Hmm

I really want to make a video game but in order to make a video game I need to learn how to draw and I need to learn video game programming but in order to do those things I need time which I don't have because I spend all my time either working or doing nothing after being exhausted from work

It really is tough to do the things I want to in life
I need to go do my homework now

Attached: 1557323843143.jpg (750x684, 67K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NOAgplgTxfc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I don't have any of these except tea, cookies and a pet. You don't need anything else desu.

>good friends
>nobody is smiling in the picture

Attached: 1556933995966.jpg (320x401, 37K)

Requires sacrifice. You have to give some things up and put your focus on drawing or learning to code in order to get anywhere. Cut some things out of your life (like vidya) at least for a little while and give it your all.

i have none of this

This picture is unironically correct.

Depression is a meme for 90% of people who claim they have it. It IS a real mental illness, just horribly misattributed.

You know who can have legitimate depression?
Someone who lost their whole family in an accident.
A war veteran who witnessed incredible amounts of brutality watching his friends die and feels displaced from his place in the world coming home.
A person going to prison for a crime they didn't commit, and everyone they were close to think they did it and hate them for it.
Somebody with genuinely physically and emotionally abusive parents who gets kicked out of the house at age 14 and has to fend for themselves.
A person who gets diagnosed with a freak rare disease that will slowly cripple their body within six months.

You know who doesn't have real depression?
Some late-teens or early 20's guy who doesn't put effort into anything and wonders why his life isn't going anywhere.
Some teenage girl whose boyfriend broke up with her and she sees her friends getting way more likes than her on Instagram.
People who see some ideal Chad fantasy life and curse their own existence because they aren't living it, and give up all motivation because they're "missing out".
People who blame video games and being unpopular in middle school for never getting anywhere, claiming it was their only shot at learning to be social, despite countless normal people being able to make it regardless of having been a nobody in their teenage social circle.

tl;dr stop making excuses faggot

No one loves me

I still don't understand this picture, it shows someone suffering from depression despite a successful life so far, then says you're not depressed.

I remember you. Weak bait by the way.

Attached: 729.gif (340x340, 137K)

Sorry but I don't take doses from unlicensed doctors who are also mega faggots

Except my diploma doesn't mean shit if I can't find a job

i have none of those things in that pic

Attached: 1562820518487.png (1177x1395, 1.69M)

Depression impacts all types of people.
>You can only be depressed if your life is shit
That's called being realistic, not depression.

BASED

This is why videogames are usually a team effort.

>somebody who loves you

Attached: 1551988220359.jpg (600x350, 23K)

Yes everyone, trust this weak bait user poster and not the many mental health professionals in their field.

Let me guess. The artist of this crap is female, right?

or you could just make enough money to hire people to make the game for you.

Attached: 1562294809378.jpg (995x1338, 660K)

Video games?

Attached: depression quest.jpg (460x215, 79K)

Repeat: Video Games

>Mens sana in corpore sano.
Fuck leg day, don't forget brain day
Socialize, learn new things stop distracting yourself from your own fears but rather conquer them face on and become a better person

Unironically the biggest cause of mental health problems is lack of vitamin D.

Get out there and sun yourselves.

The sun makes me sweat, it hurts my eyes and my skin.

I can draw.
I want to draw for a video game.
I can't draw for free.

if you post regularly at Yea Forums it is proof that you suffer from depression

Wear sunscreen and sunglasses/a hat then.

>Just do it
>If you put effort into things they will naturally happen
Not everyone have a good luck.

Attached: 1562670811374.gif (390x357, 2.95M)

I'm only depressed when I have to deal with people. I can be alone for days at a time and I'll be very happy, but being around people sucks the life out of me

>Socialize
Stopped reading right there.

HE IS DEPRESSED BECAUSE HE DOSEN'T HAVE A JOB!

just smile bro :)

K memes have unironically helped me a lot in dealing with loneliness and depression. Weird as it may seem, the fact that other people are posting this character with a sentiment of hopeless loneliness reminds me that I am not ultimately alone.
Thanks Yea Forums

Attached: cri.gif (712x380, 3.07M)

>tl;dr stop making excuses faggot
Stopped reading right there. You don't know shit about what's an excuse and what isn't

I have aspergers and I'm forced to live every day as an awkward socially crippled pariah that will never experience real human life, or have a girlfriend. Would you consider me one of the people allowed to be depressed?

Attached: 1561817058044.gif (416x307, 2.58M)

Attached: 1561348443110.jpg (700x1932, 788K)

This and same

yes
there are people who suffer way less than you do who claim they're depressed to the same degree

there can be degrees to depression, as with anything. it doesn't have to be the most extreme situation one has dealt with or is dealing with in order to have depression.

>dude you need to have a shitty life to know life sucks dick
fuck off, back to redit

>someone who loves you
IM SO LONELY AND HORNY

You know who else can have legitimate depression?
Someone who posts long rants on an etruscan clay dildo crafting agora

>diploma
>goals achieved

Attached: 1479013881747.jpg (300x300, 12K)

>Somebody with genuinely physically and emotionally abusive parents who gets kicked out of the house at age 14 and has to fend for themselves.
Yay, I qualify.

>Doing CS course
>Friends with two fellas, one that always wants to put the rest of us down to make himself feel better
>Some extremely lazy stoner & MTG player with no job
>Two friends always share their work and do it together to succeed after borrowing it from someone else
>Never give me anything
>The first friend flunks and drops down a year
>The other friend passes with me
>Other friend does literally no work all year and blames it on his depression
>Does so little work he fails his dissertation
>He was making a small game & had a professional developer doing most of it for him
>Still did so little work to actually finish it he failed
>Blames it on his depression to everyone he sees
>Tells the school only after he fails
>They let him try again
>He gets the friend to finish the rest
>Passes
>Doesn't have a job after a year
>Still blaming it on his depression

Attached: 1562682397368.jpg (1280x1029, 228K)

based and /his/pilled

I'm working on getting an Aspergers diagnosis (my shrink is pretty sure that I do have Aspergers), but I have a good job and a girlfriend. Of course I also went through a bout of crippling depression in April, where I basically stopped eating for a week, and couldn't bring myself to do anything remotely entertaining (watching TV, movies, playing games... etc., everything seemed repulsive).

>stopped reading at the end of the post

take it step by step user, you don't need to worry about graphics if you can't even code, and you shouldn't sit down to code if you have no idea of what you even want
just start by writing down every idea/concept/gameplay mechanic or even story elements, think about how the game would start and progress and write all that shit down however long it takes, do a little each day
after you more or less know what you want, download an engine like GMS or Unity or whatever you feel is best for your game, you dont need to do shit from scratch, use whatever free resources you find on the internet, do tutorials in youtube, if your game progresses good enough then you can think of paying someone to create new art/sprites/models and replace the free ones you used
take it step by step

notch made minecraft without learning to draw
countless games have been made with minimal to no understanding of programming
these are just tools to create what you want, stop putting up mental barriers. learn what you need on the fly, but just start MAKING stuff.

>You know who can have legitimate depression?
Someone who lost their whole family in an accident.
>A war veteran who witnessed incredible amounts of brutality watching his friends die and feels displaced from his place in the world coming home.
>A person going to prison for a crime they didn't commit, and everyone they were close to think they did it and hate them for it.
>Somebody with genuinely physically and emotionally abusive parents who gets kicked out of the house at age 14 and has to fend for themselves.
>A person who gets diagnosed with a freak rare disease that will slowly cripple their body within six months.
My life is like everything you listed combined together and I got depressed for years and stopped playing videogames for a while, yet I still should say depression is an excuse and laziness, you should always keep trying no matter how shit your life is, and I always use to scorn corny sentiments like that when I was younger but it's true.

Attached: praise the sun, mech dark souls.gif (729x486, 2.92M)

>Distracted
More like bored on a daily bases, with some days being better than others. Not depression i guess.

