Why are videogame journalists so unethical?

I don't think any industry has journalists as bad as videogames.
>Almost all articles are clickbait
>No attempt whatsoever to give both sides of a story
>Clearly in some form of agreement with many companies to give favorable reviews or press
>Absolute lack of research, often reporting rumor or blatant lies as facts
>Rarely update articles when proven wrong
>No concern about conflicts of interest
>Notable hatred of their own readers
>Most lack basic familiarity with the subjects they write about

Attached: why.gif (270x188, 1.78M)

All journalists are Jewish puppets. You only hate video game journalists because you actually know enough about video games to see through their bullshit. Journalists in other fields are misleading you just as hard.

Attached: times.jpg (640x800, 68K)

Because they aren't journalists in the fist place. Writing editorials or reading news someone else published is not journalism.

Mainstream media is far far worse than anything vidya journalists have ever done.
Has kotaku or any other site outright blackmailed people for supporting the sitting president?

There was an entire year of shitposting about this in 2015.
Even with all the speculation and facts, they still found a way to shift the blame to someone else entirely, only this time it caused even more social stigma.

Attached: 1494605074528.png (500x419, 248K)

sounds like a butthurt gamergater hasn't moved on FIVE YEARS LATER

Let it go autistic fool, you lost

Journalism as a whole has been a joke since print started dying, and non-print "journalism" has been a wash for half a century.

Because together with hard work and perseverance we can change it for the better. Until we live long enough to see ourselves become the villain

a little cranky after today's dilation?

Cute snek!

Attached: 1510501282383.gif (500x396, 1.15M)

>you lost
sure keep telling yourself that journo.

Attached: sure.png (918x667, 171K)

Why are game fans fucking annoying white trash?

Because no one chooses which skin color they are born with you racist shithead.

Don’t overthink it. Most of them are out to make a buck.

I think its because the majority of journalists aren't actually gamers
>inb4 hurr durr us gamers gamers rise up
I'm 100% serious. I see that a lot of video game journalists are only people who barely, if at all, play video games, or only play them very casually, and so, they tend to write about what happens around video games a lot, usually done in a very clickbaity way because they don't actually know what they're talking about, or just write very inaccurately. This is how you get tons of people talking about things like social justice in video games, boob size of characters, or "x being the dark souls of y" etc. because the people writing this don't actually care or know much about video games. Then you have the fact that video game journalism is much more accessible than real journalism in other fields, and you have a bunch of people, who barely care about video games writing tons of bullshit because they want to feel important.

Attached: 1562019929047.png (500x251, 203K)

Recently there was a thread about journo complaining about the therm "metroidvania" because it was too confusing for him, and "it's hard to explain the therm to person that doesn't play videogames". Gaming journos are random people after social studies in collage that happened to be hired by the company, have no gaming background and knows jack shit about subject matter, they also like to ruin someone else's hobbies just because of spite and so called justice because their work sucks so much.

It's a hobby that's easily adopted by outsiders. Unlike sports or technical stuff like radios, you can just pick up a controller (or phone I guess) and call yourself an epic gamer, which means an audience that will believe whatever you tell them. And since it's an entertainment genre, it attracts bullshit similar to celebrity magazines. All these companies look for is some literary degree and someone that won't say anything that would make them look bad (even though they don't understand what makes them look bad).

Your list is exactly why they're dying. It's insane how these """""journalists""""" don't understand why they're getting fired en masse. Fags will see the word journalism and type something about gamergate as a reflex, but no one here would ever defend Kotaku, Polygon, etc. Right? You guys don't read from there, right?

Attached: nerdstare.jpg (746x580, 42K)

>I don't think any industry has journalists as bad as videogames.
The ENTIRE journalism industry is exactly what you described.

video games journalists are snakes

Attached: climbing snake.webm (336x720, 2.9M)

Metroidvania is a retarded term though

To be fair, "metroidvania" is a terrible term, but pretty much EVERY videogame genre name is. Good luck explaining to someone who doesn't play videogames that the term "role-playing game" is actually a specific genre and not a catch-all for 99% of video games considering the vast majority have you playing a role in them.

Even video game journalists in the 90's and early 2000's weren't that bad, they actually pushed out entertaining stuff.

What happened? :(

Attached: Nintendo-Power-Battletoads-Video-Game-Retro-Magazine.jpg (550x743, 377K)

I never played any metroidvania before but still knew what kind of games this therm describes, you have to be completely ignorant to not know what it means. It's true that the word doesn't sound nice, just like the therm kafkaesque or lovecraftian. No one disputes those therms. Also metroidvania is better description then just side scroller, just like rougelike or soulslike is better description then permadeath games and hard 3d action adventure games.

>why do people do stuff that gives them the most clicks?

Fuck off.

Writing about video games is what happens when you've failed as a journalist anywhere else or what you do in order to climb the ladder into real journalism.

There is also obviously agenda pushing and attention seeking too.

As someone who's trying to become a games journalist the lack of quality from my cowriters astounds me. Anyway I'll try and do all you anons justice.

Damn, how did that stupid reptile learn to do THAT?!

well played snek, well played.

They know they are irrelevant and their time is ending so they make rage bait so people will talk about them.

This, the hiring standards are
1) Do you have ANY degree related to writing
2) Are you willing to insert what the company tells you to say
It's like British tabloids, but off topic and political. It's the lowest form of """"""""""journalism"""""""""" that you look for when you've been rejected elsewhere or don't aspire to write anything of effort or worth.

what the fuck is a therm why the fuck do you keep saying therm?

Attached: 1502215590636.jpg (512x384, 56K)

Oh shit, i meant term. Sorry, me no speak english.

Attached: 1433558918843.gif (189x189, 1.94M)

THAT DOESN'T EXPLAIN ANYTHING
HOW CAN YOU BE SAYING THERM
WHAT IS THIS SOME SORT OF JOKE OR REFERENCE I DON'T KNOW?
HAVE YOU BEEN ACTUALLY INCORRECTLY SAYING THERM YOUR ENTIRE LIFE?
WERE YOU BORN YESTERDAY?
FUCKING EXPLAIN

Attached: 1529387557401.gif (256x186, 973K)

It was obviously a typo, you sperg.

it's not a typo when you keep writing it on purpose in several different instances

Except snakes are cool
Journalists aren't

Attached: C6BB62E95DC54249B8451878B183DE06.jpg (640x640, 26K)

Shit the fuck up hick white trash.