Games for this feel?

Games for this feel?

Attached: 5bb3ddf0250000cf0038cae3.jpg (720x498, 67K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fClVr5R_7Os
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Squad

arma

Arma3 on a public server. Most of your team will be filled with retards which will perfectly simulate the Generation Kill experience.

Project Reality

Attached: Hamas.jpg (1024x768, 1.11M)

Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead

its dead tho user

the feel of your wife fucking 10 guys and the sound of fireworks giving you PTSD for the rest of your life?

Delta Force Black Hawk Down

Syrian Warfare

Original Operation Flashpoint Cold War Crisis
Also Vietcong 1 + Fist Alpha

fuck off squadfag. events still happen regularly.

this
also joint ops if you can even play it anymore

> fuck, fuck is this guy nato or russia?
> whatever, no time to think
> - 10 points for teamkill

Attached: 8a71c203a77343a9cebc1d957da13cd1.jpg (400x300, 28K)

You don't need to be a Squadfag to realize that a game with a 100 player playercount and an average playerbase of around, maybe 200~ if one is generous, is fucking dead. It's free and can't hold a playerbase.

Just for reference, thats less players than Natural Selection 2, World War 3, Half Life 2 Deathmatch or fucking Counter Strike Condition Zero. And these games need way less to fill a server. And cost money. Oh, and are also fucking dead.

Attached: 1550323432149.jpg (400x431, 57K)

These

Attached: WAT2.png (257x281, 147K)

Six Days in Falluja

when is it coming out?

/thread

>cant diff between marpat and gorka
Retard confirmed gtfo my server

Attached: c83.png (413x451, 163K)

Not playing that while it was still alive will forever be one of my biggest regrets.

why wouldn't you play Squad? its 100x better and a lot of the players used to play PR.

Attached: 393380_screenshots_20190714121118_1.jpg (1440x837, 465K)

Real PTSD experience?

Full Spectrum Warrior
Vietcong
Squad
OpFlash: CWC

Probably the closest you will get.

>tfw no game will ever accurately simulate the feeling of running around in full MOPP in 110°F heat while having absolutely no idea what is going on while people are shooting at you and you haven't slept in 72 hours.

Attached: IMG_1270a.png (1512x1134, 2.93M)

So you served? Would you recommend joining the military user? I've been fighting over the decision for years, university is boring me to death and I need a change in life.

Attached: 1562101477273.jpg (476x687, 60K)

What's with this show and the ridiculous scopes on the rifles?

>Vietcong
Based

sandstorm

I'm still in. I enjoy what I do when I actually get to do it. Do I recommend it? Not really, even with all the good experiences I have had it's not a lifestyle that works for most people. I make shit pay, get treated like a child on a regular basis and have to be responsible for a handful of mouth breathing retard's lives.

Attached: IMG-0604.jpg (3023x3023, 775K)

That's supposed to be AN/PVS-17, a nightvision device
But thing in the show is just a replica

What branch? I'm considering the Navy

Not either of them but army here. My brother is in the navy and hates his life, even if he's a CTN. Join the air force.

What does November Juliet stands for ?

Attached: c6b.png (1000x1000, 177K)

>100x better
That's not how you write less maps, less weapons, less factions, less ways to play, less vehicles, local voip locked to your side, and I'm probably forgetting other stuff it's been a while since I last played them.

I'm assuming that since you're asking someone who is clearly American, that you're American yourself, and in that case I would say no, absolutely not. Despite all the support our troops bullshit, the US treats their soldiers worse than any first world country I can think of. If you live anywhere else though it's a great ride, especially if you go non combat arms.

Army. Can't speak on Navy, don't work with them too often.

Attached: IMG_1675a.jpg (1512x2016, 1.66M)

Attached: cat.jpg (800x450, 151K)

Why hate his life? I'd go in for engineering or sonar, but being onboard a vessel, out at sea, sounds like a dream.

Both correct answers.

source?

He just works long hours, that's about it. Longer than me honestly. He's stuck on a carrier too. I don't know much else, that's just what he bitches about.
Where is this? JBLM? Carson? Alaska? Looks like a nice day in the field.

is that the guy from Castle

JBLM. It was an alright field experience. We had some private shove a stick in his ear to get out of training later that night, good times.

Attached: GOPR0029.jpg (2000x1500, 1.77M)

arma is the definitive generation kill experience, you sit around doing nothing

PR was also locked to one side VOIP user, for years now.
Squad may have less content but wins in terms of systems. It has much better gunplay, deployable bipods, vaulting and climbing, backblast and overpressure simulation, vehicle part damage like destroyed wheels/tracks, engines, turrets ring etc. Also other stuff like render distance, generally looking like a game released this decade, steam integration.