>everyone they were close to think they did it and hate them for it.
Glad to know under your totally not arbitrary standards I am allowed to be depressed. I had a fake rape accusation in high school. Pretty much ruined 4 years of my life.

Having a girlfriend does NOT make you happier.

Youre just projecting. I used to say the same thing about it being an excuse and laziness, and that's not an excuse not to give it youre all, but thats just not true. Living conditions are shit, genetics play a huge role in it, and pulling up your bootstraps wont get you a reward.

You know this user is right by the amount of cope posting he evoked.

I don't have any of those except the pet and mine is a 18 year old cat

I have all those except a diploma. College is for cucks.

>no GF
>no goal
>no pets
>no tea and cookies
>no friends

and im not depressed

>someone who loves you

Attached: 1562994398631.jpg (1024x619, 54K)

Why the fuck didn't this get more (You)s? Good 1, user

depression is only really depression if it's illogical
if you're sad because you've got shit to actually be sad about, that's not a chemical imbalance. that's the expected reaction.

he didnt make it retard this has been around for ages

I have none of these things.
Am I justified in being depressed now?

Attached: 1359650314373.png (330x473, 210K)

We have known for all of human existence that the same 3 things make people happy in every culture...
-Love
-Family
-Purpose

That dude either hates his partner or has...
-No kids
-Shitty Job

Attached: images(2).jpg (260x194, 8K)

Have you, like, tried not to be depressed?

Attached: 04b74861babff3076a9df7d1c9e6dba8.jpg (459x727, 61K)

pretty sure that being sad is the baseline and its the other things that distract you from that

Dont let your ego push you away from a happy life for this short amount of time we get here anons. trust me

Attached: .jpg (900x670, 103K)

I'm glad to see Yea Forums is finally getting out of the whole "tfw no gf" depressive shit. Shame that /r9k/ migrated to /fit/ and ruined the board, but the rest of the site seems to be taking active measures to call it out now.

A thread died for this blog.

don't forget about music and sound effects
game dev isn't easy, and i fell into the meme way too hard, i learned programming and got a CS degree, only to realize in the end that most programming is web dev and i fucking hate web dev.

wait wut?

This.
Life is a miserable experience which is why we seek distraction wherever we can.

I'm missing 3 out of 5, but I do have a pet and friends, so it's not that bad

by that standard, Robin Williams wasn't depressed. It becomes solely a postmortem condition, where you tell someone that they aren't depressed until they kill themselves, at which point you complain that they never asked for help.

It is just a return to the normal functioning of society. We never glorified suicides in the past. We buried them at the crossroads with a stake through them so that their souls could never find rest.

>Baba Is not your pet
Now I'm depressed

Attached: 1553322026652.jpg (400x400, 9K)

>Depression is a meme for 90% of people who claim they have it
This is true. It's the "omg I'm so OCD" of today. BUT the OP pic insinuates that having a nice life somehow prevents people from EVER becoming depressed, even that other 10%.

talking in third person is not healthy

This. meme kino

I felt the same way, but I quit my job and went back to school studying art and animation. Now I work in the industry as a 3D game animator and rigger.

You have no excuse for this pathetic blogpost. Make changes to your life instead of bitching on a Taiwanese agriculture forum.

"Justified" depression isn't depression. It's store-brand, generic sadness.

>depression
>real

what you're talking about is closer to PTSD than it is depression. Depression's an imbalance where you're sad all the time.

These clowns are genuinely sociopath. They feel the weakness and are trying to gain easy social points by virtue signalling their strength or one upping the depressed loser. It's like that one popular girl in high school who keeps bothering the kid that sits in the back constantly telling him "umm why do you not smile? why don't you talk more?". These people are bothered by depressed people "bringing them down", but they also see easy social points to score through "helping" them or one upping them.

I have friends with Asperger's and they havee all been in successful relationships. You need to just push through it and be social, dress well and get better hobbies.

I really, really, really like this image

Good job user, 3dfags are one of the few types of people that the vidya industry -doesn't- grossly underpay relative to other work with equal qualifications

>has a degree for genderqueer dance studies
>GOALS ACHIEVED
haha oh my fuck

It's true. I started at 36k but now I'm at 50. Life is good. Meanwhile some of my 2Dfag friends are unemployed and can't find work outside of mobile studios.

The point they're making is completely valid for people who are actually suffering from mental illness. You can tell a schizophrenic fuck to stop being paranoid, but he literally can't do that.

I've actually thought about it a lot and I get what you are trying to say but prolonged justified sadness can be depression too.
Even though most people equate depression with something mysterious or "sadness without a cause".

Attached: 1552214467192.png (700x644, 449K)

Depression is chemical imbalance in your brain, it's not "I has a sad today :("

>no good friends
>no goals achieved
>nobody who loves me
>don't drink tea
mfw not depressed

Attached: 1527106720329.jpg (960x902, 73K)

That's merely a small fraction of the bigger picture.
But you are an expert on this topic I presume?

>3dfags are one of the few types of people that the vidya industry -doesn't- grossly underpay relative to other work with equal qualifications
Ummm I think you might be in for a surprise. Modellers are basically considered minimum wage manual labor and don't even get hired permanently, character artists are a meme and there are basically no jobs for them at all, texture artists and animators are your average 3D grunts who get average pay, but you'll still be paid about 30% less then a programmer in your studio with the same amount of experience. Artists are always exploited because they have nowhere else to go. What will you do, go to movies and get fucked in the ass there? Good luck.

Yeah, you're right.

Nah what you need is some time blocks of a week or two and a purpose to make.
Do a Game Jam on a work holiday. That's always fun. I dusted off Game Maker and took part in one myself months ago.
It was one of the worst entries but I was quite proud of the progress I made in a weeks worth of effort. Especially since I was doing it all by myself too and I hadn't touched Game Maker prior for about 12 years.
Next time I get a week off I'll either work on that project some more or do another Game Jam.

>started at 36k but now I'm at 50
Yeah but how much do the programmers make? I bet it's at least 30% more than you. That being said, compared to 2D 3D is preferable.

Honestly I'd say millenials and zoomers have both been too clinically fucked to try and actually predict their mental behavior. Between throwing hyperactive kids on ritalin to shut them up, misdiagnosis and mistreatment by psychiatrists with stakes in pharma, and the teens popping stimulants and benzos for fun, the fields getting extremely muddled. That's not even taking into account the cultural shift to electronic instant gratification and exhibitionism.

Point is it's an illness that can't be cured with "hey just cheer up bro, haha like just try being unsad, it works for me!".

Attached: 1557573697270.png (728x668, 761K)

one day i'll reach that blue bar

Don't get me wrong, the vidya industry doesn't pay anyone involved in development well, but the pay for 3dfags in other areas like movies or television is fucking horrendous unless they turn it into a technical skill and learn some engineering design and/or autocad.

seething incel

can't get depressed if you're dead inside

Agreed.
I recommend this lecture:
youtube.com/watch?v=NOAgplgTxfc

>I can't related to people with depression so it must be their own fault

I bet you don't believe in alcoholism either, just use in moderation what's wrong with them!

I was about to jump from the 12 floor of an apartment building a few weeks ago

Attached: 1563127439247.jpg (750x684, 132K)

>post something factually wrong and inflammatory
>get a bunch of responses
>huh he must be right

kys

>oтчиcлeн
пpoигpaл

What game

>18 year old cat
Make every day for that cat a good one user. You treasure every moment with that moggie. Because if you fool yourself into thinking the cat has many good years left and you can skip some days to make up for it later, your heart is going to be ripped out once that cat's health rapidly deteriorates as old age catches up.
I sadly speak from experience. I had a cat that was 19 years old at the end. That last year came and went so fast.

>tfw don't feel depressed
>still hate myself, feel like a subhuman freak all the time

Attached: 002903-harpyfact-post.jpg (640x300, 25K)

Don't jump off buildings.
It's messy and unreliable.
Either shoot yourself with a big caliber gun in the side of your head or decapitate yourself on the railroad tracks.

