ITT: Bad combat

ITT: Bad combat

Attached: 1527880099287.webm (853x480, 2.84M)

Other urls found in this thread:

misplaceditems.com/rs_tools/graph/
youtu.be/hyz5zG_txsA
metacritic.com/browse/games/score/userscore/all/all/filtered?sort=desc
youtube.com/watch?v=OTWFqlT-yfk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

How do you get Gold Bokoblins to show up?

you have 20 health things anyway i doubt you can realistically lose this battle

>intentionally cheesing the enemy
>HEY EVERYONE! THIS COMBAT FUCKIN' SUCKS!

baka my head my man

If that's all you have to do to cheese enemies, then I think your game fucking sucks.

You can abuse mechanics in almost any game. As much as I’d like every single little encounter in botw to be as meaningful as a monster hunt in monster hunter, people would still find a reason to complain. Combat is a wash it is what you make it, I normally handicap myself somehow. I agree the durability mechanic is god awful and a chore that I can’t believe made it into the final game at all though. I do however feel that if they simply doubled the durability of every item the game would be fixed. I’m replaying it right now and the game is awesome despite a design flaw or two.

>pressing the attack button is cheesing

>weapon breaks after every enemy
Who thought this was a good idea?

Some Japanese guy

Attached: WitchRe_1200x500.jpg (1132x331, 257K)

$20+tip

I think they should half the durability instead. Weapons last way too long.

> I normally handicap myself somehow
If you have to normally handicap yourself to make the combat good or entertaining then you know the game has shit combat

You’re a madman

Makes every weapon useful even in the endgame. If weapons didn't break then everybody would immediately rush to Hyrule Castle, grab a bunch of higher tier weapons, rush to one of the Lynels, grab a Lynel Sword ++ and totally break the game. I much prefer this method in an adventure game over getting tiny incremental upgrades. The feeling of "Oh shit here's a really good weapon" doesn't fade away.

+3

I handicap in most games, I main h-3 in splatoon also a challenge makes the game more fun. Played only feral Druid on wow even through the shit years, play as inferno or fortress on heroes III. I bet you do it too without realizing it

ffxiv

When the stars align and I can actually play MCH without clipping then it becomes 10/10.

the witcher 3

Unironically this. If you're even slightly good at video games you're constantly running into the problem of using the same shit for 90% of the game and the only way to mitigate that problem is by level gating gear, and that also doesn't help because if you're good enough to never grind you'll never see any of that shit anyway.

DMCV

Attached: 1556098875209.webm (900x506, 2.89M)

yeah that's all you gotta do, find an endgame enemy and beat it to obtain it's weapon, then go cheese an early game moblin.

>I bet you do it too without realizing it
No, that's retarded

>cheesing
All of BOTW's combat is shit.

Did it get even worse at some point? I remember enjoying the game but I came back to it recently to play the expansions. It was never good but I don't remember it being pre-alpha proof of concept tier

master mode
But theres an internal value in game that makes the next tier of monsters replace the old ones. Killing monsters contributes towards it, and clearing divine beasts contributes alot

>ITT: People thinking Zelda games ever had "good" combat
Zelda games have always been simple combat and simple puzzles. Get off your fucking high horse

I don't think any Zelda games had good combat, I just made a thread about bad combat and posted an example. Why are you strawmanning?

Sounds like Fallout 2 and Dark Souls

>Still seething about breath of the wild

>I can run down a single weak enemy on horseback without danger, combat is SHIT
This is literally fine, barring the enemy being kind of spongey.
BOTW is unironically an improvement on the series combat though.

Attached: 1561457074974.png (392x421, 46K)

>couple hours into the game
>have about 10 hearts, mid-tier weapons and upgraded some of my armor
>game gets easier and easier
>no incentive to battle
>no incentive to upgrade my gear any further
>I'm essentially punished for using the only upgrading systems the game has to offer
How did people overlook this glaring flaw? Games get criticized all the time for being unbalanced, why does BotW get away with it?

>Why are you strawmanning?
Only commented on the replies.

I liked it a lot and I can barely wait for the "sequel".
I still need to finish the last master sword challenge and kill ganon. It's been months since I last touched it

because it's not a flaw and enemies get stronger as you progress

>your silverscale spear is badly damaged

Attached: 1553125217511.jpg (402x386, 55K)

Which reply said that
>ITT: People thinking Zelda games ever had "good" combat
?
Yeah, it's truly the cherry on the cake.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-01-14 at 12.09.16 PM.png (1680x348, 304K)

OP here, I love NieR Automata and enjoyed BotW despite the bad combat. Go complain about your imaginary boogeyman somewhere else, schizo.

This is a weird era of Yea Forums. Like it's always had its flavour of the week cookie cutter phrases that retards are constantly saying but this is the longest a group of them has ever lasted and they're more prevalent than they've ever been. At least several per thread, it's bizarre.

sure ;)

They get a little bit stronger but that's nothing compared to how OP you get. By the time black bokoblins spawn it's pretty much impossible for you to die unless you deliberately refuse to use items.

Not him but mods have stated in the past that a lot of games get threads made by the same few turbo autists over and over again. It's not a boogeyman, just a very weird thing to do.

>YOU GET STRONGER AS THE GAME PROGRESSES NOOOOOO

You say you care about that. but fail to appreciate how the durability system achieves something similar by having you favor weaker weapons throughout the game. Your "criticism" is shit.

yup

>RDR2
>Turn on ezmode cheats (Deadeye)
>easily headshot everyone
GOTY

I don't know about you kev, but good games like Dark Souls got harder the further I got. Meanwhile BotW had a decent difficulty at the beginning and got braindead easy halfway through.

Deadeye isn't an ezmode cheat you braindead shitter. You need to have it fueled and using health items costs you gold in missions. Also it slows down your aim

He's been posting that pathetic webm for THREE YEARS in a bid to convince himself BotW isn't one of the greatest video games of all time.

Sad boy.

Attached: 1548834715588.webm (800x450, 2.89M)

Yeah and you could still go back to the starting area and faceroll just like you can more easily faceroll the trash mobs in BOTW. What exactly are you whining about?

botw is braindead easy all the way through sadly. not like it can be helped when they didn't really add a combat system outside of mashing the attack button

There's a pretty large scale to that. You kind of should at least try to approach a game with an open mind and willingness to meet it halfway, and some games have minor flaws or ones that can quite easily worked around to let the true strengths of the combat shine through. You don't really gain anything from bruteforcing a broken strategy at every turn if you know you don't enjoy it and you know much more is possible.

okay shitter, keep humping that low skill floor and thinking you know shit

>just like you can more easily faceroll the trash mobs in BOTW
The problem is that you can faceroll everyone in BotW later on. The game literally goes from decently difficult to braindead easy. It's almost impossible to die later on. Meanwhile Dark Souls just gets harder, by giving you enemies with harsher movesets and higher stats. BotW however tries to make it more difficult by just upping the stats, but fails because upgrades, more health, more food and the 4 skills just outweight it to the point you're basically an undying god unless you gimp yourself hard.
It honestly is atleast decent in the beginning. Facing a guardian was the horror, later on they're an absolute joke.

Attached: dark souls 2.jpg (694x362, 142K)

if a game lets you cheese, its badly designed.

Just play Dark Souls if you want that, but that doesn't make the game flawed because you think it's too easy post game. It still grows progressively harder as you're progressing through the main content, but things eventually end

What does weapon durability have to do with anything? That shitty system has nothing to do with the game's difficulty. Oh wow I just wasted half of my weapons on this mob, guess I'll never do that again, damn this game is so hard wow.