What do I care about whether I‘m playing the dutch armed forces over the US Army when Project Reality’s systems are just archaic at this point? Regardless of whether its a limitation of the bf2 engine, no game should have aim deviation/cone bullshit in current year.

Attached: 0FC8529F-EEA7-4F10-B004-C0A75D8F8A4C.jpg (3840x2160, 1.27M)

PR's playerbase isn't scattered across 20 servers like all of those games nor is it $30 and unfinished. Kill yourself squad zoomer.

How's squad compared to ArmA III?

Games like this are just military recruitment software

Less clunky but less deep.

>A-all of the Project Reality playerbase fitting into one server is totally a good thing !!
legit cope

Attached: 1512330650860.png (900x729, 129K)

It's actually a game so you'll actually get to shoot people outside of an autistic roleplay context.

Anyone who wants to see how military grunts actually interact with each other should watch this (or read the book). It's insane how effortlessly this show captures reality, and how so much shit produced by Hollywood can't even compare.

youtube.com/watch?v=fClVr5R_7Os

What games let me be more like Trombley?

Nah, if you want a career in the long run go to a cheap coding boot camp online or get some network certificate for cisco. I recommended IT field because more than likely that is what you would like.

Fine.
I just want more factions eventually, and not just random militia/insurgents but things like Hamas vs IDF.
I know they won't do it, I know they won't add civilians, because it's a sensitive topic and they don't need controversy, but I just want more things out of Squad, PR has that charm that I don't get from playing Squad even if it is objectively better in terms of systems.

Also the new M4 looks awful with that dumb laser sight that they put on top instead of on the side, you have to always look at it even when you ads and it does nothing.

Still the only realistic depiction of the US military

Attached: Generation Kill 2.jpg (317x445, 36K)

Sneak King

MORE LIKE TROMBLEY?!
MORE LIKE TROMBLEEEY?!?!?!?!!

>dumb laser sight that they put on top instead of on the side

That's where your PEQ-15 goes, at least in most Army units. Some cool guys get to put them on the side but most units don't allow it.

The button to turn on the laser is on the top, so if you don't have a pressure switch because your supply guy is an asshole, you have to reach up with your thumb and hit it.

Attached: IMG_1673a.jpg (1512x2016, 1.92M)

I agree with you, they are playing it too save not adding shit like gary trucks. Hopefully modding 2.0 will kickstart costum content, they atleast added automatic mod loading on server join with V14.1

>Some cool guys get to put them on the side but most units don't allow it.
why not

Huh okay, I wasn't aware, in most games it's on the side, and I didn't have this irl knowledge.
It not being the same color as the gun triggers my OCD.
I miss the cars with nasheed playing.
I hope we get that kind of stuff eventually with modding.

WHOPPER JUNIOR

Conventional army units like uniformity and also most of the logic is because they said so.

If you don't have a pressure switch the button is kind of awkward to press if it's anywhere other than the top of the weapon if you want to keep a good C-grip shooting stance. Also uniformity and zeroing your PEQ-15 is more simple from the top of the weapon.

>It not being the same color as the gun triggers my OCD
Fucking everything is "coyote" colored now, for obvious desert camo reasons. Not sure what the fucking rationale is on a PEQ, but maybe they think some guys have high speed desert camo patterns on their weapons.

Or maybe they knew that when some boot fuck loses it in Twentynine Palms, it would make it even harder to find.

>make it even harder to find
That sounds like a fun time.

We have a couple of black PEQs in our arms room, but they aren't mounted on any of the weapons, because UNIFORMITY.

Attached: IMG_1562.jpg (1024x911, 159K)

Join navy if you want to have a good civilian job after military life , ONLY join nuke(which is offered if you have a good asvab) if you want to have a 6 figure job but go thru the most depressing and stressful job in the military which is subs(3 months in deep water no life no communcation and if they forget to bring it , no music) only to see light for a few days then go back in for 3 more months for 2 to 3 years.

I'm in the navy as a HMDA and although I have a option to go FMF with the marines I rather stay with my dentist stuff because military sugery and in general nursing almost never will find you a job in the real world whereas the certificates I get from the side positions(in my case dental but xray and lab tech is another) can.