"Depression" and "mental health" have become cult memes at this point. I'm not even sure what I'm supposed to agree with exactly, and my statements are never specifically rebutted - But when I say anything about these topics, I get a hoard of people after me telling me that the "scientists (the holy ones) have spoken", I'm wrong, I'm bad, and I need to conform to the modern standards.

Can't conform to it if I don't even know what it is, and none of you "mental health experts" know what it is either. That's why you never engage in a real conversation, just I'm wrong and bad, no reason given.

>leaving a mess for other people to clean up

don't be an asshole

no retard, depression is a physiological state, like a fever. part of it can be influenced by mental reasons (social life, outlook, etc) but it's also caused by the chemical balance in your body. And I don't mean like you just have a random disease that just happened like cancer, it's often caused by thing like malnutrition.

>not even reaching fully into green
Haha. Yeah.

Attached: 20190714_174035.jpg (750x684, 226K)

Nigga you have 1.5 things more on that list than me. I just have tea.

>being anti-science and relying on your gut feelings about something you literally don't know anything about

maybe just shut the fuck up instead, you don't need an opinion about everything

this is like a pre-schooler trying to understand how to do their taxes
what a retard

I'm not really feeling that dose, Doc; Anything else?

This. Start small. Make a plan, iron it out, and THEN start making.
Game Jam's are good because you can build around the theme. It doesn't have to be original or complicated. The Jam I entered last 80% of the entries were text-based adventure games, some with pictures, some not.

You literally sound 15

I'm past the point of caring.
If I was to kill myself it would be suicide by train.

>"It IS a real mental illness"
>proceeds to explain that feelings of depression are real only if they are the totally normal and expected result of some trauma
No, retard.

A person has a mental illness when that person's brain is not acting normally. All of your examples of "legitimate depression" are cases in which it would be normal to be depressed, i.e., in which the person being depressed would not indicate mental illness at all.

This is me, and I'm not depressed, yet.
t. 33 y.o virgin

Attached: 1563127439247.jpg (750x684, 79K)

So you can delay people's commute and force some poor bastard to scrape you off the ground?

There are plenty of reliable ways to off yourself without putting it on some stranger who probably has it off worse than you in the first place

>be me
>chronic chest pain every single day for 7 months
>doctors cant figure out whats wrong
>lots of testing and medication, nothing has worked
>spend every waking moment in pain
>video games and shitposting are a distraction
>STILL manage to remain hopefull and apreciate the people i have in my life that care about me
>still not nearly as depressed as the zoomers who are just too lazy to find motivation

Suck it up buttercup

that guy has too much hair

>someone who loves you
>is a horsefaced fuckup who doesn't lift
jesus christ i'd rather be depressed

Maybe someone gets fired because they are late for work because of my suicide.
That would be hilarious to me.

>Claims to understand real depression
>Totally and completely fails to understand depression

I know this is bait, but in case anyone reads this an unironically agrees with it: Depression isn't some disease you catch from having a shitty life. That's called trauma. And trauma is relative. Some sheltered twit is going to experience trauma from things that wouldn't phase others.

Depression on the other hand can happen completely without trauma. It can happen to people who have everything else right going on in their lives.

Sorry but I don't get chest pains so I really don't believe you get them, have you tried not having chest pains instead?

you should kill yourself, you obviously have nothing to offer anyone

135th post best post

oh I could be depressed if i wanted to, and its really hard to stay happy, the key is to focus on the good things in your life instead of the negative. Every day is a struggle to not sink into the pit of despair but I can still do it.

If you can't that's a you problem.

Based, user.
People love to put diagnoses on themselves these days to play victim so other people will notice them.

replace the tea and cookies with a gun and bottle of whiskey

Absolutely DEMOLISHED

Don't worry, I will.
And I will make sure to ruin some peoples day while doing it.

>depression is a choice

>lmao i'm so depressed/socially awkward/quirky just look at these comics validating this concept!
>real depressed fucks go and kill themselves because what has troubled them their whole life has now become a quirky personality trait for teenagers and 20somethings
>"WHY DOESN'T ANYONE TAKE MENTAL HEALTH SERIOUSLY, DIDN'T THE WEBCOMIC OF A CARTOON CHARACTER SAYING 'YOU'RE VALID' TEACH US ANYTHING??"

Attached: pull the trigger.jpg (600x338, 25K)

fucking stupid teenager, wtf you want a cake for being the edgiest of the edgy people?

>nobody is smiling in the picture

Attached: blind.png (39x39, 5K)

except he wasnt read
Focus on the good things in your life. Stop focusing on the negative. Go for walks outside, eat healthy, excercise, spend less time in the dark in your room playing video games

>drawing
Unless you're talking about furfags on patreon artist make next to nothing for their art. Know plenty of "professional" artist who work multiple dead end jobs just to barely make ends meet, drawing not being one of them.

>except I-I mean he wasn't!

Attached: laugh-smile2.jpg (320x315, 27K)

this thread reeks of adolescence

>I can't relate to something therefor it's a lie

>Focus on the good things in your life. Stop focusing on the negative. Go for walks outside, eat healthy, excercise, spend less time in the dark in your room playing video games
Not him, but what if playing video games is the only thing i genuinely like in this world? Last month i spent a week outside to visit my vidya friends on the other side of the country, i had fun, yeah, but it just didn't feel right, like i didn't belong there, can't do anything about that, i've tried sports and other entertainment in the past, but vidya is superior in literally every way possible. Oh, and i exercise too, i just can't be bothered by that normalfaggot shit you guys claim can magically cure depression.

stop setting your standards so high
learn how to program a simple game in GameMaker or Unity and pick up pixel art
your game doesn't have to look great and your first game is going to be shit anyway. if you dedicate literally a half an hour a day you can start making your own simple game in a month. there are so many free resources to learn pixel art or game making it's ridiculous.

Being in a long-term relationship has hurt me more than my tfwnogf days.
Relationships can get messy over time if you or the other person don't know how to handle long-term commitment.

Attached: 1559350439814.png (687x849, 685K)

go for walks. dont focus on anyone else, just walk around the block, neighborhood and enjoy the nature. dont bring your phone or interact with anyone.

>tfw you don't even have the tea and cookies
well, at least i have vydia

Attached: 000056556.jpg (1200x675, 62K)

>GF
>2019
Nigga im not worldwide-famous billionare fitness-model.

>Feeling like you don't belong anywhere
I've had this all my life and I fucking hate it.

Not him, but I do that every week. I go to the nearby woods/countryside and just enjoy the place for about four hours or so on saturdays. It's turned into something I look forward to but it hasn't helped in any other way.

Is he okay?

Attached: 1555713928973.jpg (504x376, 129K)

>durr go for walks

this is literally what everyone without depression says, fuck off

I have all of those things and more and am happy as fuck. I get anxious but never really depressed.

Modern relationships sound terrible imo. People these days are so selfish and unpleasant to each other I don't know why anyone tries.
It also makes me wonder why the people in these shitty toxic relationships try and make the single people feel bad about their status, I guess misery enjoys company?

This is actually the truth. Fuck the dating game in 2019.

I enjoyed walking around town at 4 AM after I dropped out of highschool like back in 2011
Until I got mugged at knifepoint for my 10$ 128MB chinese MP3 player. I didn't even have a cellphone back then.

How many wizard powers do you have?

i was pretty depressed until i started doing it. it works, and you won't do it because you dont want to get better. You want to sit here and complain and try avoid responsibility for your own mental health. This is your life user, stop sitting around and figure out what you need to do in order to be happy.

Fireball and cone of ice right now

Not for now cause you still think you can get away, subconsciously or not, but sooner or later when you become apathetic and completely unwilling and when each day will become a blur of a blur you will be. Cause if you don't, then I don't know what the fuck is wrong with you

>Town
There's your problem. Doing that in a rural area would have been fine, but cities attract the worst people so you were almost asking for that to happen.

lmaoing at everyone calling this "weak bait" when it has 20 billion replies. Reminder that responding to bait calling it bait is still falling for bait.

