level scaling is extremely fucked, due to them being packaged with pokewalkers

What the fuck happened to Serebii to become GameFreak's lapdog in such an extreme way? He has done nothing but defend every single announcement they have done even after being proved they're all huge lies.

It literally says "moderu wo tsukurinaosu" which essentially means "redo models from the beginning". So either they mean models other than pokemon, they mean textures or they're lying. Either that or there's some other meaning to the Japanese there, but I'm pretty certain it's right.

>logic and facts
LMAO. What happened to this guy? Money?

Here's some of his last posts on the site, he's arguing the wingull animation is working as intended, is canon, and doesn't need to change.

Attached: 1561742505967.png (720x9000, 3.31M)

>We don't have the manpower to do a console grade game and we are under tight deadline.
>btw we aren't hiring anyone to help us because we want continue doing same mediocre shit every single time.
>Also most of staff is doing something that everyone and their mother know that going bomb.

Attached: 1543288428887.png (678x846, 920K)

Most people think model is referring to the game model, not literal character models.

He's financially incentivised to make sure Pokemon remains popular and sells well. A bad generation will mean at least 1-2 years of reduced traffic, and reduced income. It's the same reason pro Street Fighter players pretend SFV is a fun game. They're out of a job if it dies.

He got caught using a pirated copy of Black/White when those games came out, and since then he's been Game Freak's bootlicker.

Didn't this shit get debunked already
The "isn't reusing models" part

Thank you, user.

Attached: 1562857636954.png (340x236, 64K)

>As bad as gamefreak is, its still better than monolith soft for me.

Attached: 1562158943747.jpg (555x344, 51K)

I doubt they would use the loan word moderu for a more abstract meaning like that. Might be wrong, though.

yep

Animations would work just fine if they weren't like 30 centimeters off ground and not on a complete t pose.

They really dont understand that nobody cares about their stories, do they? They don't get that people are only here for the pokemon.
It's like Nascar. Nobody watches for the racing, they watch for the crashes

>『ポケットモンスター サン・ムーン』の時点でも、(すべてのポケモンを連れてこられるようにすることは)実際はなかなか厳しい状況だったのですが、ハードがNintendo Switchになって、モデルを最初から作り直すことになり、何かしらの選択をしなければならないと
From context it can be inferred that the word model refers to the models of the Pokemon themselves.
This is a quote straight from the Famitsu article for the record.

That makes sense, I recall he claimed how LGPE's post-release caused his site to have the lowest traffic in years, but at this point he's only shooting himself in the foot. He's turning into yet another games journalist who doesn't know how to shut up and just report news.

>"the game has a tutorial where you don't win experience in the early game"

Yeah, that was hilarious.

Considering that the big thing GF is pushing with this game to cover themselves is the change in overall structure with the wild area it would add up, the area is designed to be a small hub that changes what spawns based on how far you are in the game, still based on some in depth footage its not as deep as it looks, looks like it is smaller that the starting area in Zelda BOTW but bigger than a Mario 64 level.

he relies on the success of Pokemon for his income as the owner of the largest fansite

famitsu.com/news/201906/13177936.html
Where exactly does it say they aren't reusing the 3DS models? Because I can't find it.

Not to mention that they later ported it to the fucking 3ds

Yep, absolutely. He won't change though, there's no reason for him to.

Attached: pok.png (641x148, 71K)

>SS is looking so bad even Yea Forums and Resetera are agreeing with each other
What's going on??

Attached: 3462447.jpg (1600x900, 147K)

Yes, this game is bad enough to get Yea Forums, Reddit and Pedoera to agree with each other. That's all there is to it.

No matter how shit S/S turn out people will still buy it and visit his site. He seems genuinely afraid over nothing.

>Stuff like Xenoblade and BoTW are on console.
>People had high expectations from a main pokemon game.

Guess.

Still incompetent.

Game Freak shit the bed so badly the stains will never come out.

Attached: 1277763625625.jpg (192x160, 12K)

Honestly with there being like 8 generations now, its okay to trim the fat. The Pokémon series has huge feature bloat.

They jumped the shark with Mega Evolution and you cant make a balanced game with 900+ dudes while keeping a diverse 400+ mon dex.

I dont care what their reason is, a finite pokedex is good for the series. XY, SuMo, and SM2 were all piss easy due to the sheer number of powerful options available on all routes. There's at least 1 OU level mon in every route. The new expshare trivializes the game, but getting absurdly good pokemon in all zones becauss they need to cram 400+ pokemon into a game designed for 150-200 seals the deal. Pokemon has the Inceedibles syndrome, "if everything is special, nothing is".

I'm baffled at GF writing it off as a time issue instead of a balance fix.

>no reflections
>water doesn't even break
>water splash effect isn't even on the water
>the mantine aren't even moving their limbs or anything

Success is relative.

Lets go sold 10m but discussion of game died within a month. A new pokemon game generate fuzz but if the game is bad then the whole hype dies fucking fast which is bad for someone who hosts this kind of sites.

Pokémon died with PKMN Go, deal with it.gif

>I remember sweeping the game with no challenge
>Playing Emerald
>When the Battle Frontier existed

Attached: 1557071726291.jpg (200x303, 16K)

>think the switch will bomb hard so you dont dev for it right away
>even though your games are famous for being the definition of system seller
Who the fuck runs this company? A Magic 8 Ball?

Attached: disgust.jpg (473x473, 27K)

And it will still sell 10+ millions

This one always baffled me. How hard would it have been to anchor the animation to a specific point on the model?

Attached: Pikachu learned [Defog].jpg (600x390, 92K)

Oh my lord this actually looks beautiful. They faithfully reference animations that've used in movies, like Jirachi and Genesect. Man I wish GameFreak had a Chinese AAA budget

*ahem*
Fuck Masuda
Fuck Dynamax
Fuck Game Freak
Fuck Nintendo, the Switch, and its owners

Attached: 1297792772292.png (480x360, 253K)

Pokemon is among Nintendo's biggest series, and actually sells more than Zelda. I know they're not fully owned by Nintendo, but how are they possibly allowed to delay the transition due to a lack of trust in the hardware?

Because Gamefreak wanted stick on portables to keep doing same shit over and over again.

They bitched and moaned with XY that made then switch to 3d, now they can't really hide behind the portable excuse because console and handhelds are one and same.

based

>.2019
>Caring about Pokeshit games
Just go for the porn

Attached: Nessed.png (821x689, 903K)

>Lets go sold 10m but discussion of game died within a month

In my experience, it died in less than a week, it was such a quick and solved game with an almost unexistant postgame that streamers tried to keep it alive by doing nothing but shiny hunting streams. It was plain pathetic.

The LGPE girl doesn't even have that much porn for an MC, now that's a disgrace.