Army - Overseas policemen in 10x more stressful situations than chicago and detroit policemen . life after military is extremely hard to adjust and find a normal well paying civ job
Marines - Overseas swat also in 10x worst positions and also hard to adjust in civilian world
Air Force - the comfiest branch of them all but also tough to adjust after military life because they offer some of the fewest jobs and half of them are barely applicable in the real world. Best housing and shortest deployments but again best to stay rather than leave
Navy - Has the most jobs of them all , many of them will give you certificates for the real world and others will give you great paying jobs right off the bat but also has a lot of trap jobs like CS , anything NUC , LS . Essentially jobs that can suck the life out of you. Has the most bases of them all and more likely chance to land in japan if you're a weeb.

do research on all branches if you plan on joining , it is a great decision to join the military if you can handle bootcamp because the benefits long after you leave will greatly outweigh working for anyone for the first time for a comparable 3 to 5 years.

>that cringy fobbit coolguy ach
Yikes...

I'm sorry your unit doesn't allow you to wear high cut ACHs.

Attached: IMG-1377.jpg (2016x1512, 937K)

Uh.. Full Spectrum Warrior?

hopes and dreams. maybe in 2030 when nobody cares about that siege anymore.

can you be more like trombley?

Attached: 1527114224700.png (393x372, 224K)

>I’m a 42a but want everyone to think I’m a 19x

Actually I'm an 11B but I want everyone to think I'm an 92Y so I don't have to actually do any work. Thanks.

>not the infinitely superior 13b...
Lad

Attached: 9AB29FAF-7A43-4DAB-ACA8-947EB82013B2.jpg (2100x1575, 755K)

Every job is infinity superior to 11B, that's not saying much. I just get to gloat about being infantry in order to shield myself from the fact that my life sucks.

I can imagine there is a lot of seaman in those submarines lol.

Yeah well any combat arms is shit.
>tfw photographer was a job I could’ve picked and just taken pictures of brigade runs but instead I chose to just lift 100lb rounds

To everyone who joined the military, are you going to stay or leave?

>What games let me be more like Trombley?

Attached: 1531551650554.jpg (813x810, 110K)

Right now, I'm going to stay. I just re-enlisted last year for another 3 years.

After that who knows. It's all really gonna depend on if I catch a deployment or not. I spend 5 years at the same unit and never saw combat, but instead took all expense paid trips around the Pacific to Japan, Thailand and Guam.

Might go warrant and fly helicopters after I make Staff Sergeant and do my squad leader time, I don't really see myself being an infantry Platoon Sergeant ever.

Attached: IMG_1591.jpg (474x474, 44K)

Squad is much more basic, it's got less weapons vehicles, etc. but the movement, communication, and systems are also more simple which can be a good or bad thing if you care about how clunky arma 3 is.

I left. Most people in my unit got out, I think that's normal for infantry. It's a lot of stupid and stressful bullshit to put up with, even with the good moments. I'm glad I did it though. Got some great life experience, learned how to be type A, and got some absolutely amazing benefits out of the deal.

I'd like to add Insurgency to the list

Insurgency is another good one, but no vehicle or large scale combat if that matters to you. It's like a slightly more realistic CS:GO.
Air Force is comfy as fuck, not gonna lie. Of course, I've been pretty lucky with assignments, and I have a really fucking nonner as fuck career field (Administration). I never go out, so even with E-5 pay I can easily save up shitloads of money to buy games or upgrade my PC. As long as you live within you live within your means, assuming time allows, you can do basically anything. That is to say, don't buy a fucking Dodge Charger at 25% APR straight out of Basic Training like a mong. Otherwise as long as you shut up and color and don't roll shitty dice and get stuck with supremely career-centered narcissists who will fuck you over for the slightest thing, you can be set up pretty nicely. Shit man, my leadership lets me take online classes during the day as long as it's not interfering with what work I do have to get done.

But I'm not delusional. A lot of other jobs suck worse than mine. My biggest adversary is boredom from lack of challenge most days.

Attached: corrinwithacupoflimey.jpg (600x620, 214K)

>My biggest adversary is boredom from lack of challenge most days.

This is true of almost every military job. I spend 90% of my time in my barracks room playing video games simply because there is nothing to do at work.

>My biggest adversary is boredom from lack of challenge most days.

honestly that's a lowkey time bomb waiting to happen. i like my job because it's challenging and throws new shit at me every day.

one of the things that terrifies me the most is seeing some of my coworkers stuck doing the same shit for 5-10 years, coasting on minimum effort well into their 50s. i'd leave any job if i had to do the same thing for that long. hell, i'd go combat arms just to break the monotony and embrace the suck for a bit just to do something different.