>cone of ice
Patrician choice

>side of your head
don't do this put it in your mouth and aim where your head meets your neck. don't do that either though it will just give people more statistics to try to ban guns.

If going for walks cured your depression you don't have depression

GF seems to be happy.

you're right, i dont, because I feel 100x better since leaving my room and going out in the world to get fresh air and enjoy nature.

FUCKING BASED.

I try and help some of you assholes on here by saying much the same things. But so many of you are just lazy faggots who seem to WANT to be hopeless and depressed to justify your apathy, lethargy, and addictions to pornography and video games. Stop being lazy assholes and maybe you'll feel better about yourself.

>tfw don't have a gf
Who would ever want to be with a whiny faggot who never tries to improve themselves?

Attached: 1562652813233.png (952x717, 186K)

>friendships often don't last
>girlfriend will probably cheat on you and dump you
>diploma is probably worthless in a field that is oversaturated
>your pet will die soon
but atleast you still have tea and cookies :^)

based

I have a job, go for walks with my dog 2x a day, lift 3-4 times a week, and I still have depression

You literally don't know what you're fucking talking about so fuck off and stop pretending you do

The tea and cookies are also cursed.

this post reeks of boomerism
>lol dude if it doesn't meet these arbitrary criteria I just made up then it means it's not real lol xD
fuck off really

the fact you keep getting more and more angry tells everyone here that you are upset because you know i'm right. Larping about your life won't change the fact that you could get out of this pit if you wanted to

>but atleast you still have tea and cookies :^)
>You already consumed them
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Attached: 1555541237853.jpg (970x545, 64K)

>bro how can you have a chemical imbalance when you have nice things?
this is what normies think, user, they're retarded about depression cause they have never experienced it

I only have tea.

rest?

So when trannies have a "chemical imbalance" and want to mutilate themselves you laugh and tell them to suck it up and that it isn't real, but when your excuses for being lazy and not appreciating life are because of "chemical imbalance" suddenly that's real and serious?

LMAO

What if I'm one of the lucky buggers whose parents didn't want him so the state raised him?

of course user, now you understand. these people are quite literally tranny tier. half of them will probably transition

your response is to say I'm lying? Seriously?

Sorry you aren't really depressed and that your advice is shit, wow

thanks for the redpill, pops

yes they are both mental illnesses. what's the problem with that assertion?

Attached: lies.jpg (600x450, 60K)

what's wrong with locking yourself in a room with a burning fire and closing all the windows

The entire
> you gotta go to college thing
Is a giant meme. College education is free in my country so I went there, got a CS degree, found an entry level job with absolutely shit hours (48 hours per week) and take home mediocre pay. Acquaintances that got into things like welding and metalworking make roughly the same money I do, working less hours and with more flexible schedules. Sometimes they literally call in sick because they're too hangover to go and they don't get pay deducted or work overtime to make up for it.

Attached: 1527739685254.png (349x491, 203K)

Unless you work 7 days a week, you have time. If you truly aspire to make a video game. You can spend a sunday morning making incremental progress. You don't need to be a one-man crew from the beginning.

I wish mental illness was as visible as physical illness. Maybe it would make it less of a taboo subject.

>have you tried NOT being depressed

further confirmation that you don't know what you're talking about, why do you feel the need to talk about things that you have non authority talking about?

I unironically believe this, and live like this, and I am loving my life. Fuck you fags

Attached: 1559695689940.gif (734x1100, 237K)

>t. butthurt zoomer who would rather sit on his ass all day crying like a girl instead of taking his mental health into his own hands, figuring out what he needs to do to be happy, and then doing it

Keep crying nigga

What would be my motivation for lying?

Maybe instead just realize that you weren't really depressed, how horrible for you

>taking the bait
>doctor has not been thanked
thanks doc you fucking goddamn newfags

As someone who struggled with depression for seven years and is now pretty much cured, you're actually right.
I know it sounds corny to say "just put in some effort bro" but that really is what it takes, the cure to depression is not a magic pill or getting laid, it's doing therapy with a qualified psychologist and psychiatrist, taking your medication and letting it help you get to the point where you can actually stand up for yourself and put in an effort to move forward.
Nobody became a millionaire from lamenting and wallowing in self pity, nobody got over their depression by just sinking into it and becoming complacent in the little niche you make for yourself.
Depression's biggest enemy is change, when you start doing things and going anywhere you are beating depression.

As Joshua Graham said, "We can't expect God to do all the work".

Attached: 1496714382492.jpg (1024x576, 78K)

>What would be my motivation for lying?
Because its a lot easier to lie to yourself and everyone else than to admit you are simply too weak to pull yourself out of the hole you have gotten yourself into and dont have the motivation or willpower to find what you need to be happy.

If it was a chemical imbalence you would already be on an SSRI and happy. If it was trauma related you would be going to therapy for it. My guess is that its neither.

Treating people with depression is pointless until they attempt suicide, and not in some pussy ass way.

At it's a lot easier for you to say I'm lying that I go for walks with my dog and exercise regularly and yet still have depression than to admit that your advice of "just go for a walk" is ignorant

The fact that you think depression is about willpower tells me everything I need to know

there's different kinds of depression, including ones that are caused by literal chemical issues in your brain, fuck nuts. read something sometime for fucks sake.

good post.
I have a similar story to yours but I didn't want to write a wall of text blog post.
Therapy and medication helps 30% but the rest of the 70% is you sucking it up and making an effort.

People use "you can't just turn depression off and 'be happy' you insensitive asshole" as an excuse to literally not even make the tiniest step in making any sort of attempt to improve their condition and break from the cycle.

the only one hurt by your attitude is you user. no one else.

go see a fucking therapist and stop crying on Yea Forums as if that will ever make you feel better. take the steps you need to get better. Man the fuck up and take responsibility for your own mental health

I was working at a call center and had the dosh but it fucking sucked the life out of me, so I resigned
Now I'm just looking for an easier job that pays less but wont drain me emotionally
btw there is time, you just suck shit at handling it.

Why don't they just come up with different terms? One to define people with chemically unstable brains and others to define people who have unironically shitty lives?

Retard, depression can come from many sources, but the cure is always to take action to get out of the pit.
If you have a chemical imbalance you take medication, if you have trauma you do therapy, if you have a bit of both you do both, and if you're just a pussy ass faggot 17 year old having an existential crisis you get over it.
Sink or swim, our ancestors didn't have time to be depressed, they would have starved to death, been eaten by a beast or killed by another man.

Absolutely, I'm still on the medication to keep me stable, but god fucking damn I feel so much better now. I feel alive. It took me five years of therapy every week, trying five different SSRIs and two antipsychotic medications, but now I can say I am cured and I'm a better person for it.
And I refuse to coddle people who are depressed into sinking deeper into it. Depression is not something you can pity yourself out of.

I've been in therapy for nearly 2 decades, I've been on pretty much every anti-depressant you could possibly name, I work out, I have a pet, I vary my hobbies, I have a job, and yet I am still depressed

Not everything that works for some people forks for others, you are an ignorant little shit and that's all it is.

So what do you expect from us, pity? You're chronically depressed, you'll have to live with it. Just like someone with a heart condition will have to live with it.
There is still time to find purpose, or you can just call it quits.

Go fuck yourself underage.

I don't have any real life friends, I never graduated school, I argue with my mom often, and my pet is dead.
Fuck you. Also tea sucks.

Attached: angry book.png (195x216, 17K)

No, I literally called you out on bad advice and you started raging at me and calling me a liar. I never once posted on here looking for pity, or threatening to kill myself, and I never said I haven't come to terms with the fact that I'll probably be depressed for the rest of my life because I have, a long time ago.

