Yea Forums, this is user. Unconfirmed report of a Halo Reach Thread

Yea Forums, this is user. Unconfirmed report of a Halo Reach Thread

where the fuck is it?

Attached: halo_reach.jpg (1200x628, 91K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=06y2_ql0iD8
youtube.com/watch?v=miwmCI7VS58
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What's the status on that H3 campaign port using eldewrito?

I'm already forgetting about this since hype started. But progress looks good despite them under-estimating how long things would take

Looking into it now sir, we're dealing with some locals.

Remember Reach may have been the best game marketing ever

okay listen up i went you and chief to use any means necessary to reach the silent port before the jannies delete this thread, and failure people is not an option.

Attached: keyes.jpg (1920x675, 116K)

My friends and I were the ones to ruin infection for you guys

all halo games are great, yes reach, 4 & 5 but ODST still the best. if you think otherwise you can suck my dick.

I actually think Halo 4 is much better than the general consensus seems to be. Though I agree that all of them are good. I just think H4 gets shit because "Muh Bungie" when realistically it has some better writing than most of Bungie's games. The ending was fucking good. And then H5 had to go and fuck all that up.

4 was okay, I remember some pretty dumb stuff with the whole "humanizing MC" thing they were trying to do, but been a while since I last played

Reach is the worst Halo game by a huge margin

Halo 3's believe campaign was better

The art style was complete ass, the music was shit, but the story was alright. Doesn't make up for ass multiplayer though

Halo 4 had a really good campaign and Spartan Ops was a good idea with mediocre execution. The multiplayer was pretty garbage, mostly because Halo 4 was expanding on the concepts Reach brought into the sandbox (armor abilities, load-outs), but also with things like highlighting weapon spawns, Infinity Slayer, and weapons de-spawning in 5 seconds. Forge was also objectively worse than Halo Reach. 3 small canvases with the same blocks on all of them, and fewer tools to forge with.

Anyone else really like when Jorge ducked under that Elite's sword? Showed how much better the reflexes of a Spartan 2 are. If he was a 3 he would have been fucking dead.

oh yeah that spartan ops turned out to be ass, listening to that one bitch yell "eggheads" every five minutes was annyoing
I believe they eventually brought out a large forge map but that was a bit later

This

They tried to humanize him, yes, but I feel like they handled it pretty well because the ONLY THING that got to him in any capacity was Cortana slowly going rampant. Covenant, Forerunners, all the Flood he dealt with, everything, none of it phased him. But Cortana essentially dying over the course of the game fucking sucked for him. And I think that's pretty okay considering the dynamic they had, and the fact that Cortana is as close to a pocket Halsey as you can get, and Halsey essentially being a surrogate mother for all the Spartan-II's, albeit a pretty shitty one.

I don't remember who that was, but I'm going to pin it on Palmer because she's the single worst fucking character in the Halo universe and 343 needs to publicly apologize for creating her.

Objective truth.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was Palmer.

Yeah that was her, I don't even recall if she was in 5 though I don't remember much of that game

She was barely in 5. I think 343 learned their lesson with her. I fucking hope.

Agreed I saw no problem with it, it reminded me on how Metroid Fusion humanized Samus, they should be happy they didn't due Chief like they did Samus in Other M.

Without Brian Reed there she will either be killed off, become a book character, or she'll be better written.

They announced it too early.

We’re about halfway through the month of July. They have 5 and a half months to get 6 games out on PC.

hopefully but 343 seems to be kind of a one step forward two steps back group
who's he in regards to palmer?

>who's he in regards to palmer?
Her creator

6 games that pretty much all use the same engine, and they are currently working on the most difficult one.

Even if they delay it people are still going to buy it so it's not a big deal

June's flight was Tip of the Spear, July's is supposed to be Firefight, and I resume there will be one in August for Multiplayer. After that I'd give them about a month of bugfixes and whatnot and then it'll probably release end of September, beginning on October? Once they port Reach it should be relatively easy to port the rest since they use mostly the same everything.

Nobody is going to buy Halo 4

Let's hope the UNSC Infinity gets the destruction it deserves.

Attached: .jpg (1344x1912, 1.08M)

That face looks off. Like a combination of the 343 and the Bungie Sangheili. Blur Interactive were the best

It's meant to be a mix in designs.
The Blur design is okay, but it has unnecessary features. The feet are far too tiny, and the protruding sternum makes no sense.