>dude who cares about feeling like your getting stronger over time lmao

read the rest of my post hurrr

>but that doesn't make the game flawed
It does though.
>It still grows progressively harder as you're progressing
No, no it really doesn't. As you progress you only get more hearts, the broken skills from the story missions and upgrades for your armor. Enemies get recolors, but they're nothing compared to the things you get. By the end of the game it's basically impossible to die unless you commit suicide. Hell even at the middle it's way too easy and you only die if you act extremely stupid repeatedly within a short amount of time.

>BotW
>badly designed

You're desperate as fuck kiddo. As usual you have to pretend that things which exist in every fucking video game ever made is somehow a GAME BREAKING FLAW in BotW.

Interestingly enough, my gf played the entirety of BotW with fighting a single fucking thing. She just sneaked around every where. Had the time of her life. What an amazing game offering so much freedom. LITERALLY amazing. Certainly deserved that 97/100 in my book.

Attached: 1550188020559.jpg (212x219, 13K)

That was about the deadfire guy. He went on to mk11 shilling his futa on male fanfic and then cyberpunk.

>bullet time bullshit
Dropped.

It also allows you to pull of progressively more mechanically complicated maneuvers, that's not a bad thing.

It's just a bandaid solution for the gaping wound that is the open world meme + dumpster fire encounters + lack of actual melee combat
The scarcity of weapons and their lack of durability forces the player into using the different tools they have available rather than more traditional styles, on paper this is a very engaging and active playstyle but in execution it just falls flat on its face after a couple hours
Combine the lack of enemy variety in BotW with the fact that there's like 4 weapon types at most and the individual weapons pertaining to each type feel basically the same and you get this, uninspired sandboxy "make your own fun" combat BS as a massive copout because the devs didn#t have time to create proper combat challenges to overcome because they needed to stuff more useless and ultimately pointless shit in their game

not an argument.

Yeah, giving you more options is a good thing, but making the game piss easy isn't. If they just nerfed all upgrades/skills and wouldn't let you eat during combat without punishment, while also just expanding the enemy variety instead of just making stronger recolors of the 3 main enemies, the game would be MUCH better. I hope they do that in the sequel.

describe what you mean by piss easy. The game is casual, but it never pretends it's being Dark Souls. Also you can get tripped up by the combat quite often anyway

>activate win now mode
Truly a game for only the most intelligent adults

Even God Hand had bullet time

fuck off retard with your buzzwords

At least play the game before you shitpost about it. But you're so consumed by rage over the game you'll never accept reality anyway.

never seen such an assblasted reddit post before

>assblasted

Oh the ironing.

How many years have passed now?

>NOOOO WHY DON'T YOU LIKE MY GAME, MOOOOOOMMMMYYY

I fucking love yikes beats onions baka desu senpai and other previous meme speak we had

How about being EXTREMELY forgivable and just not letting you die unless you are absolute trash at video games? You have hundreds of hearts thanks to just pausing and eating, Urbosas Fury is basically a press Y to win button every 10 seconds, Miphas Grace is a second life+extra health, Daruks Protection protects you from 100% of the damage 3 times. Upgrading armor just makes it so you take MUCH less damage, but the enemies don't become strong enough to make up for it. Since the enemy variety is so little you also fight nothing but Lizalfloz, Moblins and Bokoblins for the majority of the time so you do not only get fucking broken abilities but you also memorize the easy moveset of the few enemies so you barely ever get hit (not like that's a problem because getting hit doesn't matter anyway). It simply becomes piss easy, in the beginning you can't just 1 shot everyone in your area 3 times while also having hundreds of hearts, a second life and 3 free hits. Seriously, why do I even have to explain this shit to you? Are you just being ignorant on purpose?

in your mind it probably feels like an eternity defending your favorite shit game on Yea Forums whenever someone calls it out hahahahah

>cherrypicked webm

pathetic

Attached: Hold O to Win.webm (640x360, 2.66M)

Nobody cares what you think. Its just embarrassing reading your pathetic posts. You've fighting this hilarious crusade against BotW for THREE YEARS. What have you achieved? Was it worth wasting your life crying about it?

>Nobody cares what you think.
>Proceeds to reply and write assblasted posts about how much he doesn't care

Attached: 1563058236830.jpg (398x376, 37K)

The difference is that every day you have to wake up in a world where BotW is considered a masterpiece of game design and one of the best video games of all time.

And I get to laugh at you because I know how traumatised you are and there's nothing you can do but shitpost on an image board, utterly obsessed for years on end.

Attached: 1562829649894.gif (500x500, 2.98M)

>Weapon has speed but no damage
>using it on most powerful endgame variation of enemy
>speed 3 potion for more speed
>on horse that would kick you off as soon as you got hit by that enemy

goly gee. Perma stagger only pushing one button? This game sucks. Cringe. Nu V will defend this. Nintendards seething.

Literally everyone who has played DMC knows it's a misrepresented webm using an attack that would take 20 hours to accumulate the orbs for but you're the only one dumb enough to reply.

I just think its important you know how much I love your pain. Your tears sustain me.

>Nobody cares what you think
>fanatically defends a video game on a shitposting image board

Attached: 1549389105145.jpg (600x400, 28K)

The weapon even breaks before the enemy is killed. Rendering the strategy null before the fights even over.

You retards are both just larping at this point, pretending you're not two of the dumbest people on this planet.

Same

The difference with me is undeniable. Pic-related.

Attached: WhatCulture.jpg (1011x1024, 143K)

Dark souls does this better by making all weapons good. Weapons are a way to express your playstyle rather than a reward.

EOC happened for a reason.

Attached: OSRS.jpg (696x229, 14K)

The BOTW engine and overworld design has potential, but they really dropped the ball with item durability, no gadgets, no dungeons, ect.

Game just became one massive chore of farming weapons and food so you could go do things without having to stop to find more weapons and food.

Also shrines sucked.

RDR 2 has a higher metascore and more GOTY awards than BotW while still having worse combat than BotW. What's your point, drone? Get your childish bullshit out of here.

There is nothing wrong with auto attack in a game where you're going to do things for 1000+ fucking hours

EOC was also worse then the original combat system in every way possible, so much so that they added in 'classic mode' where the game just automatically casts abilities

>combat in a zelda game is an afterthought
WOAH..... mind freakin blown!

Yeah, because I want to fucking spam 1 2 and 3 when killing cows for 5 hours

It was never as bad as BOTW though, item durability and consumables outside of potions/fairies/ammo doesn't really belong in a zelda game.

Love how the dark souls series was notorious for shit like this but because pvp was in the game loved the cheese mechanics

Fuck me that game is trash

you know a game is shit when defenders have to post another shit game to cause a distraction

>old god new bad!
Shut up boomer

see

>RDR 2 has a higher metascore and more GOTY awards than BotW

Here he is folks. So fucking TRAUMATISED by BotW he immediately resets to his default psychosis:

>m-m-m-must prove that there are better games than BotW!

His argument is no longer.about BotW. Its about trying to prove better games some how exist. He thinks this will prove he beat Nintendo

What a fucking pathetic loser.

He knows deep down he has nothing. So he has to jump through all kinds of desperate hoops to try and convince himself he has a point.

THREE YEARS folks. And he STILL can't get over it.

Watch him sperg out when I point out the reality that BotW achieved its metascore with MORE reviews, has a higher user score and has more perfect scores than any other game ever.