You need to chill the fuck out

I think you got the wrong person, this post was my first reply to you or anyone else in the thread.

it's at least better than coffee

Attached: 1553260043129.jpg (480x480, 45K)

People aren't getting eaten to death these days my guy. Also wow it's almost like clinical depression prevents you from becoming motivated to take action on things gee whiz it's almost like it's circular!

>t. raging pathological liar

You went from depresion to a survivalist conplex nigger.

So you decide to not read the thread and just jump in blindly swinging

Making video games alone takes a tremendous amount of talent. More than any other art form because you need to be proficient not only in visual arts and computer programming, but also in music composition/recording/mixing, writing, storytelling, as well as having some notions in design to make your game fun and/or interesting. And most importantly, you need unbreakable resolve and a load of time to achieve anything consequent and not give up after two weeks of work.

I am absolutely not trying to shoot you down OP, If you have crazy dreams, go for it!

I too have been wanting to create games for almost 10 years of my life, but I sorta gave up when I realised that my inability to draw/code was gonna be a problem, and that my bad social skills would make team work too difficult.
So instead, I focused on where my natural ability lied, which in my case is making and recording music. Now I make one song every week for a year as part of a personal challenge, and I've never been happier in my life (even though the work load can be really heavy at times).

If you still wanna do games, I suggest checking out RPG Maker. It's rudimentary but I've seen people do some seriously great stuff with it (Yume Nikki, Off, Oneshot, Lisa, ...). That way you don't have to deal with any sort of complex coding. All you have to worry about is providing good art and an interesting premise/story.
Best of luck OP. I believe in you!

Attached: 1543728423318.jpg (2310x1781, 1.48M)

You won't be eaten by a beast literally, but you will figuratively be eaten alive by the real world. Who is going to pay the bills, put food on the table, and so on? Being depressed should not be an excuse to be depressed further. If you don't take action, you won't ever get over it.

No, I have read the thread. Self pity solves nothing.

based

(((depression))) is a scam neets come up with to excuse being losers

No need to

>Never went to college, working at a job that pays well but I don't enjoy
>No gf
>Rarely see friends since most of them moved away
>oh boy, an addiction to caffeine and junkfood
>Have a pet cat that mostly gives me anxiety and requires me to take care of

thanks gamer

Attached: 1436919538180.jpg (405x263, 32K)

Except we weren't talking about self pity, we were talking about shitty advice to give to people with depression

Figures a tranny wouldn't understand how two completely different things are completely different. Honk Honk.

shut the fuck up old faggot

Telling people that it's ok to not take action if they're depressed because they're depressed is terrible advice.

I just work on my games at work. I build websites and the stuff they want is always super easy if you know what you're doing. I'll still never finish one though because I'm too ADD.

hold on bro let me just become a billionaire so i can fucking afford a proper psychiatrist in this country

Another thing that was never said, why are you even here

How do you even become motivated if you don't have dreams and ambitions? Should there be some public drill sergeants going around?

>Amercians

Man, I really pity ameriburgers. Imagine not having any sort of healthcare. Appalling.

To tell you to man up, pussy.

>Should there be some public drill sergeants going around?

Y'know, there probably should.

take your desperate need for attention elsewhere

Mandatory military service would be a godesend for all these aimless teenagers.

There's not a single person here who is mentally well.

>just become european bro

Attached: 1542404966331.gif (394x383, 15K)

Getting disciplined is more important than getting motivated.
You can get ""motivated"" by seeing some inspirational movie or picture with a caption. It'll last all of five seconds and then you're back to your old self.
Discipline is continuous. It's going to the gym regularly, keeping healthy habits, making an effort even when every part of you wants you to put if off and let go.

>I'm working on getting an Aspergers diagnosis

Attached: 01. Noir [BD 1080p Hi10P 5.1 AAC dual-audio][kuchikirukia].mkv_snapshot_02.17_[2019.07.10_00.52.05]. (1920x1080, 2.45M)

you sound qt, maybe you can be the someone that loves me

Attached: 1559186390852.webm (480x480, 1.14M)

>dying for israel... *sip* now THAT'LL build character

Attached: boomers in charge of rules 1&2.png (998x740, 906K)

What kind of faggot eats cookies with tea?

No deployment needed, just going through six months of basic with drill sergeants beating the faggot out of you would be enough to cure 90% of "depressed" teenagers.

suffocation is a painful way to die.

I've been arrested and put into holding for a night because some jackass said I was going to shoot up people and kill myself when I just said I would kill myself if I don't pass an important exam I was studying for. I've been diagnosed with depression and I've been improving myself since, you're full of shit.

>tea and cookies isn't changed to literal poison designed to get you addicted to said poison

Saying something doesn't exist because you have't experienced it is literally infantile

Attached: Untitled.png (750x684, 701K)

gorilla warfare

its working for koreans

the young guys seem to be working towards something because they've spent almost 2 years doing shit they dont want to, and no one is allowed to skip out on it. if they do, they probably left the country and that usually means they're doing something with their life that matters.

kek

I have everything in this picture

Im not depressed but I do feel pressure. I get stressed out by it

Neon Genesis Evangelion debunks this as it is an adaptation of Anno's depression despite lacking extreme condition as described by this post
Weak bait faggot

Attached: annosleep.png (640x482, 318K)

Based

Look at all the WHY ME incels you triggered

Isn’t this what everyone says about their religion?

>pet who is happy to see you
>tea
that'sit4meguys

Buck up, buckaroo. It's time for you to pull yourself up from your bootstraps and take life for what it gives you. Take this life head on and do your best.

Good habits are very important. A little trick I learned is to make sure you have no "zero percent" days. Always write one line of code, or draw one line of art. Do it every day, it just has to be more than nothing.

Thank you user, for saving this thread

>depression is triggered by experiences and has nothing to do with brain chemistry

Is there science supporting religious beliefs now?

>tfw see my brother and his gf basically go to war over the stupidest little shit
It's why I avoid relationships. They just seem to make people miserable in the long run.
I just think, ultimately, I'm better off alone. and I try to avoid people. I'm just too aloof and laid back for a girl to tolerate in the long-run. They would expect more from me or for me to change for them and I just wouldn't.
I'm the kind of guy who could disappear from his friends for months on end because he's working on his own projects, or leaves the dishwasher half done for hours on end because something more interesting or important has to be done.
I'm not the ambitious type. I have a degree in Business Management but I don't think I'd survive in a career-style role. I've always thought these things are important:
>family
>time to yourself to do stuff for fun/learning
>work to live, not live to work
>don't be an asshole and get in people's faces over dumb shit

This is true.

>anime is real life
Nigga you are actually retarded

Science was created by god fearing men.

You can tell that the moron who made that image has absolutely no idea what depression is

And frequently got them excommunicated

I'm pretty sure the modern society is the biggest cause for mental illness. Humans just weren't meant to live like this.

Nonetheless.

>he thinks experiences don't affect brain chemistry

Im trying, boomer senpai. Trying to abandon childish things for what i gotta do. One day i will hope to be a real boomer like you.

>he thinks nurture over nature

bros...

is user saying that.....

that we live.....

in a........

I agree, we've become far too civilized and have become softened beyond the point turning back, and the average person has no outlet for certain natural urges inside of them outside of criminal activity

I love this saying since pulling yourself up from your bootstraps is literally impossible.

Get a John Deere before you regret it.

Attached: file.png (1280x720, 1.54M)

>he thinks either or

I only said depression isn't a disease you catch from shitty life. Whether you have gender dysphoria, or depression, those feelings need to be overcome and worked around (which is way easier said than done). And I would say to a depressed person as quickly as I would to a trans person: trying to control others because you can't control yourself is not a productive way of dealing with your issues. This just seems to have special significance for trans people because part of their illness involves insisting on certain behavior from others.

That's a defeatist attitude you got there.

If you're happy then all the power to you, but life is all about growth and having people in your life to make you want to strive to be better and to want more from life like your family, friends, or a girlfriend/boyfriend is a fundamental part of human development.
If a relationship is making the people in it miserable then clearly they didn't belong together and are staying together for other reasons. I wouldn't use it or relationships like it as an excuse not to pursue one.