Attached: .png (2832x2196, 1.37M)

I dunno, man. Arby looked pretty good in H2A

Attached: mathieuAerni_Arbiter_018[1].jpg (1935x1080, 911K)

I hope Cortana butt rapes the ship.

The muscular structure from the legs were based from a horse's. I prefer toes over those stumpy hooves, since they are supposed to be agile. The lack of an ass is not good looking, and the muscles are a requirement to properly move.
In game models are better.

Attached: .png (2346x1746, 3.29M)

I dunno. I think from the waist up at least Blur's is the best design.

Attached: p66gxpdbkiaz[1].png (1920x1080, 2.28M)

It's definitely a step in the right direction. It'll be hard topping the CE design in sleekness. If they can nail their expressions properly, you wouldn't need their faces so exposed like 2A's.

Attached: .png (1840x1878, 1.96M)

How populated is Reach on 360? I'm thinking about buying a cheap XBL sub and playing it again since I'm getting impatient

Attached: 1551186634586.jpg (750x746, 81K)

Halo 4 had an alright campaign, but a horrendously bad multiplayer and a worse Forge than Reach

I played it on my roommate's One X a few days ago. There's been an uptick in player count since the PC announcement, but some playlists are completely dead (Invasion, Infection, and Multi-Team in particular will usually not have enough players for a match). If you just want TS or Big Team you'll be fine

Cod mechanics tranny

You mean Reach mechanics, sperg

>characters have known each other for literal weeks
>one of them has had his humanity indoctrinated out of him
>muh love story
>antagonist's entire backstory is in expanded universe
>S P R I N T
>horrid art style
>horrid sound design
>muh chosen one

>just played odst for the first time
>some how skipped it when it came out
>it Is great on all levels
How come bungie got it, but 343 constantly shit the bed?! Halo4 was mediocre at best, with dull anoying enemies, and halo 5 was just awful.

Team formed organically vs team assembled and instructed to change it up for "mass appeal".

>360 broke
>Lost Halo 3 somewhere
>Can't replay the Canadians
Sucks man

Not him but no one reads the fucking books, your argument falls apart as soon as you use it.

ODST was boring, you could tell that Bungie were done with Halo it wasn't as exciting and action-packed like Halo CE-3.

MAN i am so fucking HYPED, just finished halo 2 cartographer version on heroic. SO fucking hyped

it's in

The one thing that managed to make me hyped is done by a bunch of idiots that don't even know what they are doing. I find it hard to believe it's hard to port a 10 year old game.

so is there any hope for Halo 6?

Yes

FUCK JANNIES

Did you see the latest trailer?

Del Rio was a breath of fresh air. It was cool to see someone that didn't suck the Chief's 10-inch AI piercing cock 24/7.

Attached: Del_Rio_Render.png (519x1065, 428K)

Her dad?

Maybe your argument falls apart because you essentially admit you couldn't care less about what the actual plot of the game is.
It is completely built around countless shit books, that by your own admonition no one reads.

It's fine to not care about Halo's story - which is probably the standard stance anyway - but stop with the "and that's a good thing!" bullshit.
It's not, it's a retarded garbage thing.

Halo Reach is the best halo.

This is a factual statement and not up for debate.

Attached: thanos.gif (288x284, 3.12M)

Halo story is within the games not some stupid books that don't even feel like they're a part f the same universe. Most probably believe that they've known each other for a long time. I hate Reach but I thought that game finally killed you book nerds off once and for all.

Soul and no hexagons.

I would say it's the most complete package, and the best on average, but different Halo games handle different, individual aspects better than Reach.

ODST was when Bungie started removing the soul from Halo, it was so brown after Halo 3. I'm so happy we're out of the yellow/brown film grain era, don't know what devs saw in that filter.

the e3 one? It wasn't really anything other than some dude waking up chief

>Halo: Reach
>has the most content
>most of it is shit
What did Bungie mean by this?

yeah I would say thats fair, Reach was one of the best games you could get for the price imo. Good story, multiplayer, forge, and whatever that wave game mode was called.
I also liked the armor abilities though many didn't

As far as Reach and ODST goes, it was mostly from the debris and terraforming the Covies were doing. It makes sense. Though gaming in general, yes, I'm glad we're done with that.