RDR2 couldn't even win GOTY.

Watch his desperate retaliation. He has nothing.

Attached: 1562981623054.png (850x631, 621K)

>it doesn't count because you can't do that at the start of the game
cope emofag, don't you have some evanescence AMV to do instead of shitposting?

GOTY

Attached: 1548468512498.webm (320x200, 2.64M)

This.

Zelda isn't an RPG, it doesn't need to be incremental.

god i hate witcher 3. i didn't get this boards obsession with that piece of shit then, or even now.

You completely failed to see the argument and resorted to your schizo ad hominems once again. I enjoyed BotW btw, doesn't mean it's free of flaws. Feel free to reply with another off-topic shitpost, I won't reply since you're mentally ill though. Good riddance.

what's that horse gear?

>virtually no incentive to kill enemies
More like only one weapon matters, and its the one that never breaks.

EoC was the bad combat, and it killed Runescape.

Attached: bamham.webm (640x480, 2.68M)

master sword breaks too though

Yawn.

I'm going to play some vidya before bed. I'll rest easy with a smile on my face knowing that when I wake up in the morning, you'll still be here - still utterly fucking traumatised by BotW - still wasting years of your life trying to convince nobody but yourself.

Attached: 1557177460828.gif (333x194, 1.78M)

You can literally do that with any game
keep seething op

Attached: 3457658.jpg (399x385, 44K)

Likewise. I have friends who genuinely think it's the best game ever. I tried it out and the quests and world could be interesting, but it wasn't enought to keep me playing through the fucking AWFUL combat

Attached: 1536680583947.jpg (720x720, 60K)

>I'll rest easy with a smile on my face
You know, that's quite difficult to believe when you start rambling about random schizo garbage whenever someone says anything negative about BotW. I hope your mental illness gets better, must be hard to live like this.

It doesnt break when you need it.
i.e. boss fights

Its the hardest and most bullshit piece of armor to get in the entire game.

You gotta complete the horse archery test, 30 targets in 20 seconds over a field so big if you don't gallop at least once you are not gonna make it to the finish line in time.

That's one of the minigames that make me go "I will never play BOTW a second time" Fuck them.

>another weeb with shit taste

OSRS happened for a reason.
OH NO NO NO
misplaceditems.com/rs_tools/graph/

Attached: Screenshot_20190714-165022_Chrome.jpg (1080x1487, 319K)

If only actually new enemies showed up instead of reskins.
Maybe those enemies could first show up in the dungeon then start popping up in the overworld afterwards.
Would be ludo.

Nowhere near strong enough to justify how OP Link is and how pointless the combat is.

The problem with Bamham and its copycats is how fucking magnetic your attacks are. They essentially removed positioning from the equation.

EOC IS bad combat, OSRS combat may be simplistic but at least it's not hotkey mashing while waiting for cooldowns to end

Literally almost every single game in the entire history of games lets you cheese shit.

Combat on the plateau and eventide is fine as you're limited, its still fresh and you don't realize it's pointless yet, it gives a better illusion of progression, the challenge is still present, and you either don't know how or are incapable of cheesing it every which way to sunday.
It's everywhere else that the combat is completely fucking broken.

>uses metascore and GOTY awards as an argument
>uses drone when he's in drone mode 24/7
Are you 12 years old?

>but that doesn't make the game flawed
Yes, it does. An inverse difficulty curve that starts hard and ends easy is about as objectively flawed as you can get in a video game.

I don't give a shit about metascore, I just pointed out that his drone logic is flawed since BotW has a better combat than RDR 2 despite having a lower metascore. Use your brain.

me too, senpai

And some are far more blatant and easy to cheese than others. Still doesn't make it ok.

Imagine not been able to enjoy BOTW because "im an adult and i play serious gaemz for serious ppl"

>It still grows progressively harder as you're progressing through the main content
BotW? lol no
It gets easy as shit once you realize just how many broken mechanics there are, and the game doesn't introduce actually new enemy types over time. Once you've beaten your first lynel the difficulty curve has essentially peaked.

Attached: Survive.webm (720x405, 2.83M)

I want to fuck Buzzword-tan.

Attached: Untitled.png (651x415, 45K)

Feels like the BotW devs were of action games made in the past 10 years, but didn't quite understand how any of them worked.
Guess that's what happens when you spend most of your career making baby-easy games. Hopefully BotW2 is better since they now have a foundation to build/refine on.

were aware* of action games

The people who used to constantly push for new memes are now outnumbered by the Facebook-using phoneposters who are more than happy to spam the same garbage for years and years.

I miss "shh baby shh"

Shadow of War is the worst for that since you have almost no control over what you are attacking once the engine has decided what you are going to focus on but the game is all about attacking specific enemies. It's so fucking retarded.

What does a game journalist article proof? Are you mentally ill? Do you think Gone Home or Last of Us is good now?

Of course not. Journalists are only ever right when I agree with them.

The holy trinity of dog shit combat

There are a plethora of ways to avoid this, but Nintendo went with a easy bandaid solution with its durability system. Besides, it doesn't even matter considering the combat is completely broken by mid-game and was pointless from the onset.

God Hand used bullet time only for scolling through the roulette you idiot, not even close to the same as moving in real time while all enemies go into slowmo and you pick them all off with free headshots

Attached: 1562073973154.jpg (727x480, 38K)

>DMC
>emo
Have you actually played these games?

>moving in real time
Play BOTW

you can't do that, only spin around.

Stop shitposting

>you can't move in real time, only move in real time
bruh

>everybody would immediately rush to Hyrule Castle, grab a bunch of higher tier weapons, rush to one of the Lynels, grab a Lynel Sword ++ and totally break the game.
If that's possible, the game is already broken.

You should visit more botw threads. The asshurt from these faggots is insane the moment you don’t dickride Bingtendo.

>standing still and looking around you is considered moving in Trump's America
Politics and anime has rotten your brain.

But it's not free, you need to trigger it through the right combo of events

I legitimately recognize your writing style. You’re the most pathetic fuck on Yea Forums. You constantly live in these threads and use the same tired excuses. Even if you’re just baiting you’re beyond sad. Holy shit, what is it with you bingtendies?

Three years you traumatized faggot

This is the norm for botw threads. You criticize the game in any way, even vaguely, and you'll be hit by cope, seething, nitpicks!, just because you think it's a flaw doesn't mean it's a flaw, ten different pastas and the usual "last time since Yea Forums..." images, but not a single good argument. It's enough to turn even someone who liked the game into a jaded asshole who goes into those threads only to shit on it.

It’s the same guy too. The same one guy is in all these threads. I hope he at least has autism, it makes it a little less sad if he does.

Yes I’m aware you’ve wasted three years of your life defending this game. Seek help user. You are in dire need.

>It's enough to turn even someone who liked the game into a jaded asshole who goes into those threads only to shit on it.
Pretty much this. I got 110 hours clocked into BotW, enjoyed it but still shit on it here to trigger the mentally ill autist who gets mad everytime someone says anything negative about BotW.

>lowest tier cannon fodder
>your weapon actually breaks before killing him
How can anyone play this shit and have fun?

>turning 360 degrees in the air in the air is not moving in nintensoy's world

Attached: 1562799328286.gif (1372x1024, 800K)

>hating on Nintendo
found the sonyposter

I figured you were only pretending to hate the webm because you can't play it

fuck off nigger

>be in air
>aim
What a crazy combo of events

The definitive version of BotW is on PC though

>Definitive version
That's just the Wii U version.