Attached: D_WdDOoU8AAhvTW.jpg (2048x1430, 357K)

>The Pokémon series has huge feature bloat.
It really doesn't. Pokemon routinely cuts features the very game after they're introduced, regardless of how popular or useful they are. Contests, Battle Frontier, Join Avenue, World Tournament, Super Training, Underground, O-Power, and Secret Bases all just vanish immediately after or shortly after their debut. Mega Evolutions were only retained in Sun and Moon as a legacy feature, being locked to post-game for use in online battles and the battle tree. I doubt many people expected Z-moves to stick around in this game, and we all know things like Ride Pokemon, Poke Pelago, Ultra Warp Ride, and Photo Club won't appear, and that Dynamax won't be in the next ones.

>all these teams firing on all cylinders to get their big heavy hitters out for Switch
>GameFreak just shits the bed two years in a row with the biggest IP in the world
>infamous companies like Capcom, Bethesda, and Ubisoft has done a better job with the Switch
>A Rabbids game is going to be more of a must have Switch game than Pokémon

This fuckin’ timeline.

>the source of the article is a reddit post
>the source the reddit poster used was apparently some damn podcast
>and this podcast is finally the ones who actually referred to the actual famitsu article, but we have no idea who of them who attempted to translate it
Wow. For real? Can't these journalists spend at least a few minutes to come closer to the actual source itself? This game of whispers is ridiculous. Not to mention they got the article wrong.

This is honestly baffling. Even knowing that games journalism is a joke this is still baffling.

Not to shill, but are those single attack animations (i.e. whatever attack you use looks like that) or actually mapped to pokemon moves (charizard using flamethrower, deoxys using shadow ball, etc)?

If the former, that's comparing apples to a sea of mixed berries.

She's a child you fucking pedophile

Charizard is now a psychic type. Same as Blastoise.

Attached: imposibru.webm (854x478, 1.74M)

>the fucking rabbids crossover got a standing ovation at e3
>Pokemon just pissed off everybody at this e3
HOW

>>infamous companies like Capcom

I can't get any game besides megaman that isn't remake or port on switch.

Seriously.

>#BRINGBACKNATIONALPOKEDEX
lmao the state of pedoera trannies

Attached: 1562588435691.png (700x700, 292K)

Yes they are

To be fair, Lyra didn't either.
Remakes just don't get as much I guess.
I really like lyra too

>Just go for the porn
This. Kinda makes me wish GF staff were regulated to support roles on other games. Lord knows Three Houses could've used a better artist.

Attached: 928b84fc8917cf78110994686e9e9dc3.jpg (848x1200, 667K)

Nice try, (((((Masuda)))))

Most people have given up on the idea of it flopping, since they could literally cut even more Pokemon next gen and people will buy it, they've proven that less content doesn't make a difference.
Thats why the best option is to hurt the reputation of everyone involved and kill their passion project.

Broken crotch, yadda yadda.

Here's your reply.

based giggolovanni

That's the joke user. It was irony.

>we're not reusing models
>but all the exact same polygons are visible when we dynamax them

Joe is that you?

The original interview is a month old and him saying the redid the models wasn't even the core part of it, but just a thing on the side.
Polygon digging it out now is just to fuel the current controversy.

Yeah man the maingame doesn't fucking exist right. That's why despite being good games some people hate Emerald and BW2 fans. Because postgame postgame postgame, the maingame doesn't exist for them.

>we could've gotten a Pokémon game that looks like this
The merch, movies and that faggot anime are ruining everything.

Lyra still has a fair share or art and at least she was a completely new character, unlike the isekai kids not-Red and not-Green. It also helps that HGSS came at the highest point of Gen 4.

Attached: DnEKCX6U4AIw2_D.jpg (780x639, 53K)

They're either lying, or they're being honest which is even worse since that means they're wasting their time to make new models and animation that looks exactly like the 3ds stuff instead of just reusing it like everyone says they are, and that's why we can't have megas, z-crystals or even all the fucking pokemon anymore.

No matter how you spin this, it makes them look even worse.

Alright but what if I complain about kikefreak removing features - not pokemon - just to sell them back to people in a later game?

Attached: 7ea96c64214ced0c646a87b4ce2dd3a8.gif (499x439, 13K)

>implying i'm talking about throwaway gimicks
No, theres bloat in the pokemon roster. There are too many pokemon, too many abilities, too many attacks, too many items, and then they're tacking on what seems like even more evergreen systems in the form of Mega evo and Z moves. They cram 450 pokemon in a region the same size as Kanto and expect the game to be balanced.

If they try to retire mega evo and Z moves, you'll see the same fucking literal spergs who are bitching about no nat dex bitching about the renoval of other cancerous features.

>Genesect and Jirachi
Some kino shit right there

>dude the models are new!
THEY LOOK FUCKING IDENTICAL WHAT DO YOU MEAN THEY'RE NEW AND EVEN IF THEY ARE NEW WHY THE FUCK DID THEY DECIDE TO MAKE THEM IDENTICAL TO THE PREVIOUS MODELS ANYWAYS WHY NOT ACTUALLY MAKE NEW MODELS

Attached: 1561773968133.webm (960x540, 2.65M)

Mega evolutions and z-moves were confirmed removed at the same time half the pokedex was, you stupid fucker. And I guarantee you've never played pokemon in any capacity in which balance matters, how the fuck are there too many moves?

It got a revival at Christmas but marred since Shiny Hunt Weekend gave LGPE fags the boot and they could barely sustain their own threads.

>When you have been making games since the 90's and have a billion dollar franchise that gives you enough capital to hire an army of the best programers on earth and your answer to being called out on your product being lazy and shitty is that making games is hard.

The problem is they are a money milking machine. Regardless of their size, they do not have an indie budget. If their team is so small, then they should have enough money to hire more employees.

>frames are literally identical
yeah it's a big fat lie
this is todd levels of deceiving

Would you accept the removal of z-moves, megas and mons if in exchange you get a faithful gyaru(virgin) gf

Calm down user, we know. OP was just baiting

Attached: 9347946894.jpg (1003x767, 156K)

And what stops those fucktards from getting another studio to help them?

Nintendo have Monolith and Retro working pretty much everywhere, hell even EAD or IS can take some of their workload.

Attached: 1553271806637.jpg (253x275, 22K)

>what is type identity
>what is checks and balances
Sure give every pokemon type a 80-95 100% acc move in both physical and special. Give most types most utility while you're at it. Strip down every unique aspect of every type and homogonize everything. Strip down the game to basic rock paper scisors because no type has inherant strengths and weaknesses in its movepool anymore.

>z moves and megas removed with nat dex
Good.

Fuck off sperg.

No way, fag.

Attached: 1499920631601.jpg (355x369, 38K)

Because god wouldn't want it to be actually readable.

Seriously, the larping faggots who copy/paste this ">muh reddit spacing" must have never fucking read a book. Or even a chapter of any book.

We don't want SwShitters there

A lot of these animations are taken from Pokken Tournament

I'd prefer if they stripped all that stuff, yes. It's just bloat to make the game even easier than it was, since kids love big glowing buttons that make you stronger for free.

Imagine a modern pokemon game with sprite graphics

If bootleggers can do it, why not Game Freak?