The music, the MJOLNIR, the Halo. They're relatively small things but they're things that were absent from Halo 4 and 5, and they make it feel, whether actually the case or not, that 343i has gotten off their high horse and realized what people ACTUALLY want in a Halo game.

Halo 1 is 10/10. Reach is 9.5/10. ODST is a 9/10. 2 and 3 are both 8/10 on a non cucked scale.

The Heretic and Gravemind storylines expanded the lore so much and it was hard to feel the cinematic impact. Halo 1, Reach, and ODST all take place in 95% one setting.

Xbox live was second to my wow obsession back in the day so MP only matters a little bit. I could happily play a companion RPG that takes place during the story of Halo 2 / Halo 3. Big ambitious stories like that need a format you can sink your teeth into.

>Halo's story is within the games
Not 4 and 5's, which is extremely dependent on bookshit and awful for it.
>Reach
No one is fucking talking about Reach, you retard. Stop deflecting.
Reach has some flat characters and takes a retarded stance on how cloaking works with the supercarrier, but is altogether pretty self-contained within the game universe.

guess I could look it up but is Marty back?

>Not 4 and 5's, which is extremely dependent on bookshit and awful for it.
You can still go through them without the stupid books even though Halo 5 really pushes it by adding some book characters in the game and expecting you to just accept it. Why would you throw away Halo's one-man-army gamplay? I brought up Reach because I remember how you lorefags went on an autistic rant when it didn't follow the books and even made a website for it. It was so funny even Bungie told you guys to fuck off.

Any Xbros in here?

I'm here, planning to get a Scarlett for Halo 5 and Infinite.

lol, that shit isn't releasing until Holiday 2019 at earliest

4 and 5 are the worst Halo games.

Most likely not. He and one of the old lead game designers from Bungie made their own studio and are working on a PSVR game named Golem.

No, they have a guy mimicking his music.

Can you really say that when ODST and Reach exist, they seriously have their bad parts but at least I had fun playing them, ODST and Reach are just so boring, it's like Bungie just gave up, how do you go from making Halo CE-3 to that. I honestly think making the maps for campaign and multiplayer is what really fucked up ODST and Reach.

odst and reach > 4/5 easily

It works in ODST's case because the only multiplayer the maps are used for is Firefight, which suits campaign levels anyway.
But yes, it was a lazy decision to use campaign maps as multiplayer maps, and few of the maps work for both perfectly.

I'm not seeing it, I've tried so many times with ODST and Reach I can't, those campaigns are poorly designed. I've tried more than any Halo campaign just to try to like them but nothing changes with them, I just don't like them.

Even though the maps are fucked up, the games are still better.

What are you on? Who the fuck are you quoting? Why are you typing inane bullshit that has nothing to do with anything in my posts?
>"I don't want the Reclaimer Trilogy/Saga/whatever to rely on bookshit to adequately explain key plot elements."
>"You want Reach to follow the books and also sacrifice Halo's one-man-army gameplay"
>implying that Reach doesn't do that anyway with the invincible AI squad, or that Halo 5 isn't the worst case of them all
Don't reply if you are too brain damaged to create a coherent response. It's not even Straw-manning at this point, it's like having a totally unrelated argument with someone who doesn't exist, that you are also somehow losing.

I tried to like halo 4, I really tried but everything about it to me sucked.

Attached: 1561535759489.png (775x418, 439K)

Wasn't this supposed to come out in April? What's going on with this?

The first levels of each are probably the worst in the entire series, this becomes apparent when you replay ODST and the first level is just empty, boring, and repetitive for a Halo game, Halo Reach is worse because it takes 15 to 20 minutes before you start fighting and when you do you're just fighting weak Covenant, I don't know why the game introduces Elites with Utras, nothing about that level made sense in Reach.

the only people who think halo reach was the best, didnt play halo 3 during its prime time

well thats unfortunate

Game's dead on arrival, no one cares anymore.

Did you even comprehend my post?

story in 3 is better but overall reach is the better package, I had fun with both online with friends, once 343 got control of reach it pretty much died for us

The only people that think Reach is the best didn't even play the first Halo game.

The week that Halo was announced for PC was probably the most magic Yea Forums has been since the MGSV hype threads.