I don't hate botw, but he was clearly moving

Attached: 1561952251038.png (474x600, 435K)

Go back to your spiderman threads.

>60fps
>4k
>mods
Do you get paid for shilling your fishers price tablet? BotW is much better on PC.

I legit cannot tell any more if Yea Forums is being satirical or serious with their idea of "bad" combat.

The PC version is the Wii U version you autistic fucking pserg

Attached: Takamura laugh 3.png (500x498, 288K)

and it still plays better that the shitch

Attached: 1562934962807.png (521x525, 205K)

Attached: High Impact Family Bonding.webm (852x480, 2.94M)

And?
youtu.be/hyz5zG_txsA

DMCV is literally a masterpiece

So this is the brain on so. Y...

Attached: 1561797274499.jpg (204x247, 14K)

>The definitive version of the game is on PC!
>P-please ignore that it's my PC having to emulate a Wii U

Attached: we all came here to laugh at you.jpg (641x640, 174K)

I criticize it only because I don't want to see Nintendo repeat the same mistakes. Disregarding my opinion that BotW isn't really a Zelda game, I was pretty disappointed in it regardless. I just want to see the next game be better and I'm keeping an open mind on BotW 2 until they show more. It's annoying being labeled as some seething snoyboy who just wants to watch Nintendo crash and burn when that is the last thing I want and I've been a fan of the series for over two decades.

cope negro

Attached: 363463676.jpg (700x913, 109K)

unplayable imo

Attached: 126919.jpg (827x515, 42K)

>pressing attack is cheesing
blunder of the century

4k, 60fps, mods. Keep coping while I play the definitive version.

>It's annoying being labeled as some seething snoyboy
Because you are one, you may actually be worse because you feign wanting the game to be better. You make AOC look like a normal human.

Its actually just one or two completely obsessed autismos who just can't get over it.

Indeed it was worth the wait.

Attached: AWAKEN MY MASTERS.webm (1920x1080, 2.86M)

I wish. Nintendo stripping Wii U's BotW of the gamepad's features just so it didn't outshine the Switch version is infuriating. Would've made the UI far less cumbersome to navigate.

struck a nerve?

Attached: 1561329278127.jpg (512x1024, 66K)

>western devs use horse armor
>DISGUSTING
>nips use horse armor
>CUM ON MY FACE IWATA SAN

>Keep coping
What should I be coping about?

Attached: download cemu.jpg (1216x228, 19K)

>find an endgame enemy and beat it to obtain it's weapon, then go cheese an early game moblin
that's clearly not what's happening here if that was an end game weapon against early game enemy it would have killed it in a few hits

Fuck off with your melodrama.

He says this while still crying about BotW three years later. And you wonder why people laugh at you.

Attached: 1535969330451.png (716x857, 89K)

So you agree that the 4k 60fps version on PC is the definitive version?

There are no differences between the WiiU and Switch versions aside from performance and resolution which the PC version already fixes you retard

>on PC
You mean the Wii U version on PC, because the game isn't on PC.

Attached: smug (4).jpg (225x225, 7K)

oh the cope on this one...

Attached: 1562278092159.jpg (1920x1080, 198K)

>find an endgame enemy
Endgame enemies don't carry a shitty zora spear
>then go cheese an early game moblin.
OPs webm was a Bokoblin and golden versions are endgame.

Did BotW drones even play the game?

Never owned anything other than Nintendo and PC. I've probably been playing Nintendo games longer than you've been alive.
Thank you both for so easily validating my post.

No user, I mean the PC version on PC. The Wii U version is 30fps trash just like the Switch version.

Nice Mordhau footage

>It's on PC I swear!
>Have to trick your PC into thinking that it's a Wii U just to play the game

Attached: laugh even harder.jpg (363x310, 28K)

>doesn't have silky smoothe switch UI
>has to cobble together Frankenstein's monster of a set-up or else the gameplay is completely gimped out the ass without a gyro-enabled controller
>couldn't play sitting in the shade by the pool sipping cocktails three years ago

Kek fuck off you baby. You only make yourself look more desperate because of the lengths you'll go through to play those sweet Nintendo games.

Attached: 1562982934663.jpg (1223x959, 141K)

This thread wasn't about BotW, but bad combat. It was the people who got assblasted over it being featured here that started the seething. Also, don't you even get tired of posting the same pasta and image?

>the game isn't on PC.
The game is in my PC on 4k 60fps, I don't know what are you talking about.

Attached: 1562574031726.webm (882x500, 2.78M)

>Longer than you've been alive
Your first console was a PS4. Please stop LARPing as an oldfag.

Yeah, that's how emulation works, what's your point? That doesn't change the fact that BotW is best played on PC since it's 4k 60fps.

Attached: 1502490094579.webm (1280x720, 670K)

>The game is in my PC
No, I don't think it is.
>what's your point
That you're almost literally playing BOTW on a Wii U. But then again, I doubt you even have a PC capable of playing games.

Attached: Emulator.jpg (744x82, 9K)

who western we talking about?

You're probably just shitposting. But it's a semantics argument. The game is running against native PC hardware.

Unless you started playing on the NES on release day, no you have not playing Nintendo games before me. Because I got a NES a year after it came overseas.

Bethesda? I mean, they're the ones who got flak for introducing horse armor after all.

top kek

>It's a semantics argument
You're literally playing on a virtual Wii U, newfag. There's nothing semantics about this. The game is LITERALLY not running natively on PC in ANY sense of the word.

Attached: smug hotaru.jpg (1920x1080, 668K)

sneed

user, a Wii U and a PC are 2 very different things. Get over it and accept that PC has the definitive version of BotW.

how does it run on your PC, can my craptop (Lenovo y50) run it?

It's a fucking wii u game so it shouldn't need top tier specs to run it right?

>No, I don't think it is.
So were did the footage came from?
Keep seething

You can't play on a Wii U though. Not the same thing.

this game looks so shit. Along with the witcher 3, I don't get how they are getting game of the year awards. I can't be for the gameplay can it? because this is ridiculous

NOOOOO BROS IT'S NOT FAIR

Attached: 1516004397439.jpg (988x1059, 159K)

>PC has the definitive version!
>Has to literally use someone's virtual Wii U to play the "definitive" version.

Attached: laughing aqua.png (273x350, 98K)

I agree with this. There's a saying in the gaming industry; "if you give your players the chance to cheese/exploit/abuse mechanics etc, they will do it"

You do know that the problem wasn't the horse armor itself right?

Kid, emulation has NEVER been the definitive way to play ANYTHING. Never in the history of gaming has that bullshit ever been true.

You're just literally seething with jealous hate and desperately want to 'beat those Nintenbros'.

Attached: 1562752092011.jpg (408x250, 51K)

wrong.

Cope

what a shitshow

Cope
>Y-YOU CAN'T JUST PLAY THIS GAME ON 4K 60FPS ON YOUR PC!!!
>BUY THIS SHITTY TABLET LIKE ME SO YOU CAN PLAY IT ON 720P 30FPS (with drops)
Holy shit, consoleplebs are embarassing.

>emulation has NEVER been the definitive way to play ANYTHING.

*Block your path with higher resolution, fps and precise mouse aiming.

Attached: 220px-GoldenEye007box.jpg (220x151, 13K)

>you can't have a ps4 and a switch
Found the retard

Attached: 20190714_171305.jpg (4032x2268, 2.4M)

That was a falseflagger exactly because the reasons you pointed out. You are taking the strongest version of the simplest enemy using the worst armor and weakest weapon you have. If he would use an armor that gives more damage, a good weapon and effective attacks, killing that enemy takes around 15 secs max, even if it is an endgame mob.

