Are there any games that take place inside dying malls?

Are there any games that take place inside dying malls?

Malls themselves are popular in zombie games like Dead Rising or L4D2 as a Dawn of the Dead homage, or in post-apocalyptic settings in general just as a big organized indoor environment.

But is there anything like an adventure game taking place in a shopping center, a decaying husk of the glory of decades long gone?
Or really anything about a town's shopping district being gutted by stuff like big box stores or online shopping? Or even just a better mall?

Attached: 58a3709d01fe580f018b4589-750-563.jpg (750x563, 66K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FZUfiW3W1KY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Parts of smt3 take place in abandoned malls

Silent hill 3

Why are malls dying?

think a bit, answer is easy

There is a mall in SH3.

Also, check INFRA. It doesn't have malls, but there are plenty of other abandoned (mostly industrial) buildings.

Online shopping, coupled with the gradual reduction of disposable income since the early 90's.

Fallout 3 used the national mall

Attached: maxresdefault(2).jpg (1280x720, 107K)

Escape from Tarkov has a massive mall map.

Attached: eft_interchange_wip3.jpg.4bc4782b54a7660a30d04dd25fdc042a.jpg (2550x1427, 1.57M)

>online shopping
>better concentration of stuff people actually want to buy
>dying malls tend to just be filled with random garbage stores
>if you live in a more populated metropolitan area, people will often just go to nicer malls

There are dying and dead malls near me. But that's just because everyone goes to the much better malls which are doing extremely well.

2019..... I am forgotten....

Attached: 1459657782304.jpg (1440x962, 567K)

Fallout games.

Night in the Woods has a small section set in a dying mall.

The internet.

Wasn't part of Condemned in a mall? The part with all the mannequins.

Conglomeration of major corporations leads to smaller businesses declining in favor of giant big box shopping centers, economic issues means consumers have far less disposable income, several major corporations being raided by vulture capitalists for debt fraud enrichment (for example, Toys R Us). Online shopping is a contributor but nowhere close to the only or even biggest contributor.

Dead Rising

> several major corporations being raided by vulture capitalists for debt fraud enrichment (for example, Toys R Us

tell me more. i always thought toys r us just got fucked over by game.stop

I miss going to the mall in the early 90s as a kid. They were very lively, filled with tons of people. The closest one was an hour from me and it was like entering a different world. I remember seeing that mall from my short perspective too, almost dream like now.

Online shopping coupled with malls just lacking the actual stores people want to go to. Also, a lot of malls scare off customers because ghetto/lower class people loiter in them. No, seriously. Middle/upper class sure as shit won't go to a mall, even if it has something they need immediately, if a bunch of ghetto shitheads are loitering around in there. No one goes if they're fearful of their belongings being stolen.

Malls are still thriving in middle and upper class white neighborhoods for a reason.

youtube.com/watch?v=FZUfiW3W1KY

Oh the poor smaller businesses oh boohoo.

Huh? How do people buy clothing? Do they just buy shit without trying it on? That's stupid.

The the giant mall of america still a thing?

It's called knowing your sizes.

Trend seems to be to buy a couple of sizes, try on which fits and then return those which are too small/ big.
This of course is bleeding unnecessary costs, so it's up to clothing sites to make some kind of fitting app instead of displaying them on lean-sized 10/10 fashion models.

>Why are malls dying?
The same way the local stores were dying.

local stores dying was a mistake