Attached: 1506400694975.png (600x600, 162K)

Bad machine translation.
Model =/= literal in-game 3D object. It can refer to "Set of plans" or "structural design". Ex: "Heliocentrism is the astronomical model in which the Earth and planets revolve around the Sun"

In other machine translations the word "model" is entirely removed, with "choices" replacing it. The context is about the game's design/decisions. Nothing to do with poke models themselves. They are talking about the hard decision to cut the pokemon roster, how it was already hard in Sun/Moon to keep them all. Makes no sense whatsoever that they are talking about poke 3D models in that paragraph, nothing that comes before or follows helps your case.

If the game is so easy, then who cares if it's easier? It's gonna be babby difficulty either way so at least let me have more options for multiplayer.

God no. Forget modern GF, if old GF games looked that shit then new GF would have any chance.

I like context when it comes to porn

what context do you need outside of "one-note character you won't see after the fight?"

>hurr durr gib sprites because game is complete flawless with sprites.
>but also let me forget that good spritework take effort and not everyone can do.

You retards should be shot.

Attached: 1553814789377.png (965x811, 495K)

The 3D graphics are the only thing that has been carrying pokemon the past 3 gens. If it was still sprite based then even the battling would be even MORE shit and then the games would have nothing going for them

>And what stops those fucktards from getting another studio to help them?
Game Freak want to do shit on their own and there's also the other cancer called The Pokémon Company.

Pretty cucked and retarded that not all of the pokes will be in. Literally contrary to the entire point of these games.

It's

easier

to

read

though.

Why

do

you

care

so

much

over

such

a

trivial

thing?

Are

you

that

petty?

bull fucking shit and if he actually believes that his workers are bullshitting him

>gamefreak is focusing more on another game
>when none of their non-pokemon games can even manage 100k

Same here. Hopefully the anime will suffice.

Attached: 057d8967a243eb71e554733c1c8f463b.jpg (1554x2570, 1.78M)

>We don't want be the pokemon guys.
>But also we don't want live without pokemon money since that would kill us.

PastYes because people are retarded.

The irony in this post is that this makes doing this since X/Y retarded and, say it with me, INCOMPETENT

The second layer of irony is that these models aren't even incapable on fucking PS3 tier hardward. Sonic in Unleashed had more tris than that Pokemon does. 5000 more. In Generations his classic self is ~20000 tris..

>Spend all that effort to "future-proof" the models for X/Y
>Be so fucking incompetent you can't even use the source models you made to avoid this problem
WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH THESE RETARDS?

Attached: 1498845714308.jpg (406x422, 22K)

While this is true, there's only one Sonic on screen in the (30fps) game. In Pokemon there's 6 as well as move effects.

bCoz Gamefreak is a small indie kickstarter

It takes up a larger amount of the screen, takes me longer to skip all the autists who do it.
>easier to read
Maybe if you're dyslexic

im convinced at this point the base formula of pokemon has carried them hard like there whole company is just a fluke

Xenoblade 2 have to constantly render a cloud sea on every open area and first game had a complete model of Mechonis on open fields.

Pokemon battles happen on a closed area instead of being on world itself. Shit is non issue.

>The Twitter user who posted it turns out to be a pedo and his account is set to private.
>He's lying to the people who still follow him
Nice.

Attached: EvenTheGifisaPedo.png (497x644, 412K)

>how dare people enjoy things I don't like

>it gets more low effort each time its shown in the official games
what the fuck

I can't wait for Sword/Shield to come out. Not to play it, but to read how shitty the games actually are. Can't wait to read what the dataminers have to say.

No shit, they would not have survived past the 90's without pokemon.

Do you see any of their game besides pokemon that have some kind of relevancy?

They day you realize no one gives a shit if something is easier for you is the first step into adulthood

Do not question product, consume product

I guess I forgot the fact the Switch isn't that much more powerful then a gen 7 console. (or even within Pokemon generations kek)

The retards think that any GF sprites that aren't gen 2 battle sprites and gen 4 backsprites are good. Leave them be.

They enjoy it because it is all they know. They couldn't fathom the game at a better quality so they never seek for such. They just wallow in ignorance.
Salvation is right down the street but they never leave the house.
They could have it better. But they are too ignorant to know any better.

The only way that post was "more readable" if that faggot was a phoneposter, which is 100% likely. So just ignore his posts user.

retards

Trading evolution is the most goddamn stupid thing ever.
It either encourages some people to be raging assholes and not give you back your pokemon, or it forces you to buy a second console and game for the sake of trading with yourself.

>SWSH end up being the lowest rated Pokémon games ever
>The Pokémon Company hire a new studio to develop all future mainline games (preferably Geniuos Sonority)
>Game Freak gives Masuda the boot and goes back to creating soulful games like pic related
A man can dream

Attached: 94558D6F-DE12-48EE-88B2-90905BAC56A2.jpg (800x508, 135K)

>Game Freak is looking like Todd Howard or Peter Molyneux.
What the fuck.
>Have the biggest grossing franchise in the planet, at least you own and get 30% of all the money, still make a piss poor game.
Come the fuck on, They had time since 2013 and decided to don't give a single fuck whit resources to spare and a shit ton of man power to fucking hire, but decided not to.
>B-but it will still sell over 10M.
I can give a fuck if it sells, i know some retarded shills will buy 10 double packs just to spite people whit standards in games.
All i hope is that dumb as fuck side project TOWN bombs HARD like not even 0.5M just to fucking rub it in on Game Freaks Lazy ass.

Attached: Time to collapse.png (618x488, 76K)

No need to

>It takes up a larger amount of the screen
Phoneposter detected

You are trying way too hard to fit in. Ironically, it's you faggots who are the newfags.

Attached: reddit spacing.jpg (981x211, 39K)

>(preferably Geniuos Sonority)

They have like 15 members on staff and already are working with GF on main games.

>getting triggered over spaces.

Pathetic

This is pretty much it. I'd do the same if I were in their shoes.

I mean, thats how Nintendo's relationship is. They make a shitton of money off of pokemon, and they dont have to do shit, all they do is publish, and not even in Japan. They just focus on developing their own shit being as good as possible while having pokemon coming in as a fat check and a system seller.

>they aren't reusing models, they just remade them from the ground up while looking exactly the same as the old models, with identical animations
>prease understandu
I don't know what this is meant to say, are you defending their incompetence by showing they're even more incompetent than we thought they were? Or what's the deal here?

Attached: 1530235588733.jpg (435x338, 47K)

>implying ignorance isn't a blessing

Genius Sonority aren't the revered developers you seem to think they are.

>(preferably Geniuos Sonority)
Poor sweet clueless summer child...
So cute

Nintendo have tolerance, but even them have limits. They yanked Metroid from Bameco for example.

If Pokemon don't make switch hit the target sales i'm pretty sure that going be really happy with GF.

A blessing on those who have it. A curse on the populous around said person.

Nintendo could have had a perfect E3, but this is such a monumental shitstain on it that nobody talks about anything else from it

Okay I’ll bite. What’s the deal with GS

They made the Colo games. Now they're in mobile hell from what i recall

>They enjoy it because it is all they know.
This is the reason why I'm hoping Switch owners actually buy AND play Dragon Quest XI. It won't take long for them to realize just how far Game Freak has fallen.