Bloodborne was great, but FROM's hitboxes really were unacceptable. Glad they got them under control in Sekiro or it would have been pure torture to play.

WOOOAAAAHHH MASTERPIECE, U MAD NINTENDO HATER? DIDN'T YOU SEE THE 98 ON METACRITIC?

>he never player comfy 4player co-op on N64 with mates over beers on Friday nights.

LOL Fuck off you pleb kiddie shitter.

>Cope
It sounds like you're the one coping with the fact that you're playing on a Wii U

Attached: i smug at you senpai (1).jpg (287x249, 29K)

I don't own a Wii U though

GotY awards are all handed out based on how diehard and outspoken the fanbases are. That seems to be it.

Yikes

>every legend of zelda game is spam x
>Legend of Incels never post good combat gameplay
Hmmm

I fail to see how it's ultimately a falseflag. Seeing as Bogoblins make up the majority of enemies and it's far from uncommon to have a weaker weapon. But besides all that, the fact is even your own post proves it. Literally press A on an enemy until it dies with no risk to yourself since you can just stunlock them with literally any weapon from a basic bitch club to a Lynel 2-hander.

Japanese games rarely ever win.

>he doesn't know

>tfw Cadence of Hyrule is a better Zelda game AND has better combat than BotW

And even if they don't try to do it, the fact that they know they easily can cheapens the experience and sense of accomplishment. Players should never be asked to gimp themselves in order to challenged, that's the dev's job.

This. Fuck the horse riding too.

This is exactly how mounted combat vs a single unarmored foot solider should work though. You would have to be an idiot to lose.

>Players should never be asked to gimp themselves in order to challenged, that's the dev's job.
That's one of BotWs biggest problems. BotWs combat can be amazing if you gimp yourself, but just running in and mashing Y while occassionally dodging will always be the most effective strategy. The worst thing is how you barely even have to dodge since you have hundreds of hearts and 2 lives, you barely need to attack either since Urbosas Fury oneshots almost everything and is aviable 3 times every 10 minutes.

>>every legend of zelda game is spam x
Nah, that's only BotW. Sure you can spam attack for some enemies in previous Zelda's as well, but significant combat is more of a puzzle in previous games.

Nevermind that dodging is so generous in it's frames. It's not only optimal but easy as fuck.

BotW offers far more options to approach combat than any other Zelda games. It manages to be robust and encourages experimentation without it ever overshadowing the core gameplay. Its only button mashing fags who have a bad time.

Attached: 1548845598369.webm (800x450, 2.84M)

Just incredible. Breathtaking. Took my breath of the wild away.

Attached: 1551051389789.webm (1280x720, 2.81M)

Attached: 1542962080619.webm (960x540, 2.92M)

Idort? Intelligent.

Attached: 1540749006150.png (325x322, 83K)

Attached: 1ae.gif (500x229, 1009K)

>that framerate

The game could've used some improvement in some areas.

Attached: 1561525900590.png (1280x738, 433K)

>if you have to play a game on anything other than the easiest difficulty to make the combat good or entertaining then you know the game has shit combat
based retard poster

Sasuga phone poster

offers more options with enemies having no ways to react to them

>a plethora of ways to avoid this
such as?

Literally attacking an unarmed enemy with high-end weapons.

>the-the combat is shit! Honest!

>encourages experimentation
It doesn't though because getting creative will never be as effective as just shitting out Urbosas Fury and mashing Y like a retard.

:)

Attached: 1551762221537.webm (1000x562, 2.93M)

>dodge slow as fuck attack
>mash Y for epic slow mo attack on enemy
>b-but I can do a bunch of unnecessary bullshit to achieve the same result so its great!
Kino.

user, are you retarded? He's clearly holding a bow. He even drops it when he dies.

>unarmed
He has a bow
>High end weapons
The shitty Moblinbat isn't even close to high end

>can't have ps4 and a switch

I own both. And there isn't a single game on PS4 which comes anywhere close to BotW. Or any system this gen.

Attached: 1090049-1.jpg (2663x1877, 2.49M)

Why would you waste time with a weak mob unless you need to attack it? When you need to attack it you do efficiently.

OPs webm is the equivalent of choosing Russians and spamming only conscripts in a game. Doing stupid shit doesn't make a game bad. Also, not sure we are playing the same game, as bokoblins are only common in the starter area of the game, the one surrounding the plateau. It's an enemy to be annoying when in numbers, picking one off really does nothing.

Except those options are extremely inefficient and grow tiresome shortly after the game starts. Killing all those guys with sneak attacks is easier and more efficient than setting all that up and executing it. Or just ignoring them as that gate only closes when you've been spotted. The problem with these webms is they look neat when they're short and executed perfectly, but it ignores how tiresome things like this are to set up and how often they fail.

>high end weapon breaks before it can even kill a normal enemy

Not to mention it's a white/purple enemy too so this is the equivalent of an "endgame" bokoblin.

This. You can try and be as fancy as you want it wont change the fact it's less effective.

>And there isn't a single game on PS4 which comes anywhere close to BotW. Or any system this gen.
Pretty much everyone disagrees with you though so I couldn't give less of a shit about your shitter opinion.

>Bloodborne machine VS BotW machine thread

Attached: 5435345.jpg (960x882, 59K)

itt: Pathetic manchildren fighting over children's games.

Attached: 1554012692186.webm (1280x720, 2.87M)

The desperate cherry-picking never ends. Maybe three more years of tears will help you. ;)

SICK MEME BRAH!

>Pretty much everyone disagrees with you

LMFAO

Attached: 97-1.png (1080x1301, 609K)

This. That said I'm glad I emulated botw because I found it kind of boring.

Attached: 1563095502768m.jpg (1024x1024, 69K)

>Makes every weapon useful
makes every weapon useless

Attached: MORDHAU 2019.06.15 - 04.22.07.97.DVR.webm (640x360, 955K)

:)

Attached: 1544846017211.webm (1280x720, 2.95M)

the spastic fucking animations are what drove me away from this game at mach 10

And? It still doesn't have the highest metascore of the generation, or the most GOTY awards, or sales, or the highest userscore. It literally isn't the best in anything. Keep coping all you want, but you can't refute what I just said.

>its another "game journalists and normalfags agreed with me this time so it IS good!"
Both loved witcher 3, God of War, GTA5 and Last of Us. Are they good games now?

>Soulsniggers will defend this

I'm still confused as to how people thought that this was a good game. The combat was fucking horrible. Back when it came out, I asked for advice on a forum because I thought that maybe there was some crucial gameplay aspect I was overlooking. The answers I got all point to only picking one type of class, because all others were garbage.
I tried to use the mage as a long range character that lays down suppressing fire while I rush to the side and whack em over the head. That never worked. I'd tell her dumbass to stay put and then tell her to fire, but then she runs from her spot, gets in the enemy's face, AND THEN STARTS SHOOTING.
Another example was when I was in some dungeon, lots of tight corridors. I thought that I would use that to my advantage. Told my party to stay put, run into a room, bait the enemies, and lead them through a choke point so that my party members can attack them one-by-one. That didn't happen, one of the party members runs into the doorway and dies...
The leveling system is also fucking garbage. You're spending points on your party to make them less retarded. Star Ocean 2, a fucking JRPG on PS1 did the party tactic system way better than this fucking shit heap of a game.