How can a single player game be dead on arrival? I plan on playing it, but I'm not really in a hurry.

Attached: 1424450263412.gif (800x428, 1.95M)

GIVE

While i was big fucking nerd about halos universe and its story, when it came to actually playing the games, its the multiplayer and the custom games that gave me the most fun.

Halo 3s multiplayer was (for some reason) the best shit i ever played. Add custom games on that and i can say i've never had as much fun in a multiplayer game after halo 3.
You are right actually, reach was the better, overall package. But again, H3s multiplayer/custom games just trumps every other halo for me. after all, halo 3 had the most sales and most concurrent players in a given time.

3 was better in every way and Reach was ever good, 343 tried to fix it but you can't fix what's already broken

*never

>DURR THE ONLY PEOPLE THAT DIDN'T LIKE REACH WERE [STRAWMAN]

brainlets my god

My personal favorite is:
>I’ve been playing Halo since CE and..

also, as for me, Halo 3 was like the game that made me get xbox live and was just fun playing with friends or randoms, think the community is a bit more different now along with me being older and like with your last point, games don't really have that much longevity anymore as they did during halo 3 days

>but some playlists are completely dead (Invasion
normies just can’t appreciate true art

Also reminder that Invasion is going to be completely fucked in the PC release

wait what are they doing for the PC release?

autism thread?

youtube.com/watch?v=06y2_ql0iD8

The basic crux of Invasion is that the two sides have different weapons and loadouts. The Spartans spawn with an Assault Rifle (automatic) and a Pistol (scoped and headshot capable) while the Elites start with a Plasma Repeater (automatic) and a Plasma Pistol (not scoped and not headshot capable). On PC. You do the math.

Don't the Repeaters outgun the Assault Rifles up close? Elite teams will probably learn quick to force close range and not let themselves be visible from Spartan spawn.

Is reach Backwards compatible on xbone?

The Reach pistol also has a shit ton of bloom. It won't matter that it can pop headshots. Besides, Elites can pick up Needler Rifles on Boneyard phase 1, so it doesn't really matter.

Elites also had camo and the needler.

straight up gunning someone down with regular plasma pistol shots actually works better than the repeater in my experience

Slipspace rupture detected

Attached: SlipspaceRuptureDetectedSlipspaceRuptureDetectedSlipspaceRuptureDetectedSlipspaceRuptureDetectedSlip (1920x1080, 139K)

HERE.
WE.
GO.
I don't care about what you nerds will say, Reach was absolute kino.

Attached: 2kZszVY.jpg (541x178, 32K)

ODST was good but it was literally a filler game Bungie whipped up at the last minute to fulfill their commitment to microsoft

>it was literally a filler game Bungie whipped up at the last minute to fulfill their commitment to microsoft
It was meant to be an expansion hence the title Halo 3. But after Chronicles went tits up they were short a game and used it instead packed with Halo 3's multi.

I played every halo game except CE on launch day and I prefer reach to 3

ME

Same, but Halo 2 is my favorite. I played Halo CE first though. A few months after launch.

Reach is probably the best, but Halo 2 feels the most nostalgic for me so I like it more. It still feels like Halo unlike Halo 4.

Attached: 1561171376028.gif (245x180, 252K)

>the story was alright
Ah yes, because humanity building one of the biggest ships in the galaxy a mere 4 years after being on the verge of extinction, then making a bajillion spartans to fill it with makes perfect sense. Then there's Cortana's space magic in addition to Forerunner stuff not at all working like it used to...

It feels like one.

It does certain moments really well, but it falls apart on repeat playthroughs.

>caring about Spartan Ops

This, just like ODST.

THAT

I really do like H4, but, as far as the campaign goes, the level design was pretty boring. The game pushed the visual limit of the 360 so hard, that the game couldn't really do too much aside from hallway fights and on-rail sequences. Still, though, I do think the story is well-written and I'll defend the soundtrack.
I actually like the music. There's a couple of good tracks on the game. This one in particular. youtube.com/watch?v=miwmCI7VS58

Attached: masterbeef.png (1920x1080, 1009K)

Nice reading comprehension. I didn't mention Spartan Ops at all, retard.

I didn't like reach when it came out, i was hoping to change my mind by playing it on pc.
too bad it will never come out

You talked about the Spartan IVs who are an afterthought in the campaign.