Attached: a639a982a4a9b7633290952952ddf4e1837ec54659b09f22603b7b98e155197c.png (1920x1080, 3.22M)

Gamefreak already absorbed them.

They made the Gamecube and Wii pokemon games. Sword and Shield's art director is the most notable GS employee absorbed into GF.

Someone explained it in another thread, but Pokemon's ownership is suck a fucking mess (due to pic related). Pokemon's ownership is split between Nintendo, Game Freak and Creature. But, as I understand it, it's the Pokemon Company who publishes it. So they are getting the cut as the developer of the game. They'll get 25% after all is said and done. Moreover, Game Freak isn't owned by Nintendo, so its hard for them to step in and either get them to do better or bring in staff or resources. So even though Pokemon sells a shit ton, Game Freak only gets so much back. Some of it is bad programmer, but part of it is the fact that they aren't getting as many resources as a series this big should. Obvious solution is for Nintendo to just buy them up but that's easier said than done and the games are doing well enough now that its not worth the cost.

Attached: Please Be Paitent I Cant Run a Business.jpg (274x328, 10K)

gamefreak owns 1/3 of pokemon so nintendo can't just fuck with them like that

If anyone played anything on Switch they would know Game Freak fucked up.

>It either encourages some people to be raging assholes and not give you back your pokemon
What, you are too much of a bitch to kick them in the dick if they don't?

Didn't Serebii used to be based? What happened?

Gen 8 doesn't even have an art direction

It appears that this isn't the case, and that it's misinformation from bad translations becoming widespread.

What was construed as "models" from the translated articles appears to have not been referring to the 3D models for animation, but for development models, plans, designs, etc.
They were saying they had to get adjusted to development on the Nintendo Switch as a system, as it's something Game Freak has little experience in.

If you look at Game Freak's recent gameography (if that's a word), their most recent console games were Tembo the Badass Elephant, Pokémon Quest, and Giga Wrecker Alt.

Tembo was developed using Unity of all things, it was probably also made by the B-team as a dev exercise much like Town is.
Pokémon Quest was also developed using Unity and also for mobile, it was likely used as an exercise for Switch development.
Giga Wrecker Alt I'm not as sure about.

Point is they were taking steps to get ready to develop a mainline Pokémon entry on console grade hardware instead of their handheld/mobile environments of the good part of two decades. Let's Go would've been part of that exercise.

I don't believe them for a fucking second since they made those models for X and Y and Sun and Moon to be futureproof. If modders can emulate Sun and Moon in amazing 4K quality just by upscaling the models, I fail to see how Gamefreak is so incompetent at their own job.

Is Pokemon Sword and Shield the TORtanic of Pokemon?

Have you ever read anything besides Yea Forums posts?

>(due to pic related)
Gamefreak, Creatures, and Nintendo founded TPC while Iwata was still working at HAL. Yamauchi was leading Nintendo at the time.

Attached: 1558952752627.png (499x338, 38K)

WTF

Attached: 1563103932000.gif (480x272, 1.69M)

This is the stupidest shit I've ever read lmao. No shit they aren't reusing the same exact models, they just polished them up for the switch and reused the exact same """""high quality""""" animations. The shilling is so fucking real. Unfortunately chinks are fine settling for mediocrity, due to the mobile game microtransaction culture deathgrip on their 3 inch peckers, so this game will probably be successful enough due to them.

He's taking the heat for this right now too.

Earlier tweet where he was backing up the (now deleted) tweet from xenochu
twitter.com/JoeMerrick/status/1150046237804154881

Most recent tweets about him getting a lot of shit for circulating the misinformation.
twitter.com/JoeMerrick/status/1150517167718379520

He doesn't deserve abuse or mistreatment but he has to owe up to being wrong. I had faith in him for the earlier corroboration too, since of course, I can't read Japanese and I was under the impression that he could.

This is how you know anyone defending this is either a delusional developer apologist or a fucking shill, especially after the "high quality animations" excuse they gave. "AAA" game studio my ass, fucking pathetic

you're supposed to intentionally gimp yourself to make it challenging
it's a game that retarded kids can beat

>all this denial

Attached: 1540400681073.jpg (1106x1067, 461K)

Attacks in chinkomon are fixed and locked to each Pokémon, it’s not remotely the same thing people are just being retarded and looking for any excuse to cry about no National Dex.

THIS IS QUALITY! QUALITY!!!!!

SMALL

INDIE

COMPANY

fpbp

Weak bait. Books aren't five lines.
Maybe you think they should, so that they were easier to read, though.

Its also a case of the deadlines being put on them, pokemon games are pretty much NOT allowed to be delayed anymore after the Gold and Silver fiasco because its part of an ecosystem far larger than itself.
And the yearly releases are starting to show how much their taking their toll. I can't imagine the gamefreak is imposing these yearly games on themselves, it makes more sense to be coming from tcpi. But it could be gamefreak's doing, trying to bite off more than they can chew.

No matter how powerful Nintendo hardware becomes, Game Freak will NEVER be able to utilize it properly.

Attached: D_X05bBXUAEy8wx.jpg (1195x1200, 128K)

>it's a game that retarded kids can beat
It's funny cause Masuda noted that several Japanese kids got stuck on Mt. Coronet in Gen 4

Please don't sexualize my bro.

Attached: C5wvXsRUoAAMN9n.png (600x574, 258K)

see

>Gold and Silver fiasco
explain

twitter.com/_DJTHED/status/1149932815154159616
>UVs match up perfectly
>They're totally new guys!

Attached: untitled2.png (671x769, 341K)

Mt. Coronet was basically HM hell. Navigating it requires dedicated HM slaves if you want a manageable team.

t. shill. Obviously it's an issue for a good portion of people that their favorite Pokemon from past games aren't in there, but the even bigger issue is the blatant lying about "time constraints" and "making 'high quality' animations". They pandered to faggot normie genwunners for the Go/Let's Go shit in the past few years and they have the gall to say that straight to our faces. Stop excusing bad behavior like this, nut up and actually criticize poor design choices for once instead of saying "stop crying", "you try making games" and other gay shit.

Can games where you can grind your characters to max level in the first area really be challenging?
They've been decently balanced, I think. I remember your rival underneath the bicycle road being quite difficult compared to the trainers nearby, though.

Just wait, this will make it to the final game. Just you fucking wait

Attached: 1540838054762.png (554x554, 47K)

Not happening.
I sexualize all cutemons.

Attached: 1553701662719.png (341x391, 199K)

>Because it was a 3ds game. A switch cart has much more space.

Exactly this. I understand that eventually there was gonna be a time when they started cutting Pokemon, but what is absolutely so ridiculous is that they chose to cut now when they're switching to an actual console with a higher price tag. Now is the time for them to really make the fans happy because they would have the space and specs for it, and consumers wouldn't have any problem with the extra $20 since they'd be getting much more content. But no, GF, being as horrible as ever, raise the price and cut out even more content. They should have just stayed on 3DS and kept the 3DS price, because this isn't worth the Switch game price.

They're not getting a dime from me.