Long story short: Fuck this game. It's a pile of fucking garbage.

Attached: dragon age.jpg (460x215, 31K)

Two quick examples would be having them all be viable in some form, with the mechanical depth to back it up and an upgrade system, or simply having weapons you find scale would have been a cheap, easy way to avoid the problem without breaking anything else.

Git gud

>mounted calvary
>horse is armored
>has spear and shield
>against unarmored savage with a wooden club
>completely destroys the enemy
>bad combat

Listen man I'm on your side here but you gotta bring better evidence to the table

>Keep coping all you want, but you can't refute what I just said.

Pic related Here's to another THREE YEARS of your never ending TEARS. Delicious.

this was goty...

Attached: 1562587111707.gif (500x452, 987K)

But that pic doesn't refute a single thing? Are you mentally ill?

>I'm still confused as to how people thought that this was a good game.

Because you're probably 14.

That doesn't even make sense. Spamming the quickest attack with any given weapon is optimal since damage for weapons is flat in most cases. What OP's webm is showing is perfectly legitimate. There's a reason why 2H spin is ridiculously good, it's a combination of rapid attacks of a 1H with the damage of a 2H.

And Bokoblins can be found literally anywhere there's grass which is the majority of the playable area. An actual example of why you're wrong on this is that the tower near the Lost Woods on the other side of the map to the Plateau has Bokoblins. Are you sure you've actually played BotW? I find it hard to believe someone would have forgotten such basic information.

This, The Last of Us objectively IS the Citizen Kane of gaming

Why are from so fucking bad at hitboxes anyway?
They wanted to fuck Morrigan.

Not them, but bokoblins are literally everywhere, what are you talking about? They're easily the most common enemy.

play the game

those are scripted enemies that instantly kill you in two shots regardless of how many hearts you have

managing to kill two is a feat by itself, let alone killing 4 of them at the same time

>He can’t play 4 players s slappers only No odd job
Nigger alert

I hate that this site has gone to such shit I can't tell if this is genuine or not. Given the state of nu/v/ I honestly wouldn't be surprised.

Well its a MOVIE. Wheras BotW is a VIDEO GAME.

Attached: BL_Podcast_Artwork_ep91_v3_color_970x545px.jpg (970x545, 242K)

Breath Of The Wild

The game which broke Yea Forums

Attached: 1534114358617.jpg (646x687, 69K)

Zelda 1, OoT and Wind Waker all have pretty fun combat

I don't understand how anyone here can even stand BotW discussion anymore when it has without fail been
>this game is literally the worst
>I disagree, howev-
>wow sucking the dick of Nintendo yet again I see
Every
Fucking
Time

>30 FPS
>video game

Attached: heavy-smile.jpg (256x256, 43K)

You aren’t everyone retard

That's irrelevant, I'm talking about how the webm is suppose to be showing off how you can do a bunch of unnecessary shit to look cool when you can break the game with that shit. It's like reflex mode in mgs5, giving you plenty of time to shoot anyone who spotted you.

Well yeah, a shitty VIDEO GAME is still a VIDEO GAME

Attached: 1560939839401.jpg (1280x960, 93K)

Nah uh, it clearly says on metacritic that it's in a video game section. Don't you trust metacritic bro??

If you're going to defend BOTW, are you really going to die on the "good combat" hill? Zelda combat has always been serviceable at best, and this one is no exception.

Attached: 752.png (242x210, 101K)

>people didn't like my favourite companies game so it means it broke them
k

No. Some weapons may be stronger, some faster, some ranged, some inflicting ailments, some that have specific advantages over certain enemies, etc. Usefulness doesn't just mean every weapon eventually doing 80 damage.

I don't understand how anyone here can even stand BotW discussion anymore when it has without fail been
>this game is literally the best
>I disagree, howev-
>wow sucking the dick of Sony yet again I see
Every
Fucking
Time

The real answer, if you actually want truth instead of a punching bag, is that they intended to encourage experimentation, designed it that way, but balanced the regular combat poorly.

Am I in High school?

you can't kill them without doing some "unnecessary" shit, they scripted to be strong as fuck and aren't slowed down by attacks like normal mobs are.

Again, play the game.

>mgs
found the sonyposter

But the journalists said it is vidya. And they also said botw was great. Are you saying they lie?

In all honesty you probably are, you are defending Nintendo.

I'd say BotW not being the best of the generation in a single metric speaks for itself. RDR 2 has the highest metascore of the generation, The Witcher 3 has the most GOTY awards and the highest userscore of all time. These 2 are the best games of the generation, your opinion is worthless against these facts.

Attached: 1549419755479.webm (1280x720, 1.94M)

I expect high-end weapons to take down grunt-tier enemies in no more that 2 hits. Those are shit weapons.

not an argument, nigger

calm down, it's a fuckin 1 in 1 million bug considering I've had it since day 1 and this never happened.

Here you go if you don't believe me
>found the sonyposter
Perfect example

Botw zoomers will never say anything remotely negative about the game.

I don't know, the only real gimmick of the yiga clan hideout was the whole "don't get spotted or it's game over" shtick. You can kill them pretty easily otherwise since they're slow to alert their comrades.

>The vast majority of Planet Earth thinks BotW is one of the best video games of all time. Better obsess over and waste YEARS of my life crying about it and achieving NOTHING.

How's that worked out for you?

Attached: 1562274889134.jpg (576x507, 49K)

>have endgame gear, on a horse, have magic, bombs, arrows, the ability to disperse a solo field enemy in seconds
>instead poke him for five minutes
I mean zelda games have always been about using your gadgets and magic to one-hit hordes as fast as possible, your choice I guess if you just want to intentionally stall

Gold Bokoblins are not grunts.

>mgs
>found the sonyposter
Mgs5 was on xbox and PC retard.

>tfw my first Zelda game was Zelda II when I was a kid back in the golden age of gaming
>mfw people think zoomers like BOTW when in reality zoomers are playing Battlefield and call of duty
You are all so dumb

>this game is literally the best
>I disagree, howev-
>wow cope seething 97 when will Yea Forums stop crying lmao
ftfy

>The vast majority of Planet Earth thinks BotW is one of the best video games of all time
This is what burgers believe. Europe isn't as OBSESSED with Nintendo shit as you are

Do you think seethers can ever recover?

not him but are you stupid? Is that why we still have threads on the daily and they get this fat?

Nintendo rather shoot miyamoto in his rotting brain and blow 50 million on competent programmers lthan ever let there be a Zelda TORtanic
Or he’ll they cancel it outright like
“Oops! we accidentally made a piece of shit. sorry everyone we’ll try harder”

I mean I believe you but you don't have to copypasta my post like a child to do it.

>saying you don't like a game zoomer fanboys are obsessed with means your the obsessed one
K.

Okay, then 3 hits.

yeah I'm sure you can kill a mob that can't be unless by less than 7 hits instantly once he has spotted you.

Play the game, sonyposter.

It's Both. Be honest with yourself..

This is fucking awesome and anyone who doesn't think so hasn't played the game

I one shot them all with sneak attacks. They were piss easy. Granted, that webm may be in master mode, but master mode all sorts of cancer for a different reason.

Fuck off """boomer"""

>The vast majority of Planet Earth thinks BotW is one of the best video games of all time.
metacritic.com/browse/games/score/userscore/all/all/filtered?sort=desc
Not even close. The vast majority of earth agrees that The Witcher 3 is the best game ever made though.