So you agree that you can be born with depression, got em's

Have nothing? hitchhike across the world. You're free.

Attached: Hitchhiking-in-Canada.jpg (800x596, 98K)

She was a stray that moved into our house after we got her fixed, she probably wouldn't have made it past 5 if we never took her in.

haha I only have the friends part

>has friends

Too much discipline is actually poisonous though. I'm my workplace a lot of good people have moved onto other departments and jobs or just flat out retired when they didn't really want to because the company has gone full-on 1984 Orwell style dictatorship, and expect double standards of you.
For instance. They tried to punish me for needing to take unpaid leave to look after my disabled brother. I gave them a whole month's notice and even offered to make up the time back. Not only did they reject my offer because it was inconvenient for them because it was Ramadan, they also blamed me for not trying to get someone to organize cover, then I pointed out that I don't actually know my colleagues anymore because all the ones I've worked with in the past ten years I've worked there have all gone now and we are unable to interact socially with any of the new colleagues because social interaction in the workplace is now actively discouraged because customers are actively encouraged to complain about it, about any kind of talking between colleagues and not 100% focus on them at all times.
Because any complaint is dealt with seriously no matter how daft it is and as a colleague you are punished with a disciplinary even if it's not actually your fault. I then pointed out the flaws in their holiday booking system and they actually couldn't punish me due to conflicting technicalities.
But that's sadly only a minor victory on my part. The store gets increasingly worse. Spying on colleagues clock-in data to see if they are late back from breaks even though you can be delayed up to 10 minutes to get back on a till from a long shop taking that long to change over. Finger print scanners. More security cameras to spy on employees. More staff searches. Even more mindless paperwork over every single little thing.
All for a fucking job that pays peanuts. It's absurd. All I guy wants to do is put his head down and grind for his gil.

yeah. Thats like the one thing keeping me from ending it all. I'm 22 and never as much as kissed a girl. I'm genetic trash, fat, smelly and socialy retarded to boot.

the solution is, as always, firebombing

>fat
so you actively enjoy having your thighs rub against each other till it burns? that's dumb and gross

Nah man that shit sucks major ass. I just don't have the energy to go to the gym after a work day.

Effort =/= Luck

stop eating
lose weight

I don't even eat alot or shitty.
It's just my addiction to soda

Consistent failure to attain goals throughout life results in defeatism, low self-esteem or depression. In order to avoid serious psychological problems, a human being needs goals whose attainment requires effort, and he/she must have a reasonable rate of success in attaining his/her goals.

Attached: monika_by_beadraven-dcdwylt.png (752x1063, 210K)

every time you go to grab a soda, have your conscience literally scream "WATER, WATER, WATER"

even try drinking something like this

Attached: file.png (600x600, 191K)

I dont care if this is pasta, its based for getting under the skin of pussified faggots who never struggled for anything and claim to have depression.

If you sit inside and play games all day while ignoring the copious amounts of opportunity and seratonin outside while eating junk I dont feel sorry for you.

Attached: 65174980_10156652418167449_5245794659296346112_n.jpg (750x926, 85K)

Reminder for depressed fellows.
Read more /pol/ so you will not want to kill yourself just to spite the jews.

>copious amounts of opportunity and seratonin outside
you mean peoples stares and ridicule

>tfw I have none of those

>actor who has literally has a high 8-digit bank account who can buy people to pretend to be his friend and have support from his family who wants every bit of the dosh he has

Excuses

Jim Carrey is not wrong but when you are too far gone you won't be able to do all those things without outside help anymore.

please, tell me there's a full video of this.

exercise is funny in that when you spend energy, you end up with more energy in the long run

Ooph, yeah, well do you like coffee? If not try to, you'll get the caffeine addiction still rolling without the calories (if you drink it black)

Soda is unironically the worst thing you can consume

It's hard not to be defeatist when your mother, the women that's been like a best friend to you all your life, who you actually enjoyed hanging out with, decided to cheat on your dad after 30+ years of marriage with a fucked up bipolar suicidal 21 year old skank over half her age and then move in with her.
That fucks you up user. I had issues trusting people before and I had a mild phobia of women and the idea of being outwardly sexual. Now I just can't. Every women I talk to I just think "what if she ends up like my mother and betrays me eventually like she did to my dad?" and that kills all the like I ever accidentally had for her.
Saddest thing. My Dad tries to get her to see sense and come back home. And she won't because now she's worried that creature's going to try to kill herself.
(If only she did. She deserves to die. Emotionally manipulative little cunt that traps people. I don't blame my mother entirely. What she's done Is abhorrent. But she's sheltered, naïve, and was abused as a child, and has a gambling problem that almost ruined us before and that's flared back up, and she gets suckered in to help people far too easily. She probably fell for the sob story more than anything and desperately wanted excitement in her life. My mother's messed up in the head to the point that she could actually be diagnosed with a full-on mental illness but she'd just deny everything to a doctor. She's easily manipulated by people around her. Like she's into football now because her colleagues at work are into it and it's like she has to blend into groups)
It's all fucked up man.

>If you put effort into things they will naturally happen

Attached: just be yourself bro.png (1358x1428, 124K)

Based and waterpilled

No matter how successful I am (home owner, married, family, friends, job that I "like"), I think every single day about killing myself.
I don't think that's depression, but I don't know what it is.

Same here purplebro

>i found a failure so give up
only way you can win is try. Do you faggots hate gambling? There's excitement in taking a risk. Playing it save is boring as fuck.

Attached: 1558338558324.gif (400x437, 754K)

Human brain can be pretty fucked up. Just remember that even people like Robin Williams have killed themselves for seemingly no reason.

Anime or not, it still expresses the feeling, thoughts and sometimes the mental state of the director due to his 4 year depression. The entire plot goes off course due to this and the ending was rushed so they could make a more proper ending movie later on

Attached: anno.jpg (624x480, 37K)

Nihilism?

Im in the first group fuck yeah.

Attached: 1557621118853.png (437x735, 369K)

Defeatism.

Attached: monika___learning_code___doki_doki_literature_club_by_mononoke_dev-dc7mnpn.png (1024x763, 649K)

god I fucking love monika

They're both a mental illness and trannies should be helped and cured instead of encouraged in their delusions until they an hero like it is now.

Attached: 1548476184854.jpg (487x466, 49K)

You think everyone has chemical imbalance?
This shit is at least 50% meme victims following it same way scientology victims follow their flavor of bullshit.

Attached: you're_not_depressed.png (748x684, 717K)

Living out of spite is good advice, but it doesn't have to be /pol/ or (((jews))).

Jumping off buildings is reliable, fun and an fuck you to society

Attached: 231.jpg (500x500, 21K)

Now THIS is accurate, I wish a death squad put me down

Forum trannies and sadboys BTFO, just play the highly acclaimed ""game"" "depression quest", the reason it's ridiculous is precisely because it's written by some roastie in the second group, just as described.

>literally stop functioning and turn into an embarrassment of a manchild, crying and literally having a tempertantrum
>have ADHD and most likely autism
>can't get help because town has too little resources to assist a case like me
>have trouble saving money to leave and go somewhere else
>if i let someone else make my decisions for me i feel like i'm in prison but if I don't i literally do nothing
>people don't want me to kill myself, so i will wait until they are gone or forget about me until i do
ayy lmao

Attached: truth.jpg (1072x1570, 775K)

Excuse me but i disagree with you because coffe is way better than tea. Tea is literally for faggots.

You can't win if you don't play, but the user in that pic clearly doesn't know the meta-game. Gambling isn't pure chance. A good poker player knows some hands are easier to fill than others depending on the cards dealt and plays appropriately.

You have to put effort into things but you also need a fucking clue what you're doing or you're just going to make a mess.