Unlikely. Someone on reddit who actually had to watch pokken tournament animations over and over and over and over stated that they aren't the same and pointed out a couple of differences and Charizard was the only one that could be considered close to the original animation. While that doesn't conclusively prove that it's not, its enough for me.

>tell 3d artist gf this
>she bursts out laughing
LMAO

He is such a bootlicking shill holy christ.
>Are you an expert in development?
NIGGA ARE YOU!? POSTING THE SAME CELEBI JPG ISN'T DEVELOPMENT FOR YOUR SHITTY 2009 WEBSITE

Establishing The Pokemon Company was the first job Iwata had. And he was working with pokemon long before. Of course Iwata didnt do it alone but he was the one really given the role of the project.
iwataasks.nintendo.com/interviews/#/ds/pokemon/0/2

>Tembo he badass elephant

I had to google this because it sounds like a meme game somebody would make up as satire, but this makes a lot more sense than “Gamefreak is just lying”

I bought it, it was dull. I'd buy Tempoknight again if it wasn't locked to the 3DS.

>went back to find this part in a trailer
>watch the trailer showing gigantamaxing
>the framerate lags showing Rose
Jesus fucking christ it just gets so much worse.

Most of that is optional. You only need Strength and Rock Climb to get up to Spear Pillar.

>Battle UI of whichever game it is in the video has each move tied to an individual button along with the other menu items
I wish Game Freak would realise they can do this instead of continuing to mandate many needless button presses with their shit battle UI.

>Now is the time for them to really make the fans happy because they would have the space and specs for it, and consumers wouldn't have any problem with the extra $20 since they'd be getting much more content.
LGPE proved that doesnt matter in the slightest, sorry. It only had 151 pokemon and sold like hotcakes, at $60.

>They look identical
Extremely similar, but not 1:1 identical. Some very minor details are different.
>Why did they make them look identical
Making games is hard, please understand

Yes, but how is the player to know that when tackling Mt Coronet for the first time?
Any optional path may look like the path ahead.

I have dabbled in 3D modelling, but not enough to know all the jargon, what's the issue?

>Some very minor details are different.
Such as...?

It's a decent game, enjoyable but nothing outstanding.

Wouldn't mind if it somehow got a Switch release, I really enjoy the comic work of James Turner employed in Tembo and HarmoKnight.

faggot

The only optional path that requires an HM is a small pool of water that visibly leads to a Waterfall, something you don't have the HM to get up yet. Rock Smash is only used for shortcuts, and I mean really shortcuts, like "I don't wanna walk through these four tiles of grass" shortcuts.

I genuinely hope your place of residence burns down if you think GameFreak is better than fucking MONOLITHSOFT of all companies.

Borderline impossible, unless you're crazy talented and autistic enough to do it.

It's basically impossible to get UVs to match 1:1 with different models. So a good way to tell if two models are the same or one is based off the other is to look at the UVs, they will never be the same.

>Nintendo is recycling old models! Looks at these animation comparisons
>Nintendo: No we're not!
>Oh ok
Case closed my nibba!

>Nintendo.

Ah, sounded to me like you were making fun of the guy who made the video. I guess I just misread.

It's patent bullshit. The models wouldn't be 100% identical if they were made from scratch. If they really were remade, the assets were already mapped to the point where it's clearly easy as fuck, since they're fucking identical. The error doesn't even make sense, they have a 3D library to port from. Also, the models have more than enough polygons to dynamax without issue, or rather downscale for the regular model. Again, total fucking bullshit. Only Pokemon fans are stupid enough to eat this up.

Attached: 1511722089821.png (1101x917, 489K)

No, the guy is right. It's really fucked.

No, they are literally the same. What the hell is wrong with you?

>taken
No, they were animated manually. Pokken uses its own custom models, it only recycles the 3DS ones for assists and background mons. So they weren't lifted from the game, just based on it.

Textures. Nothing else. Just textures. The model is 1:1.

>Serebii Joe on damage control again
How many times is he going to get BTFO before he stops this charade? Guy's losing it

Attached: autism.png (600x826, 79K)

It's funny to see that Game Freak can't get shit for free on this games, it happens that for every mistakes on these games a random artist/professional in these aspects just bashes their huge mistakes.
>Pic related the Queen(King) of Polygons.

Attached: Futureproof.png (1307x988, 49K)

>grown men arguing over a children’s game on whether it has good animations or not
This somehow both amuses and depresses me

Attached: 4777C952-6F99-4F0F-8E8A-4E2EFA362D15.png (625x605, 54K)

I kept seeing this thinking it was a model for some other JRPG but I just now realized it's Primarina. I'm retarded.
Though just this model without any textures looks fucking great. Can't really explain why.

Did you even read the thread? That's not what it's about at all.

THAT ISN'T WHAT HE SAID IN THE INTERVIEW. I'M SO FUCKING SICK OF EVERY SHITTY CLICKBAIT """"""""""""""""""""""""""""JOURNALISM""""""""""""""""""""" SITE TAKING THIS RIDICULOUS MISTRANSLATION AND SPREADING IT AS FACT. IT'S NOT EVEN GOOD SHILLING BECAUSE NO MATTER HOW YOU INTERPRET IT, GAMEFREAK IS EITHER LYING OR GROSSLY INCOMPETENT.

>manchildren arguing over a children's game on whether it has good animations or not

They're not arguing about whether they're good, they're arguing about whether they're recycled from the old games. As in the topic of this thread. It's funny and sad because of Joe's desperate damage control coupled with blatant ignorance.

>nonononono, it's manchildren arguing over polygons in a children's game and muh e-celeb joe a bloo bloo BLOO

>damage controlling this hard because you're illiterate
You'd make Joe proud

And of course the post with actual information is being ignored because it doesn’t play into the anti gf complex.

>not tuned into /vp/ autism to an autistic degree
>fuckING JOE APOLOGIST OMG

No? They still have no excuse for cutting Pokemon. Mistranslation or not, the models were clearly recycled. It's still lazy and incompetent.

Context
docs.google.com/document/d/1T03wbj0XSpUb6ZVFuMbXWJNNFUq0t9oQyZBsNfTE8lM/mobilebasic

Based.

>autism to an autistic degree

Attached: why the fuck.png (135x160, 44K)

>more illiteracy
I didn't say you're defending Joe you fucking retard, I said you're damage controlling like he does. Why comment on an image you clearly didn't read? To what end?

>removes the subject of the quote to further a point
autism

>there's only one Sonic on screen
One Sonic in a highly detailed environment with up to dozens of enemies and particle effects at the exact same time. That's at least equal to what is demanded out of Pokemon.

>Mistranslation or not, the models were clearly recycled.
Sure, but that's not the point anymore. Gamefreak never claimed otherwise.

Based desu

Do you mean that it's lazy that they're cutting the Pokémon when they have their future proof models that they're using?

Because I would agree, what would've been the point of future proofing if you don't maintain the full roster when re-using the models designed for that purpose?

A quality over quantity claim doesn't hold up here.

So the we are back to square one. Where Masuda lied about working on high quality animations and models. and GF have no excuse to remove the dex.

i dont think they mean models. those are the exact same. textures however are new yes

You have 10 seconds to tell me why you should care about pokemon past platinum

Attached: 1370322954480.png (500x803, 597K)

BW2

didn't even say they suck.