>Zelda
>bad combat
Jump from a bridge

Would have been without pausing five times and swapping shields.

You can't even 2 shot a purple Bokoblin with the hardest hitting weapon in the game with the 3+ attack buff. BotW's combat "difficulty" is just inflated health.

>Europe isn't as OBSESSED with Nintendo shit as you are

EDGE magazine - literally the TIME magazine of vidya and probably the most respected publication in the entire gaming industry is British.

Do you want to hazard a guess as to what they called the best game ever? Go on, take a guess. And tell us it doesn't count either.

Attached: 1562751109808.jpg (255x266, 24K)

You're in a consolewar thread so you may as well be. That said both are still true.

If he didn't do that the shield would be destroyed and he'd be hit by the lasers

Sonic '06.

>just dont' get caught!
alright I will reset my switch everytime someone caught me then, since apparently fighting them is "doing unnecessary shit"

play the game sonyposter

>J-JOURNALISTS OPINIONS COUNT WHEN I SAY THEY DO
Everytime.

>>this game is literally the best
Still hearing voices in your head? Get that checked

I certainly did it with a combination of timestop and electrical arrows. Not quite how they did in the webm, but it was pretty damn easy. At least they put up a fight instead of their retarded leader who just throws boulders all day.

>play the game sonyposter
Ah yes, the person on Yea Forums that hates cinematic experiences the most, is a supporter of a company known for cinematic experiences. Stunning observation.

Yes, but it's definitely skewed more towards diehards shutting down any and all criticism than it is people mindlessly saying the game is shit.

>The Witcher 3
HAAHAHHAHA

>You're in a consolewar thread so you may as well be
Touche'.

Why is it that criticism of breath of the wasteland summons an army to defend it? What about zelda does this to people?

Attached: 1547409928931.webm (853x480, 2.85M)

>I certainly did it with a combination of timestop and electrical arrows
Stop doing unnecessary shit.

Just spam attack.

>First weapons you can buy is the meta by R1 spamming
>Spells are the only thing that make combat any different
>Only good sorcerer spells are a greatsword and an R1 spam blade
Yeah, all the weapons are good until you realize it's because only 3 weapons are good.

Attached: 2 int think.jpg (640x853, 54K)

OH NO OH NO

Why would anyone play like this? Freeze time, bomb him, smash him up, blast him with bomb arrows

This will end up breaking powerful spears for no fucking reason

>Vast majority of earth thinks BotW is one of the best hames of all time
>Actually it's just some gaming journalists
Feel free to look up the best user scores on metacritics.
Best user score of all time, most GOTY awards of all time. Sorry user, but that's just facts.

You could have destroyed that guy in seconds if you actually tried, instead you intentionally stalled

You are literally supposed to go through that area with stealth. That is how it was designed. Just because you chose to fight them instead, doesn't make you right over someone who snuck through it.
And technically, they did fight them.

>thread is about bad combat
>botw diehards immediately seethe over the OP and turn it into another typical botw shitposting thread
clockwork

>Mentally ill autist wastes years of his life posting the same sad webms and being utterly obsessed with BotW's acclaim.

What's it like waking up every day in a world where BotW is considered one of the best games of all time?

Seriously what's that like? How do you cope?

Attached: 1529531556563.gif (207x207, 1.37M)

Wrong, the thread was about BOTW shitposting from the start.

I wish there was more of a big payoff like an endgame or an actually hard last boss to give you a reason to do all the extra shit.

you can just steamroll those easy divine beasts and then pushover ganon

>BotW is considered one of the best games of all time?
Last time I checked, the user score was abysmal decent at best and the metascore was literally lower than GTA V. Considere one of the best games of all time by whom exactly?

>bullet time mode
oh no

I love Zelda, but the fanbase is one of the most autistic in all of vidya. This has been obvious known for well over a decade.

He copes by making another thread tomorrow until you stop liking the game. We are talking about the same website where a person i know became the target of a smear campaign for seven years because he refused to ERP.

>Considere one of the best games of all time by whom exactly
Nintendie zoom zooms

rent free

Oh yeah, whats the highest rated game in the history of the world? OoT. 99/100. Nothing will ever come close.

And Nintendo's latest flagship games are two of the most acclaimed games ever made. EVER. Released back to back within months of each other.

Its actually embarrassing how Nintendo seem to exist on a different plane to everyone else. Its magical. Voodoo. Nobody can compete. It's almost unfair.

Attached: Super-Mario-Odyssey-vs-Zelda-Breath-of-the-Wild-Nintendo-Switch-review-874221.jpg (590x350, 76K)

disgusting

OoT is actually a great game though. Much better than BotW.

rent free is the OP, that's why he made the thread to begin with.

OP here, I actually like the game despite the bad combat. I'll still make another thread because it triggers the schizo though, now excuse me while I continue playing DQ Builders 2 (on my Switch).
>Deflecting from the main issue
Autism

>Its actually embarrassing how Nintendo seem to exist on a different plane to everyone else. Its magical. Voodoo. Nobody can compete. It's almost unfair.
This is pure autism to worship a company this much.

>soulscucks will defend this shit

>including a webm of bad combat in a bad combat thread
You're just looking to feel victimized.

He said "one of the best games", not "the best."
Also, you should probably check again because you're wrong. The user scores on PC and XBO are even lower.
Congrats on making a really shitty, incorrect post.

Attached: meta score comparison.jpg (804x639, 341K)

>Most acclaimed games
>User score is decent at best
>Metascore is below everything Rockstar released in the past decade
>GOTY awards are dwarfed by pretty much every other GOTY
Seriously, what are you even talking about? Did you lose touch to reality, schizo?

>creating a shitposting BOTW thread to begin with
Rent free.

You should be embarrassed of yourself, OP.

Attached: 1538765361223.webm (640x360, 1.79M)

Now you're just making groundless assumptions. Why do you like being outraged?

Attached: 1496015578901.webm (1280x720, 2.78M)

OH NO NO NO

Attached: Untitled.png (658x768, 311K)

You're not clever, OP.

Least they're getting off an attack you have to avoid and if you don't want to spend an hour on the fight you actually have to engage him.

terraria is based so i don't get the point

What does Terraria have anything to do with what I posted? Someone said some fake shit and I called them out

Really? How comes you can find it in the desert, the volcano, are hard to find in the tropical forest and later on are rarely alone, generally they are among other stronger enemies.

>Spamming the quickest attack with any given weapon is optimal
Exactly, and not only is he not doing that, he is using a really weak weapon and attack king an enemy which strength is in numbers while it is alone. Basically your shit is all retarded

>only 1800 user ratings
Oh no even the cult following doesn't really like it!

I'm not OP, but whatever makes you feel better. If you want to defend BotW so much, why not go after BB, RDR2, or W3 like some other anons are doing? At least that'd be inline with the thread's purpose.

monster Hunter world

Keep deflecting, OP.

More like they probably don't feel the need to flood metacritic with user scores out of blind fanboyism.

lmao

>are hard to find in the tropical forest and later on are rarely alone
Why are you blatantly lying like that? There's a big bokoblin camp right in front of the big bridge in the tropical forest and you can find lots of them on roads or sitting on pillars with a bow. The tropical forest has lots of bokoblins.
>later on are rarely alone
All that changes later on is the color of enemies. The enemy spawns stay the exact same.

>he's not spamming the optimal attack
>horse fighting only has 1 attack
>really weak weapon
>spears are all about spamming fast, low damage attacks exactly as he's doing int he video
Small yikes. Next you're going to tell me he's in the wrong for using spears in BotW despite them being a pretty common weapon.