Attached: homer-bbq5.jpg (450x339, 131K)

>stroll back into thread after some time
>i'm still the only one who gave thanks for his daily dose
what the fuck is wrong with you newfags holy shit

Attached: wasntthatsmart.png (265x348, 115K)

>You think everyone has chemical imbalance?
not him but yes, in general
the body is a chemical machine that was built like 10000 years ago in a completely different environment, then we just change everything in like 100 years

imbalances were bound to crop up, and they are (diabetes, obesity, inactivity, exogenous hormones, weird diets, microplastics, preservatives, sterility, big pharma literally raping everything, antibiotic resistance, etc)

What a god, destroys a whole board and doesn't afraid of anything

Attached: 1282785958566.jpg (373x355, 30K)

The color scheme is too subtle I guess, I doubt it was intentional

she puts the feet in defeat

Who /dissociative/ here?

Am I actually here?

AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
AAAAAAAAAAA
UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH

Attached: IMG_4103.jpg (4750x4750, 3.83M)

>Out in the sun for all day for a month
>Get massive headaches
>Everything else stays the same
Great advice.

>Imagine not having any sort of healthcare. Appalling.
pay my healthcare

Unfortunately no one will teach you the meta, everyone expects that you will naturally learn up to certain age, if you don't, good luck, because no one is willing to teaching you about it.

So many depressed losers in this thread.
So many excuses to justify why they're starving in the Garden of Eden.

Attached: 1561417550879.jpg (1000x1000, 803K)

Unless he was born rich I cant really give you that. A lot of people are laymen before they strike it big.

based and bladerunnered

Attached: Untitled.png (749x684, 749K)

92 iq analogy

Most retarded game design to not let us fuck Monika from the beginning.

This was drawn by someone who has no idea what depression is or actually feels like.

this "depressed" people are just pure victim complex, they need to be ignored and not have there delusions recognized.

based and icepilled

By per DSM definition of depression, it's only a clinical mental illness when it starts to damage your daily life and productivity, and it isn't explained by another physical disease.

keke

this, race is real

based

True but at the same time you are entirely in control of how you respond to a situation. Everyone has different ways to cope, some worse than others.

Im speaking from the shoes of someone who has had depression and anxiety for 12 years and sought therapy for it and made a network of familiars on my own when I had no friends.

You can chalk it up to invisible privilege all day all you want. Not everyone is as driven to better themselves. If someone doesnt make the attempt to drive their ambitions I cant give them that kinda credit.

Ok. I know my fair share of psychiatry. Lay it on me: Why do you think mental disorders aren't real? What are your arguments?

I can do all of those things and I still can't make games. Just don't.

How did you get through school with this mindset, retard?

What the fuck??

Attached: 1551877711501.png (1200x1029, 800K)

Holy, a real, true loser. I can't believe i'm seeing one revealing himself so fragrantly. Dude, that girl is genuinely trying to help. The social points might be a bonus, but when i used to do it, i was doing my best to help the autist in the back not to ruin the memories of his school days forever. Imagine rejecting the helping hand because you're so full of yourself you make yourself and others miserable!

Attached: 1470052811566-1.jpg (900x1910, 891K)

>How did you get through school while critical thinking?

>What the fuck?

Your brain chemistry is malleable.

Your access to sunlight allows you to metabolize seratonin which is the happiness chemical. Your activity level and diet also affect how happy you are. Your ability to form relationships will largely impact how happy you are. These things dont come for free, they all require some effort.

and in a sick person, it doesn't work as intended. fucking weird how there's like... layers to this. depression confirmed for ogrerated.

>critical thinking as a fucking child who knows nothing
>has to be taught by 'teachers'
>they just say stuff to you and you accept it as truth
obviously not all things they say are just accepted, as math you can actually do, but who says the numbers are real?

Thats a matter of mindset.

And to think that all you have to do is go out and attack minorit... Sorry, i meant go cheer for your favorite team with a group of friends.
Seriously tho, it helps a lot and i hate sports.

don't reply to me again schizo

Don't say scientists are wrong because you're retarded, they're funded by organizations and governments. Just like the shitposters in this thread.

>what is peer review
>what is revisions
>what is human knowledge over time
are you retarded, or are you just being intentionally dense? the whole point is to not take anything at faith at all

why is he good friends with a toddler?

>assuming i'm the exact same user as this entire reply chain
schizo, try using your critical thinking skills

>not take anything in faith at all
>except my own point of view
okay

>who says the numbers are real?
>*unzips dick*
time to put my 1 in your 0

ah so dense then. you know you are free to at any point go and collect your own data and use it to confirm or revise previously accepted conclusions, yes? spouting inane crap and attacking character on the other hand does nothing.

>insults scientists who peer review
>just peer review bro
i just shat on that one guy for down talking scientists like they know nothing

Attached: 1554871323976.png (540x463, 88K)

>have wife
>about to graduate in 1 Month
>have dog that loves me
>ate brownies all week my wife made
>talk to my friends everyday
Even with all of that I can get depressed at times. If I got fired from work I will easily get depressed. Depression can happen to anyone. And anyone is able to get out of it if you aren't a moron.

But there exist actual depression caused by chemical unbalance.

But here is something interesting
>there isn't any depression medication that is proven to work
>lots of medications have actually made it worse
>studies done with placebo has shown placebos to benefit people better multiple times
>these medications are again proven to not work AND they fuck up your body
Don't take them.

>Seratonin a happiness hormonr
This is quite a reductionist way of looking at it. Seratonin does a whole bunch of other things like managing sleep and apetite. Depressed people do not lack Seratonin, but rather some receptors in their brain are resistant to it, much like how obese peple are residtsnt to insulin.

Those things didnt just "magically appear". They have always existed but we never knew about them. Plague doctors thought the plague was caused by a inbalance of "humors" in the body. Also hundreds of years ago infant mortality was over half born kids and people mostly lived to the age of 30. A 110 year old lady on a Smuckers commercial was unheard of.

I don't have any friends.
I've achieved none of my goals.
No one who loves me.
No tea or fucking cookies.
I've never owned any fucking pets either.
How the fuck am I distracted?

Attached: 1399727185754.gif (255x164, 939K)

my friends left me when i was 12 and i've been a nervous wreck ever since
i can't get over it man, i used to be such a joyful kid

Based, keep schooling the losers please, they need it, especially here

Mind disease is real, but it's the epitome of psychosomatic. Meaning it's self-induced almost every time. In other cases it's brought by a poor diet (neurotransmitters are made by gut bacteria in very large amounts). Again, mostly self-inflicted.
Fuck off from stressful environment, go out every day, eat real food, be nice to people around you. It solves so many of these problems to make psychology equivalent to quackery. I solved my mom's bipolar this way after her antidepressants stopped working. Turns out sleeping poorly and eating shit because you're unhappy in your marriage and hate your house are bad for your mental health. Solution: get the fuck out.

>don't believe everything blindly
>trust peer review
you realize half the time it's a group circlejerking itself? Peer review is mostly useless outside of rigid math. There are fake publishers even you can pay to let you pass their review.

I hate this pic. It never addresses if he wanted any of that at all, maybe he wanted a giant robot or to be a biker. This just goes "You are a terrible person for not liking the things we tell you to like."

Attached: 1504791717066.jpg (1000x1000, 198K)

holy fucking based

Have 4 out of 5 things in the pic and still feel like a sack of shit, even though I acknowledge I have everything I need to be happy. That pic really hit the feels tbqhwyfamalam

This. You can absolutely work on the things that will increase your seratonin, but a clinically depressed person will still sometimes get fucked even when they do everything right. That's why medication and therapy are important. Medication to help rebalance those chemicals and therapy to help deal with those shitty thoughts when they come up.

With that said, a lot of people use their legitimate mental illness to excuse unrelated shitty and selfish behavior.

>depression = sadness

You don't understand anything.

Attached: 1496957588391.png (640x480, 300K)

yes that's why you're supposed to fucking read it yourself and use multiple studies to draw conclusions you illiterate

You are a grown adult faggot. Take charge of your life you fucking moron. It pisses me off with people bringing up shit when a child for why they suck as an adult.