Attached: reeeeeeeeee.jpg (1195x852, 160K)

Black 2 and White 2 have the most content, passion, care, features, and fun packed into a Pokemon mainline game.

Let me get this straight:
If they're not lying (which they are), they're retardedly stupid and short-sighted.
If they're lying, why trust them your money?

The more I see this screenshot the more I wish monolithsoft would just make these games PC exclusive instead of tegra x1 tier of cancer exclusive.

B2W2

Attached: 1555669936005.jpg (569x760, 46K)

Why is she doing this

What they seem to be saying is at this point implementing every single Pokémon is hurting the quality of the actual gameplay due to dev time investment and the Pokémon fan base is saying “I don’t care about the quality of the game as long as all the Pokémon are in”.

Replace that monster with a pokemon, replace the main character with a pokemon trainer, and that's the pokemon game we could have gotten.

I wish fucking Nintendo had the IP they wouldn't let stupid shit like this happen

Ganefreak a shit

I wish Nintendo held Ragnarok Online IP.

Attached: 1517928092138.jpg (1098x735, 228K)

Misinformation and a web of lies to justify being fed shit.

I don't understand why apologists are so zealous. It makes me sad Pokemon will never be good again.

Attached: 1439790606314.gif (400x306, 1.95M)

Only in the west, because they love to swallow GameFreak's waste, in Japan sales have been declining for a long time. We can only assume things until the first week of release comes, then we'll know how this whole boycot will actually affect the sales.

People would've gotten over the dex issue by now if Sword and Shield actually looked like a marked improvement over the last 6 years of 3DS games, but the models and animations are exactly the same. All they've done is removed features, by both making the dex smaller and removing Megas and Z-moves.

What makes it worse is marketing Pokemon Home as a new and improved Pokemon Bank, only to suddenly say a third of your Pokemon can't be transferred (also pay us an annual fee), and then lying about models and animations being new.

>transfer pokemon to home
>find out you now have to keep paying for them to not be euthanized
10/10 business model, there's no way this won't end up having terrible publicity.

To me it looks like this will be the first Pokémon in a while not hopelessly broken by welfare legends and megas/Z moves so I’m happy, couldn’t give a rats ass about muh Woobat.

>conveniently forgetting about the fact this is shaping up to be Weather Wars 3.0 ft Stall

Yeah, it will be completely broken by OUs instead.

Then why don't the pokemon have better animations now that they cut half of them? The answer is because they lied and are just lazy and incompetent. Forcing newbies to be the main workforce for the franchise while everyone else works on GF's other games nobody buys.
They want all the pokemon money but they don't want to make anymore pokemon games.

This will be the most imbalanced one by the looks of it

Why wouldn't you just transfer them into one of your other games?

>Pokemon has turned into PETA and ASPCA
Having the biggest mindfuck right now.

Too bad for you since Dyna/Gigantamax is just Z-moves and mega evolutions clumsily put together while it is confirmed the Stall Kind and Queen return to the games roster.
If anything the game is more busted.

In the simplest way I can explain it.
A UV Map is what happens when you want to add a 2D texture to a 3D model.
It flattens the 3D model into a 2D square so your jpeg can be added to the model.
The software will automatically create the UV map for you, and the UV map that's generated will be semi-random.
Meaning if you were to make a model from scratch, you'll never get the same UV map.

Attached: uv.jpg (1024x601, 70K)

>Pelliper confirmed
>T-Tar confirmed
>Mimikyu confirmed
>FERROTHORN confirmed
>Toxapex confirmed
>Clefable confirmed
>Gigantmantmax moves that do shit like a 130BP STAB Water move that also lays Stealth Rocks
>entirely possible that checks to the meta from previous gens literally won't be in these games
This game is either going to be even more unbalanced than Gen 7 or just as bad, all the same OU mons are present

Obviously this isn't a 100% concrete fact until we get a hold of the direct assets after release, but with my (admittedly middling) experience in 3D modeling and texturing, personally I'm sold enough to call it. "New models" is another fucking lie.

And now I'm seeing tards deflecting to "well they clearly must've been talking about textures". Nice fucking try for the shills, but that wasn't what was under conjecture in the first place.

Yes, that would fall under "gross incompetence"

Do you think Home's going to tell you pre-transfer that your pokemon will be trapped in Home unless there's another game that happens to have it? Your pokemon are just going to be messily strewn about like 5 different games at best, and half are chained to Home's basement wall at worst

I wouldn't doubt that.
Back in the day, the Squaresoft CEO moves the company to a different building because a fucking fortune teller told him to.

Don't forget, Chansey's almost certainly going to be back, and Dynamax apparently is +50% to the strongest stat so now Chansey will have like 370 base HP if it decides to go that route. We don't even know if it'll require a held item either so it'd still have Eviolite if that's the case

>Singles
>Competitive

Stop please the Smogon meta is already artificial as fuck just with BP ban, I play on cart with moody BP smeargle away from the autists.

>Eviolite Dynamax Chansey that completely and utterly walls any other Dynamax moves
Fun. People bitch about Megas but don't realize Dynamax is just going to create either massive walls or massive sweepers. Imagine something like Dynamax Salamence killing something and getting the Moxie boost, and when Dynamax wears off you're still looking at a +2 Salamence that can be holding a Scarf or some shit.
Gmax Alcremie has an AOE heal that also does huge damage, please do not pretend like this shit isn't going to fuck up doubles too.

I don’t even think you can Dynamax outside gyms and raids. It will probably be in the first VGC though.

user I know Gamefreak is retarded but even they aren't dumb enough to introduce a new gimmick and have it NOT be usable in multiplayer. Come on now.

I wonder how Super Fang or Endeavor gonna work against Dynamax/Gigantomaxed pokemons?

The way it's worded, that "AoE Heal" sounds more like a partywide heal.
I dont understand how anyone who hated megas can like Dynamax, because megas at least made eternal shitmons like Mawile and Beedrill better. This shit, why would you ever Dynamax anything that isn't something like Garchomp or Gyarados?

How do you feel that pokemon will move onto the lets go series and mobile games now? The main series is as good as dead in investors eyes

Attached: lets go.jpg (1200x630, 260K)

It’ll probably be an optional mode you can search for online I.e dyna singles singles dyna doubles doubles

>+50% to strongest star

Local shuckle fucking invincible

Oh no, the article quotes have spaces between them.

What are you, fucking five?

>The way it's worded, that "AoE Heal" sounds more like a partywide heal.
Pretty sure it's just everyone on the Alcremie's side, including Alcremie. This would be fine if not for the fact that on top of healing you and your teammate, you're also doing what looks to be a Z move that hits both opponents.
That doesn't make any sense. GF has never gone through the trouble of making a "no megas" or "no zmoves" option in online pvp.