Friendly reminder to play SquadZ now that mods auto download on server join

Attached: 20190715001139_1.jpg (1920x1080, 125K)

here

It's the same in combat arms if you aren't going to the field. We do janitor work, or maintain our vehicles and then bounce for the day. The field is great because you actually get to do your job but in garrison most of your job is paperwork and cleaning or landscaping.

Attached: IMG_1305.jpg (1000x941, 124K)

Going to stay, not much for me to do in the 82nd with my job but I'm going to reenlist for group so I can do my job outside.

>wanted to be a tanker
>medically disqualified from all military service

Attached: 1561660301862.jpg (497x500, 41K)

What got you? I lied through my teeth at MEPS,

celiac disease
can't be a soldier when the military can't feed you

>It's the same in combat arms if you aren't going to the field.

i couldn't imagine not trying to get deployed, mostly because i want do want get some, as generically pathetic as that sounds. but garrison for combat arms always seems like a hair away from levenworth.

>Wheres your mic?
>Yo get on mic
>Fuck off if you don't have a mic
>Get on mic
>Join our Vent bro
>Turn on your mic
It wasn't that good

I mean it's not that I don't want to get deployed. My unit straight up hasn't deployed since 2012 and I've been here 5 years. There just isn't a need for SBCTs in combat overseas right now.

Garrison combat arms is a nightmare, but it's also all I know.

Attached: IMG_E1563.jpg (547x696, 153K)

Just watched it again this weekend
>that football scene and ending

Attached: IMG_20190506_102626.jpg (1023x608, 65K)

nah it was every bit as good and more

>that post-game victory screen where both teams can hear everyone
>the verbal tidal wave of shitposting transformed into sound waves assaulting my ears
>mfw spewing random shit at anyone and everyone

Attached: 1522586995737.jpg (235x252, 10K)

a mic is basically required in these kinds of tactical shooter, being able to say "enemy to the south" can make the difference between your whole squad dying or nobody dying

I knew someone who did 15 years and got offered early retirement. However, he wished he stayed the full 20 because he gets around 30% of his paycheck instead of half.

Really? I never really looked into it but I assumed you Infantry folks PT'd and did other training. Well, uh, shit. Still, if you want to be challenged, you'd go into a technical career field. Now THOSE GUYS, those guys are worked to the bone. Cyber, Aircraft Maintainers, etc., now I've seen these guys suddenly have their 9 hour shift turn into a 16 hour shift, and they stay busy all the way through.

I've been in going on 6 years now. I'm definitely shooting for over 20-- I want that fucking retirement, man. After that, I can take up odd jobs as a postman for extra cash or whatever, but I'm really gunning for it. It's a no questions asked check from the government handed off to you every month till you croak. Financial Independence is a goal of mine, so unless I recalculate later on and find that I would make SIGNIFICANTLY MORE if I left before Retirement, then I'm sticking it for the long haul.

I may or may not make the leap and go commissioned if I feel the conditions are right these next few years idk, in which case I'd definitely be trying to retire on a fat Major check.

Attached: rei drinking a rockstar.png (522x502, 282K)

What branch and what do you do?

>being able to say "enemy to the south" can make the difference between your whole squad dying or nobody dying

yea nah, everybody is always talking about what kind of dicks the other fag in the squad likes to suck.

when we do get shot at its

>"did we just get shot at"
>return fire
>killed the guy shooting at us
>it was a guy on our team
>everyone starts talking about the kinds of dick the dead guy takes in his ass

I'm

Attached: today I will remind them.jpg (1024x791, 138K)

>tfw vetfag thread on Yea Forums
>not /k/ so less autistic retards around

i did 4 and hit the door in the marine infantry and i regretted every second of it. all i got was broken knees, a bad attitude, and chronic cold sores

Attached: 1556066097444.jpg (900x1200, 551K)

Anyone even still play flashpoint?

>Financial Independence is a goal of mine, so unless I recalculate later on and find that I would make SIGNIFICANTLY MORE if I left before Retirement, then I'm sticking it for the long haul.

you most likely can make more money outside. when's the last time you heard of someone making it rich in the military?

just stay in long enough that people can thank you for cervix and give you a job $100k starting

My typical day is this.

PT 0630-0800
Breakfast 0800-0930
Work 0930-1130 (usually maintenance/ layouts)
Lunch 1130-1300
Work 1300-1700 (usually classes/ paperwork)

1700 release at the latest on a normal work day.