My wife tells me she has no idea how I came out so good coming from such a fucked up family. I'm a grown adult and I dont blame shit when I was little in why I am a shit person. I am able to push my life in any direction I want. If course if you are a 70 IQ BRAINLET you are fucked anyway.

You gotta use your brain more. If they can push out one fake study they can push out 20 papers to market their shit convincingly. This is exactly what's happening for health products for example.

best you can do is look if you can find no opposition and check overlap in authors. The amount is useless by itself.

who /avoidant/ here
probably not me, its all self diagnosis because i don't want to see a shrink
its just an excuse so i can avoid self improvement and stop being a freak for once

Attached: 1561644688492.jpg (1280x853, 602K)

>"Look am ME I had such a hard life and in married
Fuck off to reddit if you wanna blog about your cuck life, faggot.
I bet you're raising your wife's son to have a good life like a good little cuck, huh?
Fuck outta here.

>how to draw

Wrong. Graphics designers absolutely flock in droves to projects to work on, assuming the project actually has something to it and isn't just a glorified idea.

>need to learn programming

Mostly wrong. Look at Undertale. There is very little actual programming involved in that. The stuff that is "programming" are some basic math and functions you could learn and implement in a week at worst.

Or look at Minecraft. Notch is a notoriously shit coder and yet he just put idea to computer and it worked out.

Just start. That's the literal hardest part about any of this.

Depression isn't just one thing. Could be related to your past, something not dealt with, chemical imbalance etc.

Mine was because I couldn't accept that the world wasn't how I wanted it to be, I grew up sheltered, I was a stupid naive child, when the world slapped me across the face with reality I couldn't handle it, took me a long time to get out off it.

I'm not a 100%, but I'm getting there, still have no fucking idea what to do with my life but at least I'm not dragging my ass through the floor.

The difference between a regular person and one who is clinically depressed is that a psych or therapist is treating the latter. That doesnt imply one person has a genetic predisposition for mental illness.

i took charge, i'm the top of my class, i go to the gym several times per week, i eat well, but whatever i do i feel kinda shit and i'm unable to feel confident or socially comptetent, i'm very lonely and painfully shy, whereas when i was a kid i was the complete opposite

also try being less agressive over nothing please, i did nothing to offend you

>>ate brownies all week
this causes depression btw

please submit your credentials, along with a 500-page dissertation on this subject, or else your opinion on this is worthless.

Not because you thought something up yourself means it's correct. Your conclusions you draw are most likely incorrect my dude. Specially when you're far from being an expert on the subject of mental health, the physiology of the brain and emotion, the effects of neurotransmiters and the diagnostic criteria of mental illnesses.

You say they push fake papers, yet you have not the skills to discredit experts. You're really just throwing stomping tantrums because people who dedicated a large portion of their lives to a branch of science disagree with your baseless opinions.

Shitload of sugar = inflammation = mentally also fucked or do you mean something else?

I submit to you the pearl you created out of your mountain of salt.

How do you even know when to go the the shrink then? I cannot tell if I am feeling shit due to being shit, or if I have an acual issue.
But if I self diagnose and then seek theraphy I just feel like I will be heckled for thinking I know anything about psychology and sent on my way.
Feels like the only way I can go to a shrink without feeling embarassment would be after a failed sucide attempt.

Attached: 1561839486003.gif (560x315, 1.33M)

>h-he can't talk about depression because he's rich and famous and he doesn't know what it's like
but also
>g-guys depression is real and a brain thing and has nothing to do with your privileges of life, look at Robin Williams he was depressed despite being successful and famous
Which is it, faggot?

brother

just goto a shrink, talk with them and see how it goes
they won't care

more so the extremely low quality grains used to make flour

>look at Robin Williams he was depressed despite being successful and famous
Talk about being ignorant. He had multiple ex-wifes who he was paying alimony to and was forced to keep working and for him to keep working, he had to use hard drugs.

>dat image

but i have none of that, just the depression

Just cause you don't know doesn't mean it's not real. As for discrediting them - it happened not by me. I just happened to read about it unlike you. A big online publisher got officially blacklisted about a year ago for too much junk. Reporters scientist team pushed back on them by creating their own fake stories with no effort to create enough evidence and then got involved spreading the info.

So you admit that you're worthless then and nobody has any reason to listen to you. You now owe me 500 million dollars for wasting my time. I'll expect it on my desk by Friday, or else you will be forcibly taken in for torture and execution.

ah ok, so i have the emotionally abusive parents part but because i was kept isolated from the outside world instead of kicked out to fend for myself i don't have a right to be depressed ok

>no goals outside of high school diploma
>2 real friends
>no tea and cookies
>no gf
>no pets
bitch please, you don't know what depression even is.

>goals achieved
>someone who loves you
>good friends
>pet who is happy to see you
>cookies
A-at least I have tea

I know that they won't care and they most likely have seen worse. Can't get the idea out of my mind though, so I keep procrastinating, as I do with everything.
Is flour made from shit grains? This is news to me, though it had to be pure.

Attached: bs.jpg (570x558, 260K)

A "big online publisher". You don't even know the actual publishers or databases used in the medical fields. New England Journal of Medicine, Elsavier, Chocrane. All of which are behind paywalls because scientific studies aren't actually free. The sole fact you can't name the "big online publishers", which is probably a free service that tops google search results, tells me you didn't actually read shit, someone on /pol/ told you and you just went with it.

You know nothing. You understsnd nothing. You cannot possibly know how fake medical information looks like when you know nothing of medicine. Go back to your tinfoil hat forums and keep wallowing in denial.

I'm a 26 year old kissless virgin with no friends

Push through it. We didn't go to the moon on a good night's sleep.

I've wasted my life.

Attached: 1561269057935.jpg (225x225, 6K)

>flour is always just the purest of grains, right?

Attached: my sweet summer child.png (416x410, 302K)

Meh, try 32. Get on my level, pleb.

someone who cares enough about real medical information wouldn't tell someone depressed to go wallow in a cesspit and to continue to get worse, mentally

Finally some sense in this world

That picture is true but maybe not as how the author meant it.
You have all these things and they distract you from following your fate. And that in turn makes you depressed.

>having a degree means your goals are achieved
I guarantee you this artist thinks that capitalism has failed

Me lol

>my situation is worse Olympics
that's not how it works.
Sure your chance to get wrecked goes up with the situation going worse but just as soccer moms screech at lame insults no ghetto kid would bat an eye too the sheltered people fold faster into depression.

I accidentally turned one dude who was too naive into a paranoid mess who is now a regular at the psychiatrist just by giving him a demonstration how to take over his webcam and spy on him. Wasn't my intention but didn't expect him to overreact that much.

Attached: 1561469101122.png (450x255, 41K)

Remember to extend your videogame piratical tendencies to scientific articles.
Didn't mean that. I just wondered what the purer grains would go towards instead. Though that sellers would naturally gravitate towards having quality goods where it was most visible to the consumer.
But maybe It's all just food coloring and factory dust.

Attached: 132944_crow_shutterstock_631317614.jpg (1280x720, 38K)

no medical professional does this though. most professionals do say that regular exercise, sunlight, and proper nutrition help depression in most people. having a social circle that cares about you helps as well.

but none of them agree with "well you didn't have it really bad so you don't have a right to be depressed"

I was that kid, whenever someone tried that with me my only thoughts were “just leave me alone”, though I was too polite to say it.

Good post. Literally mentally ill fags are seething.

Hey, if your brain is fucked up, why don't you KILL YOURSELF YOU FREAK!

I just don't care enough to memorize details. If you weren't such an imbecile you could've googled and found something yourself most likely already but keep sucking dick if love it that much it's not like it affects me.

you care about proper medical information being out there but you tell that user to go fuck off with his ignorant information and to continue to be ignorant

you are a piece of shit