TPCi probably caught wind of the mistranslation and slipped some $151 Paychecks to everyone to spread it around in order to make their parents look better by way of "See? They're putting EFFORT into the games contrary to what you think, they just can't focus on the petty bullshit you want because they had to recreate EVERY Pokemon from SCRATCH!"

fpbp

Not reusing model sure.
At least they didn't deny reusing animation.

in 1998 in unreal 1 you could change the drawscale of a model in real time, it would be an absolute joke if in 2019 they can't

But megas and Z moves aren’t restricted to certain areas in single player, it’s obvious Dynamax isn’t meant to be balanced but even if it’s not both players have access to it anyway.

It's far more likely that it's for plot reasons or for ingame balance so the player doesn't shitstomp the entire game with a Dynamax Pokemon (you could do this very easily in ORAS)
Assuming that just because something is somewhat restricted in singleplayer means it'll be restricted in multiplayer despite being the generation's main gimmick is really dumb.

And yet Dynamax is going to be allowed freely in multiplayer interactions, which is what GameFreak uses as a crutch for "postgame content" as of Gen 6.

Have
Sex

>Dynamax isn’t going to be allowed freely in multiplayer interactions

Source?

Sonic games have to render a shit ton of effects and environments really fast. Also all the Hedgehog Engine games were extremely detailed and had realistic lighting which was one of the reasons Sonic Unleashed was framecap at 30fps.

>literally reading the opposite of what I said

Attached: 1495574274824.jpg (943x960, 59K)

I don’t give a fuck if the game looks pretty I would gladly take the sprites we had in the old games or reused 3ds graphics if it meant we could have all our Pokebros in Sword and Shield. Fuck I would be happy if they delayed the game for a year if that’s what it took to put all of them in.

Save
Hex
?

Attached: 1554492419417.jpg (724x1023, 92K)

Sorry typo

>Dynamax is going to be allowed in all multiplayer interactions

Source?

probably. it's been in a minimum of two trailers already.

i've never gone to vp or cared about pokemons after 1st grade, but is this /vp/'s gamergate? is that why it's here everyday?

Thanks. I have tried texturing, so I've worked a bit with it before.

Gamefreak said they couldn’t get all the Pokémon into the new games and are now going to rotate them like MtG, people are now nitpicking poorly translated statements of why.

We've seen Pokemon maxing in the online arena, which is clearly modeled and designed after league stadiums in order to accommodate maxing.

Attached: 73.jpg (570x320, 50K)

Yea Forums in general enjoys a good disaster and this one being Pokemon-related certainly hasn't stifled discussion.

>tfw a 2009 game made by small studio with less of a budget looks better than Pokémon SS

that sounds really simple and not really that big of a deal

why is the pokemon community going hysterical and it isn't ending?

>looks better
10x better

all games are children's games, user.

It seems most of those autist strictly only play Pokemon since Red/Blue. Criticism is fine tho.

Because some Pokeautists cannot enjoy the game if their favorite Pokémon isn’t in it I guess.

What’s hilarious is after black and white 2 when they switched to 3D is when the games started dropping in quality and people started complaining. So they say “ok we’re gonna have less Pokémon and focus on new features instead we can’t do both” and people go apeshit.

One of Pokemon's biggest pros despite all of the cons was consistently including every species of Pokemon in every single game, namely due to how easy the copypaste job is, and now for no apparent reason other than "make even more money by forcing you to get a Home subscription before Bank shuts down so your Non-Galar Compatible Pokemon don't get trapped in Gen 6-7 forever" they're culling this pro out of existence and giving all sorts of shitty excuses as to why they're doing it instead of doing like other Japanese developers and just making a vague statement that it's necessary to continue developing Pokemon titles going forward.
And it's not just a one-time ordeal, either, they've made a new policy that confirms we're getting a rotating cast every single game that completely kills any sense of compatibility more than ever.

forgot
>evolving by having a specific amount in a certain stat
>evolving and having an extra pokeball and open slot in party

so what you are saying is that by creating the ultimate autism force who buy your games based on their obsession of certain, select, colorful pokemon that are in every game, they've now not only shot their foot, but blown their entire leg off clean via self-IED by not continuing this tradition that fosters said obession from via said autism?

The thing is, those autists are just a minority.
The real money comes from the absurd masses of normalfags who don't care about old Pokemon unless their names are Pikachu or Charizard and are guaranteed customers so long as those two are in.

holy based and redpilled

No it’s more like they stubbed their toe, game is going to sell like hot cakes regardless just like LGP/LGE they just triggered some autists that will buy it anyway.

Are there any games LIKE Pokemon, that go deeper into the challenge aspect? Off the top of my head, I can think of FFT, Suikoden, and maybe Fire Emblem, for the "collect and level a party from a bunch of options" aspect.

>it really doesn't matter at all
so the hysterics are far, far overblown and these threads are just autism for autism sake

>and people go apeshit.
they have a right to because gayfreak simply isn't delivering.

>and these threads are just autism for autism sake
It's almost like we're on Yea Forums

It's just the despair setting in as more and more people realize Pokemon literally doesn't need to try anymore so long as they meet the bare minimum of Pikachu, Charizard and a handful of new marketable critters who only last for a good 2-3 years before a new batch is required.
You can thank the jump to 3D and GO for this.

SMT is for intellectuals, unironically.
>mature themes
>genuinely difficult while being very fun
>amazing OST in all entries
>collection and dungeon crawling to satisfy potential autists

Attached: tfw too smart.jpg (1000x1000, 233K)

youtu.be/Xr0B9HVrCLg

You'd have a good point if these games didn't look like Wii titles.
>GF claims the cut was for "high quality animations"
>Pokemon still using animations off the 3DS
>NPCs reusing 3DS animations
>animations are still sterlie and lackluster
>cut features people like like Megas and Following Pokemon
>empty Wild Area
>Dynamax uninspired and doesn't fix the balancing issues
>no promise of post release update patches like every other dev

I think if the game really did look good, like, excellent, people would be forgiving of the dex cut, but because the games still look like upscaled 3DS titles, the claim that the cull is for quality is being called bullshit and gives everyone the right to nitpick. When Pokemon can move like webm related is when I'll forgive GF, till then fuck em.

Attached: hitmonchad.webm (464x578, 810K)

Wait, so this is the new shit there making now?

Doesn't this make them more lazier?

Attached: 1548874347851.gif (336x256, 401K)

That game uses stolen animations from Pokken and fucking Naruto.
I still hate Sword and Shield and have no intentions of buying or playing in any form whatsoever but you're giving the chinks too much credit.

>Muh grafix
>Over Pokemon

>BRAND NEW Pikachu model
>shoulders clipping into it's head just like the XY, SM and LGPE Pikachu model
OH NO NO NO NO NO MASUDA I THOUGHT THOSE WERE NEW MODELS

Maybe, maybe. Too many friends went ironic weeb/actual tranny status while hyping that series up, kinda put a bad taste in my mouth

>Following Pokemon
Didn't the SM datamine reveal there are animations for every mon's walk cycle? There's no reason it shouldn't be in, especially given how soul it feels.

Goddamn I hate gamefreak and m*suda

Attached: 1517295613288.jpg (249x243, 12K)

Don't forget
>GIGANTAMAX T-TAR CONFIRMED

Sounds like something Personafags would do.

