Has anyone ever made a good rebuttal to this?

Has anyone ever made a good rebuttal to this?

Attached: Oblivion.png (1024x2304, 3.41M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Cpug-FCZjhU
youtube.com/watch?v=aYmOqPFyJPw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yes. __________________________Shut up, fag.____________________________________

>Has anyone ever made a good rebuttal to "2+2=4"

youtube.com/watch?v=Cpug-FCZjhU

Oblivion is miles better than Morrowind.

no
see

Counter-argument: Anonymous is a nigger.

spamming the word 'terrible' isn't an argument

yea
all elderscrolls game are shit, literally zero (0) good games in the series

>spamming
fucking where?

Attached: (3).jpg (238x212, 6K)

I dunno, the 9 times it appears maybe?

>morrowindfag has the gal to call people who like oblivion nostalgiafags

L

O

L

>rebutting an opinion
Choke on a dick, fag.

nothing to lol about
it's impossible to rate oblivion over morrowind if you play them both in present day. I should know, I first played MW a couple of years ago, so I couldn't have any nostalgia, and I loved it

i'm not even particularly fond of morrowind

WHY
WON'T
YOU
DIE?

>opinion
those are factual statements

Yes, oblivion was shite. But morrowind was an even worse game

TPBP

decent

The Elder Scrolls has always been low quality, but no one else is making heavily moddable open world rpgs with a character creator, so the games are also the best of their niche genre. This creates the paradox of the games being both good and bad at the same time. This is proven by these threads, where Oblivion is only compared against...other Elder Scrolls games that are also objectively bad but at the same time are the best games of their genre.

He makes some points without providing evidence but I agree with them so whatever. I still like the game even though it's arguably terrible in every way besides the soundtrack, there's nothing else out there that really fills the same niche that TES games do.

>providing evidence
the game is there, just look it up
it's self evident just like the sky being blue

I agree that the level scaling was a huge fucking mistake. Everything else is just him bitching, though.

not really, it's all correct
just pales in comparison

rrr

Nah, the level scaling had objectively measurable negative impacts on the entire rest of the game and never should have even come up as an idea. The rest is pure subjective bitching and moaning.

Is this supposed to be a joke?

follow the equasion along
it's correct, demonstrates how common core is fucking with the brain more or less

>it's correct
dividing by zero isn't correct

why not?

He divides by zero. Shit like this is usually used as a problem very early on in any real analysis textbook to demonstrate how irrevocably fucked things get when you do this.

Are you a legitimate retard or just trolling? Dividing by zero is an impossible operation. It either can't be done or is infinity depending on what assumptions you are working under.

No need to, it's a fallacious argument. It states a premise and works backwards to try and justify it, but doesn't provide enough material to really do.

it does though

He's right you know.jpg

>so I couldn't have any nostalgia
yeah no one ever wants to appear hardcore and praise old things over new things
that never has happened before

>morrowfags
>actually thinking the guilds and quests in morrowind were good

3 doesn't equal 0, but 3*0=0. If you divide by zero you'd get a contradiction.

>i hate this kind of game so it sucks
>didn't even like morrowind
there

yeah everyone hated level scaling, it was a mistake they didn't repeat

that never has happened before

your perception of the sky being blue is conditional and can be by various methods.

No, cramming as many uncontextualized buzzwords as you can in a sentence doesn't make for a good argument, but since you post on Yea Forums and you agree with shitpost images that notion is probably lost on you

He's absolutely right about level scaling.
I loved that game until the exact moment I figured out how that system worked, and then it was forever lost to me. It has plenty of other flaws of course, but that one is the killer.

how long did it take to figure out?

Quite a while, fortunately. I was pretty young and raised on consoles, so had no real experience with RPGs at the time. I got a decent amount of fun from it, enough to complete some of the good quest lines like the Dark Brotherhood even.
I doubt it would take very long for anyone used to those kinds of systems to notice what was going on, but I played in ignorant bliss for probably dozens of hours.

this is the average oblivion defender

why play on console when pc version has mods?

sad, i knew about it before I played it and i couldnt enjoy it no matter what

Oblivion is an objectively bad game but I can't deny that it sucked me in for hours at a time despite that. the more you think about it the more of a clumsy mess it becomes, but it's also possible to turn off your brain and immerse yourself in the lukewarm waters of mediocrity for a moderately enjoyable boilerplate fantasy experience.
And much like with skyrim, underneath that layer of normie-pandering storybook fantasy crap was some actually interesting lore and development of the franchise, the fall of the empire was a big deal that had been alluded to for a while, and the commentaries on the mysterium xarxes are actually pretty interesting, mankar camaron was a smart dude.

now you know why black holes are so terrifying. They are nature's equivalent of dividing by 0

jesus christ this post reeks of reddit

Attached: 2905988129812.gif (250x233, 1.5M)

>black holes are so terrifying.
ikr

the level scaling is baffling.