>use whataboutisms
Nah, we already proved that the person in the webms is intentionally stalling

>the fans that like my game are legit but the other games are blind fanboys
That's one way to excuse an average game only selling 1/10 of the other two

>DQ builders 2
Good shit
And I’m playing that and god eater 3
It’s weird it doesn’t have a simplified chat system like GU
Nani the fuck Bamco?

Exactly why bloodBORE is such a shit game

>intentionally stalling
You and everyone else who says this are intentionally missing the point.

>whataboutisms
lmao for what? Suggesting you go after some of BotW's competition in order to contribute to the point of the thread? The hell?

zelda is shit

Attached: keira_jak_and_daxter.jpg (1000x1400, 103K)

Never even played Terraria and have no interest in doing so, I just know how user scores on metacritic operate.

I remember this same austist said Terraria is da best geam evar! Up until we told him it’s on Switch then he stops mentioning it.

>Suggesting you go after some of BotW's competition
Yes, thats literally a whataboutism, dumbass
>You and everyone else who says this are intentionally missing the point
There was a point?

>this person said Terraria is the best game ever
It's pretty damn close

>up until we told him it's on Switch
Yes, and? It's on every console. What was your argument here?

It literally isn't. You have no idea what that term means. If I was defending BotW by saying those other games were shit, then it'd be whataboutism. All I'm doing is telling you to stop being pissy about someone who used BotW as an example of bad combat and suggesting some ways you could even the score in a way that at least contributes to the thread.

>There was a point?
Yes, it looks like shit and turned an endgame enemy into a harmless punching bag, thus deserving its place in this thread.

>Literal pay to win mechanic
W O W

So if you can't do it at the start of the game then you need to git gud to beat the boss.

>All I'm doing is telling you to stop being pissy about someone who used BotW as an example of bad combat and suggesting some ways you could even the score in a way that at least contributes to the thread.
Whataboutism

Attached: large.jpg (600x400, 45K)

This ISNT impressive

Not whataboutism if you aren't mindlessly defending BotW in the process. It just happens to be competition. Though nobody is going to judge you for it considering everyone's response to Again, this thread was about bad combat, not BotW.

I wonder what this dork thinks a good game is if he freaks out over a little bit of bullet time. You don't even need to use bullet time really in botw unlike other games that literally make it the main combat tool in your game. Cough.. RDR2...

The combat in BotW isn't bad, it's just serviceable
Would it have been nice if the combat was better? Sure. But even if it ended up Platinum-tier I doubt I'd want to play BotW if I didn't want to chill and explore, BotW feels therapeutic to me on those fronts
But whatever, I have plenty of games to choose from if I want some fun combat

Attached: gh.jpg (741x592, 118K)

B for Bad performance.

Attached: 220px-Risen_(video_game)_boxart.jpg (220x274, 23K)

Xenosaga Episode II

>This actually makes me want to play the game.

I guess the graphics card upgrade came at the right time. Gonna go check this out now. Thanks, user.

>anything regarding botw
>"How did people overlook this glaring flaw?"
the entire game exists through rose tinted glasses in a mass delusion of grandeur.

Attached: castanza.jpg (601x601, 156K)

>couple hours into the game
>have about 10 hearts

Attached: No.jpg (400x400, 50K)

Oh, so you are just trolling, ok

So a few camos and only one of the areas I said was "wrong". Thanks for admitting defeat.

I don't get all the hate this game gets, it's not amazing but some of you really go out of your way to make shitty criticism

I play it on switch and can def say that i would much rather play it on pc, it looks like shit when comparing it to playing on cemu. Botw on cemu can look fucking amazing it's almost joke when playing it on consoles.

I told you so. Ninja Gaiden is superior.

I remember the same thing happening in madmax. The game starts really hard due your car exploding with a single touch. By mid game, you basically have an untouchable tank.

How fun is it sucking turds out of assholes?

Where the fuck do you even find this?

Shockwaves.

how do you get that horse armor?

wow that is garbage

Attached: blacked hand.png (311x340, 86K)

Devil May Cry faggots on suicide watch.

>comparing a JRPG to an action game
brainlet

>If weapons didn't break then everybody would immediately rush to Hyrule Castle, grab a bunch of higher tier weapons, rush to one of the Lynels, grab a Lynel Sword ++ and totally break the game

Literally nothing you just said is prevented by weapons breaking.
All that weapons breaking means is that this process occasionally has to be repeated.

In reality though, once you get a powerful weapon, you are incentivized NOT to ever engage in combat, because why waste your weapon's durability on an enemy? Weapon durability with no repair system completely fucked the game by punishing you for engaging in the game's combat system.

>bullet time is bad
>Implying Fear and Max Payne are bad

Yikes.

Attached: wack em.jpg (1024x768, 79K)

I don't get why a sandbox-type game that is built around the "make your own fun" meme wouldn't just give you a detailed options menu where you could choose to turn things like durability on or off.

>what are hearts and stamina

Op weapons arent hard to come by you fag

This. I prefer Fallout 4 is so much better than this piece of shit.

Attached: 1558609325082.png (680x687, 424K)

Okay so then what's the point of durability?

Motherless

I dont play DMCV so i wont know

>prefer fallout 4
motherless weeb shit

Why are Ninja Gaiden fags like this?

How am I supposed to get a new OP weapon from an enemy if my old one broke?

A whole bait thread and I didn't see that webm of somebody just mashing counter in BamHam

When you're against ONE of them, sure. If even the most basic of Bokoblins (the red ones) hit you when you're on a horse, you'll fall from it and all the enemies will try to hit you at the same time. Of course you can still find ways to cheese it, or just plain make it easier (like killing the red ones first, then the blue ones, and so on), but that doesn't make it shit. I will agree it isn't the best combat system tho. Once you get all the upgrades and a full inventory you're pretty much a god.

Or the hold cirlce in FFXV

youtube.com/watch?v=OTWFqlT-yfk

>DUDE CONSOLEWARS LMAO
kys fucking faggots. Get cancer and die, fucking poorfags

>Freeze time
It's a fucking waste of time, he's frozen for all of two seconds at best, barely enough for you to get your bombs out. Not to mention how little damage the bombs do.

You'll never get an answer because the faggots that defend durability like to strawman the opposition as claiming it's flawed because they run out of weapons.

Not even close. With the exception of elemental arrows, the bows are pretty worthless and only serve to hit crits on bosses and knock enemies down with headshots. BotW is at it's best when you're treating it like what it is: a sandbox. Rolling bombs, using inertia, power strikes, all that shit is available 24/7 and not for no reason. I agree the base gameplay of hit and dodge and parry is bland and not hard to get good at. That is exactly why its never all that is available to you except for in major boss fights. It is why every encampment has shit all over the place for you to use. Exploding barrels, metal crates, fire places, water, etc.

BotW is one of the best sandbox games ever, and its literally the best exploration game ever with the climbing.

>Sneed
>Beats everything

Kek what was the point of the bananas

Are you under the impression that you are any less pathetic? Wasting time shitting on a game getting the same reaction from the same "fans" Ad infinitum? While the majority of people that like this game and who you are attempting to disillusion likely not entering these threads in large numbers since the 2017s? While at the same time, you seemingly do not have any actual strong emotions for the fans or the game?

You're not wrong. Gwent was always the best part of The Witcher 3. It felt like I was doing missions as an excuse to play more Gwent in new areas.