Why did Nintendo make a retarded controller?

Attached: Wiimote.jpg (1280x1024, 88K)

that's their thing

>wiimote
>retarded
It was by far the ultimate controller, in terms of comfort.

To pander to their primary audience.

too bad few games had good motion controls, and too bad so few games were good
this controller has very high highs but not every wii game was RE4

I hated shit that made you use the IR sensor but games that had hybrid waggle/standard controls like Mad World and NMH were great

deeeeel-dooooooooohhh

So the trannies can stick up their ass when they done playing vidya.

A TV remote with TWO buttons and an awkwardly paced D-Pad (and two more inconvienent buttons if the game demanded it), and a dingleberry dangling off of the Wiimote's butthole with an analog stick that doesn't click in, two shoulder buttons, and nothing underneath it. And you are forced to waggle it around to do stuff.

Comfort.

Totally the opposite, I thought the pointer was neat and hated waggle.

Aiming was great for bow shooting in Zelda games. I'd still rather take gyro over it, but as far as controller aiming goes it's the second best.

You know how bad the Wiimote is?

It was supposed to be completely compatible with Splatoon, but since it didn't have enough buttons, it was relegated to the Dojo mode only. It was only finally realized out with Splatoon 2, since the Joycons are not retarded, and has things called "buttons".

Only thing I didn't like about it was that it's cord connected.

I bought Zelda SchutzStaffel Limited Edition since it came with the controller.
I've never owned a Wii, I just bought it to play Zelda on Dolphin.
The bundle cost almost as much as the dedicated controller.

Maybe the game is just plain fucking stupid for needing more than the more than enough amount of buttons on the wiimote

Say what you want. It's still the best way how to play RE4

It is a Wii U game that was meant for the tablet controller. It could have been Wiimote compatible if care was taken.

Splatoon 2 feels natural with split joycons.

Why did Sony copy them and do it worse in every way?

Attached: 91DF43D1-E25B-48CC-8A61-70988A07B23F.png (440x580, 116K)

Sony has no original ideas. They ALWAYS stole from Nintendo to try to one-up them, just for revenge on that botched licensing deal.

Selling hundreds of millions of more systems than them wasn't enough.

Even today Nintendo still wants to reinvent the controller. I really think they peaked with the wii tho, the smooth gyro plus pointer and the raw comfort of the thing was just unbeatable, I really hope they bring back something like the censor bar and that kind of aiming in the future, it would be nice to play some good looking games with those sort of controls in the future.

because they're a retarded company.
fun fact: people tested them head-to-head at the time and the psmove was the more accurate controller. the wiimote was terrible at calculating your position or perceiving depth by comparison, even with motionplus.

>fun fact: people tested them head-to-head at the time and the psmove was the more accurate controller. the wiimote was terrible at calculating your position or perceiving depth by comparison, even with motionplus.

I am pretty sure that Grandma doesn't care. She just wants to swing her arm in the world's least accurate bowling game (as well as not buy any other titles).

best fps/tps controller ever
though, that was basically the only thing it was best at
this, also metroid 3 was great with it despite being a meh game

They keep trying and failing to innovate with controllers when Microsoft already made the perfect controller.

The Wiimotes were never designed to perceive depth at all. It works nearly like a TV remote. Plus you're comparing two pieces of hardware released 4 years apart.

>I AM SILLY

the type of people casual enough to play waggleshit obviously didn't care enough to notice how inaccurate it was.

We want the blue sky audience - Nintendo

When Walmart finally got rid of these fuckers for good I bought every single one they had available at three stores for $10 a pop (nun chucks were $5)

And I’ll never sell. 4 each for Wii, Wii U , dolphin and extras

Attached: D7346537-1B57-4866-86CB-42012AF84E86.jpg (4032x3024, 2.31M)

>The Wiimotes were never designed to perceive depth at all.
iirc, some wii games had you pull the wiimote in or out, so there was some rudimentary attempt at depth perception. it sucked, though.
>Plus you're comparing two pieces of hardware released 4 years apart.
the psmove was based on eyetoy technology that predates the wiimote.

And because they didn't want to actually CREATE a new console, they just shuffled around a few GameCube parts, shat out a last-generation SD-only console, did a gimmicky controller, and tried to convince everyone that it was the future.

All it did was create mountains of shovelware, inferior ports of Xbox 360 and PS3 games (if not entirely different games altogether by B-teams), and only a few exclusives that were ported to the Wii U either officially or through Virtual Console.

Wiimotes are fun, it was the nunchucks that fucked up all the time. Threw one of mine away this morning after it started pressing buttons on its own.

My joystick is messed up too