Attached: fire and ice.gif (384x216, 1.49M)

The power of science is amazing. I love knowing things are true without understanding them. Its like sex.

I was like 12 when it came it out and didn't have a PC that was even close to being able to run it. Like I said, raised on consoles.
I didn't defend it though, I said it was shit as soon as you figure out how it works. It's fun while you have a sense of wonder and exploration, but then you notice that every single dungeon, enemy and item is perfectly generated, scaled and molded to the level of your character. The direction you wander, the cave you enter, the quest you undertake, none of it matters. You'll fight level appropriate enemies and receive a level appropriate reward. You'll never be challenged, and you'll never grow more powerful. It all means nothing, there's nothing to find, and there's no threats to face.

"we want the intended mode of gameplay to be for the player to walk directly into the wildnerness with no regard for where they're going, to enter a dungeon with no idea what it's for or what lies inside, and kill a great number of enemies for no reason other than to gain their dropped items and experience, then to return to town, sell all their items, and repeat the experience, at no point giving any thought to why they are doing these things. we must design the entire game around this mode of thinking, make sure the players are never asked to do any thinking, they simply can't handle it!"
-Todd Howard

You're an idiot

This post is 1 rick and morty quote away from being the most reddit thing I've ever seen.

irrationally upset

now you know why those posts are so terrifying. They are nature's equivalent of irrational numbers.

if you don't post stupid shit all the time then people won't call you out for posting stupid shit

Attached: 1560863023841.gif (499x315, 481K)

No one is upset just pointing out cringe when I see it

i'm not him

This is why true open world games are almost never satisfying to play for longer lengths of time. You need to have some amount of hard or soft barriers to give a sense of progress.

I don't know if the open world aspect actually causes that problem though, if anything, it seemed like they were worried that players couldn't an open would (even though they were able to handle the first three just fine), so they needed to put in these artificial flattening measures to make sure you have the same """""""""""""""""curated""""""""""""""""" experience no matter what you do, which, as has been pointed out, is directly counterproductive to the appeal of open world games.

it's literally only obv and skyrim

I think that's exactly what I said, sherlock.

not really, no

Oblivion is a fucking disgrace, basically turned what Morrowind constructed into a consolefag normie title. Removed lots of fun elements to the game. It laid the foundation for quest markers, brought the shitty fast travel back. It brought that fucking compass that reveals nearby locations, ruining the element of discovery. Fuck Oblivion, only worth playing for the Shivering Isles.

you wish

Attached: 1537057094037.jpg (1165x1280, 143K)

why don't you just tell me what you think was incorrect about my post instead of being a demure little coquette, user?

you didn't mention fallout 3 and 4

In my case I never had a beef with it because for me in ES the *entire point* is: "Avoid shit that tries to kill me while I steal everything in the game over the course of about 100-120 hours, then feel bad because I made everything ugly by stealing all the set pieces since items have physical models, try to put some back and leave the last 1/3 of the game's environments alone, then finish the main story in a bumbling rush at 3am and never load up the game again to do everything I missed or more properly attend to the main quest". With Skyrim I was a bit better about it and tried as hard as possible to only steal invisible inventory crap(except taffy treats and mammoth trunks, I made those my whale-grail), but I still bit the Tootsie Pop one night on the MSQ after the first meeting with Parthunax.

now I am intrigued, what is that pic about.

youtube.com/watch?v=aYmOqPFyJPw

what a reddit post holy shit

>Bethesda game sucks
I am shocked!

the office started airing in 2005, user

and it got popular recently thanks to reddit

thats the kind of reddit-centric worldview that someone who browses reddit has, not everything in life flows from your precious cartoon alien's ass, you understand that, right?

Based and Vivecpilled.

"Well well, look at the outlander pullin' up in his fancy imperial sailboat."
>I came here as a prisoner!

"Well pardon us, Mr. Colovian fur helm."
>I looted this helm from a dead bandit.

"Well la de lah Mr. House Telvanni slaver.
>Sorry but I believe in good mercantile skills."

"Teh! You're not gonna grow nothing at Hlaalo Manor, that's why Uryne Nirith abandoned it!"
>Oh what do you know?!

"I know your alchemy skill is up near 5.6 and you need 7-8 max to craft fortify intelligence potions"
>Oh that's just a superstition. You just watch me, I'll grow saltrice out there!

"Not if you're planting kwama eggs."
>DOH!

Attached: sneed beyond seed outlander.png (1164x652, 838K)

I mostly agree but I'm getting sick of this line

>MUH INTERPLAY BETWEEN GUILDS!

There was no interplay between guilds in Morrowind outside doing the Thieves Guild. That was literally it, nothing of the sort happens in ANY other guilds in the game.