It is soon turning 10 bros

it is soon turning 10 bros

let's discuss this flawless masterpiece and how it culminated into bioware's last good fantasy game

Attached: ff.png (1280x720, 750K)

I feel like you deliberately chose your words. What good BioWare game came out after Dragon Age?

mediocre at best

>his favourite game is smash

Replaying it now. Lots of recycled assets, continuous waves of enemies appearing out of nowhere. It's not a bad game but it's no masterpiece. 7/10. I remember awakening being much better though. I hope I am right.

Replayed it last month. Combat and some parts( mostly battle oriented) aged not very well. Only good companions are Stan and morrigan, other are boring or cringy. Full voiced dialogues and faces closed up in such big game influenced badly on wrpgs- now people think that everything must be voiced in genre known fo w
tons of text and characters.

It's no masterpiece but it's pretty fun.

>continuous waves of enemies appearing out of nowhere
Sounds more like you are playing the second game, apart from spiders all other enemies are usually already loaded in and can be seen.

Attached: stare.jpg (842x1778, 675K)

It's not a problem with human enemies but the animal encounters are very annoying because they always seem to teleport behind you.

Again, I found awakening to be much better years ago, and I am sure that I will enjoy it more this time too. Origins lacks polish, some very basic things (like a storage chest and stat respec) and the fights can be a bit repetitive. Awakening is the peak of the franchise.

>flawless masterpiece
Are you fucking insane?

sex mods were neat, also polygamy

>like a storage chest and stat respec
I think the chest was a pre-oder bonus or some shit.
Both of these things got modded in like a week after release.
The respec mod is especially useful since it allows you to pick your party after personalities rather than the base stats/abilities.

Attached: Tent_cold.jpg (1920x1080, 351K)

Of course, I am playing with mods. The bonus stats from fade are useless without the respec mod (a mage doesn't need +5 cunning or +3 str). But I was just pointing out that origins feels like a beta while awakening feels like a full fledged realisation of what they really wanted to make.

>combat aged not well
are you insane? the combat in that game is one of the best in any wrpg's
dumb zoomer it really is summer here

>not picking 2

also has a bunch of great mods

Wasn't cunning needed for persuasion? I think it replaced charisma.

I think it's also used for dodging

>No Sten SFM model

>Not being hetero
Enjoy being the genetic dead end to the honorable Cousland family

For what purpose, I wonder?

Attached: 1464534611140.jpg (615x518, 73K)

Only need 16 cunning to get level 4 persuasion.

dexterity is used for dodging (and hitting). My PC is an arcane warrior so I had to pump it up to 40 to be able to hit anything.

I miss DA:O, I honestly think it's the best wRPG ever made, all the other DA games are complete dogshit though.
>DA:O: all dialogue options affect your companion's like of you
>Every dialogue choice is important because of this
>You actually get to understand your companion's personalities and worldviews because of this
>Your companions will even leave if you piss them off, you can get into fights with them if you disagree too much

>Every other wRPG after this:
>Lol who cares they're literally hard coded to be with you, they can't leave even if both of you want it
>Want to romance them? Do their copy pasted dungeon companion quest then press the YES button to get the copy pasted sex scene
>Want to understand their personality? What the fuck is a personality?? They all just hate bad and be good, okay.

Attached: Dragon-Age-Origins-Leliana-S-Song-Original-Videogame-Score-cover.jpg (1400x1400, 225K)

>Cunning helps characters identify weaknesses in opponents' armor, increasing the armor penetration score, and also contributes to mental resistance and the persuasion side of Coercion

> Just two mage companions
> One is pretty easy to lose with story choices and is the only dedicated healer
Not fun.

I have kind of a fond memory of the game, but when I tried playing it a few years back, it was just like.. the whole game is that part. Fade, sure, but the Dalish forest dungeon is ehh, Deep roads is ehh, Urn dungeon is ehh.

>is the only dedicated healer
You can buy the specialization from denerim

>One is pretty easy to lose with story choices
>its possible to lose one because you act like an absolute moron for no reason.

Wynne supports you if you side with the Templars. She only has problems with you if you act like a murderer or defile literally one of the most holy shrines in the entire world.

What about D:OS2? I remember one of them turning on me during the final battle and there were other dialogues where I was pretty sure they would fuck off if I said the wrong thing and some of them died. But I only did 1 PT so far

Not that guy, but she attacked me when I first met her simply because Morrigan was in my party and made some snarky comment or something. I was surprised that she actually died when we beat her considering she was a party member, and considered reloading, but I wasn't planning on bringer her out with me anyway so I didn't bother.

If you agree with Cullen at the top that it might be safer to take the mages out Wynne turns against you and there's no turning back. At least they had to decency to add autosave before that discussion.

It's a shame that the intro section is always the best part of the game. All of your choices mattered during creation, and made you want to replay and try different options.
Rest of the game was passable but not worth mutliple playthroughs in my opinion.

/thread

Why are games regressing bros?

OS2 has the definitive Leliana
>Hotter
>Her song is bearable, still a bit cringe
>Actually interesting personal quest

Attached: 1561841674460.jpg (585x1003, 125K)

it's the postergame for mediocrity, lukewarm in every respect. flavourless. room temperature water.

I'll give you my body temperature water if you don't shut your trap

>defile the most holy shrine
>kill innocent children
Jeez I wonder why people would hate you.

/thread

>flawless
The only thing which makes Origin good is that all its sequels got worse by comparison. The game has to have the worst main villain of the last 20 years of not more.

Because he's not a villain, he's antagonist.

One doesn't exclude the other.

played this gem on my xbox 360 when i was in highschool. i wasnt huge into gaming but i always loved KOTOR on my original xbox and had not found a game similar to it. immediately fell in love with this games similar style and choice making and didnt even realize for a month or two when it was the same company that made both. got me huge into gaming and have had a console/pc since