Attached: gale.jpg (1280x720, 65K)

youtube.com/watch?v=JD7wtgYg4tg
youtube.com/watch?v=_hxb7pOI-cE
youtube.com/watch?v=1Xl-gAq477Y
youtube.com/watch?v=47Ow07GxFNI
youtube.com/watch?v=HGYFNbQdfj4
youtube.com/watch?v=qqkIgAf5FAg
youtube.com/watch?v=8XA0ClmKH4A
Enjoy.

I'll re-emulate the dothack quartet and play the steam one afterwards instead, but thank you anyway

Again, no one would be saying muh graphix if Masuda didn't deliberately use graphics and animations as the reason for cutting the dex. They did this to themselves.
Reusing Pokken animations was debunked, also the Pokemon games are still reusing animations from the 3DS, so it's a moot point if you ask me. The fact is one looks awesome and the other looks like shit, that's the only thing people are driving at with this.
Yes, every single Pokemon and every single form, from Megas to stupid shit like Zen Mode Darmanitan, they all had walk/run cycles and are even being used in Sw/Sh. Why we can't ride our own Pokemon I have no idea.

Attached: harden.webm (1608x434, 912K)

What gets me is that this either means the bracelet has its own bone and it's been animated out of sync with the arm's animation/linked to a body bone, or the bracelet (somehow) has partial rigging on some of the body bones.

Could you post this on reddit so I can upvote you? Thanks

From what I’ve heard “muh grafix and animations” is both mistranslated and taken out of context where he is also talking about the problems of balance and developing for the switch.

FPBP

If you have a hacked 3DS you can always check out the remake of Strange Journey (mainline) and the remakes of the more anime spin-offs Devil Survivor 1 and 2. Or play it on PC, not sure how good 3DS emulation is because I have a 3DS.

Yeah. What newfag would do something like that? You're the cancer that is killing Yea Forums newshitter

Attached: 1507001292449.png (981x211, 130K)

F P B P
P
B
P

>that genesect

Attached: dab.gif (524x374, 111K)

I do have a 3DS (actually new 3DSXL) but still emulate through Citra for shits and giggles. It just feels dead to me, dunno why.

the games can be good, though. don't let fags ruin something in a manner like that, disregard them and form your own opinion by watching gameplay independent of said ironic weebs. or maybe just read some stuff about it, both good and bad reviews.
I've enjoyed cyber sleuth, and the hard mode can actually be pretty tough. you need to constantly upgrade your digimon and give them the best support and attack moves you can get form them at the current story point, at least on hard mode.

putting newfag r*ddit dweebs on blast

It's cute as fuck.

You joke but I was on a plane playing Pokémon with Pancham on my party in Gen 7 and I was grinding the SHIT outta that motherfucker until he was like level 45 and he STILL didn't evolve. First thing I did when I landed was to check Serebii for "how tf this panda ass motherfucker evolve" and lo and behold.

"Needs a Dark type Pokémon in your party."

>>From what I’ve heard “muh grafix and animations” is both mistranslated and taken out of context
youtu.be/TmWu-f6L0Mo?t=1576
No it's not.

Great, definitely check out Strange Journey, Devil Survivor 1 and Devil Survivor 2, they are great games. Devil Survivor 1 probably has the best morality endings of any SMT game.

>Devkits are easy enough to have indies porting their crap in matter of weeks and shit like NIS having zero issues with them.
>Also Nvidia APi and UE4 support.
>We are struggling guise plz understand.

They can suck a nigger dick. Also Nintendo give those retards devkits way before everyone else.

Attached: 1554676438500.jpg (230x255, 17K)

Funny enough. It doesn't.

U. Necrozma was Gamfreaks idea of "Challenge" Where it basically sweeps your entire team with 190 base power psychic wave with STAB or whatever. It was so broken that the best strategy was to literally toxic it and stall it out.

more like, 8 years later of trying to patch from kRO

>You kept the stall gods after the cut. You don't give a fuck about balance.
Who're the stall gods again? All I remember is Ferrothorn

Toxapex.

>sold like hotcakes, at $60.
It's not only the worst selling game out of all the Mainline Pokemon Franchise, but it bombed horribly in Japan. They didn't let you know this because they keep removing the 1* reviews in Amazon JP

Clefable and Toxapex, remember Toxapex has some of the best defenses in the game with Recover and Regenerator.

Yeah, obviously you will be able to dynamax in one or more of the multiplayer modes. But how do you know it will be a mandatory thing when the game already acknowledges that it's too OP for general play in single player?

Why are people even talking about singles like it matters? There is no singles competitive scene in the real game. Stall is not a real strategy that works, it gets shit on by magic bounce BP so hard it's not even funny.

based schizo

>they were done from scratch, they just happen to look and animate exactly the same
It's the same fucking models barely touched up.
AND EVEN IF THEY WEREN'T, then it means they're redoing already perfectly good, high poly models and doing the exactly the same for no reason.

They're fucking idiotic no matter what, but I know GF is just lying through their teeth

Attached: 1547820950128.png (326x301, 48K)

Years ago G/S had to be delayed because GF was fucking stupid and couldn't add more than 6 pokemon in the cartrige. Iwata then stepped in and in a month not only fixed the entire game but also added in Kanto. Now for some reason they refuse to delay games anymore for some unknown reason despite it only being that one time.

I like them, though. They're cutemons.

Attached: pokemon clefairy.png (503x368, 80K)

From what I've heard, this exact fiasco delayed a lot of merchandises so badly, they formed TPCi to ensure there's a feasible deadline for every mainline game

That makes sense back in 1999 when you have Pokemon fever. Now that Pokemon is forever cemented in to the world it's just retarded.

Mareanie is my favorite line from Gen 7 but I agree that Toxapex is stupid strong and the fact that Masuda said they cut Pokemon for "balance" but left two of the strongest defensive mons in the game just makes you call BS.

It wouldn't be as bad if they added shit in post with updates, like Kirby Star Allies, Splatoon 2, or Xenoblade 2, but they won't.

Attached: 1518655470262.jpg (1200x915, 125K)

>feasible deadline
>expecting devs as amazingly incompetent as GF to be able to develop a 3d game in hd in 2 years
Pokemon needs to go the route of Zelda and not have a game until like 4 years after the last

> Masuda killed Iwata so no one can interfere into pokemon games development
Call the police.

Attached: monkaGIGA.png (128x128, 14K)

Why updates when they can get people to pay 60 dollars for a third version.

Specially at this point. They just need to make a huge game with all the pokemon, add some DLC and make it last 4-5 years. That way it can have some balance and let people actually catch them all.

>Iwata then stepped in and in a month not only fixed the entire but game also added in Kanto

Attached: 1513436300253.jpg (756x1100, 113K)

that user was exaggerating but iwata did step in to compress the game enough for gamefreak to have enough space to add 90% of kanto

The thing is. He's not even remotely lying.
Iwata just walking into the office one day and worked some sorcery and crammed Kanto into Gold and Silver.
One person was responsible for the best thing that happened to pokemon and a team of 150 people couldn't seem to hope to replicate that years later.