Whatever ended up killing Tribes?

whatever ended up killing Tribes?

it was such a fun and unique game

Attached: tribes2.jpg (1920x1080, 504K)

p2w

the devs

They redirected funds and time into working on Smite.

ascend was garbage dumbed down baby hitscan trash

Entitled players

>you will never go fast again

I wish Midair went somewhere but the devs were incompetent there too.

IIRC, update basically killed the online by accident, devs couldn't figure out what was going wrong until it was too late and community just moved on.
Quite sad, actually.

>let's screw over our players who are mostly old and don't fall for bullshit and deleting a great map for no reason
>then let the game die after 1 year
PERFECT

These. Hi-Rez is a fucking god awful developer that chases trends to keep their company afloat.
>tribes is cool
>but league is huge
>drops tribes support to funnel funds into smite
>oh but overwatch is HUGE!
>drop smite support, funnel funds to paladins
>both clones are successful, keep them afloat to compete with their """inspirations"""

I will never not get mad when someone supports one of their shitty games.

Attached: 1561911201092.gif (404x347, 1003K)

the game was by its very nature not noob friendly, the devs tried to change that but ended up fucking the game up for the already established playerbase

i still have blue balls from this shit please never bring it up again
it was like a fleeting dream that was too good to be true

Attached: NEIN.jpg (472x385, 32K)

the worst part is how they could've turn Tribes into its own little niche genre but pulled out too early

Tfw immortalized in the official Yea Forums list of tribes bros. Anyone still got the image? Unfortunately I quit before the reddit vs Yea Forums ass-whoopin

they continually fucked up and tinkered around with the good maps and then dropped the game to chase trends and they've been doing it ever since

>whatever ended up killing Tribes?
It's creators.

What are some games where you go fast?

Attached: 3ce.png (326x450, 358K)

I think they abandoned Tribes to put more resources into Smite cuz they wanted the esports bux

the game wasn't unique or even exciting to play
it was like because it was le secret club and the devs shilled here and communicated with posters
it wasn't even
>fast

infact the tribes games are boring as fuck and there is nothing especially good about them when there have been a million games that expanded by having vehicles and structures like battlezone and other boomer games from that era
ascend is just a simple barebones shooter like it's predecessors that sold mediocre when the genre was popular on pc

>t. zoomer

Titanfall 2 is the best I've seen so far. Disappointingly small maps if you're used to Tribes, but still fun.
Alas, /tfg/ is now dead, and the game is slowly losing players since the Apex revival.

>470377927
No.

Attached: 1556330618585.png (1222x1002, 173K)

Do you just shoot at the ground all the time or what?

same as every other arena fps - halo. then halo went to shit and no one cared about arena shooters anymore.

They removed the grappling hook introduced in Tribes: Vengeance.

>tfw you smirk internally whenever you see the letter combination [VGS]
Oh those times..

To this day I've boycotted Hi-Rez for what they did. Fuckers.

/thread

it was those literal retards

>reddit vs Yea Forums match on tribes
>all the OC spawned from tribes

that was a great time

Attached: 1328465533656.png (972x936, 466K)

one of the biggest problems with Tribes is the Old good new bad philosophy.

I started palying Tribes with Starsiege Tribes.
And boy, its not the best one. I prefer it to Tribes 2, and i understand why people didnt like Vengeance, but the Grappling hook was fucking cool, maybe restirct it more, make it a pack or something.
Tribes 1 was mostly good for server mods anyway.
Theres plenty of people that shit on Ascend, but ascend is actually pretty good.
Of course the Hitscan is pure cancer, and to be entierly honest so are the auto weapons as they are far too accurate and not nearly shit enaugh.
the best servers are those that dont allow hitscan and auto, theres used to be a few.
Still skiing feels the most natural in ascend, the Graphics managed to both look good and convey what was actually going on and they had some unique ideas at least.

The other issue Ascend had other than contrarianism from oldfags was fucking Reddit.
Ever since they moved the Forums to reddit, it went downhill.
People kept defending Hitscan and Auto weapons because "people with high ping need them".
Fucking tards, people with high ping need to stop living in third world countries, they have no business playing tribes. Fucking Redditors kept insisting on turning tribes into a game it was never supposed to be, and if HiRez ever listened to anything, then it was reddit as it was their "official forum"

Slimy Jew tactics by the devs killed the game.

Attached: Link_.jpg (724x1024, 113K)

People say things like this but the fact is that high skill ceiling, complex shooters like Tribes can't do well in today's market, particularly not strange ones that demand unique skills like Tribes (skiing, inheritance, etc). It did well enough when it was the flavor of the month, but that's over. The only multiplayer games anyone cares about are PUBG-likes, meme games and casual military shooters. Tribes was doomed to fail from the outset by virtue of being Tribes.

Attached: TribePosterPhotoPrint-600.jpg (600x400, 388K)