Most of the average day is dedicated to equipment maintenance and teaching people the basic battle drills, over and over and over again. It's not bad but once you have been around long enough it gets really old doing the same thing every day.

>My unit straight up hasn't deployed since 2012 and I've been here 5 years.

>joining in peace time

you fugged up son.

Play SquadZ

Attached: 20190715003208_1.jpg (1920x1080, 169K)

To be honest joining military for infantry is getting pointless as automation is taking the jobs anyways.

It's like Zombie Panic Source but zombies run at sanic speed

Attached: 20190715002225_1.jpg (1920x1080, 185K)

>subtle squad shilling thread
i see you faggot

should have gotten a mic, dumb cunt

>like Zombie Panic Source but zombies run at sanic speed
That sounds awful, I'd rather play ZPS.

what are you on about?

infantry is the one branch, the one job on this godforsaken planet that will never be automated like those factories or offices (where the people there mostly deserve it).

you think the green weenie wants some synthetic fleshlight when there's millions of innocent, willing, young boys with tight assholes that havent prolapsed out yet?

shit game design. feels like a battlefield. be gone owi shill

> Umm what?

Have you noticed the downsizing of the military especially when it comes to infantry?

Its fun user

Attached: 20190715004521_1.jpg (1920x1080, 203K)

/k/'s been infested with newfags in a way that is, proportionate to their original population, way more severe that Yea Forums. /k/ used to be so comfy and now it's just constant chink vs. amerilard vs. vatnik vs. israel vs. arabs vs. europe threads with nothing but shitflinging and barely any actual good military discussion. Not to mention being full of morons who know nothing about weapons.
It's fucking sad what's happened to that board.

Maybe, maybe. But for now, I browse civilian careers mostly so I have an idea what to do if something happens to me medically and I get discharged, or if my career stalls out terribly. Moving to the private sector is always a risk, and the comfort of doing what you know enters into the equation as well.I can't say I'm ultimately unhappy with my life currently, so I'd definitely only start reconsidering staying for the retirement check if, yeah, I could find a 6-figure offer, not that I think there were many of those for Business Admin guys last I checked. But who knows, I stick with it and my 'leadership experience' (lol) might count for something should I try to get a managerial position somewhere.

Even then, of course, it would still be nice to rake in an extra 2k a month from Retirement if I could. That's a safety net you get to keep forever if you just wanna stop working for a year.

Sucks to suck man. You the guy considering going Warrant? I gotta be honest, I'm coming up on getting my eyes unfucked with Lasik in the near future and I've seriously been considering if I wanna jump on the chance to be a pilot before I get too old, man.

Attached: viethill.png (500x386, 300K)

>You the guy considering going Warrant?

After E-6 yeah, not before. E-7 is the administrative wall in the infantry world.

>especially when it comes to infantry?

There is a $40,000 signing bonus for 11X right now because infantry is undermanned. Just saying.

If it's "ZPS but bigger" I don't really see the point.

Good luck user. I'm gonna try and get out from behind a desk and go do something else before I get sat back down infront of one later. It's the ultimate fate of everyone it seems, no matter what you job is. This world makes desk jockeys out of all of us eventually anyways.

Attached: 1562896454932.jpg (900x900, 42K)

Exactly, that is why they are trying to automate it. Saves money and time. Especially almost no one wants to do the job or stay after doing the job.

Forgot to mention, but I heard those signing bonuses are traps and the military can weasel their way out of it.

Only if you don't read your contract like an idiot.

Well, a lot of people who join infantry are not exactly the brightest people.

You build FOBs and defend it from zombies, if you fuck up it snowballs. Its simple but appealing

Attached: 20190715005503_1.jpg (1920x1080, 302K)

army always get budget cuts, especially when we're not really fighting wars. that's why the navy and air force get all the money, because they're technically not boots on the ground and get away with all kinds of shit. if anything navy and AF are the most at risk of automation.

now that i think about it, invading iran would be really good for the army, since navy and AF would project too many losses.

>There is a $40,000 signing bonus for 11X right now because infantry is undermanned.

whew lad. i remember hearing shit like that since 2006-2008 troop surges.

it's up to 40k signing bonus, which means you're most likely not going to get that bonus unless you sucked some mean dick from your recruiter. i think most people get 1k, 5k if they're lucky. and i believe it's mostly aimed at prior service or re-upping.

Red orchestra 2 but freezing instead of scorching

Alright I might give it a shot someday when I get back into Squad.